So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Bred some desmodus and andrewsarchus, deleted a pair of gates barring access to the bifrost portal that a player put up, set up a public teleporter to the bifrost so people either at the tek era or simply using the community center public tp can get there safely, proceeded to get in an argument with said player when they logged in to see their gates destroyed and the teleported there, pointed out the rule in the welcome message literally saying not to block off important resources and locations, ignored the rest of their whining while I proceeded to try and figure out how to Tokyo drift on an andrewsarchus, drifted off a cliff on said andrewsarchus into a group of deinonychus, had minor heartattack fighting them off, walk of shamed back to base on a nearly dead ansdrewsarchus

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

(Official, Fjordur) Fed dinos. Added two foundations to the house (walls and roofs extended too, of course), because I'll need extra space for fabricator, refrigerator, and possibly a cryofridge. Will have to maybe add a tiny second floor for a generator, though - no way it'll fit on the first one.

Built a fabricator, made a bit of polymer, and a canteen.

Hunted beacons, but didn't find anything good.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, rexes, spinos, dodos and sinos. Nothing good.

Filled a maewing, unpodded spino and yuties.

Unpodded wyverns.

Went to try for a male theri again, nnope. Best I found was a 135 female, I tranqed her anyway, but her stats were absolutely pathetic, so I killed her.

Hunted for deinon eggs, nothing good.

Went to get milk for wyverns (and maybe an egg), lost my milk-run ice wyvern, but managed to escape on my sino - with a 180 egg!

Which wasn't any good.

Checked the fridge, picked an ice wyvern to use as a new milkrunner. It was Frostwing - an okay, but not valuable male ice, 32 health, 21 stam, 24 weight, 34 damage, full imprint of course. I leveled hit to a bit over 2000 stam, rest into melee, and went to get milk. Got it successfully this time, returned home and fed the wyverns. Imprinted one, podded them, imprinted spino, podded her and the yuties, and that's all for today.

(Unmodded singleplayer Fjordur) Checked out the rock drake cave. I think I'll leave drakes until transfers are open - making a hazamt suit would be easier on main base.

Also decided on which cave I'll get desmodus from - the small one on that swamp island thing. The corridor up to where desmodus are seems to be safe enough, and bats themselves aren't too deep. And the island isn't far from where my base on official is, so I could go there on a ptera, won't take long. No need to risk my owl.

That's all for today (caught a cold, so don't feel like doing anything, which includes playing ARK)

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred sinos, gigas, spinos and rexes. One spino egg stays (good stats inherited, male, stam mut with color matching the previous mut, but on a different region).

That's all, probably for today, and not just for now.

So. Felt better (less like a sleepy/hungry bag o' snot, more like a human), so played more. And here's what I did:

(Official, Fjordur) First I fed the dinos. Owlmazing was hungry as hell - owls are flying gigas when it comes to consuming ungodly amounts of meat! Then I added a second floor to my house, a tiny one, just big enough for a generator. And crafted a generator. And a refrigerator. And some lampposts, too.

Then I went to the volcano island the name of which I can't remember (you know the one. There's only one) for oil.

Made a few stacks of gasoline, powered the gen.

Then spent, like, an hour nearly bleeding my poor character dry, storing the blood in the fridge, healing with the owl and repeating the process.

Did that until I had enough for a max level desmodus (on current rates) plus a bit extra.

Made a saddle. Left it in the smithy in case things go wrong.

Man, am I glad I did that! Sometimes I do smart things.

So I went to that cave I mentioned in the last SP post.

One I deemed perfect.

Yeah, not perfect at all.

When I tested in SP I was in creative mode, nothing could touch me.

When I went there on server it turned out oops! The cave is A POISONOUS HELLHOLE.

And a laghole, 1 FPS whenever I approached.

So, yeah. I mounted m ptera and left.

Did some googling, found out about another cave. Quite far, but no poison and nothing but the right kind of bats in there.

I went there. On owl, because FAST.

So I enter, some piece of medium animal feces left pillars outside near the entrance so no sleeping bags for poor little me.

Literally nothing could go right at this point.

But I aggro a bat anyway.

It's an okay level, it's a male, that's good. It's accompanied by a higher level female, that's bad.

No, I didn't get all my blood bags pointlessly shared by two bats.

No, I didn't get killed (that happened later).

It's just...

Don't tame bats indoors, people. Lure them outside. Anti-mesh doesn't care that it's  a wild animal you have no control of shoving you into the wall or under the floor.

As I said, didn't get killed. Just forcibly teleported back home.

So I took my ptera and went back.

And made the same mistake: let the bat grab me indoors. Also, my owl got killed, but I was able to loot the saddle and store it in the ptera for safety.

So I got teleported again. Took my trike, teleported as close as I could to the cave (not an easy task, I didn't remember which of the teleport spots is the right one. I never do). Got there, had to sacrifice the trike, leaving it to terror birds and saberteeth.

This time bats were outside. High-level ones gone, presumably killed - I saw a player nearby.

But there were two low-levels, 20 and 15. Both female.

I went to them and tamed the 15.

Unfortunately, I forgot parachutes so she dropped me to my death.

I tried to get back there on foot, but had no luck.

Then I tamed a ptera, but died while searching for something to kill for chitin/keratin.

Then I finally got enough mats, made the saddle, teleported to the approximate location of the new ptera (only took two tries), saddled it up, retrieved old ptera and the bad, and returned home. Put the saddle on the bat, named her Betty.

Betty will be staying on the sidebase, since hunting dodos is much more fun (and much faster) than draining my own blood. So, yeah. She'll be a sidebase bat, and something more decent (hopefully a pair of somethings) will be later tamed and sent to the main one.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 1

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded babies for some raising, but only a bit. Hatched yesterday's spino. Fed carnivores. Bred gigas, sinos and rexes.

After a bit podded all babies except for three oldest wyverns.

(Official, Fjordur) Got some keratin and hide in case I'll need another ptera replacement.

Got more blood (thanks to Betty it's easy and fun, and involves precisely zero standing in front of the fridge bleeding myself near-dry and healing back up). Ended up with 304 blood packs.

Made parachutes (6).

Went to the cave, went in, there were only two bats (a 45 female that I saw, and a male implied by her mate boost, which turned out to be 135). Aggroed, and RAN.

Out, and underwater, and back on land. And only there I let the bat grab me.

I tamed the male no problem, parachuting whenever he dropped me, but the female got distracted by my ptera. Took a while to get her attention back.

By the time I started on the female I only had two parachutes, so when she was tamed I fell to my death.

Respawned at home, got Betty, teleported with her pretty close to the cave (I really should start writing down which teleport destination is near what, though), whistled all tames to follow, retrieved my stuff, went to the green ob, uploaded the new bats and returned home. The blood packs I had left went back into the fridge.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved my bats, named them (male is now Konrad and the female is Lamia), made saddles for them.

Spent a bit of time riding Konrad around, killing stuff. He's exactly as great as I expected. Definitely will breed the bats at some point to see how good a fully imprinted would be. The only downside is that I either have to leave my sino at home or only enable and disable night vision while dismounted, since it's "R" both for the wheel menu and for dropping the shoulder pet.

Repodded the wyverns and that's it for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Fjordur is tough, died more than i care to remember. I play on singleplayer with max taming so it could be lots harder but i don't have the time or patience for that. I finally have a base of operation and mild tames. I have decided that I need to keep my tames out because of random things spawning in my base when i leave. Picture of my current situation. 

ark new map.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yesterday on (Official, Valguero) I was only able to play at night yesterday. I fed dinos, bred gigas (noting good. Got a new mut, but on female, and not melee), unpodded wyverns for raising (only wyverns, though).

Bred desmodus, fully intending to stay awake the whole time.

Hunted, did a milk run and fed wyverns.

Used Sanguine Elixir on all the wyverns that weren't fully imprinted yet. I wouldn't have any problem with their full imprint in any case, but I just wanted to use the magic bat juice and see if it really does the thing wiki says it does.

Unfortunately, when it was just 49 minutes until Lamia gave birth to a new bat - my first bred bat, I realized I'm too tired and there's no way I'll stay awake that long. So I podded-unpodded her, repodded all wyverns except for Alduin, Clear Sky and Frozen Sea (they were old enough and with enough food to survive), and logged off.

Today on (Official, Valguero) I checked on the wyverns (growing fine) and just in case did a milk run and fed them.

Will check on sidebases later, but for now that's all.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas (nothing good). Alduin and Clear Sky are adult now. Bred Clear Sky to Ouch, egg stays (male, got Sky's weight and Ouch's melee, which is exactly what I wanted).

Unpodded fail gigas and killed them with Alduin's breath, which gave him enough Exp to level him to over 2000 stam and over 500% melee, making him my strongest fire wyvern.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

Couldn't do anything of Fjordur sidebase because server's full.

For now that's all.

(Official, Fjordur) Finally had some spots left, so I logged on. And died. Because my house is on a cliff and, I guess, I rendered before it did or something. No problem, though - I died upon logging in, so I just went down and retrieved my stuff.

Took Betty the bat, went to that volcano island for some oil. Got a bit of obsidian, too just because it was there.

Then hunted, fed dinos, put the oil into the forge and turned it on, put the obsidian into the fabricator and made some poly, ran to the center of the house so that there's floor AND actual solid cliff under me this time, logged off and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Fjordur, (local multiplayer)-

I deleted the old world, started anew. Had a better start this time, no gigas tearing through our bodies today :). Problem is, the spawn was absolutely covered with the stupid thief birds. I killed a few as they attacked me, and decided I'd had enough. I made up a thatch 2x1 hut, just barely big enough for two sleeping bags and a campfire. Later tamed up a lystro and a lvl 20 para, not bad for less then 45 minutes. Got up to the bow before a carno rampaged through and killed the para and the lystro. I admin moded and blasted the carno in the face after a pitched battle during which I was periodically knocked unconscious because of stam, and during which the carno couldn't hit me. I was not about to lose all my stuff a second time because a freaking random predator just spawned in right next to my base. Yeah...I'm not proud of it either. Anyway, went on to tame Sir Perry the II, and spent the rest of the day making a second bow, because a thief bird had stolen it just before the carno attack (coincidence? I THINK NOT!).

And that's all for today! Good luck and Happy ARKing!

(Official, Valguero) Frozen Sea is adult now, moved him to other wyverns and bred him to Ouch. And the baby, once again, has right stats on first try!

Unpodded babies, hatched yesterday's wyvern and put him with the others to raise.

Bred gigas, rexes and sinos (nothing good. New mut on sino, but stam not inherited, so all sino eggs went to the titanoboa).

And desmodus! But since it's 1x now, I decided to try out that timer on dododex, so I set it up just as my bats were done mating, and I'll return to them once it's about an hour until birth.

Made a Sanguine Elixir, took tranq darts, narcotics and kibble, went to get a good male therizino. Unfortunately, best I could find was 60, so I had to settle for that. While he was getting tamed, I looted deinon nests. Nothing good.

Tamed him, brought him home, named him Goose and bred him to Anca. The egg wasn't any good, sadly.

Went to the trench for milk. But the only female there was a 180, nd I didn't feel like tranqing THAT. So I killed all the wyverns. And looted nests because what if there's something good. And there was! Three 180 eggs and one 185!

Then wyverns respawned, I tranqed a 50 and a 100, got milk went home. Fed the wyverns.

Checked eggs - one of them has 42 health! Health's the only thing I was missing. Rest not bad, but cracked anyway, but that 42 STAYS!

Podded wyverns, one yuty and one spino (they were still babies). Ankylo and other spino and yuty are staying out, I turned generator on for them and filled the tek troughs with meat and berries.

That's all for now, I'll log back on once the desmodus is closer to giving birth.

Almost time for me to check on the bat! 51 minute left. But I think I can afford to do non-ARK things until about 20 minutes left.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted yuty and ankylo, added more food to the troughs, waited for the bat, claimed the bat, podded the bat. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero) In the morning I imprinted babies, named them, and added more food to the troughs.

For now that's all.

Still (Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Unpodded baby yuty, spino, and desmodus.

Did  metal run with newly-grown ankylo.

After being returned to the base new ankylo did the thing. The "running into the arthro leash" thing.

I could set him to passive so that he doesn't react when arthros are fighting something,  but that's a bad solution, since then if something spawns in base and get past the arthros... Yeah. I lost one anky that way.

So I built a small pen instead, extending form the stable. Now ankies, turtle, gasbags and megatherium live there.

Bred gigas and theries, giga cracked, theri not really good, but stays.

Added more meat to the tek troughs and ore element to the generator, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies, checked if more meat is needed (nnnope), checked if the pen is holding the ankys and stuff well (it does. The arthros clearly killed something judging by the contents of their inventories, yet no dino in the pen moved).

For now that's all, will do something else later.

Plan to hunt beacons on Fjordur later.

(Official, Fjordur) Hunted beacons... Well, not really. Fjordur's really bad when it comes to beacons worth looting. Two greens and one blue looted because there was nothing else, and I haven't even SEEN anything else today. I mean, look at Valg - the only place a red beacon's not descending from is your dodo's backside. And Fjordur's all white, green and blue, barely ever anything above that.

Built a trough, fed dinos. Made two pods, went to Asgard, tamed two gachas. Neither were dust, so threw them to the allos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred gigas and rexes, nothing good (new mut on rex, but not health or melee, so cracked). Imprinted babies, spino (Bluebell's her name) is fully imprinted now.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Kicked in fenrisúlfr's door for a fifth time to beat it up, this time for a friend. Bred another andrewsarchus, cleared out some fencing some jaggoff was trying to use to block of a natural land bridge that wasn't  near enough to his base in one of the prebuilt villages to be justifiable (seriously if you do this kind of garbage you deserve to have soggy cereal for life), frothed at the mouth at the fact fenrir aren't breedable, scoured the map for beavers and dams after a player was struggling to find them, frothed at the mouth because people were building so close to all of their spawn points on Midgard that it was messing with their spawns, offered him paste from my personal storage and told him to tame a frog or snail, cleared more structures, drug friend around with my desmodus to find alpha creatures because she wanted to level her chibis to reach 190 for mjolnir

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted babies, bred gigas, rexes, sinos and desmodus. Unpodded wyverns, baby yuty, baby desmodus and baby spino for more raising.

Hatched the theri egg, put berries into the maewing and one of the tek troughs and put the theri with the maewing.

Bred theries, egg stays. Not great, but still.

Wandered around on my man desmodus Konrad, saw a thyla on a tree on the edge of Redwood, and, well, I still had some tranq darts on me and the thyla was a 140 male.

So, yea. Spontaneous thyla taming. Good thing I did that, too - dude got 38 points in health (1 more than my thyla with a health mut), and 31 in melee - 5 points higher than the better of my thylas.

Named him Dropcat, brought him home, unpodded Cinnamon and bred them. The baby was no good, though.

Went to the trench, got 10 milk and a 170 egg. Egg wasn't any good, though.

Unpodded Spice (a clean fire wyvern) and bred her and Heather to Alduin. Eggs weren't any good, unfortunately.

Fed and imprinted wyverns. Hatched fresh theri egg, put the theri with the maewing.

Claimed fresh desmodus baby, podded her. Podded wyverns, named and podded older desmodus (he's now juvenile and I named him Dio). Added more food to the tek troughs and maewing, more element to the generator, and that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) In the morning I bred fire wyverns (no good) theries (stays, and finally mother's melee. It's just 6 points higher than the father's, but it's still higher), imprinted babies and added more food to the tek troughs. First spino grew up and was moved form the raising corner.

Will play more later - weather's too hot right now, and I don't like it (both the way it makes me feel and the way it makes graphics card's temp raise above 65C when playing. I know that it's still safe, but I'm just not comfortable with it).

Now that's temperature is acceptable, I continued playing. Still official, still Valguero.

Imprinted babies, unpodded Dio for more raising.

Bred fire wyverns (the other female was ready this time), no good.

Bred gigas - one egg stays, mutated male. Mut's not on melee (or mom's melee and mut on that, making it same as dad's), but it's 8 on body, I think it'll look nice so I'll at least let it hatch.

Bred thylas and bats. Checked with gestation monitoring, terminated thyla (no good stats), bat stays.

Fed dinos, repaired SCUBAs and went to the Abyss. Someone grabbed all the crates before me, one respawned while I was there, and that's all. Killed an alpha megalodon and an alpha tuso.

Returned home, waited for Dio to be ready for his imprint, imprinted. Waited for Lamia's baby, claimed it and podded for later.

Added more food to the tek troughs, two more pieces of element to the generator, and that's all for today.

Played a bit more, first yuty (named Snowflake) grew up. Unpodded an old yuty, took his saddle and killed him. Put the saddle on Snowflake hunted with her a bit. Podded her parents.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Second spino is adult now. Moved him to the first, bred them, and it's male, both mut stats inherited on first try! Imprinted babies. That's all for now.

Imprinted babies, added more meat to the tek troughs, hatched spino and giga eggs and podded babies for later. Giga turned out to be an oxygen mut, but he's still male, with mut melee inherited and he looks WAY cooler than his father, so he stays. And anyway, that makes it 2/20, I can afford to keep and even use that. It's when (if) I'll get close to 20/20 that I would have to choose between keeping a cool color or keeping the extra chance for new muts.

Imprinted what was ready, unpodded spino and giga for a bit of raising.

Hunted with Snowflake. I'm leveling her giga-style: all melee. She's a bit over 700% now. Killed an alpha carno and an alpha raptor.

Returned home, fed some of the dinos. Bred gigas and fire wyverns, nothing good. Repodded giga and spino.

(Official, Fjordur) Logged on to find a therizino trying to break through my fence. Distracted it and led it off the cliff. Hunted. Therizino found me, killed it. Fed dinos.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) In the morning gave the yuty his second to last imprint. Just now gave him his last imprint, fed some of the dinos, added more meat to the tek troughs and more element to the generator, bred gigas and fire wyverns (nothing good) added more fertilizer to the crop plots, and gave the dung beetles some fresh poop. That's all for now (or for today. Haven't decided yet).

(private server, Valguero) haven't played yet today, but last night on my way back from visiting a cave i found a high lvl sabertooth that was colored green and orange just like the cat from He-man.  tamed it and named it Cringer (from the show).  boy that probably dates me.

tonight I'll be trying to breed a couple of horses I have.  I'm planning a grand adventure.  I'll share that when it happens.

(local multiplayer, PVE, Fjordur)-

Made lots of good progress today. First thing I did was hike up the hill with a parasaur and gather ~500 metal, which I placed in the forge. On the way back, a Diplo knocked me and insane distance, almost killing my via fall damage. Eventually, it lost interest, and I trekked back home almost dead, eating my cooked meat. After that, I just did basic maintenance, unlocking the tranq arrows and a few other miscellaneous things. After that, I think I made a feeding trough? No, wait, I searched for a decent-ish level pteranodon. Found a level 95 and decided to tame it, as I did not have easy access to prime meat, and I don't want to ruin the taming. I tranqed it, only to see a dilo lurking in the bushes nearby. I decided to tame it as well, and started shooting, but my idiot tribemate whacked it with an axe after it was down, so it's taming effectiveness was something around 54%. Honestly, I shoulda just let it wake up, and then tranqed it again, but...meh. It was just going to be sort of a guard dog anyway. Yet another dilo came at me, but I tranqed and tamed that one too before it ruined the effectiveness of the pteranodon. Meanwhile, the PT was taming up with raw meat, and I tamed another dilo while waiting for it. I put the dilos on follow, and since two were females and one was a male, I decided to start a pack by breeding them on a large scale. The PT had tamed up, so I got it on follow because I did not have the saddle unlocked, and I managed to land it on the perfect spot first try. I started the breeding, and before 10 minutes was up, I had my first egg (boosted breeding rates). Unfortunately, I forgot to buff the breeding cool down timer, and it was 13 hours (or days, not sure which). I left the eggs in my inventory, and went off to make the incubating setup, but the freaking diplo returned and messed it all up. Oh, and also, last time I played, I tamed up a Moschops. He Who Chops the Mos was great at gathering all the fiber, berries, and thatch I'd ever need. Anyway, the dilo started whacking everything all over the place, and the parasaur fell waist-deep into the water. I whistled attack target, and the Diplo was no match for the combined forces of all our spitters, the two parasaurs, the PT, Moschops, and us two humans. It was dead in seconds, but the dilos got to it before we did. It would have been an excellent source of prime meat, and I was sure I'd turned off harvesting on the dilos, so maybe it was the PT, and it just ate the prime. Anyway, my tribemate had meanwhile gather 1000+ wood for the forge, so it was smooth sailing from then on. The earlier metal smelted up to provide 208 ingots, and seeing as I already had a pick and a hatchet, I made up a pike for both of us. Now, we were fairly well equipped to venture out into the wilderness for an Andrewsarchus. Now, all we need is another PT and two saddles. And also, the two eggs had hatchet up into two dilos, and before long, they'd become adolescent before I would be able to imprint. I need to buff the imprint timer as well as the breed cool down timer, so I can actually do things apart from breeding. I had the feeding trough made up anyways, so I just left them next to it and left in search of a raptor I thought I'd seen a short ways away. Turns out, the only thing there was an oviraptor, so the raptor had either died or was just somewhere else. I know there was one though, since no other creature runs that way. Anyway, happy travels ahead for Bob (me) and Vladijmor (my tribemate-don't ask).

Good luck on your Fjordur and other adventures all! Happy ARKing!

this isn't something i did just last night, but i think it's a good story so i'll share it.  even though it doesn't really have an ending yet.  maybe you guys can help me with that.

our server difficulty is set to max dino level of 120, but tek dinos get a bonus whatever % so they can spawn up to level 144.  well the first lvl 144 i found was a tek parasaur (m).  i tamed him and named him robo bob.  a tribemate found a 130ish tek parasaur (f).  so i tamed her and named her robo babe.  i then started using the two of them to learn how to breed.  they combined to make some top end parasaurs (LOL) that were about lvl 230ish.  i started naming all the high level ones Supersaurs.  i now have a legion of Supersaurs.  they can kill low level alpha raptors and carnos, i have not had them face an alpha rex.  i'm sort of wondering how they would fare against the broodmother.

anyway, i've stopped breeding parasaurs and moved on to wolves and equus. not in any volume though..

(Official, Valguero) Yuty's 99.9% grown, turned off the tek gen.

Fed dinos, bred gigas, sinos and fire wyverns. Nothing good.

Hunted with Dio (newest desmodus), using night vision. Night vision allows, among other things, to see all the way to the bottom of bodies of water, no matter how murky they are, and that's how I found out there's some sort of underwater building in the swamp. Since spyglass shows no info, it's probably a part of the map (or it's too deep so I was out of range for info. One of the two). I might take a water tame and take a closer look some day if I don't forget.

That's all for now/today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos