So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Bred spinos, dodos, argents and wyverns. Also sinos, but I forgot to pick their eggs up.

All eggs that I DID pick up were bad... Except for the fire wyvern! Sure, bad melee inherited. But everything else is good, colors are all completely right, and it's a male! Still gonna finish the previous, almost-right male because I spent a lot of time on him, but this new one will be my main wyvern.

Unpodded wyverns and magma.

Took Sugar Rush for a bit of leveling. Considering switching back to Sapphire, though - Rush's colors are a bit too right to look at comfortably for too long.

Cobalt is adult now, I gave him the costume and the saddle. Bred him, all three eggs were no good (as expected). Then I took him for a bit of leveling (yes, he's a breeder giga, and one too ugly to ride at that. But all gigas must be imprinted and leveled - what's the point of a giant murderlizard whose whole thing is biting really hard if it's not leveled to bite really hard? And I have his base stats anyway, so I'll spot muts just fine in any case), accidentally put two points into weight (that happens if you level a giga right after leveling an argent).

Went on a milk run, milked three wyverns in a row, just in case. It's not hard to do anyway, so doesn't matter if some spoils. Also grabbed a 170 egg, but stats were bad, so I cracked it.

Imprinted the quetz for the last time. Also, bred quetzals again and today's egg also a clean female, so it stays.

Podded the wyverns and the magma (double-checked to make sure I podded ALL the wyverns. Some of them probably can last through the night at this point, but I didn't bother to check, and I'd rather not risk), and that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Bred argents, wyverns, sinos, ankylos and gigas. Nothing good, as pretty much always.

Unpodded wyverns and magma, all but the youngest things are now fully imprinted.

Fed the gacha, made some element.

Went to the trench, milked two wyverns. Checked for eggs - nothing good.

Returned home fed wyverns. Force-fed - they weren't quite ready to eat on their own.

Took the saddle from Sugar Rush, recolored it, unpodded Sapphire and gave it back to her. Rush is way too bright to use after all. Podded him.

Saw an AWESOME male tek quetz (not high level. But colors were so good), but decided against trying to catch him.

Podded the nameless gray fire wyvern, as well as Ouch (too bright pink ice with 41 melee), Mango-Mint (green-light orange ice with 33 in both health and weight - making him best I have for both), and White (not best on anything. No remarkable colors. Not sure why I was raising her. Gonna kill her off when I remember to do that). The rest should be fine to stay out for the night.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Wyverns and the magma are adult now. Moved the magma to others, unpodded Double (all-stats-but-stam, two-right-colors) and bred him to Ashes (new wyvern with all-stats-but-stam-and-melee, all-right-colors), egg ended up female, melee inherited, all colors. I'll raise it and the all-but-melee male, breed them together, and that's a high chance of male, all stats-all colors, which will be my best fire wyvern.

I even checked the fridge and I still have some clean females, so if I decided to improve on that later, I won't have to get any new ones (the grey wyverns themselves have a mut, so their females aren't suitable for serious breeding).

Podded the wyverns.

Bred gigas and spinos, but nothing good.

Oh, and also tamed a new diplo. Colors too good (all teal except for spikes, which are powder-blue). Had to knock him out to tame - feeding prompt for passive taming didn't appear.

(Official, Extinction) Tried for a male dust gacha again. No success. Fed dinos.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Island, PVE single player- FInally finished the industrial base! Well, mostly finished. I still have to add a staircase to the roof and work on the interior and add some crops and a shack up top, but mostly finished. I'll give you a description. 8x5 stone foundations, I think, and four walls tall. The bottom layer is alternating wood and stone, and the top three are just stone. Tried to get a pillar between the walls for some depth, but no such luck. It's got a dino gate at the far right of the base, right of the two double doors in the center. Since this is going to be the metal base, I need some way to get the anky's inside to the industrial forge that will be there soon enough. There's a wooden hatch frame in the front left corner on the roof, which will be where I keep a pteranodon (for transport within the Island) and an argy (weight capabilities). There will also be a large garden up top with a greenhouse roof and metal pillars holding it up, which I think will look pretty cool. There also will be a sort of shack running the length of the base, which I believe will be 1x5x1. It'll just have a few bookshelves, a bed, and also some storage boxes, as a sort of living/respawn place, within easy reach of my flyers. Probably going to add a cryofridge at some point as well. Not much other than that. I've gotta get more forges down to smelt the ludicrous amount of metal we've gathered, but my tribemate is adamant that we have to put them on the raft, which is absolute stupidity. We've hardly got any room at all on it in the first place, and I need 5-10 more forges to get this metal all smelted up quickly. Not much other than that. Got a ramshackle carno saddle, so I've gotta tame one of those as well soon enough. Could be useful for running around and just general travelling, although I do have a PT. Land travel is, after all, pretty fun. Didn't try to tame anything more today, too busy working on the base. My sort of pattern was this-dump everything into a storage box, all my gear, everything. Grab only my hatchet and my pick, then it was off riding Perry the parasaur and whacking away at trees and rocks as the need arose, crafting stuff as I went. Got the base finished in a pretty timely manner that way. Also, made a bunch of shotgun shells with some help with our ludicrous amount of stone that I gathered and our anky, which gathers flint and surprisingly enough, stone with decent efficiency. I'd get around 130 stone per big rock, but 300+ flint. I've really got to get myself a doed and a mammoth, because although I do have the stego, I need something with the weight reduction, cuz it whacks a tree once or twice and it's already weighed down. I'm levelling like crazy, of course, but I really should have not killed that 145 Tek stego I found a long, long time ago. Ah well, whatever. Anyway, that's it for today from me guys! Happy ARKing!

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded wyverns, and hatched the new one (the all-but-stam female). Moved White (nothing special ice female) to the fridge where I keep things that I'm either extremely unlikely to finish raising or just keep for leveling other, better things.

Bred gigas, spinos, yuties, dodos, sinos, argents and tropical wyverns. No eggs kept.

Cleaned the fridges somewhat: took pods containing my first diplo (never liked her colors (red/light red), only tamed her because "LOL, diplo". It was before I started collecting diplos that actually look good), regular quetzals, jerboas, doed, and some other equally useless things and fed them to my element gacha.

Podded one of the allos and all tropeos except for the one I ride - I don't have much luck with mutating them anyway.

Made some new cryopods.

Gave the gacha some thatch structures (sloped walls this time, faster to craft than doors),as a result got at least 10 pieces of element.

Fed dinos.

Went on a milk run. It wasn't long enough for the wyverns to get hungry enough, but I decided to do it anyway. For milk I caught a 150, black and white. Got her dermis after I milked and killed her. Too bad there were too many high level wyverns this time - otherwise I would have checked if there's an egg left by her.

Returned home, fed the wyverns.

Waited for gacha's crystal some more.

Podded wyverns and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Crystl Isles) Refreshed base, fed the trike.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the wyvern.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, spinos, yuties, sinos, ankylos, dodos and argents. Had new mutations, but the giga one was stam, the spino didn't inherit the good stats, and whatever the argent was, it sure as hell wasn't stam or weight. So all eggs cracked anyway. Also bred tropical wyverns (wrong colors again) and quetzals forgot to pick the eggs up).

Made a small pen and dragged four bunny dodos into it. Gathered and cracked about 200 eggs. Got an amarga chibi, a white giga one, and a voidwyrm one. The rest was unremarkable, so I fed all other ones to the gacha. After I was done with the eggs I took one of my magmas and destroyed the pen together with the dodos in it. 

Went to the trench, got milk, fed wyverns. Youngest got her first imprint today.

Did a bit of a cementing paste run. Also made some cementing paste.

Podded wyverns and that's all for today.

Pve official 

Spent most of my time recently jumping from dino raising to taming.  I have my solo base but am also in a small loose tribe with a few people on another server, they bought and traded for most of their dinos but I enjoy taming and breeding.  Don't get me wrong, I've traded for stats sometimes but broadly I prefer to get stuff myself.

So I've been taking them out server hopping, taming all kinds of stuff.  It has been a ton of fun, I taught them how to tame crystal wyverns, get reapers, magma eggs and lots of other stuff recently.  The random deaths are always funny too. 

On my solo base I have more or less finished with my rex line, all points in hp and melee.  Plus a bonus is that I managed to breed out the gaudy mutation colours (I'm not keen on day glo rexes), so if you just saw them you wouldn't realise they were super mutants. 

I finally went back and cleared alpha overseer after forgetting about it for ages. Also I finally set up a crafting character and ran the boss fughts with him. My little island outpost has really done its job now, but I am keeping it with a vague idea of running boss fights for others.  

Other than that I have been popping baby reapers, mostly r's but also some normal ones.  I like the challenge of aberration, but seriously if I could wish away one dino it would the purlovias, so so many down there when I'm hunting queens.

Lots of breeding (voidwyrms - which I'm really enjoying -, magmas, getting new crazy colors on shadowmanes).

Trapped a Reaper Queen with my tribe.

Now when I get back home I really want to get some colorful blood crystal wyvs eggs from crystal isles and get a chibi reaper from bunny dodo eggs. Hopefully the hunt will be satisfying!

Edited by DirtyRottenMel

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred gigas, sinos, spinos, argents, quetzals, yuties, dodos and ankylos.

Aaand... No eggs are staying.

Bred tropical wyverns, mutation, but the color is close enough, and stam inherited, so stays, I guess.

Unpodded wyverns.

Made some gasoline.

Took chibi and went to hunt alpha dinos with Phobos, but only found two carnos and a rex. I mean, could be worse, but also could be better.

Returned home, bred gachas. Just because.

Went on a milk run, fed the wyverns.

Waited for the gacha to give birth, nothing good in the baby's production, killed.

After a bit podded all wyverns except for Ouch, went on another milk run just to top her up, and that's all for today. Yes, Ouch is staying out for the night. She should be able to survive (anyway, I'll probably be awake the whole night anyway, so chances are I'll check on her after a few hours).

And that's all for now/today (depends on whether or not I'll log on later today just to check on Ouch and maybe do a quick milk run for her).

Aaand I did log back on to check on the wyvern!

And unpodded Mango-Mint (the other wyvern) because I remembered he can actually survive for almost as long.

I went to the trench, got milk, a few eggs (nothing good). Fed them.

I bred Cobalt to Athena (she was still on cooldown during today's first giga breeding), egg was no good.

I went to the trench again.

And again.

And again.

And on the last run I got three good level eggs, two of which are staying: one is male, nothing special stat-wise, but judging by what I can see in the incubator he'll be gorgeous.

Other is also male, slightly less awesome color-wise, but colors don't matter - he's got 41 point in stam! With that much stam he can be any color he wants, it's fine.

And now that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, sinos, yuties, anylos, dodos, spinos, argents, quetzals, tropical wyverns... And unicorns.

No eggs staying, gigas got a stam mut again, whatever the argents got was without the good stats inherited, and tropical was wrong color again.

Ouch and Mango-Mint are adult now, bred them, but the egg only had two of the three stats I wanted it to have (I wanted melee, health and weight, so that I could breed that to the 41 stam I have growing). Cracked that.

Unpodded wyverns.

Did a metal run.

Went to get milk, and also got a 185 egg - looks okay, male, AND my new best weight (35).

Waited for the unicorn to give birth, put the baby with a maewing, lots of berries in the mae plus half a tek trough of them. Should be fine for the night.

Imprinted wyverns and podded them for the night.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, sinos, spinos, ice wyverns and quetzals. Yet another mut on gigas that got cracked anyway: judging by the stats, it was a melee... On mom's inherited one, so basically it was just like its mutated father, except with a different mutation counter. None of the other eggs were any good either.

Imprinted the unicorn.

Unpodded wyverns, got milk for them and a few eggs. Fed the wyverns, checked the eggs - nothing good, cracked.

Looked up how long my oldest two can survive - and did another milk run to top them up, because I'm leaving them out until evening. They'll be fine. Also, grabbed three more eggs, and none of those were any good either.

Podded the rest and that's all for now.

Not exactly evening yet, but logged back on, did a milk run, fed the wyverns. Unicorn is now adult, moved her to the others.

I guess I'll log back on again even later to feed the older wyvern again and maybe pick the younger one up (depends on whether or not the maximum food she'll hold by then would make me feel sure enough about her chances of survival) and that'll be all for today.

Logged back on again, quick milk run, fed the wyverns, and now they're both good to stay out for the night!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, fed the trike, gave wyverns more crystals.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the wyvern, killed an alpha raptor.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valgeuro) Both wyverns adult now, bred them as well as ice and tropical ones. Gigas and spinos too. No eggs staying, wyverns got wrong stats (and, in case with tropical, wrong colors), and the only mut on giga was once again melee on top of mom's instead of dad's. Fed some of the dinos.

For now that's all.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the rest of the dinos. Bred tropicals (egg stays, right colors and stats), fires (doesn't stay), gigas (nnope), yuties (nope again), sinos (seriously, what do you expect, a double stam mut? It's me! Of course there's nothing new!), argents (and again, fail), ankylos (same), and spinos (one egg stays, male, all but oxygen good. Not ideal but I never get good oxygen inherited with other good stats, so that's as good as it gets).

Leveled the male fire wyvern (named Hellfire), because until I get the absolutely perfect one, he'll be my main fire wyv.

Raised wyverns for a bit.

PVE Official

Scorched Earth... worked the trenches pretty hard the other day and collected enough talons for alpha manticore. Found a 170 Poison Egg.  Stats turned out average and not event colored.  Raised it anyway and pumped all stats into stam and weight for a decently quick long-hauler of stuff.  Defeated alpha manticore last night.  Server has not been good since we joined so we are not staying.  We will likely move stuff back to main base on Ragnarok and then head to Aberration for the first time. Can't wait.

Crystal Isles... re-organized base to improve storage and organization.  Got the bug for building something then found a fantastic new base site on my way to wyvern grotto.  After stealing a 150 Ember egg I went back and claimed the new base site and started building.  It will take awhile to complete but event rates helped me collect materials fast and get down a good footprint for a new workshop. This might end up being main base of operations moving forward.  Egg turned out normal again, nothing special.  Will likely trade it at some point.

Island... Right after defeating manticore on SE, my partner and I hopped to the Island and did Beta Tek Cave / Rockwell.  Just need to finish Alpha Rockwell then we can close up Island shop too. 👍

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, unpodded wyverns. Hatched the spino egg, twins, put one with the maewing, other went into unlikely to raise/leveling fodder fridge.

Bred wyverns, yuties, gigas, sinos, argents, ankylos and spinos and...

The baby spino went into the same fridge because new egg is male, all same stats AND good oxygen inherited.

Did a milk run, also grabbed a 175 egg, but it wasn't any good. Fed wyverns.

Spent some time flying around, killing things. Even killed an alpha carno.

Looted deinon nests, all crap stats, even the two 150 I managed to find.

Repodded wyverns and that's all for today.

Also! Found the FPS counter setting in Steam (Took me long enough. I don't look at settings much, okay?), apparently what I classify as "game running weirdly smooth" is 29-40 FPS, And what in my eyes is "laggy, but still somewhat playable" can go as low as 17 before it turns into "I think I'll just feed the dinos and call it a day".

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Hatched spino (twins again. One goes to mae, other - to the "Leveling fodder" fridge). Did a bit of a meatrun.

Unpodded wyverns.

Bred gigas (only one female was ready), egg was bad as always.

Gave the gacha some thatch triangle walls and stone arrows, stayed with her gathering crystals for a while. Got 15 pieces of element that way.

Looted deinon nests again, nothing good. Went to the swamp and fed the eggs to some titanoboas.

Went to the trench for milk, got it and two eggs (95 and 160), neither were any good. Fed the wyverns, podded them and the spino, and that's all for today.

Also, about FPS again: turns out it can go up to 78 for me when in flight, even if not so high that I'm out of everything's render range. Neat. Wonder what it'll be in singleplayer, haven't bothered to check yet.

(Official, Lost Island) Took my wyvern and wandered around the map. Killed a wild ice wyvern. Grabbed some beacons and uploaded some of the loot to grind it back on main base. hunted leeches in the swamp. Tamed a level 90 thorny dragon (on mix of prime and mutton), uploaded him. Returned home and fed the wyvern.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Fed the trike.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Bred wyverns, gigas, yuties and sinos. Nothing good.

Made a thorny dragon saddle (from a BP I had since forever. A rather expensive BP to craft, but should make the lizard at least somewhat usable even before I get him a female and make a fully imprinted one), downloaded the thorny dragon. Named him Quills.

Fed the carnivores (herbivores can wait). Did no raising today. And that's all for today.

I've been playing the Sponsored mod map Glacius for four RL days now. It's the most brutal map I've played so far, think Scorched Earth but with cold, and the deadly beginning phase is stretched out deliberately by making resources very hard to get. I've tamed and bred direbears, which are the ideal mount for the 'temperate' zone and gallopped around the beginner area in search of customized loot drops that could help me progress. But since zero crystal nodes exist in that zone, I couldn't even make a fabricator, spyglass or gps to see where the nodes are. Because the resources don't simply exist visibly and wait to be harvested, they are hidden under tons of stone nodes that need to be removed first. Yesterday I finally found like 100 crystal and went to crafting. I went to the penguin colonies for some polymer when I saw a purple drop on the other side of a mountain range, in the seriously cold zone. How bad could it be? I rode my bear over there and immediately started to freeze in dark and super heavy fog, while hordes of predators and some sort of ice basilisk started attacking my bear. I get it, it's the hard zone. We ran away and reached the purple drop - which had a good chalicotherium saddle. Confused, we hightailed it out of the icy mists. What can I do with a chalicotherium? I tried to pick the mod maker's brain but he gave no hints. I filed that away for later and just expanded my base a bit before logging off.

Edited by riceandvegetable
  • Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, filled maewing, unpodded the spino. Unpodded wyverns.

Bred wyvenrns (nothing good). Bred yuties, sinos, allos, quetzals, dodos and ankylos. a dodo and a quetz eggs are staying.

Wanted to breed gigas and argies too, but they were on cooldown - guess some other player took their own males to them. So they and the wyverns (just in case) are staying off mating except when I'm breeding them from now on.

Did a small cementing paste run, and a small "just kill everything in sight for fun and EXP" run. Both with my current main fire wyvern, Hellfire.

Repodded wyverns and spino, and that's all for today.

On 4/30/2022 at 1:30 AM, riceandvegetable said:

I've been playing the Sponsored mod map Glacius for four RL days now. It's the most brutal map I've played so far, think Scorched Earth but with cold, and the deadly beginning phase is stretched out deliberately by making resources very hard to get. 

Sounds like fun!  Us on console are left dreaming about mods, even the hard ones. lol. Enjoy...

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Filed the maewing, unpodded sino. Unpodded wyverns, too.

Bred gigas, argents and wyverns. Nothing good (but I found out that type doesn't matter when using "copy setting" - sure, it says that it copied setting to fire wyverns, but it actually covers ice too. Neat!).

Podded yuties and put tek rexes in their place - my yuties, to be honest, shouldn't even be used as breeders in the first place, seeing as they originated from a wild level 100/wild level 25 "eh, it's just for the eggs" pair. Bred tek rexes, no new mutations.

Did a cementing paste run, my vault is nearly full now.

Fed the gacha, got 4 pieces of element.

Did a milk run, also grabbed a level 100 egg (there wasn't anything better). Fed the wyverns. Checked the egg, cracked the egg.

Spent some time flying with my griffin. Just because.

Podded the wyverns.

Filled the tek trough, turned generator on, spino is staying out.

And that's all for now (or for today. Depends on whether or not I feel like playing more today).

Checked on the spino (growing fine. Imprinted him and named him Julius).

Used up all my extra large eggs to make kibble, uploaded 10 pieces of kibble, some tranq arrows and narcotics, and a really good crossbow.

(Official, Lost Island) Downloaded the stuff, went to the desert to get a female thorny dragon. First I saw a 135. Tranqed. But the stats were SO bad! Killed.

Then I saw a 130. But she bumped into my wyvern and poofed out of existence.

Then a 140. Bad melee, but DAT HEALTH!

Tranqed, left to starve and went to get some mutton.

Got mutton, gave her that and the kibble.

While she was getting tamed I went to the nearest beacon to upload some things I accumulated, and... I accidentally pressed ESC while still uploading, so I got stuck and had to helplessly watch as some titanomyrma were eating me alive.

Respawned, on the nearest spawnzone because got n means to get back there from home (okay, maybe I should get a second wyvern for such situations, since getting a new brain to not end up in such situations isn't an option).

Got killed by terrorbirds.

Respawned on the same zone, but was smarter about it this time: swam in the shallows instead of running along the beach, rested on rocks when necessary. Nothing dangerous was there. Took a while, but got within whistling distance of my wyvern, got her, returned to the dragon, she was nearly tamed already.

Once that was done, went to the nearest beacon, uploaded the dragon, and returned home.

(Official, Valguero) Made a saddle and downloaded the dragon.

Now that I'm typing this I realized I didn't retrieve the other stuff, but eh. It was just a few mediocre saddles for grinding up.

Named the new thorny dragon Spiky, and got her stats into Smart Breeding - she has 42 points in health post-tame! Everything else is kinda meh, but that's some great luck with the health.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Making some progress on Glacius. Have a total of three cryopods now. Got a maewing saddle from a drop, just one, and the engram is locked. Today I took my beefiest Maewing out to hunt drops, anything to help me survive in the cold zone. I tried to air drop a bear into the waiting enemies around a blue beacon, but everything turned chaotic. Was ready to give up when I found more crystal, then went over the mountains again and into the freezing zone. This time, it went really well. I still took damage, but looted better furs as I went along. And a large crop plot. Took it out of spite, will plant potatoes in it. I also caught a first glance of the steppe bisons that live on the map, need to get some of these. They get pack bonus, give insulation and deal massive torpor. Stared wistfully at a quetzal. When I arrived back at base, I saw that I also got a BP for net projectiles, which are unlearnable by default as well. Lastly, I wanted to see if I could take a peek into the artifact cave and go deep enough to get the new plant species, but had to retreat. All mobs in there do bleed damage, plus purlovias, plus aggressive ice dimorphs. It's the worst.

Edited by riceandvegetable