So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

34 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeap! Carchars get insane. A level 108, NOT perfect tamed, did 200 damage at first. Max blood rage, that jumped to nearly 900. Crazy (by the way, I actually haven't been able to get on for a while, because show crewing and all, so this is actually Syntac's testing-again, go check him out). Plus, they are fast. It's absolutely terrifying to see that charging at you with the speed of a freaking raptor.

Well, that means I REALLY need to get Cupcake a good level mate, so that instead of mere 70 to 199, suitable for hunting small stuff, I could have an all-killing ragemachine that jumps from something decent to something INSANE.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Another try at finding a carcha. Took podded baby rexes and spinos (sorry, but I'm not going to bother with taming and breeding good diplos when I have more of those produced nearly every day), a sanguine elixir, gun, ammo, sino and wyvern (my egg-run fire wyvern, same as last time. Strong enough to handle stuff, ugly enough to not care if things go wrong).

Zoomed between spawns, killing everything. No carchas whatsoever.

Then on one spawn one of the two giant murderbeasts available appeared... But, unfortunately, it was a giga. level 55.

I tried to lure him into water to drown, but he refused to drown. However, he bit my wyvern a few times and the "gnashed" effect didn't really work - icon and blood spray, but no health drain.

So I went back home, unpodded Phobos, took his saddle, repodded him. Saddled one of my breeder females (I'm not risking my actual riding giga, Abaddon. And anyway, they're both 200% at hatch, fully imprinted. The girls just only have passive levels so they're around 300% current while Abaddon is 406%). Podded her, went back, unpodded, killed the wild giga. repodded her, zoomed between spawns, killing stuff some more.

An alpha rex spawned. Unpodded giga again, killed the rex, killed everything else, still no carcha spawned.

Returned home, put the giga back in her place in the breeder row, and that's all for now. Later will check on sidebases and search for carchas some more.

(Official, Extinction) Uploaded dust from the last time, started killing stuff to feed dinos, crashed due to running out of graphics card's memory because normally it plus the flash drive-as-extra-RAM thing are enough, but not when trying to load in four rows of I-didn't-count-but-there's-like-20-AT LEAST-in-each-row cloning chambers (who the hell needs that many?! Even the craziest of the bases I've seen before, one so bad that being near it caused desyncs, had only eleven!). And that's what the neighboring base has.

Started ARK again, lowered resolution to absolute minimum, logged back on, fed dinos. Logged off, put resolution back to normal. I guess I'll just have to make it minimum whenever I log onto Extinction.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Uploaded the third basilisk. Fed dinos. Saw a tropeo, but low level and basest possible colors, so left it alone.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) You know the drill! Breedject babies, shotgun, ammo, sanguine elixir (and some blood packs in case I get hurt), flowers, sino, wyvern, and off to the giga spawns!

First and second yielded nothing.

But in the snows I saw HIM. Light gray, male, already forgot the wild level but it was either 50 or 55.

So I landed my wyvern on a cliff, put most babies and ammo in her inventory so that I won't lose all if things go wrong, waited for the carcha to kill everything and just stand there as carchas do, unpodded a baby rex and killed it, brought it to the carcha...

He sniffed, I dropped it and flew a bit away, he ate it, insta-friendly!

I mounted him, went killing (flowers weren't much good. I mean, great at making prey come to us! But rock elementals were affected too). With lots of murder and a sanguine elixir I got him to around 70%. Then I ran out of time, he threw me off, bit me. But I had good armor so I was crippled but still alive, and it happened while I was still in the process of falling off his back, so being crippled didn't prevent me form escaping on my sino.

Waited for the carcha to kill everything nearby again, unpodded and killed a second rex, offered it, he ate it, re-mounted, tamed him the rest of the way.

Podded him, got back to my wyvern, returned home.

Named the new carcha Arctic. He had 45% melee right after tame, training dummy revealed that with no levels, no rage he hits for around 90 (95, maybe? Already forgot, and didn't think to write it down. Either way. much better than Cupcake)

ASB already updated for carchas, by the way, so now I know that Cupcake's melee pre-leveling is 1 point, and Arctic's - 5.

Took Arctic to the beach for a hunt. Yeah, he's a lot better than Cupcake. Kills most dodos in a single bite, so I was able to get him to 70 pretty fast. Then I took him to the Beaver Lake, he was already strong enough to take on a pack of hyaenodons.

At 100 kills he actually became a semi-impressive killing machine. By that time he was leveled to a bit over 50% melee.

Kept that 100 all the way to the home, tested on a training dummy. 323 at 100 kills, 117 at 0 (I actually wrote that down, so yes, these are the right numbers). Not bad!

Bred him and Cupcake, the egg is female, Arctic's melee, rest of the stats from Cupcake. Stays because 1. First carcha egg! And 2. I want to see what a carcha can do with full imprint.

Downloaded dust and basilisk. Made dust into element, unpodded basilisk and named him Udon't Noodle.

Podded a few tames I don't need at the moment.

Unpodded drakes for a bit of raising.

Fed gachas, not much. Most element form gachas and from the downloaded dust went into generators.

Repodded drakes and that's all for today.

Didn't visit Fjordur sidebase because tomorrow I'll visit it in any case because it'll be drake feeding time.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

sorry, but I'm not going to bother with taming and breeding good diplos when I have more of those produced nearly every day)

Rexes and spinos work just as well-just remember to use adults levelled into health if you want max taming effectiveness. There's lots of prep that goes into taming carchars :).

58 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Also, here's what you do-use babies for the friend thing, and then just use adults levelled into health and heavily wounded so the carchar can easily kill them in one or two hits. Also, be warned-if they take damage, taming effectiveness takes a hit.

I play PVE. I just looked up the method, and even the author in the pinned comment says it won't work for PVE. Sorry for confusion (guess I'll start adding "PVE" to the "Official, mapname" thing to avoid further confusion. Even though it being PVE is pretty obvious from having multiple tames out all the time, even gigas, and the lack of mention of not wild-dino or my own stupidity-related losses. And the fact that the only "raiding" happening is looting of decayed bases)

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Just now, Griffin998 said:

Ah. Sorry mate! Can you not unclaim it and them murderize them, or does it not work that way?

Unclaimed is still tamed. It's nobody's tame, but it's still a tame. That's not yours. Therefore killing it is not allowed on PVE even with friendly-fire methods (weapons, wyverns and such) that work for tames that DO belong to you.

3 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Unclaimed is still tamed. It's nobody's tame, but it's still a tame. That's not yours. Therefore killing it is not allowed on PVE even with friendly-fire methods (weapons, wyverns and such) that work for tames that DO belong to you.

Oof. Sorry man, that sucks. Well, in that case, may I suggest an alternative? Maybe try leading some creatures to it, have them ready, net them, and then eat them with the carchar. It really depends on how determined you really are to get it. Honestly, I'd go for it, but it's up to you. I'm just really spewing ideas here-not really sure how else you'd do it on PvE.

Good luck taming, and happy ARKing!

6 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Oof. Sorry man, that sucks. Well, in that case, may I suggest an alternative? Maybe try leading some creatures to it, have them ready, net them, and then eat them with the carchar. It really depends on how determined you really are to get it. Honestly, I'd go for it, but it's up to you. I'm just really spewing ideas here-not really sure how else you'd do it on PvE.

So far I did it by running around on the carcha and murdering everything in my path. Rare flowers can be helpful... As long as it's not the snow spawn, with the rock elementals. Worked well enough for the two I tamed so far. Leading and netting is unlikely to be any good - as far as I know, you have to ride it to get progress, and a friendly carcha will still attack anything that's close enough - only making an exception for the tamer. So it's likely to be a waste of dinos, that also makes it harder to mount carcha as it runs around chaotically.

• Thanks 1

(Official PVE, Valguero) Planned to do something, but immediately forgot what, so just bred rexes. And imagine that! A new health mut, bringing them to 45 health! That egg went into the incubator with carcha one, while the rest of them stays in the other one. Just so I don't use the baby as next carcha bait by mistake. For now that's all.

Unpodded drakes for raising and went to check the spawns. no babies on me this time, I was literally just checking. But a 90! Male! Nice green (carchas, apparently, are among dinos that don't look like cheap plastic toys in green)!

So back I went, took three rexes and a few spinos.

Started taming. At first things went fine, with a lot of killing and a sanguine elixir got him to around 60%.

Then next rex I wanted to give him was eaten by argents. I killed them, but that's still -1 rex, with no benefit to me at all.

Then I did a stupid thing that I REALLY should have kept for SP testing an not for actual, on-server play: I hopped off of him early an gave him another baby to see if you can just extend friendliness instead of waiting for it to run out and befriending the carcha again.

You can't. Well, at least with this waste of a perfectly good dead baby new knowledge was gained.

Then gave him a spino, with friendship form that got him nearly to 90%

Then another, but that one popped out of existence when I shot it.

And that was the last baby.

Tried killing wild dinos, no good, stegos give plenty, but just not ENOUGH.

Returned home, took some adults out of the fridge. Two stegos, a pachyrhino, and a mana. Lowered their health, repodded, brought them to the carcha. 

No good. And had to harvest pachy myself, because I got stuck in it.

Back home and rex eggs were ready!

Hatched three, went back, he lost quite a lot of progress, was around 60% again. Got him to 91% with two rexes, the third one he couldn't get to quickly enough, so he ate it but gained no friendliness. Also, was almost killed by two allos, but killed them with my shotgun (good thing I had armor and bloodpacks!).

Went back, hatched last fail egg, podded drakes so that I don't lose them, as they got pretty hungry during my carcha adventure, returned to carcha, got him friendly with that final rex, he still was at 91%, killed stuff.

Encountered a pack of allos, not the same that hurt me (on the account of those being dead), but killing them still felt great. A "look big bro, those are the kids that bullied me!" kinda feel, I imagine.

Finally tamed, level 120 (effectiveness was around 60%). 115% melee.

Named him Forest Lord, podded, brought home. Tested on a training dummy, no leveling, no rage - 242 damage per bite. Now that's a good boy!

For now that's all, i need a bit of rest after all that. Later will feed drakes, kill stuff with my newest carcha and whatever.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Got venom, 9 of it. Uploaded it. Fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, downloaded venom, fed them. Remembered I saw some abandoned-looking vaults back when taming Forest Lord, went back there, and yep. Abandoned, decayed. ready for harvesting. Looted them. Nothing great, but an extra incubator is a nice thing to have. Even if I don't need it, I can just break it for resources.

Returned home, took Forest Lord, went hunting. He's so much stronger than the previous two, that I was able to get 100 kills right outside the base, running out of prety was more of a problem than not killing it fast enough. Tested him, still unleveled, at 100 rage - 667 damage per bite.

Took him to the Beaver Lake, hunted more, even killed a level 20 alpha rex (that regeneration is something - he wasn't hurt at all by the end of it!). Leveled him to 156% melee.

Returned home, keeping that 100, tested - 906 damage. Roared to lose the rage, tested - 329.

Nice!

Podded drakes and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 11:58 PM, Boogerpicker1 said:

SE cave.....got lost....is there a way to mark your location on official?

Like throwng down a torch (wiki: 13 minutes)...

any better way?

thx

Wyvern / Deino / Magma Eggs

Purlovia buried (passive) or another dino (eg Dodo) if the place is safe

:)

You can try some items like Hide Sleepeng Bag, Zipline, Bear Trap, Tent, Dino Leash, Minigun, but I'm not sure they can be placed in all places

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded drakes. Moved meat form the trough to maewing, hatched carcha, put her and the new mut rex with the maewing.

Bred rexes, spinos and gigas. All fails (well, that just means more gigas for leveling sinos, and more spinos and rexes for the next time I try for a carcha!)

Podded some more dinos I'm not using (basilisks except for Jormungandr, magmas except for Ferra, one of the maewings, gigas Obsidian and Cyanide (I decided to leave trying to get their colors together for some later time), egg-run wyverns since I'm not planning for any egg-runs, instead of them I unpodded an old crystal ember wyvern - faster, good if I need to go back for more babies when taming a carcha, and much brighter - easy to find).

Bred carchas, no luck - 1 melee. Cracked.

Took Forest Lord of a bit of a hunt. Went through the swamp, ended up near the nearest giga spawn. Didn't stay to see if there's anything there - just chomped the nearest para and used the speed boost to get the hell out of there.

Returned home, checked drakes - pretty hungry. Logged off and on to

(Official PVE, Fjordur). Got venom. And also looted the red cave crate, 370 flak gauntlets BP! That's better than what I have back on Valg. Uploaded venom and BP. Returned home, out the chainsaw away.

(Official PVE, Valguero again) Downloaded venom and BP, fed drakes. Took hoversail, wandered around on it for a while.

Returned home, did a flit run for my next portion of arrows, a meatrun with a giga, filled the tek trough for rex, podded drakes and carcha, and that's all for today (unless I get worried about the rex and log back on to check on her).

(Official PVE, Extinction) Lowered resolution before logging on to it, so things went fine. Counted the cloning chambers on that weirdo neighbour base - 20 in each of two top rows, 8 in each of two bottom ones. Never seen ANY being used, so might just be there to be a lagging, crashing nuisance. Fed dinos. Heard a drop, went to check, but didn't find anything. Must have misidentified sound's direction.

(Official PVE, Lost Island) Fed dinos. Though about going for a new magma egg, but decided against it.

(Official PVE, Crystal Isles) Built a trough (yes, after all this time). Fed dinos, gathered some metal.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded drakes and carcha. Bred rexes and spinos. Hatched fail eggs from the last time - 2 sets of spino twins! Great! Took old fail rex eggs from Noodle - he still has a giga one, he won't starve, and I need them more now that I have use for all those breedjects.

Took an old podded wyvern, one too painfully bright to use, and went to a Lost Island server finally get that hoversail engram. It doesn't deserve its own entry on this post, because nothing happened - I uploaded without it taking so long that I'd get nervous, learned the engram (plus a few other Gen 1/2 ones, since I hate jumping servers and want it to be my last server jump on main character. Better get everything I might potentially want), used my wyvern to fly to the nearest beacon, and returned home. The wyvern was left there (I unclaimed it).

Back home I made new armor, spyglass, tek canteen and food, since I jumped back so fast that nothing on me was ready for my way back home.

Took my hoversail, traveled a bit on it. Jumped over a swimming spino while at that. Because why not.

Returned home, experimented a bit with painting the hoversail, decided on mostly black with some bright green. And named it GamerBoat 3000, because with colors like those it can't be named anything else.

Fed gachas, most element I got form them went into generators.

Took Forest Lord on a hunt, killed a level 20 alpha rex and two rock elementals.

Returned home, podded drakes and carcha, and that's all for today.

(Official PVE, Fjordur) Got venom, uploaded venom, fed dinos.

(Official PVE, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, downloaded venom, fed drakes.

Unpodded carchar baby. Hatched eggs form the last time, decided to not keep giga fail eggs anymore - I have plenty baby gigas in case I need to level a wyvern or a shoulder pet, and I need space for rex/spino ones. LOOOTS of space.

Bred gigas, carchars, rexes and spinos. Carchar stays (male, 19 melee), rest fails. Gigas cracked, rexes and spinos kept for carcha taming.

Scouted spawns, found a 95 female carchar, lovely ginger.

Grabbed some ammo, a sanguine elixir, and 6 baby rexes. 3 with me, and 3 spares on wyvern.

Killed a rex, carchar didn't see it. Trying to drown near someone's base was more important.

Finally got her to sniff it, but she couldn't get to it. Killed another rex - it disappeared.

Another - she sniffed it, ate it, I got her to a bit over 20%. Went back to the wyvern, took remaining babies.

Another - and got her to 40%. But I ran out of things to kill on that shore and made a stupid decision to swim across the lake to another instead of, you know. Riding up and to the mountain and killing things there. Because I'm an idiot.

So she drowned on my way back, like 1/4 her body's length away from where water would be shallow enough for her to stand.

Oops.

Returned home, put remaining two babies into the fridge. Made more ammo, repaired shotgun and left it in the fabricator, took SCUBAs and went for an Abyss loot run. Nothing good, an 80-something yuty saddle, but I can make better. Killed two tusos.

Returned home, fed gachas for some time, most ele went into the gens. Imprinted carcha, podded her and the drakes, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Aberration with friends. Our goal was a secondary base in the crystal swamps. Leading up to this, we took our spinos back up to the surface but drops were disappointing, so everybody got back to their breeding programmes. Except my dumb ass who noticed that this time our zip lines weren't burned away by the rising sun and went back solo. I got cornered by reapers and killed off my mount despite my best efforts. However, in the end I could save everything except my bulbdog. Had to leave two red drops... but next time for sure.

Megalos and spinos are coming along nicely. I also tamed and bred more roll rats and welcomed Ratloaf, Gollum and Röllchen into our team. We collected resources for a proper metal cliff platform and some starter equipment, then wound the long way down into the swamps. One tribemate's still not fully sold on hazmat gear but I've been stocking up for everybody as rock drakes seem like then next logical steps. I have to admit though, the diplo still performs fantastically. It outruns my megalo and nothing except stray drakes attacks it. We set up the metal platform very high up, did more comically long ladders and water pipes, planted some Z Plants for charge light and then waltzed back to green.

(Official PVE, Valguero) The plan was to do a good few hours of ARK right in the morning, but due to non-ARK-related reasons (had to mop up a bucket's worth of water off the kitchen floor. RIGHT after waking up.) I'm no longer in the mood, so just fed dinos, bred carchas and also the now-grown new mut rex female to a clean rex male (carcha stays, right melee. Rex fail, no mut stats inherited), and topped up gens back to 30 in each (from vault, not in the mood to feed gachas now, either).

That's all for now, possibly even for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

Aberration with friends. Our goal was a secondary base in the crystal swamps. Leading up to this, we took our spinos back up to the surface but drops were disappointing, so everybody got back to their breeding programmes. Except my dumb ass who noticed that this time our zip lines weren't burned away by the rising sun and went back solo. I got cornered by reapers and killed off my mount despite my best efforts. However, in the end I could save everything except my bulbdog. Had to leave two red drops... but next time for sure.

Megalos and spinos are coming along nicely. I also tamed and bred more roll rats and welcomed Ratloaf, Gollum and Röllchen into our team. We collected resources for a proper metal cliff platform and some starter equipment, then wound the long way down into the swamps. One tribemate's still not fully sold on hazmat gear but I've been stocking up for everybody as rock drakes seem like then next logical steps. I have to admit though, the diplo still performs fantastically. It outruns my megalo and nothing except stray drakes attacks it. We set up the metal platform very high up, did more comically long ladders and water pipes, planted some Z Plants for charge light and then waltzed back to green.

is it ok if i join is it a dedicated sever?

On 11/15/2022 at 11:14 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

(Official PVE, Valguero) The plan was to do a good few hours of ARK right in the morning, but due to non-ARK-related reasons (had to mop up a bucket's worth of water off the kitchen floor. RIGHT after waking up.) I'm no longer in the mood, so just fed dinos, bred carchas and also the now-grown new mut rex female to a clean rex male (carcha stays, right melee. Rex fail, no mut stats inherited), and topped up gens back to 30 in each (from vault, not in the mood to feed gachas now, either).

That's all for now, possibly even for today.

Hey man... you alright?

1 minute ago, Griffin998 said:

Yep. I find waking up incredibly difficult. I spend a solid 30 minutes struggling to get out of bed in the morning :).

Sometimes same, but that wasn't about the difficulty of waking up, dude. More about waking up, going to the kitchen to eat something before a good few hours of ARK and finding that there's almost enough water on the floor to start building an IRL Ark (but only almost enough, thankfully, so a bucket and a towel were enough).

• Haha 2