So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, unpodded fire wyverns, and, since unicorn unpodding is finally fixed, unpodded three of my unicorns (I have 4, but the fourth is a baby, I'm not in the mood to deal with that today) as well.

Did a metal run, not big, just most of the nearest metal spot.

Painted my workshop - the entirety of it, from floor to roof. The roof pieces and gate frame are brick, walls, floor, and most of the ceiling pieces are white, stairs - black and white, pillars/double door frames that support the flat part of the roof are black, and so are the corners of the flat part of the roof, where the artifacts are. Together with brick/cyan (wooden)railings and gate it looks pretty decent. Since the whole thing is pretty tall and stands on a cliff platform, I had to add some thatch ceilings in order to paint the walls (can't be done from the inside - they're lined with vaults, boxes and craft stations almost entirely) and the upper pillars/frames. I removed the thatch afterwards, obviously.

Did a milk run, went flawlessly.

Bred ankylos and argents, ankylo egg incubated partially, argents went to the refrigerator immediately.

Imprinted one of the unicorns, podded them and the wyverns, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Spent a lot of time babysitting this weekend.  Got all the rexes and a poison wyvern to adulthood.  Therizino team is now at 50% mature. Yutys and basilo are in the 77-80% range.

Immediately bred some of the rexes together to get some different color combinations and to work in the new high water mark for stamina and melee.  started cooking the eggs but have not hatched them yet.

Made a number of metal runs in preparation for an upcoming buiding project. 

Scouted out sites for a new base and I think we found one we like in the Rag Redwoods.  I put down some pillars while we consider our options.

Flew around on new Poison Wyvern that I named Atomic Rooster.  Added about 50 levels so far and I am impressed with how hard it hits... so much better than the others.

Made a number of runs at the red loot crates in the desert and was prepared to complain today about how crappy the loot has been since they "fixed" the loot bug last week... but then last night I found an ascendant scuba tank, a nice mastercraft fur chestpiece, an ascendant YUTY saddle blueprint, and a mastercraft mosa saddle.  So I am not complaining today. 😀

• Thanks 1

(Official, Extinction) Did a dust run (14 full stacks), uploaded the dust, fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the dust, made it into element, on my way back to the base spotted an alpha rex, put element into the vault, took chibi, took Phobos, went to kill the alpha rex.

Fed dinos. Put some fresh flowers into the beehives.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Since my state is in lockdown (NSW Australia) I’ve had a lot more time to play, so I finished up enough of my Theri and Rex army to do Gamma Broodmother, smoked it :), planning to grab the last artifact needed (Pack) to do easy Ape…though I am considering going straight for Beta coz I need that Tek Generator unlocked.

Built my Tek Replicator, crafted a ton of tek foundation’s and expanded my base, coming along nicely so far.

Later today I’m going to start raising a Shadowmane army for bosses since the raise time is fairly low☺️

• Like 2

PVE Rag official

Rolled up the sleeves yesterday and did some grunt work... gathered mats and made a bunch of foundations, walls, pillars, etc for the new base build and have them in storage.  My tribe-mate will be doing the building on the new base and I am just the supplier of goods and materials.  So I have a ton of grinding ahead of me and am thankful for the 3x rates starting tomorrow with the summer bash event.

This morning I didn't have much time before work so I flew up to the Rag ice cave for the first time and cleared the big cavern of loot drops.  I am looking for a rex saddle BP since my best blueprint is a sucky 38.4.  I didn't find anything good in the cave, but I didn't go down the tunnels either and I understand the better stuff is further down.  I left the cave and flew through the redwoods to refresh the pillars I had placed, then quickly flew to the desert to check red loot crates.  Nothing noteworthy there either.  Flew home, fed the team, and logged off.

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Did a dust run (47 full stacks, plus a bit extra), uploaded the dust, fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the dust, made it into element and shards.

Fed dinos. 

Unpodded wyverns and unicorns.

Unpodded 3 female gachas, bred gachas.

Bred ankylos, unicorns, procoptos, rexes, gasbags, and argents.

Made an inflatable rex costume, painted it white, cyan and black and put it on.

Did a metal run.

Did a cement run.

Gacha babies were all bad - as expected, when out of all the possibilities only one is acceptable.

Rexes also all bad - no new mutations at all.

Allos (I had 2 eggs, decided to hatch them today) good, but it's not like they had a choice: parents have same colors, same melee, same health.

Both old and fresh ankylos good, but only kept one.

Out of argents (old and new eggs), 2 good (mutations on proper stats, stam on one, don't remember other one, but something good as well), kept.

Unicorn baby kept because, well, unicorns are always good. All that's required of them is to be a white pointy horse.

Gasbags baby good (no mutations, but dad's weight and alright combination of dad's and mom's colors), kept.

Imprinted wyverns, podded them, put more berries into the troughs for unicorns, logged off.

Pretty good day. Didn't check on Crystal Isles sidebase, but that'll wait until tomorrow.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Official, Valguero) Unicorns are grown, moved them to the stable. Unpodded wyverns and gasbags (yesterday's one, and one form some time ago). Bred gachas and procoptos.

Crafted two preserving bins, did a meatrun, cooked meat and put it in them (just checked and realized I need to put oil in there, too so will have to log back on real quick to do that).

Did a milk run, fed wyverns. Checked how long their current food will last them and how long it'll take them to grow, so did a second milk run and fed them again, and also stole a 155 Ice egg because why not.

Procopto baby inherited the right colors (though turned out I don't have a black stripe procopto, so it's black body/dark gray stripes). Still, looks pretty black and will be even better once it grows up and I breed the black belly in.

Gachas... As always. No dust, all killed.

Unpodded and killed all of the deinons that I used to keep as breeders but never done anything meaningful with - they were just occupying space in the fridge. Now my only deinon is my very first one, Nightmare Jenny.

The gasbags grew to juvenile, I put a ton of berries into the troughs and they'll be staying out. So will the wyverns - after two feedings the food they have should last them around 2 hours longer than it'll take them to finish growing.

Logged on, put oil into the preserving bins.

And that's all I did today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

i played on my boosted pve non dedicated session and built an awesome base. then i admin abused so bad that i spawned in a tamed x dragon (his names cadmus), a broodmother, summoner, r reaper queen, a breeder of all alpha dinos, and some other things then spent half an hour coloring them to my liking

(Official, Valguero) Gasbags were grown by the time I logged on, and wyverns (fortunately) 0.4% away from becoming adult. "Fortunately" because I really like it when I get to see strong tames go to 100% grown. When they're done before I'm there to witness it, it's just not the same.

Only one gacha was ready for mating, so no gacha breeding today.

Bred gasbags, put yesterday's Ice wyvern egg into hatchery, spotted and killed an alpha rex, then an alpha raptor, then alpha carno and that, finally, got my chibi to level 5.

Bred fire wyverns and put the egg into the hatchery as well.

Podded some of the dinos to declutter the base a bit: the male allo, the regular rexes, Nightshade (my old tek rex, first dino I raised with full imprint), Muffin (the high-level gasbags I was using before. I have his son now, who has his weight and oxygen AND full imprint. Muffin will be unpodded at some point, but only to breed in his health), the female thyla, the bear,  and both frogs. It's much nicer now.

Ice wyvern egg hatched into a male with boring colors and unremarkable stats, so I killed it using Habanero's (that's my highest level fire wyvern) breath to get him some more EXP.

Fire egg, unfortunately got purely Habanero's colors (I wanted his dark gray on wings+mom's dark gray on body), but it's female, and with good stat combination (mother's health, father's stamina) so it stays.

Gasbags... One was bad. Mother's stats. Didn't have a weapon on me and didn't feel like getting a wyvern, so just left it to starve. The other is great, though: father's stats and an oxygen mutation. That one stays.

ANd that's all I did in ARK today.

Worked on transferring out of gen 2 on my super boosted non dedicated session

Gathered resources for 50 cryos and crafted them

Collected loot drops on gen 2 hoping for an astrodelphis saddle (i didnt get one)

uploaded creatures, my best gear, and a few resources

made a base design for kamaka cave to see if it would be a good place to move to

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos, did a dust run (28 full stacks), uploaded dust.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, retrieved dust and made it into element, bred gachas and fire wyverns. Wasn't in the mood to raise anything today. Made some polymer.

Gachas, as always, bad. Wyvern, while sill not right color, is a male with best stats from both sides, and it's wrong in the way opposite of the first, female one (she got dad's colors, he got mom's, so just like their parent, once grown they'll be able to breed with a chance of dark gray body/dark gray wings wyvern). It stays.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

(Offical, Gen2) Keep the Gachababy from starving reffilled the throughs... Killed stuff around a high lvl Shadowmane... trapped the Shadowmane, heading back to base getting the fish... rollback...

so after the 3rd of this in a short amount of time and still have to keep the Gachababy from starving it gets a little bit annoying...

Spotted a 145 R-Reaper Queen on the map so decided to gear up and go get preggers.  Got to her location, placed down my dino gates and... lost her to the map. Despawned under my dino gate trap!!

Decided the game cheated me so it warranted me cheating it, used admin commands to spawn in a new queen with same level.  Got preggers, killed some alpha raptors for XP, gave birth... IDIOT!! Spawned in the WRONG variant, standard Reaper King born.  Destroyed the wrong baby, returned to Rockwells hell hole and re-spawned in the correct R-variant queen.  Kited her to same place, used same trap, preggers again!!

Was a real fight getting back out, my tek backpack/chest broke in there so there was no option of flying back out using Tek Suit until I managed to uncryo my Maewing and escape.

Gained XP, went to rest, gave birth.  Yay, correct variant.  40 minutes for care, I might as well do a race mission.  Race mission complete and still time to spare, I'll try the Beta Bulbdog hunt.. got too close, Megalosaurs broke my tek suit, grounded and with the tek bow armed only in tranq mode.. died.  Re-spawned at base to find my baby reaper starved to death.  Guess it serves me right for abusing admin but took it as a sign the timing wasn't right and gave up on Reaper for now until a good level spawns naturally again.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred fire wyverns, unpodded fire wyvern babies for some raising, bred gachas, found out that both ice wyverns I have out (Topaz Thorn and Frozen Soul) had mating enabled. And were close enough for the last few days. Had two oops-eggs as a result. Well, into the hatchery they went together with planned Fire one. Killed an alpha rex and an alpha carno. No chibi. Used wyvern (Habanero, the fire I currently use. At the moment he's best stat/looks one I have).

Learned grapple engram, spent some time swinging around the base and outside a bit, tried to kill a rex with a sword while grappled to it, went fine until it dropped and a deinon got me.

Wyverns hatched, both Ice eggs hatched into females, same colors, one 150, other 140-something. Killed the weaker one, podded 150. Fire egg hatched into a male, same as the one I already have. Killed.

Got a maewing! Like, I know I said in one of the previous posts that I tried Gen2 critters in singleplayer and wasn't impressed, but a player was giving away saddled maes, so I decided to grab one, especially since my SP test was from the perspective of my way of playing in SP: not much breeding/raising, a lot of riding/hunting. In that field maes did not impress me.

But on server I have few dinos I ride, no need to seek a replacement for them... And I also have a fridge near-full of babies that I barely ever feel like feeding.

And from the perspective of a player with lots of baby dinos and not much desire to spend hours looking after them the maewing, as it turns out, is really, really neat. I named it Thea.

And now that I have a glider-platypus-cow to look after my stupid dino children for me, I finally sorted my baby argies!

They got temporary names from A1 to A6, just to differentiate them. Then I exported them and checked stats in Smart Breeding, then I killed off two of them, one for having same mutation on same inherited stat as another one, and the other - for not being mutated at all.

That left me with A1 (weight mutation, 41 points), A3 (melee mutation, 33 point), A4 (stam mutation, 40 points) and A5 (health mutation, 45 points).

I let Thea feed them for some time while waiting for gachas to give birth. Once that happened, I checked the production on gacha babies (no dust again), killed them, podded argies and wyverns, disabled nursing on Thea, and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Refilled Thea with meat and enabled nursing, unpodded argents and thyla, bred wyverns and gachas, unpodded fire wyverns.

Put new wyvern egg into the hatchery.

Took Death of Bugs, hunted for chitin.

Made new armor, old's broken. Attached glider.

Went fo milk, only public trap was occupied, stole 175 fire egg, returned home. Put egg into the hathcery.

Went for milk, trap still occupied, grabbed an ice egg (180 I think? Don't remember. Good level), returned home.Put egg into the hatchery.

Got disconnected. Logged back on, argents and thyla juvies, moved all into trough range, refilled trough with meat.

Unpodded a baby giga just to see how Thea would do with THAT.

Went for milk. Finally got milk. Returned home. Giga alive. Fed wyverns.

Went to hatchery to just sit there wait for eggs. Server crashed. Now waiting for it to come back online - everything I have out is important (except for giga - less than 1% grown, at stat stage I can just breed a new one and not lose much).

Server came back on. Claimed and checked gacha babies (no dust, all killed), waited for wyvern eggs (fire female, no black/gray, but 39 points in health and 37 in weight - better than my others have, stays, ice female 185, stats okay (but nothing great) but ugly colors, killed).

Podded babies and juvies, fed dinos.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Figured I would start adding to this great discussion a) to start adding my post count to get into the trading forum, b) to maybe get some insight into other things I could be doing, and c) I miss writing. So the introduction. I am Bladesong88 and I play official on Xbox. I'm part of a tribe more often than not called Nomads. At our peak we had 7 active members, but for the most part there were four core members and we all had our specialities. One guy was our main breeder/trader, one was our builder, the third was our main resource gatherer, and I did the taming and cave running. Now we are down to two active members (our builder and me hence wanting access to the trade forum). Right now we are active on 1505 Crystal Isles and 1544 Gensis 2. Though we have some leftover dediboxes on 470 The Island. My favorite thing to do on Ark is cave running, taming, and some breeding. I'll actually start tomorrow with the what I did today in Ark because I'm doing this all on mobile and I feel like this is a wall of text. 

Setup a new base on Gen2!

I can't express how much fun it is to have so much element. It feels so ... decadent ... to always runthe Tek Gen at max radius. :)

I built the new base in Tek in the Rockwell side at the far end of the trench. It's my second base on this map, with the main crafting base on the Eden side.

We lost our Tek Skiff to a space crash/rollback. The bed on it showed in the respawn map, but when respawning it could not be found. So we said "them's the breaks" and made a new skiff. But, the next day, my buddy respawned and saw the skiff... and was able to recover it. So... 2 skiffs. We keep one at each base now.

I also tamed two space dolphins, which was far easier than I anticipated. However, even though I have the saddles from a drop... I am not the level needed to use the coolio jet on them... so they are just for the pretty. I'll get there.

I really need to power through some missions. 

After a very rocky start, I'm pretty satisfied with the server I chose. Yes, ARK gotta be ARK... but I can live with it.

I'll be letting my Island base go this week. And I intend on downsizing the extinction base to just the Skiff and a landing pad with a transmitter. Gen2 and Crystal are now my mains.