So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

In the morning, (Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the carcha and imprinted him. Decided I'm tired of all the wild procoptodons hopping around my base, so extended the leash holding my arthros to a maximum range. now they won't miss anything that spawns there.

Just now, still Valg, of course: Imprinted carcha again (he wanted cooked prime fish, I didn't feel like rerolling, so I fished with a net).

Unpodded wyverns, went to get milk. Milked two, just in case.

On my way back spotted a 180 female tek rex.

Fed wyverns, went back for the rex, tranqed... Thing is, I didn't remember the rex's colors and since tek rexes are so rare I didn't check, thinking there's no way there's two on nearly the same spot. So turns out I tranqed a 120 male one.

Found the 180, tranqed her, too. Tamed both. Neither has stats better than what I already have (except stam. The 180 had some decent stam. But it's not particularly important), so not fit for stat breeding. Might keep the 180 for colors, she's nice: dark gray and blue with white lights. Podded them both.

Bred gigas and my actual, breeder tek rexes, nothing good. Bred blood wyverns, same.

Fed gachas for a while, some element went into generators, rest into vault. One gacha ran out of pellets entirely.

Fed wyverns again and repodded them, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Swamp Fever is a pain to cure when you conveniently can't get all the ingredients. On one server, had the Whooly Rhino horns, Rare Flowers, and the Narcotics but couldn't find any Rare Mushrooms for several Ark-Days. Then we uploaded to another server and now we have everything but the Whooly Rhino Horns. Maybe Leech Blood is eaier on this map, we're tired of having all our stats decreased. I can't even win a melee fight with a Dilo. And even if we cure it, we'll need to stockpile more antidotes for he inevitable of getting it back...

(Official PVE, Lost island) Hunted a bit and fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Crystal isles) Also hunted. And fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha. Bred carcha pair and the gigas. Nothing good (carcha was ALMOST right color-wise, but only almost and stats were wrong, and gigas had one new mut, but it was on health).

Fed gachas for a while, most went into generators. All out of pellets now.

That's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha.

Repaired SCUBAs, went loot hunting in the Abyss. Nothing good. Plenty of crates, but just no good luck with their contents.

Fed dinos.

Unpodded wyverns, fed gachas for a pretty long while, but without pellets, since it was mostly to give my middle gacha some time to accumulate pellets for the other two (the middle gacha's only purposes: keeping other two happy and serving as a pellet gatherer/storage).

Bred blood wyverns, nothing good.

Imprinted wyverns and repodded them and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha, bred carcha pair (nnnope, still wrong), unpodded wyverns, did a milk run, fed gachas for a while, did a wood run, logged off thinking I'm done for today, about an hour later realized I forgot to repod the wyverns, logged back on, podded them, and now THAT'S all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Carcha's adult now. Podded my previous breeder male and put the newly-grown one in his place (maybe I should sort my podded dinos again at some point, kill off what I'm definitely not gonna use and not attached to, free some space up... Or maybe just install couple more fridges).

Bred carchars, and the pair I'm trying for colors with, too. No success with any - color pair yielded yet another wrong color, and no second melee mut on the serious ones.

Fed dinos.

Spent some time feeding the gachas. Gave bees more flowers (I REALLY should make more repellant).

And that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns.

Bred carchars (no luck).

Podded some dinos I don't use (for example, how long has it been since I actually bred my breeder tropeos? That's right, I don't remember, into the fridge they go!).

Did a milk run, fed wyverns.

Took Blizzard (current main carcha), went hunting. Killed two alpha raptors, one alpha carno, two carchars, a giga, an alpha rex, and a bunch of ice wyverns. Got her to 300% melee!

Returned home. Podded wyverns. Topped generators up from the vault, don't feel like feeding the gachas today.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:38 AM, Melcreif said:

Let me see. I used my Therizino followed by my beaver to go out and farm wood, cutting down wood with the Therizino and transferring it to the beaver. Repeat until beaver is almost encumbered.  Then I cooked the wood in the industrial grill to make charcoal, turned all that charcoal into gunpowder for bullets. Yep that's pretty much all I did last night other than install the 2GB update.

Wait you can put wood in the grill I always harvested it with my wyvern 

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns, did a milk run, fed wyverns.

Bred carchars, gigas and rexes (no luck).

Sorted one of my fridges, killed unneeded stuff.

Fed gachas for a while, topped up generators, and had a bit of ele left for the vault.

Made some repellant.

Repodded wyverns.

(Official PVE, Fjordur), (Official PVE, Lost Island), (Official PVE, Crystal Isles) - fed dinos.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and took Blizzard on a nice long murderwander. From Beaver Lake, to and through the snow (ate some ice wyverns there. Delicious!), then tundra, redwoods, and finally back to Chalk Hills. Killed lots, got her to level 199 and made some progress towards 200. Encountered no alpha dinos, though. That's a pity. Not even a raptor.

Bred her to Toxic Rage again, and cracked the egg again. Wrong colors and melee.

Repodded wyverns and that's all for today.

Carchas are amazing. Take a carchar and a giga. Both have max melee mutations, max health, and max stam. Both have primitive saddles. Zero bloodrage, and the carchar gets wrecked. Max bloodrage however, and the giga corpse goes flying. The Carchar also has 1,100+ stam while the giga has 400 or so stam. In terms of health, I think they're both similar, but the carchar heals so fast, it pretty much negates damage that's not absolutely obscene. After completing an osd, for example (taking this info from Syntac's vids for reference) the imprint+5 melee mutation carchars were barely hurt. Carchars are the new kings of the ARK!

On 1/26/2023 at 7:06 AM, Griffin998 said:

The Carchar also has 1,100+ stam while the giga has 400

What are you talking about? Carchars have more stam, sure, but not THAT much more. I mean, mine, with 40 points, have 595.2 stam. Unless you're talking specifically about your carcha that happens to be so stam-mutated that there's no room left for points in anything else.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Okay, so today in ARK didn't start out so well for me. Steam decided that "hey! Who needs favorites/my survivors lists, am I right? Start anew!". And it decided it so hard that the advice I found about looking though the server history on steam itself was useless as that was empty too. And I didn't have server numbers written down, and only remembered by heart the Valg one.

So instead of playing I had to hunt down the servers I have sidebases on. Battlemetrics, luckily, actually had my session on the LI one from a few days ago. Not others though. It's weird like that. And turns out I had the CI one on an old screenshot. I wrote them down in a notebook and added them back to my favorites in ARK's server list.

As for Fjordur one... I gave up, created a new char on a random Fjordur server.

So, (Official PVE, Fjordur): after creating a new character I was harshly reminded that first days are hard and first days on Fjordur even more so. My first three or four deaths were due to cold. Life's hard when you don't have 50 fortitude. I built a 1 foundation thatch cube with a mortar&pestle, made a bit of narcotic. No bed because I didn't have enough hide. Got killed by a terror bird. Tried taming some paras, but they all were high level, easier to kill than knock out when all I have is a slingshot and a club. Settled on a level 15 pachy instead, almost had him tamed, then saw a level 15 para. Finally, something that can be knocked out before it dies! Killed pachy for hide, tamed para instead, rode her, got attacked by a rex form one side and a terror bird from the other, and decided that that's enough for now. It's not like establishing a new Fjordur sidebase is urgent - after all, I'm not raising any drakes at the moment and there isn't exactly anything else on Fjordur that I need. So that was all for morning.

And just now, on (Official PVE, Valguero): due to my internet connection deciding to be unstable, any adventuring or wyvern-raising was out of question. So was gacha feeding, don't want to lose any dust-containing crystals just because reconnecting takes too long. So I topped gens back up to 30 in each from vault instead. but I still did things!

Namely, I fed dinos, gave bees more flowers, and bred carchars and gigas. And there's good news about carchars! Blizzard and Toxic Rage finally gave me an egg right enough to keep: male, all the right colors. Melee's wrong but I can just breed him back to Blizzard after he's grown. Won't take long to get one that's juuust right.

And one egg form my actual breeder carchars stays as well: also male, mut melee inherited and a new mut on top! That's right, my carchars are brought to 32 melee points! It may not sound like much, but it's the best I have.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

What are you talking about? Carchars have more stam, sure, but not THAT much more. I mean, mine, with 40 points, have 595.2 stam. Unless you're talking specifically about your carcha that happens to be so stam-mutated that there's no room left for points in anything else.

Huh/ I might just remember wrong then, since it's been a hot second since I watched that video. Lemme try and grab a screenie of the stats.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Hunted for meat, filled a maewing, realized it's still 5 hours until carchars hatch, put the meat into a tek trough instead.

Unpodded wyverns.

Bred blood wyverns, one egg stays (male, previous mut stats inherited, new mut on weight).

Hunted with Blizzard. Killed Broodmother in Redwoods, emerged from the lair on a carcha just as healthy as she was going in. That regen is really something. Then went to the trench, killed wyverns there. Even some fire ones (and they couldn't do anything to Blizzard either). Returned home. Did a milk run, fed the wyverns.

Spent some time feeding gachas, topped gens up and had 11 more pieces left for the vault. Repodded wyverns.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Also fed dinos.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Finally hatched the eggs! And yes, that blue-stiped carcha is lookin' GOOOD. The new blood wyvern isn't too bad either - but definitely needs a different belly color.

Put the carchas with meat-filled maewing, unpodded wyverns.

Hunted with Blizzard for a while, got her to level 201. Didn't encounter anything interesting except for a 140 female unicorn (left it alive and alone).

Returned home, fed gachas for a while.

Did a milk run, fed wyverns. Fed gachas a bit more, podded wyverns and carchars and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded carchars and wyverns again.

Fed arthros, apparently they haven't killed anything recently - all empty.

Took my current strongest (and, unfortunately, ugliest) lightning wyvern Moldy Cheese and went on a hunt. Killed some ice wyverns, some mammoths, a level 60 giga and a level 85 alpha rex.

Returned home, wyverns were still good on food so no milk run today.

Fed gachas for a while, topped gens back up. Repodded wyverns and carchars and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded carchars and wyverns.

Wandered with Voldemort (my favorite poison wyvern) for a bit. Killed some stuff.

Did a flint run and a fiber run, made some arrows, fed gachas.

Did a nice wood run with Irradiated Carrot (roll rat).

Fed dung beetles, topped up tek crop plots - they were finally running low on fertilizer.

Repodded babies and that's all for today. Tomorrow will check on the sidebases and feed the wyverns.