So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Decided to try and get better blood wyverns. So. First I found was level 90. Female.

Tamed without trouble, uploaded. Then after some time saw a 130. Male, which is great.

Started taming. Things were fine-fine-fine, he steered clear of cliffs and the base with plants.

Then he flew into the wall of a big metal base and threw me off by doing so.

And I couldn't enable parachute in time, so I died.

Respawned on a sleeping bag, took my second tropical, got back...

Almost. A disconnect happened.

Died. Respawned on another sleeping bag, took tropeo (good thing I had both second wyvern AND tropeo left there form last taming!), went back, got my stuff, mounted a wyvern, went back to the one I was taming, got onto his back, fed some more, he threw me off. And in my attempts to get back to him I got my wyvern stuck between the cliff and the railing.

Managed to get close enough to spyglass-whistle my other wyvern, one that was left hovering from first death, went back to the blood wyv I was taming...

Well, now I know how the taming drop happens. You know, that thing when progress goes down faster than you can feed it.

Looks like it's caused by the wyvern getting too hungry and deciding that it'd rather not join the player who clearly doesn't care enough to keep it fed. Well, I suppose it's better and more believable than the sino approach to the issue of overly large pause between taming feedings, which is basically "guess I'll starve to death".

So I waited for taming to drop all the way to zero, and his food got back to full. I started taming him again, got to about 70%, got thrown off on a cliff, got back to him, and finished tame. And the other wyvern got unstuck at some point during that, so that's good, too.

Uploaded him. Returned home.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the carchars, looks like they'll do just fine with no refills.

Downloaded wyverns.

Bred the new male to the yesterday's female, since she was ready already.

Bred drakes and carchars, too.

And it's a mut day! One of the carcha eggs, drake egg and wyvern egg are all mut, wyvern's double!

Carcha and drake staying just because I want to see if they'll look any good, the wyvern is definitely for raising, though. Got the good melee (36 points) and good stam with one of the muts on it. Colors not too bad, either - white fins and WyvernPurple0 highlights, with inherited black on body. Would be actually good if it wasn't for Light Red belly.

Bred rexes, just the pair. Egg isn't any good. Hatched the one form last time and podded for carcha bait.

Fed gachas, most ele went into gens.

Hatched wyvern, yep, looking good. Podded for later.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

1 minute ago, prosans said:

why?

Why wouldn't I hate them? I don't like their looks. I tested them in singleplayer, and guess what? I don't like their abilities either. And the few times I happened to be near one on official while it was being used, I got lagged to hell and back whenever it harvested things, so they're disgusting lag machines.

• Haha 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Carchars nearly adult. Unpodded blood wyvern for a bit of raising.

Hatched drake and carchar. Not sure about drake, stays for now but still might kill him later. Carcha's definitely good, though. Mut's Cyan on body made a wonderful combination with inherited Black Sands on back and WyvernBlue on stripes and webbing.

Filled a maewing and put the carcha with it. Left drake out for a bit of raising.

Bred blood wyverns and drakes, nothing worth keeping.

FINALLY remembered to move the new sino breeder female to the others. Podded one of the older ones.

Checked spawns, nothing, nothing and nothing.

Hunted, topped up tek troughs - carcha should be fine with mae until juvenile, so he stays out.

Podded drake and wyvern and that's all for today.

Had a very awkward experience on Scorched Earth. I suspected that only playing that map on single player / non-dedicated made it too easy. So I found the least populated official European server and hopped on for an hour or two of the official bob experience. But turned out even the most deserted server was still so full with buildings that I would've felt weird to plaster my bob shack next to them. So I tried the medium to hard spawns, which were better, but I still spawned plenty inside of other peoples' bases, and so did unholy amounts of terror birds. Tried to get a beginner tame to get away from the suburb I was in but after well over an hour gave up. And that's that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

Had a very awkward experience on Scorched Earth. I suspected that only playing that map on single player / non-dedicated made it too easy. So I found the least populated official European server and hopped on for an hour or two of the official bob experience. But turned out even the most deserted server was still so full with buildings that I would've felt weird to plaster my bob shack next to them. So I tried the medium to hard spawns, which were better, but I still spawned plenty inside of other peoples' bases, and so did unholy amounts of terror birds. Tried to get a beginner tame to get away from the suburb I was in but after well over an hour gave up. And that's that.

what are u playing on switch or pc?

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Older carchars adult, younger doing fine. Imprinted him.

Bred blood wyverns, one egg stays.

Decided to give amargas another try, so made soups, a good pistol, bullets, uploaded that +some kibble, a few empty cryopods and podded bat that's better than one already on LI (for elixirs).

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Downloaded all that, went to try and get amagras. in the desert.

150 female! Got killed by a thyla right before my eyes like an idiot.

50 male! Also got himself killed. Nobody taught him not to bite arthros.

And they were the only ones near the traps (and yes, parts or tools for building my own were the only damn thing I forgot).

50, 50 and 50 - two killed, got third 50 (a female) 5% tamed thanks to a stuck yuty, but then yuty's carno pack finished her off.

45 - abandoned her after running out of stuff to hunt. Only 2% and she was nearly dead anyway.

Once again decided that amargas aren't for me (I'm all about murderlizards anyway. They're more like suicidelizards), returned home, threw out remaining soups, ate kibble since I can't send it back anyway and i don't need it on LI for anything else, and that's all for today.

4 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

(I'm all about murderlizards anyway. They're more like suicidelizards), 

I'm agreed :D mhuhahahaha

You need a Snow Owl. My last time without a trap, a female 140 was killed by 2 Tyla spawned near, 83%...more of 2 hours in puffff :D mhuhhahah

Edited by CervantesMor

3 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

You need a Snow Owl. My last time without a trap, a female 140 was killed by 2 Tyla spawned near, 83%...more of 2 hours in puffff :D mhuhhahah

Hmmm. That might work. When choosing creatures for use on sidebases I always end up disregarding snowls despite several of them always being in my sight thanks to my gachas. Guess I might give amargas another try - with an owl this time.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official PVE, Valguero) Checked on the carchar (growing fine, doesn't need a trough refill. Imprinted him and named him Toxic Rage).

Uploaded a saddled podded owl, and more kibble and soups.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Downloaded the stuff. Went to try for amarga again. First i found was yesterday's 45, still alive (guess nobody rendered the zone in. Can't see any other way for an amarga to live that long). Tried to tame. The owl allowed me to keep her alive until 8%, then wolves happened. Couldn't fight them off with the owl (I'd hit amarga. HARD), couldn't shoot them really either (I'm not exactly what you could call a sharpshooter).

Then tried another, level 90. Things were fine, then a high-level daeodon happened. Too tough for me to kill, even if I healed the amarga as much as possible.

Two others - didn't even get to sync, only watched them die.

Tried my luck near the volcano. Level 100 male - got him to over 20% Things were FINE! I got to feed him two whole times!

Ran out of things to kill, went to a lone thorny dragon stuck on a rock in the water, fell in water, used my sino to get out, hard lag because turns out there was a MASSIVE base just a few meters away and it chose to start loading it.

So I uncontrollably flew out of taming range.

Dammit. But while sino-parachuting back to the ground I saw an even better one!

A 130 female! Got her to 2.9%, there was nothing left to kill, every single creature around either a herbivore, or some tiny piece of:poop: that I couldn't shoot either without hitting amarga, or at all.

So I gave up, went home, and that's it. No more amargas. Carchars do the "hunt with it to tame it" thing so much better! With carchars it's like "okay, tiny bald monkey. I'll work for you for a bit, if it's more fun than running alone - I'll stick with you", which is nice and reasonable. Amarga taming makes me question who is taming who, exactly? Because damn lizard clearly wants to be in charge. And the lizard in question is an idiot, which is bad. Between me and the dino I'm taming there should be only one idiot, and that place is taken.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Fed dinos and decided that it's enough for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, CervantesMor said:

Have you ever tried with a trap? do you know how to build it?

Couldn't get them into pre-existing ones (they spawn too far), and though I can look up how to build a proper amarga trap, one that people claim works 100%, my experience with one  was that getting the amarga inside is pretty much impossible.

Also, there's still their damn pickiness about what prey even works. Having to hope that a carnivore happens nearby is, like, 50% of why amarga taming is so bad. So there's getting the stupid long lizard into the trap, getting a carnivore near, hurting the carnivore, NOT KILLING the carnivore...

So, yeah. I'm giving up on amargas. Not worth it.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

yes I understand you perfectly .. in my opinion the ideal is to build it in the snowy area after having sighted a good level Daeodont, trap Amarga in the upper part of the trap and the Daeodont in the lower part, the Daeodont occasionally heals itself and the Snow Owl does the rest, but I'm well aware that setting the trap in the right place at the right time and in the right direction isn't super easy when you're playing alone with no companions to help in the process.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and drake.

Imprinted carcha. Podded previous ones I raised, since I'm not doing anything with them.

Bred wyverns, drakes, rexes, gigas and carchars, one wyvern stays because good, rex stays as carcha bait, one carcha stays because I think he's all the colors I want, everything else cracked.

Went to check spawns, nothing on Weather Top, 135 giga in the snow, got lagged hard while flying low near the loot cave, first thing I heard upon starting to stop lagging were sounds of a carchar biting. It was biting my wyvern. For once it's a good thing that the carchar was low-level (only 25) - didn't do much damage at all, so I flew away fine as soon as I was able to.

Uploaded a 298% crossbow, three stacks of tranq arrows, 20+ nets and a harpoon launcher.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) downloaded the stuff. Found a wyvern as low as there was - 25. Netted, tranqed, harvested, killed. Not hard, as it turns out. Uploaded crystals.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Downloaded crystals, fed wyverns. Fed gachas for a while, most went into generators, as always. Podded drake. Force-fed the older wyvern remaining crystal and podded wyverns, too.

That's all for today (unless later I remember to log back on to give carchar his last imprint).

Imprinted carchar and now that's absolutely all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns and the drake. Hatched a wyvern from last time, put that with the rest to raise.

Toxic Rage (carcharo) is grown up now, put a saddle on him. Too bad I can't properly match saddle's colors to his, since no coloring is exactly right, and carcha saddles have that scratched, old look to them, always a bit less bright than you'd expect, and with bits of saddle's natural color peeking through.

Logged off and on to

(Official PVE, Fjordur) to get venom for the drake, but no nodes. So he's not eating today. Since I logged onto Fjordur anyway, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Podded drake.

Bred wyverns, rexes, gigas and carchas. Rex stays as carcha bait, wrong stats again.

One carcha stays, Sandstorm's son, melee inherited. It's just 20, but it's my best, so of course it stays.

One wyvern stays, and the drake! Drake stays! He's perfect. All the right colors.

Took Toxic Rage and went hunting. Killed an alpha rex, 2 alpha raptors, an alpha carno, and a ton of non-alpha things, too. Returned home, podded wyverns and that's all for today.