So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

So this was a few weeks ago, so bear with me

Fjordur, Singleplayer, boosted stats (breeding)

So, what happened is I was taming a pt. Pretty normal stuff. One headshot with the Xbow, and one body shot, and it was down. It tamed up with regular meat. I saw the bar go to 100%-and then my fool brother shot it in the head. With a REGULAR FREAKING ARROW! Not even a tranq arrow. That, at least, i would've somewhat understood. But really? Also, before that, I was taming a max level lystro. It was ~half taming, and then my idiot brother once again punched it. It did not die, but it did lose taming affectiveness. Not a lot, but still affected. Siblings can be the worst. Plus, split screen makes all the things super tiny, and I can't even sit on the super comfy sofa we have :|. By the time he killed the pt, i'd totally lost the motivation to play ARK. I haven't been able to touch the controller in over 2 weeks, but that's aside the point. I'd wasted two tranq arrows (valuable), narcotic (also very valuable), and meat (less valuable but I make it a strict point to never ever waste resources).

Anyway, good luck and happy ARKing!

• Sad 1

(The Eärrion sponsored mod map)
Turns out Megaloceros cannot harvest meat from corpses, but pick up items instantly. So my dead deer did kill those carnivores!
Tamed a plesi, since they hang out in the shallows on this map and don't fight back.
After so much frugality on Burned Island, my SO then hoped onto my game and brought his Gasbags. We explored the nearby archipelago. The Eärrion does not have a confined spawn for Shadowmanes, in many areas they are a normal part of the fauna, which can make things "interesting". We improvised and tamed a lone one with bright red and blue colors. We also snuck by the angry Karkinos that guarded the entrance to the "Atlantis" world. I loved that. Two spacious underwater domes with equus and stegos and finally useful loot drops! Last but not least, we found a cave entrance near the Redwoods which turned out to be "the Cursed Cave". Seemed eerie, but safe. We affronted the Ark gods by demanding they show us the Curse, then hightailed it out of there when Nameless spawned all around us.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted giga and a sino that I also had growing. Filled the maewing and unpodded an argy and a bat.

Bred rexes and egg is staying! It's female, but all stats are right ones so it'll do for now.

Fed gachas a lot.

Went to get a low-level black-legged female argent. First one was 20. But when she was nearly tamed a microraptor killed her.

Then I spent a lot of time looking at argents, trying to find one that at the same time is female, low-level AND with legs that might be black if I'm lucky.

Finally found a level 50. Dropped her with a net on top of a small cube base, waited, fed (and punched a bunch of times to lower effectiveness). Tamed... Black legs! Not dark gray, which would have been unacceptable (on account of not matching the rest and also being a waste of time since if I wanted gray I could just use Sapphire). Brought her home, bred. Unfortunately first egg was not an all-black, so I cracked it.

Fed gachas more.

Fed dinos.

And that's all for today.

• Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero) Toped up the troughs, imprinted babies, filled a maewing and unpodded four baby owls.

Hatched tek rex egg - triplets!

Bred tek rexes again, and again its a female, but the stats are right so she stays.

Fed gachas, added element to gens until 30 in each, rest went into the vault. Unpodded some regular snow owls for Generous (middle gacha, just here to keep the other two happy) so that he can work as a pellet collector.

Leveled new sino a bit (killed the fail babies form the leveling fodder fridge and the old mut spino that I no longer need), made two riot helmets from him and me, 400+ armor. I took the better one for myself because sino has more health than I do so if anything happens it's me who'll need more protection.

That's it for today, wanted to play more but caught a cold so sleeping became more important than ARK.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

Solo again. I prepared my return to the Cursed Caverns and finally went back for the artifact. First, I needed a Featherlight, which spawn on the Redwood Island (along with Ravagers and Shadowmanes). Then, while looking for a mate for my plesi, I saw a 150 unicorn just paddling through the coral reef. When Ark does something nice for you, you don't ask questions, you just take it! Afterwards I produced a plesiosaur baby and raised it, another dino that I wouldn't have used if not for the unique makeup of the map. Finally got a better crossbow and even a better longneck when two loot crates spawned inside of each other. The bitter flipside of today's loot run was that I had to destroy four underwater loot crates that were inaccessible in the ground.

Back to the cursed cave and its red glow, hoping that my tiny featherlight wouldn't go out at the wrong moment. All the traumatic memories of Nameless on the actual Aberration map coming back. I stayed in their spawn for far too long, wondering if the Artifact of the Strong that was supposedly in this cave just hadn't spawned in, as they sometimes do on Single Player. Finally I went on. No sign of an Artifact elsewhere in the cave either -- when I spotted a little doorway hidden in a pitch black passageway. It led to a loot labyrinth! No traps either! Just Xmas come early. And after a short grapple upwards I found myself in the Artifact room and in the possession of 2/3 Artifacts needed for the beefed up Megapithecus variant who is at this point the map's only boss.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up tek troughs (giga, bat and the birds nearly drained them), imprinted giga, bat and argy.

Fed gachas just a bit.

Bred rexes, owls and argents, rex stays (right stats and finally male). Also bred gigas, but forgot to pick eggs up and don't feel like logging back on to see if they're still there.

That's all for now/today.

Imprinted dinos again, argy now adult, moved her to others and bred her to her dad. Baby stays, it picked the remaining stat I needed. Bred desmodus and spinos (two desmodus staying. Spinos no good)

Went to the trench, cleared out the old eggs, killed all wyverns.

Then announcement about the update appeared, so in the 15 minutes I had left I hunted, topped up troughs, filled a maewing, and unpodded baby rexes. Will log back on in aobut half an hour.

Checked on the dinos (doing fine), waited for the bats, in the meantime fed gachas. Then took newly-grown bat (named Ekimma) on a hunt, leveled him a lot. Dude's strong.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

19 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

When you're so rich you don't care about giga eggs...  :)

Well, it's just four eggs anyway. Plus they're from a breeder male that's well on his way to become a former breeder male since I'm raising a mut one currently, so it's not like they could possibly be all that great. I mostly bred them out of habit.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Checked on dinos. Gave giga his last imprint. Imprinted the male rex, girls gonna stay unimprinted.

Killed old, non-R owls that I had as Generous' temporary owls (except for Winter. I like her so I just podded her), and moved newly-grown R-owls in their place. Moved some of meat form the maewing to the tek trough. It was in the morning, but it's all I did in ARK so far. Later I'll play more and refresh sidebases (and maybe tame something? I've read more about andrewsarchus taming and I think if I practice in SP a bit I might actually manage it)

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos and went to tame an andrewsarchus. The first one I decided to get was a 55 female, but after one progress reset (thanks, random dilo) and two deaths she ended up getting stuck. And I died again, and my bat was too far, so I had to respawn and get my second one.

Then I found another andrew. Level 90, also female Ugly colors, but I'll take what I can. After one death and two near-deaths I finally had her. Uploaded her, returned home.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted rex again, added more meat to the troughs, downloaded the andrewsarchus. Named her Tumblrina (because overly bright colors, turquoise mane which is not quite blue hair but close enough, and when wild andrews are like "stayed too close to me for 0.05 of a second after dismounting? TRIGGERED!")

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Fjordur) Went to get a male andrewsarchus. Prepared sleeping bags, got honey, found a level 90, fortunately NOT event-colored. Just a nice gray-and-brown.

Tamed him. Died a bunch of times in the process (it was laggy today so getting away form him after jumping off wasn't easy), but succeeded anyway. Uploaded him, returned home.

(Official, Valguero) Podded yuties and moved newly-grown rexes in their place. Moved now-grown giga to his place and podded Disaster (his father, a wild-tame breeder giga). Bred rexes, gigas and argents. No eggs staying, unfortunately.

Downloaded the new andrewsarchus, named him Oscar, made a saddle for him. Tested saddle, cool, but expensive to use.

Stuffed a maewing full of meat and topped up troughs, unpodded two baby spinos, two baby gigas, and an argent.

Filled gachas, got some element, wanted to put it into a generator, server crashed.

Okay, it's back now. And I fed herbivores and whales (everything else still had plenty of food), filled a second maewing (just in case), added elem to gens until 30 in each, waited for one gacha to run out of food (arrows) entirely and took what was left in the other's inventory. Only 4 whole element and nearly enough shards for another piece went into the vault today because I didn't feed the gachas all that much.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Official PVE

Hey gang.  It's been awhile since my last post.  Spent most of the summer just treading water and maintaining bases while my tribe-mates and myself take turns going on vacation and enjoying things outside of the game.  Good to take a break once in awhile I think.  

But recently I did start an alt survivor on Lost Island and have been exploring mostly by raft in my free time.  I purposely have not tamed anything there.  I've been doing everything by hand, foot, and boat.  But the other day I did tame a mid-level sinomacrops and found a pretty little spot for a house perched high up on a cliff above the beach.  So I started building.  Spent the better part of two days flying back and forth with supplies.  My little friend was a real work horse.  However, before I could put down a bed (which was in my inventory)... we died.... to a troodon of all things 🙄.  And now I can't get back to my house until I tame another flyer.  😆  I should have thought that through a little better.

(Official, Valguero) Bred andrewsarchus. Saw in the chat some older server-dvellers helping new ones, had nothing better to do while Tumblrina gestates (the baby could be better, but it's female and colors are mostly from Oscar, so stays), so joined in to the best of my ability.

Then made more advanced rifle ammo because miniguns=fun, especially the one on an andrewsarchus saddle. Will have to make more gunpowder, though. Used every single bit I had.

Then remembered I was meaning to get my best mantis' stats onto a baby and imprint said baby, so unpodded females, bred them, and TWO eggs are staying! Both got right melee, weight and stam. Both also got 0 points in health, so male one will be a temporary mount until I get a better one and female will be bred back to her father to grab that health.

Podded the females.

Then finally got the andrewsarchus baby, podded for later.

Took therizino, went to the swamp, got a ton of rare flowers, I only had a stack and a half left. Now I have enough to not worry about my bees for quite some time.

And then I topped up the tek troughs and that's all for now.

Added more meat to the tek troughs. Imprinted gigas. Argy adult now, moved her to the rest. Bred argents. Two eggs staying - one female with health, stam and weight, one male with stam, weight and melee. I'll raise them and merge them, and then it'll just be a matter of getting one that has health, stam, weight, melee and black on all regions.

And that's all for now.

Hatched argents. Put them, mantises, and andrewsarchus with the maewing. Spinos are now adult, bred them but no luck. Also bred rexes and gigas, no luck with them, either.

Gathered a ton of stone, flint and wood, filled the chemical bench with flint and stone, made a ton of sparkpowder. Filled the forge with wood.

Made gunpowder.

While making gunpowder, gave gachas a ton of arrows. Got a nice amount of element from that, 40 pieces or so. Decided to try Plant species y traps, so made a new tek crop plot (and made all my shards into element, since I turned replicator on anyway) and planted an y seed.

Topped up tek troughs and that's all for today. And yeah, I count it all as "today" despite the fact that technically the start of it was yesterday.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Explored the desert ruins, the sulfur wells and the tek pyramid. I got lucky and caught a beautiful blue and gray X-Yuty and another tek stego. I've watched a video on the boss fight and there are tek turrets inside the arena, so I can't start early enough to collect potential breeding stegos.

SO hopped into the game again and after a bit of breeding utility dinos like mantis and morellatops, we swam over to Fairy Island. Interestingly, the Artifact of the Depths spawns in multiples all over the ruined city there. We dodged a purple R-giga and collected several Enforcer blueprints while making our way towards, and then up the trunk of the giant element tree.

Poison wyverns nest in the top branches, which resulted in a few amazing looking fights by night that left us half dead and flaming wyvern corpses plummeting down past us, towards the now distant lights of the city. To my great amazement, we also found the Artifact of the Skylord up here in a little temple, which is the third and last needed for the boss.

We decided to explore the giant dome another day, collected a beautiful diplo and a better featherlight and went home.

Edited by riceandvegetable

(Official, Valguero) In the morning imprinted gigas, andrewsarschus and one of the mantises and moved meat form the maewing to the trough. And that's all for now.

Mantises and andrewsarchus adult now. Saddle and pic of my old mantis went to the new imprinted male. Bred new female with her father, baby stays. Bred argents, eggs aren't staying.

Bred andrewsarchus, rexes, spinos and gigas, andrew babies staying (twin females for breeding an single all father's colors male for use), spino too (male, and only stat missing is oxygen, side form that he's as perfect as possible with my spinos). Rexes and gigas all cracked (except one rex. Male! Mut! On oxygen. Getting cracked would be too good for such a disappointment so it went to the titanoboa instead).

Did a metal run, a big one - my argent could barely carry the ankylo by the time I was done.

Fed gachas, most element went into gens, rest - into the vault. Nearly completed a stack!

And that's all for now (or for today. Not sure yet). Also, tried feeding gachas plant species y traps. Results were good, but I'll stick to arrows - faster to make and don't decay. The formerly trap crop plot is now for narcoberries.

Logged back on to imprint the andrewsarchus. Moved meat form maewing to the trough.

Suddenly remembered I have at least one great chalico BP, so decided that I maybe want a chalico. Built a beer barrel and put some thatch and berries in it. For now that's all.

Again, technically another day already, but I didn't mean to get distracted for so long, so I count it as same day anyway.

Woke up feeling the dinos I'm raising might starve, logged on, and yeah, they only had one trough left and not full either.

Filled troughs, imprinted andrewsarchus. Since I was on anyway, bred gigas, rexes, spinos and argents. Two rex eggs staying: one clean female, other also female, but with a melee mut.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On The Eärrion, I finally got a breeding pair of R-procoptodon. While I'm still super happy with the megaloceros, which fought its way out of a pack of 5 allos, I think the kangaroos could do the same things but better if I only got a higher quality saddle. We earned some experience for the roos, went back to the wyvern pit and returned with another mid level egg, since the dozens of wyverns that appeared on the dino tracker seemed to be inside the walls or otherwise unable to come after us. Added another tek stego to the collection, then we went after shadowmanes. My partner has figured out how to swoop down on Mantis with a glider suit and feed them during the fly-by, which is insane, but the cats were trickier. They spawn on top of a large pillar in a group of four or more, then migrate wherever available prey draws them. They're also all kelp green. I had been collecting fish in cryopods whenever I could, so it was just a game of patience before we got a good pair. Breeding them up takes time, though.

--

Disaster befell another game on the same map we had recently started with a friend. We had logged out safely in a freshly built outpost with our sturdiest dinos next to us or in our inventories. When she logged in to host, she found herself at 50/50 in the middle of the ocean with sharks coming after her. She was also the only one to keep her inventory, the rest of us didn't even leave bags. Our stego was teleported with us and drowned, my shoulder dimorph kept itself alive, the rest is just gone. The bed on the outpost doesn't seem to exist anymore.

We tried to return to the island and see what was left, but without equipment were unsuccessful, instead got chased around by a 185 poison wyvern, troodons and a giga. I saw no signs of the outpost while frantically running around and waiting to die from thirst or dinosaurs. We rebuilt pretty well, though. Replacement equipment could be found in wooden crates scattered across the Redwood Island, and I got a high level bigfoot to help me gather stuff.

Since the underwater domes were just off the coast we settled on, our last idea for the day was to get equus, which spawn in huge herds down there. Only one of us got killed by a karkinos, which we then dispatched with flame arrows. So we could add a great pair of horses to our inventory. The question is if the next time we log in, they'll still be there or if aliens teleport us into the middle of space again.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted adrewsarchus. Topped up trough and filled a maewing, hatched rexes (mut one ended up twins, podded second as a spare in case anything happens) and put them with the maewing. For now that's all, will play more and refresh sidebases later.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, grabbed a few drops (nothing good).

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, uploaded some stuff, including all cryopods, wandered around. Found no drops, but killed two corrupted reaper kings.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike.

(Official, Valgeuro) Imprinted andrewsarchus. Retrieved uploaded stuff, put most of it into the appropriate vaults, filled gachas, noticed my favorite tree was gone, made re-fertilizer, restored it, then decided to restore some other stuff the exact locations of which I didn't rememeber... Yeah, minus cryopods, minus some dust-containing gacha crystals, minus armor, whip and gun, minus sino. Wish re-fertilizer only worked if you don't stand exactly where the stuff that's respawn is. Or at least you ended up on top of respawned thing instead of inside of it.

Made new armor, unpodded a spare sino, bred sinos (but nothing good). Gathered fresh gacha crystals, topped up gens. Repaired SCUBAs, went to the Abyss. Got pretty okay loot, not the best but okay. Returned home, topped up tek troughs, if I'm not asleep in five hours will log back on to imprint andrewsarchus again.

Logged back on, imprinted andrewsarchus (his name is Fenris, by the way), gave him saddle and some ammo, went to kill stuff with him. Checked out underwater ruins in the swamp again, turns out it's possible to enter them! But I couldn't go in too far on my andrew and I was only able to exit with him because I happened to have a cryopod on me, he fit through the doorframe on the way in but not on the way out. I'll maybe take another look at them at some point, with SCUBA.

Returned home and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero) Topped up tek trough and for now that's all.

And now actually played: bred gigas and argents (no luck), andrewsarchus (one baby stays), mantises and spinos. Mantises and spino are staying.

Took SCUBA and went to the swamp. And the ruins are... Well. If you like buttons and rex statues you're in luck! Otherwise not, because two buttons and a rex statue are the only things there. No enemies, no nothing. Stairs, then a corridor with a statue, a button on the wall, press it - door opens, and there's an empty room with a second button to open the door again. That's it. But glad I know it now.

Returned home, took beer and parts for a trap, went to tame a chalico. Found a level 140, male, not event colors. Trapped, tamed, brought home, made a saddle for him.

Also, turns out you can paint on andrewsarchus saddles! As in, actually paint, not just color them. I drew a skull and crossbones on mine. Orange, because had no other coloring on me and didn't feel like going to my workshop to grab some.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

3 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Y'know, Andrewsarchus generally just have pretty good oxygen. Plus, the saddle acts like a submarine, giving you oxygen. You could probably do a small underwater cave with one.

Not good enough to take a good long look at everything, though. And the ruins are small, it's hard to see anything while mounted on a pig-wolf that takes up the entire corridor, you know? So I have to be unmounted once inside. Plus, as I said, can't get him out of there without a pod, so SCUBA is needed to not worry about my own life while podding him.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

No enemies, no nothing. Stairs, then a corridor with a statue, a button on the wall, press it - door opens, and there's an empty room with a second button to open the door again. That's it.

There should be a whole dungeon cave with an artifact in there. You need to drop down into a deep pit with water at the bottom and you'll immediately be greeted by enemies. And one way on down there is hidden behind a breakable rock, too.