So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Yesterday was a good day.   Went looking for event dinos and found several that were at max level.  I believe I have a thyla problem as I tame two or three every trip.   I then added on to the main base on Rag.   Added a nice breeding/hatching room with windows to give the dinos something to look at instead of face to the wall.    One final run for drops before bed and I found a red and black rex to add to my stable.   Low level but it's one more color to work with to add to the line.

Ah, I know it says what you did today, but I'm gonna tell you what me and my friend acomplished in the past week or so.

So, it all started on Crystal Isles. Nothing special. Just got us two Crystal Wyverns, me a Vulture, a Dung Beetle, two Jerboas, and a Lystro. Had a raptor, but was killed by Alpha Megalodon while crossing a river 😞

After that, went over to Ab to get stuff over there. I set up our base, tamed an awesome level raptor, 435 to be precise, and got to work. Collected all the resources I could before it was time for a Rock Drake. My friend finally arrived with an Aberrant Spino, and took the liberty to dive into that hellhole and after many failed attempts, he manages to get a good level one. While he raises it, I take the liberty to tame a 435 Karkinos. Named her Karen, for obvious reasons (because Karkinos are Karens in their own way) 😂.

So decided to take my Karkinos and look for a Reaper. Found a 435, but accidentally killed her. So, decided Karkinos is not the best option to try and get a Reaper. So, waited till my friend's Rock Drake was finished where I took her down to look for one. After many, many, many, MANY failed attempts to try and get one, one with almost getting his Rock Drake killed and accidentally falling to the Red Zone, I finally manage to get a 420 Reaper, and it was about time. We were ready to get off that Hellhole of a map. So, after raising up my little Reaper, named him Xenomorph btw, since you know, they basically based the Reapers off of them from the Aliens movies.

So, after getting him to the juvenile stage, it was time to move on to Extinction. After searching around for a while for a gosh darn drop, I transfer over to Extinction to at least get a base set up before I get off for the night. My friend heads back to Crystal to get things situated over there and also to go to Valguero to get some Deinos. I take Xenomorph to finish growing him up and Karen to help defend the base, while also help gather and carry resources.

Soon, Xenomorph finishes growing up, finally, and I take him out to level him up so he can be an unstoppable killing machine. (We're on an unofficial PvE, btw. Btw, to people who are reading this and are on Xbox, if you don't know, the Reaper Roar is by pressing RB on Xbox, which is what many people struggle with :P) Anyways, after leveling him up, it was time for me to go.

That brings us to yesterday. So, my friend got two Velo's, but they're sadly low levels. My next goal is to get two high level Velo's, male and female, to breed a Velo army. Me and my friend were also supposed to go supply drop hunting since my Reaper was finished growing up since he'll be basically the juggernaut :P 

But, it was halted by me wanting to get a Managarmr. So, after hours and hours of searching a high level one, we finally find a 450 female, which is max level on the server! 🙂

It was such a relief, because all the other ones were low levels. So, after we get the Managarmr, named her Azura btw, it was time for me to go. So, to those who read this, hope you enjoyed my story.

Next time I get back on, we're gonna kick names and take ass (LOL, it's really take names and kick ass, but ever since Mantis said it on Avengers: Infinity War, it's been stuck in my head, and it's so funny 😂 (If you've ever seen Infinity War :P )) as we're gonna take Xenomorph and do some boss battles/supply drops before we head over to Genesis Part 1 where we're gonna do some Missions and hopefully get a Ferox or two, along with some Magmasaurs and an Astrocetus. Don't know about a Bloodstalker or Megachelon, but we'll see :P

Until next time, (if there is one :P) stay tuned, have a good day, and take care! 😄

Edited by Dinofan2580

Playing on official gen 2. Yesterday i started to build my new base, on an Ocean Platform besides my old base... planned to demolish the old one... il spend hours for it and its not just a square or block... its not entirely my design i took a build from youtube but it took alot of time... and effort

Today i finished it... after i noticed i can't place a cooker "Can't place structure to high above ground." i was allready not that happy... and somehow convinced myself to deal with this... the Pipes i thought... yeah sucks but... whatever...

Between here and there i got Pregnant with a juicy 150 Reaper Baby... i still have no idea how i explain this to my Girlfriend... :D

Later... il wanted to start with the interior, so i started placing stuff... the first Tek Dedicated Storage... wasn't a problem... the second one on the other hand "Can't place structure to high above ground." this kind of broke me.. i can place the Dedi storage freehand but not snap it.. i can place each amount aslong they didnt snap... this causes something to snap inside me... it broke me... il spend hours and hours and its all wasted i can demolish this... i think im done for good now... 

And jeah i know why the Water on this Platform is to deep so i can't even build these on the Platform itself... atleast this is my theory but still this sucks... and its totaly stupid... or should i say its totaly Wildcard...

Edited by Lordpav

So after a mad taming spree on the "last" day of the event I log off to see the event extended.   I'm going to have to make a new base/holding pen for all these colorful dinos.

I decided to do one quick run of gacha breeding before logging off.   1 male and 5 females.   Babies popped and before I had them sorted the gestation timer had started again. (Boosted single player).   Kill off first round of babies and what do I find in second round?  Nor one but a mated pair of element gachas.  Podded em,  killed off the rest and went happily back to base to raise em up.

My tribe took a big step into a new adventure. We decided to merge with two solo player tribes with the idea of one day becoming the alpha (or beta) tribe on our server! It's such an exciting thing to happen as I was getting bored but my/our experience has completely changed.

We also continued our prep for a yard sale with myself mass breeding argentavis and megalania. I stayed up most of the night because those lil babies were hungry! And finally, as we spent over 1200 stacks of ingot, I decided to fill up 7 forges (thanks stryder!).

Just when you think you're finished on ARK, a new opportunity and challenge arises. So happy right now.

So the past two days was spent using the most of what I thought was the end of the event.

Gensis 2) Mainly hunted down alphas for prime meat. Breed our 2 gigas. Unfortunately all had the low level stats so will be turned into kibble. And our builder was able to talk some servermates into making us a skiff. And the tribemate of the guy gifted us a female baby shadowmane. Finally have our cloner and teleport going so cloning our female giga (so we can make more than an egg a day) and plans to clone the shadowmane so it can breed with our male.

Crystal Isles) About two weeks ago our bases got arked hard. Was a day behind refilling all of the generators. In that day every cryofridge except for 5 lost 30 days of use. So pretty much all of our breed lines gone.  We had lines of Gigas, Therizinos, Thyas, Rexes, Blood Wyvs, Lightning Wyvs, Argies, Featherlights, Yutties, Otters, Ankies, Basilosaur, and my pet project of Dire Bears all lost. Thankfully of those 5 cryofridges were my everyday use dinos, our breeders personal cryofridges, and a cryofridge of Rexes. Between eggs I had put up waiting on the event and what was left between the leftovers I have been slowly rebuilding some of what was lost.

Yutties, Rexes, Gigas, and Wyvs have had all the females of acceptable stock hatched while the males have been put up for imprints. I have 3 cryofridges full of babies that will be raised. And have to say without the filtering of the incubator and not having to babysit because of Maewings I wouldn't have even tried to recover. They are such a game changer when breeding.

That's it for this wall of text. I promise the next reports will be shorter lol.

(Official, Valguero) Filled troughs with meat and berries, did same to Thea the maewing.

Bred gachas and wyverns. Threw the egg into the hatchery.

Unpodded wyverns, thyla, and argies (they got actual names now, the females are Meela (the melee one), Star (that's the stam-mutated one) and Carrie (weight mut), and the male (realized he got no mutation, just health inherited form mother but 45 points is 45 points) is Hyacinth). Those, with the obvious exception for the wyverns, eat from the troughs.

And for Thea to feed were the nameless baby giga, an ankylo, a mammoth, and a procoptodon.

Then I just hunted, wandered around, crafted polymer (because it's always a good thing to do), or AFKed in the hatchery, waiting for the egg.

The wyvern hatched and, as always, only got gray form one of the parents (form mother, to be precise). That's unacceptable, so I killed it.

The giga wanted her first imprint, and got it (I remember her (and Phobos'. They're same) melee on hatch, so even if wasn't using Smart Breeding, it still wouldn't mess things up).

The gachas, as always, no dust and killed.

Podded a few dinos I'm not using, into the fridge they went.

Podded babes/juvies.

Logged off.

Will check on the sidebases later.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Briefly thought about going for a mantis, since rhino horns can be used for them now, but decided against it: unprepared at the moment (I plan on doing it same as back when I tamed mantises on SE, and that requires not only the food and pieces for the trap, but also a bird and at least one cryopod).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Haven't done much since the last check in. Did a few of the hunt missions on Gensis 2. Didn't really get anything good, but I did get a purple titanosaur saddle. I didn't know you could get those.

Other than that we cloned our gifted female shadowmane after having it mate. It birthed another female so we are slowly working on building an army of them. 

On 7/15/2021 at 3:12 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Briefly thought about going for a mantis, since rhino horns can be used for them now, but decided against it: unprepared at the moment (I plan on doing it same as back when I tamed mantises on SE, and that requires not only the food and pieces for the trap, but also a bird and at least one cryopod).

Definitely recommend doing it while the event is still going. I tried to prior to the event, during a 2x weekend, and even though I fed it as soon as I was prompted (and had it in a box so the crotchety butt wouldn’t go pick a fight with a vulture), the rhino horns didn’t give it enough food and progress would rapidly start dropping at the halfway mark. I was able to tame several during this event though, easy peasy. Not sure if it’s because they fixed it or because of the increased taming speed. 

(Official, Valguero) Uploaded two podded dinos: Aquamarine the ptera (she has decent (for a ptera) health and stam, and wears a 73 armor saddle) and Bloodwind the blood crystal wyvern (decent level, decent stats, but I'm not attached to him),

(Official, Crystal Isles) Retrieved Aquamarine and Bloodwind, crafted parts for the trap (later it turned out I was three walls short, but I simply gathered some wood and used wooden walls where I didn't have enough stone), killed rhinos until I had 12 horns (1 extra just in case), went to the desert... First mantis group I spotted had a 150 male in it! So, that's where I set up my trap.

Then I killed off the extras, went up onto one of those cliff-things, unpodded Aquamarine, lured the mantis into the trap, back to the cliff, repodded her, took Bloodwind, and started taming.

It was pretty uneventful, aside from a heir flying uncomfortably close at one point (uncomfortably close means "close enough for me to see it". I just don't want those things anywhere near me, even if they're not close enough to aggro).

The mantis ended up being level 223, with 27 points in health, same in stam, 35 in weight, and 36 in melee. Unfortunately, his highest stat (40 points! 40!) is oxygen, but he's still heaps better than the mantises I had before.

Podded him, uploaded him and Aquamarine. Bloodwind will stay on CI, I gave him some crystal to eat.

After I podded the mantis, I replaced one of the trap's walls with a doorframe, installed a door and unlocked it. Didn't feel like destroying the trap, so decided to at least make it usable for others until it decays.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved Aquamarine and the mantis. Aquamarine went back to the fridge. Mantis is out in the base. I named him Sharp.

Didn't feel like doing anything else. Maybe later.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

It was a busy weekend.  Went to CI and farmed up two sets of artifacts.  Took one set back to Rag and did the alpha boss fight after killing off a few spinos and titanoboas for the trophies.  Then I tore down and rebuilt my Para element farm.  Much more efficient design.   Ran a few drops on extinction and found a couple nice colored snow owls to add to the collection.  Metal runs, meat and berry runs.  Then to finish off the weekend I went to The Center and found a couple high level Rex's and a 140 tan colored giga.  Good weekend overall.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday I took my son and friend on an alpha Broodmother.

It ended up being a cluster, as the Yuti spawned in the crowd and I didn't have time to control it... and I neglected to set it on auto roar. The end result is the yuti died and the rexes took far more damage than they should have. Even so, we killed her and they got the engrams.

This was a last hoorah, as I will be dismantling the base and leaving the server, which is insanely filled with huge box tribe bases. It's ARK sprawl to the max, even though there are no more than  10 players on at a time. Shame that, as the Winterfell Keep I built was excellent and in a great spot. 

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred mantises. Unpodded Leaf (adolescent female mantis. Need to finish her now that I have a proper male to use for breeding).

While the egg was incubating, went to the swamp to get more rare mushrooms - gacha trough is nearly empty.

Got a considerable amount.

Then spent some time hunting with Sharp, leveling him up just to see how great a proper mantis can be (pretty great), then riding around on Thea.

The egg hatched into a male. Not what i need at all, especially since it also got mother's stats. Killed.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Like Allos style so I'm going to steal it.

(Official Crystal Ilses) Still breeding everything once a day to rebuild populations. Refreshed all the bases. Though I am thinking of letting one of them despawn (after clearing it out of course).

(Official Gensis 2) This one is a lot longer lol. The shadowmane army is starting to develop. Have gotten pretty lucky with mostly female birthes and a set of twins with all the best stats so I have the start of my breeding line. 

Did some event Maewing hunting because I have fallen in love with the little chimera. Got quite of few decent leveled event colors.

Me and my tribemate experienced our first Reapers. They are interesting. We each have fully raised one. I have a second one and adolescent and he is pregnant with his second.

Have been doing a lot of the Velo missions once I realized how easy alpha is. Still need to do at least the gamma missions so we can do our first ascension.

That's all for this update.

Made up a bunch of kibble,  my egg fridge was full.    Then I did the dreaded follow all whistle in the middle of my base.   After an hour or so of rearranging all my dinos I was tired of looking at the base, so went to CI and built up a base there.  Tamed up a max level spino, two rexes, a bary and a blood wyvern.   Looking for a couple more bloods to start breeding up the boss army for the crystal isles fight.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Used unicorn to harvest berries, even outside the base, because why not (if anything happens - I have 5 more +a baby in the fridge. Nothing happened, though). Podded the extra gachas and Scythe (the old mantis). By the way: apparently, if a gacha is stuck in sad mode after whatever was making it sad was removed, punching it makes it happy again.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Spotted a drop, checked, blue, grabbed rex, did the drop. My first ever not counting the failed test runs in singleplayer. Got a 50-something gasbags saddle 9item, not BP unfortunately), some dust, some polymer. Other things too, but they went into the community vault because they're not important. Dust, poly and the saddle will got to my main base on Valg once I feel like sending them there.

(Official CI) Started the transferring of items from one of the lesser used bases so I can let it despawn. Also began raising babies for boss fights. 

(Official Gensis 2) Went down into the depths to get some biotoxin. Not high enough level to use the tek bow so figured my 299 long neck and shock darts would be my best bet for the knock out missions. Wish there was more to do in the depths it's really cool looking. But like every other map water is an after thought.  Was finally able to beat the Enforcer mission (I don't want to speak to how many times I failed it). So that leaves the knock out missions and the other missions that teleport you out.

Been upgrading and adding to the CI base,  really enjoying the wood stone mix after being in my metal/tek base on rag.  Have bred up about half of the blood wyvern army for the boss fight.  Getting very eager to see them in action.    

Popped back to Rag and bred up a mantis for both CI and Extinction.  Starting to double and triple up on imprinted utility dinos to prevent having to transfer all the time.

Back to the Isles to test out new mantis.   Works great.  Made up a bunch of shotgun shells and tranq darts.  Also, I was today old when I learned that ammo fits in dedicated storage boxes.   Much easier to grab and see what is in stock.   

(Official, Extinction) Uploaded the loot from last time. Spotted a drop. Went to check. Game crashed. Died. Went to get my wyvern and inventory back. Game crashed. Died. Went to get my argent, wyvern, and inventory back. Got inventory and argent, but not wyvern because he was on neutral (I guess I whistled him to that accidentally at some point and never noticed), so in his attempts to kill a corrupted ptera that was attacking him he flew away so no idea where he is now.

Returned to the base. Didn't feed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the uploaded loot. Fed the dinos.

Nothing was done on (Official, Crystal Isles) because it's been down since forever, but I don't care enough about that sidebase to report the server being down.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos