So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

My favourite mod map Caballus has been updated with four new artifact caves. The author just didn't post any coordinates yet. One was said to have an underwater entrance, so I grabbed my Shadowmane and did laps around the map. I found at least ten amazing looking caves I didn't know existed, but not the artifact one.

Another was said to be in the ice biome, and I spent another hour or so trying to find that. Frustrated that I couldn't spot it despite all my efforts, I finally went under the mesh and spent an equal amount of time trying to locate the cave, which was mostly invisible from the outside view. After an eternity I finally pinpointed the entrance, and when I did I didn't feel bad about cheating anymore. The entrance was at the very back end of a boring looking, foggy resource cave, completely hidden between rocks, through a tiny puddle like there are hundreds on the map. I wouldn't have found this even if I had looked for a week. The cave itself though was fantastic, both in terms of looks and the puzzles inside, and pretty challenging. I made it out with the artifact and a healthy dose of respect, but need to grind for a bit before I can afford to go in again and look at the unexplored parts.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Killed last time's fail spino egg. Bred gigas, yuties, and spinos (yuty stays until I play next time - I thought it was good, but I checked just now (I remembered its health, just not what it was SUPPOSED to be) and nope).

Wandered around, grabbing beacons. Nothing particularly good.

Gave gachas some arrows and stone pipes, got a nice amount of element, also crafted all my shards into element.

Decided that I can afford to try that surveillance console thing, so made it, made three cameras, placed them on different parts of my base and...

Well. I don't regret learning the engram, but I don't really see how it's useful for me. It's cool, but that's it. Not enough to waste element on keeping the gen powered for it. Demolished the console, picked up the cameras and stored them in case I decide to give it another try.

And that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Didn't breed anything today. Took Abaddon, went hunting. Four or five alpha carnos, one alpha rex. Got Abaddon another level, just one more level up and he'll hit 400% melee.

That's all for now.

(Official, Fjordur) Took blood (for elixirs), cryopods, tranq arrows and a crossbow and went to get a pair of R snow owls.

Grabbed a few crates on my way there, but nothing good.

Saw a 150 female owl and a 95 male!

But the only trap available was no good.

So I had to build my own instead.

Built it (pillars, ceilings, doorframes, a gate on one end), lured in the male, tranqed him, started taming.

While I was at it I decided to lure the female closer and did just that.

But then someone on a skiff went by and after that the owl was gone, whether dead or tamed by the skiff-rider, I don't know. Point is - it wasn't tamed by me.

The male got tamed, I podded him and went looking for a decent female instead of the lost 150. And after a bit of searching found a 130. Not bad!

Trapped, tranqed, tamed, podded, uploaded.

Returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the owls, named (male is Lilac Candy, female is Blackberry Muffin. I'm all out of imagination, okay? It's that or random letter combinations that can probably be pronounced but mean absolutely nothing), checked stats. Blackberry Muffin has 32 health, 38 stam and 27 melee, and Lilac Candy has 26 weight. Together they can make a sorta okay owl.

Podded one of the normal owl pairs near the gachas and put new R-owls in their place.

Bred yuties and gigas and yuty egg STAYS! Male, mut stats inherited, ony one of the ugly mut colors inherited. So, that's a yuty worth raising.

Took Abaddon and went hunting. No alphas, got him some Exp, but not enough to level up.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Stole my first deinonychus eggs and hastily made hatchery for them over on the lost island, though mainly play the island, but since I learned how to upload my survivor I started exploring across a few different maps! This was a few hours ago though, so since it’s past 12PM I technically did it yesterday but yk :) 

(Official, Valguero) Filled a maewing with meat and hatched the yuty. Put him with the maewing. Bred R-owls, spinos and gigas. Owl stays (clean female), rest failures.

Wiped my stats, because I had some entirely pointless ones (don't need health if I'm always wearing at least 200 points worth of armor and ride a giga or wyvern, don't need melee since I only harvest with dinos and only attack with dinos or ranged weapons. Seriously, nothing but an occasional thyla gets to touch me). Now instead of what it used to be I have 60 fortitude, 650 crafting skill, and 330 weight, rest untouched completely.

Re-learned engrams I actually need (had some useless learned can't remember why), went to a LI server to grab the Ext and Gen ones. Took a podded wyvern with me, used it to get to the nearest spot to travel back to Valg from, left it there (wasn't an important wyvern. And don't worry - I used a beacon in the middle of nowhere, so it's not occupying space at an ob or on some player's base).

Took Abaddon and went hunting. 2 alpha raptors, 3 alpha carnos. Went around most of the map, only using a pod and a sino to skip one area (a giga spawn). And finally got Abaddon to level 260 and 401.8 melee! Also, while hunting in the Redwood two level 20 wild thylas attacked me, one after another. Both were dead faster than I hit the ground. Seriously, what did they expect jumping on a player riding a 200% at hatch giga?

Returned home, fed dinos, hatched the owl and put it with the maewing. Added more meat to the maewing, turned gen on and filled a trough and a half - both the owl and the yuty are staying out.

For now that's all. Will play more later (or at least refresh the sidebases and check on the owl and the yuty).

(Official, Extinction) Did a blue drop. Nothing good. Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed trike, checked if wyverns still have enough crystals (yep, still good)

(Official, Valguero) Checked how the yuty and owl are doing Alive, well, still plenty meat left. Imprinted them.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Big day, big day!

No, no bossfights or daring adventures.

But still a big day: I switched my base (only the base, water pen stays as it was) to tek gens. Now everything electrical is powered by three gens at max range (I checked with a tek gen calculator and apparently it's not that bad? It says 30 pieces of element is about 5 days on max range and I can make 30 pieces easy with my two dust gachas), and I took down wind turbines, the one normal generator, and all the wires (except for ones I couldn't destroy without having to break the floor of the building they're in first).

Did that because 1:

my wires were a mess, I finally grew tired of it and 2:

Gigas eat fast. Owls and gachas eat fast. Having to refill normal troughs all the time is annoying, so I thought that maybe having tek troughs in the big carnivore corner and by the gacha spot would improve things. 

And destroyed my crop plots and replaced them with tek ones. Just because. So now it's three tek crop plots per each crop plus two for stimberries.

So, yea, there's that.

I gave gachas a lot of food (seeds and stone), got some element from them. Not much because nearly out of pellets, and used most of it to make crop plots, but whatever.

Might take down one of the gens and build a new one near where it used to stand, but that's not urgent, it covers everything fine, I just don't really like how it looks.

Bred gigas, spinos, R-owls and sinos. Owl stays (clean male, already hatched and I think I even placed him with the maewing), rest killed.

Fed some of the dinos, and that's all for either today or just now. Not sure yet.

Played a bit more. Owl (named Blueberry Tea. I think I might actually stick with "sweets and teas" naming theme for R-Owls) is adult now, put her with two others. Podded one of the remaining two normal owls.

Took Abaddon, went hunting. Five alpha carnos, and my chibi is max level now, meaning I'll get to level to 110!

Returned home and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

we had to roll our server back a day and a half...  :(

a few of us lost access to our characters and were prompted to create new upon trying to log in.  also, some settings were not functioning properly.

no one was overly affected, we were gearing up for a boss fight and lost resources we had been gathering to make some new saddles.  we'll recover.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos (ones that needed it. Didn't have to put any new food into the gga and owl/gacha tek troughs), bred gigas, spinos and owls.

Owls are staying (both clean males, so they're only temporary until I hatch two clean females instead), rest was no good.

Imprinted yuty and owl, put more meat into their troughs.

Gave dust gachas a ton of stuff to eat, got enough dust for 34 element plus a bit extra that I made into shards.

Since I haven't done anything with them in a while, podded breeder ankylos and all but two bats.

Hatched new owls, filled a maewing and put them with it.

And that's all for today (or for now if I decide to check on the owls later).

Checked on the owls. They're fine. Imprinted yuty and oldest owl.

And now that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Added two maps to my cluster for a month so players can begin their ascension process for mjolnir, dusted off breeding project for baryonyx since I've been on an aquatic tame kick lately, cleared more rulebreaking bases, tamed a high level glowtail with amazing colors, lost said highlevel glowtail with amazing colors to a true clusterfvck of bad luck as a ravager, raptor, and reaper queen all decided to dogpile me and murdered it while I tried to pick it up, killed ravager and raptor in a blind rage, lured and trapped the reaper in the public trap for players to use despite also wanting to kill it in revenge, tamed a high level arthro and immediately cryo'd it to prevent another loss, went back to base to repair the tattered remains of my armor from the assault and trapping process, screamed internally with the force and fury of a dying star as I realized I was short on black pearls. Guess I'm going with riot armor till I get enough pearls for my tek suit

(Official, Valguero) Logged on to check on the owls (doing fine, imprinted all but one, which wanted cooked prime fish. Didn't feel like rerolling its request), but noticed one of my two dust gachas wasn't standing where she's supposed to. Neither was her owl - the only owl on my base that I didn't set to passive.

I checked and, of course, the gacha was wounded and the owl had some fresh meat in his inventory.

So I healed the gacha up and decided that I need to prevent such risks in the future (should have done that before, but I'm just still not used to having rare and valuable dust gachas. back when obsidian and black pear ones were my most valuable, it didn't even matter if anything happens - two or three tries at taming would yield a replacement)

I took down the existing crystal collectors and built a bit more complex one, with actual collector parts being roughly the same as before, but their outer walls being extended into a fence around all three gachas and their owls.

And that's all for now.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, uploaded some stuff I had, wandered around, saw some player doing purple defence with gigas and ice titan, watched for a bit.

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, grabbed some beacons, uploaded some loot.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the owls. Oldest is adult now, put him with the gachas.

Imprinted the rest (except for one that wants prime fish. Still don't feel like either fulfilling his wish OR podding-unpodding to make him want something more reasonable), added more meat to the trough. Checked how the generators are doing, 19 element left in each. Not bad.

Retrieved the uploaded things and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted owls and yuty, bred spinos, owls and gigas (nothing good).

Fed wyverns and whales (nothing else needed more food).

Gave gachas some arrows to eat, got enough dust for 12 pieces of element. Only fed them for a short time and they still dropped that much, getting such an amount with stone would have taken longer.

Made some more arrows for the next feeding, got all the loot into the grinder, and that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty. Owls are adult and moved to the gachas.

Fed herbivores, added a bit more meat to the gacha and raising corner troughs.

Bred gigas and owls, owl stays (clean female).

Gave gachas a ton of arrows, got 43 element, 42 or it spread between my three generators.

Made more arrows for the next feeding.

And that's all for today. Yeah, not much. Didn't really feel like playing.

(Official, Fjordur) Went to refresh the owl trap.

And happened to spot a 150 female owl.

So, tamed. Uploaded. Returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Tried for a male dust gacha again. Nnope. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Yuty is adult now, moved him to the breeding stand and podded his father. Bred yuties, spinos and gigas. One yuty egg stays, but only because I want to see just how ugly it is (it inherited new one's dark green and mutated with a different shade on a different region), after that I'll kill it, since the mut is on oxygen anyway.

Retrieved the new owl, put her with the rest, exported stats...

And just like that in a single spontaneously tamed owl I got my new best melee, weight and stam for R-owls. Melee is 34, weight is 40 and stam is...

Wait for it...

Forty. Nine!

Awesome.

Anyway, after that I fed dinos and gave gachas arrows. Got 34 pieces of element, 30 of it split between generators.

And that's all for today. CI sidebase can wait until toorrow.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike. Gave wyverns more crystals, even though they still had plenty.

(Official, Valguero) Hatched the yuty. Yep, ugly as hell! Killed. At first wanted to drain it with a desmodus, since babies are carriable by pretty much everything including bats, but turns out life steal can't kill, only drain health until it's really low, so I finished the job with a fire wyvern's breath.

Harvested some rare flowers, I was running low on them.

Saw a level 114 male tek rex just outside, tamed, checked stats, killed. Not worth keeping, melee four points lower than what my existing tek rexes started with.

Went looking for more tek rexes, found absolutely none. Killed an alpha rex with my desmodus, though. And an alpha carno, but that was nearly dead already, so barely counts.

Returned home, bred yuties, gigas and owls. Two yuty eggs stay (mut stats inherited and a new weight mut on both, I'll keep one that looks better), rest cracked, except for owl eggs which went into the Noodle's inventory - the snake needs to eat!

Didn't feed the gachas today, but stuck near them just so that owls would puke out more pellets for them.

(Official, Valguero) Hatched yuties, kept the prettier one (well, relatively prettier) and put him with the maewing.

Gave gachas some arrows.

Bred owls, gigas, spinos and yuties, one owl egg stays (clean male, 49 stam inherited),

Podded magmas and went to the loot cave, bred them there. Prepared for worst (sleeping bags, crossbow, grapples), but the egg was actually easy to pick up, got it off the female's back with a whip on first try.

And since I was in the cave anyway, grabbed the crates. Got a decent fabricated pistol BP.

Returned home, put the magmas back in their place near the sino coop, checked the egg. Bad. Very bad. Only got weight from the mother, rest from the dad, and that means 7 melee and 8 health. Cracked.

Took Abaddon and went hunting, 1 alpha rex, 1 alpha carno, some dust form tek dinos, and I'm finally level 110.

Hatched the owl, put him with the maewing too. Added more meat to the raising corner troughs and the maewing - they're staying out until I next log on.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty and owl (second imprint, I logged on briefly yesterday to do their first), added more meat to the troughs, fed arthropleuras (they're out of any troughs range and for most part they can feed themselves just fine with things that spawn within the base, but today's only spawns are two doeds).

For now that's all.

Plans for today include practicing shadowmane taming in singleplayer. Maybe something else out of what I can get on Fjordur, too (turtles, maybe? Can't imagine bothering with Ferox)

(Unmodded singleplayer, Fjordur) Tried out shadowmane taming (with a trap) and ferox taming. Shadowmanes are way too hard and using one wasn't particularly fun, ferox were easier and more fun to use. So, despite shadowmanes looking better, out of the two if I decide to tame something for real, it'd be a ferox.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

OUR SERVER DID A THING!

we changed the server over for the weekend from Valguero to Fjorder for a 3 day weekend.  

we started the server the week before Fjordor was released, and a few people wanted to try it out.  we uploaded a few of our dinos and a few items, then switched the server for the weekend.  we had a blast!

i found and tamed a tropeognathis, a griffon, a snow owl, a mating pair of shadowmanes, and a few maewings.

a friend of mine tamed a couple of Velonasaurs, another snow owl, and a fjordhawk for each of us.

together we stole a couple of rock drake eggs, and a couple of lightning wyvern egs.  

we didn't realize until getting back that we have no way on valguero to get nameless venom in order to mate the rock drakes.

the tame i'm the most happiest with is the shadowmanes.  i've always been a big fan of wolves and equus, these are similar in some ways, but soo much more. 

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Logged on and a good thing I did! Yuty and owl were almost out of meat.

Added more to their troughs, imprinted them, fed everything else that needed it, bred gigas and spinos (spino stays. Haven't compared stats yet but I think it's finally right.

Added 20 element to each gen, fed gachas until I got enough dust for 10 element and a bit over 800 shards.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Caballus mod map)

Finally had time to keep exploring the newly added caves. Went into the jungle/pirate themed one and got lost in there for three hours. It's mostly about reading clues, finding switches and completing a few skill tests. I got thoroughly confused and wasted so many grapples, but in the end did reach the artifact. Then realized the doors had closed behind me and I was locked in. Spent another hour or so going over each riddle again until I finally found a way back out.

With the Artifact of Growth I could finally craft the ritual BP to summon one of the three God Horses. These need to be tamed with map-specific diamonds. The plant themed horse appeared inside my fenced-in base and immediately spooked, then ran off a cliff and into a heavily predator infested valley at preternatural speed. Thankfully it calmed down before anything hungry saw it, and was tamed quickly. My nerves.

• Like 1

(Official, Fjordur) Went to (damn. Forgot name again. The volcano island) to gather some oil. Got a bit over three stacks.

Returned home, grabbed two beacons on my way there, nothing good. Fed dinos, put oil with hide into the forge and lit it.

(Official, Extinction) Spent some time flying on my wyvern, chomping lampposts. Got a bit over three stacks of dust, uploaded them. Fed dinos.

(Officlal, Valguero) Gave the yuty more meat and imprinted him. Owl's adult, named him Cookie. Rearranged owls so that Cookie's the only male on his gacha, podded one owl because four per gacha is enough in my opinion. Bred owls, one egg stays (49 stam, because it's Cookie's and his mother's egg so other stam without mutation is literally impossible, plus weight inherited). Hatched last time's spino, exported stats, and yes, he stays. He's finally right.

Retrieved uploaded dust and made it into element, and also gave dust gachas 6 stacks of arrows each and stayed with them picking up crystals until they were completely out of arrows.

That's all, maybe for now, maybe for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!

Pretty new here and incredibly late to the ARK party. 

Picked it up for free on my son's Xbox (he left it at home and I decided to power it up) and now I can't get enough of it.

The good, it has rekindled my love for vidya games.

The bad, I slack on HW, chores and brushing out our dogs. Wait that falls under chores right?

Anyways I am at work and jonesing to get home to squeeze in just a few hours of ARK.

Currently have 3 Rexs I tamed and CANT WAIT to have saddles for all 3 of them. Just learned that if I kite alphas to them they shred anything that comes into their path.

A pleasure to join you all 🦤

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty, added more food to the trough.

Filled the maewing, hatched owl, put it with the yuty. Previously hatched spino, too.

Fed what needed feeding.

Made all my eggs into kibble. That's a lot of kibble! I rarely tame things, but better be ready. I mean, last time I used kibble was for a near-max level giga of all things,, so it's best to have lots in case my spontaneous taming is that of something big and serious.

Fed gachas.

Gathered some obsidian, made poly. Since I used the replicator anyway, also made all my shards into element.

Bred gigas, one egg stays. Clean female, all good stats inherited, I just decided it might be a good idea to replace current breeder females with ones with same stats as male. Just so that when I finally get a melee mut it won't be on wrong melee.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty, spino and owl.

And since there was low risk of sudden FPS drop (well. To be honest, the risk was low for a few weeks already - ever since I played around with settings until I achieved the point where 30-40 FPS is the norm, but the graphics still look pretty much the same), I made 120 grenades, took my tropeo and went to the trench.

Because seriously, it's been a long, long, LONG time since tropeos were added, and I haven't used them for their true purpose of epic aerial combat even once.

So I got there, and I attacked the first wyvern. 55.

And won!

And it turns out that while tropeo can't sprint while frozen, the boosting speed is still very much there and so is diving.

So keeping the distance until debuff wears off is pretty easy.

Next wyvern, 50.

Another win!

20... It had no chance.

And even a 185 died quickly.

Then I stole and egg, just because. 150. Checked it at home, it wasn't any good, but the very fact I for once stole an egg with something other than a wyvern is cool in my opinion.

That's all for now (or for today).

• Like 1

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos, put the gasoline into the generator.

(Official, Extinction) Looked for drops. Only found a yellow, did that. Got a 70+ armor megalania saddle, some dust and some polymer. And less remarkable loot only good for grinding for resources was there too, of course. Returned home, uploaded loot, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Added more meat to the tek trough in the raising corner. Imprinted babies. Gave gachas 6 stacks of arrows each, collected crystals. Lots of loot crystals today, unfortunately, so only got enough dust for 8 whole pieces of element.

• Like 1