So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Extinction) Took my rex to check if there's anything good in the wasteland... And there was! A blue drop, right outside the Sanctuary, nobody on it so ALL MINE! Defended it just fine. No saddles, but a bit over a stack and a half of poly, six cryopods, some ghillie BPs, and the best simple pistol BP I've ever seen.

Fed the dinos, uploaded three of the pods, the poly, and the pistol BP, as well as all the dust I accumulated since the last time, not that there was a lot of it.

(Official, Valguero) Podded the extra gachas, punched the one remaining female to make her realize it's just her and her mate now so she can be happy again.

Fed dinos, retrieved the dust, the poly, the pods, and the pistol BP.

Gave bees more flowers, just in case.

Gathered some flowers.

Bred gigas, put the egg into the fridge.

Ad that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Did the cave for the artifact of the Skylord . . . and managed to get Marjorie (RIP) and myself deaded. We got the first artifact, so I'm just trying to waste time while we're waiting for the next to spawn. I grapple to a wall across a gap, whiz over there, and let go to land on the ledge, and . . .

There was another gap between the ledge and the wall I grappled to. Blah! I didn't bother to look down before detaching from the grapple line, so we fell into the abyss. 

So I un-cryo'd Marjorie II, who was like "Nuh-Uh! What happened to the first otter?" when I told her we were going back. We reached an agreement, she only eats prime fish meat from here on out. So we went back, and I didn't try to waste time while waiting for the artifact to spawn, so we ended up with three before heading back to base. 

So, I'm a little bummed. Heh. . .

Edited by Chudz66

Found my first 298 hatchet bp on gen 2 today. Was super excited because I could farm more element shards on crystal with my Mantis.  Ran home and showed my tribemate.  When they threw the bp back to me, the server crashed and said bp decayed on the ground before either of us got back on.

Then I followed up with a few hours of stardew valley because that game doesn't crush my hopes and dreams.

• Sad 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed carnivores, bred gigas, took a megatherium and went to the swamp, got a lot of rare flowers and some berries (could have gotten them anywhere including within my base, but if I went to the swamp anyway...), returned home, put the flowers in the fridge, fed herbivores.

And that's all for today.

6 hours ago, sk1ff said:

I read the last few posts. It looks more like a chronicle of a flayer, rather than a game ..))

And, as a side note, it is pointless to look at the products of the gacha cubs, they change it several times before they grow up. Google to help you!

Do they? I only raised one to adulthood, and its production did not change - it has now exactly what it was born with (also, I did google now, and the first result was several players talking about how the wiki says it changes but they observed no production changes during the growth of their gachas).

As for "chronicle of a player than a game"... Well, I admit that I largely chronicle the stuff I do even if it's not much, as a way to track how long it's been since I did it at all - helps to, you know, not forget about a base for long enough that it's gone the next time I remember about it. And I may be posting too much because of that, but several "fed dinos, bred dinos" in a row is better than one "Oh no. I forgot about my base and now all is gone".

And to not create a new comment, I'll just add what I did today to this one. Here:

(Official, Crystal Isles) Decided to get artifacts and also tame a megalania. Took narcotic, darts, rifle, and of course my wyvern.

Went to the Apotheosis, lost my way a few times before finally entering the cave because I possess precisely zero ability to navigate, killed an ovis on my way there, grabbed the artifact and started to look for a megalania to tame. I wanted something good-ish but not too high level - I didn't have a lot of narcotic, just a bit over a stack.  I found a level 60 male, tranqed him, waited for him to starve a bit...

Some time later I gave him the mutton.

After more time yet I fed him most of the narcotic and some narcoberries and went out to get some prime meat.

Then finally I gave him the fresh prime and the rest of the narcotic, but...

I tend to be paranoid about dinos waking up during taming, even if I know I have enough narcotic to keep the down. So I gathered some more narcoberries form the bushes in the cave, and, I guess, stepped on a wrong stone.

Next thing I knew I was on the respawn screen.

I respawned, checked the log - feel free to congratulate me on my first anti-mesh death because that was what happened.

Minus armor, minus rifle, minus the remaining darts, and minus the awesome metal pick that I had for a long time.

Also, did I mention that after taming my current wyvern, Lilac, I never bothered to tame a second one? Well, I mention it now. And yes, I am, in fact, stupid for not taming an extra wyvern.

So I made a new pick and I harvested crystals in case I find a low-level wyvern, and I made bolas and a saddle and grabbed tranq arrows and a crossbow in case I find a ptera, and, of course, I didn't find anything. So I logged off, and instead logged to

(Official, Valguero) Where I grabbed a wyvern from the fridge and uploaded it. I also fed the whales and bred... No, not gigas. Athena's still on cooldown. Yuties. And I put their eggs and the closest to hatching giga one into the hatchery. And since I was doing things not related to my CI situation anyway, I also logged off Valg, and logged onto 

(Official, Extinction), where I fed dinos and took a quick look at the wasteland (saw a vein, but didn't feel like doing it.). And after that, finally, back to

(Official, Crystal Isles) I got to the green obelisk and retrieved the wyvern. I mounted said wyvern and got back to the cave. I grabbed the artifact again VERY CAREFULLY. I Got Lilac, and I got the megalania, and I uploaded the megalania and the artifact, and I returned home.

I no longer felt like getting the other two artifacts, that's enough excitement for today. I gave the wyverns some crystals and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) I retrieved the megalania and the artifact. Named the megalania Lanius, looked through the vault because I was adamantly sure that I had a good megalania BP, but as it turns out I don't have any megalania BP at all, so I had to learn the engram and make the saddle from that.

I rode Lanius around the base a bit, climbing is pretty cool. Tested his attack on a training dummy - well, I didn't expect much so I'm not disappointed.

After that I picked up the eggs and put them in the fridge, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Today, when I jumped from the Island server to Extinction, my wyvern in the cryopod disappeared from the inventory. She is nowhere to be found.
I don't know what to do about it. It's already scary just to leave the base, especially to take your dino with you ((

I don’t know how to play when the game issues such bugs, and no one is trying to fix it and compensate :( In server lags on December 9-10, we have already lost 4 top dinoes. This is the fifth one 😥😡

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, sk1ff said:

Today, when I jumped from the Island server to Extinction, my wyvern in the cryopod disappeared from the inventory. She is nowhere to be found.
I don't know what to do about it. It's already scary just to leave the base, especially to take your dino with you ((

I don’t know how to play when the game issues such bugs, and no one is trying to fix it and compensate :( In server lags on December 9-10, we have already lost 4 top dinoes. This is the fifth one 😥😡

Did you upload your podded dinos to the data tab?  That is the only way I will transfer them.  Then when you get to the other side and want to retrieve them, the data tab will, at first, be empty.  But as soon as you upload something else to the data tab (like a stack of berries or a hatchet... anything will do) then everything you had uploaded before will appear again.  I lost several dinos before figuring that out.

32 minutes ago, Penguin73 said:

Did you upload your podded dinos to the data tab?  That is the only way I will transfer them.  Then when you get to the other side and want to retrieve them, the data tab will, at first, be empty.  But as soon as you upload something else to the data tab (like a stack of berries or a hatchet... anything will do) then everything you had uploaded before will appear again.  I lost several dinos before figuring that out.

No no. The wyvern was in my personal inventory in the cryopod. Having arrived at Extinction, she was no longer anywhere - neither in the inventory, nor in the transmitter.
I immediately jumped back to my server (the transmitter is in my house), but there was nothing left there either.

44 minutes ago, sk1ff said:

No no. The wyvern was in my personal inventory in the cryopod. Having arrived at Extinction, she was no longer anywhere - neither in the inventory, nor in the transmitter.
I immediately jumped back to my server (the transmitter is in my house), but there was nothing left there either.

Ahh. hmmm. That stinks. I personally never jump servers with anything in my inventory though.  If that is what you are doing and you keep losing things then I would try something different.  I know that is a lame response but I don't have any other answers.  Good luck.

I transferred over to Extinction and went megatherium hunting. Highest I could find after looking for over an hour was a 110, so I tamed that one up, and then tamed a lower level female for some breeding. The high level stats, nothing to shake a stick at, came over on the first offspring. So once he was done growing, I leveled him a bit and crafted gas masks for the hard swamp cave. I pulled three artifacts out of there, thanks to Marjorie II, and it was back to Extinction. 

I was just exploring with no real goal in mind when I came across an element vein. Van, my argy, chimed in and said, "Dude! We gotta try it. We can fly away if it goes Dodos up, right?" This sounded like a fine plan to me, so we went for it. We ended up defending it, but it wasn't in the best shape at the end. Anyway, I now know what those are like and have some extra element, so that's a plus. Then we continued exploring . . . *Dramatic Music*

So yah, I have a bad habit of forgetting that flyers aren't allowed in caves. Van and I bump into an invisible wall and I plummet like Wile E. Coyote. *Poof of Dust* And then I'm eaten by like thirty different things. (RIP: Missy the Monkey shoulder pet.) I eventually got everything back, and Van wouldn't stop giving me *#@)! about it, so I headed back to the island. 

I saw a video of someone using a Yuty for the hard snow cave, so I decided to try it. Yuty Base was constructed along the northern shore of the island, and I proceed to tame a male and two females. I thought I was fast, but those things are faster. Thank goodness I had good armor. Anyone know what run speed you need to outpace them? Anyway, they were bred, and the second egg popped twins with all the good stats. I went drop hunting while they matured, but that went like usual, no Rex Saddle BP. I podded all the Yutys but one and started on leveling. 

Marjorie II said a little prayer before we left for the hard snow cave and chowed down on prime fish meat. Last meal type of thing I guess. Anyway, there were a couple of dicey parts in the beginning. I threw the cryo'd Yuty, Boss, through the crawlway, duck-walked through, hopped on, and instantly got purlovia'd. Argh! My armor held up well, and Boss was able to chew him up. The next iffy spot was my first fight where there were like four bears. Crud, they hit hard. Boss was at half health, but the levels were rolling in. Getting to the artifact took over an hour, with waiting for Boss to heal after big fights, but we ended up with three. Oh, and I got an ascendant Giga saddle BP, but still no Rex one.

Afterward, I un-cryo'd my Rex force, leveled, and healed them. I'm tired of waiting for a blueprint to drop, so I'm going to try Alpha Monkey with regular saddles. We'll see how that goes.

Edited by Chudz66

(Official, Valgeuro) Bred gigas, fed carnivores.

And my day in ARK would have ended on that, but after waiting so long for Lost Island to finish downloading I was too excited to sleep so it continued on...

(Official, Lost Island) After creating a character and choosing a spawnpoint I immediately started to harvest fiber and thatch. Intended to built a house right near where I spawned, and would have done that - even started, actually! But I noticed a stuck alpha raptor, level 15. Really stuck. So I threw spears at it, hoping to kill it. It was starting to get a bit bloody. I made a bow, arrows, and after that the raptor got unstuck.

So I spawned on a different spot. Some raptors near it, too, but no alphas. I even killed one. And after looking through the engrams I noticed that Genesis ones are available on this map, so I made a canoe and traveled on that.

Thanks to the canoe, I was able to get a nice chunk of EXP by shooting and killing a rex that was fighting some brontos on the shore with no risk to myself. Also, saw a dinopithecus in the distance, so far that's all I've seen of the new critters.

And then I finally found a decent spot to settle, beautiful, plenty rocks and trees to harvest (unpleasant amount of fake, non-harvestable rocks, though), and started building a base for real, wood this time. I even tamed a pachy!

Having a tame, even such a weak one, really made things easer. But my spot was far from water so I needed a reservoir. Which means cementing paste. So I attacked a meganeura, and soon after no longer had a pachy. I killed that meganeura, and the other two, though, so I was able to make paste and build a reservoir.

After some more building (and some running around shooting at a wild rex that was too close and had to be either killed or lured away), I found my new would-be tame - a level 25 stego. So I made tranq arrows, and I shot it a lot, and I let it attack my house because otherwise it would attack me, and eventually I downed it and tamed it.

With the stego's help I finished the house quickly and started on the fence - currently there's gateframe with gate and two rows of stone railings - should keep raptors out, maybe carnos too (yes, walls would be better. But they would look worse, so railings are what I use). Won't stop a rex, but for today that's enough.

• Like 1

Restarting my journey on the Island to beat the overseer on official. Day 1:

Found a nice quiet server and got to work immediately with a note run, ended up at the south starter beach and started massacring the local wildlife for materials to make a raft. Progressed to a bob hut with 2 furnaces and a crafting bench inside. Sailed to the footpaw and gathered as much metal as I could, crystal for a spyglass, and the explorer note while I was up there. Parachuted to the bottom and dumped it in the furnace before heading upriver with some bola to steal some paste from dams. Got all the paste but unfortunately died to a pirahna (got stuck on the dam) and lost the xp boost. An annoying setback, but I could always hit up some more notes as I travel further east along the beach.

Most of the easy starter spots had been pillared by the same 3 tribes so i continued on until I arrived at another smaller metal mountain, near another beaver spawn, and parked up to gather more resources and get a mount for easier travel. Ended up taming a lvl 40 moschops, Pigfeed, a 105 Iguanadon, Bogtrot, and a lvl 80 Pteranodon, Zipline. With resource transport and air travel covered I was free to scout the map for a location to settle, preferably near a body of water so that I could start setting up a simple farm.

Eventually I found a nice spot! Northwest, near tundra, a large flat area near the beach and completely unoccupied by any tribes. Claimed a raptor clause drop and it had a cryopod inside, so I setup a bed and some boxes to hold my things and cryo'd my Ptera, fast traveling back to my raft. The area is too dangerous for a fresh beach bob right now, so the best I can do is claim the spot and return to the starter beach to prepare structures, resources, and craft cryopods to keep tames safe until I can fence off a yard.

Although, with an alpha rex spawn so close I dont know if i'll feel entirely safe until I can make behemoths. I could always foundation the spot for now, if that even stops the alpha spawns. Ive had creatures spawn right inside my base before, worth a shot tho! Or I could save up metal and make a pen to trap them as they spawn. My next main goal is an argy, I wont move back to the base spot until im prepared to tame one for threat management and resource travel.

• Like 2

(Official, Lost Isle) More building. Enlarged the fenced off area slightly so that maneuvering he stego would be easier. Named the stego Jiggles.

Decided to get a ptera, first knocked out one, but it was 25. Then knocked out a different one - 150!

And then lost Jiggles to a level 15 rex. The rex also killed the 25 ptera (hey, good thing it wasn't the 150!)

Knocked the rex out out of spite and tamed it. Tamed the ptera, rode it to the nearest crystal spot and finally made a spyglass.

Saw a level 20 male carno, decided to get it - sure, carnos are unpleasantly loud, ugly, and this particular one is bright green, but I needed something fast, strong, with more weight than the ptera, and capable of fitting through a dino gate because like hell I'm building a behemoth. So I knocked it out, got some metal because I wasn't sure I had enough ingots for the saddle, killed an ovis, and tamed the carno. His name is Fir and he is very useful.

I just finished the house - only had to install a door, as the unpleasant news of a rollback happening in a few minutes were shared in the chat, so I have no door and, honestly, not sure how much stuff that I've built I do still have.

(Official, Lost Isle) Only logged on to see what I have now. Yep, old house, less land, and nothing but an once again unnamed stego to ride. Guess I just wasted my time building and taming.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, went to the Sunken Forest to tame gachas. No dust again.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, put eggs into the hatchery, unpodded wyverns, gave bees more flowers, went for milk, got it and fed wyverns. Enabled mating on gigas, but Raptor Claus arrived, so disabled it, grabbed my tropeo and went for the gifts. Managed to get two, nothing good in them at all. Returned home, finally bred gigas. Yuty eggs hatched, nothing good, killed. One of the giga eggs hatched too - twins, no mutations, but kept because at some point I'll have my almost-all-gray wyvern, and its better to have some baby gigas for leveling.

Picked up the rest of the eggs, podded younger wyvern, older one should be fine, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official, Lost Isle) Rebuilt the base again. Tamed a new ptera - 55 wild. Then used it to find a better ptera (140 wild) and tame that, kept the worse ptera as a spare. Tamed a new carno (50 wild). Killed two rexes using the ptera. Built a fabricator.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Valguero) The wyvern is adult now, podded. Bred gigas. Grabbed two deinon eggs (both 140). And that's all for today.

Restarting my journey on the Island to beat the overseer on official. Day 2-3:

Prepared for the loooong raft journey around the coast toward the new base. Gathered as much metal as I could stand to lug down the hill, several times, using my Iguanadon. Got my moschops to harvest some poly, and used the remaining crystal to make some cryopods at a white drop, then I was set for adventure.

Froze my Iguanadon and filled all my boxes with fiber, thatch, wood and flint. Made sure the furnaces were stocked so that id still be getting metal going, and we were off. I decided to travel toward red beacon because it was the shortest route. Unfortunately someone seemed to have blocked the waterway with some kind of bridge? So I had to go the long way around Craggs Island. It was around this time I realised that Pigfeed, my loud and obnoxious moschops, had been strangely silent.

I hadnt had many resources and was only able to make 2 cryopods, so I left Pigfeed in the cabin of the raft to chill with me when I froze Bogtrot. I guess when I tried to sail over the blockage he must have been dislodged? He was making friends with some sharks when I finally found him, I told them Pigfeed hadnt done his homework and wasnt allowed to play outside today. Once he was safely back on the boat I stuffed him in a Cryopod for bad behaviour.

Landing on the shores of the new base I gathered all my tranqs, crossbow, and some narcotics for good measure and grabbed my pteranodon from the box I left behind. Someone had kindly left an unlocked trap nearby so I used it to tame an argy, which was a tremendous help. His name is Featherhead and he has possibly the worst health I have ever seen. With this out of the way so much more was unlocked for me! I made a longneck and some ammo, then headed out and blasted 2 (low level) alpha raptors into submission. Pumped a ton of levels into weight and pushed 1k into stam.

Im going to try to trap some utility dinos next, an anky and perhaps a doed, since stone will be essential here if I dont want rexes trampling on my base like I made it out of toothpicks. I definitely need a stego as well for narcs, and maybe a saber/carno for spoiled meat? Its relatively peaceful on the opposite side of this beach! All I have to worry about are dilos and seagulls, also the occasional alpha raptor - but they are at least threats I can manage. I'll start building the beach house tomorrow.

(Official, Lost Isle) Made a cryopod for when I'll finally start doing what I'm supposed to do there - that is, taming stuff and sending it back to main base. Tamed an argent. It's not great, but makes resource runs easier.

Used the argent to kill an alpha raptor. Got two picks, 205 and 190-something damage - great!

Current goal is to craft a harpoon launcher and net ammo and get a maewing. I'm also definitely going to try for some magma eggs, but that'll wait. As for LI's unique tames - well, I hate the baboons so I'm not going to try to get any, I probably can get sinoms, but as for amarga - probably nope, even though it's really cool. I tried in singleplayer and those things are really hard to tame.

(Official, Valguero) Put eggs into the hatchery, bred gigas again. Bred gachas (just the pair, no extra females). Unpodded wyvern.

Deinon eggs hatched, both female, one brown, one event colors. Kept the event, killed the brown. Filled the maewing with meat and left the deinon with it.

Got three gifts, one hd a 124 armor stego saddle. Because of that I decided to tame a good stego. Found a 145 female, knocked her out, but also noticed a 130 pachy with awesome colors, so knocked that out too. Split the kibble between them, so had to finish the stego with mejoberries, but thanks to the current rates the effectiveness was good anyway.

Gacha baby was born, no dust, killed.

Unpodded my old stego Spike and bred him to the new female (which I named Olive), but the egg went into the fridge as I was finishing my day already. Picked up the rest of the eggs, podded the wyvern, left the deinon out because it might be fine but it doesn't really matter much if it dies, and that's all for today.

(Official, Lost Island (just noticed I was calling it the wrong name the whole time. Huh)) Finally got enough mats for a harpoon launcher and four nets. made that, took the cryopod and went to get a maewing. Took me a while to find one not too low level, not too bright, and not near carnivores because I was on ptera so fighting off most things was out of question. I settled on a nice dark gray-with-dark brown-and-orange level 100 one. Netted it on first try, tamed on mutton, podded and uploaded. 

Then I decided: hey, I did a thing and it was fine!

So I went home, put everything into the smithy, keeping only my clothes and a crossbow (engram quality) on me, and went to try and get a magma egg.

The plan was to use the crossbow to lure magmas away, but someone already cleared them out. Eggs, too.

I spent some time flying around, checking on the nests from time to time.

Then I encountered another player in the cave, we didn't talk. There was an egg. The player whistled, without clarifying whether it means "I'm here it's mine" or "here's an egg and it's yours", so I tried to ask them, but by the time I finished typing the player was gone. The egg wasn't, so I took it, it was level 45.

I uploaded the egg, and that was all on LI. I forgot to make and upload a maewing saddle, but whatever.

(Official, Valguero) Yesterday's deinon was alive, fine, and I still had a bit of time to imprint her. I named her Peach. Retrieved the maewing (named it Chocolate) and the magma egg. Put all the eggs into the hatchery. Unpodded wyvern.

Bred maewings (it's awesome that even if one is on cooldown and can't lay an egg, it can still be used as a male).

Waited for deinon, maewing and stego eggs to hatch, kept one deinon, and obviously kept the stego and maewing.

Filled Thea with meat and left the baby mae there - I had things to do.

The thing to do was golem hunting - for sulfur, much safer than hunting wyverns for that or mining it (since nodes are unpleasantly close to the wyverns anyway), I used Phobos for that, of course.

By the time I returned there only were five minutes left on the magma egg. Also, one of the giga egg hatched, twins, no mutations. I used those five minutes to feed the dinos.

The magma egg hatched into a male, with blue spikes. I kept him and left him unpodded just for long enough that he'd eat the first piece of sulfur, to see how much that refills (and make sure he even has enough food capacity to eat on his own). I named him Hothead, podded him, the mae, and the wyvern, picked up the eggs, and that's all for today.

- Alpha Monkey - 

So I gather everything and port over to the Blue obelisk. Once there, I un-pod my Yuty, Boss, and park him on the teleport. Then, I spend what seems like two hours un-podding my rexes and getting them situated on there as well. I'm wearing normal fur armor, and I have my pego, named "Son of A...", with me instead of an otter. I just don't feel like being on Marjorie the Third this soon if it all goes Dodos Up. The tribute is loaded, and I kick off the teleport before downing a Fria Curry.

*Poof!* We arrive, and I hop on the Yuty. For some reason, the everyone go there whistle isn't working. I hop off Boss, squirm my way through the rexes, and try it again. Nothing happens, so I'm like, "Hmmm...." 

*ROAR!* comes from behind me.

"What the lambchops is that!?!!?" I turn around and the Alpha is attacking my rexes. I didn't know he could wander out by the arrival point on his own.

I can't see Boss to hop on him, so I scramble like mad trying to get on a Rex, any Rex, before I get squashed. 

Finally, I climb into the saddle of one, and see my rexes are still bunched, so they're not all attacking. The Alpha's rock throw damage numbers are popping up among them like popcorn, and I start to wonder if we're going to make it. "Son of A..." is muttering a prayer on my shoulder as I try moving the rex close enough to get in on the battle. 

That's when the Raptor Claus, Christmas miracle happens. The Alpha Megapithecus knocks my rexes back and pushes forward, allowing them to encircle him, so more are attacking, and his bar is going down faster. And . . . We Win!

None of my Rexes died and my Yuty lived as well. He's like, "So, about that plan for us to do courage roars?"

I shrug my shoulders, and Son of A... thwaps me in the back of the head with his tail. That's when I realize I'm freezing and almost dead. "EEP!" I start chugging medical brews like it's Friday night and manage not to die before we're all ported out.

"Whew . . . ."

Anyway, I managed to complete one of my main goals on this playthrough, so "Huzzah!" I think I'm going to need better saddles to do Alpha Spider, though. Who knows, I may get sick of looking for a BP down the line and give it a try with primitive ones. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Chudz66
Typo

(Official, Lost Island) Got some more metal, gathered wood, put it all in the forge. Went to get more chiting/keratin with my argent, as I plan on having enough mats for the magma saddle (to send it to main base, of course) by the time my level is high enough to learn the engram. And ended up in the swamp, where sinomacrops fly. So decided to tame a pair.

I started a lot of tames. A. LOT. They always ended up flying away, I'm pretty sure some starved to death. Yes, I did have tracking enabled, but chasing on foot wasn't always an option, and chasing on argent often ended up scarng them. Plus al the predators in the swamp, attacking and resetting tame.

But I ended up taming a level 20 male, and then with his help I was able to tame a level 60 female, since a carried shoulder pet doesn't scare sinoms away and so I was able to chase her just fine.

I uploaded them, returned to the base, saw an alpha carno near it, lured it away, gathered some stone and made some cementing paste.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded babies, put eggs into the hatchery, fed dinos, and retrieved the sinoms. I named the male Brightwing and the female Scarrel. Scarrel will live in the featherlight coop at all times. Brightwing will be with me when I'm not doing anything risky, and in the coop otherwise (and also when I'm logged off). While the oldest giga egg was nearing the moment of its hatching, I used Brightwing to fly and glide all over the base - it's fun! Especially the part where I get to glide and parachute without carrying the extra weight of the glider and/or spare parachutes on me.

Hothead the magmasaur is growing fine, can hold almost 400 food now.

The giga egg hatched and the baby joined the ranks of gigas-for-wyvern-leveling. Yep, no mutations again!

After that I picked up the eggs, podded the babies, put Brightwing into the coop, and that's all for today.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Grabbed a pick and went to the sulfur fields, harvested a ton of sulfur. Uploaded it all (and also some dust that I had on me).

(Official, Valguero) Put eggs back into the hatchery, unpodded babies.

Retrieved sulfur.

Put away Brightwing and went to get wyvern milk, got it just fine. Fed the wyvern.

Did a metal run, not a big one. Just a bit, to pass the time. Made a ton of polymer.

Bred ankylos, egg hatched into triplets, all female, wrong stats so killed. Giga egg hatched, and that's another fail giga for exp.

Noticed that my juvi maewing was bloody - turns out, I didn't put enough food into Chocolate's inventory, so it ate through what was there, what little was in the trough, and was now about to die. Podded it, got more meat, unpodded. It healed up and soon requested care (it wanted a tintoberry).

Soon after Hothead wanted care too - a cuddle.

Bred sinomacrops, hatched, male, father's stam unfortunately, but keeping anyway. I named him Wings and he's TINY. I mean, okay, sinoms are small in general, but that thing is seriously bacteria-sized.

Raised Hothead to juvenile, podded everything except for the wyvern (11 hours until adult, 14 hours worth of food. He'll be fine), picked up eggs, put Brightwing back into the featherlight coop and that's all for today.

I tried chasing Raptor Claus on my Argy . . . and it really wasn't working out for me. I'd get a couple of gifts, and the rest would *Poof!* So Marjorie II and I decided, we needed a faster flyer.

And so, my SP expansion to Crystal Isles began. Going by memory, I spawned in the SE corner of the map where the wyverns frequented. Only to realize, after running through a swamp type environment, that I was thinking about the SW corner. Buh!

I built a small base and started working on narcotics to tame a Ptera. Of course, I'd need a saddle, so I swam over to the desert biome, somehow managed to kill an arthopleura, breaking two pieces of my flak armor in the process, and got the needed chitin. After repairing those, I saw a carno on the beach. It took awhile, but my run away in fear and shoot it with my crossbow strategy finally paid off. . . after I trained it onto a nearby stego, of course. Trust me when I say, the stego had some grievances, so I had to put it down. Anyway, I now had some prime meat, so I bola'd a mid-level PT and tamed it. Then we were off to get a wyvern.

The flight over there was punctuated with a lot of landings to regen stamina, but we finally made it. After that, it took awhile to find a suitable candidate, but I finally found a 135. I mined some crystal and tried to jump on the back of the wyvern but couldn't quite make it. So I decided on a plan. I'd put my ptera on follow, fly him above the wyvern, and dismount to land gracefully on its back. . . . 

Yah, that only took like sixteen tries, but I finally landed on the sweet spot, moved up to the base of its neck, and started taming. Fifteen crystals later, I had a wyvern.  

I transferred it to the Island map and am getting to more Raptor Claus drops now, but I still haven't gotten anything exciting yet. Hope you're all having better luck than I am. 

Happy Arking!

Edited by Chudz66
Left out some words...

(Official, Lost Island) Built a new feeding trough - the old one was broken by a wild rex some time ago. Made more cementing paste. Wandered around the map, picking up drops (regular, no Raptor Claus), didn't find anything cool. Made four maewing saddles, but while I waited to upload them I spotted an alpha rex near my base and had to deal with it. Killing it wasn't an option, unfortunately, so I lured it into the sea, far away from the shore. After that finally uploaded the saddles.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, unpodded babies, bred wyverns (now-grown Double to Greybell), maewings, and sinomacrops. Put eggs into the hatchery.

Made a lot of polymer, grabbed one RC present, nothing good in it. Retrieved the maewing saddles, put one on Chocolate and stored the others for later.

Maewings hatched, kept both. One giga egg also hatched, and as always kept for Exp. Remaining giga eggs are all 3-4 hours away form hatching, will finish them soon. Wyvern egg hatched, wrong stats inherited, killed.

Podded Hothead and Wings, picked up the eggs. Gave Chocolate more food, including kibble, because I decided to leave the growing maewing (now named Duck) out for the night.

And that's all for today.