So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Unofficial Cluser - The Island / Genesis 2

Having gotten home from work a bit early, if very tired, I decided to hop straight on to the cluster. Almost everyone was around, and we have a new tribemate A who appears to be a friend of D.

I didn't waste any time; having explored enough in single player and knowing G2 had been added to the cluster, I went ahead and transferred over. First thing I did? Tame a maewing. Second thing I did? Run loot crates until my inventory was full. Got some pretty good stuff. Not gonna lie I stored some of the best that I'm likely to use in my personal vault. Put the rest in communal storage. We honestly have almost no good gear, no one seems to be running drops or anything at all.

Headed back across again, tamed another maewing and grabbed more loot. I tried to get more maewings but they are so squirrely.

Went back to The Island and bred the maewings. So bizarre. Every mating is guaranteed at least two babies because both parents lay eggs. Lol. I'm keeping one for myself--white body, named it Sugar. You know, like a sugar glider. I'll give the other one to M, named it Nutmeg for now. I'll give it to him along with the canoe I built because I know how excited he is for that. I made 2 actually, put one in group storage for everyone. I also made up a mining drill. I'm the only one in the tribe who has gone over to G2 yet, I took the opportunity to learn a bunch of the Engrams no one else has yet.

I couldn't resist going back a third time with carrots for horses. Only found one good one and of course I messed up the tame. Sigh. I don't know why but I am just terrible at taming them. But it's still pretty neat. Since I was there I grabbed more loot crates. Got an apprentice mining drill that I almost lost to stupid pegos. Almost.

I also bred the sabers we had collected for a line of cave cats on The Island. M hasn't been breeding them since he's over on Ragnarok making a base there. Didn't get any good stat transfers but at least another female to add to the group, we have 4 males and 1 female lol.

Spent some time cleaning up for tomorrow. One thing that's always a huge pet peeve of mine is people not putting stuff where it belongs. Smithys especially are not dump stations. Ugh. And that was it for the night.

So far my plan for tomorrow is, I want to go over to Rag to drop off M's presents. While I'm there I can run the desert crates with Sugar. Beyond that I don't really know. I do have plans regarding Genesis 1, I'm just not entirely sure I feel inclined to do that right now.

PVE Rag official

Went looking for a good Female Megatherium for mating.  Didn't find what I was looking for so I Bred my good male with my High health female.  Wow, 8 hours later I got triplets with the high health and all dad's other stats.  I am totally cool with that.

Took out all the babies again.  I wasn't planning on raising babies today but the server was acting up (DC twice while searching for the afore mentioned Mega), so I decided to just stay close to base.

Found an argent a little later that was all black and a lvl 140, so I chased it down and tamed it.  Once I saddled it and flew it around in the sun I could tell it was not perfectly black.  It had a layer of dark brown mixed in but I am okay with that. 

All my dinos are named after musical groups so I named a few that still needed a name.  The new argent is Bad Company,  and the baby poison wyverns are Weezer and Atomic Rooster (Old British rock group from the 70s).

Unofficial Cluster - The Island / Genesis 2 / Ragnarok

Very frustrating day. Whatever we accmplished today didn't matter at all. The server was down for half the day, then after it came back up it overheated and crashed, rolling back 3 hours and erasing everything we did. I had a breeding quality rhino tamed up that I lost. My tribemate had his character accidentally duped and ended up having to start his character over at level 1.

I quit and spent most of the day building on single player, on Crystal Isles with a fresh character.

I wasn't going to play on the server again but M needed a rescue so I popped on, headed over to Ragnarok and helped him recover his bird. His body, along with the maewing I gifted him, unfortunately despawned. I gave him Sugar before I went home and logged for the night.

• Sad 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Also, demolished lamp pillars (basically, just pillars with a lamp post on top), only leaving illumination on the cliff, near the stable, and, of course, on all the buildings. Did that because 1. Lamps often get destroyed if a wild bronto fights something too close to the fence, and 2. Game was stuttering really badly today, so I thought that maybe it'll help if I remove some of the lamps and wires (it didn't).

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Raised wyvern some, imprinted them, too. Didn't do a milk run because they're good on food for now. Made some cementing paste, then some polymer. Did a small metal run. Killed a few alpha rexes. Podded the wyverns.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Unofficial Cluster - The Island / Genesis 2

Wary but ready to play again I logged on and did some breeding first. The sabers haven't been doing well and today's results were no different. Not one successful stat transfer. I don't know how anyone bothers breeding on official, even with halved mating intervals this is frustrating. I usually have them off in single player.

While the salvageable sabers were growing up (I keep the 1 stat females to keep breeding), I went out hunting for tames. Found a female megatherium, tamed her up, and brought her home to breed with my male. Didn't get the best stats but good enough ones for now. Named the baby boy Eeyore because he's dark grey and kinda broody looking. A rare allo popped up while I was doing a second round of breeding on the cats that had come off cooldown so I ran over and had a very frustrating redwoods tame, but I got it. Colors were great, stats meh. Typical. But I love allos and one of the op loot crates I got the other day was an asc allo saddle, over 100 armor. I totally need to breed up one for myself. Got home in time to claim a new baby saber to raise up.

Then I grabbed supplies and hopped over to Genesis 2. What was I hunting today? R-Thylas. M died the night before while hunting one of those rare dinos that sometimes spawns, it was a high level special color thyla. So he lost everything on him and didn't get the tame. I love the new variant and had thought to gift him one, he doesn't really keep up on any Ark stuff so he would have no idea to expect it.

Sadly, I did not find any good thylas. The only high level one I came across was stomped to death by mammoths before I could intervene. I did however find a very nice snow owl. It took a bit of doing but eventually it flew into my trap on its own lol, got it down and tamed. The stats didn't turn out the way I'd hoped but you know what, it's fine. I had just started to look for a mate for it when M needed help again, he was trying to tame another special thyla on The Island this time, he had come over to gear up, breed a new bird and maybe see if the maewings were ready to breed (they weren't).

E who is his cousin was being a selfish so-and-so and refusing to help so M almost rage quit, but I talked him into staying and letting me help. Not gonna lie...I'm not surprised he died and lost another bird. He built his trap way too close to the edge of the swamp and got kapro'd and I guess he either didn't have a melee weapon or panicked and didn't use it so it killed him.

I did find and recover the bird, then kinda took over the tame a little bit. But man I have to say I never have trouble with solo tames in this way but somehow it was really frustrating trying to do it with him. His bird eventually ended up dying in the utter chaos and my owl came close a couple times. We eventually got it down and while it was taming I spotted a 140 thyla on the ground nearby. Being a rare spawn on The Island, I suggested we tame that too and rearranged the taming pen to be a makeshift second pen in front of the first one. It didn't quite work the way I wanted, M couldn't drop it into the pen with his spare bird for some reason. The rare thyla tamed up and I put the pen back the way it was, M kinda freaked out and started being weird for a few minutes so I lured the thyla in myself and was wondering if he was going to tranq it or not when...he asked if it was tamed, opened the gate and ran into the pen with a wild thyla! Um wat? He realized his mistake when I started shooting it to keep it from turning on him and ran back out but man what even was that.

We got it tamed, I told him to keep it even though technically it was my tame then went back to base. I offered to let M come with me taming snow owls after a quick lunch break. An hour later he still wasn't back so I logged out and went to single player to mess around with a new character on Genesis 2. He rage quit for a few hours because of E being an equus butt and I was a bit tired of dealing with it all.

Stayed on single player for the rest of the day. I did do a little more building on my Crystal Isles character but mostly I was just on Genesis 2. Logged out early, honestly I was really disappointed. I had set this weekend aside for a major gaming session and it was just total fail. 

I also logged in early this morning in the hopes of doing a quick round of cat breeding before work to find the servers down. Again. I have major reservations about this cluster, it is clearly not very stable and the fact that it only has 5 maps, of which my tribe will only play on 3 of, is really offputting. I didn't pick the cluster though, E did. He always picks really bizarre ones with dumb mods and gets bored after a couple weeks, leaving M to run everything indefinitely. The last cluster, which I joined briefly, was worse, but at least it had proper uptime.

Re-building after I stopped for 2 years.   We were on Scorch, now on Crystal Island which is the best map they have done in my opinion.  Lots of space and flat area and such a beautiful map with many biomes.

Wife is on breading and I am on building and farming Shards because we still have our tek engrams.

Edited by Herbapou
  • Like 1

SP The Island

OH MY GOSH. 150 rex spawned in a flat area with not much dangerous around. Next time I play I am taming it up. Since I can not get gen 2 I spawned a Maewing in and its adorable. Since I spawned it I will only use it for emotional support. My baryonyx almost died after an incident in the lava cave and my glowtail died. I tamed a Basilo and had a run in with an alpha tueso and I swiftly swam to the surface. The alpha tueso is near crags island and I ran into it when going to a recourse cave for explorer notes. Logged off

• Like 1

PVE official

Went back to island base to gather more stuff.  I took one of my argents with me because I needed to haul some heavy things like ingots and eggs back to the obelisk.  My base is a bit of a trek from any obelisk and I don't really have any pets on the island with good weight... but... the argent didn't transfer.  I checked a few times hoping there was just a delay but nope.  Ark ate it, and I am pretty bummed because it was one of my favorites.  

So, I changed my plans.  I converted most of the ingots into light weight bullets and tranq darts figuring I will need that stuff eventually.  Then made several trips back and forth to the obelisk with my ptera.

I don't have many dinos remaining on the island and was hoping to take several back to Ragnarok with me but I decided against it in case there is a transfer bug happening right now.  So I just left them there for another time.  I really don't have much remaining on the island of any value and might start the demo soon.  Without community chat I can't even give things away.

Got back to Rag base and bred argents.  Hatched twins, some good stats and some bad.  Meh.

Took out babies (basilos, therizinos, rexes, yuties, megatherius, argents, and wyverns) again which is mostly what I have been doing for the past week or so.  Excited to say two of the basilos are finally done.  And the little female with all the good stats that I want to breed is now about 35%. One of the wyverns is up to 65%, and most of the rexes are now above 50%, so progress is being made.

Small egg/ kibble farm is working well too.  The fridge is slowly filling up with eggs of each size.  I will probably have a kibble making party this weekend. 👍

• Like 2

Unofficial Cluster - The Island

Not a lot of Ark going on this week. I was ill on Monday night so no Ark.

Tuesday morning I popped on to breed the sabers. Got home late after getting my second vaccine shot, did another round of saber breeding. Was feeling exceptionally tired for some reason so I turned in very early.

Just bred the sabers again this morning. If I'm feeling ok by the time I get home I plan to do another round when I get home, then hop over to G2 with supplies to tame at least one Shadowmane. It's my present to myself for getting vaccinated lol. I was going to do it last night but too tired. Overall goal is to hopefully get a breeding line of them going at some point soon.

The saber line overall is starting to make progress with all the regular breeding. I guess I'm the tribe breeder now? Which is ok but kind of annoying. This isn't even my saber line, it's M's. If I had known I was taking over this project I would have farmed a different creature. I really don't like sabers as cave mounts, I've always found them to be a bit too fragile. I like barys. I'll probably go over to Ragnarok when M has the base there in better shape and tame up some to breed for myself.

Speaking of, according to Discord chat Crystal Isles might be the next map added to the cluster. I love CI, it's my absolute favorite map aesthetically speaking and I love the crystal wyverns. I was going to build up a base on G1 but I'd much rather have it on CI instead. Since it seems like everyone has been kind of "claiming" different maps. E built the original base on The Island, M is setting up on R, and newest tribemate S is on G2. A hasn't been around lately and D doesn't seem inclined to go to another map so they've been hanging out here.

ETA: Well tonight was a pretty big fail. I bred the sabers and actually made a lot of progress, almost completely out of the first gen line.

Then I dragged M along with me on a Shadowmane hunt. We found a great 150, perfect for a base bloodline, right next to a 145 with good potential. Decided to try taming them one at a time but in a bit of a freak accident M managed to get them both into our taming box at the same time. This completely broke the taming as neither would sleep and one kept randomly aggroing the box.

So we did what we had to and sacrificed the 145 to get rid of it. The 150 calmed down but it still wouldn't sleep no matter what we did.

Eventually I had to leave because if I don't go to sleep I won't be up for work in time. Sigh. Total fail.

Edited by Cymas
  • Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, hunted alphas (1 rex, 1 carno), unpodded fire wyverns, did a milk run to feed them, loaded gachas up with food to get some obsidian, then real bad lag started, I even died because of it (twice) and my wyvern lost half her health because of a fall that was supposed to be a nice landing. Then it turned out that it was my connection being crap, apparently, since when I disconnected from/reconnected to WiFi everything started to work fine, but I'm still to annoyed by it to go check on the sidebases right now. They'll have to wait an hour or two.

Also, tamed a compy. Just because I had a dart in my rifle, and Phobos had some prime in his inventory, and the compy happened to be there and level 130.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. The cryopod I have there is 10 days away from expiration, but since I'm in tek stage on Valg, it's not a problem. If it runs out before I feel like using it again, I'll just send a new one - life's easy when I don't have to go to the obelisk to make pods.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Unofficial Cluster - The Island

Did my morning round of saber breeding. Got a perfect stat cat...but mutated. Sigh. Would be my luck lol. Been getting a lot of muts lately, which means I'll probably get none when I finish with the stat build. So typical.

Well, it turned out there was a bit of a miscommunication with M and he didn't realize I had abandoned the tame last night despite giving him multiple warnings so...well first he kept at it for like an hour after I left, but second he left behind all of the gear I had left for him to use including Eeyore. So on Genesis 2 this morning he went back to the scene of our defeat to pick up our stuff and...

Guys. The shadowmane was still there. Somehow she hadn't despawned, wandered out of the trap during rendering and most shockingly, she survived the daily server reboot and dino wipe. What? I can only surmise because she was stuck on aggro on the trap or because I had attempted to feed her the game registered her as a non-wild entity somehow and didn't delete her.

So my absolute saint of a tribemate M spent a very, very long time working out what went wrong and...he tamed her for me! I've been staring at her for like an hour and I still can't believe it lol. Given how amazingly well, glitchy, the whole shebang was I had no choice but to name her Glitch. And she is amazing. Here she is, enjoying a well deserved nap after killing M thrice during the taming lol:

20210610192406_1.thumb.jpg.c4581b7784dc13c7eaadfe24aa265fd6.jpg

Can I just say Wildcard really outdid themselves with the animations on these and their abilities are totally off the wall amazing. I want all of them.

So aside from messing around with her a little bit outside, I did my second round of saber breeding. Finally got a 3 stat male so this should go a lot faster now. I'm still so surprised that we actually recovered such an impossible scenario that I just don't know what to do now lol.

I do know I really need to repay M somehow. I've been thinking about what would be an appropriate thank you gift. Especially since he's already been scouting for a mate for Glitch after spending literally hours on this. I can think of plenty of things, just not sure what would be "big" enough, you know? Yeah it's only one shadowmane, but the amount of effort and trouble he went through to get her for me was insane.

• Like 1

PVE Ragnarok

I wasn't in the mood to pull out the babies this morning under standard rates, so I took the day off from babysitting.

Chat box was working so I chased down a couple OSDs to see it they were fixed yet... nope.

On the flight home I saw five sharks outside my water pen drooling over the contents inside.  Took the basilo out for some exercise.  Sharks are gone.

I bred my two best argents and the baby popped with good stamina but bad... everthing else.  I walked it out the gates and wished it the best of luck.

Collected more eggs from the farm side of the base.  Made kibble.

Made a run for metal and obsidian.  Had a bunch of chitin sitting in the vault so I made poly.

Made spark powder and refilled some torches.

Did a berry run and came back with too many berries.  So I cooked up some dyes.

Saw that an ovis spawned inside the base walls.  Made a veggie cake and tamed it.

That was about it today.

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Did a dust run (14 full stacks, plus a bit more), uploaded the dust.

(Official, Valguero) Got the dust, made full stacks into element, rest into shards, gave gachas a ton of arrows to eat, unpodded fire wyverns for a bit of raising, made more polymer, some narcotic, picked up gacha crystals, made more polymer, a few replacement ACs (and installed them), since I already had 200 shards, turned on replicator, made 10 pods and couple hundred tranq darts, and 2 pieces of element from the shards (a rule of mine: no using replicator unless I have enough shards to make at least one piece of element), picked up gacha crystals, fed gachas pods with my old allos, put fresh pods into the fridges, fed dinos, podded wyverns, logged off.

Unofficial Cluster, The Island / Genesis 2

Did my morning round of saber breeding.

Doesn't matter what I got though because the dino storage mod broke and anything in a terminal was lost.

By sheer luck, I did not lose Glitch. She survived another impossible scenario due to me having her in my inventory rather than my terminal.

I will say the owner of this cluster does an amazing job. He ended up pulling a server backup save and anyone who lost tames was able to go on it and retrieve almost everything. 2 day old backup so some things were lost. E grabbed our tribe's.

Got almost everything back, however this set me back massively on the saber line. Not quite to square one, more like square 2. Lost all of the muts, all but 1 of my multi-stat sabers, and some of them are even back on cooldown.

Anyway while all that was going on in the background, I took Glitch and some gear over to G2, which was a "safe" map during the recovery process. And we went on a taming spree. I got 5 maewings, a snow owl and an r-thyla, then went over to visit M's new G2 base. He built it pretty much while taming Glitch the other day so it's right over the spot where she, well, glitched. Fitting.

A rare thyla popped and M decided he really wanted it so we headed back over to the Eden side to hunt it down. I managed to trap it, then he did the rest while I fooled around with Glitch. Stats aren't the best but since he recovered his thyla he can now breed them together which is arguably better anyway with the imprint.

Then i grumpily returned to The Island to start breeding the sabers...again.

Also Glitch is not in a cryopod or a soul ball now. She's asleep on the floor in the middle of the base. Not risking her again. If she's not with me she's going to be on solid ground somewhere.

So while I was working on rebreeding the line, E returned with a new tribe member, K. M assures me he's a cool guy. I can't help feeling a little nervous about all these tribemates I don't know. I'm also a bit wary because literally everyone plays with Glitch when they see her, being the tribe's only Shadowmane right now. I'll be so upset if something happens to her while I'm offline.

Still thinking about what to do to repay M for taming her. 

Since in September I'll need all three of my bases to be able to last with no refreshing for 10 days (well, 2 bases technically, because main, Valg one, is already all stone, metal and a bit of TEK, so I only need to upgrade the sidebases), I decided to start on upgrading my sidebases today, because let's be honest here: if I don't start today, I won't do it ever. I'll just get distracted, or lazy, or something, and the bases will stay wooden right until there's no time to upgrade them. Wouldn't be the first time my "eh, a bit later" turned into "oops, delayed it by half a year".

(Official, Crystal Isles) Built a fabricator, made a chainsaw, replaced the floor, roof pieces, walls, and most of the ceiling with stone. Also, learned the engram for bunk bed and started to accumulate mats for that. Later (maybe today, maybe tomorrow) will replace the rest with stone and try to get even more mats for the bunk bed.

Aaand finished the upgrade. It's all stone now. With a bunk bed.

(Official, Extinction) Also upgraded base (it was mostly stone already, so less work was required). Added a bunk bed, too. And put greenhouse windows into the window frames.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos and gave bees more flowers. Didn't feel like actually playing because with the base upgrades it was plenty ARK for me already.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Found a 150 yuty the other day and couldn't pass it up.  It was a very long adventure to tame with lots of mishaps and danger but I got it done in the end.  The health is ok, but not great.  However it has far better stamina and slightly better melee than anything else I have so I look forward to getting it into the breeding mix as soon as my twin yuties are all grown.

Spent much of the last couple days raising babies.  Nothing too exciting there. 

Unofficial Cluser, The Island / Genesis 2

Very busy weekend, lots of taming and breeding and all that fun stuff.

The end result, at least for me, is that we now have 4 Shadowmanes. We tamed a mate for Glitch and this time the taming went so much better. It was harder to get him in the box than anything lol.

Bred immediately and got a baby girl that I claimed, she has our two breedable stats which is great.

Bred her once she grew up and M claimed the second baby, also a girl with both stats.

We got a male yuty and bred 2 of those as well. Got some owls and thylas going. Breeding up extra owls to go in the communal bird box since we do seem to lose birds on the regular.

And good news, I'm almost done with the saber line...again. Ugh. I'm never breeding these things again lol. Such a trial this is for so little comparative reward.

E got the tek rexes he's been coveting so we're now replacing our rexes with the new tek line. He's really pushing for the bosses, I think it's too early. Tentative goal is a week from Tuesday. Still so much to do, can't fathom being ready that early but worst case we all die I guess lol.

All in all a little frustrating from continuing server issues due to constant mod updates, but successful overall. I feel like I dragged M around with me all weekend though lol. Still thinking about something I can do for him. I know he really wants a Bloodstalker so I need to get some Moschops going, got a high HP female already just need to tame up a male.

So yeah, I guess I'm unofficially the official tribe breeder. No one has done as much of it as I have and honestly I do like breeding a lot. I just feel a bit held back by our lack of good tames. E is managing the gigas and rexes at least but aside from that there is very little coherency here. Basically I hate that every time as a tribe collectively we need something, we just don't have it. I've been trying to get ahead of it a bit but it's hard to manage. This base is way too small for 7 people. E says this is supposed to be the hub, but it's barely big enough to be a solo base. I'm debating moving to Rag or waiting to see if Crystal Isles is going to be added like the owner has strongly hinted it will be the next map on this cluster.

Because I have plans. Big plans.