So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

4 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Annoyed my tribemate by refusing to spend any more hours waiting for a space to try to get on Gen 2 server with him. 

Refreshed all other maps topped up generators/troughs 

Maaaan, I am so fed up of this. I was able to get on my Gen2 server the other day and just pulled everything off it (maewings and BPs etc). I've lost so many potential playing hours over the last week by waiting to get a space.

• Sad 1

Unofficial Cluster, The Island

Work was awful today and I came home with a headache. So I kept it simple and stuck to breeding.

Finally popped a perfect male saber to go with my perfect female. I also got my first melee mutation. Nice. So this project is almost done, just need to do a little cleanup. They have all the stats they need but there's a 3 level difference between the two perfects that I need to fix. The melee mutation is also both female and lacking one stat so I need to bred her to the perfect male to hopefully get a mutated male. My base level is 258 so ideally I need a 260.

Bred the shadowmanes too, didn't get any stats or mutations but man the male I popped looks fierce, he has a great color mix from his parents. Love it.

We're also making some huge boss progress, E negotiated for temporary custody of an asc rex saddle bp so now him and M are flailing around trying to gather resources to make as many saddles as possible. They underestimated how many mats it takes lol. Since I had to do a meat run anyway I took Glitch out and collected up some hide too. I could take a bred mane but she has the highest melee of them all atm and well, she's Glitch.

Grabbed a bunch of cake slices and started crafting up some chibis too. Got a chibi featherlight, which I kept for myself. Got a chibi glowtail, which I put in M's box cause he loves them. Nothing else interesting. Really want a chibi phoenix, that would be amazing.

Mostly we're waiting on metal to make these saddles up so not much else doing. We have the bp for a few days so hopefully we can make enough.

I'm definitely going to need to make a breeding base, there just isn't enough room here. The castle's breeding area is only 11 tiles long by 6 wide. So, my original plan was to build a "Shadowmane Emporium" for the breeding and selling of 'manes on this cluster. But it seems like I'm going to have to scale up since no one else seems to have the patience to build the bloodlines. I had to walk E through his gigas last night and show him which ones to breed and he still got halfway (one lucky egg today apparently) and gave up lol. M apparently wants maewings but I've only just started that line and still on the taming stage since I've been mostly focusing on getting the sabers re-bred. Our birds are an absolute disaster right now too. Ugh. So much to do.

PVE Rag

Bred my argents again and got Male Twins with the best health, stamina, and melee.  I will keep them.

Let babies out of pods again to take advantage of rates before they disappear.  Team of rexes are all now about 75% mature and 100% imprinted.   One of my wyverns is 93% mature and the other is 75%.  And my perfect female basilo is a little over 50% done... So progress is definitely being made.   

On a meat run today I noticed yet another new player is setting up a base just outside my walls and I am starting to discuss new location options with my tribe-mate.  A move might be in our future.

Official PVE Gen2

I mated a couple of Maewings, it's crazy how quick the eggs hatch, must have been like in under half a minute. No mutations as of yet, but I already have one with 40 points in weight, so pretty happy.

I also tried doing the Gen 2 race with the enforcer, I kept getting stuck at checkpoint 20-21, maybe it's the official lag, but cannot seem to be able to make that jump into the tunnel. Also the raft race is laggy AF, still managed to do gamma, but kept getting stuck everywhere when doing beta.

I tamed a 55 space dolphin, the foods drains like crazy, have to keep it podded. It took 33 seconds for the food to go from full to empty while in non-fighter mode, hope they address this.

Next up, the plan is to try to do some more missions, so I can tame a Tek Stryder, they seem like fun.

• Like 1

Unofficial Xbox/PC cluster

Went to check loot drops of bugs were fixed, nearly puked when seen they weren’t.

Started moving into the waterfall cave on Rag and am using a Maewing to raise 6 Theri at once and a Yuty for my boss army, going well so far!

Then headed over to Gen2 and collected some loot drops while nobody else was online to pinch them😜, need a good Theri saddle BP.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Filled the waterpen trough for the basilos and the shark. Unpodded fire wyverns. Checked around for alpha dinos - nope, none nearby. Went for a beaver dam run, got plenty of cementing paste. Made some polymer. Gave gachas some stone and sand so that they'll make me some obsidian - I'm starting to run low on it. Also took the mining drill and went to to a proper obsidian run with my gasbags... Should have done a metal run instead - when it comes to obsidian, gachas are still the best for me. I mean, okay, the mining drill I have (considering that I don't have Genesis, likely the only one I'll ever have) is less that 200% damage, I shouldn't expect much form it, but still. It's barely effective when harvesting obsidian. Good for thatch, though.

So, got, like, 1 and a half stacks from the proper run, several full stacks from gachas, put that all into the obsidian vault, Did a meatrun and fed the rest of the dinos, podded the wyverns and that's all for today. Sidebases will wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

PVE Rag

Raided beaver dams and gathered obsidian.  Made poly.

Did a metal run.

Flew around for a bit to scout for a second (and more permanent) base location as we are starting to outgrow our current spot on the beach.  It was a good place to start though.

Found a lvl 150 alpha raptor and a lvl 50 alpha carno while on my scout trip and that was just enough to bump my chibi to level 3. 👍

Unofficial Cluster, The Island

Not much doing today, just breeding.

Saber line still isn't finished, couple of bad rolls. Stubborn. I'll sell off the slightly lower leveled cats, sure we're not the only ones taking on The Island.

M unfortunately crashed while transferring maps last night, he got his character sorted but discovered today he had apparently lost the spinos he'd been taking across with him. We have a couple left so I bred them and put the egg on his body, he'll find it tomorrow. Didn't want to pop it myself so he can imprint the baby.

Noticed he had tamed a unicorn, happens to be female while I have a male. Breeding them just for fun. No idea if anyone on the server will want one but I might try to sell it anyway.

He also got a male moschops so I bred our first one up to prepare for bloodstalker taming.

Bred thylas, shadowmanes and owls. Not really making progress on the first two but finally popped a decent owl to advance the line. It's not really a breeding line but there's no reason not to combine the stats if I'm already sitting here anyway. Same with thylas, but when I get mine combined I'll send one over to E, who has his own thyla line going but I noticed mine have better stats. I love thylas, I'm just not super interested in breeding them now that I have my 'manes.

The maewings are a bit of a mess right now so I think I'll have to sort them out tomorrow.

The part that sucks about being on a different continent than the rest of your tribe is that you get stuck online alone a lot of the time. No one else was really around so it was just me and the babies. Wasn't too much else to do except make some narcotics. Got everyone to juvenile and ended early for the night. 

Tried to fix my dedicated server again for a few hours. Realized it's running v329.26 that doesn't even load configs. Will have to wait for a proper release from the devs...

But my actual plan was to use my Paracer Platform with a cannon to try and tame my first Karkinos. That would have been fun!

Last 3 Karkinos managed to block the canon balls with their limbs. Hopefully next one takes it in the face :D

Edited by KelTuzack

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, replaced 4 pillars and 1 ceiling that autodecayed for some reason despite being definitely attached to the rest of my house.

(Official, Extinction) Fed carnivores, did a little dust run, went to try and get a dust gacha, tamed 7 gachas, none of them dust so all of them were told to go give a friendly hug to wild therizinos and other strong dinos that happened nearby. Returned to the base tired and angry, fed herbivores, logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos (except for whales and shark, they'll wait), retrieved the dust from yesterday's run (good thing I remembered! Sure, only 2 stacks this time, but still, would be bad to lose that), put fertilizer into crop plots, loaded dung beetles up with more feces. Also, gacha trough down to 4 stacks of mushrooms, gonna have to get more soon (pretty sure they didn't eat them that fast before).

(SP, The Island) It's been a lot of the same thing every day. Breeding and more breeding. I'm up to 9 health and 9 melee mutations on the rexes, plus I still have the theri's going too. I think they are on 9 health and 8 melee? I've been focusing more on the rexes than anything.

I've also been combining colors for the future armies on the side. I know it's stupid and pointless, but I would love to see a group of nicely colored dinos all ready for the bosses. I'm pretty sure I have the theri colors down - dark purple sides, cyan back stripe, red single back stripe, and a teal or pink belly. My husband says it looks like a paint can exploded on it but I like it!

I've been running caves while waiting for the eggs to accumulate. I want to have multiple artifacts ready to go for when the time comes. I still haven't found a good theri saddle, but hopefully someday I will. I lost my otter in the lava cave... I don't even know why I brought her along because I never get more than one artifact at a time.

I also ran around gathering cake slices with my new thyla and managed to get a beautiful purple and cyan wyvern chibi. It has replaced my previous featherlight that I kept on me all of the time.

I tamed up my first ever mosa today. I was so excited to see a 130 when I was out scouting.. I immediately turned around to go get taming supplies. I trapped it in behemoth gates on the ocean floor and it was a pretty easy tame from there. Now I just need to find a high level female so I can get an imprinted baby.

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, unpodded fire wyverns, made a fabricated sniper rifle just because I can (had a real nice BP for it since forever, decided to finally put it to use), some bullets, too, went for a milk run, took the sniper rifle with me - came in handy when I got three wyverns into the trap and needed to kill off the extras! Will go with my longneck AND the new fab. sniper in case of such things from now on.

Fed fire wyverns, went for a cement run because making that rifle took over 20 stacks of cementing paste. Got a bit over 70 stacks - great! Killed my dimorphs because wasn't in the mood to pod them and haven't used them in forever.

Did a mushroom run, hopefully won't have to do another one in a long time.

Checked the bees just in case - still good on flowers. Great.

Imprinted wyverns and podded them.

Will refresh sidebases tomorrow, don't feel like playing more today.

Well, this was last night... but I'll end with today.

Last night I joined a group for a run on the Gen 1 Controller.

Met 3 good chaps and BS'd between setup and run. I strongly encourage you to play with a mic. It really makes the social of the game. And if you are of age... drink your preferred libation.

This morning, after getting the boss engrams and ascending, I built my first Hover Skiff. If you have the element to feed it, and be smart on how you run it, it is such a great tool.

• Like 2

I spent a couple days on the Island tearing down the old base.  Well, tearing down is a stretch I suppose.  I should say I moved out all the valuable stuff, gave away all that I could, tossed all the low-mid grade gear not claimed into the industrial grinder to reclaim metal, and unlocked cabinets on everthing else... then advertised free stuff and first come first serve.  I did take down part of the buildings and demolished all the industrial equipment, so the base is a shell with a few cabinets inside.  It is stone and will decay soon enough.

I also constructed a small metal (2x3) shack near one of the obelisks to help with storage.  And early in the process I  used the trap on the roof of the old base to trap a mid-level argent.  Since I took them all to Ragnarok... I needed something to get around.  And about an hour after I tamed the first one I spotted  a 150 argent nearby and couldn't resist.  Unfortunately I didn't have kibble and had to do it with prime meat.  But it still worked out nicely and I have two capable workhorse argents to help on the island now.

Once back on Rag I unpodded a few of the babies and managed to fully mature my first poison wyvern.  I took him out for levels and target practice and found aiming the poison ball attack a little easier than controlling the lightning... but not as powerful.

A buddy gave me a level 232 ice wyvern egg and I am looking forward to playing with that later as well.

Not much else to say today other than I am looking forward to some summer event colors because the colors on my therizinos and rexes are awful.  I just don't feel tough on a rex that is pepto pink and blue.  Something has to change.

• Like 1

SP Gen 2 - Decided to try exploring the underwater areas on a speedy Shadowmane....got chased by 10-20 sharks, two alpha sharks, 1 alpha Tuso within the first 2 minutes of descending the depths. I went - Sod this! - Fled back up to the surface with the Alpha sharks in tow then logged off. I'll take the Gen 1 ocean any day over this stuff!

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, unpodded fire wyverns, renamed one of them (the 175 male, because he was named after a pepper, but it turned out that 1: I wrote it wrong, and 2: that pepper is green, while the wyvern is orange. Now he's more appropriately named Habanero), made a bunch or gunpowder, some cementing paste, repaired the rifle and went to the beach to shoot ichies (only found 2. Still was fun to kill them, though), repodded wyverns, logged off.

• Like 1

PVE Rag official,

Put food in troughs.

Collected eggs and tossed them in the fridge.  I have enough of all sizes to make another batch of kibble and should get around to that in a couple days.

Added some fertilizer to the garden.

Took basilo, wyvern, rexes, and yuties out of pods for an hour to mature.  Most of the rexes are now 85-90% done.  It is a long haul in Ark from Day 1 to being boss ready.  So many long nights watching babies and I can finally see a little light at the end of the tunnel.  Feeling good today.

The Therizino team is a little farther behind in the process, but I feel the rexes will be ready almost immediately with about 50k health (imprinted).  I might add a few levels in health and a few in melee just to be sure though.  Anyway, I will tackle the monkey in the near future at least.  Perhaps the spider too but will wait for therizinos before doing the dragon.

Unofficial Cluster; The Island, Genesis 2

Did some last minute prep then headed up to the blue obelisk with E and M and we took down the Alpha Megapthicus. Nice to get some Tekgrams.

Then I popped over to G2 to pick through E's stock of breeding tek rexes with his permission, as I am officially taking over the line. Picked out a pair, happened to be the only female he hadn't bred yet with a matching stat male. Brought them back to The Island and popped the resulting egg. Raised the baby alongside 4 snow owls since our flyer box is getting empty again. Not sure where all the birds are disappearing to, but I'm still working on my stat builds anyway so it's not hard to restock.

Crafted up a ton of narcotics, cementing paste, and polymer. Should be able to craft our first replicator tomorrow, if E doesn't do it himself anyway.

That was it for the night.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Not gonna go to Valg now, too hot. My computer can handle it, but I can't - difficult to do anything serious when trying not to melt alive. In the evening, maybe.

Not so much "in the evening" as "in the next day's very early morning", but: (Official, Valguero): Unpodded wyverns. Fed dinos. Crafted a tek generator and a metal foundation, replaced one of the stone foundations in my house with a metal one, placed the generator. Not gonna use it now, but better have it already than only remember to make it when I'll actually need it.

Did a metal run, put the metal into forge. Podded wyverns, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Rag, official pve

Decimated the surrounding wildlife for meat with my giga, cooked it all and refilled troughs, collected eggs and made some kibble.  Whilst I had all that happening I forgot I left my gachas on breeding and found a surprise baby, notable production, metal and some abberation stuff so I cryo'd him for raising later. Had a new pair of people setting up on the map asking for a little help, I don't like to give powerful tames away from the off but gave them a baby direbear and a couple of baby raptors and a low level maewing. They were quality tames but they have to do the raising.  

Hopped over to my 8 foundation outpost on gen2, server starting to get very crowded with buildings, massive land grabs by certain tribes and people and a bit of toxic chat. Also too many tamed stryders, causing a lot of lag. Some tribes have 4 or 5, why? I understand it on pvp but pve?  Anyway, tamed a spino and crafted a decent saddle I got a bp for, took it to explore the water ways. Discovered the massive amount of sharks in there (at one point I had 20 plus 2 alphas chasing me, killed them and gave up on that idea. Tamed a male snow owl and traded an asc item for a female.