So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Lost Island) Decided to try and get another magma egg. And did it! There were no magmas in the cave, no other players (so no awkwardness), and one egg. 150. I grabbed it and uploaded it.

Then I tried to gain some levels by making a bunch of rafts, but that was very boring and not very effective, so I decided to go and tame a rex instead to kill everything in my path with it. Spotted a level 90, knocked out, tamed (with mutton), used it to kill some dinos, already got one level for me and a ton for it, and went home to leave my argent there before going to kill even more stuff with my new rex... Except there was a giga nearby. Wild.

So I unpodded the argy, podded the rex (I made a pod to move the rex n and out of the base until I replace dino gate with a behemoth one), entered my base and logged off. It may not be the smartest thing to do, just logging off and hoping things would be better later, but I can't kill it, I won't risk luring it away, and I cant exactly move base with a single cryopod and a less than 2000 weight argent.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the magma egg, put it and all the other eggs into the hatchery. Bred wyverns. Unpodded babies. Made more polymer.

Imprinted Hothead the second time, he's growing fine and I still have 59 stacks of sulfur left, so things are going well.

The new magma egg hatched into a female, grayish-green with blue spikes, the stats aren't great (points spread across them pretty evenly), but she stays. Yesterday's sinom egg hatched into twins, both female, mom's stamina, kept both nd even let them grow for a bit.

Giga eggs are nearing hatching, I think I'll finish them tomorrow.

Picked up eggs, podded babies.

(Oh, and Duck the Maewing is all grown, alive and saddled)

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

I decided on a change of pace, so I headed back to Extinction to tame some Theris. I kind of remembered where the entrance to the hidden forest was, so Van, my argy, and I headed in that general direction. Evidently, I remember it being in the wrong place, because we ended up by a cave type entrance and aggro'd a corrupted wyvern. Van and I both swore quite creatively, before managing to dodge its first breath attack. As it was circling around for another, I pulled the teleport gizmo out of my pocket and started mashing the button like I wanted the elevator to get there faster. A globe of light enveloped us as the wyvern neared, and then *Poof!*, we were back at base. Sigh of relief!

So anyway, my argy and I agreed that I should look up the *Beepin* coordinates before we headed back out there. (Brief Youtube Interlude....)

This time we found it no problem, and we overflew a level 135 female within the first couple of minutes. She was knocked out and kibble tamed, and her stats were pretty average. She had event colors at least, though. I podded Gretta, and it was off to find a male. Not even ten minutes later, we came across a level 140 male with good stats. He was tamed posthaste, and came out with nice HP and melee. Then . . . I searched around for another high level female for an hour and didn't find anything, so it was back to base. *Poof!*

Once there, I dismounted and high fived Van, celebrating our tames and our still being alive. I put stuff away after that then headed for the nearby transmitter. The tames were uploaded, and my survivor followed them shortly after, disappearing into the ether.  

So, of course, Ark crashed on me when I was back on the Island and downloading the tames. I lost Max, the male Theri, but Gretta came through at least. I learned more about cheat commands, summoning in a male to replace the one I lost. I finally settled on Max II, who had lower HP and melee than his predecessor, but I just wanted to get on with things at that point. Anyway, the Theris are both cryo'd, and I'll breed them next time. 

On 12/20/2021 at 11:53 AM, Donk67 said:

Lost a bunch of eggs when hatching, they left no babies, just nothing!!!😬 Poooofffff gone!!!

Were the parents high level? If the baby inherits all the highest stats and tries to hatch over level 450 it will do that.  Happens to me often.  I have also had babies hatch and glitch through an elevated floor before too.  Found them on ground under the base (which sat on pillars a the time).  

• Thanks 1

(Official, Lost Island) Checked if giga still there (thankfully, it isn't), took the rex and went hunting. Got two levels, a ton of chitin... Unfortunately, the server isn't feeling too well, so hunting was really, really difficult, so I stopped at that. Returned home, fed dinos, made some cementing paste.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, put eggs back into the hatchery, bred wyverns, gave gachas a lot of stone, used up all the obsidian I got from the gachas and all I had in the vault to make even more polymer, and decided that cracking the crystals open near the fabricator, putting the obsidian there, and starting to make poly immediately is more convenient than storing obsidian in a vault and moving some to the fab when needed (took me long enough), so once the obsidian vault was empty, I renamed and repainted it, and now it's an electronics vault instead.

The giga eggs all hatched, no mutations, all kept for Exp. And I'm done with gigas for this event.

Wyvern egg hatched, female, unfortunately mutated on oxygen, but inherited all the right stats and colors, so she stays. Once she's grown, all I'll have to do is breed her to Black Pepper until I get a male with all the best stats and all gray inherited (which is all gray except for body highlights), and that high-stat, nearly all gray male will be my final fire wyvern.

Wings the sino is imprinted now, and half-grown.

The magmas are growing fine, the female (I named her Minerva) is almost 5% now, nd Hothead is a bit over 20%.

Tried to go after Raptor Claus presents, but was unable to get any.

Returned home, podded the wyvern and the magmas, gave Chocolate some extra chitin because the sinos will be staying unpodded in the baskets, and that's all for today.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:58 AM, Penguin73 said:

Were the parents high level? If the baby inherits all the highest stats and tries to hatch over level 450 it will do that.  Happens to me often.  I have also had babies hatch and glitch through an elevated floor before too.  Found them on ground under the base (which sat on pillars a the time).  

Yeah man Thanks, it was the levels being too high, I had an inkling that's what it was but I did look under the floor too as this building is on Pillars also, Lol..😉👍

• Like 1

(Official, Lost Island) Went hunting again. Leveled to 81. Killed an alpha raptor, got 60-something armor hide boots from it, which I uploaded to use on main base (I decided to change from my usual riot/flak to hide). Raided two beaver dams, got plenty of cementing paste, so made all the obsidian I had into polymer.

(Official, Extinction) Went to tame gachas. Today I decided to not look strictly for a dust gacha, so despite not getting a dust one, I didn't return empty-handed: I got a nice sulfur one, which I podded and uploaded.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the boots and the gacha. Replaced the current, obsidian male with the new, sulfur one and gave him a lot of stone and pellets. No more relying on wyverns and golems or transferring sulfur from Extinction, which is great considering the two magmas I'm raising.

Unpodded babies, bred gachas, moved the now-adult sinoms to the coop (from which I removed the featherlights, as I didn't use them anyway. I didn't kill them, just podded them).

Took down a portion of the base's fence and rebuilt it straighter (previously having a straight line without sacrificing a potion of the size was impossible due to another tribe's structure being too close, but that's gone now).

Got four or five Raptor Claus resents, but nothing too great in them. 40 dust, some poly, the rest was boring and worse than what I already have in my vault.

Podded the dinos that I previously used for in-base transport, because I just fly on a sinomacrops now instead.

Went to get milk for the wyvern, got it, fed the wyvern. Gacha born, no dust (or sulfur), killed.

Gave Hothead his third imprint and Minerva - her first. Podded them and the wyvern. And that's all for today.

Today I only remembered about ARK in the late evening, so I didn't play much. Still, here's what I did:

(Official, Lost Island) Fed dinos, replaced dino gate with behemoth gate. Leveled to 82.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base and checked if the wyverns need more crystals (they don't).

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos, opened gacha crystals I had in my inventory since the last time, now my tek trough has 90 stacks of sulfur in it.

Let's see . . . I went back to Crystal Isles for some more wyverns, and then used one for drop hunting. I tamed my first ever ravager, then broke the wall of the taming pen to let it out and eventually dropped another one in there, forgetting that I didn't put up new door-frames, and . . . yah, that got a little crazy. Two more ravagers were tamed, and I have my own little pack. I ran around with those and explored the map. It is a really beautiful map, and I actually thought of trying Aberration again because of the ravagers. . .

. . . Then, I got better. (I really wanted to get into it when it came out, but it just didn't work for me.)

I transferred a female wyvern back to the Island to breed them for the first time and realized I should pay more attention to my tames. The one on the Island is female, so there was some uploading and downloading done to get the male over and that one back to Crystal Isles. (I think I may have a workaround for my obelisk crash issues. I podded the dinos and did everything on the Data tab. We'll see how it is going forward.) 

When the first baby (Slynn) matured, I took her out after Raptor Claus drops. Once we finally located his route, we saw that the remaining drops were falling in the redwoods in foggy, pitch-black weather. Needless to say, we were both like, "*Beep* this!" and went back to base. 

My Chibi is getting close to level four, so I went out looking for Alphas to slay. Unfortunately, there weren't many to be found. Of course, if this was a new character in a Beach Bob hut, they'd be all over the place. Anyway, I still need 30k to level it.

Afterward, I bred my rexes to get the new HP mutation on a male, and it took awhile, but Raptor Man is the new leader of the pack. I'm just waiting for him to mature before I set all of them back to "Let's get it on," mode. 

Happy (Christmas) Arking, All!

Edited by Chudz66

(Official, Lost Island) Hunted, hunted and hunted some more! Killed 5 or 6 alpha raptors. Also, crafted things for Exp, at first terror bird saddles, but then that stopped giving any noticeable amount of Exp, so switched to rafts. Reached level 89. Built an incubator and uploaded it.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the incubator, installed it, and placed three carbo eggs I had into it just to see how well it works. It turned out to be awesome, so I bred other things, even gigas, put those eggs in as well. Even unpodded a female ice wyvern to breed.

And, as always, unpodded the magmas and the wyvern for raising. Minerva is juvenile already.

Now, about the eggs:

Giga: fail, cracked.

Yuties: one cracked, the other has double mutations, so kept.

Wyvern (ice): father's colors, kept.

Wyvern (fire): I'll probably kill it once it's hatched, but it has a mutation, pink, and I want to see what it'll look like for real instead of just a color square in the incubator's interface.

Sinomacrops: no mutations, two females one male, kept, hatched, and will stay with the maewing for the night (there's enough chitin).

Maewings: well, those always stay. They're maewings! No mutations, though.

Wild deinon eggs: all colors sucked, so all eggs cracked.

After seeing how great the incubator is, I removed four more ACs to have space for a second one, once I have it.

Podded the magmas and the wyvern.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Lost Island) Gathered materials for a second incubator. Spotted an alpha rex near base, lured it into the sea. Killed two alpha raptors. Level 92 now - soon I'll be able to make magma saddles!

Built the incubator and uploaded it.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded babies (usual magmas and wyvern, +2 unicorns that I had for a long time, which are now in Chocolate's baskets).

Hatched the eggs in the incubator, fire wyvern killed (mutation turned out to be on an inactive region (Yes, I could see on which region it was in the incubator. But you can't expect me to remember what's active and what isn't, okay?), plust while the mutation ws on heath, the stat itself was inherited from the lower-health parent), ice wyvern left out to grow for some time. Yuty is very pink, and will be raised simply because he looks ridiculous, even though his stats are bad (a melee mutation means nothing when the base melee is 4 points. Also, the second mutation is on food).

Retrieved and installed the second incubator (technically, one is enough, I don't breed that much. But symmetry!).

Bred spinos, gigas, yuties, snow owls (the clean ones), sinos. Stole some deinon eggs.

The spino and giga eggs I cracked, nothing good in them. Sinos, too: no mutations, and I don't need more clean females. The snow owl egg was female, so kept. A few best color deinon eggs kept, boring ones were cracked regardless of stats.

Got 4 Raptor Claus presents! And in one of them was a 30-something gasbags BP. Not the coolest thing ever, but better than what I usually get.

Went to the trench to get some wyvern milk, nearly lost my wyvern, but got it after all. Returned home, fed baby wyverns. on my way to the trench spotted an alpha rex and an alpha carno, so after feeding the wyvs, grabbed Phobos, put on my chibi, and went to kill the alphas. Turned out there was also a second alpha carno and an alpha raptor! Killed all that.

Attacking the alphas angered a nearby sabertooth and for a few seconds I didn't even fight back because here I am. Riding a fully imprinted giga. And some angry cat decides that it wants to kill me. I was just like "Dude. Seriously? This is what you want to do, attack a dino that only needs whole one bite to kill you because you can't do 1/4 of a bite in ARK?" then, of course, I killed it.

Returned to the base and imprinted the magmas. Minerva is half imprinted now, and Hothead is 100%.

Moved two of the female fail gigas into the fridge for dinos that I'll maybe raise, to possibly make them into breeders, since with the incubators hatching the eggs will be a lot easier - forgetting about them is fine as long as I don't forget for a week.

Hatched the eggs in the incubator, podded everything except for the owl - it went to Chocolate the maewing.

Speaking of the maewing: filled its inventory completely with berries and meat, because the unicorns and the owl are staying in there until tomorrow. Pretty sure they'll be fine: 139% nursing effectiveness, and a ton of food.

Podded the yuty, the wyverns, and the magmas (I maybe could leave at least one out, considering the amount of sulfur in the trough, but I'm not sure so I'd rather not risk it).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Moved the now-adult unicorns to the stable, moved the owl to the gachas. Podded my two oldest owls, the heavily mutated ones that I got in exchange for a tuso BP a long time ago. They're great, but now I want to use the spot in front of the gachas as the owl breeding spot, so the only mutated owl that can stay there is Winter (because I ride her sometimes).

Filled Chocolate's inventory with even more meat.

Unpodded the babies (wyverns, magmas, pink yuty, and two female gigas) for raising.

Bred gigas, spinos, yuties, ankylos, stegos, sinoms and owls. Maewings, too.

Out of all those eggs only kept one yuty (female, no mutations) - everything else was disappointing. One owl egg I thought I'd keep, but it turns out I turned mating on Winter instead of Snowflake (the newest owl) by mistake, so yea. Had to kill that.

Disabled breeding on Winter, enabled on Snowflake, and that egg was a nice clean female, which I left with the maewing, so she'll be adult the next time I log on.

Went to get milk for the wyverns, and, unfortunately, the lag gave me absolutely no chance to even see the wyverns before it was too late, let alone escape from them. So, minus wyvern (the one I was riding! The growing ones still had enough food to survive, just not enough for me to be comfortable with it), minus armor, minus my awesome crossbow and rifle.

Also, the "You killed yourself" message hits especially hard when it's due to falling to my death because the lag enabled wyverns to kill my mount. Because yeah! Right! I killed myself! Totally what happened here.

So anyway, I respawned, I unpodded a new wyvern, an ice this time, I made a new crossbow and a new rifle (after looking all over my base for the BP - I even thought I threw it out by accident! But turns out it was in the replicator. Phew.), I went and got that milk (why didn't I think of using an ice wyvern for it before? So much safer!), and I grabbed a 150 ice egg as a compensation.

Returned home, fed the wyverns, put the new egg in the incubator (female, okay stats, red on region 0, don't remember the other colors but remember thinking it'll look ridiculous), imprinted Minerva, and went to the redwoods with Phobos to kill things.

In the redwoods I killed one alpha carno - no other alphas there this time, unfortunately. Lots of wild dinopithecus for some reason, though - aren't they supposed to only live on LI and not touch other maps with their filthy paw-hands unless brought there tamed? But since they're there, I killed lots of them, and the one that survived the death of its pack I tamed, named My Family Is Dead, podded, and then threw to the jellyfish. Serves it right for existing where it shouldn't. The whole trip to redwoods and back took around two hours.

After returning home I checked how much sulfur the magmas ate - and it wasn't much at all! And the whole day from log on to return from redwoods was around five or six hours, so I decided it's safe to leave Hothead out for the night. Podded Minerva, though. Podded the yuty, the wyverns and the gigas, and that's all on Valguero.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Lost Island) Leveling-leveling-leveling! Killed lots of things, traveled all the way to the redwoods, apparently thylas there took a page out of purlovia's book: saw them bursting from underground instead of jumping off the trees.

By killing things (including two alpha carnos, because my rex apparently can handle that) I reached level 94. Learned the minigun engram

Returned home and made lots of things - rafts, large wooden walls, large storage boxes - until I reached level 95. learned the magmasaur saddle engram, gathered more stone, hide and metal. Crafted one saddle, metal for the second one is smelting. By the time I made the saddle, I was really tired of ARK (I mean, that was a lot of ARK today!), so I decided that if it's not ready for the upload by the time I reach the nearest beacon, I'll go home without uploading and do it tomorrow instead. It wasn't ready, so that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Lost Island) Crafted a second magma saddle and uploaded both.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the saddles, checked on Hothead (adolescent now, ate less than two stacks of sulfur since I left him), and since he's doing so well, unpodded Minerva. Hatched the wyvern (she DOES look ridiculous!) and podded her. Restacked the remaining meat in the maewing.

For now that's all because I literally just woke up and didn't even have a breakfast yet.

The rest of my day in ARK:

(Official, Extinction) Just randomly decided to get a megalosaurus. So I made tranq darts, and some narcotic even though that's not necessary, and I went to get it! First I had to look for a megalo that I want. Spotted a lovely seemingly all-white level 80 female, shot... And she uncurled revealing a bright green belly. UNACCEPTABLE!!!1

Killed.

Nothing else looked good: bad levels, bad colors. Killed a ton. Among what respawned I finally found a good one: level 100, female, ginger. Knocking her out was annoying, but I ended up succeeding and left her to starve for a while. As she did that, I spent the time killing everything that moved, especially if it gave prime meat.

Of course, the megalo woke up. That's their thing, after all.

Re-tranqed, left to starve a bit longer, and finally gave her the meat. She wasn't hungry enough to insta-tame, but it still was pretty fast. I podded her and uploaded (along with a bit over two stacks of dust, which I harvested while waiting for the megalo to be ready for uploadig). After that I fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the megalo and the dust. Checked the vault to see if I have a megalo BP, but nope! Had to settle for an engrm-crafted one.

Named the megalo Big Rat, and exported her stats - turns out, she has 34 points in weight and 30 in melee - not bad.

Fed the dinos, moved the newest owl to the gachas, bred owls, gigas, sinoms, spinos and yuties.

Out of all the eggs only kept two owl (clean females, and those are going to be my final clean owls. Anything without an useful mutation after that will be cracked) and one sino (mutated. Don't remember on what, but it's my first sino mutation),

Unpodded the wyverns, the gigas and the yuty to let them grow some more.

When night finally came, mounted Big Rat and went hunting - she's strong! Sure, I know that megalos are strong at night, but still it's pretty surprising.

After a bit of hunting I went to grab RC presents (on a wyvern, of course). Got four, unfortunately the best thing in them was a 298% revolver. Still, I decided to use that, so I made some ammo and went to hunt seagulls... At least that was the plan, but there were no seagulls. Had to settle for shooting pteras instead. 

While doing that I saw an event colored dodo, really nice, so I tamed that. Two new tames in one day!

I returned home, imprinted Minerva, hatched the owl eggs and put owls into Chocolate's baskets. Podded a few dinos I don't use (including Thea the maewing, since I'm only using Chocolate for raising), as well as the wyverns, gigas, and yuty.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

I saw a video about a water cave on Crystal Isles that looks like it has a bunch of loot crates and decided to try it out. I moved some mats from my main base on the Island over and started expanding my stone hut. Various machines and benches were made along with a generator, and when I was ready to head out to sea, I crafted up a scuba set with three extra tanks. (Note: I use the Awesome Teleporters mod and have had it for a couple of years now at least, and I finally realized you can use it like an obelisk to upload and download stuff. Buh!)

I decided to tame a Meg first, so it can deal with the rays around any Basilos I find going forward. I swam around and finally came across a level 88 and started plunking it with my crossbow. It went out after nibbling on me a few times, and eventually Nena joined the tribe. I spent the rest of the time leveling her. Still haven't come across a good Basilo yet, but I have her podded, and we'll try again next time. 

(Official, Valguero) Just logged on for a bit, imprinted Minerva, saw that Hothead was 99.9% grown, so grabbed a saddle and stood near him until he turned adult. After that saddled him up, went outside and killed some stuff, then returned and harvested every rock on my base and got, like, 5 stacks of metal. Just from rocks. With a level 45 at hatch magma.

So, yeah. Podded my ankylos after that. I only do metal runs to pass time anyway, and magma is more fun for that. Restacked meat in the maewing, named newest owls and exported their stats, and that's all for now.

Still (Official, Valguero): Moved the now-adult owls to the others. Refilled Chocolate's inventory with meat. Unpodded for raising usual dinos +3 velonas (2 clean females, one mutated that I was raising a long time ago, but had to switch to another, freshly hatched, one out of fear of being unable to imprint her because that was when Extra Life's crazy rates happened, and then just sorta forgot about her.).

Since it turns out that the amount of sulfur I have lasts basically forever, podded the sulfur gacha and replaced him with my usual, obsidian, one.

Bred gigas, yuties, spinos, and owls.

Unpodded extra gachas to see if maybe breeding them will result in something good this time.

Out of the eggs kept both yuties (clean females) and the spino one (mutation, wanted to see what it'll look like).

Hatched the sino egg I had in the incubator, the mutation was on health. Stam would have been better, but kept anyway. Will raise later.

Went on a metal run with Hothead - he's good, too good, had to throw some of the metal out just to be able to ride back home.

When the night came I wanted to go hunt with Big Rat, but RC arrived from the best corner of the map - close and mostly safe. Had to go present-hunting instead. Got three, best loot a 73 armor journeyman thyla BP (will be useful if I decide to do anything about my thylas after all) and a 298% crossbow BP (yes, I have two BPs with that damage already. But this one has 700 durability - the other two are around 400). Not the worst gift run.

The eggs hatched, yuties, naturally, were kept. Spino looked boring, so killed.

Gachas, as always, were not dust ones, so killed.

Podded wyverns, yuty and gigas, gave Chocolate even more meat, and that's all for today. Yes, the velonas are staying out.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Facepalm 1

Instead of transferring my current SP character to the Lost Island, I decided to level up a new one. I spawned in near the middle of the northern coast by an inlet and wasn't eaten by raptors in the first minute, so things were going better than my usual start. I made a base, tamed some dodos for eggs, tamed a parasaur for berry gathering, and a low level moschops for the heck of it. Then . . . I ran into my first sino. 

Of course, I had no clue how to tame it, so I paused to do some research. The next problem was finding chitin, but I eventually crossed paths with a trilobite who contributed some for the cause. The sino was pretty low level, so he tamed after two feedings, and then it was time to learn how to fly/glide with him. Mickey's stamina is low, so I'm putting all levels into that for now. If you ask Mickey, though, he doesn't have low stamina; I'm just too fat. Anyway, sinos are cool in my book. The only wonky thing for me is that when I try to switch from flying to glide mode, I sometimes plummet face first toward the ground. Mayday! Mayday! Still trying to figure that part out.

Unfortunately, flying all over the place with Mickey really burns through his food supply, so I scoured the beach in each direction, looking for more trilobites. I managed to find a half dozen or so, which will last him for a bit, but what should I do for the long run? He's already saved my life a couple of times, flying me out of the reach of hungry raptors. And then it dawned on me, I should head to the desert. 

I saw the canoe engram and decided to build one for the first time, and Mickey and I set out on our adventure. When I learned that Leeds don't attack canoes, I named it Leed Proof! I also learned during the maiden voyage of Leed Proof that sarcos will attack a canoe. I had to emergency beach it and fly off with Mickey's help before we got eaten. Once it was on land, and slower, I was able to take it out with my crossbow. And after some anxious canoe repairs, because a Rex was nearby, we resumed our journey.

The rest of the trip was uneventful and full of sightseeing opportunities. Upon arrival, we paralleled the beach looking for a place to land for a bit (so many terror birds) and finally ended up near the western border. I built a small platform on pillars in the ocean near the beach, placed a bed and storage cabinet on it, and then went ashore for more materials. Dodging terror birds, I harvested and expanded the platform throughout the day. One enterprising terror bird swam after me and ate my storage cabinet before I could kill it, though. Argh! When night fell, I only had a couple of walls up, so I built a campfire with the materials I had left and was prepared to wait out the night. Then it got cold . . . really cold.

I'm freezing to death while I'm by the fire, and I don't have enough materials to make another. So with no other choice, I head toward the darkened beach. Mickey slows our descent, and I start harvesting as soon as my feet hit the sand. It's going pretty well when something comes roaring out of the darkness and attacks. We manage to get aloft and start heading for my platform, but my remaining HPs drain away due to the cold, and I die before I get there. This is when I learned you can respawn at a canoe. Nice! So I respawn and look for my sino, who is resting on a rock a bit farther out to sea. I leave him there for the moment and swim toward the green light marking my stuff. I'm almost dead from the cold again by the time I pull myself back up on the platform, and then I skip right past almost and go directly to dead before I can set up another campfire. Blah!

I decide to spawn back at my regular base this time and wait for morning since it's not too far off. As the sun peeks over the horizon, I fast travel to the bed on the platform and am only cold, not freezing. Whew! I grab my stuff, whistle Mickey over, and then hunt down the terror bird that ambushed us. Revenge! After harvesting its hide and meat, I get back to completing the platform base before night falls again. Something dawns on me when it's done; I wonder if this desert has heat waves like Scorched Earth does? It would be just my luck to die to one of those after dying due to hypothermia, so I add a small panic room made out of adobe in case that's a thing. I wait out the next night in base, and then Mickey and I fly deeper into the desert to restock his food supply. A bunch of scorpions later, Mickey has over a thousand chitin in his inventory, and we hop in Leed Proof for the trip back.

Night fell as the desert faded into the distance behind us, and I navigated home using the map and the lights from drops. It was quite relaxing. Anyway, I did play for a bit more, but I'll leave things here for now. Happy Arking!

(In hindsight, I just realized I could have left Mickey on the platform and fast traveled to my main base when I first started freezing. Buh!)

Edited by Chudz66

(Official, Valguero) Minerva is adult now, so are the velonas: Carrot and two unnamed ones.

Podded the unnamed velonas, crafted and dyed the saddle for Carrot. While podding the velonas podded Chocolate by accident. Unpodded, filled with meat, put gigas and the yuty near it again for some raising. Unpodded the wyverns.

Now, you might notice something's missing. We'll return to that later.

Bred gachas, gigas (no muts, male, cracted), spinos (male, bad health, but right melee AND FINALLY RIGHT COLOR!!!1). And wanted to breed magmas, too.

First I tried the wyvern method. I had Starr - the unleveled fire wyvern, who happens to have the most base stamina out of all my wyverns. I put in stam all his points, plus killed three random breedject gigas.

He ended up with nearly 4000 stam.

So I burned and burned and burned... But the best I could do was 52%.

Had no choice but to pod the magmas and go to the loot cave - perfectly safe dino-wise, and I remembered seeing people breed magmas there before, so it definitely had the right kind of lava.

So I went there, and I put Minerva into the lava...

Except I was unsure how safe it would be for me to dismount while riding a magma in lava.

So I only dipped her front half into it.

While the magmas were working at making a future new magma happen, I used my sinomacrops Wings to reach the loot crates (nothing too great in them, but at least now I know sinos are awesome for that).

So, magmas were done and I went to get the egg. I moved Minerva back onto the land, checked the spot where she sat while breeding - nothing. I had a whip, so I whipped - nothing.

So I went into the K mode to check if I could see where the egg is. And I saw it -  underground. Along with three more eggs from other people who made the same mistake.

So, yeah. My magma is on cooldown, I have no eggs, but there's 2 good things about this:

1. I now know that I should not fear the lava - an egg that ends up inaccessible is way scarier than some molten rock.

2. At least I'm not the only idiot who made this mistake!

I repodded my magmas and went home. Released them there, gave them more stone to eat.

And now we return to the missing thing from the beginning: I forgot to re-enable nursing on Chocolate. The yuty was fine, because he was in the basket, but the gigas... Yeah. Oops. What's worse - turns out that one of the giga breedjects I sacrificed to give Starr more Exp (completely uselessly as even after that he didn't have enough stam and I had to use lava anyway) was the only remaining female fail giga.

I had to unpod Elisabeth and breed her to Phobos in hopes of a female to raise, but the incubator revealed the new egg was a male - and one with a completely useless mutation on food of all things. Cracked the egg. Elisabeth will stay out, serving as a secondary breeder until I hatch a few females with the right melee to use instead of her.

Gachas, as always, were a failure.

(Official, Lost Island) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gachas, spinos, and gigas, only giga egg stays - it'll be a female, no mutations, 21 point in melee (which is the better of the two options possible for me). Took magmas to the loot cave for a second attempt on breeding.

Put Minerva fully into the lava this time.

Perfect breeding?

As if!

Too far from the shore, couldn't reach with a whip from there, and trying to reach from Minerva's back only lead to her getting whipped and moving instead.

So I put all my stuff into Hotheads inventory, threw Wings off my shoulder, placed several sleeping bags, and tried to grab the egg with my own hands.

Died, of course. Respawned, tried again - but since this time I had no armor on, I died even faster.

Respawned, took Wings' helmet (300 armor), tried again. Grabbed the egg, remounted Minerva, died due to the damage over time.

Tried to use Minerva to drag my corpse out of the lava, but I guess magmasaurs either aren't good at dragging bodies, or can't do it at all.

But there was still plenty time before the corpse decays, so I googled and I saw a solution: grapples!

I didn't have any on me, but I did have the crossbow, and the mount I arrived on was my tropeo, Stripes, so the way home was REALLY fast (the game even took pity on me and didn't lag).

So I arrived home and made some grappling hooks. And some armor (flak, mastercraft) in case the plan doesn't work and I'll have to try and grab my deathbag the risky way instead.

I returned to the cave, the body still not decayed, I took the crossbow, I fired the hook, and success! On first try!

So I got my egg, and I gave Wings his helmet back, and I podded my magmas, and went home, and put the egg in the incubator (male, mother's melee. But would have stayed in either case - it's a magma!).

Don't think I'll be breeding magmas again any time soon. Well, maybe after some SP testing for the perfect spot to place the female for the egg to be neither stuck, nor out of reach.

Then I went to gather eggs from my dodos, and remembered that a long time ago I wanted to do color breeding on them, but it was SO long ago, that I wasn't using Smart Breeder back then, and didn't care about how I do it at all.

So the few existing mutated dodos were a mess.

I killed them, leaving only four clean, female ones: Eggvelyne the Slayer, Reddo, Experiment 1 (she's named that because she was the first creature I've ever transferred, originating from some Ragnarok server back in the times when I wanted a griffin), and Watercolor (the most recent one).

And, of course, I needed a new male, so I went to get one. I wanted something high level and nicely colored, but I wasn't able to find that. All I found were a nicely colored 145 female (no choice but to tame. She was REALLY nice - green and yellow, I named her Veggie), and a very boringly colored 150 male (since that was the only high-level ma le I found, I had to tame him. I named him Plain because really He's BORING).

I brought my new dodos home and bred them all immediately. Unfortunately, I had to crack all the eggs: there were no mutations.

After the dodos I bred the owls. But there were no mutations, so I cracked those eggs, too.

And the gachas were a disappointment once again.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos. Grabbed two RC presents (a bit of dust, ghillie gloves BP, ghillie pants and boots as an item, a bit of food.), saw a blue drop and did it! On a wyvern! No Ext saddles/BPs for them again, but a new cryopod and a nice amount of polymer, so not a complete waste of time.

Wanted to check on (Official, Crystal Isles) too, but it crashed, so that's all for today.

I have mostly been grinding out mats for Rex saddles. Fourteen are done so far, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it's not an oncoming freight train. Anyway, that 755% sickle I got from, I think it was Raptor Claus, has come in really handy.

I also put my rex breeding on hold and started breeding Theris for my second try at Gamma dragon. The first try was a couple of years ago, and things didn't quite go my way.