So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

19 hours ago, Dinorancher said:

As L4D2 has said, yes you can take a giga through the tek cave.  On alpha make sure its a good one though, mine is full imprint, 93 saddle, 36k hp and by the time the cave was cleared it was nearly half health. I put this down to the athropleura damage reflect mainly as most of the other stuff in there doesnt get a chance to attack.

Thanks for the info.  Yeah, It wasn't necessarily the fact that you used the giga (although that is cool too), it was more the fact that you used pods.  Everything I had read and seen led me to believe you had to line everything up outside the gate and spend an hour trying frantically to lead a team of dinos through the cave hoping desperately any one of a thousand  bad things doesn't happen along the way...  So many people have said you can't use pods in the cave, so I fell in line with that though.  This is a breath of fresh air.

The ability to keep things comfortably in your pocket through the most dangerous parts takes a ton of stress out of the experience.  My team is very strong, it is the timer that gets me. Now looking forward to my next try. 😀

Edited by Penguin73

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Also fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos, bred mantises, dodos, sinos, gigas, allos and wyverns. Didn't keep any eggs, none were good at all.

Filled a maewing with meat and raised an argent and a tropeo for a bit.

Took some sulfur from a maewing and put it into the sino trough, because I keep magmas and elemental there, and I really, really don't know why I kept feeding them individually with rocks for so long when they're living near a trough.

Smelted some metal in my two saddled magmas, then took one of them (Hothead, to be precise) and went hunting. Would have been more fun if today was a bit less stuttery (I mean, it was pretty okay, but when aiming with a magma it's best if it's "so damn smooth"  rather than just "pretty okay"), but was fun anyway. Robbed one beaver dam, just to have a reason to destroy it with Searing Spit afterwards. Searing Spit is awesome and broke the thing in one hit - the best non-magma dam destroying I've had was with a wyvern's bite, and that took THREE whole hits. Might start using magmas instead of wyverns for cementing paste runs.

Repodded the argent and the tropeo.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

And that's all for today.

(Offical, Valguero) Fed the dinos (carnivores only, herbivores still have some berries left), bred gigas, sinos and wyverns, wanted to breed allos too, but turns out I forgot to turn mating on them the last time, so the female is on cooldown. Didn't keep any eggs.

Filled a maewing with meat and unpodded the argent and the tropeo for some raising.

Took Hothead and went to hunt/wander/raid beaver dams. Went just fine, but as I was returning home I nearly lost him to two rexes, as they both attacked from the sides, so spitting on them wasn't really possible, and melee isn't all that great. I managed to kill one rex, and was saved form the other by some wild deinons, so in the end Hothead was down to about half health but alive. I healed him up with an owl.

The argent and the tropeo got to 6% each, I decided they'll last to 10% on what's in the maewing, so I gathered more meat, put it into the tek trough and turned on the generator - they'll be staying out for the night. And that's all for today.

(Offical, Valguero) Checked on the babies (growing fine. Plenty of meat left).

Took Phobos and went to the Beaver Lake to hunt. Decided to try and tame a rhino, killed a lot until I found an acceptable one (male, level 135), knocked him out while hovering above him on my sino (sinos are amazing), but he fell asleep in a shallow stream, so yeah. Had to kill him, his oxygen was dropping.

Didn't have a lot of darts left, so I flew high up with my sino and glided all the way back to my base (sinos are amazing), grabbed more darts and some kibble, flew up again and returned to Phobos, killed more rhinos, found another 135 male, knocked him out, thankfully on dry land this time, and tamed.

I named him Fat Unicorn. I had a rhino BP so I made him a good saddle, had to use replicator to craft it - the thing, over 90 armor and ascendant in quality, takes A LOT to craft. Ended up with a bit over 100 armor, not at all surprising considering the BP's stats. Fat Unicorn is as close to being invulnerable as it's possible for a wild-tame to be while wearing it.

Tested him and, not bad, I guess? For a herbivore, anyway. Gonna level some health, some stam, and A LOT of melee.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos. An overconfident rex conveniently died to two stegos right outside my gate, so that's where I got part of the meat (rest was from those two stegos).

(Official, Extinction) Took my wyvern and went wandering, biting any benches and lampposts on my way. Got a bit over a stack of dust. found myself near the Sunken Forest entrance and since I had a hatchet and a few cryopods on me I decided to try my luck with the gachas. First one (level 20, male) was no good. Second (50, male) same. Third (20, male) same... But then I found a pair. Female was level 90, don't remember the male. He doesn't matter, he was a failure as always. The female, though...

She.

Was.

A.

Dust.

Gacha!

My first ever!

I podded her, and went to the Sanctuary, and uploaded her and the dust. Then I fed my dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Took saddle and pellets from my current female gacha and podded her. Downloaded the new one and the dust. Made dust into a piece of element and some shards, saddled the gacha, gave her the pellets, put her into the old one's place, made a ton of arrows and gave them to her. Oh, and of course I named her: she's Felicia now.

And the rest was mostly AFKing and occasionally picking up and opening the crystals - I got 23 pieces of element like that! No more dust runs except the fun, tek dino hunting ones! Now that I have Felicia, I can use the replicator as often as I want, and use the MEK much more often too, and basically just do whatever because I have a steady source of element right on my base. Awesome.

Bred wyverns, gigas, allos, sinos, owls and mantises, didn't keep any eggs - nothing good.

But that's okay, I got my huge chunk of luck today by finding a dust gacha.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

• Like 1

Island Official PVE

My partner and I spent some time (several days) gathering mats.  I mind wiped to dump all levels into crafting skill, then made saddles for the new therizino, yuties, and rexes we are raising to replace everything we lost in the Tek Cave a couple weeks ago.  Also made some weapons and armor.  Vaults are empty again. lol

(Official, Valguero) Since thanks to my new gacha I don't need to keep all the element only for when I really, really, REALLY need it, I took a stack and made tek leggings and tek gauntlets. Too bad I don't have the boots unlocked, but flak ones look decently enough with the leggings (as in "at least there's no clipping").

The argent and the tropeo are adult now, I podded Bloody Cupid (previous breeder argent) and moved the new one in his place. As for previous breeder tropeo - I moved him away form the females and replaced him with the new one, but he's not podded because he happens to also be the tropeo I ride.

Bred argents ad tropeos, as well as wyverns, gigas, allos, dodos and sinos. Only kept one wyvern egg (male, all available gray inherited, melee, unfortunately, isn't, but it takes forever to get a male, all gray AND all stats wyvern, so I'll hatch and raise this one to use until I get the perfect one), and one giga egg (clean female). 

Gave the gacha a bunch of stone, got enough dust for a few pieces of element. Arrows would have been better than stone, but I didn't feel like making them today.

Unpodded my MEK and used it to harvest the meat for today's feeding. Spent, like, 20 element just shooting things. Wasteful? Maybe. But felt great.

Fed the dinos, took the few remaining pieces of element form the MEK, repodded it and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Official PvE

I was mostly just raising and imprinting the last few days, but a friend came online who I'd promised to help through alpha dragon.  So I grabbed some supplies, podded babies as necessary and transferred to the island. 

I had deinos for the fight but they were still a bit fresh from raising, so not many xp levels yet. So I put what level ups they had into hp and left them with a pig to heal.  In the meantime I downloaded a stryder for my friend and cooked some consumables.  Another friend of his had gotten in trouble in a water cave so I took a shadowmane to go help out, succesfully despite the insane numbers of jellies and eels. After that it was dragon time!

I knew the deinos didn't really have enough health, but they are very cheap to breed so I hoped the newer ones would help dps him low enough that our better levelled ridden ones could finish the job, before they died.  It worked, before they died they had dealt with the wave of adds and lowered his health to below 50%. After that we just kept biting his ankles until he died. I happened to be trapped under his body but my teammate managed to grab most of the saddles from the others.

It was late and I was tired by this point so I said my goodbyes and returned to gen 2, where I topped off troughs and logged off.

(Official, Lost Island) "How about I get another magma egg, since the first two were so easy?" thought I to myself. And so I deposited all my items except for the canteen into my carno for safekeeping (higher chance of remembering about them in a carno, than in a box), made some food, mounted my ptera and went to the volcano.

My base is far form it. Very far. Other-end-of-the-map far. It took me a long time to get there.

And just as I was almost there - maintenance announcement! So I landed within the borders of some other player's base for safety and waited that out.

Then I logged back in, mounted my ptera again, and continued my way.

There were too many magmas in the first cave. Too. Many. Like "no way I'm getting past that on the way IN, let alone on the way OUT" many.

So I went to the other one. Plenty magmas there too, but less. Took a look - no eggs. Some players deathbag was there, but I'm not the type to take things from players deathbags, only from the decayed structure ones.

So I decided to see if the situation improved at all in the first cave. Nope. It got worse, now there was a magma right outside one entrance, and three more jammed into the other.

And then I had the "bright" idea to make a bow, shoot the magma and lead it away with my ptera. I tried such things in singleplayer, so I knew it could work...

Didn't account for the chance of a sudden FPS drop, though. So, yeah. Died.

Didn't feel like retrieving the ptera, even though it seemed to survive - transfers are soon, so I'll be able to get anything I want anyway, no reason to fly across the whole map AGAIN for some bird.

Fed the dinos, and made a canoe, which I'll upload for my main base some time later. Not that I need a canoe at my main base, but gotta get SOMETHING, right?

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, checked on the wyverns - they still have plenty crystals left.

(Official, Valguero) Hatched the wyvern egg. It looks decent, despite orange on region 5 instead of brown (brown (or a gray or black mutation) would have made him perfect). Took it out of the hatchery and left it to grow.

Harvested some meat and unpodded gigas.

Bred sinos (only two females were ready), gigas (one ready) and argents (one ready).

Kept the giga egg (clean female).

Gave the gacha some thatch doors, got and cracked some crystals... 

But then I did the stupid thing.

I got bored and decided to sprint using my tek pants and...

I forgot to disable the sprint before using my sino.

Too much speed, lag, loss of control, I fell and died, couldn't find where, lost everything that was on me, which, obviously, included the sino. Like, he might be alive, but no idea where. I searched for him, found nothing.

Took a new sino, grabbed some decent (43 armor) cloth pants, and decided to not wear tek armor again until I stop being an idiot (that means never wear it).

Repodded gigas and the wyvern, fed dinos and that's all for today.

16 hours ago, KingOfTheFort said:

Congrats. If you just unlocked it or don't have one yet, look into getting a teleporter, will make general travel much faster. A lot of people's bases have them so it saves you from having to fly around all the time if you're trading with or visiting people.
Ingredients are below if you're interested. It's kind of expensive but worth it once you realize just how much time it saves in day-to-day operations.

Ingredients
85 ×  Element
2500 ×  Metal Ingot or Scrap Metal Ingot
600 ×  Crystal or Primal Crystal
150 ×  Black Pearl
1200 ×  Polymer, Organic Polymer, or Corrupted Nodule

Thank you, I was helping them through it though, I already solo'd alpha dragon myself and yes the teleporter is a great help. Especially when people have them unlocked.  I only have a little outpost on the island map so I let him have all 400 odd element, I suggested investing in a tek trough to help with the baby raising grind.

I decided it was time to try killing rockwell prime, I've completed most of the gen 2 missions but only have the full set of gamma.  I took 10 shadows and my best reaper.  Bit nerve wracking zooming in there carrying those in your inventory, one lag spike or unlucky goo shot and you're reaper kibble.  Anyway it was fine, put a sleeping bag near the terminal and popped the mission. 

I loved it, the setting was great and the fight felt climactic. The shadows just went to town and mowed down any and all tentacles, whilst I focused the main ones with my reaper. Finished it with no issues and sat back to watch the cutscenes.  After spawning in again on my pre placed bag, I cryo'd everyone (the shadows hadn't even lost a quarter of their health, the reaper had been barely tickled).  Then zoomed back to base and I couldn't resist. I checked what I needed for the exo mek and crafted it.  It is great, movement is fluid and precise plus it has a lot of utility.  

After all that I looked at my little greenhouse and decided to craft some tek crop plots for everything in there. Expensive but worth it, 500% greenhouse effect, can hold double the amount of fert and also get way more crops out compared to standard ones.  Luckily I tamed a high level beetle a while ago so he produces enough fert to fill all the plots.

I also went out searching for the lowest level rexes I could find, I need to do a bit of down breeding. Got a 15 and two 20's. So that will be a little project.  The only things I had out raising and imprinting were some fresh shadows and adolescent gigas.

(Official, Valguero) Fed some of the dinos. Filled a maewing and the tek trough, because today I decided to raise not just juvies, but also one baby. Unpodded gigas, wyvern, and two yuties - Small Fluffy Weak Giga and a still nameless baby (both female).

Gave the gacha some thatch doors and spent some time picking up and opening crystals.

Bred gigas, wyverns, tropeos, argents, sinos, allos and dodos. A dodo egg and an allo egg kept (dodo male with new mutation, allo male, right colors, right stats - will be my new breeder).

After I was done with that, checked on the growing wyvern - 800 food left. Put away all valuables and the sino, took a rifle and some darts, hopped on my milk-run wyvern and went to the trench.

The public trp I was always using was, unfortunately, gone - it was a great big cage with behemoth tek gates on both ends, excellent for both simply milking wyverns one at a time AND for easily trapping and disposing of pretty much the entire angry, ice-breathing contents of the trench to have an opportunity to actually pick eggs instead of grabbing the first thing you see.

Instead there was a typical pillars-and-triangles trap, meant to be used with a smaller flyer - at most with a crystal wyvern.

After checking around for other options and finding none I decided to give it a go. Found a level 15 female, aggroed, flew... A level 150, also female, aggroed too. I flew past the trap, as close to its side as possible, and it worked! One of the wyverns did end up trapped despite the fact that I couldn't lead it in a straight line due to my own wyvern also being of trappable size. It was a 150, unfortunately, but I had enough darts so whatever.

Killed the 15, tranqed the 150, took milk, killed her, and went home. Took my stuff and my sino, fed the wyvern, podded him and all other babies, and that's all for today.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos, killed an alpha raptor.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos.

Yep, just that. Wasn't in a very ARK mood today, as a game long-gone made a return recently so today I was mostly busy with that. You can't blame me - that thing was gone for years, I missed it!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Hatched eggs from the last time, bred dinos again (argents, sinos, mantises, tropeos, wyverns and gigas). Didn't keep any eggs.

Filled tek trough, put some meat into the maewing as well. Some berries went into the mae too - I wanted to raise a dodo.

Unpodded gigas, yuties, allo and dodo.

AFKed for a bit, then checked on crumplecorn and apparently with a full tek trough my gigas can live for 15 hours so I podded everything except for them and the dodo.

Wanted to give the dodo more berries and decided to get them with the maewing itself, but bushes and shrubs available within my base aren't all that great, so I went outside to harvest the yellow flowers instead. An allo happened, me and the mae escaped, and now I know babies in baskets can be hit.

That sets my stupid little dodo mutating project back a bit. No big deal.

Anyway, that's all for today. Unless I stay awake for longer, then I'll log in quickly to top up the trough, and THAT'LL be all for today. Maybe I should add a second tek trough, after all - I can afford it!

And since a bit over an hour later I WAS awake after all, I logged back on, made a second trough... Didn't go entirely fine - when I was about to unload the final stack of metal into the replicator (and thanks to my sino for allowing me to carry an entire stack at a time), the game crashed. No message no nothing. Boom! Desktop.

The good thing about crashes of that kind, however, is that when they happen the game shuts entirely almost instantly, so I was able to run it again and finish crafting very quickly.

My sino, however, was nowhere to be found, so I went to the elevator, took my argent and went looking... Only to find him hovering near the workshop's roof (he's a bright pink non-bird thing, how did I NOT notice him while still being on the roof myself?). I whistled for him to follow, he started following and... Disappeared.

I looked around with an owl - nothing. I took my tropeo and went to 50-50 - nothing (except for a decayed dust dedi with 20+ stacks in it. Which I looted. Hey, if my pet isn't there, might as well get something out of my trip! The bag dropped underwater, so I had to take a bit, make it into element while swimming back to the surface, then sink back and repeat.)

Then I returned home, took a new sino out of the fridge, leveled him (all stam. Ended up with nearly 3000 of it!) and... My previous sino was there, trying to fly through a rock to go back to the sino coop, where the leash in which he's locked stands.

I decided to keep using the new one, though. I mean, nearly 3000 stam! The old one will live in the coop.

Then I took Phobos and hunted. Topped up the first trough, half-filled the second. According to the calculator, one and a half troughs will last my gigas 23 hours - I can be as lazy as I want, they'll be fine.

And now THAT'S all for today. For real.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Today electricity went out for a bit and my Wi-Fi connection has been extremely bad since then (like, could barely connect for long enough to load even the lightest of pages), so I was almost sure that I won't be able to feed my gigas and they'll starve, joining many others who, for various reasons, met the same fate.

Thankfully, just now it became JUUUST good enough to pop onto the server (after several attempts), mount my giga, go outside, get some meat, put it into the troughs, go outside again, get even more (one disconnect happened while I was at it, but I keep Phobos on neutral, so the deinons that came to snack on me and my sino joined the rest of the meat in his inventory instead), put THAT into the troughs, and even add some more element to the generator and imprint the gigas (yes, they'll be breeder females. But I like imprinted gigas. And anyway, I remember their melee stat and I'm using incubators, so its not like I won't be able to tell if I finally get a melee mut just because I made them all nice and imprinted).

And that might be all for today, or not. Depends on how my connection behaves form now on.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Today my connection was better - logged in after just two attempts, no disconnects during the hunt AND I had enough time to not just feed and imprint the gigas, but also feed everything else - even the basilos (I remember about those less often than about my other dinos, as they live outside the base), and give bees more flowers (three stacks for each)! Maybe tomorrow it'll be good enough to try and check on the sidebases, feed things there as well.

It's okay now! It fixed itself!

First I logged on to (Official, Lost Island) - fed dinos, went with my argent to the swamp and killed a ton of leeches for the chitin, returned home, made cementing paste, made a magma saddle, uploaded a canoe (didn't want to wait for the saddle to become uploadable - was too eager to check on my other bases). then I went to 

(Official, Extinction), took the wyvern and went hunting in the wasteland. Fed dinos. After that - off to

(Official, Crystal Isles) where I, as usual, just refreshed the base.

And then finally (Official, Valguero) - bred argents, gigas, sinos, tropeos, wyverns and mantises. A giga egg stays, everything else was bad. Second giga egg had a mutation, but the color was meh and the stat was food, so cracked that one.

Topped up the troughs, imprinted the gigas (both wanted a walk this time - lucky me, no rerolling!), retrieved the canoe, rowed half across the map, then picked up the canoe and flew back using my sino - no reason, just for fun. After all that stuff with bad connection I felt I deserved some no-reason, good connection-reliant fun.

And through it all - not a single disconnect!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted the gigas, put some meat into the maewing and unpodded the allo. Unpodded the wyvern, too.

Made some repellant (I was running low on it), some gunpowder (I have plenty, but that charcoal was just sitting in my forge doing nothing, so...), fed the gacha and made some element.

Decided that my base was a bit cluttered, so podded Carrot (I'm only using Ratteki anyway, so no point in having two velonas out), mantises (it's not like I have any success with them), and two of the owls (four (+the one I sometimes ride) is enough. I always forget about breeding them anyway, so no reason to have all the breeders out). And also Elisabeth - soon enough I'll have two extra gig breeders - ones with my better melee, so no point in having her out.

Imprinted the wyvern.

Refilled troughs.

Put more meat into the maewing for the allo - he's staying out, he'll be fine. Podded the wyvern.

And that's all - for now, at least.

Logged back on, imprinted gigas and the allo (I just thought - I have his base stats saved anyway. Might as well have him imprinted), unpodded the wyvern.

Decided to tame a male oviraptor to start yet another pointless breeding project, but couldn't find one, so nope.

Went to the trench, got milk, and also an egg. Fed the wyvern. Cracked the egg - boring colors, and the stats were bad even for its level.

That's not all for today - I'll log back on AGAIN in a bit, because I forgot to repod the wyvern.

Aaand repodded. And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Took a shotgun. Made ammo. Made soup. Made kibble. Uploaded all that+a podded wyvern and an empty pod.

I was determined to finally get an amarga.

(Official, Lost Island) Downloaded all that (and finally uploaded the magma saddle). Took the wyvern and went searching for amargas. Found some, tried some - trapless taming, predictably, resulted in dead amargas. Ended up settling on a beautiful 130 male. Built a trap - a box with a ramp, plus some spikes around to prevent dinos that I'll lure to it from hitting the amarga.

And... Best I got before running out of creatures to hunt was 4%.

Wasn't my only attempt with that amarga. Later I took down that trap because I spotted one of those proper amarga traps - and I couldn't even get him into it.

So, that's several hours wasted, resources wasted (Sure, I can upload the gun and ammo back And I did. But all that kibble - it stays. And unless I decide to tame something there, which is faily unlikely, it'll be useless), and I no longer want an amarga. It' not worth it.

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted gigas. The allo is adult now. Refilled the troughs, retrieved the saddle, gun and ammo, and that's all for today.

(The Island, SP) Just started a new game around West Coast 2.  Got my bearings, leveled up, tamed a 140 Parasaur.  Named her Sakura, because she's pink.  Collected metal from river rocks and smelted it up.  Found a second Parasaur, level 130.  Tamed her and named her Pepper, because I just watched Iron Man.  She is green.

Game crashed, reset to before I tamed Pepper, so I tracked her down and tamed her again.  Collected some metal... then the game crashed AGAIN!  So I tamed Pepper a THIRD time.  Decided to call it a day after that.  Luckily the game didn't crash again...

(Official, Valguero) In the morning bred things (sinos, wyverns, allos, tropeos, argents), cracked all eggs. Imprinted gigas.

That was all for some time because I decided to lay down for a bit and ended up sleeping until evening. That's a day wasted, but at least when I logged back in this time, gigas were ready for their FINAL imprint!

So I imprinted them. Took a magma and a gasbags to get some metal. And okay, I may return to ol' "Ankylo+argy" for serious metal runs - my gasbags can't carry nearly as much (8000 weight means nothing when metal is involved and weight reduction isn't). Even though magma feels much better because GIANT FIRE LIZARD OF DEATH.

Unpodded the wyvern for a bit of raising.

Fed dinos, filled a gacha with stone and got some element, unpodded and bred a pair of ankylos, also bred allos and yuties (one yuty egg stays).

Repodded the wyvern, and that's all for today.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos. Then made some tranq arrows, took some narcotic, and went wandering - since I have all that kibble and no way to return it to the main base, might as well tame something. First I found a kapro. A high-level female kapro. Tried to knock out, but the thing was too smart - once it noticed that I'm out of reach, it started running away. Gave up - not much point in kapros anyway.

Then I saw an owl. A level 15 female owl, white. Would have been good for making more white owls happen if I ever returned to the owl project, so I tried to tranq that. But no trap and too many predators around - gave up on that, too.

Then I saw a griffin. 135, light colored (as it turned out later, Albino, BigFoot4 and NearWhite). Near a trap. A locked trap, but one of the gates was open, so I decided to try and use it anyway. I got the griffin's attention, and first tried to get it into the trap using my wyvern - sometimes just flying BY the trap ends up with the chasing dino getting trapped. No such luck this time, though. So I dismounted and lured the griffin in on foot. It hit me three times before I got out of the trap - and I wouldn't have survived the fourth.

But I was alive, griffin was trapped, and I started shooting. I shot and shot and shot. The griffin was getting really bloody then it turned around and flew out of the trap. I chased it and, over some cliffs, it finally fell!

To interact with it at all I had to stand on my wyvern as she hovered in place - the thing decided to make my life harder by falling over the part where landing is not possible.

I checked the griffin's stats with Dododex, and believe it or not, it wasn't a bad griffin! Highest stat melee.

So I tamed it, and podded it, and uploaded it, and returned home.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Gigas almost grown! Retrieved the griffin, named it Kestrel, exported stats - post-tame not bad either, 31 point in HP, 37 in stam, 31 in weight, and 40 in melee. I mean, it's pretty useless anyway (I have much better options for travel, combat, egg/milk runs... Honestly, the only thing my other tames can't do that Kestrel can is "be a griffin"), but it's nice to have a GOOD pretty useless tame.

Bred sinos, argnts and wyverns, didn't keep any eggs. Hatched yesterday's yuty egg and podded the resulting baby for later. And that's al for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Amargas are not worth it for PVE at all. They're good for pvp, but for PVE it's not that good. Creatures don't stay in the little effect globe long enough, and I don't think direct hits do anything different anyways. If you're attacking a base, then accuracy doesn't really matter. Amargas are heavy support creatures/siege creatures, but there's really not much they can do against something in PVE. They could be viable in some boss fights where there's a bunch of minions. I've tried them in creative. Their utility as a traveling mount is essentially the only reason to tame one of them in PVE. They're decently fast, can swim, keep you warm or cold, and they can hold their own against most creatures, or run away.

12 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Amargas are not worth it for PVE at all. They're good for pvp, but for PVE it's not that good. Creatures don't stay in the little effect globe long enough, and I don't think direct hits do anything different anyways. If you're attacking a base, then accuracy doesn't really matter. Amargas are heavy support creatures/siege creatures, but there's really not much they can do against something in PVE. They could be viable in some boss fights where there's a bunch of minions. I've tried them in creative. Their utility as a traveling mount is essentially the only reason to tame one of them in PVE. They're decently fast, can swim, keep you warm or cold, and they can hold their own against most creatures, or run away.

I know they're PVP tames. But I tend to base my tame choices on "wow, this looks fun" rather than "wow, this would be useful for me". Amargas look fun, too bad their taming method is so hard that no amount of awesomeness could make me try to get one again.

(The Island, SP)

Day two: Built a rudimentary shack near the Red Obelisk.  Collected lots of Narcoberries, made about 200 Narcotics.  Turned most of them into Tranq Arrows.  Left Sakura Parasaur at base.  Took out Pepper Parasaur (she has better stamina) to see what I could find.  First I find a 135 Triceratops.  Riding Pepper to get a better angle, I finally manage to knock her out.  Named her Jeanne, because she is triple-horned.

Jeanne makes an excellent bodyguard as I explore the south coast.  Finally reach the Lava Cave area.  There is a sheep there.  I built about ten campfires and turned the sheep into lamb chops.  Then I noticed a 145 Stegosaurus nearby, so I built a temporary wood taming pen and lure it in.  I tamed the Stegosaurus and named her Alice, after the Vicar of Dibley's not-too-bright friend.

Day three: With Jeanne and Alice in tow, I made my way to the Green Obelisk.  I decided to leave Pepper and Jeanne there for the time being, and rode Alice into the swamp.  I was looking for a frog, but instead I found a level 150 Baryonyx!  I quickly built a temporary taming pen (and killed several Dilophosaurs, Sarcosuchus, a Kaprosuchus, and a few Titanoboas along the way).  After a lot of maneuvering and almost dying, I finally manage to get the Baryonyx into the trap.  I managed to knock him out with only a few Tranq Arrows to spare.  Kill a few piranhas and tame him up.  I named him Desmond after a character in Lost.

I took Alice and Desmond back to the Green Obelisk.  I left Alice and rode Desmond back to my rudimentary shack.  I needed to make more arrows!  While the Narcotics were being made, I decided to have a little fun with Desmond.  An Alpha Raptor had wandered nearby, but it was no match for Desmond!

Whew!  That's enough Ark for now.  Luckily during the last two days, the game only crashed twice, and I didn't have to re-tame anything.  The game is going to crash even more, I'm sure, so I've come to terms with it.  The fact that Ark runs on Switch at all is a small miracle in and of itself...

(Official, Valguero) Gigas are all grown now, so I moved them to the carnivore corner and immediately bred them. The eggs were no good, but I'm still sure that now that I have three same melee females things will go much better.

Bred tropeos, allos and wyverns, but none of the eggs were any good.

Bred ankylos, and the egg stays - clean female, will raise her to use as a breeder.

Turns out, I forgot to disable breeding on the argents last time - but the eggs still had some health on them, so that's good. But none of the eggs were any good.

Unpodded two yuties and the wyvern.

Hunted with the griffin for a bit, and... Not bad? I mean, wyverns, obviously, are better, with their ranged attacks, and imprints, and the fact that I can always MAKE more (that is, WITHOUT having to first breed an army powerful enough to beat alpha bosses to unlock the cloner. Which is not something I want to do), but for a wild-tame non-breedable thing that was tamed yesterday and wasn't leveled much yet? Not bad at all.

Fed dinos, topped up tek troughs because yuties are staying out, podded the wyvern, and that's all for now. Or for today. Not sure yet.