So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Did a bit of crate hunting with Mara (she's really great for it. Even better than wyverns), also got some deinon eggs, nothing good, though. Harvested some organic poly, made it into soap - better have that in my poly vault to grind up when needed, than another "post-tropeo saddle" kind of situation where I'm left with something amazing and an amazingly empty vault. Gave bees more flowers.

Spent a few days on Aberation.  I got all my megalosaurus bred up and are healing up nicely.   Few days of passive healing and they should be ready.  While waiting for them to heal up, I decided to try my luck with a reaper king.   Three versions of a trap and about five wasted queens and I finally got it to work.   Unfortunately it was a level  75 before tame, but I know the process now, and have a good trap built in a good spot.   Named the king Bubba and took him out for a short spin.   Even low level he chomps hard and the health Stat is amazing.   I will go search for a high level next.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Hunted crates with Mara, even went to the loot cave (found a decent thyla saddle BP and a pretty great hide pants BP, got scared on my way out because there was a rex stuck in the cave, which is not what you want to fly into). Raised the tropeo a bit. Saw a 130 female giga, which reminded me that my narcotics/darts vault needed to have something added to it for once since forever - I've been only taking things out of it never refilling for months. Took a theri and a gasbags and went to the swamp for narcoberries. Got a ton, made a lot of narcotic, then couple stacks of tranq darts. Made a new chainsaw and a rifle (not as good as my old one was, but still pretty good).

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to find my doed being attacked by an araneo. Killed the araneo. Fed dinos. Checked for OSDs.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

This is more a recollection of the past few days. None were really notable or anything. Started out Wednesday exploring and running into a cave. It has been a long time since I’ve been in this particular cave, and I was admiring the scenery and area I hadn’t seen before. Couple of minutes later: You were eaten by a level 370 Rock Drake. I knew they were in this cave, so I should have known better 😅. Anyway, retrieved my stuff, Erin and Otter. Hopefully this Drake will lay an egg at some point, but with my luck I’m not counting on it. 

Yesterday was a short breeding session for my Megatheriums. Nothing notable. Found a nice Acro, 280 Female, tamed her.

Today was spent exploring (again). For some reason I cannot seem to decide on an actual base location. I just keep going around making screenshots. It is really difficult finding a spot where I want to build. Maybe I need to make a checklist and use that to cross reference with different locations. (Which is actually a good idea, now I think about it.). Anyway, stole two more Deinonychus eggs, 320 & 370. They’re currently in the hatchery. Also tamed a 300 Argentavis with very high melee, but again female. Now I really need a male.

Started the day on Genesis 2. Tamed a few more Shadowmanes and a nice R-Quetzal. Uploaded all of them, including the Shadowmanes I tamed before, and the items I collected.

Went to Ragnarok and downloaded everything. Put the Shadowmanes in a row and the Quetzal on a perch. Took a look at their stats and bred a high health female to a male. Popped a male with her health on the first try! Will raise him and breed him to my high melee/stamina female and high weight female. Hopefully, I can get a baby with the colour from my high melee/stamina female. She has a light greyish colour that I want to combine with another male. He has this colour on the top of his head, which she hasn’t. Two of the tamed Shadowmanes were now ‘useless’. So, I uploaded them again.  Plan is to download them on Fjordur and use them there. 

• Like 1

Played for a bit last night as well, went flying around to scout for a base location, again. Flew over two of the islands several times. When I kept going back to a certain area with autumn coloured trees, on the largest island. Decided that this area will be my main base location, for now atleast. It is has a very nice view and a larger flat area than I thought at first. Started with the constructing of the base. Small crafting area overlooking a large portion of the map. It was meant to be my personal house. But it turned into a stable 😅. It has small sections for shoulder pets. This map contains the Abberation shoulder pets, which I would like to tame. As well as dimorphodons and otters. After constructing the rest I quickly went and retrieved the two Shadowmanes. Used them to decide on the layout of the stable. By then it was getting late, so I called it a night.

This morning I logged onto Ragnarok. Had my Shadowmane baby from yesterday out. Whilst he matured and waited on the imprint timer, I did some housework. Finished right around the time of the imprint. Again, waiting for him to mature, I ran the desert drops. Got an ascendant sniper rifle! Nothing else of worth. After that I flew through both the wyvern areas with Destro (Griffin). No eggs unfortunately, killed several low level wyverns. When I got home my baby matured. Put him in line with the other Shadowmanes and bred him to the high stamina female. They popped a female baby with a mutation. Not what I needed, but cryo'd her anyways. May find a use for her later.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Tamed 5 turtles, made them saddles (basic, don't have any carbo BPs. Just about the only basegame BP I don't have), bred them, put eggs in the fridge, podded them and uploaded them along with a whole stack of black pearls.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Retrieved the turtles and the pearls. Spent some time leveling my better wyvern so that she could carry all of that at a more or less acceptable speed. Then looked for stranded tusos. None. Okay, just close enough to the shore tusos. Level 20 alpha female. Uploaded the turtles again. Threw out the pearls because I have more than I need on Valg (and can always make more - one of my gachas produces them), and no need for them at all on CI.

(Official, Valguero) Made SCUBA tanks, three of them. Retrieved the turtles. Took a new stack of pearls form the vault. Went to look for tusos. No tusos. Killed most big things in the Abyss. No tusos. Killed most big things again. No tusos. A SCUBA and a half later gave up, threw out the pearls, and went home. At least I got some loot to break for organic poly, and a crappy giga BP to compare to my awesome one and laugh. Fed dinos, logged off.

Extinction can wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

Official PVE Ragnarok

It was a pretty good weekend. Did the Carnivorous Cavern for the first time.  Got lost several times. Got within 100 points of dying because I was lost and didn't make it out before dark... when all those walking lizard things wake up lol.  But in the end I did walk out with both artifacts.

Finally found some otters (been looking for two weeks, every day).  Tamed a M 145 and a F 20.  I think so many of the spawn points have been built upon that they are now very rare on that server.  I don't really care about the level, I just want one with me when I start doing the harder caves for the extra artifact benefit.  It doesn't hurt to have one travelling across the murder snow either.

Did some upgrades, organizing and built an incubation chamber at our Redwood base location.

Few around the murder snow zone with my new otter and found two ice wyvern eggs (two different fly-overs about 12 hours apart).  Nothing great (lvl 45 and 85 I think), but I was happy to finally find them.  

And someone on the server late last night announced they were leaving and giving away a bunch of stuff.  I took a look at what he had and walked away with a bunch of high end items and dinos... so I am happy I was on at the right time.

(Official, Extinction) Suddenly decided to get a male snow owl. While I do have one on Valg, it's a very heavily mutated one, incapable of getting more muts on its side (I got it and a very heavily mutated female a long, long time ago, for a trade, where the item traded was a tuso BP and the price was "whatever. Surprise me, I guess?" A pair of baby owls was surprising enough, and that's how I got my first Ext tames). So I decided to get a clean male.

I took a crossbow, tranq arrows, and my wyvern, Eye Pain, and to the snow biome I went.

Saw plenty of stuck manas, all bad levels, and I didn't have a saddle with me anyway, which is a must have for stuck mana taming, so I just killed them. No owls were all that great either, but I ended up finding a 75 male. After some time and anger (trapless taming off hovering wyvern's back. Not fun when the target is relatively small and moves around a lot) I managed to tranq him and he even landed in a safe place! So I got some prime meat, he lost enough hunger, and I fed him. Had to finish the tame with regular raw, but still good enough. I named him Scraawk and uploaded him.

After returning to the base I checked around for drops and found a blue! But as I was coming to it with a rex, another player already got it.

Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the owl, made him a saddle, exported him for Smart Breeding (gonna have to export my clean female too, didn't remember to do it now), and placed him with all the other owls in front of my gacha pair. Ground up some stuff, made organic poly into soap. Didn't feed the dinos, it'll wait.

(Official, Valguero) bred owls, fed dinos, put the owl egg and old argy ones into the hatchery, filled Thea with meat, enabled nursing, and unpodded the tropeo. Did a crate run with Mara, nothing good.

Gave bees more flowers, also finally made some repellant, I've been forgetting to do that since forever.

After raising the tropeo to juvenile and giving him his first imprint, re-podded him, picked eggs up, and logged off.

Will refresh CI sidebase tomorrow.

Continued working on my base on Fjordur for a bit. Finished the roof of the large building, made it flat in order to house all my flyers. Also brought my Quetz over for measurements. Added a storage building and organised it. After that I started working on my perimeter wall. My base should now be safe, as I added several plant species X to block any unwanted guest. Brought Bane (Acro) over to see if he would fit and I actually have a lot more space then I originally thought. To think of the future I build and elevator, which is connected to the plateau below. I can easily wall that one off, for more space. 

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base, gave my main wyvern some crystals because I remembered that I threw them out of her inventory for my failed tuso-taming trip and never refilled. She barely lost any food, though.

(Official, Extinction) Took Biter and wandered the wasteland (not too far form the city, though). Found no crates. Killed a lot of corrupted dinos. Then returned home, fed dinos.

Completed Beta Rockwell.   I took in 12 megalos, 2 reapers as bodyguards, my drake and a light pet.  By far the hardest boss fight I've had thus far.   Drake just about died,  light pet did die when I got knocked off my mount, and the megalos wouldn't attack when they were supposed to so I did the entire fight with my shotgun.   Finally got them to attack during the last "round" and they shredded what was left of his health.   I did beta because that gave me the last two engrams I needed.   I think I'll have to beef up the army a touch for the alpha ascension.  Was a blast though.  I was nervous going in, and rightly so by the outcome, but very glad I did it.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos (3 meat runs, one on giga, one on a wyvern, one on a MEK. That was't necessary, but I felt like adding some variety). Noticed it's X2, so decided to try for a tuso again: unpodded three turtles, leveled them in health and a bit of speed, and repodded. Repaired SCUBAS. Took pearls. Went to the Abyss. Nope. No squid. And after I killed a ton of things still no squid. At least got some BPs and some loot to break for resources, and a great tropeo saddle that'll go onto the fully imprinted tropeo once I actually bother to raise a fully imprinted tropeo.

Parked the basilo in the water pen again, brought loot to the base, ground it up (except for tropo saddle, of course), put the better of the BPs into the vault, made the organic poly into soap.

And that's all for today.

Spent more time working on my base. Added a house for myself with a nice porch. It’s got some really nice views. Beneath my house I built storage for weapons, saddles and their blueprints. Built houses around my forge, replicator and one for a grinder, fabricator and chem bench. After that I teleported back to my old base to collect all the items and resources. Went back and forth for those, as well as to bring my dino’s over. Birds are all on the roof, megatherium/Fenrir and kento in the stable. Erin is located next to my house, same goes for my doeds and ankylo’s. The latter two still need designated area’s, but I had no inspiration for new buildings. Also found a chainsaw in a drop. Killed a brachiosaurus on my way to another drop. Collected a ton of hide. This will really help fill my hide storage for saddle’s in the future. After I filled my troughs with meat, I called it a day.

(Official, Extinction) As always, I started by checking nearest wasteland for blue OSDs.

But there weren't any.

An element vein emerged right in front of me, and I decided that I may as well try that. Happened to have a hatchet on me anyway, engram quality but still, so I was even sorta-prepared for possible success.

Well, the waves were pretty big, but otherwise it was really easy: mostly dilos and pteras, that's 1-2 bites and often up to five at a time if they were close together (though would have been even better if I had a giga with me instead of a rex). Stegos, raptors, a few carnos later on. One trike and one rex (level 5. Seriously?), but those might have just happened as a random spawn rather than a part of the wave.

Honestly, nodes themselves were more of a problem, singe I often got stuck on the smaller ones. And, of course, the dreaded "1 hostile remaining" where the "1 hostile" is somewhere far away, or just plain hasn't even spawned yet.

But yeah. I did it, and I harvested it, and I got enough dust for 5 element and over 30 shards (that I uploaded), plus 300-something straight-up shards (that I left in a random terminal for someone to find, because I have no use for it on Ext, but crushing all of that into dust would take forever).

And then I fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal isles) Nothing interesting here, just refreshed the base.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Got the dust and made it into element and shards.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, defended a vein, uploaded dust.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, thought about going for a squid but realized it's 1x. Decided to prepare for when I'll have to leave my base for a while instead (it'll be 7 days instead of 10 because plans changed, but still, that's long enough!).

So I podded almost all of my dinos, leaving out only a few of them of them: 1 gasbags, 2 wyverns, 1 giga, 1 unicorn, 1 moschops, 1 tropeo, 1 argent, 1 anky, a doed, all three of yuties (to let them lay eggs right until I'll have to pod them), an oviraptor, a megatherium, a mammoth, a managarmr, a thyla, and the rock elemental (it'll stay out even after the rest re podded - sadly, it's a chalk variation).

I also picked up all the boss flags and my favorite wyvern dermis, and saved some of my dinos' important belongings in a box (Granite's saddle, breeder male tek rex's bone suit, Eggvelyne's allo brain). Picked up beehives, as well.

Put my boss army and podded babies into the fridge by the tek gen to ensure maximum survival chance (normally they all are in the fridges in the hatchery), had to install a fourth cryofridge to fit that all.

Uploaded some cryopods, one of them with a saddled ptera inside.

(Official, Extinction) Got the pods. Unpodded ptera, podded everything else. Uploaded the filled pods and used the ptera to return to my base (yeah, the ptera will have to stay out. Not much of a loss if it dies, though: I have a baby female with same stats back on Valg, and saddles are cheap to make).

(Official, Crystal Isles) Put my asc metal pick in the box. Got the pods. Podded one of the wyverns. Went to the obelisk, podded second wyvern, waited out the cooldown, uploaded, then ran to the nearest wild spino to die and respawn back at my base.

(Official, Valguero) Got the full pods and put them in the fridge. Made some metal pillars and ladders and placed them in my base (it's a "walled-off land with a few buildings type of base, not "giant enclosed box") just in case.

So, now I won't have to do anything with my sidebases other than refresh them, and when the time comes, I'll only have a few dinos to pod, but at the moment I still have enough of them out to play while I can.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

I continued my vicious cycle of overestimating the amount of meat I needed to raise babies, realizing  I had lots of leftovers after a few are done, deciding to raise some more babies that were podded/finish incubating some eggs, freaking out at my “low” meat supply and getting more, deciding to do more babies because of all the leftovers… 

My poor maewing is going to need Bag Balm soon. 

(Official, Valguero) I started today with a huuuge metal run - forge nearly full! I just stuck a stack of gasoline in there and left it on.

Then stone run, also big, made a lot of cementing paste, spent all my keratin and some chitin.

Then chitin run. Huge. Vault full, even had some extra (that went into the chem bench).

Then some crate hunting with Mara. Went fine, until I went into the loot cave and didn't dismount quite right near the red crate. Fell to my death. Unpodded a lymantria, returned to the cave, got back Mara, repodded the lymnatria. You'd think that things would be fine after that...

Nope!

Lags caused me to land into lava instead of near the blue crate. Mara nearly died.

Finished the crate run (and didn't even get anything decent), returned home, fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Realized that with just a ptera that may not even survive to my return (whether due to starvation or due to auto-decay), I'll have hard time getting my dinos back when the time comes, so got some mats and made an enforcer, which will stay unassembled stored safely in my smithy, until I'll need it. Fed the ptera.

Also, apparently corrupted raptors can pounce (they missed, fortunately, but I didn't know they were able to even try).

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Valguero) Put the metal into the vault (and I'm back to comfortable 79 stacks! Finally!). Made a lot of cementing paste. Podded the remaining dinos, put them in the fridge, put a sufficient amount of element into the generator.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the ptera.

Tomorrow I'll refresh bases (including CI) one last time, turn the generator on, and you won't hear from me for a week because I won't be doing anything in ARK due to being very far away from my computer.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos