So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Podded some of the newly-grown dinos, as well as some other adult ones (for example, no need to have Mega Terry out, since his son is nearly grown already, has his colors AND both parents' best stats).

Hatched the cyan giga, and yeah, she's cyan on back. Should look good enough, once mixed with dark warm gray.  Put her with a meat-filled maewing, filled the tek troughs with meat, too.

Moved the new sino to the coop, podded some weaker females - gotta do stats first, then maybe colors if I don't get anything good when breeding for stats.

Hatched other gigas, podded and put into the leveling fodder fridge.

Bred drakes, allos, gigas, spinos and sinos. One sino stays (male, previous best stats inherited and new best melee, 41), drake stays (right colors, unless I misremembered anything, almost right stats except for melee, female. If I'm not wrong about the colors, then I'll raise her and breed her back to Moss until I get one that's all right colors, all right stats). The rest was no good.

Fed gachas for some time.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Looked for high level tropeos. Found no tropeos at all. Fed dinos.

(Official, Fjordur) Got killed again. But I had nothing on me anyway, and my yuty killed and harvested the rex that killed me, so I didn't even need to do a meatrun to feed the dinos - the meat was ready!

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

That's all for now, will try to remember to log back on later to check on the giga.

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the giga, and yeah, she's doing fine. 7% grown, ready for imprint. Imprinted her, restacked meat in the maewing, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Huh. Cool. That's a nice contrast between the gray and the cyan :). If you've got stat mutations, you could try testing it on the little val broodmother. Be careful though-if the fight's going badly, just peace-those things can do a pretty decent amount of damage, and I think I've seen one with 2 million+ health (this was on difficulty 6).

On Panterrra, a 140 Pelagornis was attracted to Smelly Beach and I was close to unlocking the saddle, so I tamed it. I bred up a travelling dimorph friend and rode out on my tek raptor to keep exploring and find a better base spot. Found a better dimorph and had the old one follow, but a theri took offence and murdered it. Not long after, a curious event colored sino approached me and I ditched the new dimorph too, but that one survived and is currently safe at our new base spot. Before we found that, our group had grown by another tek raptor, the prettiest event iguanodon I ever owned and a dinopithecus. I'm almost disappointed that I got the uber monke so early in the game.

I'm still not convinced by how the map looks. The terrain is beautifully formed, extreme verticality and interesting shapes, but much of that is covered in a single green tiled texture which is a complete eyesore. Wonder if the devs simply looked at it for so long that they don't really perceive it any more. But around green ob, the landscape changed into an enchanted swampland that even makes Vanaheim look boring, and something as simple as a new set of ground textures made all the difference in the world. We found a naturally enclosed safe spot between mushrooms, rocks and the edge of a bioluminescent shallow lake. I set up spikes and a bed, left my new dinos and fast travelled back to Smelly Beach.

With the pelagornis saddle finally unlocked, I grabbed my smithy and transported it to the new place. I still hadn't found any crystal so I explored a nearby cave and harvested a few nodes. Didn't get much but enough for a handful of soul traps, a water jar and hopefully a spyglass. I need a doedic if I want to build there, and now I can realistically move one through the swamp. I noped out when a lightning wyvern showed up near the crystal cave and returned home.

Edited by riceandvegetable

10 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Huh. Cool. That's a nice contrast between the gray and the cyan :). If you've got stat mutations, you could try testing it on the little val broodmother.

As for the stat muts - so far there's one melee mut on my current gigas. But no spider-testing would be needed - my current ones, even before the mut, had 200% base melee, and the Valg's broodmom was handled pretty well even by one of my previous, 125% melee ones.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Early in the morning checked on the giga. She was doing fine, I imprinted her and moved remaining meat from the maewing to a tek trough.

Just now imprinted giga again, saddled my newly-grown megatherium (his name is Tyranid Eater) and went on a leveling/chitin run. Leveled him to 10000 health and 500+% melee, even killed an alpha (well, skeletal) carno!

Returned home, put chitin into the storage, topped up tek troughs, podded two newly-grown magmas, hatched drake (I was wrong, not all colors are right - wrong feathers. Off to the leveling fodder fridge she goes!), and that's all for now.

Checked on the giga (doing fine, troughs so full that no refill is needed), imprinted her.

