So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

13 minutes ago, Voidgoof said:

Ok...thanks.....hey on breeding, I tried to make a ocean platform for sharks...but I went exploring, came back and the sharks were out of the pen nearby...but glitched out, can that happen?   It was two deep with ceilings in the center of the platform.

I don't know. I don't have experience with ocean platforms (no Genesis), so maybe they glitched, maybe it was something else. My own water pen is built on pillars, ceilings on them and walls on both sides extended as low as the rather uneven bottom of the lake allowed me. Never had any problems with dinos escaping it (they're not on wander).

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Also, googled the error from my PC's crash yesterday - seems like might be a memory thing, so decided to close browser before playing ARK from now on... And it turns out loading times don't suck, actually. They so don't suck, that it took me seconds (Seconds!) to enter Ext, and then seconds to exit it, and entering Crystal Isles was even faster. That's great, actually.

Yesterday I went back to my PVE world for a bit.  Refresher... I stopped playing because my island server has become unplayable with lag and DC.  At one point I created a secondary character and sent it to Scorched Earth to check it out.  Played with that survivor on a part-time basis and never really did much with it.

PVE Scorched Earth official: I have been thinking of moving my main survivor here from the island.  But before I can move over my main I first have to move out the secondary (can't have two characters from one account on same world at once, for those that don't know).  So I took my #2 and hopped on my only usable tame (sabrecat) and headed for the red obelisk.  Everything went fine until I got close to the water.  It was crawling with raptors and capro-SUCKUS!  

I tried to lure them away, and ended up getting into a fight with a pair of capros.  When my sabre vanished from underneath me I first thought I was knocked off by the capro's jump attack.  I almost died but was saved when a paracer that got into the fight and killed one of the capros.  I killed the other with my pike.  I looked and looked for my sabre.  Could not find it.  Then checked the tribe log and saw it was deleted (killed) for meshing.  That sucks.

I then ran for the obelisk console.  When I was uploading a few items I was attacked by a raptor and died.  It took me about 5 more tries (respawn, die, repeat) before making it back to the obelisk.  But I finally made it and uploaded my character.... picked the first world I saw (which was Rag) and sent him there.

PVE Island official:  Refreshed base and saw I was going to need more gas for the generator soon.  So I flew up to the ice shelf and mined some oil.  Went home and cooked gas.  With my #2 survivor off of SE I started to make mental plans for moving.  Eventually, I might give away my base to some noob that wants it after I move out my dinos and supplies.  It is a good base and a good location.  And with a full server, land is at a premium.  I am sure someone will want it.  I am not sure I want to play PVE anymore, but if I ever go back to it...I know I cannot play on that server.  And I have some very high level tames that I cannot watch die.  Funny how we become so attached to them.

• Sad 1

Single Player Scorched Earth:

Did two caves (the one up north in the mountains by the blue ob, and then the cave in the southern desert).  Success in both.  Found a pair of ascendant desert armor pants in one of the cave drops. Bonus.  I have now done all three caves but I don't think I am done with the caves.  

On the way home I saw a male rex 145.  After I put all my caving stuff away I went back and tamed it.  It has good weight, average health and damage.  Not bad, but far from great. It has a greenish-grey back and a solid forest green belly.  I like it's colors better than some of the other rexes so I kept it.

I only brought over 3 rexes (1 male and 2 female) from the island when I first move to SE.  I will need a rex army if I want to tackle the manticore down the road, so I parked the new rex next to the others and set them to mate.  I don't remember the original stats of the other 3 so I am curious to see what I get.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Found one of the missing dimorphs. Spent some time flying around on my owl, enjoying how smoothly the game runs and wondering why I haven't thought or closing the browser before starting ARK in the WHOLE TIME I PLAYED ARK BEFORE - so much stutters could have been avoided! Spotted an alpha rex stuck on some rocks, went to the base for my velona. Killed the rex. It took 1 full stam bar and about 4/5 of it after a bit of rest. That's fast.

Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Today...breeding basilos

Any opinions.... I have no idea if babies are attacked by a piranha...do they just sit there until either one is killed?  Do I keep a bary on aggressive in the pen?

1) Deep sea enclosed pen/box for breeding basilos....

Pros:  nothing will spawn inside, I read that if whales are too shallow they will eat much more?

Cons:  need to swim down and use scuba or chowder to feed until juvenile

Much more materials to build (all six sides including floor and ceiling.

2) Surface pen on the beach....

Pros: near the surface for air and hand feeding, just use Dino gates off the beach

Cons:  seagulls, gators, piranha, etc....will seagulls attack the basilos?

Any hints please....never raised sea dinos (mammals) before...

Thx

4 hours ago, Voidgoof said:

2) Surface pen on the beach....

Pros: near the surface for air and hand feeding, just use Dino gates off the beach

Cons:  seagulls, gators, piranha, etc....will seagulls attack the basilos?

Any hints please....never raised sea dinos (mammals) before...

Thx

Seagulls don't aggro on basilos.

As for piranhas and gators - maybe build it the way mine is? With a bit of a wall on the "land" side for anything that can come from there, and spikewalls along the bottom to cover any hole fish could come through.

waterpen.png

I had a ridiculously eventful day. Over the past couple of days I made several fortuitous discoveries: I found a level 120 tek rex on Dead Island, I found a level 100 Chalicotherium not too far from my base, and I found a unicorn. Tamed the unicorn, but didn't have the supplies to tame the others so I went to collect them. Started breeding my Argentavis in the interim, but I apparently didn't know what I was doing and I and had to try again.

Second try with the Argentavis got me a really nice baby with the stats I wanted. During the mating cool down I decided to try taming the rex, and it went surprisingly smoothly. I expected something to go horribly wrong, but no, I got it into a pen, knocked it out and tamed it, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

After I brought the rex home I tried breeding a second argent. Unfortunately I got more females, when I need a male for breeding purposes. I spent the waiting time gathering resources for a tree platform, and finally ventured off to tame the Chalicotherium. That also went surprisingly smoothly. I honestly expected it to be a lot trickier like most other passive games, but no. Just stay behind it and give it all the beer it wants.

Finally after another shot at breeding I got twin argents, one male one female (I don't think that should be possible...) with the stat I wanted.

While I was waiting for them to mature I was just out doing standard base maintenance and resource collecting, and I noticed a ton of Triceratops had spawned near my base. I went to investigate and there was a 120 male and 120 female among them. I had to have these guys, so I went to tame them. These were actually a lot harder than the rex since I couldn't be bothered with making a pen, and there were so damn many.

Got 'em tamed up, now I'm just waiting for my baby argent to reach adulthood so I can breed him with my female and get some really nice babies out of it.

Honestly I don't think I've ever had this much luck finding good stuff over the course of a year as I did over a couple of days.

Edited by TorgosSolaris
Corrected spelling error.
  • Like 2

SP scorched earth:  I needed to make some cryopods to have around the house and maybe pack away some of the herd.  So I went to the green obelisk terminal and crashed.  Reloaded game. Crashed again at terminal. Reloaded game and became very curious... and after a couple more attempts I noticed that my screen goes black and I am booted out to the main menu every time I go into the terminal... but not until I try to highlight the cryopod option inside the terminal.  Everything else works fine inside the terminal.

I have a tek replicator on the Island so I teleported back to make pods there.  And again, Everything was great until I went to make cryopods. Booted again.  Interesting.  After this post I will check to see if others on the forum are having the same issues.

Since I wasn't able to make any new ones, I just grabbed a few from the fridge... unpodded the dinos and called it good.

But, while I was there on the island I took out my only rex BP (mastercraft) and made six saddles for my new rexes on SE.  I would have made more but ran out of supplies.

Took saddles and cryopods back to Scorched Earth.  Did a little more breeding (switched up mating pairs a few times just to see if I can get a combo that works best.  Then hatched about 10 eggs.  

One of the eggs had a mutation and slightly better health than the others, So I raised that baby and a few of the others with decent colors.  Then I mated them with the high health female.  It took a little bit but I finally got one egg to hatch tripplets with the higher health.  1 M and 2 F.  I am currently waiting for them to mature and that will be the start of my line I think.  Colors are ok, nothing too fancy to brag about though.  I do have one rex that came out with a brilliant green (bright emerald) color and will probably try to work that into the mix.

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Went to check the amount of crystals on the wyverns, and spotted a level 15 male near base. Nicely colored (Far as I can tell without exporting or podding - 59 on regions 0 and 2, 51 on 4, and 7 on 5). Tamed. Named him Mint Candy. He'll be my new CI secondary wyvern, and my previous one, BeautyButNoBrains, went to (Official, Valguero) in case I'll want to breed tropicals at some point.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the wyvern, exported and then podded her, fed dinos, bred rexes and gigas, put eggs in the fridge, repaired two SCUBA tanks and went crate hunting. No good loot save for a 90-something tuso saddle (no plans on ever getting tusos. Into the grinder it'll go) and a 95 yuty saddle (will keep just in case - I have a yuty BP from which I can make even better than that, but it's damn expensive). Oh, and APPRENTICE riot boots with 300-something armor and over 400 durability. Didn't know Apprentice quality items can be that great.

And that's all for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2021 at 8:16 PM, Penguin73 said:

SP scorched earth:  I needed to make some cryopods to have around the house and maybe pack away some of the herd.  So I went to the green obelisk terminal and crashed.  Reloaded game. Crashed again at terminal. Reloaded game and became very curious... and after a couple more attempts I noticed that my screen goes black and I am booted out to the main menu every time I go into the terminal... but not until I try to highlight the cryopod option inside the terminal.  Everything else works fine inside the terminal.

I have a tek replicator on the Island so I teleported back to make pods there.  And again, Everything was great until I went to make cryopods. Booted again.  Interesting.  After this post I will check to see if others on the forum are having the same issues.

Since I wasn't able to make any new ones, I just grabbed a few from the fridge... unpodded the dinos and called it good.

But, while I was there on the island I took out my only rex BP (mastercraft) and made six saddles for my new rexes on SE.  I would have made more but ran out of supplies.

Took saddles and cryopods back to Scorched Earth.  Did a little more breeding (switched up mating pairs a few times just to see if I can get a combo that works best.  Then hatched about 10 eggs.  

One of the eggs had a mutation and slightly better health than the others, So I raised that baby and a few of the others with decent colors.  Then I mated them with the high health female.  It took a little bit but I finally got one egg to hatch tripplets with the higher health.  1 M and 2 F.  I am currently waiting for them to mature and that will be the start of my line I think.  Colors are ok, nothing too fancy to brag about though.  I do have one rex that came out with a brilliant green (bright emerald) color and will probably try to work that into the mix.

Turn off tool tips and the cryo crash will stop.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to post what I did yesterday.  Yesterday, I found and killed an alpha leeds.  Been playing ark for two years and I've never even seen one.  I'm on a story mode run thru the canon maps and I needed it to do the alpha tek cave.

My tribe mate was trying to breed up a basi male for himself so we could run caves together and I took my female basi out and did a quick spin around herbie island where my water stuff is.  Found it almost immediately.  Dumb luck is still lucky.

Yesterday I also test ran the beta dragon and didn't get the element or trophy because a deino killed it.  So I went back for another round and won again, got what I needed, but lost a yuty and it's asc saddle and two rexes, only got one of their saddles back.  My rex saddles are from a BP I got in the easier water cave, asc 265 armor.  14k fiber, 27k hide, 3.6k metal.  My rexes are 296 base with 10/10 melee and health mutations.  I lose one or two when I fight the alpha broodmother and beta dragon, so I'm not looking forward to the alpha.  I take 4 260ish deinons in as well and they put in most of the work.  Probably going to double that for the alpha Dragon fight.

• Like 2

Single Player Scorched Earth. (Just giving highlights tonight)

Bred and raised rexes.  Now have 19 rexes (not counting the triplets... leaving them on the side for future breeding projects).  Spent some time levelling up the rexes.  Still have some more to do before they are ready.

I was hoping to find a decent rex saddle by now but I have not.  Many hours spent these past 4 days flying around the desert collecting loot drops, hoping for a rex saddle.  No luck. So I went back to my island home and retrieved my MC rex BP.  I was nervous about losing it in the transfer, and it is my only rex BP.... but I got it to SE ok.   Gathered materials and now all rexes have good saddles.

Stole a 125 lightning wyvern egg out of the trench.  Have not hatched it yet.

Did the Old Tunnels cave  for the artifact of the gatekeeper.

Found a 135 male Yuty.  Tamed it.  Now looking for a high female.  I would like to have a decent imprinted yuty for the manticore but will go with the one I got if everything else comes together first.  Still have to find a yuty saddle.

Found a 145 male Argent with good colors.  Tamed it.

• Like 1

Transfer over from crystal to genesis real quick to  get my first magmasaur egg and got a 150 135 90 50. Decided to go back to my main server but I choose the wrong server and try to head back to the original server but the timers on the egg keep resetting. Did some research and found out that you can only transfer fert eggs one time from the serv to got it and now I am stuck with this darn eggs on this server. So just gonna try to hatch it real quick and cryo it.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Bred gigas, rexes, allos, argies, gasbags, basilos, and mammoths.

Put eggs in the hatchery. Unpodded argies, gacha, yuties and wyverns for more raising.

Argy hatched - bad. Dad's colors, which are ugly. Killed. Allo hatched - full black (I mean, that's the only outcome, but he got mom's Actual Black back instead of dad's Black back, so he's the better kind of full black), mom's stats, male. So once he's grown I'll be able to REALLY start breeding allos.

Rexes hatched without new mutations. Wyvern hatched with mom's stats. So, killed.

Put on a chibi and went alpha hunting with Phobos, but saw an argent. 135. Female. Full event colors (Powder Blue main, Cyan wingtips, Light Pink underside. Head top and legs, unfortunately, cream, but that can be fixed with some breeding). Had to return to the base to grab the taming supplies. Tamed her, named her Sophani (because colors reminded me of Sophani's Offspring dragon from Dragon's Prophet).

Mammoth born, female, dad's stats, brown belly, but aside from that gray/near black, so that's good. Keeping her. Gasbags born, missed. Wasn't any good anyway, so no big loss. Basilos born - twins! Kept both.

Bred Sophani to Liam, and got an argy with her colors (at least most of them. Forgot to check wingtips) and health and his weight. Don't remember whether male or female, but either way, great for first try.

Also, the missing dimorphodons (except for one) returned. Great.

Podded most things (except for three oldest argies) and logged off. Pretty good day.

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos. Bred rexes and argies.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Tried to get Devourer and Pack artifacts, but didn't find them.

(Official, Valguero) Claimed rexes and argies. Killed argies because all father's colors. Kept two rexes with father's stats, named both Biter.

And... You see where this is going, yes? The plan is to hatch, and keep, and raise with full imprint 17 more "Biters".

Because I realized that if I keep waiting for 400% melee, I'll never get to use my rexes at all. So, sure, I'll keep trying, but in the meantime I'll get an army of 372.8%-s. And I'll make saddles for them (16 already done). And I'll try to do gamma boss fight. 20 Birds In A Trenchcoat will have to be the yuty for it, I'll give her a good saddle, and as much imprint as I can, and I'll level her health a lot, to make sure that everything would at least have a chance of being alright.

Also, bred tropicals (female, mother's colors, kept). And a giga hatched (female, dad's melee, kept).

(Still Official, Valguero) Podded yuties, rexes, allo and the youngest wyvern. Argies left out because they'll be fine and older wyverns - because I'm curious if they'll be fine.

(Official, Crystal Isles) With a GPS (that I sent myself form Valguero, as CI base isn't equipped to craft that) and the artifact coords written down, I found them. I got them. I was flying to get them to a drop or an obelisk so that I can upload them. Server crashed.

Well, at least I now know where to look, so next time it'll be easier to get them. And I was flying high, so my wyvern probably won't try to land, and I'll be able to retrieve him later.

And that's enough ARK for today.

*Oops! Not enough ARK for today. Gotta check on (Official, Extinction). THEN It'll be "enough ARK for today".

(Official, Crystal Isles) Since I woke up anyway, decided to check how things are there. The rollback that made me and my wyvern end up low above one of the floating islands instead of high above Fire Swamp was expected - normal thing after a crash. The sound that greeted me in the moments before the loading screen turns into, well, whatever is actually happening in the game, however, was not.

It was the sound of wings.

Of a wyvern.

My wyvern.

On whose back I was standing.

I repeat: I logged on after a server crash that would have normally caused me to plummet to my death STANDING ON MY WYVERN'S BACK.

Awesome.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved artifacts. So, I have saddles, I have tributes and artifacts, I have a set of armor I'll wear, and I have custom recipes for food I'll take with me. Just gotta hatch and raise my army, level it, and I'll be ready.

Speaking of army: bred rexes again - 2 more Biters.

Also: wyverns were fine. All grown. Bred wyverns, got a mutation! On a blood. Vermillion on main. But, unfortunately, oxygen, so killed. Out of the others I kept three with highest food stat, got them out of hatchery, and left them there to grow by themselves.

Oh, and argents! They grew, and I put them and the older ones in a neat little row. And I already bred them, but, unfortunately, all babies were female, and I don't need any more of that, so I kept one with Sophani's colors and killed the rest.

Did a metal run, and an obsidian run. Made a ton of cementing paste.

And that's all for now. Wow. it was a whole lot of ARK.

Oh! Forgot another thing: the last missing dimorph returned. So, my swarm is all there, all alive. Cool.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(new comment because the old one is pretty damn big as is)

(Official, Valguero) Went to look for a female spino. Didn't find any spinos at all. Decided to take a look at the wyvern trench. Just a look. A quick peek.

Things kinda escalated.

Accidentally did my first ever egg run (outside of singleplayer).

Have 2 ice wyvern eggs in the hatchery now.

Levels 20 and 95, but still.

Hope the colors are nice (by nice I mean, like, white or light blue, or something. I like wyvern colors to match their element).

Also, as I was flying away from the trench, spotted a very dark argent. Only level 50, but dark-dark-dark! Black and gray, mostly gray, but looks pretty much black. Tamed her. Named her Nightmare Shadow. She'll join the ranks of my breeder argies - can't wait to get some argies with her good looks and other argents' good stats!

Decided that since I'm adamant about doing (at least trying) bossfight as soon as I have enough rexes (though judging by soem videos of Valg gamma bossfight with rexes, mine will do fine as long as I'm not too much of an idiot), I'll need a way to get element in a way that doesn't involve bosses. So I overcame my fear of server transfers and hopped over to an Ext server for unstable elem engrams. And the rest of Ext engrams, because why not.

Things went fine. The Ext server lagged a bit while I was transferring out, scared the hell out of me, but I got back to Valg juuuuust fine. And since I'm not planning on using mindwipe tonic EVER again, I won't need to jump servers for engrams again.

Immediately made all full stacks in my dust vault into unstable element. Later will send one of my doeds to my (Official, Extinction) side-base so that I'll be able to get more dust from there.

Level 20 egg hatched. Female, WyvernBlue0 and WyvernPurple1, so, light, cold colors. Named her Aurora and will do my best to raise her.

95 hatched, also female, also light colored, but back is blue. Named Frozen Soul.

Decided to do a second egg run. Got a 150! But Aurora starved while I was away - turned out normal wyverns lose food a lot faster than crystal ones. Will have to watch Frozen Soul and whatever hatches form the 150 closely.

Did my first ever milk run (podded Frozen Soul and picked up the egg first: I don't need any more dead wyverns!). Went fine: there was a public wyvern trap with behemoth tek gates, so my crystal wyvern was able to fly through it just fine. First accidentally got a female and a male trapped, tried to kill the male and killed both, but on second try managed to get a level 25 female trapped.

Knocked her out quickly, got milk, went back to the base... 

And a disconnect happened.

Thankfully, I ended up alive, but I had to get to the base on foot because the wyvern was hovering too high up to whistle even with a spyglass.

And all the milk was on him.

Yeah.

But I managed to get him, and I unpodded and fed Frozen Soul, an made some preserving salt to keep the rest of milk longer.

I'm actually getting kinda tired now, but I want to hatch the 150 today.

Also! The oldest two "Biters" are fully imprinted, younger two are halfway there, and form the last batch of eggs hatched 4 (four!) rexes got the highest stats, so that's 4 more rexes for my army.

Things are going gooood.

150 hatched. Body and belly turquoise, back peach. Not the colors I'd want from an ice wyvern (it's more of a tropical coloration), but surprisingly good-looking. No stat below 20, highest - weight (28 points). Podded him, Frozen Soul, yuty and the younget 2 Biters. Older Biters and crystal wyverns are staying out. Picked up eggs. Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Single Player, Scorched Earth

Looked for a female Yuty.  Found nothing good.

Did a couple caves, now have two of each artifact.

Found a red desert loot drop and got and ascendant scuba tank BP and an ascendant scuba mask BP.  Very nice but don't need them right now.  Put them in the vault for future use.

Took the wyvern to the trench and lured out other wyverns one by one and killed them for talons.  Killed a 180 fire and a 175 Poison in the process.  Looked for eggs by found nothing above level 60 in that section.  Which was disappointing with those high levels flying around.  I will go back soon and check a little further down the trench.  I'm thinking there has to be a good egg in there somewhere.

Hatched the 125 lightning egg I took from the trench last week.  It came out female with no stats to brag about.  Colors are a nice though.  white and a soft lavender-blue.  I put it in a pod.

(Official, Valguero) Bred rexes, argents and wyverns. Gonna breed gachas, too. Unpodded ice wyverns for more raising, did a milk run. Unpodded gacha to finish raising her because, well, it's a black pearl gacha. Better to have that ready.

Yesterdays argent eggs hatched - 1 mutation (but on food. And ugly), 1 male (but father's leg color, I don't need that).

Yuty fully imprinted now.

Installed a second baby fridge for biters specifically (well, and for current yuty and any future yuties). Unpodded and killed some babies that I'm definitely not gonna finish raising.

2 more Biters! That makes it 11 total, with 9 growing at the moment. Things are going great so far. Ice wyverns growing fine too, and the crystal ones are nearly adult.

Finally! A male argent with Sapphire's dark blue AND her dark gray legs. I'll raise him (later, though - right now I'm a bit busy with all the rexes, and the wyverns, and everything) and he'll replace Liam as my breeder male. Also, on a different argy happened another mutation: dark violet on underside (bleh) and, again, it's on food. Killed, of course.

Went to get more milk. Came home with milk and a 190 ice egg.

Wyvern hatched. Male. Colors nothing special: BigFoot4 on main, Dino Light Blue on belly, Dino Light Purple on back. Fits my preference for icy colors for ice wyverns, but more blue and no brown would have been better. But hey! Now that I realized that I'm fine doing egg runs and milk runs, I can just keep kidnapping wyverns until I get the colors I want for breeding. Stam pretty good: 897.8. Melee - 282.2. Health - 5560.5. Weight - 648. So, a nice usable wyvern. High food, enough that he'll be able to eat on is own. That's good.

Podded him, the 150 (named him Topaz Thorn) and Frozen Soul. Podded Biters except for two oldest. Podded gacha. Picked up eggs. Put saddles into the inventories of the oldest Biters.

Logged off.

Remembered that I bred gachas. Well, either I'll remember about it in an hour or so, or it'll be a dead gacha. But it probably wouldn't be a good one either way, so doesn't really matter.

Unpodded biters and wyverns, as well as the gacha and the future new argy breeder. Podded all crystal wyverns except for Dracula, Apocalypse and Lettuce - the ones I actually use. Raised youngest biters and the argy until they could survive without me constantly watching over them. Did a milk run because Frozen Soul demanded milk for imprint and I decided that rather than rerolling I should just get her what she wants (nearly lost Lettuce to a 170 male Ice - damn thing caught me with its breath, robing Lettuce of his only advantage: speed). Oldest biters nearly adult now. Second oldest fully imprinted.

Oldest two grew fully. Saddled both up. Leveled one partially by killing things, got her to over 25 thousand health and over 600% melee, just to see how good she (and by extension the rest of my biters) will be. Podded her and the other one then, to let them get more exp passively. Podded all biters ecept the two fully imprinted juvies. Podded wyverns (after feeding them the milk still in their inventories), Podded gacha. Refilled trough. Picked up giga eggs. Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos