So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Went back to The Island for another load of goods.  Decided that many things are not worth transferring, so I offered up some stuff for trade in the chat box and got back a number of AC units in the exchange.  Then took the ACs and a few other things back to Ragnarok.

Took some time away from building and moving last night to have a little fun.  Recruited my neighbor and we flew up to the wyvern trench on Ragnarok.  We were able to lure away and kill several of the wyverns to start looking for eggs.  However my friend did not see a few nearby wyverns when going for an egg and they pounced on him at the nest.  He died and I was not able to clear the others away before his wyvern fell too.  I think his wyvern might have been on passive because I didn't see it fighting back.  In the end we got two eggs.  I felt bad he lost a wyvern and I didn't argue when he claimed the 170 lightning egg for himself.  I put the 95 fire egg in my pocket.  I want something better so this one might end up being kibble.  I will go back soon.  

I found out that the frost / ice wyverns will sometimes have a nest up in the mountains.  So I researched the coords and checked them a few times but never found any nests.

This morning I took advantage of the EVO event rates and gathered a bunch of resources.  Then spent a good part of the day building a nice hatchery.  Unfortunately I don't really have any eggs worth hatching right now. lol.  O'well. 

• Like 1

A lot has happened recently. The short version is I made it to Extinction, finally. I admit I cheesed Rockwell a little bit but I was just so done with Aberration. Too many annoying mechanics in one place. I'll be back eventually to 100% the map, I'll do it again then. Maybe. If I feel like it. (I probably won't.)

I did my usual fresh start, but after I built my first small base I changed my mind. I spent the better part of this evening going back to old maps and connecting them all with transmitters, then painstakingly moving my choice tames across.

What's the point of having tons of strong dinos if you're not going to use them, after all. So I brought over the remains of my rex armies. Kind of sad seeing the remnants of 5 armies, still bloody in their cryopods. I have them all out to heal up so I can run some OSDs later on.

I also brought over Heartbreaker, my Valentine's giga. No mate for him yet but I know I'll need him eventually. Plus a lot of my bred utility animals and my best argent, and my yutys for eggs. General Yulia is retired, after all. From SE I didn't really bring much, just my thyla. From Aberration I brought 2 featherlights to breed, Runt of course, my rock drake, who has been my key role in all of Ab and yet still doesn't have a name, and my 2 breeding spinos. And a few stray bits of gear here and there.

Once I got them all moved over I took Heartbreaker out for a meat run, then once everyone woke up from cryosickness (I play with PVP on for leveling purposes) I spent probably close to an hour shuffling everyone around. Once the rexes are done healing I'll probably pod most if not all of them up again. Have to admit I'm surprised that any of my second generation rexes survived.

Current plan is to work on my infrastructure now that I have my tames. Already working on getting the forge up and going. I'm not sure if this is going to be my permanent base spot. I like the area but I get the occasional corruption dino wandering in, plus defense units rolling through, and worse, there's a seagull spawn near here. So we'll see, I might do some scouting around. I haven't been on this map in a long time.

• Like 2

Made another run back to the Island.  Gave a ptera and some gear to a newbie when she asked for help and she never said thanks.  I don't understand people sometimes.  Anyway, I brought back best sets of armor and all the juvenile therizinos that I had started raising for the dragon boss fight there.  I figured I can finish raising them finally on Rag and then go back for boss fight.  I will likely do that with my rexes too.  I need to secure a place to let them out of pods first though.  I get a lot of raptors, deodons, and saber cats spawning near my base.

Checked for Ice wyvern nests again on Rag.  Got nothing.  The one wyvern I have is not strong enough to tackle the trench or the southern wyvern cave alone so I came up with a crazy plan and just swam into the cave... commando style.  I know there is a nest in the back right corner of the cave near the water line and figured I could scuba my way in without drawing attention to myself... extract the egg... and swim out.  

It worked fine, sort of.  I found the nest (proud of that since it was my first time in there).  And it even had an egg, another 95 fire.  I was hoping for better but I took it anyway and ran back to the water so a better one could spawn.  I swam back to the raft I left outside the cave entrance and when I checked my inventory I no longer had the egg.  My best guess is that the spoil timer might have expired.  I don't think there is an issue with having an egg on you while swimming but maybe there is.  IDK.  I tried to go back twice since then but have not found any more eggs in the nest.  I will keep trying and will make note of the spoil timer when I find one again.

Back at base I pulled out the 95 fire wyvern egg I got the other day from the trench and started cooking it.  I wanted to try the new hatchery anyway.  Worst case scenario is I lose my current (only) wyvern and have no back-up plan.  So, I will hatch and raise the 95 as plan B, or at least until I get something better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

Checked for Ice wyvern nests again on Rag.  Got nothing.  The one wyvern I have is not strong enough to tackle the trench or the southern wyvern cave alone so I came up with a crazy plan and just swam into the cave... commando style.  

They remove Ice wyvern from Ragna long time ago, u can only found it on valguero. (Xbox)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

I was afraid of that. Thanks for letting me know.

747C0F1060A63D2BA70EA481AD78987D029CD7AD

>>> admincheat getallstate Ragnarok_Wyvern_Override_Ice_C
[2021.05.17-00.28.01:772][811]0) Ragnarok_Wyvern_Override_Ice_C /Game/Mods/Ragnarok/Ragnarok.Ragnarok:PersistentLevel.Ragnarok_Wyvern_Override_Ice_C_2

(SP, The Island) I took my chances and did the hard water cave. There was a lot of healing involved... but I cleared the cave of most of the baddies and got the artifact. Now I'm only missing one in my collection - the snow cave, which I don't feel ready for.

I tamed up a few last minute creatures - 150 Purlovia, an Easter colored Bronto and Dimetrodon, and a Sarco. Did a dino wipe to encourage new spawns because the Rex and Theri spawns have become nearly nonexistent. Bred up and imprinted a new Argy to replace my late friend, who was chomped while patiently waiting for me to get out of the cave on Carno Island.

I flew around the bases of the nearby mountains to look for new dinos. Found a pair of 150 Allos and another 145. Flew them all back to my taming pen with my Quetz and tamed them up. I'm thinking of using them in the snow cave. Found a bunch of mediocre Rexes and Theri's, killed them all as I went along. Finally found a 130 Theri and flew him back to base only to tame him up and find he had trash stats. Oh well.

It was getting close to time to sign out for the night, so I grabbed Aqua and ran to the swamp cave for a quick run through. I got super lucky this time around! I found an ascendant fur gauntlet blueprint and an ascendant pump action shotgun with 321% damage and insane durability. It felt really good to finally replace my primitive version with that! Went back to base and put everything away. Signed out.

• Like 1

@Pocolate You can do the snow cave with rexes now that cryopods exist. The only reason you couldn't before is because there's a couple spots where they will get stuck if you don't have pods. Still put a bed/box down with a backup set of gear and a rex just in case though, that cave sucks.

Had a very busy day yesterday.

First thing was to load up with gear and take my Island-hopping argent over to the snow biome to tame snow owls. Got a pair of them 140+. Also got a couple heart attacks from managarmr hit and runs. I want to tame some but at the same time I know what a pain they are to deal with. I've actually never tamed one although I have had a few. Got the owls home, finished the materials for my forge, but now I'm kind of stuck because I really want to start building my tek stuff before I get too far into base building.

When you think about it the progression in this game kinda sucks unless you're transferring freely between maps as you go, as far as endgame gear goes. The Island - tek basics and can use in Overseer boss arena. SE - you can only get black pearls from deathworms, takes forever to farm in any appreciable number. At least the manticore is easy. Aberration - element is so ridiculous to get might as well not even bother since Rockwell doesn't drop any. Extinction - all the element, and by this point you've got basically all the toys too.

Then I loaded up again and set out into the wastelands. I found a blue OSD, which I started just to try it. I've never done them before just watched videos and as I can tell you from doing Rockwell, it looks so much easier in videos lol. We were doing...ok. I was doing more damage to the drop than the enemies were. But we had to bail due to a meteor storm, I didn't want to risk it. Annoying.

So then we went out to look for an element vein. I didn't take my boss rexes this time. Found a medium vein. Took it on with just my argent, we actually did really well. They couldn't damage the bird fast enough between the healing and the fact that this is a bred combat bird with 10k HP and close to 800 melee. With 3k stamina on top of that we were in fine form. Got to wave 4/5 and got stuck on 2 hostiles. Couldn't find them. Went just a little too far trying to hunt them down and the stupid vein blew up. Rip. What a waste of 45 minutes. Bet it was the 2 corrupted pteras chasing a normal one around, obviously I couldn't catch them on my argent. I feel like after a certain amount of time with no damage the next wave should start, that was so stupid.

Feeling a little defeated I went back to base. While I was distracted reading the wiki a bug-frenzied megatherium stormed into my base, ignoring all of my combat tames and ate my dung beetle before Heartbreaker destroyed it. Seriously? That beetle was literally in the center of my base and I was standing next to it. I was unharmed and the beetle was just gone. Sigh. So i had to go tame a new one.

Decided to take a break from progressing and went out to the desert biome to look for velos. I don't know why but I just love those things. And, well, I came across a slight problem...

20210516182838_1.thumb.jpg.65733ee86ecd7ad5eb708233e3abb836.jpg

Now, I do like dimetrodons, just not that much. Obviously I had to do a dino wipe to deal with the overspawning. I can't imagine what a nightmare this would be on an official map, like how would you even deal with it? I lagged out just looking at them.

Eventually found a velo. Then died to the velo. That's like a rite of passage on this map, right? Flew back and recovered everything, then got the velo down and tamed. Returned home, not risking finding a mate right now.

Things were starting to wind down for the day by then. I mean, I did a lot of stuff. Can you tell I was procrastinating on my taxes? (Which did get done, eventually...) 

Finished out the night with some gacha breeding, which I have never done before but since I couldn't find the one I wanted and I have one with decent crafting skill, I figured why not. At least I think 136 is decent, I have no idea since my awesome spyglass doesn't show that stat on the little display. Annoying.

Didn't get the one I wanted but I did breed a new black pearl gacha with the high crafting skill, which means all future babies will be guaranteed that. Raised her up and that was about it for me.

Today and tomorrow are going to be very RL busy for me so I think I might just stick close to base and breed some more gachas. I would really like a metal one, but the element dust is a priority. Sure, my doed can farm it all day but it's really tedious and takes away time from other things I need to do. Plus I was figuring if I hold off on base building until I have my gachas ready, I can farm their crystals all day while setting up. Smarter, not harder.

• Like 2

Pretty laid back evening.

Took a flight around the wastelands, didn't find any element veins up.

Returned to base and have been breeding my gachas. Got my first mutation...in crafting skill. Amazing. Also got a metal gacha which is nice. Can never have too much metal. I got obsidian too which is somewhat less useful but since I'm already raising some I might as well for completion's sake.

Not really doing much while they raise up since I know you can't leave render or they'll probably die. So I'm legit just sitting here reading a book. Heartbreaker occasionally destroys random things in the background. Mostly spiders or the odd defense unit.

That's it for tonight. Will probably do more of this tomorrow since Ark is 100% background while I do some other stuff.

• Like 2

PVE Ragnarok official

Cooked the fire wyvern egg a little more and I think it is within 20-30 minutes of hatching, but I picked it up and tossed it in the fridge.  I Decided to go back to the wyvern cave and have another go at the eggs.  (It's almost addicting, lol)

Parked the raft in front of the entrance again and swam inside.  I went to the back right corner and the low nest was empty again.  Bummer.  Then I got a little more daring and swam around the surface looking for any wyverns.  There were several towards the back half of the cave and none up front.  So I found a small ledge to climb out of the water and took out my pocket argent.  I flew to the top of the first pillar and found a low level lightning.  flew to the second pillar and found another low level lightning.  I went back to the first (since it was slightly better) and packed away the argent.  I then grabbed the egg and jumped off the pillar into the water... swam back to boat.  Went home and tossed the egg in the fridge for kibble.

Went back to the cave two more times after that and got the other low level lightning and a low level poison on the back left wall as you enter.  Those two eggs each spoiled before I could get home but at least I am clearing them for better spawns (I hope).

Spent a little time back at base with the doedi and beaver.  Put a good amount of wood, thatch, and stone in the cabinets for upcoming projects.  That was about it.

• Like 1

(Official. Valguero) Spent about 2 minutes running around the base, searching for my bear. The bear, meanwhile, was standing by the stables EXACTLY WHERE I LEFT HIM. I am not very smart. Took the bear, did a meat/berry run, fed dinos, killed some tek parasaurs and raptors while hunting, made their dust into shards, logged off.

• Like 2

Very much a background thing today.

I did a quick meat run with Heartbreaker, picked up a new Enforcer bp in the process. Looks like it would be a good cargo bot, if I needed one. I don't but I think Enforcers are awesome so I want one just to have it.

Spent the rest of my evening breeding off and on while doing other things. Best part about sp is being able to pause when necessary. Popped out some more gacha babies, nothing to keep. 

That's it for tonight. Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I suppose I could go look for wild gachas again since I dino wiped and now have a massive excess of owl pellets. Or I could look for another velo. Or try to find another element vein. So many options. Depends on how tired I am tbh, work today was rough and very poor timing considering how busy I have been at home.

• Like 2

PVE Ragnarok official

I couldn't sleep last night so I logged in and made another run at the south wyvern cave.  Started out same as before... swam in, checked low nest at water's edge - nothing there.  Swam to small ledge near front of cave (out of sight from wyverns) pulled out argent and flew to top of first pillar.  Found a 155 Poison!!!! After crapping my pants and taking a few deep breaths I podded the argent (can't fly out since there were several wyverns flying just outside the entrance when I swam in),  I took off the flippers so I could run off the high pillar without delay... then I grabbed the egg and ran.  It is a pretty good drop and I thought I would never get to the water.  But I did.  Put my flippers back on and casually swam out the tunnel with a pair of wyverns darting about above me and unable to do anything about it. lol.

I think I checked my inventory 10 times while driving the raft home just to make sure I still had the egg.  Got home and tossed it into the incubation room.  No event going now so it will take awhile.  I know it's possible to get higher levels but for me... it may as well been solid gold 😄

High on adrenaline and still unable to sleep I decided to change up the raft design to a taming raft instead of just a cabin cruiser.  I have been meaning to do it at some point, and I will likely have someone joining me soon that might need it, so I figured it would be good to have.  And now that the base is coming along I might try to get some new tames myself soon.  the raft is mostly done now. I just need to outfit it with supplies and organize the living quarters on the back end.

This morning I cooked the egg a little more before work.  While I stood around I decided I didn't like the look and placement of my greenhouse.  So I tore the whole thing apart and started again.  I have the foundations and plumbing in place for the new structure now.  I will try to finish it tonight.

• Like 2

(SP, The Island) I have been thinking about my base and how it is still incomplete while I'm already in mid-late game. After showing a friend my base the other night while he contemplated trying out Ark, it really started to bug me. Last night I had no time to play really, but ended up tearing down the entire unfinished breeding area.

Today, I started the rebuild and expansion of the breeding area. It's really the last area that needs completed and then I can hopefully stop thinking about building for a while. I live on the river between the swamp, red woods, and black sands area and it just happens to be deep enough to throw out some water creatures (I haven't tried anything bigger than a basilo). I expanded it to the same size as my main base area and switched up ceiling tiles (my flooring) between stone and s+ glass. I also added a glass hatch frame and a metal ladder, then ran walls down to the river bottom all the way around. This would create my new water dino breeding pen directly below... and that was when I decided that I liked that appearance much better than my currently "floating" base and ran walls around the rest of my base and taming pen too. Now everything looks grounded and much better in my eyes.

There's still a lot of work to do but I had to stop midway to go get more metal and crystal, so it slowed down progress some. On the way back home from that, I found a 130 Rex and had to tame it up. He tamed up with 9k health, which is by far the highest that any of my tamed rexes have right now. It definitely made me happy that I had needed to go on that resource run!

I started laying the groundwork for my half walls but it got too late to continue. More to come later... and I will have to see if I can post a screenshot or two once I am done.

By the way, @Cymas thank you for the advice! I think I will go with Rexes for the snow cave since you said they can fit. I have a nice saddle blueprint for them, so that works out great. I had only heard of people using Allos and Direbears before.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Took a Biter in a pod and a few pieces of spare armor to send to (Official, Extinction) for se in Forest Cave. Uploaded them, logged off Valg.

(Official, Exti... Nope!) Server crashed while I was logging onto it. Glad I'm using separate characters for sidebases - if I was using main for all and merely server-hopping, that would mean trouble.

(Official, Valguero) Downloaded back the rex and the armor. I'll send them some time later, when I feel like it.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Also, by that time Ext was back online, but I already decided that I'm no longer in the mood for it today. I'll feed dinos there tomorrow.

• Like 1

@Pocolate Yeah before cryopods were a thing it wasn't possible, but those have opened up all kinds of new options that wouldn't otherwise work. There is so much content for this game out there already that it's sometimes hard to find information that's up-to-date, especially for solo play since it takes so long to do anything in this game.

There's a couple spots where you do need to cryo and uncryo the rex while inside so it would be worth it to bring an extra rex with you in case you get attacked while moving through those spots. It's an awful place full of purlovias and whatever you do don't fall in the water, you'll die.

Had a pretty calm Ark evening. Still pretty tired so I didn't want to do anything too involved. I did set up a rudimentary breeding area and got my snow owls going, got one good baby out of it. Not really doing mutations right now since I know the stats aren't the best for a bloodline, just want to have an imprinted one I can use. Went ahead and raised him up.

Kept on breeding the gachas as well. Didn't get anything out of them. Did get a nice crossbow though so that's ok.

Finished my book, too. It was pretty good.

• Like 1

@Cymas That sounds like a real treat! I might breed up a couple of rexes this weekend and try it out if I have time. It's the only Island cave that I have left to do but I'm not in a huge rush. I still need to breed up an army for the bosses, which will take forever. I'm just hoping it will be a viable source of good loot because so far the Swamp cave is the only one that has more than one loot crate at a time for me. Thank you for the advice, you're right it is hard to find up to date information sometimes.

(SP, The Island) Today's time was very limited. I let two dolphin babies grow up to try to up my chances of getting the best stats because their parents just weren't helping me out in that department. I just want a dolphin with all of the best stats of the three main ones that I have so I can hopefully zoom around the ocean to try to find loot crates. I love my basilo, but she is just too slow.

While that was going on, I started to work some more on my breeding room. I got all of the half walls down and put in the stone walls where they needed to be. Installed my large glass walls that I had made up and then headed off on another crystal and metal run. I didn't find a lot of crystal, so I still have a lot of work to do. I will have to head to the snow tomorrow to look for more.

I took one of my theris out to gather rare flowers since I was completely out. On the way across to the swamp, I found a 150 Thyla just roaming around! This is the first high level thyla I've seen and a max level at that! I hurried to grab my flowers and then ran back to base to grab my Argy that I have named Myst. We snatched up the thyla and tossed it in the taming pen, but not without losing half of Myst's health and a whole lot of blood. They are so vicious now! Unfortunately, I only had one Yuty egg so I lost a level on the tame but I'm still happy with it. While waiting for it to tame, I did find an apprentice advanced sniper rifle blueprint and an ascendant ghillie mask. All in all, it was a great day.

PVE Rag official

Finished building the greenhouse and planted the basic crops.  Finished the taming raft.

Hatched the 155 poison wyvern but I wasn't watching the time and missed the actual hatching.  I was 10 minutes late claiming it and hopefully I can still get all the imprints done.  I checked the stats in dododex and got a few extra points in health, stam, and weight... but melee was a 3 clicks below the starting point.  All pretty average.  

Regardless, it will be better than the one I have once I imprint and put on some levels.