So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

When I played last sunday, it wasn’t very active. Meshed through a rock when exploring on my newly bred Basilo twice. Loaded an older save the first time it happened. I ended up in an even worse situation as I couldn’t retrieve the items I gathered that second time. 

Today I reloaded the first save where I meshed. Retrieved my items, and teleported to base. Went on to relocate some more materials and animals from my old base to my “Autumn Base”, as I haved dubbed it. Tamed 4 Argies. Got a few better stats than I currently have. Mainly in stamina and health. I will get to breeding then eventually, if I don’t forget. So much to do, so little time… Anyway grabbed a few drops. Got another Pteranodon saddle bp. It is actually better than the ones I’ve got. Although I don’t really use them much. Maybe after breeding some with notable stats they can be useful for egg runs. Which is something I also did today. Managed to snatch a 340, 200, 190 and 95 Fire one. This trench on Fjordur only houses fire ones. Great for focussing on just the one type. The 340 is currently in the hatchery, By the time I had done all this. My female megatherium grew up. Killed the three others and bred her with my wild tamed male. 

unfortunately, no real keepers. Got a female with a mutation. Podded her. All the others were male and didn’t get all the stats. I will breed then again tomorrow, and hopefully I can get a pair of them to continue this line. In between I may visit Jotunheim to see if the Ice wyverns over there have laid eggs and I want a female Fenrir. At the same time I also want to go back to the Island to continue my official journey, but I want my Megatherium, Frog and Therizino line to be done first. Which, with the rate I’m playing will probably take another year 😅

Planned to just enjoy some modded SP, but saw it's finally a breeding event, so

(Official, Valguero) instead. Harvested a lot of meat, unpodded tropeo and giga, and all my fire wyverns too.

Bred ravagers and tropeos.

Put all the old eggs into the hatchery.

Missed all the old eggs, fresh tropeo one, too. At least the ravager baby survived, and was good enough to keep, too.

Decided to try and do Beta difficulty bosses, so I unpodded my rexes for healing.

Went to the obelisk to see what I'll need.

But...

In my excitement I accidentally moved my mouse without noticing, so I ended up writing down, acquiring, and bringing the tributes for Alpha instead.

Oops!

Podded the army and went back home.

At least I won't have to heal them up next time, plus Artifact of the Crag looks really nice on my roof, so there's that.

The main downside (other than feeling stupid) is that I made a new shotgun for the manticore, so now I'm all out of polymer. And then it turned out that the old shotgun was in one of the boxes, so if I just spent two minutes looking, I wouldn't have wasted the mats.

Went to the trench for milk, got it, fed wyverns. Podded everything, logged off. That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Lately it has been a lot of one step forward and several steps back with Ark. Got on and bred my Megatheriums, babies weren’t any good. After waiting around in between timers, I eventually went out and did a dino scan to see what was out there. 300 R-Giga, yes please! Got her tamed up and podded her. 280 X-Dunkleo and he had almost beached himself. Easy tame, next to him a 280 Angler and Xiphactinus. Got them both. Teleported back to base and threw all three creatures in my pen. Then teleported to Jotunheim. 

Arrived and got the message your, all water creatures, were killed. Lost everything. Closed Ark and loaded an older save. Back to before I tamed everything, bred, collected and organised items and creatures. Re-tamed everything. Build a new level to my autumn base. That way I can breed my new Giga’s. As the Giga I tamed was female and I already got a male. Build an elevator to the lower level and blocked it off with Behemoth gates and pillars. My bronto resides on this level, as do my two Acro’s. Went up and visited a close by red drop. Ascendat compound bow, crossbow and a saddle (don’t remember which one). Relocated my Megatheriums to my autumn base. Much easier than teleporting back and forth. 

Still no useful babies. Wasn’t thinking and teleported to Jotunheim again. This time I was nowhere near my water creatures. Arrived, and got the same message. Lost everything, again. Quit, reloaded the old save again. It put me back about 4 hours. Actually quit again, because I was to tired to play and do everything again. If I feel like it, I may fire Ark up back later on tonight. 

(Official, Crystal Isles) Went to get the proper artifacts. Turns out Cunning is underwater. Can't get that (my CI base literally just has two wyverns and nothing else). So, didn't get the artifacts. Maybe I'll sent a bary or my weakest basilo there someday and get the thing, but that day is not today.

Gathered some crystals to try and get a male blood wyvern. There weren't any. just two females, a 20 and 150. Tried to tame the 150, but it threw me off three times, final one to my death, and then I accidentally hit it with my wyvern, so taming progress reset.

Unfortunately, I'm in no way, shape or form equipped to kill it (the wyverns I have on CI are very weak), so had to leave it as an unfinished tame.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. That's all. Didn't feel like doing anyhting.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:51 PM, Facebunz said:

Kibble tamed my first male and female Thylacoleo on official pvp, M 115 and F 145. Took me eight hours of searching redwoods and killing low level Thylas. They are the only two I've found over level 100. High level thylacoleos are rare it seems. But Thyla breeding here I come!

How's the Thylacoleos coming along?

4 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

(Official, Crystal Isles) Went to get the proper artifacts. Turns out Cunning is underwater. Can't get that (my CI base literally just has two wyverns and nothing else). So, didn't get the artifacts. Maybe I'll sent a bary or my weakest basilo there someday and get the thing, but that day is not today.

Gathered some crystals to try and get a male blood wyvern. There weren't any. just two females, a 20 and 150. Tried to tame the 150, but it threw me off three times, final one to my death, and then I accidentally hit it with my wyvern, so taming progress reset.

Unfortunately, I'm in no way, shape or form equipped to kill it (the wyverns I have on CI are very weak), so had to leave it as an unfinished tame.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. That's all. Didn't feel like doing anyhting.

Are you on PVP or PVE?

Learned today that singleplayer on Fjordur is very buggy. Which explains the problems I’ve been having. Luckily singleplayer also offers ways around these problems. 

Started of the day breeding Megatheriums, first baby killed. Letting the timer run down, I wen to get groceries. New baby just popped when I came back. Killed, again. Teleported to my autumn base to do a dino scan. 5 High level Therizino’s. 3x 300 and 2x 290. Tamed them all. Two weren’t any good. Put the other at base, close to a hatchery and let them breed. Also brought my Megatheriums over again to the autumn base. Second round there, finally gave me keepers. Male twins with 3 out of 4 stats. I only have work the stamina in there from the female. Raised both, just in case something went wrong. Popped first Therizino babies. Two got a mutation, so I podded them for later. In between timers I redid the lower level of my base. Set the R-Giga’s to breed and dino scan showed a 280 normal Giga. Tamed it. Was female, one I have is male. Bred them as well. First baby from my R-Giga’s gave me a male with all the stats! Of course I get lucky with Giga’s and not with Megatheriums whom I actually need… Third baby, female with all the stats and a mutation in health. First normal Giga baby, all the stats and a mutation in melee. Not complaining, but why not in creatures I really need 😭

Anyways, the Megatheriums are almost grown. Giga’s are Juvenile. All was well. Spawned a Fenrir, as I can’t visit Jotunheim. Tamed her and bred her to the one I had. Baby didn’t get the good stats, killed. Also tamed another Kentro, two Anky’s and a Stego. 

Playing Extinction, private two-person server:

We attempted our third purple OSD.

pOSD went quite well, getting the hang of it now. Our process is using a Tek Forcefield Generator shielding a large area over the drop, metal spike walls around the drop itself and 3 Reapers, (clones because my sons are precious!) on tek leashes to defend against any breaches of the shield. Rock drakes almost always get through the tek forcefield.

Is there any choice other than giga? Not to say I don't like it: I'm really enjoying gigas having a big role on the map. We've been breeding gigas for about 6-10 months on our Island server to ready a team for when we reached Extinction, and they're now at 30+ mutations. After searching nearly two years, we found a giga saddle blueprint at last and got our gigas armored up. Made quite a significant difference to their survivability. On our first pOSD we lost a couple and scraped through to round 7 by the skin of our teeth. We didn't have a decent saddle at that time. Now with the new set, they're monsters all the way to round 10+

We can now get to round 15 with much more ease. It feels like we could go a lot further if we wanted. First time, doing 15 rounds took nearly 4 hours, we got it down to 2 hours this time.

I'm sure next time it won't take longer than an hour. 

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Checked for drops (nnnope), finally uploaded the dung beetle and a stack of dust that I had laying around since forever.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Looked for crates, found only one and it was green. To be honest, I didn't look very thoroughly. Uploaded the little bit of dust I had.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the dust and the beetle. Gave it some poop. Refilled other three, too. Added fertilizer to the crop plots, the were getting a bit low.

Didn't really feed the dinos, as in did not hunt. Just restacked the meat left in the troughs from the last feeding.

Since one of my friends hasn't yet ascended off the Island, and we (tribe-mate and I who have) wanted to play with him, we rotated our second map to The Center to do some caving together. The objective was to pick up the Artifact of the Brute, the last artifact we need to summon the boss portal.

We got side-tracked naturally, once we made our way into the Abyssal Trench. All three of us got separated, lost in the swallowing dark. My tribemate kept her eye on the prize and continued the search for the Artifact.

I found a level 150 mosasaurus lurking in the shadows, with 28 points in melee and 27 points in stamina. That's a great find, but I didn't have any tranq arrows, or even kibble.

The third friend had tranq arrows. The artifact hunting friend had kibble. I had the tankiest Basilosaurus. Tranq arrow carrying friend managed to make his way to me but he had to dismount to shoot the Mosa and she twisted around and broke his primitive Scuba in seconds. He proceeded to drown but at least the arrows were there in his death inventory right?

I dismounted and started a mad dash for the arrows but Mosa saw through my plan and she was bigger and faster. She ate his corpse and then started to take care of me. My ascendant SCUBA got pretty battered as I scrambled for the safety of my basilosaurus.

Now there wasn't enough oxygen left in my tank and I had to abandon the hunt. I got the two basilosaurus' in cryopods (we use Death Recovery Mod) and drowned, leaving the Mosa as undisputed Queen of the Depths and returned empty handed to base.

My tribe-mate with quiet efficiency, retrieved three artifacts of the Brute, one for each of us so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Next week, we'll hunt for some tributes and thereafter tackle the dual guardians of the Center.

• Like 1

Haven't posted in several days.   I've been enjoying the genesis maps.   I have been able to take down the gamma Master Controller, but it was hardly worth the price.   I lost 4 shadowmanes, my yuty and my personal bodyguard rex.(  he was on follow and passive.   Poor guy didn't have a chance to defend himself.   My bad.)  With my newly crafted tek skiff I have been farming genesis drops like mad.  Fun vehicle for sure.  

Stepping away from genesis, I took my shadowmane army and a few rexes and completed the valguero fight on all difficulties,   then did the Center on gamma.   I only had one set of artifacts, so was not able to do the other difficulties.  That is the project for this weekend, but it's the last set of boss fights on the dlc maps I have to do so I will be taking my time with the rest.  

I'm pretty bummed that not all the missions are available in genesis 2 on the xbox sp.   I'd really like to complete ALL the boss fights, but I'll just continue to farm drops on gen 2,  at least until the next color event.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Unpodded fire wyverns and the giga for some raising.

Gave gachas a ton of stone, gathered the resulting crystals.

Repeated that several times, so now I have an okay amount of obsidian, some of which I immediately put into the fabricator with cem. paste to make some poly.

But that left me with an uncomfortably small amount of paste in the vault, so went to the lake and raided beaver dams a bit.

After all of that was done, repodded wyverns and the giga.

And that's all for today.

(Official, Extinction) Heard a drop. Looked for a drop.

Blue drop!

And nobody was there!

And I defended it just fine, and no meteorite shower started, and everything was great!

Except for the loot. Okay, pods are cool (I have tons of them, though. I mean, I have a rep on main base, I can literally afford to feed excess to gachas). And the three stacks of hard poly were pretty neat.

But otherwise it was just stone, and foundations, and gates. Not exactly what I want (ext critter saddle BPs are what I was hoping for, obviously). Oh and also jerky. I suppose that's cool.

Uploaded the poly, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, checked bees (they can wait another day or two. Still more or less good on flowers).

Took poly out of the fabricator and put it into the vault.

Retrieved the uploaded poly and put that in the vault, too.

Burned some wood, made some gunpowder.

And that's all for today.

Started of imprinting my 3 Giga’s. Did a dino scan and came up with a list of the ones I wanted. Tamed 6 Yuty’s, 3 Griffins, a snow owl 4 Carno’s, 2 Wolfs, 2 X-Allo’s, a Deinosuchus, a Quetz, another R-Giga and 4 X-Anky’s. I also started working on a new building, but got distracted and teleported to my old base to get al my Deinonychus eggs. Hatched them all. Only kept 4, this may change when they grow up. I need to pay more attention to their stats. Anyway, another imprint on my Giga’s (hour timers). Bred my now grown op Megatherium male to the female. No keepers so far. 

Did finally get a useful Theri, female with almost all the stats and a male with the other. When they grow up I’ll breed them. After taming the Griffins, I compared the stats with the ones I currently have. Killed 3 of them. With the SS Mutator I could breed them in the future, but my boss fight creatures are a priority right now. 

After being obligated to show my face at a birthday, I lasted two hours, went home and fired up Ark just to relax before heading of to bed. Thus a very short session. Started and had to wait about halve an hour to imprint one of my Giga’s again. During the update this morning I added a few mods (not sure wether I’ll keep them or not. One of them added more animals. Dino scan showed a 300 Snow Leopard. Which I tamed. It is a very pretty animal. 

After that I visited the Fire Wyvern trench. Snatched a 350 egg. Teleported back and put it in the hatchery. Imprint timer was down to 6 minutes, waited it out, and cuddled my bright blue R-Giga. The other two had a 10 minute timer. Hatched the wyvern egg. Female, in contrast to the male earlier to day. She is prettier as well. Not really colours I personally like, but they are my first two ‘large’ wyverns on Fjordur. Once they grow up I’ll breed them to combine their stats. Male has better weight. Which is about it though. Anyway, walked the two other Giga’s when they asked for it. Also unpodded the carno’s I tamed this morning. All female unfortunately. Unpodded the R-Giga. Stats aren’t any good, but he is a pretty colour. Red and white. May breed his colour into the line in the future. 

Again, didn’t do to much this morning. Started of checking on imprint timers. Went out and did a dino scan. Finally a high level Mosa popped up. Flew over there. Finding it was actually the hard part, as it had meshed itself through the rocks. Taming was very easy and safe. Podded her and went back home. My wyvern wanted to walk. Did that and hatched dimorph eggs after. Few keepers, twin males with all the stats. All Megatherium babies were killed, again. Female Theri matured, male is at 80%. Giga’s are at 75%. Deinonychus’s grew up. Put them all next to each other and compared them. Only kept a pair, others killed. Did the same to my Argies, killed 4 out of 8 and one Snow Owl. 

After a short session went to look at some modded maps. I need to start over somewhere as a noob again and grow, instead of having everything. 

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, gave bees flowers, added more fertilizer to the crop plots - the usual.

But the big thing of this day was a beaver dam raid. Sweet, sweet cementing paste - over 30 stacks of the stuff! My vault is now a bit fuller.

A raptor spawned in my base, tried to kill my lymantria. Which was parked right by the gachas, with owls and the wolf. It was also wearing an 80 armor saddle. What I'm saying is that it ended with a lymantria barely hurt at all and the raptor being very much dead.

I learned recently that there was a structure limit in a given area.   I set out to make the largest building I could, starting with a 33 x 33 foundation.   Did not get to build as high as I wanted, but ended up with a very nice sized dino storage hall.   Main and top floor are 8 walls high, with a middle floor 4 walls.   Perfect for the upcoming event.   Colors and color mutations galore.  If anyone is curious,  the structure limit is somewhere around 6800 pieces.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, did a dam run (48 stacks of paste. Nice!), installed a wind turbine and some omni lights on the walls of the water pen. Then threw 10 green and 10 cyan glowsticks into the pen, just because. Looked pretty cool, wish I grabbed more glowsticks from the vault for that, and in more colors. Well, I can always do that later!

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos