So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Enabled breeding on gigas, took Yeller and went to get a bit of meat.

Got the meat, got Yeller a new level (and the point went to stam. now he has 2000 of that, which means any levels after that will be put into melee), picked up the egg, disabled breeding, put the egg in the fridge.

Took Yeller again and went with him to the Beaver Lake for more meat and more Exp for him. Got him a few levels, put some of the meat into the water pen trough on my way home, put the rest into the carnivore/mixed troughs at the base.

Took Anca (therizino) and gathered berries, put them into the herbivore/mixed troughs.

Noticed my argent wasn't in any of the currently used troughs zones, moved her so she could eat. Realized I had my doed in the gacha trough zone since the last time I used gachas (and that's few days), which is no good because there's only mushrooms and meat in that trough, so moved her to the nearest trough with berries in it.

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to find myself behind the house. First time I found myself there, usually I end up on the porch. But logging on not where I logged off despite all windows and doors being closed is nothing new (on Ext. never happened on any other map) and doesn't really matter as long as I find myself alive and within the limits of my base.

So I just fed dinos, returned to the house, and logged off.

And that's all for today.

What a great idea for a thread!

After half a decade of playing Ark I have finally decided to venture into the world of Tek gear. Unfortunately I am set up almost exclusively on Valguero (PvE Offical) so I have spent all morning jumping between different maps trying to harvest element/dust/shards. Great fun but the Gen2 server I am using has been suffering major outages recently so I haven't been too keen to spend any longer than necessary over there

Edited by giventofly
  • Like 1

So my rexes and I did the Beta-Megapitchecus again to get more element, and I finally decided to bite the resource-bullet and make an S+ Tek Replicator. I laid out more foundations by our teleport pad and then asked Marjorie, my otter, to help with placement.

Speaking of Marjorie, she's evidently been fooling around with the fabricator again, because she's sporting one of those foam fingers that people wave around at sports games. Hers is hot pink and scaled down to her size, of course. She's pointing with that to help me line up the replicator. When she points to the left, the nearby rexes look in that direction, and when she points to the right they swivel their domes over to that side. If you were just watching the rexes, you'd think they were at a tennis match or something. But seeing as we've been at this for like ten minutes already, it dawns on me that my otter friend is just messing with me again. Argh!

All of a sudden, though, Marjorie shifts into spaz mode. She's flailing away with the foam finger, smashing it into the gourd, raking it from side to side. The rexes that have been following the foam finger's movements now look like they're at a heavy metal concert trying to keep track of it. Marjorie rears back a final time, lifting the foam finger high into the air, (Well, high for an otter at least) then brings it down with one final Thwaap!

Curious, I walk over to see what's up and find a smashed titanomyrma at her feet, and a disgruntled look on her face. She's glaring at the green bug guts coating her new foam finger.   

Well, time for me to find something else to do, as I've already discovered that angry otters can be a pain in the ankle.

So anyway, I did some more cave runs to stock up on monkey artifacts. I also did a dino wipe and checked carno island but no good rexes yet. Drop hunting was a also complete bust, so I decided it was time for a break.  

Edited by Chudz66

so far today it has been the relentless grind of server hopping for element, dust and shards. I am set up primarily on Valguero. After 5 years of playing the game I still think this is the best all round map in the game. However, without having the ability to take on the bosses yet, element is of a premium. Right now I am travelling daily to Extinction to harvest a few of the picnic tables around the city and then travelling on to Gen 2 in the hope I can time it to hit the correct asteroids. All shards and element I collect there are going towards my cloner on Gen 2. Any dust I get is coming back to Valguero to power my limited tek stuff. Good job I don't mind the grind until I eventually get my hands on an element gacha or 2. Those things are nearly as rare as a decent Ed Sheeran song

• Haha 1

(Official, Crystal Isles) Turns out I forgot to refresh my base there for too long. No, the base is fine.

The wyverns, however, have decayed.

Oops.

They weren't good wyverns, though, so it's not a big loss. My CI wyverns aren't for hunting, after all, they're mostly there to help me tame other, better wyverns by being conveniently tall enough to jump off tamed's back to the wild's. I'll just tame a new level 15 or 20 when I feel like it.

(Official, Extinction) Finally uploaded the dust. Fed the dinos. Heard a drop, went to take a look at it - Yellow, so no drop for me. I tried a yellow once, I wasn't able to do it.

(Official, Valguero) As I was running across my base, a wild raptor attacked me. It wasn't the best decision in its life.

Worst, in fact.

And last.

Because the moment it chose to strike was the moment I approached the large carnivore corner of the base. You know, that place where two gigas live? The gigas that are always on neutral.

Yeah. The raptor was dead in a second.

Enabled mating on Phobos, took Yeller and went to get meat, stole some deinon eggs while I was at it, returned put meat in the trough, picked the egg up.

Took Phobos, got more meat, fed the rest of the carnivores, put the eggs in the fridge.

Took Marblehoof (my main unicorn) harvested some berries, fed herbivores. Checked Granite's (the elemental) inventory, turned out it had barely any rocks left. Gave it more.

Remembered the uploaded dust, retrieved it.

As I was about to log off, remembered that I didn't disable Phobos' mating, so did that.

(Official, Valguero) Put giga eggs into the hatchery, bred gigas and put that new egg in there, too (that's 6 eggs - not bad!).

Upodded wyverns, bred gachas.

Went to hunt superturkeys, got 30 bones. Also killed every tek dino I met, so got a not-so-bad amount of dust, as well. Stole another deinon egg.

Gave gachas tons of stone, put deinon eggs into the hatchery, and then mostly was away from keyboard, reading creepypasta on my smartphone and only occasionally going back to the PC to gather crystals or check on the deinon eggs.

When the eggs were about 30 minutes away from hatching, and gachas were nearly out of stone, took the crystals to the workshop, cracked them all open and put obsidian into the vault and gear into the grinder (except for pieces that were better than what I was wearing).

Took Firefly (ember crystal wyvern, my current egg/milk run mount), went to the trench. Decided to check what's good in there egg-wise first, but forgot to do the whole "aggro some wyverns, trap them, kill them off" thing that I normally do, so after I grabbed an egg (165 so might have decent stats, but half-spoiled so definitely no event colors) I was chased by 6 or 7 angry wyverns, a mixed pack of ice and fire ones. I managed to trap three, but Firefly was almost killed by the rest. We did escape in the end, though.

Got home, put the egg into the hatchery, picked up the deinon eggs which had only three minutes left on them.

Healed Firefly up and went to get the milk. And got it without any trouble.

Fed the wyverns, put the deinon eggs back into the hatchery. One (today's one) hatched into a beautiful red female. The others were pre-event, but didn't even have good colors for non-event, so I killed them, as I want cool deinons, not necessarily good ones.

The gacha only had 13 minutes until birth, so I just waited near her. The baby turned out to not have dust in its production again, so I killed it.

Repodded the wyverns. Briefly thought about leaving giga eggs in the hatchery, but realized that I probably won't remember about them in time, so picked them up.

• Like 1

". . . Turkeys, turkeys, every where, Nor any drumstick to eat," which is when Marjorie nips me on the ankle, "Ow! What the heck was that for?"

She glares up at me from under the brim of her witch hat before sending a text to my communicator.

"Copyright infringement? C'mon, I doubt anyone will noti-"

Marjorie clears her throat loudly.

"Did you seriously just harrumph me?"

She tilts her head, beaming a smile in my direction.

"Ugh, I knew I should have gone to a different Ark and gotten a jerboa instead of an otter," I mutter under my breath before heading out.

So anyway, I popped three rexes out of cryopods, leveled them, healed them, and went on a super-turkey murder spree. Those little buggers are tough! Thank goodness they don't hit hard, though, seeing as we managed to attract three of them at once during our travels. I thought that fight was never going to end.

Afterward, I put down a new cooking pot since my S+ one wasn't showing the event stuff yet. All the wishbones went to Chibis, and I got a couple of the event ones at least. After that, I unloaded all the meat that the rexes gathered during our walkabout, and my feeding trough is bulging at the seams now. I hatched the available rex eggs next, looking for a mutation, but still no luck on that. They only have one so far in melee. 

We ended the day by eating super-turkey sandwiches on the roof of the base as the sun went down.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Decided to get a new wyvern, instead of the ones that decayed. Spotted one, got crystals, went to tame. It was a 130 female, not my usual choice for a sidebase wyvern (I prefer something that I can tame fast and wont regret losing), but it was the closest one, so...

Tamed just fine, named her Lilac, spent some time leveling her (2000 stam, weight leveled to 500 at the moment and won't stop there, not going to touch health at all, probably wont touch melee much either). After that gave her some crystals and that was all for CI today.

(Official, Valguero) Put giga eggs back into the hatchery, the wyvern egg, too. Bred gigas and put the new egg into the hatchery as well. Unpodded wyverns, fed dinos.

Hunted turkeys a bit, didn't find a lot of them. Grabbed a 145 deinon egg, put that in the hatchery, too.

Wyvern egg hatched, killed because contributes nothing color-wise, and the only stat it had better than the wyverns I'm already raising was oxygen.

Went on an egg run, didn't forget to get rid of as many wyverns as possible this time, so went fine. Got a 160 and a 95, both fresh so might be something interesting. Lured out, trapped and killed more fire wyverns, hopefully better, event-colored ones will spawn in their place. Ran out of shotgun ammo killing them.

Returned home, put the eggs into the hatchery.

Deinon egg hatched, male, stats kinda crap, but colors good, so he stays.

Picked up all the eggs, podded wyverns, and that's all for today.

I decided to branch out to Extinction for element dust and a new source of breeding dinos. (Even though I have the max setting in SP that should allow 150s on the Island, they aren't spawning. I read about putting a line in one of the configs to fix that, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.) So anyway, I popped an Argy and saddle in the beacon along with my armor and weapons. The first transfer went smoothly. I found one of the terminals fairly quickly, retrieved my equipment and the Argy, then set up a small base nearby. The area I was in had a lot of Ankys roaming around, so I transferred back to get some taming supplies.

The transfer back went fine as well. I gathered kibble, narcotics, tranqs, and my ascendant longneck rifle. I then headed back to Extinction. Everything went well until I tried to download my equipment at the terminal. The game crashed, and I found myself back at choosing a spawn point when I got back in. I spawned at my bed and headed for the terminal. Yep, no equipment showing in the Data tab. Luckily, my dino was still in there at least. So since this is SP, I cheated back in what I lost. I did end up with a better ascendant longneck rifle, though, but I'm justifying that as compensation for pain and suffering, heh. 

I tamed three high-level male Ankys and two lower level female ones. After that, it was back to the Island. The transfer went without a hitch this time, so I spent the rest of the day breeding them to get all the good stats on one. I'm still working on getting the last stat moved over today but managed to get a melee mutation along the way, so that's a plus.

(Official, Extinction) Wanted to go tame gachas, but remembered that I didn't send any cryopods form main base, so that would be a bit pointless.

Spotted a blue drop, tried to do it with a wyvern and three waves went almost fine!

But at the end of the third there were three hostiles remaining, and they had no intention of coming any closer, so I went to kill them. I guess that was too far, because the drop disappeared.

Did a dust run, uploaded the dust, fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, put the new egg and the old ones into the hatchery. That was 8 eggs. Awesome, right? Oh, and the wyvern eggs went in there too.

Unpodded wyverns.

AFKed until they hatched, 160 had higher stamina than my best so stays, 95 was no good, killed.

Went for eggs and milk, my wyvern died due to lags and wyverns outside the trench before I even stole any eggs. 

But at least I got to die MY WAY: I hid in the wyvern trap, killed all the wyverns outside it with my gun, even found a moment to grab the dermis of one of them, then made a box, put my gear (and the dermis) into it, and punched an elemental to die and respawn back at my base.

Took another wyvern, went back, got my stuff back, killed off some wyverns, checked the eggs (nothing good), got milk and another dermis.

Returned home, fed my wyverns, replaced two uglier wyvern dermises I had on display with the new ones, and...

Apparently while I was looking for some wild wyvern eggs to steal, someone else stole some of my giga ones. I'm down to five eggs. I picked up the remaining eggs and put them in the fridge.

I took a look at my hatchery, found the flaws, tried to fix, but it would have been ugly. So I took down the whole thing and built a new one, slightly smaller (and not as tall - the old one's height was to accommodate the gate because I built it back when insect eggs couldn't be picked up, but now I no longer need to get dinos into the hatchery), and without the old one's vulnerability (which basically means that unlike the old one, new one is built entirely on foundations, while the old one was a bit too big for the cliff it stood on so some of it was built on ceilings. Looking back, it's actually a wonder I never had eggs stolen form it before). I already installed cryofridges and lampposts in it, but have yet to finish lining the walls with ACs.

After that I podded the wyverns.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, the new egg and the old ones went into the hatchery. Fed dinos.

Unpodded wyverns.

Spent some time hunting turkeys, made the turkey costume and some candy (only got good colors once).

Checked how the wyverns are doing, and the newest one (the stam one. His name is Starr) only had a bit over a hundred food left, so podded him and went to get milk. This time I took a crossbow instead of a gun for disposal of unwanted wyverns, because I'm out of shotgun ammo and barely have any durability left on my sniper rifle (which is very expensive to repair) and...

I had to only kill one wild wyvern (a level 90 male that really didn't want me to tranq the female I trapped) Turns out, a good crossbow is just as good as a gun for that. So that's what I'll use from now on: much cheaper to repair or even replace than my usual guns, plus arrows are a lot faster to make.

Returned home, unpodded Starr, fed him and the rest of the wyverns.

AFKed for some time, then picked the eggs up and put them in the fridge, and repodded the wyverns.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valgeuro) Bred gigas, put the new egg and the old ones into the hatchery.

Unpodded wyverns. Took Phobos and hunted turkeys.

Spotted some vaults 2 hours away form decaying, waited by them AFKing, but other people came and I decided to not even try to get anything. Spotted a really cool bronto - and a 150 at that!

Tamed. 39 points in stam and weight post-tame, not too bad in other stats, too.

Checked if I have a BP for the saddle, but had to settle for a 27 armor one because I didn't want a platform saddle, but 27 is the only non-platform bronto BP I have. Took me four tries to get an okay bonus on that. Dyed the saddle red and black to match the bronto.

Fed dinos, using my new bronto to get the berries.

Noticed that an ankylo spawned at my base. Only level 15, but awesome colors and male, so I tamed him.

Picked up the eggs and put them in the fridge, repodded wyverns.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas put the new egg and the old ones... Well, you know how it goes by now.

Unpodded the wyverns and immediately went to get milk. At first there wasn't much success: three high-level wyverns, two of them male, I trapped one, lured away the others, the one trapped turned out to be male and I killed it. But then I saw a level 15 female, trapped her, tranqed, got milk, killed... And immediately spotted a second level 15 female! So I got milk form that one, too.

Returned home, fed the wyverns.

Checked the beehives, turned out I forgot about them for too long, they decayed when I opened them. Placed two new ones, put a stack of flowers into each.

Then waited for the three oldest giga eggs to hatch. First one hatched into triplets. Checked stats, killed. No mutations. Second one - twins, checked stats, no mutations but I kept one (a female) anyway, killed the other one. Third one - single, no mutations, male, killed.

Picked up the rest of the eggs, podded Starr (the youngest wyvern), left the other three out - the should be fine.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, bred wyverns (same pair).

Put the eggs into the hatchery.

Unpodded all of my gachas (I always have the male out, and every other gacha of mine is female) and bred them all.

Took some pellets from one of my gachas and put them into the crop plots.

Fed dinos.

Waited for wyvern eggs to hatch, unfortunately both babies were male, but one was almost right (belly color inherited, melee and weight inherited), so I kept him. I'll just breed him back to is mother once he's adult until I'll get a gray-bellied weight-melee-health female. Then I'll just have to raise that, and breed it to Black Pepper until I get all the stats and colors I want on the same wyvern.

Gachas were born, one mutation, no dust, killed.

One giga egg hatched, no mutations, killed.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Arrgh! It took so long to get that final stat, out of four, into my Anky line, but it's finally done. Bummer, though, that none of the cool colors came through in the end. I suppose I could breed for those, but that seems like a lot of work right now. 

Anyway, I hatched a bunch of Rexys and got both a melee and HP mutation from the bunch. Now to combine those . . . *Crosses fingers it doesn't take as long as the Ankys*.

I stocked up on Broodmother artifacts, well set of three each anyways. I just need to find a decent saddle BP before trying Alpha monkey and BM. Seeing as I have SP mode on this time, I imagine it will be easier, just not sure how much easier. But the caves seemed messed up with their loot crates. I've read about it, and staying in the cave does cause more than one to spawn, but it's kind of a pain. 

Other than that, I made an S+ glass building out back to hold some artifact pedestals and more Cryo-trees. Still need to decorate it more. 

Anyway, looking forward to the new map. Have fun all!

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas and wyverns eggs, old and new, went into the hatchery. Unpodded wyverns. Bred gachas.

Raided beaver dams, but only a little bit.

Wyvern egg hatched female, right stats but wrong belly color, so killed.

One giga egg hatched, female, no mutations, killed.

Gachas born, no dust, killed.

And that's all for today. Tomorrow will feed dinos on (Official, Extinction).

Marjorie sits back on her hind legs and high-fives me. Woot! We just got done with the hard sea cave, and I waited around for three artifacts. So we're set on those for a bit. Just have to get the others now for dragon, as I also really want to beat it on gamma at least. 

Did the easy sea cave and went after a bunch of drops, but no luck on a Rex saddle BP. Think I only saw two red drops out of all the time I was looking. Bad luck drop day is what it was. 

Getting the latest mutations on a male rex took less than a day, so that went well at least. 

Other than that, nothing too exciting. Happy Arking all!

PVE Official Rag

Spent most of the weekend breeding and hatching yuty eggs... taking advantage of 3x rates while I can.  Ended up with a pretty strong group of stats spread amongst 8 different dinos.  Now trying to combine / consolidate / get mutations, etc... you all know the game.

My partner and I finally had the chance to make a boss run.  However, I have misplaced some of the artifacts and we were only able to do gamma.  Took a team of 11 rexes, 8 therizinos, and 1 yuty.  Crushed it.  After the dragon landed the first time it never got airborne again.  The manticore was almost as quick.  I think the entire fight was done in less than 5 minutes. lol.  We are planning to do Beta / Alpha next weekend.

PVE Official Crystal Isles

After about 30 minutes of looking for my lost artifacts... and not finding them, I jumped over to crystal isles and collected a bunch.  Raised a couple of baby wyverns up to juvenile status while I replanted the garden that had died since I last logged in there.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas put all the eggs into the hatchery, unpodded wyverns, bred gachas, went for the milk for wyverns.

Got the milk with no trouble at all - and got a nice dermis for my taxidermy collection as a bonus, ice, white with red back.

Fed the wyverns.

Fed dinos, noticed that gacha trough has barely any mushrooms left in it. Leveled Greybell in weight (I have her base stats saved anyway, so I don't need to keep her unleveled for comparisons), podded Anca (therizino), and went to the swamp. Got a ton of mushrooms, put them into the gacha trough. Gacha babies were born, no dust, killed.

The mushrooms reminded me of the flowers, s checked the hives - and good thing I did that! Only 8 flowers were left in each. Put a stack of flowers into each hive, also don't have a lot left in the fridge, will have to go get some soon.

ne of the giga eggs hatched, twins, no mutations, killed.

Picked up the remaining eggs, podded wyverns, and that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos