So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official PVE, Valguero) Forgot to unpod tropeo, so no jet-bird raising happened today.

Went looking for carchars. Found none at first. There was a giga on Weather Top spawn, 135, but I decided to not be nice today, so instead of leaving it alone I used my new knowledge of sino-hovering being a damn good way to lead a wild giga wherever you want and perfectly executed a giga execution via drowning. Looted the heart, of course. Wouldn't do to leave a perfectly good trophy to the sharks.

Found a carcha after all, full event colors (not that I care much), level 45, female. Tamed, for the lack of better options. She ended up with 12 points melee, 12 points stam. On one hand, melee as one of the two highest stats! Cool! On other hand, melee still sucks. Stays because female and maybe I could find an use for some of her colors. Named her Envy, because the colors are certainly something that'd make more vivid color-appreciating players envious. While I was taming her my wyvern got killed by an elemental, so I had to return home on sino.

Returned home. Hatched last time's eggs, put carcha with the maewing. Put more meat into maewing and troughs. Topped gens back up to 30 in each. From vault, didn't feel like feeding gachas today.

Unpodded a new blood wyvern for carcha-running.

Bred carchars and blood wyverns, one carchar stays (clean 20 melee female), one wyvern stays (male, best stats, will be another disposable carcha-runner)

Looked for carchars some more, nothing. Returned home again, noticed I was half-way to next level. Apparently, beta Manticore I did as a part of Valg's boss fight a long time ago counted for ascension. Wonder if intentional or will get fixed (since, you know. Done on a free map. maybe not supposed to count. Because free map). If extra levels are staying, then I guess once I'm proper level for that I'll make one last trip to LI to pick up TEK bow and Phase pistol engrams - bow for the sake of it, pistol because I actually have a few, looted from a decayed base, but can't use them due to not having the engram.

And that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded the tropeo.

Went looking for carchars, spent a fair bit of time on that. Only found a level 15. Tamed (easier than killing), podded, left in one of the community center refrigerators (not fridge because though fridge is present there, it is not unlocked). It probably won't make whoever finds it happy, seeing as it got no melee points at all, but leaving it there was the first idea I had and I tend to go with the first idea.

Returned home, did a wood run with rollrat, stone and flint runs with elem and mantis, made a ton of gunpowder.

Got one Raptor Claus present, nothing good in it aside from a bit of dust.

Checked for carchars two more times, nothing.

Hatched eggs form last time and podded for later.

Bred gigas, carchars, wyverns, rexes and tropeos. Rex is carcha bait as usual (they're very stubborn about not inheriting the right stats), one wyvern egg stays (clean female, good stats, will be a breeder), one tropeo egg stays too (also clean good stat female).

Wandered around killing everything with my carcha Furious, returned home, imprinted tropeo, hatched wyverns and rex, podded them. Wyvern egg was triplets, by the way.

That's all for today. Unless I decide to refresh sidebases in the evening. But on main? Certainly all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Decided to try for magmas today. There was one egg in first cave (level 50, no magmas in the cave) and two in the second (20 and 95, magmas present). Settled for the 50. I like safety.

Uploaded the egg, on my way to nearest beacon found a  decayed base. Nothing good in it, but still looted and uploaded some stuff. Started my way home, but went by wyvern trench, saw that it has the MEGA TRAP (you know. Like milking trap, but you can fit a whole trench in there. For safe escapes) near the exit and decided, why not? So in I went, got one wyvern's attention with my pistol, trapped, killed, another, another, then stole an egg (55, lightning. Good. Lightning ones still don't look nearly as cool as fire or ice, but at least they're not poison). Wyverns deeper in the trench aggroed, trapped them, shot a few, got away, uploaded egg, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded the stuff, put eggs into incubator. Gonna raise the magma, not great and only 2 melee, but might do something with colors. Maybe. Wyvern only stays until I get something better: colors are really stupid. Unpodded drakes and blood wyverns for a bit of raising. Made some grenades for the new tropeo.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Took chainsaw, went to get venom, and o miracle of miracles! Despite it being an event, all the nodes were there! harvested one, uploaded venom, hunted a bit, fed dinos, put the chainsaw away.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded venom and fed drakes. Repaired old shotgun and made a new one, made 600+ ammo. Uploaded older one and 500 ammo.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Put away pistol and ammo for it, went for the nearest beacon and downloaded shotgun and ammo for it. Went to try for a better lightning egg.

First I had to kill three wyverns that got out of the trap but didn't lose their interest in me. It was pretty risky, my bat almost died, but i managed.

Then I went in, got attention of a wyvern, trapped, killed, repeated. Did that until it was safe for me to go and check for nests. Unfortunately, the part of the trench that I cleared only had two, and the eggs in them weren't exactly what I looked for: a level 60 fire in a deeper part and a 180 poison. No lightnings.

Took the poison one so that the whole thing won't feel like a complete waste of time. Uploaded, returned home.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded egg. Hatched previous ones, put magma with maewing, podded wyvern for later. The new, poison one is... Not bad, I suppose. Usable stats, health and weight in thirties, stam not far behind, colors don't seem to be too ugly. It stays.

Podded drakes and blood wyverns, and that's all for now (or maybe for today).

Unpodded babies again for more raising. Hatched the poison egg and yeah, for a poison he doesn't look bad.

Waited for a bit (honestly can't remember what I did while waiting), then went for a milk run. Returned home fed wyverns and logged off Valg and on to

(Official PVE, Lost Island). Tried for a better lightning egg. Nope. Nope-nope-nope. There weren't any lightning eggs. Also, I got killed by a poison wyvern, so respawned home, took my tropical, went back, got my loot and bat, killed that wyvern. Checked for lightning eggs again. Nope, nothing. There was a 150 poison one, but I saw its mother. I'm not desperate enough to take THAT. It's ugly. Returned home.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Found a 95 tropical, netted, tranqed, harvested, killed, uploaded crystals, hunted a bit, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Fed blood wyverns. Podded wyverns and drakes, except for one blood wyvern (I want to see if it'll survive the night on its own). And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Aberration with friends. Finally continued our game, and it was supposed to be Rock Drake day. Three of the four of us never did this before so I wound up talking and talking and hoping I wasn't going to send everyone to their doom and ruin their evening. Ab looks fantastic with the 100% event colors WW going on currently, so we kinda got distracted. I improved our megalos a bit and filled the base with Bulbdogs while my friend added as many colourful glowing ovis as she could get her hands on. My partner worked on his diplo project. Finally we saddled our spinos and trekked to our secondary base in the blue zone, where we found that our defenses didn't work and lots of stuff was getting destroyed. Over 8 hours into the gaming session we still hadn't made our move, instead getting into really silly problems and I began to think our group just wasn't ready. But then we actually went ahead and down. Took a wrong turn and immediately had multpile reaper queens on us. That too was a first for most of our players. Everyone was equal parts terrified and amazed. But with four people working together and helping each other manage their charge pets, we didn't run into anything we couldn't overcome. In the end we had a breeding pair of rock drakes, no amazing levels but now getting better ones is going to be a piece of cake. If only we hadn't neglected to bring red gems for a saddle!

Edited by riceandvegetable
  • Like 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the wyvern. Alive, and can still last some more time. Unpodded others.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Another try at a better lightning egg. Nnnnope. No lightning eggs whatsoever. Grabbed a 185 poison because I want to get at least something. Checked for magmas, too - two 55 eggs. Not good enough, left them. Grabbed five or six RC presents (nobody else was hunting, apparently. Nothing particularly good - 2 pods, a 298% crossbow BP, a 90+ megatherium saddle. Uploaded the stuff (had to wait extra-long for megatherium - it only uploaded after second server save since I got it, before that is was timed out on every try).

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Tranqed, harvested and killed a 145 tropical. Uploaded crystals.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Retrieved all the stuff, fed crystal wyverns. Put egg into the incubator, female, some of the colors are alright, better melee and, if I recall correctly, stam than the first one. Stays. Guess I'll be breeding poison wyverns. Still not fond of their looks, but maybe they'll at least be useful.

Checked for carchars, no carchars. Saw two gigas on same spawn, both event colors - one green and red, other cyan plus some sort of pinkish-purple.

Older carcha is adult, replaced my first one with her, bred carchars. No eggs staying, all male. Filled a maewing with meat and added more meat to tek troughs, unpodded two 20 melee carcha female babies from earlier.

Podded drakes and regular wyverns, crystal ones are all staying out. That's all for now.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Tried to go to the wyvern trench again. Got disconnected. Died to a piranha.

Tried to go get my loot and bat. Got disconnected. Died to a troodon.

Went again to get my wyvern, bat, and, if it's still there, loot.

And got it all, no disconnects this time.

Returned owl and wyvern home, went to the trench. Nope. Nope-nope-nope.

No lightning eggs, only lightning wyvern I saw close enough to the nests in the safe-ish part to maybe spawn an egg there was busy being burned by lava (wyvern's favorite past-time: fiery suicide!). Nothing worth stealing, only egg was a level 20 poison. And just outside the trench there was a 165 poison wyvern and a 185 alpha one, so stealing anything wouldn't be a good idea anyway. Returned home with nothing.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Netted, tranqed, harvested and killed three wyverns. Uploaded crystals.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals and fed blood wyverns. Hatched new poison and podded for later. That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Went for eggs again. There was only a level 25 lightning egg, but I saw the mother and there were some decent colors on her, so I took it. Uploaded the egg.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Moved newly grown blood wyverns to the spot I decided to use as a wyvern breeding part of the base. Killed both old, wild-tame females. Bred blood wyverns, no eggs staying (no muts. Bad stats are now impossible, every wyvern's the same).

Unpodded lightning and poison wyverns, downloaded new egg and put it into the incubator. male, good, since my first one is female. The good colors on new one are ActualBlack (on body) and DarkMagenta (on wings. And yeah, DarkMagenta is good in my opinion. Way better than regular). With that from him and DinoAlbino fins and DarkMagenta belly from the first one I'll be able to make something that actually looks decent.

Bred gigas, carchars, rexes and triopeos. One tropeo stays for breeding (clean female, all good stats), rex is carcha bait again.

Did a milk run, fed wyverns. Waited for new one to hatch, put him with the rest.

Made some shotgun ammo, since I was running low on it back on LI sidebase.

Fed the new wyvern remaining milk (raising him will be tough. Lil' guy will basically have to be force-fed until nearly adult, that's how low his food stat is). Podded wyverns, uploaded shotgun ammo.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Downloaded ammo, went for eggs again. Saw a 155 lightning wyvern! But too far from the nests. Shot her to get her attention, trapped her (trap's close to at least one nest spot)... But she killed my bat and then me. Respawned, took wyvern, went back there, got my loot, got past the wyvern, and she laid an egg! I took it and flew away, speed and attack range of the angry lightning wyvern being no match for my tropical's speed.

Uploaded the egg, returned home.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded the egg and put it into incubator. it's female. Atrocious colors (no surprise here. I've seen its mom and she's ugly), but finally usable stats: 29 health, 28 weight, 24 stam and 24 melee. Like I said, usable. Not good but it'll do. When combined with colors from the previous two it'll be an actually somewhat nice wyvern.

Was killing wild dinoes yesterday because I wanted to clear spawn slots for Thylacoleo to replace, suddenly a microraptor dismounted me and there were TRODONS, a few of them, and 3 terror birds, managed to kill a few but my char still died. I had pistol in my 6th hotkey bar though, but I have a habit to put all stuffs into my snow owl inventory ( I use snow owl for my daily ride), and the ammo for the pistol was in my snow owl so I could not use this pistol and died melee-ing those trodons and terror birds.

Seems like smaller creatures can sometimes be more dangerous than even a Rex, I can stand off mount with the presence of a rex, but not with microraptor in an area with other wild dinoes present lol. This happened a LOT when Raptor could still jump me but not anymore now since Raptor seems to have been changed from the last time I played. But kinda like real life, we're not afraid of tigers and lions anymore now but the smaller 'creatures' such as virus and bacteria are more lethal nowadays.

Some creatures I don't want to be around with or to attack unless on a Rex (since he's tall and safe from sneaky dinoes) are : microraptor, stegosaurus, kaprosuchus (it is actually weak though I can kill it with a sword as long as I have it in my hotbar). Imo primitive flak should have more durability like maybe twice from it is now so I can repair it less often. It is actually good enough to buy time for killing dinoes when dismounted. Above primitive is kinda rare for flak.

Svartalfheim, after the big update. I leveled up my dimorphs to 3k health and went off to the Aberration cave with 8 of them. I also brought a simple pistol with almost 500 dmg just in case, which turned out to be a good move. Not only did I use up all my ziplines but had to do some precise shooting as well. Things were calm in the beginning. When we got to the big drop, I was preparing to fix a zip line and whistle my dinos to attack from the next plateau - but suddenly I found myself tumbling into the death river because a snake had snuck up on us. I readied my climbing picks and clambered up, fixing the line in reverse - but my ravager had already jumped in as it fought its own battle, accompanied by all my dimorphs. I ran around, whistling the flock on targets, abort useless battles, regroup, and shot the sarcos and piranha that were after the ravager. The dimorphs kept me safe from karkinos, but the enemies kept coming and the battle never really calmed down. Spinos especially just swat the flock like flies, dealing damage to the whole swarm at once. One of the dimorphs died, and I pulled out the pumpgun and helped them. I even managed to direct the poor ravager back onto land. We had more dicey situations with spinos in the next part, I tried to tame a green one but instead, it came at us hard. Still, it felt like we were making slow progress. Then on to the artifact room, where I could have avoided most of the seeker battles but didn't know where to go at first. Finally had the artifact... didn't bring the otter so I guess we'll have to go through this hell again to get more, or use a fjordhawk in a cheeky way. But we had to go back through the whole cave to get out. I dropped into the death river two more times, each time with more karkinos, spinos and piranha coming after us, chaotic battles ensuing. In the end, four of the dimorphs made it out again. One is dead and I had to abandon three which I couldn't find. I feel a bit bad about this but there is no choice. This was harrowing. We had to fight tooth and nail, loot drops were horrible, lost half our squad, but the Artifact of the Devourer is ours!

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns, hatched the new one, too. Made some gunpowder, went to get milk, but since way from my base to the trench is above Weather Top, I couldn't help but take a look... And there, beside a 145 giga, was a 140 male carchar!

I turned around. I podded wyverns, I took shotgun, and elixir and baby rexes.

I went there, befriended the carchar... Got him to 64% in one go! But with the giga there I was a bit limited in where I could go, and by then the area that was safe was already empty. So I had to dismount and let him lose friendliness and befriend him again. But I couldn't get away from the dead baby rex in time and he killed me. He killed me in one bite, despite all the armor! That's how I knew that this one will be different. It'll be good.

I respawned, took tropeo, went back there, took my loot... And fell of a cliff. I'm very used to relying on sinos, and mine died to the carchar's second bite. So, there I am again! Dead.

Respawned again, took griffin and one of my spare sinos.

Back to carchar, got loot, befriended, finished tame. 160% damage! That's 28 points. Now that's not something most players would be so happy about, but please remember that the best I ever got on a carchar before was 20 points. So that's a big step towards good carchars for me.

I named him Pale Horror (his main color is DinoAlbino), podded him, podded griffin and wyvern, and went back home on tropeo.

I podded my previous breeder carcha Carcharles, and into the leveling fodder fridge he went. He'll stay there until I get, hatch, and raise my proper lightning wyvern, and then he'll be used to get some levels onto it.

I unpodded Pale Horror in his place and immediately bred carchars. Unfortunately, no egg inherited his melee. They're staying anyway - for leveling purposes.

Unpodded wyverns again, did a milk run, fed them.

Did a wood run, some went into vault, most to the forge.

Did a stone/flint run, made a ton of sparkpowder.

Bred gigas, rexes and crystal wyverns. Gigas staying as leveling fodder, rex FINALLY good (45 health, 49 melee, male, which was what I was trying to get all along), and one wyvern is male with a melee mut so of course it stays 9color not too bad either. Dark purple of some sort, I don't remember the color number, but looks nice).

Podded wyverns and that's all for today. Fjordur and CI sidebases will wait until tomorrow, since that's when I'll start raising new wyvern and continue raising the drakes.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and drakes. Hatched new crystal wyvern (color, unfortunately, isn't on a visible region. oh well, not my last mutation. Hopefully), new rex, and two sinos. Started raising all that.

Made some more gunpowder.

Bred carchars and gigas, almost all carchars inherited new melee, so once eggs are ready, I'll pick the best-looking one to raise. Gigas are all bad.

Did a milk run, fed wyverns. Grabbed two RC presents, but they were just awful. Waste of time.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Got venom, uploaded, harvested some meat, fed dinos, put the chainsaw away.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded venom, fed drakes. Imprinted them. hunted with Furious for a bit, since the lowest level wyvern is now safe-ish to leave alone for a bit.

Gathered some wood, put it all into the forge.

Did another milk run and fed wyverns again.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Netted, tranqed, harvested and killed a level 60 tropical, uploaded crystals. Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed blood wyvern. Podded regular wyverns and sinos. Drakes and blood wyvern should be good to stay out. That's all for today. All that's serious, anyway. Might check on drakes and wyvern after some time, but I wouldn't count that as actually playing.

Checked on drakes and wyvern, and, well, a bit of actual playing was required since I was really unsure if they're actually good to stay out with no additional feeding. And I'm glad I did feed them, not just because now they'll definitely survive, but also because...

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Took chainsaw, went into the cave, harvested a node (12 venom). Grabbed a crate and in it was a rex BP. An 86.2 rex BP! My previous best was just 71. Finally! So I waited until server save, uploaded it and the venom. Returned home, put the chainsaw away.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded venom and BP, fed drakes. Now, with 5000+ food each, they're sure to last until adulthood.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Found, netted, tranqed, harvested, and killed a level 85 tropical. And lucky lucky me! By the time I got to the nearest beacon it was just a few seconds to save, so I didn't have to wait long to upload the crystals.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Fed wyvern.

And now that's absolutely all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and sinos. Drakes are now adult, I named the blue feathered one (he is now Varactyl) and podded the purple-feathered one and my old one.

Went hunting with Varactyl, got him some levels. Couple points went to weight, a few to health (just to bring it to 10000), plenty to stam until it was at 2000, and any points he gains form that point will be for melee.

Podded one of the now-grown female carchars, put the other into one of my old breeders' place.

Bred carchars and gigas.

Hatched last time's carchars and... No. Nothing looks good, they're all leveling fodder. One of the new eggs looks slightly promising, though. Just a bit. As for gigas - all bad, every single one.

Hunted with Furious, got him another level. Returned home, lowest level wyvern was at about 400 food, so I went to get milk. Got back, fed wyverns, the lowest level one was actually able to eat on his own this time!

Podded wyverns and sinos, that's all. Maybe for now, maybe for today.

Unpodded wyverns and sinos again. While they were growing, went to the Beaver lake and did a bit of a cement run. Don't exactly need it - I have enough that I sometimes grind a bit when I need chitin or stone, but just to do something.

Then took my hoversail, wandered around on it.

Returned home, put hoversail away, imprinted wyverns, podded them and the sinos, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Took my tropical wyvern and went to the trench. Got a 55 lightning, nothing chased me, but I still flew away pretty far just in case. Waited for server save, uploaded egg at nearest beacon, went back.

Went deep this time, luring wild wyverns away but... Not much good to get there. Took a 155 poison, that was the only thing worth bothering with.

Went to green beacon, uploaded egg, hunted, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Rex is adult now, moved him to his place. Unpodded wyverns and sinos.

Hatched carchars, one baby stays for raising: female, teal spikes, Dino Albino body, BigFoot4 underbelly. Webbing is green and spots are brown, but that can be fixed, I'll just breed her to Toxic Rage once she's adult until I get a nice white, teal-spiked baby with his blue spots and webbing.

Bred carchars again, nothing worth keeping (doesn't matter, since I already have one worth raising).

Downloaded new wyvern eggs and put them into incubator. Poison one has 30 stam, that's better than my other ones. Some of the colors on them both looked promising, but, of course, a post-hatch look is necessary to really see if they're any good.

Hunted with Furious, then did a milk run, fed wyverns. Imprinted sinos.

New eggs are finally ready, hatched them and poison one is pretty great, color-wise. Green belly and lips clash with the rest, but fortunately one of my other two has blue ones, so it's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of breeding. The lightning one doesn't look too good, but she has Dino Albino top scales, so she stays, as that'll look better with what I plan my final lightning to look like than what my previous ones have.

Podded all the wyverns and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Imprinted carcha and added more meat to the tek troughs for her. Bred rexes (no new muts, they're all carcha bait).

Leveled a new sino on breedject gigas and carchars, 4000 stam, any points from now on will go into weight. Got a level (or two, already forgot) for myself, too.

Took old sino in a pod, traveled to a LI server, grabbed tek bow and phase pistol engrams. And astrodelphis saddle, unlikely I'll ever get one, but I don't plan on any more server jumps, so better take it just in case.

Returned to Valg, no accidents, no scary mid-transfer lags/disconnects. Tried out a phase pistol. Seems pretty fun and useful, glad I learned the engram for it.

That's all for now.

Unpodded wyverns, imprinted carcha again.

Did a flint run, made a ton of arrows.

Bred carchars, gigas and blood wyverns. Carchars and gigas no good, but one of the blood wyverns is great: male, mut melee inherited and a new mut on stam.

Went to get milk for the wyverns, got disconnected right near the trench. Logged back on to a dead sino, a near-dead wyvern, and got pushed off a rock by a wolf, which was all it took since I was also nearly dead.

Respawned, took second new sino, took tropeo, went back there, killed two wyverns that were chasing mine with tropeo's grenades, and he took care of the last one himself after I set him to neutral.

Killed wolves, got my stuff back.

Milked a wyvern, returned home, fed wyverns, healed the milk-runner up, unpodded more carchars and gigas and leveled the new sino. Also, got my own last levels from that. Yep, I'm 125 now!

Filled a maewing and unpodded all of my baby tropeos.

Took Furious and went hunting, kept all the hide I got form it and put it in the storage. Might never even need that much, but as I said before, I like having lots of things.

Podded wyverns and that's all for today. Some wyverns maybe would have been fine for the night, but I didn't feel like risking.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and hatched the new one.

Imprinted carcha. Tropeos are adult not, podded the two low-level wild-tame females and put newly grown all good stats ones in their place (and near their place. I had four new ones).

hatched last time's fail gigas and carchars and podded them.

Bred tropeos, gigas, rexes and carchars. Nothing good, new mut on a giga, but it's on food.

Did a milk run, fed wyverns.

Made some nets, uploaded half of them, logged off Valg and on to

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles). Downloaded nets, gathered some metal and started smelting it to repair the harpoon gun (it's not fully broken, but close).

Netted, tranqed, harvested and killed a level 25 tropical, uploaded crystals, hunted, fed dinos, repaired gun.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed blood wyvern. Took Furious, hunted for a while, put all the hide I got on my hunt into storage.

Podded wyverns and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns, imprinted carcha, unpodded Toxic Rage since new carcha is nearly adult so I'll start trying for a blue-striped white one soon.

Hatched last time's eggs, bred carchars again (nothing good).

Went on a milk run, fed wyverns. One (180 poison named Voldemort) stays out, I'll check on him later, but he should be probably good to just stay out until adult. The rest repodded. For now that's all.

Checked on Voldemort the wyvern, he's doing fine. Unpodded others.

Bred gigas, tropeos and rexes, nothing good. new mut on a rex, but it was food mut.

Went on a hunt with Furious, kept all the hide, ended up blackboxing my sino on it. There were a giga and a carcha on Weather Top, I got curious as to whether or not Furious can handle the carcha (it was level 20), so I lured the giga away and attacked the carcha. Yep, handled it fine. Doesn't seem like carcha's anti-regen debuff did much of anything to stop Furious form healing nearly as fast as he was getting bitten.

Returned home, put all the hide into the storage.

Did another milk run, fed the wyverns. Voldemort is sure to survive to adulthood, and my second oldest poison wyvern, Mismatched Abomination, is staying out too. Others repodded. I'll check on her later, but aside from that the day's pretty much done.

Checked on the wyverns, did one last (for these two) milk run just in case, and they'll be staying out all night. That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the wyverns, doing great. Unpodded others.

Carcha is adult now. Bred her to Toxic Rage, but nope, no luck. Baby got all the wrong colors.

Saddled her and went hunting, killed lots of stuff. Even went to the wyvern trench and slaughtered everything there. She now has over 300% melee.

Returned home after about an hour of killing everything in sight, took milk run wyvern, went and got milk, fed wyverns.

Checked and, apparently, everyone but the youngest wyverns is good to stay out for at least 6 hours, so out they're staying and I'll check on them later. Youngest were repodded, of course. And that's all for now.

Checked on the wyverns again. Voldemort's adult, unpodded all of my fail baby gigas and leveled him on them. Got a bit over 50 levels for him. As always, stam to 2000 and just a little more, rest melee. Hunted with him, even killed a low-level ice wyvern near the trench. Pretty neat, but often difficult to aim. Plus there's the matter of having to rely strictly on biting in close combat. So, all in all poison wyverns are okay, but going to be my least used most likely. Reeturned home, for now that's all, will check on wyverns later again.

And again, checked how the wyverns are doing. Did a milk run, fed them. For now that's all.

Checked on wyverns, podded the level 25 lightning because I'm about to fall asleep and I'm not sure he'll be fine. The rest are good to stay out. For now that's all.

Unpodded the 25 again. Took the new carcha and went hunting, killed a level 20 alpha rex and an alpha carno whose level I forgot immediately. Returned home after around an hour of hunting, bred carchars (just the new one to Toxic Rage), no luck again - wrong colors. Moved now-grown Mismatched Abomination (the poison wyvern) to the trough. That's all for now, will check on other wyverns later.

Logged on real quick just to see the notification of an update in 15 minutes. But hey! I still had those minutes, and Grapes (my oldest lightning wyvern) is adult now! So I took her and did a bit of hunting. Pretty neat. Pretty strong. Easier to aim than a poison wyvern. Bred poison wyverns, I THINK it'll look good, but, of course, I'll have to see it hatched to really decide.

Then I logged off, then returned once the update happened, unpodded younger wyverns, did a milk run, fed them.

Hunted for a bit, grabbed two RC presents (nothing good). Checked how long young wyverns will last on their current food and yeah, they're safe to leave for quite a while. so I'll check on them after some time, but for now that['s all (and yes, I count it all as one day).

Checked on the wyverns, did a milk run, fed them. The 25 lightning (named Wine) is nearly adult.

With all the wyverns and three carchars in the middle of my base things were getting a bit cluttered, and I need them all so podding is not an option, so I moved adult lightings and poisons to a cliff.

Bred carchars and gigas, nothing good, unfortunately. hatched last time's poison and it's kinda meh. Put it into the leveling fodder fridge. And it's time for another few hours long break.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Netted, tranqed, harvested and killed two tropical wyverns. Uploaded crystals. Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed Goldy (the mutated blood wyvern). He's staying out, he'll be fine. Podded the still-nameless poison and lightning wyverns and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded the young wyverns.

Hatched last time's eggs.

Bred lightning wyverns, gigas and carchars. No luck.

Hunted for a bit.

Went to check carcha spawns, nothing.

Returned home, podded the young wyverns, and that's all for today. Yep, completely all, no "check on stuff in an hour or two", today's just too laggy for that.

(Official PVE, Lost Island, early in the morning) Went to check for any good, preferably lightning, eggs. No such luck, and the game crashed while I was in the trench. Though it was at least merciful enough to allow me a few seconds to land in a more or less safe spot between the moment I closed the error's window and the moment when the game closed.

Since it wasn't an error I've seen before, I checked the integrity of game files just in case. And since I was in that part of settings anyway, I deleted the maps I don't play on (Extinction, which I don't plan to return to, Aberration from which I need nothing as all that's worth taking can be found elsewhere, and Ragnarok which I only kept because ice wyvern eggs look weird without it, but I decided I can tolerate some glitch-textured eggs).

Then I logged back on again, I was alive, my wyvern was alive, and I found a lighting egg. Only level 60, though. Still, I took it, I escaped from the angry wyverns, and I uploaded it. Then I hunted for a bit and fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded and checked the egg. Not good stat-wise, female, kept to see if it looks good, some colors seemed interesting.

Unpodded wyverns for more raising.

Goldy the blood wyvern is now adult, moved him to the rest and podded his dad. Bred blood wyverns. Lightnings, too. nothing good.

Took my strongest lighting, went hunting. Killed a bunch of stuff, got her some levels. Could achieve that faster with my breedjects, but I'm not wasting those on an ugly wyvern. They're for my final one.

Podded the still-growing wyverns.

(Official PVE, Valguero, evening) Unpodded wyverns again, did a milk run, fed them.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Went for eggs again. There were three lightnings! 165, 175, 185! Wyverns, not eggs. The didn't lay any eggs. Greedy lizards.

All that was near them were some 85-95 poison eggs and an 85 fire one.

Stole three poisons and a fire, ate two of the poisons leaving just one 95, went to the obelisk, crashed.

Logged back on, uploaded eggs, returned home.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Bred blood wyverns again, only two were ready. Keeping one baby, female, mut stats inherited, will raise her to use. Downloaded eggs, aaand they're no good. Ugly colors, I don't even need to hatch them to see that. hatched last time's lighting, nope, doesn't look interesting.

Checked how long the lighting and poison I'm raising can last for (well, only the lightning, since she has only half poison's food, so any time she may last poison will last for sure), and it's about 9 hours, so I'm leaving them out for now and will check on them later. For now that's all.

Checked on the wyverns, doing fine. Did a milk run and fed them. While on the milk run saw a carcha, but it was only 85, not gonna bother with that. No way it would end up better than what i already have. Plus it was near a giga and I'm not in the mood to lure that away (the giga was 130. Blue. The nice kind of blue, not too bright. But I like my black-brown ones well enough, so I'm not gonna bother taming it just for color).

I might check on the wyverns again later, but aside form that it's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Killing all my obsolete dinoes using Fire Wyvern, kinda sad to see them go like this, I tamed, bred and named each and every one of them, but it has to be done since they no longer have any use like at all and keep piling up while I breed new and better dinoes. I hope the game have a better method for removing unwanted dinoes / despawn them, but this works too, just game. ☠️

Screenshot_14.thumb.jpg.4d5492da7b157f100031da0c12adcc9c.jpg

Screenshot_17.jpg.ab12843cb64096f85c38d26937cb8354.jpg

Edited by DonaldDuck

(Official PVE, Valguero) Wyverns were already adult, bred them all. Kept three eggs (2 poison, one sure to look good, other a maybe, 1 lightning, good stats, male, both of the father's good colors inherited, will be my main lightning until I get one with all the best colors on it).

Tried for a blue-striped white carcha, nope, egg didn't get the right colors.

Went to check for carchars, only found an 80 and the colors weren't good (I mean, she had white stripes, that's nice, but I'm not wasting a baby rex just to get white stripes and no other good colors whatsoever). In the snow giga still was there... And stuck!

So I decided to get him. And to see if I can do it with a crossbow. I never tried to get a giga with a crossbow. No a single time!

So I went back home. Made a crossbow form a 298% BP, over 700 durability. Made tranq arrows, 400+, I know how bad my aim is. Plus accidents can happen (and did!). Took narcotics, kibble, elixir, cryopod, went there, started shooting.

Now, about the accident. Player-related. Some dude with a rifle decided to help, ruining purity of the experiment. And also making the giga his to tame. But it wasn't tame-stealing, since he left right after the giga dropped and never came back. So, obviously, just a misguided attempt at assistance. I was too busy shooting to tell him not to shoot, hence the whole mess.

So I waited for the giga to wake up. Started shooting again. Shot all the arrows I had left, and he still stood.

Now, I remind you: no arrow-taming gigas has happened to me before. None. Shock darts only, not counting the time when I used regular, saw that it's not gonna work, and switched for shock.

So I thought that that's it, no giga for me, he ain't droppin'.

So I started blasting him with my blood wyvern. Went at it for a minute or two.

And then he, very nearly dead, finally dropped.

I checked around - nope, no unwanted help this time, just 200+ arrows worth of narcotics finally caught up to him.

So I put kibble in him, one good thing to come out of that mishap was that he was hungry right away. Got him tamed, podded him, brought him home. Named him Iceberg.

He's not a stat breeder, only got 31 point melee, while my best non-mut is 36 and best overall is 38. But ActualBlack on back and Glacial on body? Yeah, I'm keeping that. That's one good-looking giga.

Podded him for later, bred my actual stat gigas, and carchars, and tek rexes, and tropeos.

Nothing stays. Had some sort of black-on-back mut on a giga, but it was stam, plus I already have the best black on back on Iceberg.

The wyvern eggs were ready, hatched them. The dubious one was no good, the other two staying, podded for later.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns.

Bred wyverns, gigas, carchars, rexes and tropeos, one lightning wyvern stays.

Unpodded and killed some old stuff I no longer need, podded some of the dinos I had out but wasn't using.

Hunted with Tyranid Eater (my megatherium) for a while.

Returned home, hatched the one wyvern egg I kept, podded baby for later. Podded lightning and poison wyvern, blood stays out, I want to see if it'll survive (it's not an important one, so no big deal if it doesn't). That's all for today.