So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

so what did I do in Ark today................. well nothing I have been trying to get in the game for a week now I downloaded the game Thursday and now Thursday a week later have not been in the game once yet, installing it agian for the 7th time to see if it will work not holding my breath. and I spent close to 300 dollars on so called fixes on my end and nothing, oh and nothing from studio wild card on a fix or even a hey sorry to hear nothing

Good to see this topic is going so well. 

I had one of those days yesterday. I couldn't post on the forums (possibly some new account post limit or something - way to go to suppress the forums but hey I understand there are spammers) and then my start to Ark was horribly frustrating.

Logged in on my cliff  base and took my 270 Ptera (low lvl for you guys but high for me) and flew down to my beach to feed my Carnivore army only for Ark to crash (timeout) and I quickly logged back in to find myself in deep waters. Panicked and swam like mad and made it back to the beach. Jumped on one of our argies that was somehow outside of our walls and then went looking for my Ptera and found it way up high stationary (will they just stay there until they run out of stamina and food and then plummet to a watery death?) 

Anyhow, got him on follow, took him back to my base and calmed myself down now that I had my high lvl Ptera back.

Then something strange happened. I checked the Tribelog and found that one of our Parasaurs had been killed along with a dodo and the food trough had been destroyed. Now on a cliff base I understand the chances of a spawn landing  in my base is quite high but the log didn’t show what had killed them. I decided to fly up top to find a tamed Ptera sitting there and a logged out char. What do you think the chances are that this player was the cause of my slight pain? Its PvE but you can still grief a little and I came to the conclusion that Id give this lvl 41 player the benefit of the doubt and not lock him in a cage that I had put in my inventory. I did stand there looking at his unconscious body thinking ‘should I?’.

I then jumped on my Rex, harvested copious amounts of meat, and filled my troughs for my Allos, Rex’s and Carnos. My partner in crime then logged on and we flew over to Burnt Island and harvested some Chitin from the Scorpions whilst tormenting Argies and Rex’s – was fun.

Cant wait for tonights adventures and Im hoping that the possible griefer hasn’t tried kiting some Therizino into my base whilst I gave him a chance…

• Like 1

I swear I will be accused of lying on this. I hopped to Scorched from home server to hunt wyvern eggs. Buzzed over to the Scar on a ptera, 510 melee, 3K stam,3K health, 210 speed. Imprinted to me. Important to know for later. First nest I checked had a 115 Fire egg, not up to my standards. but courteous snatch and eat when safe to force respawn. Full speed out of the Scar, five seconds after leaving, paused to check if pursued. No pursuit! Wait, what's this? Oh crap, fire wyvern on the ground almost directly under me. Not moving. Spyglassed it, as it was doing the quetz ostrich maneuver. Tamed wyvern, and owned by a friendly tribe I know. I immediately landed and opened steam chat to message one of them about their wayward wyvern. Only to have a lightning wyvern start electrocuting me! Dropped steam, launched, and rolled in a looping circle to see an angry lightning wyvern now zapping the fire wyvern and another barrel rolling ptera in the distance! It took three rolls to convince the lightning wyvern that I was a worthy foe and to aggro on me, and it gave chase. Out of nowhere, another, or the same ptera is back and hitting the electric wyvern while another tame fire wyvern is galloping towards the passive fire wyvern. I kid you not, I spin attacked the lightning wyvern and stopped dead in the air upside down, beak deep in the deathworm that had just sprouted to get his chewy share of the passive fire wyvern. And the fun began in earnest, two pteras and a fire wyvern battling a deathworm and a very angry lightning wyvern. And I had no idea who either of the people were who were helping. Lightning wyvern actually went down seconds later, to my ptera, after the deathworm got his bites in on me for poking him. Then the other ptera and I started doing rolling attacks on the deathworm while the first fire wyvern was joined by a second, which finished the worm in short order. Landed next to deathworm hulk, turns out the rider on one of the fire wyverns was a friend of mine from another server, it was his fire wyvern that had become half the deserts chew toy. I gave the 115 egg to the guy on the other ptera, as it turns out he had gone over to find eggs, no idea if he ate it or kept it, as he seemed excited to get it. I told them it had been fun, it had put me in a good mood, and went off to kill mantis for their poly, needed to make more ghillie. It did not end there, as within two minutes, I found a deep desert drop on accident. I say accident, I know vaguely where they are, some of them, but this one had a MC mosa saddle with 87 armor, and an asc compound bow BP with 400 dur and 220 dam. Laughing, I mounted to fly away, and noticed a weird hump in the sand moving like a purlovia maybe thirty feet away. Second deathworm. I then discovered that they are relatively easy to kill with pteras, roll the underground hump to make them sprout, angle the roll up, stall, reverse Immelman down and hit the back of the neck. Strike glancing blows low on the trunk, mouth area can sometimes stop you from moving if you aim for the head. Killed him, then moved on. Killed five more and found four more deep desert drops in the next two hours. When all of the fun finally slowed down, I remembered that the original mission was to gather organic poly to replace the full MC set of ghillie I had lost yesterday to a lucky one shot blast from a poison wyvern. Seriously. What is up with that? Organic poly had degraded a lot. I only made two pieces. But the owner of the ghillie can't complain I guess. I gave him a MC pump shotgun from one of the desert drops.

I wish every day was that much fun.

• Like 1

I actually had a pretty good day. I've been wanting to start breeding Giga's and on my way to my metal farm I accidentally ran into a 140 beast! So, not much metal farming I ended up getting gear ready for an epic tame and built my Giga trap. I almost got my utility Argy killed trying to kite the darn thing to my trap but it ended well for a change lol. After a grueling kibble taming session I ended up with a perfect tamed Giga.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phantomman01 said:

I actually had a pretty good day. I've been wanting to start breeding Giga's and on my way to my metal farm I accidentally ran into a 140 beast! So, not much metal farming I ended up getting gear ready for an epic tame and built my Giga trap. I almost got my utility Argy killed trying to kite the darn thing to my trap but it ended well for a change lol. After a grueling kibble taming session I ended up with a perfect tamed Giga.

That is worth writing about :) Gratz. I love reading peoples daily stories, I never get bored of reading peoples achievements or what ideas they came up with, even if its a new starter saying how they survived their first day and are wrapped up in bed in their first thatch shelter for the night ;)

So looking forward to getting home now so I can go egg and beacon hunting... how bad is it, by 'borrowing' eggs from non-logged players in PvE?

Edited by Anarki

• Volunteer Moderator

ingots, ingots, ingots....killed my wife's lightning wyvern night before last---fall damage:(

other than that....um... last night saw 2 pairs of twin dimorphs, and a really cute baby buzzard, cooked off some argy eggs and some super nice ptera eggs for hatching this weekend (all of this by tribemate Gnomie). another tribemate (iggy), myself and my wife ran the swamp cave (yes she will still play with me lol). got back to farm more ingots and found a 45 female giga just below our forges on blue mountain. she was a real pain and took almost 40 minutes to get kited to the correct drowning location, but was ultimately successful. flying back home briefly we came across a 2.9 and 3.2 coel that iggy (inhouse fisherman) wanted to try to catch so i cleaned up all the "scrub" fish while he wet a line. had some success but not with the 2 big ones and at that point is was time to log.

have 2 wyverns ordered and possibly a third so its gonna be an ingot weekend, but we are def getting back in the water at some point--finally got a decent Basilo (Thanks for the kibble loan/guarding while taming LadyofHats Tribe:))

hope everyone has a happy and safe dino weekend!!

****to those in this thread that are having issues, please create a thread in the troubleshooting section for your particular platform, thanks!

Edited by ThzNutz
wordz

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, phantomman01 said:

I hope you're not on the weeks worth of couch time with her for that one, lol!

luckily she only had it about 2 weeks and wasnt super attached just yet..... was an awesome un-leveled 180 with above average melee when we got it (had 560 and was still leveling:(when it died) i got the "kinda" silent treatment for a bit, but we accepted long ago that "The Ark Giveth, and the Ark Taketh". replacements inbound this weekend, although not quite as nice.

nice grab on that giga--i saw one last night too, but it was missing the 1 in front of the 45....lmao

Edited by ThzNutz

tried to get to the redwood forest through the swamp. Got killed by a t-rex that came out of nowhere right outside the swamp. Loaded a back up savegame to get my 3 raptors back.

Tried another way to the swamp. Crashed. Took my raft somewhere else and tamed a beaver after to failed attempts. Put the beaver in my private pond at my beach base. Made a second floor and a roof terrace to my base. Wondered why my beaver did not make a dam. Crashed again. Read on the forum that tamed beavers don't build dams. Went to bed ;)

2 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

luckily she only had it about 2 weeks and wasnt super attached just yet..... was an awesome un-leveled 180 with above average melee when we got it (had 560 and was still leveling:(when it died) i got the "kinda" silent treatment for a bit, but we accepted long ago that "The Ark Giveth, and the Ark Taketh". replacements inbound this weekend, although not quite as nice.

nice grab on that giga--i saw one last night too, but it was missing the 1 in front of the 45....lmao

Sorry about the loss, glad you didn't get in that much trouble, lol! I haven't found a Wyvern that high yet, still looking though. Thanks, yeah I got lucky I haven't seen anything over 100 in a long time. I forgot to add that I ended up finding a 150 Sabre and got it perfect tamed too last night for caving, hell of a night for me! I hope you end up finding that 1 in front of the 45-50 next time!

Today was quite productive I would say!

- Tamed a Raptor, decent level. 

- Continued working on my nice looking greenhouse (bit overpowered I guess, since I have 3 lines of crop plots, been ignoring some stuff there).

- Killed several Brontos for meat, storage has never been this high on my server.

- Got a lot of Fiber, Thatch, Wood, Flint (especially flint!). I think I messed up my buddies landscape though, I destroyed some rocks near his coastline establishment... (>.<)

- Build a lot of Wooden walls to extend main base perimeter (Mammoths and Brontos will be joining soon). Also made thatch foundations to test landscape for optimum build space. Not sure what I will do with it, though it seems I will go with the Flyer Hanger way. Its nicely close to the cliff.

- Cut my hair and beard, I was looking really sloppy.

- Grabbed some eggs of the ground, nothing too spetacular, but hey kibble is always good.

- Killed some fish with the lance.

- Placed 2 Omni directional lamps (whatever they are called).

Cheers!

Filled the poop into beetles filled he fertilizer into plant x. Filled all the generators with gas. Check the bullets on perimeter turrets. Fill troughs with meat and berries. Made more bullets more turrets and continue breeding new line of pteras and gigas. Do caves into between meat runs. And pick up about 10k pearls a day myself. Then I try and sleep. 

What a weekend, my ARK game really progressed. 

Tamed a couple of Sabres - one would have been a 150 perfect tame but aggroed an argy who took a swipe at my sleeping kitty, came out at 187 after tame I think so will be decent enough for a while. 

I managed to get a low level Baryonx which happened to be passing my base on the coast which I hadnt seen before so I decided I needed my first amphibious dino. 

Then I found my first cave... 3 of us went in, found it fairly easy going and then 'slap' - I failed at the whole lazarus chowder by having it on my quick inv bar and was already underwater by the time I was trying to east it... died. My two companions managed to get down safely and retrieve our first artifact. I was incensed so went on a killing spree with my 264 Rex. 

Then yesterday, decided to have another go at the cave - nailed it first time even with a lvl 80 Megalosaur waking up in the day and going bersek by the entrance. 

That was the Jungles Mid cave on the Centre - Artifact of the immune. Is there a list which shows the difficulty of each cave so I can work out which to go for next?

Thanks