So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Did the Sulfur Caverns on Svartalfheim. I brought the best gear from Raptor Claus and a bit of cooked stuff, as well as 4 dimorphs since I didn't know if they would even fit through the crouch passage at the entrance. There aren't any videos on that cave yet, but I heard it had wyverns. What I didn't expect was that these have cave levels. I repeat, you're forced to do this on foot. Of course we got totally wiped. RIP my favourite aberrant otter. I grabbed all the dimorphs I still had in the fridge, coming out to 18, as well as more rocket launchers for the rubble golem that cut off our retreat, and tried to do a more controlled step-by-step approach. That worked well for a while, except that my armour got broken right out of the gates. I tried to have both cactus broth and bug repellant on just in case. It all went to hell when one especially mean wyvern grilled half my flock and I had to respawn inside the cave. After a while however, all the enemies in the immediate area were dead and I could get the two artifacts. More chaos ensued on the way out when a cave rex decided to spawn right in the exit tunnel, and then I got killed twice by the same lv 1020 bat. I crawled out of the cave with 3 bloody dimorphs and naked. Built a little monument for my otter and went home. Nekatus lol'd at me on the Discord. All in all, excitement and fun were had, but I don't need to do this again, ever.

Edited by riceandvegetable

(Official PVE, Valguero) Bred wyverns (lightnings and bloods), one blood and one lightning staying (lightning got right colors, well, some of them, blood got a mut and I want to see if it looks any good). Bred carchars, rexes and gigas, nothing good.

Hatched last time's poison egg, yep, it stays. Looks as good as it can considering parents.

Topped up gens, back to 30 in each. From vault, still not in the mood to feed gachas.

Hunted for a bit and grabbed two RC presents (nothing good in them).

And that's all for today.

i loggon abb and i found my reaper king dead so i ask the admin what happened and he said it was lagging his town from across the map and i was vary sad i built the grave for him and left the server i was upset since it was my very first reaper king that i earned i keep killing the reaper queen and dieing to radiation cuz of my hazer was primitive and it was a pain lv 450 dead lv 500 dead lv 200 finally got it low and not killed it

rip first reaper king died to abusive admin

Edited by prosans
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, prosans said:

rip first reaper king died to abusive admin

A single reaper lagged out his game, and he rage killed it instead of cryopodding it? Yes, doesn't sound like a server one wants to be on. I'm very sorry. I lost my unofficial server to admin bullsh**tery last fall and still miss it despite everything.

- - -

Aberration with friends. We wanted to get our rock drakes flight ready before Winter Wonderland ended. That meant a rushed jump back into the red zones to get gems. After that, I took the one terrible drake I had to look for more eggs, but there wasn't a single one. Our dino level cap is just 30, so the drakes run out of stamina constantly. You can level them to 1.1k in a reasonable time, but that's without a single level in health. The guys are getting a wholly wrong idea of what kind of tame drakes are. Then we looked at the SW surface area and had a few successful runs, however Raptor Claus didn't drop any good BPs for us. A couple of times our drakes stamina ran out shortly before the exit, in which case I just had to take the damage and then walk slowly up a wall. There wasn't always a wall available. Like for example, just when the sun came up, I couldn't see the exit anymore and finally had at least four reapers on me. I just chucked out tames that I thought could fight, then my drake and my bulbdog died and so did I. I don't know if the room was just very cold but I was legit shaking like a chihuahua when I got to the respawn screen. But no further death messages followed, despite the sun rising. Tribemates tried to help as soon as it got dark again and they'd finished cleaning up their own messes (courtesy of pouncy raptors). However, almost everything I had out there died, including my best spino. Only my favourite megalosaurus made it. And even that was something we could only pull off because we had the death recovery mod that gives you back anything that was in your inventory. We fed all the Xmas coal and mistletoes to Gacha Clauses but still didn't get anything that actually helped us. Base looks real festive now, though. I love that map, not a boring minute.

Edited by riceandvegetable

Since yesterday I did pretty much nothing, yesterday and today will be in the same post. So:

Yesterday, (Official PVE, Valguero): hatched wyverns, podded lightning, left blood out (and yes, it does look good).

Today, in the morning, (Official PVE, Crystal Isles): got crystals, uploaded them. Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed wyvern, imprinted it.

Just now: (Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Got three more crystals, uploaded them.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed wyvern, imprinted it again. Bred lightning wyverns and the carcha pair. One wyvern stays and the carcha finally stays! Albino on back, blue spikes, blue webbing, BigFoot4 on underbelly, female, 28 melee inherited. I'll raise her and breed her back to her father until I get one with that melee and all the same colors except with stripes also blue, and that'll be my final-until-I-mutate-something-better carcha.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On 1/2/2023 at 11:59 PM, L4D2 said:

trying to get a high level carcha to spawn on center , all i got so far is 5 gigas and a low level carcha, all having fun together at the beach

fail.jpg

6 giga/carcha , did you get them from one spawn place or several ? How long is giga/carcha spawn interval ?

====

Tamed max level Tek Rex and a bit lower from max, both beat my normal Rexes stats I bred for two weeks. 😩

Edited by DonaldDuck

3 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

6 giga/carcha , did you get them from one spawn place or several ? How long is giga/carcha spawn interval ?

i get them from the same spot (snow north) respawn is very fast , by the time you lure them to the sea, an other one respawn, then after sometimes they stop spawning , i don't know if there is a limit or if one spawn under the mesh preventing anymore respawn,

i haven't been lucky lately, out of 20-25 giga/carcha that a manage to spawn , not a single carcha worth taming, the highest was  lv100

they do spawn on lava island too, but i don't recommend taming them there , there is not enough dino around to get 100 kills within 10 minutes, i tamed one there and i lost a lot of effectiveness (pve official)

going to keep looking until i find one with 40 melee (got 2 already with 41 points but in useless oxygen and speed)

• Thanks 1

Again, yesterday and today are rolled into one post. So:

yesterday, (Official PVE, Valguero) Hatched new carcha and put it with the maewing. And unpodded an old light blue giga for raising too, because if I don't remember about it no it'll just sit in my fridge forever. Unpodded wyverns as well.

Tried to do a milk run, suffered a disconnect (my Wi-Fi's fault, not the server's fault), it took a lot of tries to log back on for long enough to get my sino and milkrun wyvern back, so I deemed things too unstable to actually play, repodded wyverns, and that was all.

Today, morning: (Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha and giga.

Today, just now: imprinted them again, added more meat to the troughs. Topped up generators back to 30 in each.

Did a milk run, THEN unpodded wyverns and fed them.

Bred gigas and carchars, nothing good.

Hunted with my current main carcha. Even killed a wild giga (level 20)! Pretty sure bleed worked. But it didn't save the giga anyway. Maybe I don't need to look for high level carchars anymore and can just use and mutate from 28 melee that I already have.

Fed dinos, turned out I neglected the big carnivore trough for long enough that carchars were down to half food. Well, good I noticed it at half, not at zero!

Fed gachas a bit (8 stacks of arrows for each), put element into the vault.

Added more flowers to the beehives (and I should make more repellant some time soon. Running low).

Repodded wyverns.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Logged on to find a wild argent in my base. Very considerate of it to be there right when I needed some meat for my dinos!

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

With event finally over I was able to properly play, as it no longer lags like hell. So!

(Official PVE, Valguero) Did a milk run right away. Then unpodded wyverns, fed them. Imprinted carcha and giga, normal way and then with an elixir.

Bred carchars, gigas, blood wyverns, tropeos. One carcha stays: male, melee mut (that brings my carchars to 30 melee).

Hunted with my current main carcha, topped up tek troughs.

Fed gachas for a while, most ele went into generators.

My wyverns ended up getting pretty hungry while I was at it, so I did another milk run and spotted a 145 male carcha at Glacial Throughway.

Fed wyverns. Took shotgun, ammo, some baby rexes, an elixir, and went to get that carch.

Fed him one baby, got him to 22%. Waited for him to lose remaining bit of friendliness.

Ended up getting killed by him because as I was picking a nice safe spot to wait my PC decided to waste resources on something not ARK, so I got a bit of lag, and next thing I knew I was on the ground with carcha chomping me.

Respawned (and it took forever, because I did it back at my base. I never EVER remember to pack soem sleeping bags when going to do something risky. That's just the stupid way I am). Took a spare sino and a tropeo, went back, retrieved my stuff and would you believe that? My proper sino was alive! So I threw away the spare and took my real one.

Killed another rex, tried to feed it to the carcha, a rhino spawned nearby, carcha ate that, I had to escape, he rage-ate the rex so no friendship.

Waited for the carcha to calm down, unpodded a rex... Oops, too close to the edge, it fell and was eaten alive.

Unpodded another, killed, fed to the carcha, rode carcha killing stuff, got him another 20 or so %.

Let him lose what was left of the friendship.

Befriended again, got to 66%.

Befriended again, 70%, and then elixir (could probably get him full tamed without it, but I tend to fall to my death when I do that, as the naming prompt means I can't use my sino in time).

He tamed with 150% melee. That's 26 points. Worse than my best. And 39 points wasted on speed.

At least colors are okay. Don't think I'll be taming any more carchars. At this point I'm pretty convinced that I won't get out of the wild anything better than what I already have.

Podded carcha, returned home with it, my wyvern, and my tropeo.

Repodded baby wyverns, killed an alpha rex nearby, and that's all for today.

16 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

hi Allo, I need your help in understanding one thing, given that I play Legacy PVE: like you, I also keep a fridge with all the "wrong" babies that I use to level Wyvern, and baby Rex to make friends with Carcharo. In this event just passed I produced millions of Baby and all the "wrong" ones I kept because I read from you that I could use them to level other animals other than Wyrm, Wyrm also kills allies in PVE and therefore I have always used them for them but for other dinos I can't kill babi even "unclaimed", some time ago I had already done some tests but without success but I keep trying every now and then just because I read that you do it and you're on PVE. yesterday I discovered that Shadowmane is able to hit them (the power bar charges and therefore hits them) but does not damage the life of the little one, here is my frustration made me a little nervous and that's why I ask you if you can explain how do. thank you in advance and sorry for the bad english (google translate)

1 hour ago, CervantesMor said:

hi Allo, I need your help in understanding one thing, given that I play Legacy PVE: like you, I also keep a fridge with all the "wrong" babies that I use to level Wyvern, and baby Rex to make friends with Carcharo. In this event just passed I produced millions of Baby and all the "wrong" ones I kept because I read from you that I could use them to level other animals other than Wyrm, Wyrm also kills allies in PVE and therefore I have always used them for them but for other dinos I can't kill babi even "unclaimed", some time ago I had already done some tests but without success but I keep trying every now and then just because I read that you do it and you're on PVE. yesterday I discovered that Shadowmane is able to hit them (the power bar charges and therefore hits them) but does not damage the life of the little one, here is my frustration made me a little nervous and that's why I ask you if you can explain how do. thank you in advance and sorry for the bad english (google translate)

You can't use them for shadowmanes. The only non-wyvern things that can be leveled that way and that I leveled that way are magmasaurs and basilisks - which also can do friendly fire, and shoulder pets, which get a share of EXP their carrier gets so I just killed things myself and the pet benefitted from that.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Again, I started with a milk run, before even unpodding the wyverns.

Found a nice level 60, trapped, tranqed, milked, killed. Checked giga spawns on my way both there and back, no plans, just out of habit.

Unpodded and fed wyverns. Imprinted giga and carcha (carcha's name is Blizzard now). Pretty sure I won't get full imprint on them due to skipping an entire day back when the event still lasted, but whatever. They'll be pretty strong in any case, I don't think I'm even planning to use the giga, and carcha's only going to be used until I get one that's same but with blue spots.

Fed dinos, bred tek rexes (nothing good).

Killed previous carcha since Blizzard's nearly adult now and will soon take over as both the color breeder and (temporary)main carcha.

Fed gachas for a while, a bit went into generators, and 13 whole pieces into the vault.

Podded wyverns and that's all for today.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:24 AM, DonaldDuck said:

did some carcha hunting again, center map, snow biome north, the best spot imho, as soon as you kill a giga/carcha, another one respawn immediately, but i had to find a better way to figure out their melee stat , because after taming over 20 of them i still can't break that 40 point ceiling, and since you cannot see dino's stat on official pve (except hp and torpor with magnifying glass),

i decided to use my mana as a gauge, i spotted a 140 carcha and noticed it was doing 100pts damage to my mana (saddle and rider bonus dependent) so i decided to knock it out to see what melee it had, since once asleep you can open their inventory and see all the stats.

carcha had 175% melee, so i know that 175% melee is 100 damage on my mana , with simple math i can approximately find what melee a wild carcha has just by looking at the damage it does to my mana (make sure the carcha is not in bloodrage mode or the math will be wrong)

this morning i found a 150 carcha, doing 140 damage on my mana , so i guess it had around 245% melee,  after taming it should be around 215 (39 pts) 245 -80 (taming nerf)+50 (10 pts average bonus for a lv 150)

and after taming it that is exactly what i got 215% melee, 39 pts, my best so far, but since i already mutagened one that had 38 pts (43 after mutagen) i am not going to waste 99 mutagen on the latest just to get one more level in melee

so now i have to find a carcha doing 150 damage to my mana to increase my chance of getting a good melee carcha and hopefully get more than the average 10 bonus points for taming,

let me dream a little bit here 260% - 80 + 75 (15 bonus points) = 255% (47 pts) + 5 mutagen =52 , dream on

at the moment my best stat are  hp 44 (mutagen) stam 36 weigh 39 melee 43 (mutagen)

but for now i will take a break till we get 2x  or 3x rates again, because taming at 1x is a pain on official, had to use 4 baby rex and elixir to tame that 150, while you can tame one with just one baby rex and elixir at 3x and get 100% effectiveness

Edited by L4D2
  • Like 1

In the morning, (Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha and giga. Bred sinos, realized one of my females was a low-stam. Not sure how I missed that. Killed her, one of the good stam female eggs will replace her once hatched and grown.

Just now, (Official PVE, Lost Island) Went to try for some wyvern eggs. Saw a 165, but poison, so left it alone for the time being.

Went looking for lightning. nope, nope, nope. Couldn't check everywhere - some spots were too close to wild wyverns. Found one... But level 25. Nah.

Grabbed that 165 poison, flew away as fast as my tropical could carry me.

While looking for a beacon to upload it at found a decayed base. Looted it, but only a little bit (can't exactly take all that metal with just a low-weight tropical).

Uploaded the egg.

Returned, checked for eggs again, found a 50 lightning one. Took that, escaped form wyverns, uploaded egg and loot, hunted, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Hunted, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Carcha and giga are now adult! Saddled carcha, podded giga.

Hatched sino and mut carcha. Podded carcha for later, put sino with the maewing.

Bred carchars, nope, wrong back color and melee.

Downloaded eggs and loot. The poison is decent, the lightning might stay if it looks good (can't be sure based just on color squares. Need an actual look).

That's all for today.

Mainly struggled to find Rare Mushrooms, I usually get a few from crystal deposits but either it's different on the server I'm on, or RNG hates me today. Babysitting a Carno was also interesting, and finding out my Tek Parasaurs got a taste for blood and attempted (and failed) to kill a Brontosaurus. Ark continues to amaze me. 

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns. hatched the eggs, too - lightning doesn't look good, went into the leveling fodder fridge. Poison's okay, gonna raise it.

Filled a maewing and unpodded the carcha.

Went hunting with Blizzard, even killed everything in the ice part of the wyvern trench. Got her plenty of EXP.

Returned home, took milk runner ice wyvern, went to get milk. Got it, went back... Just in time! My hunt took long enough that the weakest lightning wyvern was at just 4 food! Fed wyverns.

Took down the rex breeding stand, since it doesn't really serve much of a purpose as retrieving rex eggs is just as easy with them on the ground. Not sure why did I ever build that thing and kept it for so long.

Bred gigas, nothing good.

Fed gachas for a while, most ele went into generators.

Podded wyverns. Might check on carcha in a few hours, but in terms of more or less serious playing that's all for today.

In the morning, (Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha, restacked meat in the maewing, gathered more meat for the tek troughs.

Just now, (Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha again. Moved now-grown sino to the coop.

Unpodded wyverns.

Bred carcha pair (wrong again, both stats and colors).

Did a milk run, fed the wyverns.

Repaired my mining drill, did a crystal run.

Then a bit of an obsidian run.

Made some polymer and also made most of my shards into whole element.

Repodded wyverns and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos