So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Island, Single player): As usual, this happened yesterday. Started off as a normal day. Some of my progress was reset, but not too bad, since it was just me placing some railings. I had them in my inventory, so placed them back down on the base top. I grinded out ~7 forges (no doed or help from my tribemate) and placed them down in the new base. I spent some time moving most of the metal from the raft forge to the new forges, and split them up evenly. I was farming wood on the stego, and it wasn't that bad apart from the no weight reduction (wildcard, if you're reading this, stegos are in desperate need of weight reductions on wood). So, I decided to tame a mammoth. I made up a trap, ~41 tranq darts (which is way more than I need, bc I have a MasterCraft rifle, and dododex said 21 with a regular rifle). Gathered up the rest of the gear, and stupidly, forgot to check if I had fur armor in the raft (*foreshadowing*). We set sail on the raft with the direwolf and Moschops out on deck, and the pteranodon and anky in cryos. Stopped at the lava cave to grab some crystal with the anky, but I think I forgot to pick up the bag after I cryo'd it again :/. I gathered the crystal the anky couldn't reach with the pick (also MasterCraft). We set sail again, and reached the snow biome after a small scare with a sarco near shore (also foreshadowing). When we reached the snow biome, I checked the storage boxes and smithy for fur armor. There was only a helmet and pants. So, I decided to land and get some pelt, and saw a fairly safe spot. I landed, set out on the direwolf, and immediately got assaulted by a huge pack of around 6 direwolves and two Daedons, all hiding behind some rocks on shore. I tried to run, got killed. I was telling at my tribemate to take the raft, but he was running around like a freaking chicken with it's head cut off, and he was the one with a pump shottie with 20+ shells. Not very competent in a pinch, eh? We lost the direwolf, the Moschops, the mortar and pestle, and two preserving bins full of stuff. Because of that,  I was starving as we sailed home to Herbivore Island, dejected and wounded. Then, out of the blue, a sarco starts whaling on our raft, and my tribemate again starts running around like an idiot. I tell at him to hand me the shotgun and the ammo, and I kill the sarco, harvesting it. We land for meat/food, and find a compy that walks up to me. I punch it out, and tell my tribemate to put the prime from the sarco in it's inventory. It's spoiled or something, or it's in my inventory, because it's disappeared. In the end, we returned to Herbivore Island, dejected, bruised, and battered. I'm probably going to tame a pair of brontos next time, and get some extraordinary kibble (I think that's right). I'm hoping to tame something big and powerful, like a rex or a spino  (probably a spino, they are better than rexes cause of the DPS) to go back and smash those direwolves and Daedons >:). Anyway, ciao and happy ARKing!

Edited by Griffin998
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The plot thickens on Glacius. Specifically, the large crop plot I looted shows 'irrigated' even though it's not. Fine by me, but it snows enough to keep my plants growing anyway. Wind is always strong enough to keep my turbine powered, and I've started raising tek paras for oil and metal. My backyard is full of therizinosauruses that give me a feeling of safety. To progress further, I'm going to have to do a whole lot of cooking, and since S+ is unavailable and all I have are vanilla cooking pots, I'll grind towards an industrial cooker, even if it takes ages.

Maewings make the map more bearable. I didn't want to rely on flyers but it's such a relief. They can clear out rocks with their crazy take-off explosion (often taking the valuable nodes with them but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...). Beaver dams on the bottom of lakes only? Done. Drops in the snow zone? Done. The latter feel a lot like the surface drops on Aberration. And then I got cocky and three snow allos cornered my maewing Chungus against a cliff face. I threw out my bear grenade, then died from fall damage. I wasn't worried about my tames, they were pretty strong and they had my shoulder dimorph to help them. But when I returned on my snow argy, I only saw the bear taking down the last allo. The rest were nowhere to be found. I then saw my maewing on the top of a tree. It wouldn't follow and disappeared when I chopped down the tree - okay, so I had to assume my other two creatures were glitched. I tried all conventional Ark wisdom to find where they might have glitched to, and after a long time looking finally resorted to unkosher methods to get them back. The map is hard enough without that kind of bugs.

I got a second maewing saddle out of the ordeal, a better stego saddle too and better fur blueprints. Wondered if a stego could help to survive the purlovias in the artifact cave. I really want those omega plants.

Finally, I tried to dive for one of the oceanic sulfur deposits, which are the only way to get that resource. I cooked up a lazarus chowder, got on Chungus the maewing and just risked it. I didn't expect the water to get boiling hot, but it makes sense around the volcanic vents that produce the sulfur. I could harvest some in peace and even got a bit of condensed gas. I'll hang on to that, since one of the tributes for the boss is a charge battery.

Yesterday on (Official, Valguero) I only logged on for, like, a minute to imprint the spino and check the trough, which is wy there was no separate comment about that.

Today, (Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, imprinted spino. Bred wyverns (again, about setting-copying: copying from a fire wyverns covers ice (presumably any other normal wyvern type too. Don't have anything but fire and ice, so don't know for sure), but turns out copying form ice only covers ice. I guess it's because fire wyverns are the basic wyverns, to the point where if in SP you just spawn a "wyvern" you get a fire one (or one with no breath that looks like a fire one)). Nothing good in the eggs again.

Bred gigas, argents, rexes, sinos, dodos and ankylos. Nothing good there, either.

Unpodded wyverns for more raising.

Decided to try some velona breeding again, properly this time (previously my velonas were a mess: only one in Smart breeding, one of the females was mutated... Just not good). Unpodded the two clean females I had, killed off mutated ones (except for Carrot, she'll stay podded but alive because I like her). Unpodded the clean male, bred. One egg stays - all good stats clean female. Other was a male with a health mut, so cracked because Ratteki is also a male, with same stat, same mut, except already adult.

Did a cementing paste run, and also wandered around the map, and went to Skeleton Gorge for keratin. My cementing paste vault is full ow, and what didn't fit in there went to the fabricator.

Fed the obsidian gacha and used the obsidian and excess cementing paste to make some polymer.

Imprinted the wyverns, hatched the velona and raised her for a little bit. Bred thorny dragons, no good, egg cracked.

Podded wyverns and the velona.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Spino is adult now, podded the old male and moved newly-grown one into his place. Bred spinos (nothing good).

Filled a maewing, unpodded velona.

Unpoddded wyverns.

Bred velonas, health mut again. Cracked.

Went to the trench, got milk and a 160 egg. Picked up and ate all the other eggs so that something better could spawn.

Fed wyverns, checked the egg - no good.

Made kibble from yuty eggs (+ a few deinon ones). Realized I could have used the wyvern egg instead of cracking it, but eh. What's done is done.

Made some stone foundations, walls and and stairs, grabbed kibble (40 pieces - in case I find two 150), narcotic (not necessary, but I feel more confident when I have some even if I absolutely won't need it), darts, and went to get myself a proper yuty pair.

Found a 135 female, but while I was building a trap she got herself killed. But nearby was a 145 male! I trapped him, knocked him out, checked stats (eh. I mean, better than what I have. But eh), and went to wander while he starved. And I found an open trap and near it... A 135 female! I lured her in and knocked her out, checked the stats, and she had only 11 wasted points and whole 32 in melee!

Unfortunately, while I was checking the stats a direwolf happened, so her effectiveness was knocked down to 40% before I could kill the wolf. I had to go back home to get an owl, heal her, and let her wake up on her own. It was boring as hell.

The male finally was tamed and ended up with 33 points in health (not bad), 25 in stam, 35 in food, 27 in weight, 26 in melee and 27 in speed. Yep, that's whole 42 points in oxygen, of all things. Dear ARK, I'm not doing SCUBA yuties! Brought him home, named him Dragonborn (hairy. Shouts a lot. Sounds like a Nord dragonborn to me!), and returned to the female.

Then the female finally woke up, I retranqed her, tamed, and wow. 40 weight and 42 melee, and still with deliciously low speed - only 17 points! Food's also 17. Oxygen is 35 but that's slightly more acceptable than 42. I brought her home and named her Killer Chicken.

Oxygen aside, that's certainly more like a breeding-worthy yuty pair than what I previously used.

Bred yuties, but no good: bad stats inherited, and an oxygen mut (No, bad ARK! SCUBA yuties are NOT happening!).

Repodded wyverns, filled a tek trough and turned the generator on for the velona, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Achieving goals on Glacius! I have a glowing Ice Ankylosaurus now. The freezing zone is the only place where ankys spawn, so I took my argy over there, grabbed the highest level I could find and dropped it down to tame - next to an ice golem. So with the last bit of stam I snatched it back up again, and a short time later it was mine. Named it Ötzi. Getting resources feels so comparatively easy now, I could cry. I had all the metal I needed for the industrial cooker now. 

I also found out that the ice you can mine from glaciers not only stacks to 100 but also works like preserving salt.

I was missing the polymer needed to finish the cooker, but on my way to the penguin colonies I came across the quetz again, a dusty looking lv. 70 above a safe area. Got really excited at that and aborted the polymer run to prepare best as I could to solo tame the quetzal. I wanted a mobile base so badly! Parachuted above it and netted it, but the first time it got out of my dino gates. So I made more, ready to spam them all over the bird, and the next time I found it, I couldn't believe it when it worked. I cannibalized my cooker materials for a platform saddle, named the whole thing Airbase Alpha because I was so damn glad and built a snow hut on it. Snow tier buildings give great insulation but are super fragile. Seems predestined to be on a flying platform to me. ARK's building system tried its best to screw with me, but in the end, I had it.

Some more mining and soon I was back where I started and on my way to the penguin colonies again. Decided to check out the icebergs, but only one of them has spawns at this point. Polar bears, kairuku and acrophoca, which are the map-exclusive giant seals. I knocked out a low level, but they seem to be piscivore and I didn't have fish meat. So I harvested it and its buddies for their blubber (can be made into marine oil), farmed up the penguins and finally crafted the cooker.

I have now no real reason to procrastinate visiting the scary areas anymore. Still feel super uncomfortable with the thought. Then again, I'm curious about the bison. I said goodnight to my 'realistic' brown featherlight and logged off.

• Like 1

(Glacius sponsored mod map) I cooked all the bison-compatible kibble I had, all recipes that could help me against the cold and the wild animals and stocked up Airbase Alpha. Last I tamed a jerboa for extra weight saving and to have a little co-pilot that could warn me of adverse weather, which is a thing on Glacius. I gave her my heaviest resources and ammo to hold and off we went. The flight towards the mountains was beautiful, but visibility went down to almost zero as soon as the "Harrowing Steppes" came in sight. I parked the quetzal up high and did several short drop hunts with my argy and shoulder dimorph. I got a better bear saddle and okay backup furs, also some 'freezing arrows', otherwise nothing spectacular. Then I noticed the jerboa was missing. She had jumped out of a closed building, passive and encumbered with my gear. I tried to find her again but couldn't, even though I searched until nightfall. Currently hovering dejectedly over the Harrowing Steppes, probably trying to get a bison tomorrow.

(Official, Valguero) Velona is grown now. Bred velonas again, one egg stays.

Bred yuties, gigas, rexes, wyverns, argents, sinos, spinos, dodos and thorny dragons.

Ice wyvern egg stays because I'm curious to see how the color looks (it's mutated). Fire wyvern egg stays because it's an all stats male - that's right, it's not a wyvern, it's THE wyvern! The perfect one!

Everything else's a fail.

Fed some of the dinos.

Repaired rifle and went to the trench - brought back 4 eggs, 100+ levels. One stays (40 weight - 40 food, lvl 185).

Then healed up the wyvern and went again and got milk, fed wyverns. Also briefly went into the fire part of the trench, but decided not to risk trying to take anything while on an ice wyvern.

Took my main velona, Ratteki and spent some time killing everything in sight for fun (and for hide).

Podded some of the dinos: the male allo, the crystal wyverns, and all three of my quetzals.

Hatched and podded the velona, imprinted wyverns, podded them and that's all for today.

(Glacius) I needed to get a new jerboa, it seemed foolish not to have a weather radar in the freezing zone. So I went all the way back and got one, and good thing I did. Next, I wanted to see what I'm up against with the bison. I put down sleeping bags, put on a full suit of ghillie and took cactus broth, then approached a herd to see if I could get close enough to feed one. Nope, it oneshot me immediately. I then farmed up the materials for a trap in the freezing hellscape of rexes, basilisks and yuties and collected more drops with my argent.

I reached the southern coast and set up my trap near a herd of bison with two lv 110+. On the way there I had to kill not one, but two alpha rexes, good xp for the argy, though. Temperatures were at -37°C during daytime, and even with over 60 fortitude and fria curry on, changing into ghillie made my health meter drop rapidly. I still got both bison, and it was a breeding pair, too! Felt super thrilled, heart pounding and all.

On the flight back, I got the blueprint for unstable element (yay!) when my jerboa started growling. It was what I had dreaded. I would never make it back to the quetzal in time before the weather hit. So I immediately found a safe spot and put down a sleeping bag and my tent. Thankfully, that was enough to survive the -59°C, but by now it was night and the blue fog was so thick you couldn't see a thing. When I sat in the tent, suddenly I heard the footsteps. Then the roar. Rex. I rushed out of the tent, and out of the icy mist emerged a tek rex, eyes and lights blazing white. I killed it with my argent, but that's going to be one of my favourite Ark memories ever. Thank the Ark gods I had the jerboa or the supercold would've hit while I was in mid-air, and that the rex didn't arrive while I was AFK.

When the extreme cold wore off, I continued on towards my flying base and arrived in swirling snow with the worst visibility yet. I waited out the night and put as much of my loot on the argent as I could, then left the quetzal there and flew back to my starter base. Next up is bison breeding and getting the saddle.

Edited by riceandvegetable
  • Like 1

after playing aberration for maybe 3-4 years i found my first alpha king reaper yesterday and got my first barb,

and surprisingly i saw another one later but on a different surface, got back to base to get my chargelight pet ,  by the time i went back to the alpha spot it was too late for risking an exit, had to wait for the next night cycle,

so i waited on the edge away from the flammes, alt tab to check something on the net with my game still running, then when i alt tab back to the game i got a wonderful message that i died along with my mana and bulbdog, somehow i ended up on the scorching surface while being away, 

so i grab another mana and pet but couldn't find the alpha again 

today i venture again on the surface and find another alpha reaper at a different location, i managed  to kill it 30 min before sunrise 

so it is 2 barbs in 2 days out of 3 alpha reapers, before that i probably killed over 300 reapers to get an alpha to spawn but never succeeded  

so now i got to find an alpha basilisk and maybe try my first alpha rockwell (did gamma already) i once had a basilisk fang but traded it away for a pair of top stat deino

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero)

Unpodded wyverns, hatched newest ones, turns out weight/food one also has my new best health so I podded Mango-Mint and killed the mut one (it's ugly anyway), and once new one's adult I'll breed him to Ouch. Gave the maewing some meat and unpodded velona.

Also, remember how I once went raiding deinon nests, and then fed all low-level eggs to some titanoboas in a baby-killing imitation of throwing crumbs to pigeons?

One of the boas, a level 45 one, was still alive today. I actually noticed it still being on the taming tracker (with some taming percentage, too!) back when I was taming yuties, but didn't do anything back then.

But today I bred yuties, gigas, spinos and rexes and decided why waste the eggs by cracking them when I instead can waste them by finishing that boa tame?

So I took the eggs, tracked the boa and tamed it. Named it Noodle.

Noodle now lives in my hatchery, and any fail dodo/sino/argy/velona eggs will be fed to it instead of cracked.

Bred argents (only one was ready), sinos and dodos. Nothing good, so Noodle's eating well today.

Fed all the dinos, repodded the babies, and that's all for today. Yep, a short day.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the wyvern, uploaded some things.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike, checked if wyverns still have enough crystals (they do).

(Official, Extinction) Tried for a male dust gacha again. No luck, best I found was a black pearl one. Returned home, fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the uploaded things. Unpodded babies (wyverns and velona) filled a maewing with meat for the velona.

Bred gigas, spinos, rexes, sinos and thorny dragons. Thorny dragon egg stays, the rest is no good.

Fed the dust gacha, got enough dust to make 7 element plus a few hundred shards.

Took my milk run wyvern and went to the trench. Got milk, a few good level eggs, too. Returned home, fed wyverns, checked eggs - one stays (male, 43 stam), rest no good.

Healed the wyvern up, went again. Got attacked by two fire wyverns (not at the same time, thankfully). Dealt with them, went home, looked through my fridge and picked a fire wyvern to use for a fire egg run - decided to use Double: not the best health, but leveled to decent stam and good melee (has my best base melee - 35 points). Moved all other male and mutated female fire wyverns to the same fridge I keep boss rexes in, since they're the same type of tame (that is - disposable and only to be used in breeding in order to make more of equally disposable ones, not for any actual serious breeding).

Went to the trench, killed some ice wyverns, went into the fire part, killed everything that moved there, but only got two level 100 eggs and two level 55. Ate fifties, brought home the 100's, checked them - one stays. Not because of good stats or colors - it has nether. But it's a female, and being a wild-egg it's naturally clean. So, will stay as a breeder.

Went again, killed everything again, but it was even worse - 85 was the only egg there was. I took it, checked it, it was male, I cracked it.

Filled tek trough for the velona (she's juvi now), podded wyverns, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Glacius) Otters, bison and seals

I had a very lucky moment when my parasaurus indicated an enemy in the water and I felt like checking. It was an X-otter! I dropped everything I was doing and tamed it. Otters are extremely rare on Glacius by design. Actually, this one is so precious I'll probably never take it out from fear of losing it. I bred my bison and got a couple of good calves. I named one Thor and crafted a saddle for him, which is hella expensive. I've also imprinted a female to get a little battle herd going. Then I procrastinated by clearing a nearby plateau and walling it in, still no idea what to put up there.

To get myself going again, I decided to ride Thor the bison towards the penguin colonies, level him, see what he was capable of and probably tame an acrophoca this time. Bisons are gigantic, feels like riding a tank. I squashed so many poor jerboas who were hidden in the grass walking over them. The bison's attack is ridiculous in how much torpor it deals. To experiment, I began headbutting carbonemys and trikes. Unleveled, Thor knocked out a lv 65 trike with 1500+ torpor in one hit! He probably dealt even more but then I ran into predators and began leveling. It was amazing and hilarious to see 6 ice allos scramble like mad and get stuck on each other trying to get away from the bison, like the scene in The Lion King where Mufasa runs off the three hyenas.

I made it into the outskirts of the Harrowing Steppes and didn't find any good seals but realized I wasn't cold. The bison insulates like a basilo or ferox does, how handy. I did see a 130 quetzal and had to tear myself away. Maybe another day.

We checked the icebergs again, and there I finally found acrophoca with a decent level, meaning, they took two instead of one bison headbutt to knock out. They can be ridden without a saddle, so back at base I made some scuba and went out with the female seal to gather some fish for her and her mate. Damage wasn't overwhelming but she could hold her own, and she heals crazy fast from eating fish. They also have the insulation buff. On the same trip, I accidently aggroed the manta swarm around a lv 90 X-basilo so I seized the opportunity. Unfortunately a smack of cnidaria caught up with us. I got dismounted, but the seal did not get stunned and killed all jellies that attacked her. Not bad!

Ended the day by breeding a seal pup with the good stats on the first try. Next I'll probably make a cryofridge at last, if I don't get distracted again.

(Official, Valguero) Fed some of the dinos. Unpodded wyverns. Hatched thorny dragon and the two wyvern eggs, put the thorny with the maewing and the wyverns with the rest of their kind.

Went to get some more fire wyvern eggs, but unfortunately there wasn't anything better good. Level 60 was best I found.

Took that and a level 50, went home, checked - one stays because female.

Bred gigas, spinos, yuties, rexes and argents, nothing good.

Bred sinos and thorny dragons. Thorny dragon stays (mut).

Went to get milk, milked two wyverns (just in case). Returned home, fed wyverns, remembered about the sinos.. Only one egg was alive and it wasn't any good.

Bred dodos (Nnope).

Went for fire wyverns again, got level 50 (female, stays) and level 160 (male, bad stats, cracked),

Podded the thorny dragon, moved now-adult velona to the rest, started podding the wyverns... And a notification appeared that my main anky got killed by a raptor. Went to check, and yep - everything near the stables was, for some reason, on passive. Killed the raptors, set ankies and turtle back to neutral, moved megatherium (also on neutral) to the stables.

Bred ankies, one egg stays (will be new main).

Also bred velonas, but forgot about them because of the anky thing, so gonna log back on now just to see if the eggs are still there and grab them if they are.

The eggs weren't there. Disabled breeding on velonas, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Glacius) Today began normal and then turned rather ridiculous. I have a cryofridge now and spawned myself a chibi basilisk to kinda motivate myself to face my fears, since the ice basiliks were rather scary. Also, the Harrowing Steppes are riddled with alpha rexes and I need the extra levels.

Decided to kill yutys and make a good fur blueprint that I've been sitting on. I took Thor (bison) for killing and a theri for harvesting but nearly gave up when a bunch of allos and purlovias handed my ass to me before I had even arrived at my destination. After that, everything turned a bit funny. First off, the bison are too large to aggro purlovia, which is nice to know, because cave. Then, their secondary attack deals even more torpor and wherever we went, I knocked out low level animals which I then decided to keep and drag around with me. Soon our group had grown by two ice rexes, a small daeodon, a random wolf and an ice velonasaur. I felt f*ing unstoppable. The formerly terrifying steppes were our playground now. Mounted the argy to grab a drop real quick - turned around, and my whole pack was gone. Swallowed by the fog, and it took me 20 minutes to find them again. Note to self: the GPS doesn't just exist to make my inventory heavier.

In the end, we killed enough yutys and several alphas, and only one of the rexes died. I got a dino leash from a drop, leashed the Loser Pack and built them a feeding trough, then went home and made the new fur piece.

Maybe I'll soon make another attempt with the cave. But I have a bit mixed feelings. On one hand, I love the concept of the map. The progression reminds me of Aberration more than anything, which is completely awesome. On the other hand, I've been playing really much because RL allowed for it, and things are still going very slowly. The mod maker also revealed that the next cave boss will be at the end of a revamp of the Elemental Vault, dismount the player and kill gigas within seconds. Right now I don't think I'll be up to the task. Guess if I saw a Youtuber do it first, I'd know it could be done.

20220512195130_1.jpg

Edited by riceandvegetable

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Bred gigas, yuties, spinos, rexes, velonas, argents and thorny dragons.

The thorny dragon egg and one of the velona eggs are staying (both mutated), and a yuty egg stays too (health-weight-melee female, white-gray-white-black. So, basically she got all the good stuff there was to get, color-wise AND stat-wise).

Unpodded wyverns.

Hatched the eggs from last time, podded the wyverns and mutated thorny for later, put the ankylo with a maewing.

But realized I'm kinda tired, so soon repodded everything and logged off. That's all for today.

10 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

health-weight-melee female, white-gray-white-black. So, basically she got all the good stuff there was to get, color-wise AND stat-wise).

Nice! looks like you got lucky.Y'know, I had an idea about the yuties. What if, instead of stam, the roars drain oxygen? it makes a lot of sense in my head. Just a random thought.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Nice! looks like you got lucky.Y'know, I had an idea about the yuties. What if, instead of stam, the roars drain oxygen? it makes a lot of sense in my head. Just a random thought.

It would make sense! It also would make me less angry about my male yuty having 42 points in it. But unfortunately the game is the way it is.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred rexes, yuties, gigas, spinos, velonas, thorny dragons, ankylos, dodos, argents and sinos.

Thorny dragon egg stays, clean female.

Hatched the old eggs, put new wyverns and the old ones out for raising. Filled a maewing and put the thorny dragons, the yuty, and the ankylo with it. Turns out the mut velona was a health mut again (so, same health as his dad, because inherited form mom and mutated on that), but he looks good so stays.

Went to try and get some more fire wyvern eggs. My wyvern nearly died, but I got a 60 and a 150, and even trapped a wyvern to milk.

Returned home, fed the wyverns, imprinted them (two oldest ones are fully imprinted now!), checked the eggs. Both male, no remarkable stats, cracked.

Fed the dust gacha, got some dust, made it into element and shards.

Went to get eggs again. Got a 90 and a 165. Trapped another wyvern, milked, fed the wyverns again. Checked the eggs, again, both male, both cracked.

Ankylo and thorny dragons are now juvi. Podded ankylo and the wyverns, and filled tek trough for the thorny dragons - they're staying out.

And that's all for today.

And that wasn't all for today, because later I logged on, checked the trough (still good), imprinted thorny dragons, and bred velonas, yuties, gigas (only one was ready), spinos (got a mutation, female, but will keep at least to see if it looks good), and rexes.

And that was all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Glacius) Final 'episode'.

Had another go at the Cave of the Pack. There are no maps and the few youtubers who tried it all had to resort to admin mode and got confused themselves. All agree that the cave is extremely difficult.

I brought five therizinos with prim saddles, a pair of bears with good saddles, three saddled steppe bison and my shoulder dimorph. The strategy was to whistle this group ahead of me to take care of the purlovia. I'd use my bison Thor to assist with the fighting as much as possible, and he turned out to be an excellent cave mount. He was never in any real danger, but the other bison took crazy damage. I have no idea why they performed so badly. One died and I had to cryo the other. Then I noticed the female bear never made it into the cave. Tribelog says I froze her, and that was the last I saw of her. Something must've happened to her cryopod, which I never found again. That was an unnecessary waste of time and a good saddle...! The other bear was without a mate that way and I had to constantly worry about him until I was finally forced to cryo him as well. The theris however proved to be extremely viable in the cave, even with primitive saddles. We fought our way through tunnels stuffed full with ravagers, allos, wolves, dimorphs and purlovia and the occasinal kapro mixed in. It just never ended. I was in there for hours and didn't find the terminal, and I also lost half my theries bit by bit from them getting stuck on icicles. Everything in the cave is designed to confuse and get you turned around.

Finally I went back to the beginning and found all my theris again, then tried the whole thing once over. By this point my hands were cramped and I just wanted the damn cave to end. We finally reached the terminal. I still had Thor and all five theris, one of which was close to dying. I threw down my dimorph to aid in the upcoming fight, then summoned the Tek Ravager boss. We defeated it without problems but I was almost too tired to care, also the loot it gave was really bad. It barely replaced the dire bear saddle I'd lost with the female. I picked up two blue drops on the way out which also weren't overwhelming, but more importantly several stacks of plant species Omega.

Back at base I planted the seeds, which grew into humongous thistles that actually look really beautiful and whose juices will help tremendously with surviving the planned super-cold zones. But until that update is ready to be distributed, I'll give the map a rest. I feel I've achieved the main goals that are currently available and it's been lots of fun. I'd recommend the map to anyone who's looking for an Aberration-style challenge and hope the creator doesn't lose his fun working on this project. It certainly left me with a lot of admiration for the ambiton and creativity that went into it!

here we are after scouting the portal area for 2-3 weeks non stop, i finally got that alpha basilisk fang,

the funniest part was the basilisk was invisible, so at first i didn't even know i was fighting an alpha, but after the first freeze ended ( used a mana) and the basilisk wasn't dead, i thought to myself, ho wait we might have an alpha here,

and sure enough, after a few more freeze it was dead , and got that fang, this is probably the rarest dino of the whole ark 

i think i only ever saw 3, time to think about alpha rochwell now

• Like 2

PVE Official Crystal Isles

Been working on new base.  Finally got it move-in ready and now just need to do some finishing touches and start moving stuff over.  In the process of placing things this weekend, like lights and fridges, I realized just how much I hate wires and it is a little bit of an art to keep things hidden.  I have never really played with batteries before but decided to make a few and try them out.  I was very happy with the wireless system until I discovered batteries didn't even last more than 8 hours in a fridge.  Disappointed, I went back to generator power for now.  I will likely switch to tek power once I beat the wyvern queen a couple times.

Took a break from building and explored Eldritch Isle in the NE corner of Crystal Isles.  I had done some fly overs before but never really spent any time there.  I never realized there are Aberrant creatures there and now have plans to go back and do some taming. I did tame my first featherlight while I was there, which is pretty cool.  

On the way back to base I stopped in the floating island and grabbed the artifact of the pack.  Found a pair of female 145 glowtails and couldn't pass them up.  😃👍

Later, I tamed a 145 ravager in the desert.  

Good weekend.

• Thanks 1

Accidentally killed my prized shadowmane with my god mode gun while clearing abandoned and/or rule breaking bases from my server, got salty, contemplated shooting the offending players highest level giga, began a new breeding project with the shadowmane's sire and primary mate instead because a destroyed base is already a massive set back and punishment, redid my servers welcome message to tell people that pillar/foundation spam will result in a flat out ban because its already against my rules, clearing foundations is what led to the mess, and I was still very, very salty.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike, checked if wyverns still have enough crystals.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the wyvern.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

Other than that I played on my modded SP Crystal Isles save, since it's read for playing now (I prefer to build a base in SP using creative mode, and only then erase all the engrams so that I can learn them the proper way, turn Exp gain on, and start playing), but I don't feel like describing that  - nothing much happened anyway, aside from me seeing a fireball dragon (Ancient wyverns and dragons mod) not far from the base (I'm SO taming him later!).