So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Well, I had a bunch of plans related to preparing for some cave runs this weekend, but I didn't expect 2 of my 3 tribemates to hop on at the same time I did tonight lol.

First thing I did was check on my saber. It's not a fresh tame or anything, quite the opposite in fact; it's a perfect tame that's been sitting around doing nothing for months, never even named him. But with caving on the docket, none of us really have dedicated cave mounts. I was able to use all of the points newly named Gray had stockpiled to reach the bare minimum, 5k HP, with just enough points to sneak a few into melee.

Then, since my tribemate took out his saber too, and my other tribemate got out his surviving baryonyx, we decided to go do a quick volc cave run just because. Hadn't even been in any of the caves since before the resdesign. It was fun, we've all played together for a long time but even as a tribe (we were all solo before) we don't really do a lot together. In fairness a lot of it has to do with availability, rarely is everyone around at the same time for varying reasons.

So anyway we ran volc cave, grabbed the artifact and went home. Wish we could all use voice chat, but alas not an option yet.

But with that I decided since my plans were already waylaid I would use the rest of my evening to hunt for a female saber as we only have males for some reason. Tribemate 1 assisted while tribemate 2 went off to look for a new bary.

Was almost out of time when I found a 140 female, grabbed her and nearly died fleeing the snow biome with no fur on lol. Oops.

The saber had good rolls and for once an animal with a low food stat, but sadly even that boost wasn't enough to top my perfect tamed male. But at least now I can breed them and get an imprinted baby. We have some ok saddles to use as well. So breeding will absolutely happen on the weekend, but by then it was late so I called it for the night.

I turned my computer on when I got home, Went out to obtain some food for the afternoon ahead of me. Took my work boots of and decided I didn't want to sit in my dirty work clothes for the arvo and changed. By this time my food was ready I sat down for a brief moment to entertain the lady bits ( girlfriend) and ask her about her day and what not before I disappeared until food once again magically appeared on the table. She was watching what I believed to be some girly show on Netflix, she was 5 minutes into the first episode. I made my mistake by sitting down to eat.   13 reasons why was the show, 6 hours later we had watched half of the series and I didn't get to play ark at all.

7 hours ago, spacejam said:

I turned my computer on when I got home, Went out to obtain some food for the afternoon ahead of me. Took my work boots of and decided I didn't want to sit in my dirty work clothes for the arvo and changed. By this time my food was ready I sat down for a brief moment to entertain the lady bits ( girlfriend) and ask her about her day and what not before I disappeared until food once again magically appeared on the table. She was watching what I believed to be some girly show on Netflix, she was 5 minutes into the first episode. I made my mistake by sitting down to eat.   13 reasons why was the show, 6 hours later we had watched half of the series and I didn't get to play ark at all.

haha I guess that can happen sometimes :) Nothing wrong with that as long as you enjoyed it.

I have no spectacular story to tell, just ran around with my raptor with no specific goal. Tamed 2 more, so now I have a raptor army. Saw an alpha carno which made me run away real fast ;) On the negative side I managed to kill one of my own dolphins. It was stuck underneath a shark and I was thinking I was hitting the shark, but ended up killing the dolphin. So stupid...

Decided to veture to the actual center of the center. Found an Allo pack with a high level female that was mostly white, and two decent level, good looking minions. Was going to tame and work on logistics of getting them back to my base later, but they aggro'd an argy and ran off the edge to their death. So much for that.

Found another allo pack closer to home causing destruction with an alpha raptor. Spent forever kiting away the raptor, until it got stuck in a bronto-therizino mess quite a distance away. Tamed up the alpha and one of the minions, but the third minion disappeared somewhere. Didn't have the sense to check levels beforehand, and they were pretty sad, but I island hopped them home anyhow. Bred up Sol, my gold and white high level allo, with Twinby, my current alpha that's red with green scutes and black belly. Hatched out a 151 girl, white with gold scutes and black belly. Going to breed her back to Sol and keep working on getting a beast allo with maybe a color mutation. 

Built my few pachys a new stable to get them out of my house. Saw a couple spawned on my island so went to see if any of them were female but found two cool, higher leveled female raptors instead, so tamed them up and added them to my raptor pack. I have two lower leveled males from early on, so maybe tonight will try to find a high leveled male for my girls and start some breeding. 

Moved my tapejaras around. I've had good luck spooking them into cliffs so they get stuck, so I had a white and purple one spawn outside my base that I tried the same with. Unfortunately this one apparently was smarter than the rest and just went flapping to who knows where. So went back home, took my wyvern Selarus out for some meat. Took my favorite argy Windshear out after that for more meat. Took the mammoth Seaice outt gather wood. Realized then I needed a beaver badly but it was getting late, so I planned out my terror bird stable and then decided to hatch a couple of eggs. 

Hatched out a nice black and red-brown moschops female to go with my all black male, Coal. Then hatched out two compys to add to my Menagerie of Small Annoyances. Debated on reorganizing my pego room but that'll wait till tonight. 

Wasn't the most exciting day but I got some stuff done tonight.

Gathered up all the spoiled meat from all the troughs in the city and discovered we have way more than I expected. I have one tribemate who really enjoys filling entire troughs full of meat every couple days and calling that "helping" when they really don't need that much, and then of course he never makes narcs or anything with the spoiled. So I took one of the brontos out for a narc run, barely put a dent in anything. While I was there I made a few stacks of stimulants for the upcoming cave runs since I know I'll be prepared but tribemate won't be.

He was actually on, went off looking for a new bary again and later, sheep or another female cat. Found a ram, not the most useful but we can always sacrifice him for mutton later. The sheep, not my tribemate. He's made of something but it's not mutton, alas.

Then I spent some time doing other housekeeping things. Now that things stay sorted, I've been really trying to clean up and organize. One tribemate is almost as neat as I am. The other one is often forced off the game before he can clean up his mess. The other one just makes a mess everywhere he goes. Sigh. So that usually falls on me to keep everything tidy. I hate, hate hate random boxes of crap.

I only have about 3 hours max to play during the week so I rounded out my night with a few breedings. Not hatching anything until the weekend but I would really like to get back to progress on some of these. Bred 2 pairs of ankys and 1 pair of brontos. The ankys are my best bred for levels so far, at a respectable 260+, slowly working all of my high rolls in. I had hoped to bred a base 300 animal but I'm not sure I have the patience to hunt down new tames for what is essentially a side project, and with this line already having high melee and the new metal weight reduction, I think they'll do great as is. The bronto pairing is working colors into stats, so I don't expect much out of it honestly. I have a gorgeous bronto color morph that I bred, now I need to get some stats into the line to make a really fantastic battle bronto.

That's about all I managed to get done, but I did check off everything on my list that I wanted to do.

Honestly tomorrow I might just try running the cave myself as is, I have all the gear for it...I'm just trying to organize some tribe events since it seems like no one really wants to do things alone, but won't suggest things like this either lol. One problem with being really established on PVE, people start getting soft and fear death. You'd think it would be the opposite since it doesn't take us a lot of effort to replace most things, but then we are severely lacking in certain types of gear. One reason for the cave runs.

Short but productive session today.

Ran lower south cave to add to our artifact collection.

Tamed a new ewe for our small but growing sheep herd. Found another one but was sadly unable to save it from the jaws of a direwolf.

Scouted for another female saber but didn't find one; did see a 145 male, but we have 2 males without mates currently so I left him.

Filled three troughs worth of meat for three late state juvi tusos, tore down the remainder of the base of a guy I let shack up on herby island with me and replaced it with fresh double stacked pillars to cease the encroachment of the local server thatch troll, logged back out.

Raising squids is slow, boring work - after the first twenty four hours its mostly feed and go play something else.

On 12/04/2017 at 3:23 AM, Cymas said:

I have one tribemate who really enjoys filling entire troughs full of meat every couple days

Sounds like myself haha, I hate the troughs being empty but I do make Narcs. 

I logged in last night after a few days off, found my tribemates had tamed a few bears and had successfully bred them and he was imprinting. I complained as none of the 5 troughs had any berries or meat in. I took out the Bronto... and put 1000 berries into all 5 troughs. I then took out my Rex (only lvl 239) but slaughtered everything insight (I had to change my original wording here haha). I put 300 meat in all troughs and went to see these Baby bears. My friend had created a imprinting pen away from the base so he could control what they were eating (not sure if this is a good idea or not). His two troughs were full of berries so I complained to him again about the empty ones. 

The bears were cute though and lvl 204s so hopefully they will turn out well. 

I then went back to base after collecting a few purple drops but nothing of worth found, only to find 2 of my troughs were empty of meat again. Took the Rex out again and slaughtered another coastline including a lvl 130 spino which upset my other tribemate when he logged in as he wants one (my bad). 

Filled the two troughs with another 300 meat and happily they hardly lowered over the rest of the night.

Other than that, it was a fairly straightforward evening.

Mixed night last night, found a 140 giga so decided to tame it, lost my best argy and almost my best ptera trying to kite it into the Giga trap.  Finally got it in and it took an age to drop as there is a blind spot that it kept running into

Dropped at 220 melee and stood up at 210 so got a solid tame out of it in the end, then walked 'Shrek' back and logged off for the night

Argy breeding this weekend I think 

Oh, and I was given a bred Thylaceleo by an allianced tribe

Edited by Flaminraptors
Furt her info

Some nob started building on my little metal spawn hill (59, 59ish) earlier this week. I asked if he'd move and offered to help then he proceeds to place large crop plots all around the hill so I made some explosives and started the move without him. 

I don't like to do stuff like that but I feel like he spat on the foot of my offer and gave me no choice

3 hours ago, Teddansen said:

Some nob started building on my little metal spawn hill (59, 59ish) earlier this week. I asked if he'd move and offered to help then he proceeds to place large crop plots all around the hill so I made some explosives and started the move without him. 

I don't like to do stuff like that but I feel like he spat on the foot of my offer and gave me no choice

You did well, have no regrets. You offered a hand and he rejected it, he deserved it.