Moved new sino male to the coop, podded old one. Bred sinos, drakes and rexes. One sino egg stays (female, clean, all right stats), drake and rex staying too (drake female, most right stats, this time really all the right colors, rex male, mut stats inherited).

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

13 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Valg's broodmom was handled pretty well even by one of my previous, 125% melee ones

Dang. Yeah, gigas are insane no matter the mutations. Just a wild tame could probably take on some bosses. Mutated ones could 100% take on the broodmother (if you could bring them into boss arenas) and maybe the thicc monkey (have you seen that behind? chonk 100).

Panterra... what even is this map? Mountains stacked upon mountains stacked upon mountains. It's the grandest thing in terms of scale I've ever seen. You could put hundreds of players there and they'd never meet each other. The size of the whole thing is disheartening. I just wanted a doedic... I flew on and on without finding a single one. Crossed into the redwoods biome, where a lot of the terrain is still not fixed or solid and then tried to find the south-west corner of the map. When my character left the drawn map, there was still more land. I spotted a little mission terminal and thought that would be a little easteregg to mark the corner... nope, there was still more land. My positon arrow left my mapbook altogether. More. Land. I'd been on that journey for an hour just flying in one direction and began to feel that I was doing it all wrong. This map is probably amazing on the cluster where people just need space! But imo totally unsuited for single players. Large parts of it look really rough as well but at the same time it's got sights that are almost shockingly beautiful, like Tree Biome at night. Anyway, I'll unsub for now unless I'll join the cluster... the community still seems extremely nice. Will be keeping the sino and the iguanodon though, they can live on Caballus with me.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the giga, imprinted her, hatched eggs and podded babies. That's all for now.

Planned a 100 rune run using ARK wiki's map - only runes that are NOT in dangerous places (trenches, onyc-containing caves, deep redwoods). That got me 88 (plans changed a bit later, a few turned out to be in too dangerous areas, had to be replaced partially by ones in safe-ish caves, forgot about another, but 86 that I ended up with was good enough) in Midgard, rest in Asgard.

Lowered graphics' quality to as little as I can without it causing my eyes to try to leave my skull.

Unpodded my old bat, Konrad. He had saddle, which is fortunate. Put all of his accumulated during podding levels into stam. Repodded him, waited for server save, hopped onto a Fjordur server.

(Official, Fjordur) Spawned in Vannaland, South. Unpodded Konrad and went rune-hunting.

Got the nearest ones to my spawn, then went to that swamp island (sorry, don't remember the name. Most location names on Fjordur sound to me like a drunk Viking choking on gravel, and I can't memorize what I can barely read), grabbed the non-cave runes there.

Then Vardiland, grabbed all surface runes there.

Then the volcano island, that's where my plans had to be changed a bit - didn't realize while planning that a few runes there were too close to the trench.

Then island between the volcano and Vardiland, then Vardiland itself. Waited for night, grabbed runes in the cave with nameless venom.

When looking for the ones near Redwoods, spotted a decayed vault. Looted that. Couldn't get everything, but did take all jumping pads, a cryofridge, a transmitter, a replicator, tek double frame and door, some tek lights, and (my first time seeing one of those!) electronic binoculars.

Waited for nearest save (grabbed a couple of runes while at that) uploaded that sweet, sweet loot.

Finished the Midgard part of my run with the rune in Hidden Worlds and went to Asgard.

Wasn't hard to get the remaining runes there.

The whole run took me a bit over 5 hours. Would be less if it wasn't for extra-laggy megabases (I get it. Big bases are cool. But are all those astrocetus really necessary?).

Tried to travel back to Valguero.

"You were kicked by BattleEye, reason: client not responding"

So there I am, my heart physically switching places with brain, judging by how it felt. and just generally nervous as hell.

So I try to log onto Valg.

Connection timeout.

\I waited for a little bit, tried again.

Took a looong time to load.

But finally, thankfully, not character creation menu, but survivor download one.

I download myself, I spawn on my bed, I grab my sino, I download all the loot, and that's all for now.

Later I'll log back on to top up the tek troughs, feed gachas, maybe hunt something for a bit of Exp, but right now I just need a break.

Okay, break's over. Placed some of the tek lights, stored the rest in a vault.

Tested the binoculars. A fun toy, but not much more. Spyglass is better - at least it doesn't require me to be on foot.

Replaced my house's door (upper one. I go outside by jumping off the balcony with my sino much more often than I do it by exiting like a normal human being through the door on first floor), and installed the new cryofridge.

Took Abaddon, went hunting. Killed a lot of hyaenodons and sabers, then went to the swamp, killed stuff there, too. Gonna take a lot more to push me to the next level, but I'm not in any hurry (especially since the engram I'm leveling (hoversail. Can't just be forever-careful with the only one I have!) for isn't available on Valg, and I think it'll be quite a long time before I'm brave enough to transfer again).

Returned home, topped up the tek trough for the giga. Imprinted giga (her final imprint!).

Unpodded drake, fed gachas for a while, most element went into generators.

Repodded drake (1% grown) and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

Panterra... what even is this map? Mountains stacked upon mountains stacked upon mountains. It's the grandest thing in terms of scale I've ever seen. You could put hundreds of players there and they'd never meet each other. The size of the whole thing is disheartening.

Now that's my kind of map. But then I play on console. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Tried to travel back to Valguero.

"You were kicked by BattleEye, reason: client not responding"

So there I am, my heart physically switching places with brain, judging by how it felt. and just generally nervous as hell.

So I try to log onto Valg.

Connection timeout.

\I waited for a little bit, tried again.

Took a looong time to load.

But finally, thankfully, not character creation menu, but survivor download one.

I download myself, I spawn on my bed, I grab my sino, I download all the loot, and that's all for now.

Later I'll log back on to top up the tek troughs, feed gachas, maybe hunt something for a bit of Exp, but right now I just need a break.

#ARKed

:) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griffin998 said:

#ARKed

:) 

Well, it could have been worse (I mean, I was sure I'll lose my survivor and therefore everything I worked hard to get (or had mad luck to get. That piece of territory my base is built on? Pure luck). So I'd say 5/10 on the ARKedness scale: pretty bad, had potential to be seriously bad, but at the end of it did more damage to my nervous system than to anything actually important.

I had that today... wanted to get an artifact on Caballus for a quest that's been updated. The cave is Rockwell themed and near the end there's a part that I call "the Thyla room". That's where the game decided to crash.

That was the final straw. Did a massive rollback of my display drivers and have my fingers crossed that this fixes the increased crashes.

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Chomped some lampposts, uploaded dust. Fed dinos. 

(Official, Crystal Isles) Looked for high-level tropeos. Found none, also my kibble was stolen by a pego and my ptera ate it when I killed the pego. Oops. Found a tropeo after all, right near my base. Not high-level at all, though - only 15. Okay colors, though. Trapped, regular-bolaed, hurt to make it starve, chain-bolaed, tamed with raw meat (and a bit of prime). Podded, will upload later.

(Official, Fjordur) There were two alphas outside. A raptor and a carno. Had to kill them. Fed dinos.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded dust. Bred drakes in case I'll get something even better than what I already have. And, well, the scales are wrong, but rest of colors and stats are right, and it's a female. So I'm keeping her, will raise her and the previous one both. And that's all for now.

Okay, so this second part of today was largely to test a little something. You see, I did that thing where a flash drive is formatted and used for extra RAM, wanted to see if it'll affect my ARK experience, and... IT DID. Looks like most of my "lag problems" were just RAM problems, actually.

So, (Official, Valguero) Unpodded the drake and left her to grow. Took my rollrat, went on a wood run. For the first time ever, was able to roll for 1/3 worth of his stam instead of a stutter stopping me after a few meters. Good sign already, though can be "blamed" on the server feeling unusually good.

Then, after moving all the wood to the vault, I took my hoversail.

Out of the base I went and on the lake, right past a rather laggy base, with a tower, a few large, fully enclosed boxes, and a ton of dinos. You get the picture. Not the worst, but definitely not a "just zoom past it" one for someone with a weak PC like mine. Wandering near it could result in a hard time turning back, so laggy it can get.

Well, didn't exactly zoom past it, but was only slowed to the minimum of about 12 FPS - still high enough to stay in control, turning as I please and even doing tricks when it went a bit higher.

Then took my ice egg-run wyvern. Went to the trench, but not right away - first a few loops around that same base - maybe on hoversail I just wasn't close enough to be affected?

Nope. Flew around it fine. Same low-but-still-not-a-slideshow FPS.

To the trench I went, circling a few more big bases on my way - and flying around them just fine. No need to stay high up, out of everything's rendering range, to enjoy a mostly-uninterrumted flight.

In the trench killed a few wyverns. No lag there, either. Not surprising at that point.

Back, and on my way back - a nice loop over a base with a few astrocetus floating above it. And still went nice.

Returned home, the drake was ready to have her first meal, so I logged off and on to

(Official, Fjordur). Took my chainsaw and my yuty, went into the cave. About 2 seconds to go in - unusually fast. So, definitely the flash drive thing doing wonders, and not just my main server feeling good.

Harvested one node, 15 venom. Waited for upload, killed some stuff in the mean time. Uploaded, exited the cave. About 5 seconds. Again, unusually fast. Normally it's more like a full minute. Returned home and put the chainsaw away.

(Official, Valguero) Fed drake, hunted with my bat, made elixir, used it on the drake and fed her again. Repodded her and that's all for today.

Okay, wasn't ALL for today because I was still awake, and event started, and update dropped. So

(Unmodded singleplayer, the Island) Spawned a few low-level wild carchas and tried to figure out their taming on my own. Then saw the actual method on Reddit, felt dumb, tried that, yep, it works, it's good, it probably can be done (wonder about best trap, classic box with ramp, but huge and one wall a tek behem gate? Well, considering that I play on Official PVE, I'll probably have to make do with whatever whoever claimed the territory comes up with).

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes and the rex (the one that was finally male and with both mut stats), took Ekimma (my bat) and a shotgun with some ammo, and went to check giga spawns because according to another comment on Reddit, that's where carchas are maybe supposed to be and at the moment that's all the info I have, so might as well try. One was empty, other two contained low-level gigas. Returned home with nothing.

Took Abaddon and went killing stuff. Tek dino hunting was somewhat profitable, got enough dust for 1 element and 60 shards. Also, I got a level and Abaddon got one, too. Mine went into weight, just because 350 is neater than 340, and his, naturally, into melee. He's a giga after all. Though it was a pity to lose his 404% melee - I mean, 406% is better, bot 404 is FUNNIER.

Returned home, decided that might as well get some more levels while they're fast, unpodded some fail gigas and shot them. That got 3 levels for me (all into crafting skill) and 10 for my sino (all into weight).

Drakes got hungry enough, logged on to

(Official, Fjordur), took chainsaw and yuty, and... There were no nodes.

Waited, nothing.

Went outside, took bat, wandered around for a while, returned - nothing.

Logged off for

(Official, Valguero) again: bred gigas (all fails), imprinted one drake, podded both, and that's actually all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Did the current version of the Caballus Adventure, which was a lengthy dungeon crawl without any crashes, thanks to the driver rollback I guess. The cave got a few extra details, like the demented scribbles of a previous explorer, which were wonderfully creepy, and a new numbers riddle. It took me a while to realize what I was looking for but then I gradually found them all. They unlocked an absolutely stunning room with bright nodes of "Shimmer Element", which is going to be used in a future update. I stuffed my pockets full. Getting all the stuff back to the exit transmitter was a bit of a chore, since that is in the center of a jumping puzzle in a giant lava room, but I've had enough forced practice to be halfways competent at that. Teleported out, brought loot home feeling very pleased with myself, updated cave guide on reddit.

(Unmodded singleplayer, the Island) More carcha testing. Spawned a 150 this time, since I have the mechanism figured out already and just needed to see how it'll work once I get one for real (meaning, on official). Taming speed unaltered, I was able to get it to a bit over 50% in one go. Can't remember whether SP settings were on or off, though, so actual experience may vary.  Once the carcha can't be ridden anymore (whether done with its friend mode, or tamed), rider gets launched high and far off its back. For safety, I assume. Parachutes would be good to have. Sino - better. More importantly, tamed dinos CAN be used to make it friendly. So that fridge of baby giga breedjects I have on Valg? Totally gonna come in handy.

(Official, Fjordur) Tried to get venom. No nodes.

(Official, Extinction) Dust run! Flew around on a wyvern, chomping lampposts. Uploaded 41 full stack of dust. Have more, but it didn't fit (wiki says it's 50 slots. Terminals themselves say it's 50 slots. But I tried to upload 42-th, like, 5 times, and it gave me time-out each time). Eh, next time.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded dust and made it into element. 12 split between the generators, rest went into the vault.

Took a few podded baby gigas, shotgun and bat, went looking for carchars. No carchars.

Returned home, bred drakes and gigas. Gigas no good, drake male, all right colors, right health, weight and melee, wrong stam but eh. With 38 melee I guess I can sacrifice a few points in favor of stamina.

Remembered about dung beetles, refilled their trough.

Giga's nearly adult, named her Cyanide.

And that's all for now.

Another run over the giga spawns, nothing. Returned home, uploaded the carcha kit (babies, gun, ammo, sino). Also, hatched drake. I had regions mixed up, he is NOT the right color (I forgot which was feathers and which was underscale. So he ended up being with light brown FEATHERS, which is unacceptable)

(Official, Crystal Isles) Downloaded all that, went to giga spawns, nothing. Repodded sino, uploaded the kit again. And uploaded the tropeo, too.

(Official, Extinction) Uploaded last time's dust, downloaded the other stuff (except for tropeo, of course). But turns out I forgot to upload the ammo. Crafted some. Went to the snow dome... Carcha! not high level, but fairly good looking.

Buuut it turned out that I really should have tested if the sacrificial babies are draggable. They aren't. Wasted ammo for nothing killing them. Left the carcha alone. Uploaded pods and shotgun. not sino, though. He'll stay on Ext. 

(Official, Fjordur) Another try at getting venom, another failure. Well, that's how it goes during events! I'll get mine once it's over.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the stuff. Made dust into element. Took OTHER fail babies, ones that I know I can carry after killed, and went looking for carchas. Spent a long time killing things on the giga spawns. Nope, nothing. 

Rage...

Who said "quit"?

Nope! Rage-bred three fire wyverns, and uploaded their eggs, an empty cryo and a gasmask. If I can't get a carcha during the high rates, then I'll at least get SOMETHING!

(Official, Crystal Isles) Downloaded the stuff and went to the basilisk spawns. Looked for a while, nothing. Except for a titano stuck on top of some trees.

But then, a glimpse of blue! A basilisk, unburied, and a 135 at that! I dropped an egg and waited for him to kill his prey (a trike and a dilo). He did that, saw the egg, ate the egg, and that's my first ever danger noodle of unusual size.

Spent some time looked for another - I brought enough for three, so I'm getting at least two!

For a while, nothing. Then a level 20. After a 135, you can't just give me a twenty. She wasn't worth a dodo egg, let alone a wyvern one.

Then saw two, buried. One surfaced to catch a snail, level 50, not particularly great.

The other, and 85. Better. Put the gasmask on and quickly dismounted-remounted to get her attention, threw an egg, she ate it. Boom! Done. Podded.

Then I saw a third one, got his attention, but he really wanted to kill me and wanted no eggs. So I tried to get one that spawned where the 85 used to be, but they both came so in the end I'm not sure which one I got.

Uploaded two basilisks, didn't have the patience to wait for the third's uploading time.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded basilisks, named (Jormungandr and Naga), made two saddles, only saddled Jorm for now, though. Exported their stats, Jormungandr has 28 health, 28 stam, 32 weight and 25 melee. Naga has 29 food, and that's her highest stat. So, she's a spare, not a snake to actually use if there's a choice.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Fjordur) Took chainsaw, took yuty, into the cave, NODES! Harvested one, uploaded venom (and the loot accumulated during the fail runs).

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, downloaded venom and loot, fed drakes.

Took a few fail baby gigas, leveled Jormungandr with them. Also got the final, 115 level for myself.

Took three podded babies (drake, tek rex, and a spino that wasn't really a fail, but not important and only thing that's small enough to carry AND see where I'm going as I carry it AND sure to give a nice amount of trust), and went to the giga spawns.

First one - nothing.

Second one...

Carcha!

Level 20, but still, a carcha is a carcha.

First I unpodded a baby rex. Killed, started dragging to my soon-to-be-tame... Ants.

Then she ran to the abb cave, I landed with my sino onto the rock above it... Had to kill a carno and a raptor for safety. Then sinochuted down, unpodded drake, killed, brought to the carcha, she sniffed it and ate it! Didn't make her friendly right away, but about 60% isn't bad.

Then I unpodded and killed the spino, gave that to her, boom! Friendly!

Mounted her and went to kill stuff.

Important fact: not sure about other alphas, but alpha carnos can't be used for taming - carcha's bite doesn't do anything to them. It's like trying to bite a ghost. So, no easy tames if you thought about using that.

I killed brontos and diplos, sabers and raptors, and everything else that was there (only one rex. I think it would have been faster if there were more rexes). Argents were pretty good, compared to everything else, so leaving corpses unharvested as a bait is a good idea for when the area's low on the good prey.

It was 30 seconds to friend mode's end when I finally got her tamed. named her Cupcake (not wasting a cool name on a level 20. Also, "C'mere, Cupcake" was what I said when she got friendly but instead of letting me mount her decided that a para corpse nearby looks yummy and must be eaten now, and ran off to get it).

Podded her, brought her home, made a saddle, took her on a hunt. She struggles even with dodos (as expected form someone her level), and gets less melee per point than a giga. But otherwise fun.

Returned home, podded drakes, that's all for now.

Unpodded drakes again. Bred rexes, spinos, drakes and gigas. Perfect drake! Female, all stats, all colors (lo light brown, so no regions for me to mistake for the right one).

Gigas all fails, leveling fodder.

Rest of non-drakes all fails too, some of them will be going with me on the next carcharo taming trip.

Took Cupcake and went to the beach to see if that blood rage can get useful if I stack it as high as it goes.

As it turns out, it goes to 100, at 50 she was already killing weaker dodos with one bite, and at 100 I took her up to Beaver Lake and she was fine killing hyaenodons, mammoths and stegos.

Took her home (while continuing to kill stuff to keep that 100), tested her on a training dummy, turns out at max rage she hits for 199 (she's leveled to a bit over 30% melee now and without any blood rage she hits for around 70).

Repodded drakes and that's all for today.

Okay, wasn't all for today. because I realized rex eggs should be ready, so logged on, hatched four, podded, took them, gun, ammo, sino, rare flowers (to lure dinos to me. Should be better than spending a minute out of ten chasing a single one), and even a sanguine elixir.

Went to the giga spawns. Only two of them, because I really don't like the snow biome for anything but wyvern egg runs. I'm much more familiar with forests and mountains.

Nothing and nothing.

Killed everything, waited for new spawns. Nothing and nothing.

Again.

Nothing and a level 15 giga.

Tried to lure her into the lake, failed.

BUT!

She ended up running up a cliff and getting stuck on it, face in the depths of stone, toothless, defenseless behind open to all winds. Also to gunshots and wyvern breath.

So I slowly, bit by bit, chipped away at her health with my wyvern's flames, until the giga was no more.

Went to the other spawn, killed stuff.

Went back.

Giga. Again. 95 this time, so can't even risk to try and lure it away - too dangerous.

Focused on the other spawn, killing and killing and killing.

Nothing.

Got tired of it all, returned home, put rexes into the "leveling fodder" fridge.

Hatched the drake, and yes. Yesss! She's perfect. Might even just use her as my mount instead of breeding her back to Moss in hopes for perfect looks/perfect stats male.

But for now I just podded it and that's actually all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On 11/5/2022 at 4:46 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

One was empty, other two contained low-level gigas. Returned home with nothing.

What you've gotta do is kill everything that you don't want there, leave render, and come back (also, just a tip-Carchars have the capability to be the strongest creatures in ARK. Just putting that out there :). I personally am a big fan. They're fast, powerful, look amazing...what's not to like?

On 11/6/2022 at 12:41 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

Jormungandr and Naga

Excellent names for such powerful creatures.. Sorry about the previous post-I did not know you had already done that! By the way, check out Raasclark's video on perfect taming a Carchar. If not, I'll explain succinctly-tame high level diplos, and get lots of mutations and levels into health (my suggestion is just get a high level tamed and levelled, unless you want to go for carchar mutations-then go for mutations into health on the diplos). That seems to be what matters. You'll need ~14 to tame a 150 when it's in friend mode, and ~4 babies or so I think to get it into friend mode (tested on official rates, I'm pretty sure). Should come out perfect tamed unless something else screws it up.

Good luck taming, and happy ARKing!

6 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Yeap! Carchars get insane. A level 108, NOT perfect tamed, did 200 damage at first. Max blood rage, that jumped to nearly 900. Crazy (by the way, I actually haven't been able to get on for a while, because show crewing and all, so this is actually Syntac's testing-again, go check him out). Plus, they are fast. It's absolutely terrifying to see that charging at you with the speed of a freaking raptor.