So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Bred dodos. Nothing else was ready. One egg stays - male and a new mutation.

Found some decayed dedis, looted the stim one (partially) and the narcotic and chitin ones (fully). Got so much narcotic that it didn't fit into my vault, so made a few hundreds of tranq darts from the rest.

Gathered some rare flowers, not much. Didn't feel like going to the swamp, so just went to the nearest spot where they grow by themselves.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Same.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

And that's all for today.

I finally get around to trying the Tek Cave with no dinos on Gamma. After a brief sprint at the top of the first part, I jump and activate my glider suit. In hindsight, I probably should have practiced more with it first, as this is the first time I've ever used one. I keep hitting the ceiling, making the wings retract, and then I'm mashing the space bar to open them again. I try the sprint option, which drops my altitude faster and helps avoid the stalactites, but now I'm going too fast, find I can't make a turn, hit the wall and drop to the floor. Purlovias pop out of the ground like some Whac-A-Mole game gone haywire, and one of them gets me. I start blasting away with my shotgun, finally manage to get free, and with twenty percent health get to a ledge and jump off. A bunch of Allos, purlovias, etc. run off it after me and plummet into the lava below.

Surprisingly enough, I make it through the protective barrier at the bottom and start freezing. I switch to my fur gear and jet pack, down a Fria Cury, and turn to flip off everything that's behind the barrier. A couple of med brews later, I activate my jet pack . . . . It's not working. In the video I watched, the person was able to use it to glide through this part. So now, I'm wondering if it's going to work for the Overseer. 

After a bit of sightseeing, I enter the arena, and . . . my jetpack works! Woo Hoo! I'm hovering and unloading shell after shell from my shotgun into the Overseer. Occasionally, I have to pause to shoot down a few drones, but things are going well. He changes to the spider, and I take her out. I force him to change again, and it's monkey time!

I'm doing okay until I manage to get stuck in the ceiling for a bit. I drop to get out of it, and hit Shift to hover, and the monkey gets me with a rock. A number of armor pieces break, so I start moving away. For some reason, I can't drink med brews, so I decide to land. I have (had that is) my Tek Boots on, so I drop to see if it's just because I'm flying that it won't let me drink, and I end up killing myself . . .

That was nerve wracking from the start, heh. Anyway, I learned a bit at least. I don't have another Gamma dragon trophy, though, so it may be a bit before I try again.

Happy Arking, All!

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Yesterday's dodo egg hatched, new mutation didn't look exciting (as I said once before, I don't really remember what color region is for what on what, so actually seeing the dino still comes as a surprise), so I killed it.

Bred gigas, sinos, wyverns and dodos. No eggs were kept. One giga egg was with a mutation, but it was a female and the mutation was on stam of all things. Plus the color was boring.

Fed dinos, filled a maewing with meat, unpodded the baby gigas to raise them some more.

Killed things for the sake of killing things (to be exact, used my sino to fly around while shooting deinons and brontos with my pistol).

Grabbed two deinon eggs, 135 and 20. Cracked both after seeing the stats and colors: both were going to be ugly, and the stats were bad on the 135.

Made more tranq darts. I already have so many that I'll probably never use all of them, but still, nice to have a lot. Should make more gunpowder at some point, though.

Repodded gigas and that's all for today.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Took a wyvern and wandered around the map. Found a cave, entered, killed a purlovia, got attacked by another, left the cave. Might go there again at some point, but without fighting anything (dinos too high level. Would have to transfer something actually battle capable to CI for that, and that's just not happening) - just to take a good look around. It seemed nice. Grabbed a few drops, in one was a tropeo saddle.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

5 hours ago, Lemoon said:

Started to breed my tek rex, now on the hunt for a rex saddle, wheres the best place to find one?! currently playing on extinction but happy to travel. 

I found most of my previous Rex saddle BPs in the easy sea cave on The Island. When I started my latest SP game, though, the crates weren't spawning right in there. I eventually found one in the underwater cave on Crystal Isles. There are a lot of crates in there. Not sure if it's the best, but it worked for me.

10 hours ago, Chudz66 said:

I found most of my previous Rex saddle BPs in the easy sea cave on The Island. When I started my latest SP game, though, the crates weren't spawning right in there. I eventually found one in the underwater cave on Crystal Isles. There are a lot of crates in there. Not sure if it's the best, but it worked for me.

Sweet! i'll check it out, need to hunt down an ascendant giga saddle now as well, but first the rex is the most important for me and my partner. 

Pve Gen 2

Spent the weekend raising and imprinting, all sorts of creatures. Got consistent stats on theris and rexs, now to hopefully get some mutations.  

So today went to rag for a milk run, I always have quick look at the eggs too.  Recently on the server I use, I feel like someone has been doing egg runs but only taking good ones and leaving the others, as I've found multiple 20 - 30's. I cleared the low levels and found an alpha, killed her so that was milk sorted, then rechecked the nests and got two 180's a lightning and a poison.  On the way back to an obelisk I swung past some ice wyvern nest sites, one has a base on it and 3 were empty.  I did find a level 15, pity but thats the way it goes sometimes.  Also spotted a decayed base and raided some dedis of poly, ingots and over 10k of achatina paste.  Left some at my little milk run base and hauled the rest of my spoils back to ob to transfer home.  Pretty good field trip all in all.

Filled troughs, claimed and podded some newborn shadows and fed wyverns before logging off.

(Official, Valguero) Bred wyverns, gigas, sinos and dodos. Made EVEN MORE tranq darts. Just because.

Unpodded Mara (my only female tropeo) and bred her to Stripes.

Hunted things, first with a magma (for fun) then with a giga (to actually get meat for the troughs).

While hunting with the magma found out that it's not a great idea to keep magmas on anything but passive - in a misguided attempt at protecting me Hothead nearly killed me. So it's passive for him and the other two from today on.

Gave bees more flowers. They were almost out. Next time I'll DEFINITELY do a big flower run! ...If  I don't forget again, that is.

Now, about the eggs: one dodo egg stays (male, new mutation: yellow on the head. Old mutated color (powder blue on the legs) inherited), two sino eggs stay (both male, one green on 0, I forgot what's the other, but it too has something new), tropeo egg stays (clean female), one giga egg stays (clean female. Yes, I have a lot of those. But after that one time with a rollback I decided to keep all 21 point melee females again. Just in case). Everything else cracked.

(Gamma Overseer Quest)

I read that you can use cryo-pods to bring in extra dinos before teleporting to the second half. So the current plan is to level up and heal ten to fifteen of my extra rexes, then pod them back up. Ideally, I'm going to do better with the glider suit this time, un-pod the rexes before teleporting, and they will last long enough to distract the monkey boss, so he doesn't throw rocks at me while I'm floating above and wreaking havoc with my shotgun. So Doc Bubbles is working overtime on healing the ones I've had in cryo forever. 

Anyone can confirm that you can drop cryo-pods before the second part in SP? It would indeed be a bad time to find out that you can't. But, live and learn. 

Happy Arking, All! 

15 hours ago, Lemoon said:

Sweet! i'll check it out, need to hunt down an ascendant giga saddle now as well, but first the rex is the most important for me and my partner. 

Yes, definately check the water caves for rex saddles.  For Giga saddles I would head for the desert on Ragnarok.  I have found a ton of saddles and BPs in the red loot crates there.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, did a dust run (with a wyvern, because more fun), 16 whole stacks plus a bit extra. Uploaded the dust. Considered taming a second megalo, but realized I don't have any live cryopods here, so didn't do that.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, refilled maewings. Bred gigas, tropeos, sinos and wyverns, put the new eggs into the incubators, hatched the eggs form the last time. Killed the green sino, looked ugly, the other one will be raised to become a new breeder. Out of the new eggs only two stay - clean females, giga and tropeo.

Unpodded two gigas, a sino, a tropeo and a dodo for raising.

Unpodded my bronto and went to the swamp, got a ton of rare flowers, won't need a new flower run in a while. 2 stacks went into each of my two hives, the rest is in the fridge.

Repodded gigas and the tropeo, sino and dodo are staying out. Logged off... Then remembered I forgot to retrieve the dust, so started ARK again, took the dust, made it into element and shads, and THAT'S all for today (good thing I remembered about the dust!)

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, refilled maewings. Bred tropeos, wyverns, gigas, maewings and mantises (tropeo stays. The rest as always).

Replaced the male dodo and sino breeders with the newly grown ones and bred, one sino egg stays (new guy's stam mut not inherited, but mutated colors are, and there's a dark purple mut which goes quite nicely with magenta body (would be an eyesore on a larger dino, but sinos are great i bright colors).

Unpodded for raising gigas, tropeos, and a mutated mae that I had for a while.

Took a stack of darts, a rifle, two boxes of chocolate, two stacks of narcotic, and 7 pieces of best kibble and went to tame... Something.

Yep, I had no clear goal. None. Zero. I just looked at every knock-out tame I saw to decide if I want it.

Nothing caught my eye, until I went to the snow and saw HIM.

Level 145, male, red-and-white argent.

I NEEDED to have him.

I tamed him with no trap and no net, just shooting him while flying on my sino. He hurt me quite a bit - no wonder, I've been wearing only cloth armor (good cloth armor, but still) lately and didn't change for the hunt. Good thing I had two boxes - turns out it's not just tames they heal - they work for players, too.

Finally I knocked him out, fed him the remaining box, gave him the kibble, enabled tracking and went far away so that being unrendered would protect him form danger.

As I was waiting for him to get tamed, I went wandering around, ended up on the mountain and accidentally discovered that the bones there give keratin when harvested. Neat.

The argent ate just one piece of kibble and already was only one more away from being tamed, so I went quickly back to take away all but that one piece - just because I barely ever tame anything doesn't mean I should sacrifice some of my kibble to however many points his "food" stat will increase post-tame.

Finally, he was tamed. I named him Bloody Cupid, exported his stats (36 stam, not bad. 28 weight, bad but whatever, 39 melee, great, 41 oxygen... Dude, what?), podded him and went home.

Home I decided to start my argent breeding anew. I unpodded my clean females (Snowy, Sophani and Nightmare Shadow), and put Bloody Cupid with them. I also unpodded my flawed, mutated females from the old time and killed them, so now the only female with a mutation that's left is Sapphire, who is a resource run argy, not a breeder.

This time I'll do everything properly, no mutations allowed on females and all. I mean, I used to keep some mut females because "but it's on stam! I'll definitely breed her to a male and get a male with that stat instead!" And guess what? I never did anything with them because I'm too lazy for that.

The first eggs weren't any good, only one kept (clean female), but I'll keep trying.

Threw out some sulfur from the tek trough, put meat in there instead, and turned the generator on, because the tropeos and the mae are staying out for the night, podded the gigas and that's all for today.

• Like 1

So let's see, I've been spending time fishing lately, or trying to at least. I put a few foundations out from the shore, set down a chair, and *Sploosh*. . . W . . . A . . . I . . . T . . . Press Z message . . . (Hit wrong button) The line snaps. "Son of a . . ." Then I manage to get some fish but no candies. After twenty minutes, I realize I need to get the fish with the hearts. Blah! But after that, I actually manage to catch a couple. Then I decide this would be easier with a raft. 

The Chudzitanic sets sail again!

My chibi noglin, Dinky, seems pretty excited about this. He's up on top of the mast pointing out fish with hearts. And once were in the midst of a big school of fish, I drop anchor and set out the chair. Dinky does a perfect forward dive, entering the river with barely a ripple. Two nearby Carbonemys hold up signs that read "9.5".

Seriously? I thought that was a 10. Anyway, I start fishing and let Dinky goof around. 

I get some decent blueprints while fishing and some more candies and eventually decide to call it a day. Rising from my chair, I turn around, and my mouth drops open in surprise. 

Dinky has gathered a large pile of event fish on the raft, and as they dissolve, turning into piles of candies and chocolate, he dives in and goes all Tas-noglian devil on them. Afterward, I watch as he changes every color imaginable, pats his full belly a couple of times, burps loudly, and then bazooka vomits all 96 colors of a Crayola crayon box.

Pretty epic scene, actually.

Anyway, I think I'm done with fishing for now, time to go check out potential event tames. Happy Arking, All!

Edited by Chudz66
tense...

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, refilled maewing, unpodded gigas and the sino. Unfortunately, I didn't put enough meat into the tek trough yesterday, so only one of the tropeos survived (the mae was fine, being omnivorous saved its life).

Bred sinos, gigas, wyverns, tropeos, argents and mantises, one argent egg kept (clean female). Hatched yesterday's eggs and put the tropeo and argents (twins) from them with the maewing.

Made some cementing paste.

Removed all sulfur form the tek trough, replaced with meat, turned the generator on. This time everything that stays out should be fine. Podded gigas and that's all for today.

In the morning logged on to (Official, Valguero), checked on the babies. The tropeo was gone, but there was nothing about her death in the tribe log, so I decided to drop all babies form the maewing to see if it's a glitch. And it was! Upon dropping the babies the tropeo appeared, alive and perfectly fine. There still was plenty of meat both in the trough and in the maewing. I bred gigas (only one was ready) and wyverns, didn't keep either of the eggs, and that was all on Valg for today.

And just now I refreshed the base on (Official, Crystal Isles) and fed dinos both on (Official, Lost Island) and Official, Extinction). On Extinction I was greeted by a shadowmane sticking through my wall. As it was in no position to block anything, I assume it was dropped there accidentally somehow, rather than placed on my base intentionally.

Ad that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, put the tropeo and the argents with others of their respective kinds, bred gigas, argents, tropeos, wyverns and sinos.

None of the eggs were any good, cracked all.

Unpodded gigas for more raising, took Phobos and went to hunt tek dinos. Got enough dust for 83 shards - not bad.

Saw a pink ichthyo and wanted to get its dermis for my training dummy, but a sabertooth ate the corpse before I managed to get to it. I killed the saber, of course. Tried to find another ichthyo that I'd want for that purpose, but all others were plainly colored. Sure, any ichthyo would be pleasant to have as a punching bug, but I wanted specifically a brightly colored one.

When I was almost home, I saw a 130 alpha rex. Went to grab my chibi quickly and then killed it. Didn't really get any closer to the chibi's final level, but at least Phobos got a level of his own.

The gigas are 9.3% grown already, podded them and that's all for today.

(Official, Valguero) Logged on too early, apparently - not all of my female dinos were ready for the next breeding, so didn't breed wyverns at all, and only got 1 tropeo egg. Out of sinos and argents one female of each wasn't ready.

Cracked all eggs. There was only one mutation, on argent, and it was on food.

Hunted, refilled maewing, unpodded gigas and mantises.

Saw a 150 female allo, realized that I haven't done anything with my allos in a long time, so got darts, narcotics and kibble in hopes that she'll have some good stats to add to what I have.

Tamed her with no trap, partially giga-tanking, partially - chasing on a sino. The main problem was some tribe's aggressive rex parked nearby, but fortunately the allo didn't get close to it too often and ran away quickly each time the rex tried to attack.

Once the allo was knocked out, I checked the stats... Well. The only reason I'm not saying those were the worst stats I've ever seen on an allo is the fact that I don't remember all allo stats I ever saw. 30+ points in speed when wild.

Tamed anyway.

Named her Eyesore, because it's a full event-colored allo. Deep pink on the body, lavender on the belly, dark red on the back. Had to paint her full white because my eyes hurt from looking at her. White didn't fix the situation entirely, but the resulting light pink is much easier to look at. And yes, that means she's staying - her post tame stats, while not great, are better than what I have: my previous best stamina on an allo was 24, same for weight, and 17 - for melee. Eyesore is 31/30/26, so I'll keep her until I get a full black male with those stats inherited.

Unpodded my old allos Midnight and Perfection, as well as a nameless female baby allo.

Bred the allos, cracked the eggs, because of course I didn't get what I need on the first try.

The gigas are over 10% now, but I podded them anyway: according to the breeding calculator, they can last for about 16 hours with a tek trough full of meat, but I'm not sure I'll be on in time to feed them as I don't really pay much attention to time and might simply forget, so I'll raise them some more before I start leaving them out. Podded Electro (ythe mutated mantis) as well since I'm want to try to get him fully imprinted, the baby allo too, and the female mantises are staying out - I gave the maewing more spoiled meat for them, they should be fine.

I went out in search of a female snow owl and event yuti. Did manage to get an owl. Wish she was a higher lvl but at least I can breed her just in case. Did find an event yuti but he was too close to the scar. Event or not there were too many dragons hanging around for my liking. 

After my snowy adventure I headed into the forest before getting a couple event tames. Unfortunately in the mist of feeding a pego stole my kibble. I wish I could've recovered some. After that mess I searched for  beehives and ran into more pegos. Probably in a contest to see who could be the bigest jerk. Lightning greeted them. Looked for more beehives heading back but was unsuccessful.

Went back to make morekibble and was going to go out on a metal run before the announcement put an hold on that.

PVE Island Official

Pushed really hard the last couple days to finish getting boss teams together.  A full team of therizinos and a full team of rexes are raised, saddled, and levelled. 

The yuti program was a little behind schedule as it took longer than expected to get 1 egg with all the right stats but it finally happened last night and the new boss team yuty commander is in the maewing basket as we speak.  I have a couple others that have lesser stats and they will probably get the early boss action until the new one is ready.

Also spent time recently collecting the last of the artifacts / tributes needed and I should have enough for beta / alpha of each boss. 

Finally tried my hand at fishing.  Eh, it was ok.  Didn't get anything great.  

Anyway, cabinets are bare from making saddles, lol, but that is ok.  It was a productive event and now I can wrestle some bosses.