So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, riceandvegetable said:

There should be a whole dungeon cave with an artifact in there. You need to drop down into a deep pit with water at the bottom and you'll immediately be greeted by enemies. And one way on down there is hidden behind a breakable rock, too.

I'm pretty sure we're not talking about the same place. The one I'm talking about is underwater and completely filled with water. And I took a good look at the end room - it's literally just that, nothing to break, nothing to interact with other than the button to open the door to get back out. The place you're describing sounds like The Lost Temple (I haven't visited it, but description on the wiki matches).

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Moved now-grown dinos to their proper places. Replaced two old giga females with the newly grown two.

Bred gigas, rexes, spinos and argents. One argent stays, rest no good. Gigas especially not good - a new mutation and what do I get? A light pink speed female! That egg went to the titanoboa.

Fed gachas a bit and for today that's all.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Did an extra long session on the Eärrion and found lots of hidden things. Taming went terribly, though. At first I got lucky with a max level sino, but then a blood stalker despawned mid-tame and stryder taming seems downright broken on this map.
We discovered the only mutagel spawn, though. It's a ruined building that seemed to have had a whole mutagenic explosion in it. Blobs of the stuff ooze off the walls, and you get thousands easily by harvesting the stained grass outside.

There was a low level giga on Fairy Island which we used to level our very average velonasaurs. Also acquired scout blueprints and element dust in the empty city. I poked my head into a random basement and suddenly saw a narrow, fleshy tunnel opening. After squeezing past several eyeballs, the light became blinding white. Gamma adjustment revealed the Artifact of the Devourer hovering over a crude pentagram scrawled in blood, surrounded by a couple of skinless corpses. You know, just something that screams "Bring me home and put me up in your base. Btw, I'm also radioactive." Which the chamber was, and which I did.

Finally we went back to the volcanic chasm with the velonasaurs and a shadowmane. We killed off as many wyverns as possible, then I snuck past the magmasaurs in stealth mode. The way they spawn there borders on overspawn, about 40 to a room. I crept through the cave until I reached the deepest level which was blocked off by a giant gate. Maybe something will be added there in the future? Meanwhile, my partner kept shooting at the never ending advancing wall of magmasaurs climbing over each other. I'm glad it didn't crash my PC but looked impressive as hell. And good thing their projectile attack seemed to be disabled. We retreated and used mutagen on the one good egg this yielded.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, spinos, rexes, andrewsarchus, argents and owls. Two andrews and one argent staying (argent is female, clean, stats suck but black legs inherited from mother and most of the black inherited form father. With a bit of luck one more breeding and I'll get all black)

Put the argent form last time with the maewing, it'll be my new riding argent.

Made some more advanced rifle ammo, and drew a new, better skull and crossbones on Fenris' saddle. White with black outline.

Fed gachas, topped up gens and had a bit over 20 more element left for the vault.

That's all for now, I'll try to not forget to log back on in two hours or so to imprint the argent.

Imprinted the argent, took saddle from Sapphire, repainted it black, and put it into the new bird's inventory. Sure, the first moment of using her one she's adult will be awful compared to already leveled Sapphire, but with that melee (47 points + imprint) it'll be pretty easy to level the new one, and she'll e better than Sapphire after that in everything but stam (and that's why I need to keep breeding to get an all-black, 45 health, 39 stam, 32 weight, 47 melee argent).

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, rexes, spinos and argents. Nothing good.

New argent was nearly grown, her name's Crow by the way. Yeah, not original at all.

Podded some extra dinos (desmodus breeders, andrewsarchus breeders, crystal wyvern I had out since that one epic argy taming trip).

Went to wander a bit, saw a black (or black-looking, haven't checked actual colors yet) moschops, level 145. Tamed. Just because.

Crow finally grew up, took her out for some leveling. 2 points into melee (just because it bugged me how it's so close to 500% but not quite there), rest into weight. Killed an alpha carno with her.

Returned home, bred her back to her father, egg stays - all stats (that can be obtained from them. Health's on another argy), male. Will replace Stan as male breeder.

For now that's all, will refresh sidebases and just generally play more later.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos. Since it was almost night, went to check out a cave (nothing interesting. I mean, metal and hard poly is cool, but I would have preferred actual loot). While trying to remember where the cave was got lagged to hell and back by a space whale parked near already lag-inducing giant pink castle, and that's how I realized that transfers are finally open (I'm not very smart).

Returned home, logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Took my wild-tame ugly colors andrew Tumblrina (I remember there being purlovias in the cave where venom rocks are, so something non-dismountable seemed like the right thing to send), made a saddle, took some ammo for it, hazard suit, shotgun, ammo for the shotgun and a few dodo eggs and uploaded all of that. Also hatched the new argy egg and put the baby with the maewing.

(Official, Fjordur) Retrieved all the stuff. Parked Tumblrina on my base, put a saddle on her and ammo into her inventory. Took the nameless desmodus, a few sleeping bags just in case, the shotgun and ammo, the eggs (as a snack) and the hazard suit and traveled to Asgard. Found the entrance to the drake cave, put the hazard suit on, went in. Killed drakes, looked at the eggs, settled for a 180 and a 95. Flew out, uploaded eggs, returned home.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, did a blue drop (nothing good)

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike. Also, decided not to abandon CI because artifacts for gamma Valg are really easy there and I'll maybe want to do it again once I mutate my current rexes and make a new army.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved eggs and put them into the incubator. And lucky lucky me! 180 is a male, and stats not too bad, and colors look decent too. And the 95... Well, colors suck (it's an event egg by the looks of it), and the stats are about what one would expect from a mere 95, but it's a female.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

2 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

You can draw on saddles!?

Only on the andrewsarchus ones. You dye it when not equipped, like a normal saddle, and paint on it while the andrew wears it (and you can take the saddle off and put it back on, the drawing stays. I guess because it's somehow technically on the andrewsarchus). Andrews even have an option to switch between the tower part of the saddle and the armor part of it (for that hold the interaction button while looking at the andrew, go into its options and toggle painting target one)!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero)  Hatched drakes. Unfortunately, turns out the good colors on 180 were on smaller/less visible regions, so in truth he is cyan with green feathers and belly. Not great. But I'll raise him and the female anyway. Fed gachas a bit, when drakes were pretty hungry podded them. Uploaded some building parts - metal walls, tek foundations (I looted those form a decayed base. I don't have tek foundatons unlocked) plus some stone sloped walls, roofs and stuff.

(Official, Fjordur) Retrieved uploaded stuff. Why I need it in the first place? Well, you see... My Fjordur base is nice and safe... And that's about the only good things about it. It's nowhere near, well, anything. Except for the cave with ferox, but I don't care much about ferox. So I took as much as I can carry and went to build a new base near the cave with nameless venom. New one is smaller and lopsided (I didn't check well enough that I'm REALLY far enough form other player's buildings to build as I please, so I had to improvise), but it fits my birds and it fits my andrewsarchus, and I think I'll be able to get a fabricator in there if I add a second floor (just a matter of adding a few ceilings - I built the walls pretty tall).

Then I went into the cave to get the venom. Got three, but my andrew is less great at fighting through it all than I thought she'll be. Uploaded one venom (two others were near expiring), and went back in on a bat this time. Went a lot better, got 6 venom and was able to upload it all fast enough. I guess bat+shotgun is the way to go.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, fed them, made some preserving salt and put remaining two pieces of venom into a preserving bin.

Fed gachas more, put some element into gens until 30 in each and still had some element left to put into the vault. Gathered some obsidian, made poly and saddles for the drakes. Fed drakes again and podded them. They're 3% grown. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Fed gachas, unpodded drakes, uploaded some metal and poly, as well as some shotgun ammo, a fabricator, a vertical cable, an outlet, and a few omni lampposts so that I don't have to get/make all that stuff on Fjordur.

Fed gachas some more, bred gigas, rexes and spinos. 1 rex egg stays (male with mut mother's melee inherited - that's 49 points in melee!) and two spino eggs are staying too - perfect stat clean females.

Then my connection decided to start misbehaving. After finally managing to log back on I podded drakes, put element into the vault, and decided to take a break for a few hours. If in those hours I'll be able to do whatever without being interrupted by my internet connection disappearing, I'll consider the issue gone and will retrieve the uploaded stuff on Fjordur, fix the shotgun, steal a new drake egg (because I want a drake that's NOT eye-searingly bright. Seriously. I need some nice colors for the stats I got on my painfully bright 180), get some venom and all that stuff. If not - the uploaded things can decay, not a big loss. I'd rather lose a few stacks of resources than risk a disconnect when it could cost me more.

(Official, Fjordur) So, things seemed fine, so I logged on to Fjordur, retrieved the uploaded stuff and installed the fabricator. Then it turned out I didn't have enough cementing paste to fix my shotgun so I raided some beaver dams.

Fixed the gun, took hazard suit, went to get more drake eggs.

Teleported right onto a shadowmane but managed to mount my desmodus and escape alive.

Went into the cave, killed drakes, grabbed eggs. A 170, a 95, and a 55. Best there were.

Uploaded them, went back to Midgard, got venom, uploaded venom. Sounds like a happy ending? Come on, you know it can't end well!

When I logged on to (Official, Valguero), grabbed my sino and flew to the transmitter my connection decided that nice things are not for me to have. And ARK doing its best to wait for me to reconnect was not a good thing in this case because it meant that I stayed in game. Flying up. Until finally getting disconnected.

So when I was able to reconnect I fell from a great height and died.

And when I was finally able to reconnect AGAIN it was 1. after my corpse already disappeared (good thing I had nothing valuable on me except for the tek canteen) and 2. Since I have no idea where I really ended up while flying without being able to control it, my sino is lost. Had to take a new one out of the fridge.

Also, venom decayed so I'm not feeding the drakes today.

But the good news are - the 170 egg is male with decent melee (though I already forgot what melee exactly, either same as my 180 or higher) and alright colors, and both others are female, with decent colors too. 170 definitely stays and out of the other two I'll keep the one that looks better.

And that's all for today (what a disaster of a day).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Making some half-serious preparations for the Eärrion boss fight.

It's definitely going to be a tek stego army. A youtuber posted her second attempt at the boss and she was being shot non-stop by tek turrets inside the arena. The turrets can be destroyed if you can get behind them, so we wondered if we could use a two seated dino or sinos (which are unrestricted in the arena) to do this. However I think that just forcing our way forward could have the best chances. If I die as the host, that would be it for my client player as well, so I want to minimze risk.

Stegos would need veggie cakes and saddles. There are no harvestable honey deposits on The Eärrion at all. Bee Queens have a 0,8% chance of spawning in some small areas of the "deep jungle", an open air aberration area basically. I got jumped by an R-Reaper Queen without my lightpet equipped, so I escaped through the sea onto an island, threw out a featherlight, set down my sino - which zoomed off and attacked the queen. It was so small however that it semi-clipped into her belly and I could save it. Still, that was a little shock.

Getting a bee to spawn was tedious. I gave up after over an hour. The mod maker has a statement on his discord that bees are currently too rare which he intends to fix. I hated killing off any more bulbdogs, glowbugs and dimorphs as well as other peaceful spawns, so I took that as a permission to spawn in a wild bee and tame that.

We then spent the rest of the evening hunting drops and farming the loot labyrinth intensively in search of a stego saddle blueprint. 2000 pounds of loot later, still no dice. I got one single saddle, and if nothing else helps I guess I could still use S+ to create a blueprint and sacrifice the item.

I also completely underestimated the voracity of growing tek stegos trying to compensate for 10.000 missing healthpoints. Three troughs were being constantly emptied by only 8 stego babies, used my snow owl to take the edge off. My partner finally came to my rescue with his bronto.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, hatched drakes, 170 has same melee as 180. But he has better weight and food. And out of two new females 55 stays as she's way better looking. Podded them for later. Bred gigas, spinos and argents, two argent eggs are staying (both female. One has better stam and mut on top of it, other has all the stats and black legs so maybe I'll be able to get all stats, all black form her and then breed the new stam in).

Fed gachas. Planned to feed a lot, gave them all my arrows, but most crystals decayed because my internet connection decided it's the time to act up (good thing I decided not to raise anything today!). All element I managed to get (about 5 pieces) went into the gens, and I wasn't even able to finish the day on my terms by going into my house before logging off, I just got disconnected while still with the gachas and decided that I won't try to log back on to exit properly because that's enough for today. And of course, now that I'm typing this it's working flawlessly. Damn thing is trolling me.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike, checked if wyverns still have enough crystals.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos and, optimistic due to how fine things went, did a bit of a venom run and even grabbed a crate (there was an assault rifle and a pretty good equus saddle in it). And uploaded it all just fine!

(Official, Valguero) As it turns out, gachas still have arrows in them. Unpodded older drakes, downloaded venom and loot, fed drakes and repodded them. Gathered crystals gachas produced while I was doing that, took the remaining arrows form them. For now that's all, but seriously - 3 servers before main one, 0 interruptions? Looks like things are getting better. Maybe I'll be able to actually play soon.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes. All four. Fed gachas a bit, all element went into the gens.

Made some gasoline.

Drakes got pretty hungry, so I logged off and onto

(Official, Fjordur). Got venom, four pieces. Uploaded it.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded venom, fed drakes. Hunted, filled a maewing and one and a half tek troughs, hatched new argents, put them and the newest rex with the maewing.

Podded drakes (older two are 6% grown already!) and that's all, haven't decided whether for now or for today.

Checked on the babies, they're alive and fine. Argents already juvi, rex nearly that too. Restacked meat in the maewing just in case and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

16 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Crop plots, water, jars, etc., eh? Just another day in ARK. :)

Isn't that the truth...  But I gotta be fair, the loot drops on that map are really above average compared to official Ark. And there's a special type of red loot drop that you can only open as a low level. I used my leveled The Island survivor for this, so I'll probably never know.

(Official, Valguero) Loaded all the arrows I had left into the gachas. Unpodded drakes. Bred argents, gigas and spinos (and sinos, but I forgot to pick sino eggs up). One argy stays - all black. No right weight, not right health, but it's still a great step towards all-good-stats all-black argy.

Most of the element I got today went into the gens, it's back to 30 in each! Made a new tek canteen.

Once gachas were out of arrows I logged off and onto

(Official, Fjordur). Got 6 venom, killed a karkinos while waiting for the server save (partly to pass the time, but mostly because it was near the boss terminal, which I needed to upload venom). Uploaded venom, returned home, logged off and onto

(Official, Valguero) again. Fed drakes. Waited to imprint the older two (both wanted cuddles), named them. The cyan-and-green male is now Acidic Ocean and the light red-magenta-green female is Radioactive Rose. While I was waiting for imprint I gathered a lot of wood, ground it up for thatch, harvested some flint and fiber and made a ton of arrows to feed the gachas next time.

Podded drakes and that's all for today.

(The Eärrion Sponsored Mod Map)

Boss fight time. In the end I got not one, but two stego blueprints, so I saddled up my army, grabbed my partner and off we went. Usually, the single player settings make bosses very doable, but the Eärrion Megapithecus was a big unknown. There really isn't much info about it, other than it's a buffed version of the Island Megapithecus and you can bring up to 30 tames. We wanted to try Gamma first. I watched the video again to memorize the straightest path through the turrets into the actual bossfight part of the arena, which is basically straight ahead from the downed spaceship with the ramps.

We had one Yuti with mostly HP pumped to survive the barrage, two sinos, 17 stegos with saddles from 45 to 73 armor and 20k HP, and my partner brought his velonasaur. That was a mistake, since the tek turrets pushed him around and took away any control of his dino. He had to pod it and change to a stego. The doorway we had to find was where I thought it would be but the stegos split up a few times and I had to dismount to get some around a corner. All in all, the Yuti took some significant damage from the turrets but could soak them when needed. 

The boss resisted for a long time, which is unusual for a Gamma with SP settings enabled, and some of our stegos were at half health by the time we were done. The knockback and the way they got shoved around by the monkey minions made the fight pretty dicey, without the Yuti buff maybe we'd have lost some. Alpha seems not doable with the current army. The rewards for the Gamma victory were 94 or so element and some custom tekgrams like exo-mek, dedicated storage, trough and sleeping pod.

Honey production is at a crawl, but I'll try to grind out more veggie cakes, raise a few tanky rexes and hopefully be ready for the Alpha soon.

Edited by riceandvegetable

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, fed gachas, filled a maewing, hatched argent and put it with the mae, refilled tek trough.

Once gachas were out of arrows, logged off Valg and onto

(Official, Fjordur). Fed dinos, got 4 venom, uploaded it.

Back on (Official, Valguero) retrieved venom and fed drakes. But they could still eat more so I logged off Valg again to get and upload more venom.

On (Official, Fjordur) I got 8 whole venom! And my Wi Fi decided it's time to misbehave again. So I got disconnected, venom decayed, and my drakes nearly ran out of food by the time I was able to log back onto

(Official, Valgueor) to pod them, since feeding them was not happening, apparently.

Once things were more stable I tried to get some venom after all, but the nodes didn't respawn, so that's all for today.

(Official, Fjordur) Started with this map today since my drakes over on Valg are so very hungry there's no point in unpodding them unless I have food ready. Vent into the cave, killed ravagers, harvested 7 venom, killed drake, seekers, and a lone lamprey (first time seeing it. Didn't now they can crawl on land!), uploaded the venom.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded drakes, downloaded venom and fed them. Bred gigas, nothing good. Had a mut, but it's purple, weight, on a female, and with mut melee not inherited.

Older argies are now adult, I named them. Podded all previous argy breeders except for Raven - he, newest two, and the full black I have growing are all I need to get all-black all-stats. 

Hunted for deinon eggs, but no luck - the two big nesting grounds went unvisited long enough that eggs were all spoiled, and the nearest small one yielded a single 140 with no good stats. Didn't feel like checking more nests.

Added more meat to the tek trough.

Imprinted and named younger drakes, podded them and the older ones, and that's all for now (but hopefully not for today)

Unpodded drakes again. Hunted for deinon eggs (nothing good). Wandered around.

Once drakes were hungry enough logged off and onto

(Official, Fjordur). Only got 2 venom (whoever harvested before only partially harvested nodes instead of breaking them fully so that they can respawn, so good thing I at least managed to get that much). Uploaded that.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded venom and fed two hungriest drakes. Wandered around some more. After some time logged off and onto

(Official, Fjordur) again. Only got two venom again (well, there were more respawned nodes, but they respawned after I already uploaded the two I got, so waiting for next server save would waste the spoil timer of previous venom)

On (Official, Valguero) fed two hungriest drakes again, podded drakes and that's all for now (or maybe for today).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos