So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies. Hatched the giga and podded her for later. Put all of yesterday's element (8 form gachas+1 from dust from Ext) to the generators.

Gave gachas a ton of stuff to eat, got enough dust for 18 element (pus some extra that I made shards from), 12 were spread between the gens, rest went into the vault. And gachas are all out of pellets now.

And that's all for today. Yep, not much.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies the yuty. Owl and spino are adult now, replaced previous breeders with them.

Took my previous spino breeder, made a hazmat suit, and went to check out the abb cave, sine I only went a bit inside before.

It's pretty alright, as it turns out. Radiation is only very deep, the whole place is huge and pretty well-lit, and there's even loot.

I suppose I might go in there again at some point, to catch a pretties spino, or maybe to get myself a karkinos.

Returned home and on my way there saw a level 25 giga. So I decided to give giga killing another try.

I took Abaddon and went back there with him. The wildie died quickly. Bleed glitched, though, showing effect but doing no damage, so it wasn't exactly a fair fight.

Returned home again, fed dinos. Added 10 element to each generator from vault this time - I decided to not feed the gachas today, let them keep the pellets they accumulated so far and only feed them again once they have a lot.

An that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Fjordur and Lost Island). After weeks of non-stop Fjordur I decided to finally raise some tusos Eggs I’ve had in the fridge for months. I went back to our old Lost Island server and set up a ocean platform.

While attempting to switch to my cryo’d Shadowmane I accidentally pressed RT on one of my Tuso eggs and ATE IT. Why is there no warning? Not even a “are you sure”? So now I’m down to raising one Tuso haha

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, elkwildfire said:

Why is there no warning? Not even a “are you sure”? So now I’m down to raising one Tuso haha

I thought that was fixed. I've seen plenty of warnings from trying to eat eggs. I wonder if some dinos fell through the cracks and don't trigger it.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike.

Official, Fjordur) Went to refresh the ow trap, spotted a 145 male owl, trapped, tranqed, went to get some prime meat, accidentally got my bat killed on a therizino.

Killed myself, respawned, got my second bat, retrieved my deathbag and the dead bat's saddle, killed two diplos for prime meat, made a sanguine elixir, even with that still had to finish the tame on normal raw meat...

And as I was leading my new owl to the ob I saw three ovis.

Yep, all I had to do was to look for meat in just a bit different direction and I would have a better tamed owl AND would still have my stronger sidebase bat. Uploaded owl, returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the owl, named him Blueberry Cake, exported stats... 43 health and 41 weight! Glad I tamed him.

And now for the bad news. Eggvelyne the Slayer, my oldest dodo and second oldest living dino I had is no longer alive.

She starved to death because I forgot to move the dodos to the outer corner of their room when I got rid of the regular troughs on that end of the base, leaving only tek ones. I moved the surviving dodos into the trough's range, of course.

That was a pretty stupid death for a dodo that earned the second part of her name by joining other dinos in an attack at a high-level wild allo, surviving, AND landing the final blow.

I tamed a new female dodo, as close to her colors as I could find outside of an event, and named her Eggvelyne II.

Rest of my day in ARK was unremarkable: I moved the now-grown yuty to his spot, killed his father, and bred yuties. I also bred gigas and spinos. One giga egg stays (clean female, good stats iherited), rest cracked. Hatched the owl egg form the last time, podded for later. Fed gachas, got 15 element.

And that's all for today.

Sorry to hear about your losses AotAs.  glad you got a nice new tame.

we just added a server to our cluster.  we've been on Valguero, and we did a weekend on Fjordur.  after our weekend we were contemplating changing the server over to the map permanently, but opted to add it as an option.  we've been bouncing back and forth a bit now.  

with access to shadowmanes now i've tamed upa few of them and decided i'm going to seriously breed them instead of wolves.  should be fun.  i'm not giving up on my deinonychus though, i'll keep that breeding program going.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Big day today!

I fed the gachas and gathered their crystals, bred yuties, spinos and gigas, bred Blueberry Cake to Cappuccino (Cappuccino is the 49 stam owl) and the egg (female, no muts) stays because she got almost all best stats and just needs to be raised and bred back to her father for that extra point in weight.

I also added more element to the generators.

And then I decided that since I want better abb spinos some day, that some day might as well be today.

So I took rifle, darts, narcotics, kibble and pods and went into the abb cave.

I went there on my desmodus, and yes, it was a good idea. Great for disposing of both low-level spinos and any level karkinos. And anything else that displeases me by existing near me.

I sent about ten minutes looking for a good spino before finally stumbling upon a 130 female. Ugly colors, except for sail edge, but whatever. Tranqed, killed everything aggressive nearby, checked stats - and yeah, she was good enough to tame.

I left her to starve and started looking for any other high level spinos, only returning to her from time to time to feed her more narcs.

But I found none.

So, then I finally tamed her. And she ended up with 37 points in health, which is not great, but still way better than any abb spino I had before. Named her Green Bean and podded her.

And then I started looking again and 140! Okay colors! Female, but hey, I'll take what I can.

So I tranq that, check stats, yep, okay for keeping. I leave her to starve, well, not so much "leave" as AFK on the nearest mushroom tree, occasionally flying down to her to feed her more narcotics.

And the I finally tame her and that's 41 points in oxygen and 30 in melee. Now, I don't really use spinos underwater,, but it's still nice to know that there's enough oxygen for it to be an option. And that melee? Doesn't look like much, but it's still better than what I used to have. I named her Swamp Queen and podded her.

After some time of wandering around (I got lost) I went outside, started flying towards home, but wait!

There's a glimpse of silver and magenta.

Yep, a tek rex. Almost perfect colors, too, if it wasn't for that green spine.

Male, 174, and I still have enough kibble, darts, and even an empty pod.

So I tranq him. I check his stats. His stats suck. But 174, so if I get as much effectiveness as I can, he might end up being something good.

I give him some kibble and use an elixir on him.

And I go back home. I get there, I unpod my new spinos and an old, wild-tame male, I breed them. One egg stays - male, good stats inherited, clean.

I AFK some more, then I go back to my rex. He's nearly tamed, so I hunt nearby for a while, killing two alpha carnos and an alpha raptor. The rex is finally done, and boy, does that melee look unlike anything I've ever seen!

I export his stats, and holy sabertooth salmons!

That's 47 points! Other stats aren't all that great, there's decent stam (41 point) but that's it, and the dude somehow managed to get 47 points in speed, too, but for that melee I can forgive anything.

I named him Strongbite, podded him and went home.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) I didn't really feel like playing today, so there as no taming and not much hunting. I bred yuties, gigas and snow owls (two giga eggs staying, clean good stat females), fed dinos, hatched eggs form the last time (spino not staying, checked stats and I was wrong, he didn't get the good ones) and put babies (+one from the fridge. That's 1 owl and two gigas) with a maewing full of meat, made a ton of arrows and gave them to my gachas, and then spent some time AFKing, watching Bleach on my phone, only going to the gachas mid-episode and just before the end to gather crystals.

I got over 70 pieces of element like that, 48 split between my three gens and rest went into the vault.

By the time the gachas were out of arrows gigas were 2 and 3 -% grown with still plenty of meat in the maewing, so I think they'll be fine staying out.

That's all for now, I'll log back on in the evening to heck on the gigas and refresh the sidebases.

(Official, Fjordur) Gathered some blood, made parachutes and went to get a new bat. Lot the old one in the process, but tamed three so it's fine. Two higher level ones are staying as sidebase mounts and the third, low-level went to Valguero because her wings are a really nice color and nice stuff belongs on the main base.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the gigas and yep, doing juuuust fine. Imprinted them and the owl. Bred spinos (couldn't do it in the morning - forgot to turn mating off last time I bred them so females were on cooldown), eggs aren't staying. Downloaded the new bat.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Only logged on for a bit - topped up the tek troughs in the raising corner, bred gigas, yuties, spinos and owls (new owl is now grown, so bred her too). No eggs are staying. Hatched gga eggs from earlier and podded them for later.

Fed gachas a bit - just enough to get 8 pieces of element, 6 split between gens, two went into the vault.

And that's all for now.

Still (Official, Valguero) Checked on the gigas, imprinted them and added more meat to the tek troughs. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Again, only logged on for a short time. Topped up tek troughs, filled the maewing and unpodded two more gigas, I'll leave them out for the night. If they survive - cool, if not - won't be hard to replace. Imprinted the older two.

Bred spinos, yuties and gigas and one giga stays! Male, melee inherited and a mut on top of it, that's 38 points melee!

(unofficial Fjordur)

buddy an i flew down to the magmasaur cave and on the way i noticed X-triceratops for the first time.  very cool!  tamed one just because, and then saw that there are X-Allosaurus's.  those are what i've been breeding (no mutations yet) for boss fights, but i think i'm going to switch over to the x- version as they are pretty awesome looking.

• Like 1

(Caballus mod map) I re-did the Frozen Hotsprings cave since I wanted another artifact. With the notes from my first run, this one went very smoothly. The cave needs to be completed on foot and cryos don't work inside, all I had was a shoulder dimorph. The overleveled wolves and bears somehow were unable to destroy it, but just barely.

I then picked up my Glowtail project, which was not much fun. In the end I got good looking, strong ones in black and medium blue, but I made the mistake of going back to their spawn zone while the parents produced eggs. Of course I caught one that has one better stat but looks like dried leaves. I put it in the enclosure with the others but will pretend I didn't see that stat for now.

On the way back from the Glowtail spawn I swung by the Wyvern trench to pass the time and noticed a nest that was reachable on foot. It had a decent level egg, which in the incubator showed blackish purple and red-orange colors. Intrigued, I let it incubate. Then accidently cracked it. I debated with myself for a few moments if I should accept this fail, but then curiosity got the better of me and I killed Shootergame and went back a minute before the accident. And I'm glad I did. Turned out to be the most beautiful Fire Wyvern I ever had, with gorgeous contrast. I'm a weakling and a cheat, but in love.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up the troughs and maewing for the gigas. Imprinted gigas. Bred owls, one egg stays - health, stam and weight inherited.

Fed gachas a bit, only enough for 12 element. 9 split between generators, rest went into the vault.

In the evening will refresh sidebases, feed and imprint gigas again, and maybe feed gachas, too, but for now that's all.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, uploaded some dust I had.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, grabbed a couple of beacons (nothing good), refreshed the owl trap.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up the tek trough, refilled the herbivore trough.

Imprinted gigas, named younger ones.

Hatched owl, put more meat into the maewing and put the owl with it.

Forgot to download dust, but I can remember about it in the morning. And if not - it's just about a stack and a half, I can get that and more form my gachas, so not a big loss. That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Actually it was in a morning so early it was almost still night, I just didn't feel like writing right away but:

Refilled tek trough, bred spinos (one egg stays. I think it's good. I'll check later), fed dinos, retrieved the dust I uploaded yesterday. And for now that's all.

Topped up tek troughs, hatched eggs (yep, spino's good She's staying. Now just need to hatch one with other new one's stats but male).

Bred gigas and yuties, yuty stays (new mut, want to at least see it before killing it if it's not worth keeping)

Filled a maewing and put the new giga with it.

Fed gachas, all whole elements went into the gens today, only put shards made form excess dust into the vault. Decreased the gen ranges slightly (as much as I could without taking away power from anything).

Once new giga was 0.5% grown I podded him. Sure, all others are doing fine, but all others are just clean females, he's an actually important one, so I'; finish raising him once I don't have four other gigas hanging on the troughs.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Caballus mod map)

Explored the map on my Deinonychus to see if I'd missed any newly added mini caves. Instead the dino tracker mod indicated a nearly max level Bloodstalker in a tree. I never had one, so I very clumsily tamed it. I was ready to love it. I think the creature design is one of Ark's best, with the pneumatic legs and whatnot. But up close like that I really don't feel comfortable around it. It's too big and too twitchy and I have an irrational bad feeling leaving it around my passive tames. Did you also notice it pokes its proboscis into your neck while you're 'riding' it? What's up with that?!

Edited by riceandvegetable

(Official, Valguero) Topped up tek troughs (not to 100 in each, but it'll do), imprinted babies, fed gachas (stone/war maps/thatch doors. And a bit of sulfur when I ran out of everything and didn't feel like getting more).

Decreasing the range, even slightly, helped with the generators. Except one in my house decided to consume the old amount of ele, out of spite, I guess. That earned it another decrease. Added more element to generators until 18 in each, rest of element went into the vault. I probably should take gens down at some point and build new ones in better positions, so that they'll cover just as much with half the range, but that's something to think about once weather's not too hot to think, let alone seriously play.

And that's all for today

(Official, Valgeuro) Should have REALLY topped up the tek trough yesterday, to 100 in each. Older two gigas survived, but younger two starved.

Topped up tek troughs, imprinted remaining gigas.

Replaced gens with differently positioned ones, with range on the new ones being from 3 to 5.

That, of course, means I had to put some wind turbines on my base again for the illumination, and to power up the chemistry bench in the workshop and everything in the hatchery.

And since I was covering my base in wires again anyway, stretched some all the way around its edge right to the unicorn stable. Previously that part of the base was pitch-dark at nights.

Of course, middle is still dark, only lit by the transmitter, but I don't feel like adding lamps in the middle.

Bred gigas and spinos. Two giga eggs stay (clean 36 melee females, replacement for the ones that died), and one spno stays too (male, mother's melee inherited).

Fed dinos, gave gachas stone and gathered crystals.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valgeuro) Checked on the gigas, imprinted them. Hunted to get meat, got lots, topped up troughs. Hunted again, filled the maewing. While hunting the second time spotted a level 90 alpha rex, attacked. Counted bites. Took 15 bites to kill it.

Unpodded the melee mut giga near the maewing. Since all troughs are full and the girls are nearly grown he should be perfectly fine. I'll check on him in the evening, but for now that's all.

Wanted to log on literally for a minute just to imprint gigas and restack meat in the maewing. Maybe get some more meat, too.

But I saw a 156 female tek rex.

So I tranqed her and gave her kibble. I'll leave her on her own. She has 25 points in health, which is not great but there's always a chance she'll get a decent amount post-tame.

So, I returned and she's tamed. And she has 41 point health - good!

I named her Gemma and bred her to Stongbite right away. No luck, though. I also bred yuties and owls. Rearranged owls, too - got rid of old males (and accidentally one of the good ones. Oops). Two owl eggs are staying, one male, one female. Both clean and with the good stats.

Killed off my old boss rexes. Unfortunately, accidentally killed Katakan (my best desmodus) too. Oops again.

Kept the rex saddles that were 78+, got rid of other ones, made some new ones.

Fed gachas a bit. Restacked meat in the maewing again.

That's all for now, will log back on in an hour or two to refresh sidebases, and that'll be all for today.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, refreshed owl trap, killed an alpha raptor.

(Official, Extinction) Did a blue drop (nothing good), fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Topped up the troughs and mae. The gigas were 16 minutes away form next imprint but I want to sleep so they'll wait until morning.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(The Eärrion sponsored mod map)

Started a few days ago at a "hard" spawn (Burned Island). So far I had a megaloceros to run around with and a tek stego in my pocket as backup. Also in my pocket were the components for a trap, since I planned to get a megatherium next. Instead, I ran into a pack of R-Allos and decided to get at least one of those. They refused. After much ridiculousness and my survivor getting de-pantsed, one aggroed on the structure long enough to get the torpor up a decent amount, then I chased it around with a boomerang after I ran out of tranq arrows. It dropped, but Argies had eaten the cadavers I'd saved to feed it with.

I got on my deer and went looking for something meaty and weak, and there was a lv 10 spino by a pond. I'd killed worse with the deer, so we attacked. We kept hitting the spino - when suddenly something else started hitting it from the rear. A wild bary. It ate the entire spino, stunned me off my deer, and by the time we'd dealt with that, a Yutyrannus gang had joined in.  The deer got feared, mad clicking ensued while three carnos and their boss piled onto me. For a moment, I panicked and completely forgot how to Ark, trying to use a pike against them while they ripped through my flak gear. When I got to my senses, I pulled out the tek stego, switched mounts and continued clicking. I expeced this would turn the tide, but nope. Slowly but surely, we got melted.

Then finally I seemed to have the carnos under control, dared to breathe - and behold, a megatherium on crack threw itself into the battle. I knew we were doomed then. Bye bye, shiny new tek stego. I kept fighting until my mount died, then ran away and whistled passive and follow all, just in case the deer was still around. A second later, it died as well. I finally risked a look back. At least with all the carnage, my mounts, the yuty and its mates all scattered dead on the ground, I could now take my pick what to feed the R-Allo with. When I went to retrieve the saddles, I also saw that my deer had a spino sail and an allo brain in its inventory. I probably put these in since it can't harvest corpses, but in that moment, I was moved nonetheless. I finished taming up the Allo, walked it back to base and built two gravestones.

Nothing like early game!

(Official, Valgeuro) Imprinted gigas. The new one is juvi now.

Hatched eggs that were ready. I had two yuty ones, and... Well. I rarely remember stats except for some real important ones (wake me up at night and ask me the melee on my gigas, and I'll answer correctly. Other tames - not so much), so I have to check after hatch anyway despite using incubators. So I had hopes for the yuties.

But nope. One's speed other's food, and so they both became food for my wyvern.

Moved meat from the maewing to the tek troughs.

Fed gachas, topped up gens to 30 in each (wasn't hard, the most any of them spent since being built was 5 ele), and remaining element went into the vault.

Also, won't try to get a male dust gacha anymore - turns out the happiness of a male gacha between two females is extremely fragile: it only lasts as long as he's not given any food to make crystals from. Once that happens he realizes that he's in an awful situation of having two girls all to himself. The horror. So, yeah, three happily producing gachas aren't happening, so no point to look for a male dust - I'll barely get anything form a third if I get it anyway.

And that's all for now.

Imprinted gigas, older two are fully imprinted now. Found an arrow BP, making food for gachas will be easier now - no more getting stuck making it in my own inventory.

Hunted, kept all the hide because making saddles drained my whole vault.

Topped up the tek troughs and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(The Eärrion sponsored mod map)

Wörk, wörk, wörk! I still haven't left Burned Island but I also really dig the atmosphere there. However, good levels are hard to come by, you kinda have to use the animals that the game lets you have - no good equus, so the deer stays in use. Supply drops are also ultra rare. I imprinted a new megatherium and while levelling it, decided to build a metal outpost. Afterwards, I emptied my oil pump for the first time, I'm glad I even found that one lone oil well. I'm still holding off on taming a flyer, enjoing the ground based gameplay a lot.

After I'd hauled resources back to base and only now crafted my first longneck, I decided to tempt fate and head toward an area that I believed to be the entrance to the "Hell" biome. Plenty of insects on the way down, so I figured I'd be fine with the megatherium. When I arrived, the entrance was basically clogged with Fire Wyverns. But while I wondered how I could deal with them, they kind of dispersed. I did a test fight against a mere lv 5, which was much dicier than I'd have liked.

With the entrance now free, I waltzed through just like I'd hoped. Then I noticed the huge holes in one of the walls, which opened up into a gigantic round chasm with Fire Wyvern nests in the walls and Magmasaurs on the bottom. I thought I could pull the wyverns one by one while I was still on bug crack, which was a horrible idea, and my megatherium only survived because there were only three wyverns inside. The last was a 145 and nearly did us in. Then I almost killed my survivor with fall damage, but was rewarded with an Artifact and my first wyvern egg. Only a lv. 90, but it could've been worse. Could have been a 25. Steered my poor tattered cookie monster blue megatherium back to base and let it rest.

(Official, Valguero) Didn't feel like writing tight away, but: in the morning I imprinted the young giga and moved the now-grown females to their place (replaced one of the old with one, and fit the other between her and the other two).

Bred tek rexes, no luck - it didn't get the health.

For now that's all.

Logged back on, imprinted giga, bred yuties, owls and sinos (1 owl and 1 sino staying). Also bred desmodus.

Went to wander, but took a rifle and some darts with me just in case.

Saw a 145 argy, tranqed, dude had some mad melee, went to get kibble, returned, he was nearly eaten by a carno (7.7 health remaining). Saved him, went to get an owl, he was eaten by raptors.

But I saw another 145, also male!

I tried to tranq him so that he drops onto an offline player's base for safety. Got killed. Respawned, took a wyvern, harpoon launcher and 10 nets, went back, netted, tranqed. And boy, that's one near-unicorn of an argent!

28 health, 31 stam, 31 weight. If it wasn't for only 18 melee, he'd be the greatest wild argy I've ever seen, but even as he was he was certainly something.

So, he's losing food and I decide to try and get a second. I lure one, a 140, also male. I die in the process of netting. I respawn, get back there on a bat, net, tranq. Nope, no good.

So I notice a different one, a female. I try, I die, I respawn, I get back there on a tropeo, I try, I die, I respawn, I get back there on another wyvern, I try to net, I waste all nets, but off a desmodus I finally tranq her!

And there's some decent stats, though not as great as the first.

And the first one is tamed and hoooly coels! 41 health, 39 stam, 42 weight!

I bring him home (and all the extra tames I brought with me I bring home too, of course.). And also he's almost all black - only legs aren't black, but I'll fix it at some point by breeding. I named him Stan. Might change that later.

And I got back to the female. And once she's tamed... Wow. 47 melee. That's some battle bird!

So I bring her home, too. Named her Hitta, since her ability to hit hard is her most prominent quality.

And I unpod one of my old argies, Sophani. She's a wild-tame, event colors, 45 health.

So I breed them. Hitta's egg only good for cracking, but Sophani's got almost all I need and is a female, so I'll just need to raise her and breed her back to Stan to get the remaining stats.

For now that's all but I'll log back on in a few hours to check on bats and top up tek troughs.

Topped up troughs, imprinted giga, waited for one bat, terminated the other (stats pretty much the same, and I don't feel like waiting an extra hour. So one bat it is). And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos