So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official PVE, Valguero) At night briefly logged on to imprint bats and then finish their imprint with Sanguine elixirs.

Now went on a fire egg run, stole EVERYTHING. Even level 15s.

Kept taking eggs for as long as my sino was able to hold them.

Near exit was met with an ice wyvern, killed it. After exiting there were two more, tough fight but I won and didn't have to ditch my wyvern this time.

Returned home... Suffered a disconnect above water. AGAIN.

Logged back on, drowned, of course. Got back my sino and wyvern, thought about maybe not even retrieving my deathbag, but remembered that then I'd have to make a new tek canteen, so retrieved it anyway.

Checked eggs... Cracked eggs. No Actual Black on any of them anywhere.

Bred carchars and bats. Nothing good on carchars, bats had no muts but otherwise good, planned to keep them all.

Fed gachas for a while, topped gens up, fed them some more... Then realized I'm getting tired. No way I'm waiting for another hour for the bats. So reset gestation on them all and that's all for today. And yes, I didn't raise wyverns today.

Wanted to feed dinos on (Official PVE, Fjordur), but crashed to desktop three times in a row and bluescreened when I tried to log onto Valg instead. So had to delay playing by, like, half an hour to do some googling and then some fixing (just a matter of using a few commands, more waiting for it to work than actively doing anything. Which is good because I lack the skill and knowledge required to actually do anything).

After that was done I reluctantly started up ARK and successfully logged on to (Official PVE, Valguero). Waited a bit, things looked fine, so I took my egg-run wyvern and went to steal some fire eggs again.

Arrived to the trench just fine, killed a few ices just outside and went to the fire portion of it. Killing, stealing, killing again, with some force-feeding in-between to heal my wyv up a bit, and soon my sino had 10 eggs in her inventory. With that I went out. Killed some wyverns that were on me, but ran out of stam and very nearly out of wyvern's health, too, so once again I ditched her and escaped with my sino.

I flew and flew and o miracle of miracles! I didn't get disconnected and arrived to my base perfectly alive and fine.

Checked eggs, kept two highest levels for stats, cracked the rest. There was a 79 among low-levels, but it was on 0, and I already have that.

Took Moldy Cheese, my ugliest lightning wyvern, and went back to the trench. Retrieved my (still alive) fire, put her on a cliff for safety, at a good distance from the trench, and went in to try and see if a lightning is any good for egg runs.

It's eh.

Sure, the damage is great. But it's difficult to aim at a flying target, so while I did manage to kill some wyverns without getting hurt much I would have achieved that faster by going in with a good fire, landing, and biting anything that gets close enough. Still stole two eggs, though.

Exited, whistled my fire, and returned home. Checked new eggs, no good.

Bred carchars, keeping one to see the color, will kill if it doesn't look good. No new melee muts.

Did a flint run, made arrows, fed gachas for a while, topped up gens.

Fed dinos.

And yes, no wyvern-raising again. Don't feel like it.

(Official PVE, Fjordur (FINALLY)) Took carcha and went for a little hunt, fed dinos. Owl got 4 levels since I've last visited it, split them between health, weight and melee.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Did a small hunt and fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Same.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and hatched new ones.

Hatched carcha and yea, stays. While stripes don't look good on HER main color, they'll definitely will be great on white, gray, or black. And I do have white and two kinds of gray, so yeah. Filled a maewing and troughs and put her in the raising corner.

Bred carchars, nothing good. Looked through my fridge and picked the best fire wyvern I could find (better than what I use on Valg, in fact - gotta compensate the fact that it'll be working with a different character than the one I raised it with, so no 30% bonus), uploaded it and one of my spare sinos.

Repodded weakest of the wyverns and logged off.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Retrieved wyvern and sino, went to the fire wyvern trench. That's what the wyvern is for - I remembered that Fjordur's trenches are single-type. Stole as many eggs as I could get, killed all the wyverns with ease.

Waited a for server save, uploaded eggs (and 300 dust, which accumulated during hunting the day I got a carcha there), went back, stole more (only two this time. lazy, lazy wyverns, not laying more eggs for me to take!). While waiting for the next server save looted a yellow beacon and there was a 201% rifle BP! Finally, a BP better than one I had since forever!

Uploaded it and the eggs, returned home. Did a bit of a crystal run and a metal run, left metal to smelt, restacked meat in the trough.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded eggs and checked them. Kept two - one for stats, and one (level 20) because it had 79 on two regions one of which, I hoped, was active.

Did a milk run, fed wyverns.

Took Avalanche, hunted.

Killed a lot of alphas and two gigas, 20 and 55. 55 was troublesome, knocked Avalanche to less than half health. Not her personal achievement, though - pretty sure without buff form nearby alpha rex she'd be getting bloodier and bloodier while Av's only bleeding would be from his maw. I killed her and her rex buddy anyway, though.

Then more alphas, then a bit of a hunt in the Abb cave.

Returned home, fed gachas for a while. Did another milk run, fed wyverns again. Strongest ones are staying out, weaker ones repodded. Hatched the eggs and yes! YES! That level 20? I gotta raise her very, very carefully. She's Actual Black on UNDERSCALE! The final piece I need to assemble a completely Actual Black fire wyvern! Podded both babies and that's all for today.

• Confused 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the wyverns (doing fine). Imprinted carcha and checked her troughs (no refill needed, will last a while). Bred carchars (nothing good).

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Hunted for fire eggs, got some, only two good levels, though. When I returned after uploading the first portion there was a 185 wyvern, I had great hopes for it! But it decided that taking a nice and deadly lava bath is better than creating any offspring for me to steal and enslave. Stole what was there (just one more egg, and not a good level), uploaded it. Decided to wander a bit, ended up where fjordhawks live. Tried to tame some. Nope. Not worth it. Too annoying. First they try to help me with things I'm killing for them, then they get upset and lose progress when one inevitably ends up dead due to taking a hit not meant for it. Also, finally did the rookie mistake of dismounting from a wyvern before it finished attacking. Died.

Respawned home, took owl, went back, had a hard time finding where I died because my wyvern was nicely hidden under the trees and my loot beacon was not there because fjordhawks are just prettier and less brave ichthies, I guess.

Fortunately one of the hawks I killed turned out to be the one that took my loot.

So, got my loot back, got my wyvern and sino, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded and checked eggs, Only one was worth keeping - decent stam. Cracked the rest.

• Haha 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Wyverns are now adult, bred lightning ones. The egg was a failure - entirely wrong colors. Like, completely opposite of what I wanted it to inherit. Cracked.

Imprinted carcha.

Fed dinos.

Took Avalanche, went for a hunt. Only found one alpha rex and three carnos - perhaps, the abundance of alphas during the event was a bit of accidental overspawn. Still, I got him another level. Rode home through Redwoods, got attacked by some thylas. They weren't able to dismount me. After killing them opened Avalanche's inventory and looked at his health, which was regenerating so quickly that still-lasting bleed form thylas didn't affect it at all.

Returned home, added more meat to the raising corner tek troughs, fed gachas for a while and that's all for today.

• Haha 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha. bred lightning wyverns and carchars. Lightning wyvern inherited some right colors and most right stats, low food, though - will be hard to raise. Stays until I breed a better one. As for carchars - new melee mut, previous inherited, 34 points melee HELL YEEEEEAAAAH! And it's male!

Added more meat to the raising corner troughs, fed dinos, fed gachas and topped gens up, made shards into whole element and that's another stack finished.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles), (Official PVE, Lost Island), (Official PVE, Fjordur) - fed dinos.

That's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha, checked troughs (no refill needed), took lightning wyvern (the black-backed one of the two most recently raised) and went hunting. Killed plenty of rexes and allos, saw no alpha dinos of any kind, but was able to lure into a trap and then kill a level 95 giga. Got the wyvern a nice amount of levels.

Returned home and that's all for today. Yep, just that.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha, checked troughs, hunted, filled them completely. Fed other dinos. Filled maewing, unpodded newest carcha. Gave bees more flowers.

Topped gens up form the vault. For now that's all, later will check on carchars and refresh sidebases.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Hunted, fed dinos, uploaded a bit of dust that has accumulated there from occasionally killing tek dinos.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) hunted, with a wyvern for a change. Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Hunted, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on carchars, restacked meat in the maewing.

Then after a few more hours logged on to (Official PVE, Valguero) again, podded younger carcha because I'm not sure I'll remember about him in time if I leave him out, and that's all for today (and yes, i forgot to download the dust. Doesn't matter, it's like 3 shards' worth).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Refilled maewing and unpodded younger carcha.

Topped up gens, fed gachas for a while. Took Avalanche and a gasmask, went to the Redwood, killed broodmother.

Went a bit farther into Redwood, found nothing of interest, on my way back saw that broodmother respawned and killed it again.

Returned home, broke my training dummy and built a new one in a different spot - old one was too close to carcha breeders, making it impossible to see what a NOT mate-boosted carcha can do.

Then took a few hours of rest from ARK.

Then logged back on, carcha was 5.4% grown. I added even more meat to the maewing, more to the troughs as well, and with that he should be good to survive on his own until juvi.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:33 PM, AllOfTheAllos said:

Avalanche got to 315% melee.

Ooooo! What damage does it do with max bloodrage? Just saying though, Carchas are the new kings of the ARK. Gigas have no chance against a good carcha with max bloodrage. Outdamaging that regen is nigh on impossible.

Edited by Griffin998
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Ooooo! What damage does it do with max bloodrage? Just saying though, Carchas are the new kings of the ARK. Gigas have no chance against a good carcha with max bloodrage. Outdamaging that regen is nigh on impossible.

I forgot how much he does now. But it's in the 2000. Well in the 2000, hits a tad harder than my main giga, Abaddon (who has 36 melee points at hatch and 69 manual points). Pretty impressive, considering that Avalanche was hatched with only 28 points melee and only has 61 or 62 manually added ones (I forgot if I got him another level since he hit 315%). I'll try to remember to check again later and write it down.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on carcha, restacked meat. Some hours later logged back on and did that again. Just now moved meat form the maewing to the trough, imprinted him, fed dinos, fed gachas for a while, bred lightning wyverns (egg is good, I'm keeping it), topped generators back up to 30 ele in each, added more meat to the raising corner's tek troughs, and that's all for now.

Checked, carcha, imprinted him, podded the older one (she's adult now). Hunted to build up Avalanche's rage, tested and compared him to Abaddon. Results: Abaddon hits for 2111 per bite (makes me wish for 111 more - not even for extra punch, it just would look even better), while Avalanche at full rage delivers impressive (and very neat!) 2424 damage per bite!

I also exported their stats again to check how many manual levels they have now, and Avalanche is currently at 64 manual points. Abaddon's still 69, that hasn't changed.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Almost 300 more damage? Woow. It's interesting how the bloodrage works. It's a percent based thing, so it scales exponentially. That's probably what makes it so powerful. I do wish the roar did something useful, like a regen buff. That would be sick, and it would still convert all your stacks of bloodrage into the affect, but it would still have a use in the meta.

• Confused 1

(Official PVE, Lost Island). Logged on planning to just feed dinos, but game was running weirdly well. I mean, I've seen ARK running strangely well before, but never on LI, at least not without turning off ground clutter completely, and never to that level. It's as if the game itself decided to be nice to me.

So I decided to do an egg run!

Took my blood wyvern, went to the trench. No nests as far as I was able to see with just a quick glance. Nope, nothing. And one level 50 lightning wyvern near the entrance (which is why I was only able to take a quick look rather than thoroughly check every nesting spot). Since the game continued running smoothly I fought the lightning, avoiding its attacks rather well and landing my own nicely, and won.

Checked for eggs properly now. One, level 50. Took it, ate it, flew away. Once I was at a safe distance I raised some graphics settings higher than I normally could without things turning into a slideshow (I'm not saying that I play with potato graphics normally. But I do play with, at most, medium general shadows, no distance field shadowing, and only a little bit of sky quality) and spent a bit of time flying around enjoying the view.

Returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos. Didn't wander around for fun, as there was no oddly-smooth FPS - too many huge bases around. But still, perhaps, a tad nicer than usual.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked troughs (no refill needed), imprinted carcha, topped gens up form the vault.

Hatched and podded for later new wyvern.

Took hoversail and went wandering. Nice to ride on something light and still fear no dino since nothing attacks it. Rode straight through a few direwolf packs and right by a resting elemental.

Returned home, put hoversail away. Bred lightning wyverns and new one's even better! All the good colors, all the good stats, and a mut (okay, don't know if the mut's good, I don't remember parent's stats. But still, that's an egg for keeping).

• Like 1

Took a looong break from Single Player and joined a cluster a month ago. Yesterday we did Alpha Rockwell with an alliance of 5 players. First time was a wipe. One player let his cactus broth run out for a few seconds and that was enough to start a cascade of mishaps. (You can refresh cactus broth even before the timer runs out.) After everyone else died, the arena calmed down a lot. I finally died because the timer ran out, otherwise I think I could've finished the fight. That fact gave everyone hope for a second attempt. We quickly gathered the tributes again (possible because a dino scan is available + a fixed spawn for an alpha basilisk), even though the alpha reaper got tricky.

The second time around went really well. Still, most of us got reaper aggro at one point or another, but what you have to do is run run run, don't get tribemates involved and don't fight back. I also brought a good charge lantern and stunned nameless when they swarmed somebody, but I don't know if that actually helped or just looked cool.

And after the ascension and after the intro to extinction, Helena's voiceover sequence crashed my game. Waiting if the ascension still counted was nerve wrecking but I was lucky and kept everything.

• Like 1

(Official PVE, Valguero, yesterday) Yep, yesterday. Forgot to write about it. Not much to write about anyway: all I did yesterday was imprint carcha and top up troughs for him.

Today, however, i actually played. Game's still behaving weirdly nice, by the way. So, I imprinted carcha, then took Avalanche, went on a hunt. At first there wasn't anything much, just some rexes and carnos. No alphas.

Then, on Weather Top, I saw a level 90 giga. Never killed a level 90 with a carcha, so at it I went. Received some visible damage despite full rage, but not much, and killed the giga successfully.

Went farther, to the wyvern trench. Stole the nearest egg to get wyverns' attention and killed them all.

The giga spawn nearby was empty, and there's nothing else interesting to kill, so I moved on to the next spot. There were two alpha carnos, one alpha raptor, a level 80 giga, and a level 145 carcha. First I took out the alphas - their buff could make giga really troublesome, I'd rather avoid that. After the raptor Avalanche gained a new level.

Then giga.

As for carcha - I carefully avoided it. It's 145, it looks kinda nice (green, but not "cheap plastic toy" green), might as well leave it for someone else to find.

Returned home, fed dinos, gave bees more flowers, added more ele to the gens (form the vault. Don't feel like feeding the gachas), and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) imprinted carcha, checked his troughs (no refill needed).

Took Avalanche and went hunting. Found only a few alpha dinos, most of them carnos, all of them low-level.

Stumbled upon a level 140 giga, decided to try Avalanche's strength against it. Won.

Then killed a level 55 carcha and a second, level 50, giga.

Returned home, fed some of the dinos, fed gachas for a while (most ele went into generators), and bred blood wyverns (no new muts, all eggs went to my titanoboa). That's all for today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i found a max lv reaper queen on unofficial so i used my damaged cap shotgun with my riding my rockdrake shooting at it weakened it engoth for a child it missed the first time the 2nd did not it was green white and cyan? yes a weird reaper it is but  at least i got a whooping 95 points in melee max lv was 350 so its a beast 

edit: it was event colored so that probably why it is those colors

Edited by prosans
i edit
  • Like 1

We did custom bosses and everything went wrong. Our cluster provides a couple of custom bosses in exchange for in-game currency, one of which is based on the Savage Acro. (I won't give details of the fight too much though) You are confined to an arena. We ran the fight several times, and while it was really close at times, always made it through. However, the boss minions can spawn beyond the arena border. Also the modded dino I was riding glitched out and my survivor was unable to move after that. So I suicided and tried to run back to the group. But one of the minions got me.

Alright, so far so unremarkable but then I got the message that my Fjordhawk was killed by the minion. I'd totally forgotten about the bird. So my player inventory had just turned into a creature inventory as the hawk was trying to deliver it, and the decay timer became a real pressing concern. It had all my best gear and a buttload of irreplacable loot from the boss. My two tribemates immediately had my back, ported out of the arena just to help my naked self look. One suggested I craft an S+ Omni Tool to transfer the items manually from the hawk, that was decaying somewhere in the tall grass. But the timer for the next boss battle was already counting down so they had to get back soon. They found my hawk and I was so relieved! With seconds to spare we all went back into the arena.

And then the real f*ckup happened. The Omni Tool was still equipped since that was all my character really had now, my inventory being on their tames. So my dino couldn't attack since clicking only opened up the tool's menu screen. Also you cannot idle near the Savage Acro in case it starts its "Dangerous Attack" that will oneshot you. But it wasn't a question of one more death, it was a question of losing a one-of-a-kind modded creature that had been incredibly expensive for my tribemate to craft, and she only lent it to me for the fight. So what I had to do was get out of that tool menu screen. Then I only saw the Escape screen open and just like that I was back to the main menu.

The valuable dino and my tribemates were now alone with the Acro and also had to save my mount. While I was fumbling to get back on the event server, which also had a time-limited access so that groups would not steal each others's slots, I heared they were struggling heavily and lost a fully leveled and mutated Carchar. Finally I got my sh*t together and loaded in to the server, that means, began loading the 29 mods. Tribemate informed me that the access timer was at 3 minutes and after that my survivor would be stuck. But they finished the fight, and I actually made it back online last minute. Since I technically didn't die but log out, I had offline protection and my rudimentary inventory with me. The guys and gals brought all the other stuff home safely. I have amazing tribemates, this was a hell of a bonding experience for sure.

Meanwhile, on a different server of the cluster, another tribemate got dragged under the mesh by a tuso and lost all their stuff and lot of fresh breeding pairs of creatures for real...

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Good thing I remembered to check on it today! Carcha and owl were really hungry. So I took the carcha and hunted for a while. Refilled the trough. Killed a few alphas during my hunt, got pretty decent hide pants and hat.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Hunted, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Went for a new wyvern egg. There was a 185 lightning one!

Took it, escaped, hunted, uploaded egg, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded the egg. Checked it. 45 points... IN OXYGEN! Well, that's not a wyvern for me. That's a snack for Noodle the titanoboa.

Imprinted carcha, he's nearly adult. Soon he'll replace his father as the breeder.