So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Extinction) Looked for drops/veins (nope. I mean, yep, but not any of the difficulty I can do), then took two hatchets and a sword, and went to the forest to try for an element gacha (starting to doubt exitance of element gachas. Well, not really, because players have them, but still). Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Podded Apocalypse (ember wyvern that I had on turret mode for extra protection) and replaced him with Ruby (blood wyvern), since she has better range, even if her melee isn't nearly as good. Plus her being out will serve as a good reminder that I should get a blood wyvern male at some point.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, gave wyverns some more crystals.

Today my friend and I spend the majority of the time gathering resources. Last week we were able to trade for a high weight Argentavis. This makes gathering resources loads easier. Combined with the x3 gathering from the Evo Event, we were able to gain quite some resources. Over 150k stone, 100k wood, 100k metal, 60k crystal and 30k obsidian.

Also spend part of the day feeding the Gacha's hoping to get some loot while listening to some podcasts. Wanted to have some decent armor to transfer to a new server. Or rather an old server; The Island server we played on over a year ago. (Having our main base on Crystal Isles now.)

PVE official

Took a second character to Crystal Isles for the first time. Built a house boat and puttered around the southwest rivers for awhile. Tamed a very pedestrian level 95 ptera for scouting... and found some artifacts that I heard were easy to find.  And I was so happy to get them because the Labyrinth on Ragnarok is kicking my butt.  🥴

Found a 135 blood wyvern egg while going after the artifact of the devious (? I think) and somehow managed to get away from three wyverns by flying through a ravine full of griffens.  Got back to the boat and started heading toward the green obelisk.  As soon as I hit the deep water I was ambushed by a leedsichthys and lost everything.  LOL, good times. 6 artifacts and my first blood wyvern egg... gone. 

I loaded up my main character on Rag and tamed a pair of 135 pteras and a 150 dire bear that were all pretty close to each other.  Maybe the ark gods were feeling bad they killed my boat.  Anyway, they tamed up real quick with the 3x rates and I slapped on some saddles and uploaded them into the red obelisk.

Went back to my survivor on C.I. and loaded myself into the redwood biome in the NW corner this time.  Decided to take a different approach to starting out and made my way to a beach in the far north and built a small house.  3x rates helped with that too. 👍 After I got myself settled I found an OSD to download the three tames.  It seems Crystal Isles is more of a flyer map than a boat map anyway.  It honestly wouldn't be bad for boats but many of the rivers are blocked by bases and navigation is much more of a challenge.

Spent a little time just scouting around and looking for a nice spot to build a slightly more permanent base.  I am really impressed with the beauty of the map.  And just as soon as I find the perfect spot.... I change my mind because I find a better one around the next corner. lol.  My tribe mate from Rag has also joined me with a new survivor on C.I. so we can start the new adventure together.  I have also sent several artifacts back to Rag now and we have what we need to fight the bosses there.  So much to do in the next couple weeks. 😃

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to find my dung beetle fighting a level 20 enforcer. Beetle won. Looked for drops, only found a red and a yellow - great, except that I can't do anything other than blue, so they were totally useless for me. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Gave gachas some stone, so now I have a few stacks of obsidian in my vault instead of sad 30 pieces that were there before.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Logged on, checked my inventory, found two pods in it. Still with some time left. Realized I haven't done anything there in a long while, so grabbed taming stuff, made some foundations, walls, and ramps, and went to the desert to get myself a ravager or two. Found a beached tuso, level 15, killed.

Trapped three ravagers, one was decent level. Started tranqing. A daeodon entered the trap. Had to knock it out, and there went my darts, had only arrows left.

And then the decent ravager ate his way out of the trap because I didn't feel like gathering stone, so built out of wood.

Tranqed the two remaining ones, a level 15 female and a level 20 male.

Tamed them (mix of prime and regular raw meat). Podded, uploaded.

Returned home, gave wyverns more crystals.

(Official, Valguero) Got the ravagers. Named them Ugly Dog and Other Ugly Dog. Yeah, I'm not very creative today. Made saddles for them. Tested them on the few dinos that spawned at my base, and they're not bad. I mean, I won't ride them outside, but they can be used to take care of weaker creatures. After some leveling maybe even raptors.

Fed dinos.

Don't feel like touching (Official, Extinction) at all today, so it'll wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

No rollbacks, not even any crashes for me today so I decided to move my Stryder from my old base to my new one. The trek between the mission terminal and the base is usually full of all manner of riffraff so I first walked over there with my giga, easy peasy. Get the Stryder, get back to the base. Walk my Stryder up my tek bridge (two wide, that was fun with lag). Went back down, deactivated the bridges and podded the giga. Aaaaaaaaaand game crash. Of course it couldn’t be before I podded the giga so at least he’d be there to watch my unconscious back. That was almost half an hour ago and still can’t get in. Server is no longer listed so that might mean a rollback. Because of course. This one feels personal lol

Before that tamed a direwolf, rex, and yuti. Didn’t set out to but they were there and either had nice colors or were high levels. And here I was glad to no longer be tempted by all the adorable maewings around, sigh. 

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Looked for drops! Found! Blue! Close! But my stupid rex decided that it's pooping time, and because of that I was late and some dude on a wyvern got it instead (or at least got to it. Pretty sure the time between arrival and drop's disappearance was too short for it to be a successful defence, even if each wave was dealt with really quickly). Looked for more drops, got nothing.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Decided to get a proper ravager, one that would have uses beyond sitting at the base and doing nothing. Built a trap, stone this time. Killed things. Lured a level 90 giga into the water so that I won't have to worry about it. Guess how many ravagers of ANY level I saw today, while fully prepared to tame them?

None.

Returned home, logged off, maybe will try again later.

Went to the desert again. No ravagers. Found a 145 direwolf female and rage-tamed her. As I was getting prime meat, I spotted them. 4 ravagers. 3 were nothing special: 20-50. But the pack leader...

140, male, with black back.

Awesome!

The wolf finished taming, I took her out of the trap and put her on a cliff for safety. Whistled my wyvern to follow and went back to the ravager pack.

Shot one of the weaker ones (bullet, not dart, obviously) to draw their attention, got two (leader included!) into the trap.

Killed ones outside, killed weaker one inside.

Tranqed the leader, took a long time and a lot of darts. Grabbed the wolf and went to the nearest beacon to upload her.

Went to get prime.

Got some prime, but then spotted an ovis, so threw all the meat out and killed the ovis instead.

Got back to the ravager, gave him the mutton, and after some time he was mine.

Uploaded him and returned home.

(Official, Valguero) Took two pods and went to retrieve my newest tames form the nearest beacon. Brought them home and unpodded, named the wolf Howly and the ravager Fang.

Took Fang and Ugly Dog on a hunt. Ugly dog died, but that was pretty expected - that's why I took him, and not Other Ugly Dog (can't sacrifice her - she's my only female ravager). Fang is pretty strong.

Fed dinos, refilled beehives (will have to get more flowers soon), logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Been awhile since I last played, but atleast I got a lot done on Fjordur today. Started of by breeding my Megatherium’s and after four babies I managed to get three keepers. A set of twins, both female and a male. Now to combine the three, in order to get the weight, melee and stamina in. Later on I found a wild male with better health. So, I’ll breed that in once I’m done. 

Also went on a taming spree. Got 5 Megalodons, kept 4. Two M and two F. Bred them and got a M with all the high stats from one pair, and a F from the other! Once they matured I bred them and got another set of twins, M and F. Not sure about the stats yet. Also tamed: Three Basilo’s. Bred them, baby isn’t anything special. Liopleurodon, a normal one and two X, both female unfortunately. Three Anglers. All low level. Two manta’s, M and F. Six Xiphactinus, three of them are abyssal. All Male. I build a pen for them in a lake, almost next to my base. Will expand it in the future and may even move my base on the water. The none aquatic creatures I tamed, where two Griffins and a Giga. Finding a high level one has been extremely rare in all my SP games. So, I couldn’t pass up the 290 roaming close to my old base.

Whilst searching for aquatic tames I came across a cave filled with Magmasaurs. Ran out before I got roasted by 8 of them 😂. Went back to base and threw some stuff out I collected from drops. Nothing noticeable unfortunately. Anyway, after my Megatheriums matured, I bred them. No keepers, killed them. I also grabbed three more Deinonychus eggs. They are in the hatchery waiting for me. 

Popped over to Ragnarok. Went hunting for Dimorphodons. Found a couple of high level ones. Shot down a 290 and it fell through the map 😔. Cheated and spawned one in to repeat the process. I’ll have to check later if they have any notable stats.   

(Modded singleplayer, Ragnarok) Yep. Decided to start one of those again. Not leaving official, just want something ARK-y to do when I don't need to do anything there and don't want to do anything unnecessary either.

First I got the mods.

Then I started playing.

Then I realized my settings aren't quite right, so adjusted them.

Then I realized that I have no furniture mod, exited again and installed that. Then forgot to avtually put it on the list, so exited, added, re-entered.

That takes a lot of time.

Then I finally started playing.

Then it turned out one of the mods conflicts with another, one somehow causes textures to barely load, looking like clay, even though it shouldn't affect them whatsoever, and yet another one adds weird hyperaggressive wyverns that are technically tameable, but crash the game if you try to tame them (at least, when using Immersive Taming).

Removed conflicting mod and one that messed up textures from the list. Looked through files of the other mods to see which one is responsible for the wyverns (because none of them had anything about that in the description), found it, uninstalled.

Added two other mods instead.

Erased save.

Started playing. FINALLY. Tamed three things: first a Scelidosaurus (Prehistoric Beasts mod), it was kinda cute. Died to the ornitocherius from the same mod, that thing is strong.

Then a star carrier turtle (RR - StarCarrierTurtle mod), though I'm nowhere near the level needed to ride that. It just was conveniently on the shore and away form any predators... Or so it seemed.

You see, one of the mods I'm using this time is Dino Immersion. It's cool! But author went a bit overboard with the "water dinos don't die instantly when beached" thing, so it went out of the "yay, my ichthy won't kill itself while I'm taming it" territory and, roof on fire and tires melting, entered full-speed the "Wanna know what being eaten by a shark on land feels like? No? Too bad!" territory. Like, they DO die, but not before chasing you for about a minute. The turtle survived, but I had to walk all the way back to it.

And, finally, I got myself a Tsintaosaurus (Prehistoric Beasts again). It's pretty nice, fast, decent stamina, good weight, and can jump. Like a smaller, yet better parasaur.

And that's all fortoday.

PVE Ragnorak

Devoted a little more time to searching the oceans and actually found my Basilo that has been lost for two weeks.  Took it back to base and a 140 dolphin followed me into the water pen.  I didn't have one of those so I grabbed a little kibble from the cabinet and tamed it quite easily.

Notice I was low on kibble so I took out all the teams for the day and collected eggs.  Kept busy by restocking the cabinets with materials, feeding hives, etc... normal boring stuff.

PVE Crystal Isles

Hooked up with tribe-mate and we flew around the map together for the first time, checking out all the different biomes and taking notes on potential base locations.  I think we have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 but it is one of those maps where you just want to build everywhere 😂... so many good spots.

Found and pocketed a 195 Ember wyvern egg.  No pursuit.  Got lucky 👍

Tamed an anky.

Spent some time gathering materials and making foundations / wall / pillars, etc. in preparation for the eventual build.

Edited by Penguin73
  • Like 1

(Modded singleplayer, Ragnarok) Lost my last tsintaosaurus to a neovenator (still Prehistoric Beasts mod).

Tried several different spawnzones before deciding that nothing's better than Viking Bay.

Tamed a trike, then a... I forgot what it is. Small non-trike from Prehistoric Beasts. It's a great gatherer. And can fire needles like a thorny drake.

Built a house.

Reached the level needed for turtle saddle, so made it and retrieved my turtle. It's an okay tame.

Tamed a siamosaurus just because it was nearby.

Went for a ptera, and got one, but...

Dino Immersion makes all creatures level 1 forever. Instead of levels, they become stronger with age. Stronger in every way, including speed.

The ptera was venerable. What does it mean? It means it's WAY. TOO. FAST.

So I had the "bright" idea to upload it, download, see what happens, maybe it'll return less fast.

It grew older. Also, stronger and faster.

I decided to see what happens next. Second upload-dowloade - faster, stronger. Third - faster, stronger yet, elder now. Fourth upload-downlo-nope! Game crashed, because elder is final age, older than that is death.

And then I realized that all I had to do was exit the game and enter it again, because that would turn dino's stats more manageable while keeping the age, as that was just what happened with my trike and the other one: they were overpowered and a tad too fast at first, after I entered the game again, they were only a bit stronger and faster than younger ones would have been.

Well, hopefully the save wasn't ruined, so I'll see how things are next time I feel like playing singleplayer. Any ARKing that'll happen in the remaining part of today will be on official servers.

(Official, Extinction) Looked for drops, found none. Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Took Mara, a mining drill (well, THE mining drill, as it's the only one I've ever had), some gasoline, and went to get rare flowers. Cleaned out several spots, ended up with about 20 stacks. Good enough.

Fed dinos.

That's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Haven't played today but yesterday:

TKI, the center, i bought a new thylacoleo from the pointshop (wanted a male to breed), got a male, breed it with one of the others, the baby turned out okay, started breeding it with my high stat female but by the time she finished gestating I had to get off, I thought my tribemate was coming on to take care of the baby, turns out he didn't. baby died, ill try again today. Farmed a bunch of resources, tamed an anky, went to "the center" (the area on the map), farmed crystals, i wanted to tame a doed but there were argies everywhere. I did tame a megalosaur though, it will be nice for aberration. Farmed more resources, then the server had to shut down so I got off and played some singleplayer ab where i went to the portal to bring my tames to my new base (paracer, trike, diplo and doed).

(Modded singleplayer, Ragnarok) Save was fine, found myself before the upload mishap, during ptera taming.

Ptera's age was reset to mature. Tamed her. Used evolver on her (another of mods I'm using: Immersive Flight). Turns out, that's largely the problem: speed got increased. But only a bit, so I thought it was a random thing and next it may stay the same or become less. De-evolved, evolved. It increased. Increased. Increased.

I ended up with a ptera with over a 1000% speed. Rode it home because there was no choice, but killed upon arriving. Decided that I don't like ending up with flyers that are too fast to use.

Exited, removed Dino Immersion (and added a player model replacer, because I love playing with it, it looks good, but it needs first spot, so does Dino Immersion, so can't have them both). Added ARK Transcedence because I like the dino moods, and nests, and all, but it wasn't playing too nicely with Dino Immersion. And added Dragons, because, well, DRAGONS!

With that, I re-entered the game, and tamed a new ptera. I didn't do a dino wipe, as having new, high-level creatures start spawning instantly would be kinda bad, as everything I have is level 1, so the ptera was, naturally, level 1 also. Immersive Flight makes it usable even with normal level 1 stats, thanks to the whole soaring thing.

After that I went to look for a new zuniceratops, because I have no idea where my first one is. Unfortunately, I didn't find any where I tamed the first. Found a rex though, so I no longer have a trike.

Went to the desert just to see what modded critters spawn there, found a massospondylus (Prehistoric Beasts mod). Since I'm just the right level for its saddle, and it's faster than a trike and tougher than a para or a tsintaosaurus, I tamed it. But I had no way to transport it, yet didn't want to leave it, so I spawned a cryopod. I try to cheat as little as I can, but come on! It's a giant long-necked featherless therizino that spits out fermented melons! I can't just leave that!

So I went home. And spotted two prionosuchus (prionosuchi? Anyway, they're also from Prehistoric Beasts mod, and they're aquatic healers). I had some raw meat baits left from ptera taming, so I tamed them both. And with that I finally returned to my base.

Unpodded the masso, threw the pod out. Made five crop plots, a big one for melons and small ones for the normal crops, because I need vegetables for better herbivore baits. Went to get some metal, threw it into the forge, and decided that that's enough for today.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, checked wyvern inventories because I was almost sure I threw their crystals out at some point to free some weight, but it turned out I didn't and everything's fine.

(Official, Extinction) Right upon logging on, heard a drop. Took my rex, went to look.

It was pretty far away, but I finally got close enough to see what color it was.

Purple.

As in "so far beyond my ability even if I sent best dinos from my main base, that even trying is not an option"

in other words, useless.

Then saw a vein. Not an easiest one, so not something I can do either.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Gathered a lot of stone and gave it to the gachas. Fed dinos. Realized that gacha's corner is really dark at night, so added a lamppost there.

Gathered crystals, grabbed drops, gathered crystals, grabbed drops, put obsidian in a vault ground up the loot, made organic poly into soap, stole two deinon eggs, a 130 and a 15, both went into fridges, though 15 into the food/ingredients one and 130 - into fert eggs/misc one.

Bees were almost out of flowers AGAIN, put 2 stacks into each hive.

Not a big day, but at least somewhat productive.