So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake and sino (also, named the sino, she's Kimmy now), bred gigas, rex pair and spinos (nothing good).

Bred sinos, one egg stays, clean female, Wonder's stam and weight inherited.

Fed gachas, all went into gens because I skipped gachas yesterday.

Took my egg run fire wyvern to try and get some new fire eggs, barely any were even still non-expired. I got 1 180, and then I got killed near exit because it's been so long that I completely forgot to kill off the ice ones outside.

Respawned, took my ice egg run wyvern, went there, grabbed my bag...

Got killed by a wolf before I could remount.

Respawned, took tropeo, went back there, killed wolves, got my bag, got my sino (he survived! Somehow).

Remounted wyvern, abandoned tropeo as a distraction. I was barely using him anyway, and maybe if I decide to start seriously using tropeos I should get some new wild-tames, high level this time. Just a thought, no guarantee I'll really do it.

Returned home, checked the egg - awful stats, bland colors. Cracked.

Unpodded my old fire wyverns to see which one's good enough to use as a new egg-run wyvern. Ended up picking Mira - after being leveled to 10000 health and 2000 stam she still had enough points left to reach 500% melee (numbers rounded down, of course - don't expect me to remember everything to a point)

Went back to the trench, killed the ice wyverns this time, and went into the fire part. Spent a while in there, eating low-level eggs, killing wyverns and waiting for respawns, but, unfortunately, best I could get was a 95. Well, at least whoever's there next won't have insta-decaying eggs.

Returned home, checked the egg, cracked the egg. it was expectedly bad.

Podded Kimmy and the drake (oh, and drake also has a name now. Iced Pumpkin. You know, 'cuz blue scales and orange underscale). And that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded Kimmy the sino and spent some time riding around on drake, then griffin, then bat to pass the time until her imprint. Also made a 298 pike during that time, to poke fail baby gigas with once she's grown to get her some levels. Imprinted her.

(Official, Lost Island) Made a trough, fed dinos. For now that's all, will play more later.

(Official, Valguero) Logged on very briefly to see how the sinos are doing. And also to see if verifying integrity of game files fixed the weird little problem I've been having. The results are: sinos are doing fine, Kimmy almost adult and the other one fully adult, I moved her to the coop, and as for the problem - yep, that fixed it, ground clutter now no longer teleports to the sky when using orbit camera. For now that's all.

Unpodded Iced Pumpkin the drake. Bred sinos, one egg stays. Bred rexes too, no luck, right stats not inherited. Unpodded a spino and an allo for raising. Hatched fail gigas and unpodded a fail allo, killed them with now-adult Kimmy on my shoulder to level her up. Most went into stam, over 2000 now, a point or two into weight.

Decided that might as well try for good tropeos today, so uploaded kibble, some metal ingots, some cryopods and a podded saddled ptera, but didn't go to CI right away. Instead logged off and on to

(Official, Fjordur), went into the cave, harvested a venom node and uploaded the venom (and I think I didn't forget to put away the chainsaw after returning home, but I don't remember. let's just hope I didn't)

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the venom, fed drake, put the rest of the venom into a bin with salt.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Retrieved kibble, pods, ptera and metal, got some obsidian and cementing paste, made a few chain bolas, harvested and smelted some more metal, made two more chain bolas. Took ptera, went looking for tropeos. Found one level 25, nothing else, and the server's a lagfest today. After about an hour I got tired of it and returned home. Maybe will try again tomorrow.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the drake again. Hatched new sino, put her with the maewing. Added more meat to the trough for allo and spino. Podded drake and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Aberration with friends. Two of them are playing the map for the first time so I'm trying to nudge them towards the funner things you can do there. One still can't get over the shenannigans you can do with a Karkinos, of which I trapped another good one. Pocket crab is the way. Still unlucky with spinos, though. Since our max dino level is 30, the best melee we currently have is 4...
We also tried to get the most out of Fear Evolved and went way out into the blue zone to look for event colored dinos. My other friend accidently ruined or killed two separate ravagers that I wanted, but we found ourselves a first baryonyx and a good purple megalosaurus. A few more sessions and I give us a realistic chance at beating the Hidden Grotto.
Everyone also got a valuable lession on the utility of Hazmat gear since we kept passing through the same cold spore cloud and skirted the radioactive areas.
My partner laid the foundations for a metal outpost in blue but wanted running water there, which led to the construction of the longest ladder and water pipe I've ever seen, and three fatal or near fatal drops into the same karkinos infested lake. Then I died trying to reach a candycorn drop underwater. Then to a skeletal raptor. Then I accidently threw my bulbdog into a ravager pack. Then my partner's shinehorn got eaten by a crab. Then a random forgotten otter died to a rock drake as well. Good old Aberration fun.
Another fun thing is that my partner really, really likes diplos and actually uses them. While they are not radiation proof, they get ignored by predators and you can move the entire tribe around the map very quickly, especially with halloween candy. I'm enjoying the heck out of that. Back at base, I fenced in a new area to get the new dinos breeding, and when that was done, we called it a night and logged out.

Edited by riceandvegetable
  • Haha 1

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drake, moved new sino to the rest, bred sinos. Nothing good. Podded a few dinos i don't use.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, harvested some dust because I skipped some gacha feeding on Valg, uploaded dust, made mindwipe tonic, respecced (MOAR weight now. 500+), harvested and uploaded more dust, 18 whole stacks plus most of a nineteenth if we count with the previously uploaded ones.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded dust, made it into element, put most into generators until 30 in each again. Fed gachas, all from them+what was left form what I brought form Ext went into the vault. That's +13 element! Seventh stack is almost finished (I'm not saving for anything, I just like to have a lot of resources). Moved new spino and his mother to their proper places, killed the one that I needed the mut stat form, since it and the rest of good stats (except for oxygen) are on the new one. As for the previous, non-mutated male - I'll pod him. Later. If I don't forget.

Bred gigas and the rex pair, nothing good. Was about to crack giga eggs, but realized it's better to keep them as EXP bags for the sinos.

(Official, Fjordur) Yep, I DID put away the chainsaw last time! I also wasn't dead this time, so it would have been fine even if I forgot, but still, better not to forget. Harvested a venom node and some condensed gas, uploaded that. Also killed some salmons and harvested their dermises, uploaded that too. Fed dinos, put the chainsaw away.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the uploaded stuff, fed drake. Since she's nearly 50% grown which, according to past experience and to the rock drake food calculator, means that she'll last an absolutely ridiculous amount of time, she'll be staying out. Also, what venom she didn't eat right away was placed with salt into her own inv.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos and decided to find some nicely colored whatever level sinos, but instead I found a bland male 150 and tamed that. And tomorrow I'll send him to Valguero because lil' dude has some mad stats. I mean, 46 stam AND 40 damage? Holy titanosaur poop! That's a breeder sino if I've ever seen one, him and Wonder will make a wonderful couple and pump out So. many. Great. Eggs!

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Technically it IS the next day. Doesn't make it any less so just because I haven't slept between it and the previous one. So:

(Official, Lost Island) Uploaded the new sino.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the sino, named him Bird Lord (I mean, with stats like those, he deserves it, I think) and moved him to the coop. Killed Sparkle, the previous breeder male. Checked how the drake is doing, she could last some more time, but I decided not to risk it so on

(Official, Fjordur) I took my yuty and my chainsaw and went into the cave. It was a minute away form the server save! If I didn't have to deal with a pack of ravagers that was uncomfortably close to the venom node, I would have been done with the whole think in, like, 5 minutes (3 of which would have been spent waiting for the world outside to load as I exit the cave). But nope, had to spend 15 minutes in there. Aaanyway, finally uploaded the venom, all 10 of it (that's from one node, in case anyone wants to be angry at me for hogging all the green goo), returned home, put the chainsaw away.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the venom, fed drake. She inhaled five of it and I force-fed her another one, and left the rest in her inventory in case she happens to need it before it spoils. And that's all for now.

Checked on the drake, she's adult now and I moved her to the trough.

Bred drakes and sinos, nothing good. Had a stam mut on a sino, but it was on the wrong inherited stam. Sorry, little unhappened non-bird, but mutating on inherited 35 just doesn't cut it when you could have inherited 46 instead.

And that's all for now/today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Bred sinos, drakes and allos, one sino and one allo staying. And the drake was ALMOST right! But low melee, so cracked anyway.

Took honey, fishing rod for refreshing it, salt, bat and two cryopods and went to the Abb cave for a pair of rollrats.

At first found nothing good, then - a level 100 female. Which is also not good, but better than everything else there was, so I tamed her and named her Judy. Podded her and went looking for a male. Got my bat another level along the way, he now has 700% melee.

Finally found a male rollrat worth taming: level 130, event colors but not too painful to look at. Killed all the raptors around him so that nothing disturbs us, tamed him, named him Plague, podded. The stats aren't great on either of them, but they'll do - after all, they're just "hey, might as well get those" tames rather than serious ones.

Returned home, bred rats, the baby got mom's colors (good) and her stats (not good, but stays anyway - gonna keep the originals at home and only use their offspring).

Hatched allo and sino, put sino with the maewing, podded allo for later.

Took Cernunnos on a thatch run, was fine, got him another level and plenty of thatch, then game crashed right outside of my base so I got killed by a deinonychus. But since Cernunnos and Kimmy weren't on passive, they killed the deinon and Cenunnos was only missing most of his health instead of being just plain dead, so I brought them in, and I got my deathbag, and made a ton of arrows for the gachas.

Fed gachas, most went into the generators.

Bred gigas, nothing good, but gonna keep and hatch the eggs and save the babies for when I next need to level a sino.

The rollrat was finally born and podded for later, and that's all for today.

Logged in after work to discover that I was offline raided...

Now the two things that ticked me off were the following.

1. I logged of last night thinking life was groovy but by my own over confident stoned state of mind I did not see my fatal flaw. My blocker boat was to close to my main boat and hence gave a chance to wave a C4 decorated wood sausage up against the Metal Leed.    My bad.

2. I had just placed 4 sea mines right before I parked up for the night. I think the overconfidence placed in the sea mines was my undoing.  They also did nothing and I think they just disappeared on their own, no record of them in the logs. 

So overall I'm annoyed at myself,  but whatever this is ark pvp after all.  Time to roll one....

4 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

My blocker boat was to close to my main boat and hence gave a chance to wave a C4 decorated wood sausage up against the Metal Leed.    My bad.

You could have said the dinghy box powered the flux capacitor via a polyethylene tubing birdcage system, and it would have made more sense to me.

(I've only really played pve-never pvp) XD 

Edited by Griffin998

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, did a yellow drop. Loot's not great, but kept it anyway, will send it to main base later.

(Official, Lost Island) It was evening on it when I logged on, so I decided to steal a magma egg. Took my bat, went there. Lowered game's resolution and sky quality before going, so that nothing ruins my already low chances of success.

Got to the cave, went into the cave, saw no magmas, none at all! But there were two eggs right near entrance, a 95 and a 140. Took the 140 one and bolted the hell out of there before it turns out that I just didn't notice the magmas or something like that.

Grabbed a candy corn beacon while waiting for the server save, there was a lesser antidote in it, so after I uploaded the egg and returned to the swamp, I intentionally allowed an infected leech to bite me. Then jumped into the campfire to get rid of the leech, drank the antidote, and now I have the "Cure-all" achievement. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded the baby rollrat for raising, hatched and podded fail gigas.

Bred rexes and drakes, nothing good. Downloaded the magma egg. It's female, stats kinda suck, but keeping anyway because magma.

For now that's all.

(Official, Lost Island) again. Went for magmas again. On my way there found the remains of a decayed base: two vaults and several tek storages. Storages were still far form decaying, but vaults were ready for looting, and loot I did.

Of course, I couldn't take everything - I only had a low-weight bat with me, but I did take all the artifacts from one vault (the other, unfortunately, contained the same set, so I had to leave them), some saddles (gacha, gasbags, bary, rex, spino, daeo, ROLLRAT! One of each and all as items rather than BPs, but that's good too), a bit of mutagel (like, 40. An useless amount, but gonna keep it anyway), 2 tek lights, 1 jump pad (sure, I can make jump pads. But never say no to a free tek item!), a tek hoversail, and three tek storages.

Uploaded all that glorious loot, and then, finally, to the magma nests I went.

The cave I previously looted still housed no magmas and a single, 95 egg. I decided to try my luck in the other cave, it had too many magmas for my taste, so I went back and grabbed the 95.

Uploaded the egg, went home, tamed two sinos, both female, a 140 that tamed with 41 melee and a 25 that I just got for the colors, will upload them next time. Actually I started a tame of another, a 135 male, but he flew into the cave, refused to go outside. Can't tame in the cave, so he starved to death.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed the dinos. Also, while i was alive upon logging on this time, I was alive on my house's roof.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed dinos, checked for tropeos (nnnope)

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the loot and egg. Took down two of my vaults (electronics and chitin ones), put the tek storages in their place - one now contains cementing paste, one - chitin, and the third one is for hide. And since hide storage has to be glued to the other two to not decay, I switched the places of smithy and chemistry bench and the purposes of some of the vaults (former hide and fiber ones are now narcotics and gunpowder ones, former cementing paste one is the new electronics one, and the one that used the be the OLD gunpowder vault is now for the wood).

Put the magma egg into incubator, it's male and I'm keeping him. He's not even all that bad... For a 95, anyway.

Took down a few lampposts near the gens, put tek lights there instead.

Hatched the new magma, put her with a maewing to raise. Imprinted the rollrat, and then finished his imprint with a sanguine elixir.

Skipped feeding the gachas today - I feel like I played enough for today already, I mean, taming, looting, OSD AND magma eggs? That's a lot. And that's all for today.

Well, since I woke up anyway, (Official, Valguero) Checked the babies. Rollrat fine, magma dead because I'm an idiot: when I unpodded a better maewing specifically for her to use less sulfur I forgot to enable nursing. Oops! Hatched the 95 one, ENABLED NURSING on the maewing, put him with the mae, stuck around to make sure that he IS eating and only then logged off for

(Official, Lost Island) Took bat, went to the cave, waited for night, went in, and would you believe that! The very same 140 and 95 laid eggs in the same place again, despite being in the other cave! Praised be the magmasaurs illogically-long egg-laying range. I was able to take the new 140 safely. Uploaded the new egg.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the egg, put it in the incubator. Yep, from the same magma for sure - same stam, same colors!

Took my ice egg-run wyvern and went hunting wyverns for sulfur. Got a fair amount, also cleared out the trench. Ate all the eggs - they were all below 100 anyway.

Returned home, put sulfur into the maewing, and now THAT'S all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Just farting around on Scorched Earth. We play on that map mainly for atmosphere and the feeling of being on a mini vacation so we don't have any actual strong dinos there. I did however have a little Crystal Wyvern that I fed with halloween candies and used to zip around the Scar while my SO's phoenix provided backup. While we had no real chance of defeating the Dodo Wyvern on this playthrough, we at least wanted to find it and poke it a bit. That went fairly well, and at least I got a little consolation prize in the shape of all three zombie dermises. Now my SO has this idea in his head that he'd like to land on the Dodo Wyvern's back just to see if it's possible. I'll update if he actually pulls it off.

(Official, Valguero) When it was still almost night IRL, checked on the babies (doing good), hatched new 140 magma and put her with the maewing, tested the hoversail (fun! Easy to control! Unlike a maewing, doesn't break nodes so I can test it within the base WITHOUT destroying my carefully preserved remains of wild nature!), picked the hoversail up and put it back into the vault.

And just now logged on again, rat's adult now, magmas were ready for their imprints and imprints they got. Put the good saddle on my new rat and took him on a wood run. Was careful this time, so got plenty of wood and returned alive on a rat that was only missing a bit of health due to health upgrades.

For now that's all.

Imprinted and named magmas (male is Hephaestus, female is Lava).

Bred rex pair, drakes, allos, sinos, spinos and gigas. No luck with rexes, one allo stays (clean all good stats female), one sino stays (clean, good stam, weight and melee male), drake has low melee, but all the right colors so stays to see if I'm even right about wanting them all on one drake.

Spinos all bad, gigas all bad, one with new mut, but it's stam. Color seems interesting, though.

Moved wood form rollrat to the vault, did a thatch run with Cernunnos, saw a mostly-cool equus (Actual Black on main plus Black Sands stripes, belly color is awful, though), took kibble, tamed.

Sino and allo hatched, put them with the maewing.

Made arrows, fed gachas. A lot, to make up for the skipped feedings (Also to use up some of the pellets, the middle one, which serves as a pellet accumulator, got blackboxed). Most went into the generators. And that's all for today (yep, didn't bring the new sinos form LI after all. They can wait).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Aberration with friends. We wanted to risk it and look at the surface with only spinos. That went surprisingly well. Nobody died and we managed to hold out for the most part of the night. Proud of my tribemates! Drops however were underwhelming, and the one red-with-ring that appeared was too high level for us. That's what you get for rushing! But it was a great test for our spinos.

After much searching I finally found my dream spino to complement our weak melee stat, all event purple too. The new spino line looks pretty atrocious with hot pink and red, but they're strong! Like "take them to the red zone" strong.

We had fun with the Fear Evolved goodies that came our way and decorated our dinos and the base. Lots of basilisks around, though. Standard ones, ghost ones and one alpha. Alpha Basilisks were one of the last great unknowns of Aberration for me but with our strong tribe we triumphed easily.

Out of sight of my arachnophobic friend, I then rode my crab into the blue zone and had a long look around for drops, but only wound up risking my butt for compass and door blueprints.

Tribemate had used the opportunity to fill the base with breeding piles of featherlights and otters after a big metal run. Fluffy. When all was said and done we cleaned up and called it a day. Not much drama but many little successes.

(Official, Lost Island) Uploaded sinos, went to the magma nests to see if there's anything good. In the first cave - 2 eggs, 140 (same magma as previous ones), in the second - one 95 and one 55. Took eggs form the first cave, uploaded, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted magmas, downloaded new eggs and sinos. Magmas are both male, both staying.

Did a bit of a wood run with my rollrat, then fed gachas for a bit, then zoomed around the base on hoversail.

Hatched drake. Yep, I'm right about wanting those colors all on the same drake. Looks good. This one goes to the leveling fodder fridge anyway, though - having right colors for once does NOT excuse the wrong melee.

Bred megatheriums, then took Death Of Bugs on a chitin run, since with my new tek storage I actually have a place for all of it.

Then took Alduin, did a bit of a cementing paste run.

Then fed gachas a bit more.

Then hatched gigas form the last time, and yeah, that new color IS interesting! So that one goes to the fridge for things that I might raise, rest - to the leveling fodder one. Hatched new magma eggs and put them with the maewing.

New sino is adult, moved him to the coop. Podded Kimmy, and my previous sino breeder, Bird Lord, is my new shoulder sino, as he's better. New allo soon grew up too, I named her Spicy Pumpkin Pie (don't question my naming choices)

Killed some of the podded dinos that I definitely won't need, podded some that I might need but not now (that includes most of the allos, Except for Midnight, Hellbeast, and Spicy Pumpkin Pie).

Bred sinos, gigas and allos, one sino good (clean female, right stats), allo good (couldn't be any other way - parents have all the right stats), gigas no good and will go to the "leveling fodder" fridge once hatched.

Megatherium finally born, podded for later, and that's all for today.

By the way: plans for the near future: take a good look at the fridge with babies that I intended to raise, raise what I STILL want to raise, and get rid of the rest. Thing is nearly full and I'm pretty sure that half the stuff in it is leftovers from breeding projects I completely lost interest in.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Extinction) Uploaded the last time's loot, wandered around harvesting lampposts for a pretty long while, uploaded the dust from that (24 stacks). Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded the loot and dust, made element. Decluttered the baby fridge, killed most babies in it, and unpodded all remaining ones except for four (2 basilos, maewing, and the interesting color giga) with the maewing. Hatched the eggs I had form last breeding, too, allos and sino went  to the maewing, gigas- to the leveling fodder fridge. The tek troughs and maewing, of course, are filled near to bursting with all the necessary foods.

Imprinted magmas.

Bred drakes, rexes, and gigas. No luck. One giga has a cyan mutation, though. It's oxygen, but I'll see how it looks and decide whether it's an Exp giga or a raising giga after that.

Fed gachas for a bit, because even though I got all that dust form Ext, it never hurts to have a little bit more.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Tried out the Panterra mod map, which was released in its 1.0 version yesterday. It's one of several maps by Project Sumero. Joined their discord, which is a super friendly community from what I've seen.

For now, there seems to be only one spawn point, on the desert island where you have trees - but you cannot punch them. Sacrilege. So I trekked nude across a huge, seemingly neverending bridge towards the mainland. I spotted several pelagornis and ichthyosaurs, but no land animals. But from the rough look of the textures and models there I guess the spawn is in one of the areas that haven't received their final polish yet. For now I could eat berries and leftover cactus, but without hide it would be difficult to get set up. And the landscape looked... not good in this area. I blindly ran land inwards until I got trapped in a series of giant hollow logs, with the only way out being a suicidal jump down.

I respawned and ran down the endless bridge again.

Near the end of the bridge I found a little (punchable) grove by the water, where five or so basilo corpses had washed up. These provided hide, so I could finally make a sleeping bag. I made a little camp there which I nicknamed "smelly beach" and even drank from the water.

When I turned around, I saw the first land creature, a little trilobite. I proceeded to whack it with several spears, which broke. Because that thing was lv. 300 and the text above it was so tiny that it was for all intents and purposes invisible. I still ate it. The dodos that began spawning were lv 400 plus, and I got myself a first dilophosaurus in that level range as well. Asked the discord if this was normal, it wasn't. So I went back to fix my settings, turns out the Official Difficulty Override was missing from my ini for whatever reason.

The last animal I tamed was a chonk of a Parasaur before the normalized levels took effect. Took said chonk on a trip to find a more finished area of the map, instead came home to Smelly Beach with a new saber, high level tek raptor, two dimorphs, a hyaenodon and a little lystro. In absence of cryos or soul traps we did the good old dino caravan back to camp, where I completed a little bob shack against the worst of the cold and logged off.

Edited by riceandvegetable
  • Like 1