So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

18 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

True , I just hate bugs, and literal constant Karpos. And code they says when you aren’t being attacked, to spawn a bug swarm nearby. 

Yeah, I may try that again first three times I spawned inside a wolf pack tho.. then again, might not play vanilla ark till Gen 2 release, having a good time playing glacius.

kapros are easy to sort out and heres my, have your tame on follow and nuetral, and it can kill the kapro, kapros dont have much health. i have an asc pistol and shotty which can kill a 150 in 3 shots of the pistol, and one shot of the shotty. as for swarms, a torch will easily take care of swarms, that and a capable tame, raptors and their AOE pounce attack are great for swarms. as for the arctic. it really depends on your luck in whats around you when you spawn. i tend to build in high places where stuff cant get me, worse i had to fear was yutys, but without their carnos they are not that dangerous. i tend to just lead it to a theriz and it dies soon after.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Since the cryopods were altered again, a significant part of my day in ARK will be unpodding/repodding everything (except for my two podded aquatic tames, megalodon Ariel (named that because he's ginger and was found on a beach, so clearly wanted to be where the people are) and basilosaur James) so that pods will display correct gender, colors, and status. Not the most fun thing to do, but not the worst. Certainly better than that one time when all pods displayed as "raptors" - that was scary!

Repodded all podded dinos (except for babies. I'll sort that out later, if ever). Went to hunt alpha dinos with my giga Phobos, found none. At some point my computer encountered some sort of error and rebooted. I freaked out a bit too much to write down what error it was, so now that everything seems to be fine I prefer to assume it was "Error: AllOfTheAllos is Outside Of The Base! On best dino! Equipped with best chibi! And there are dangerous dinos around! And yet nothing bad is happening, that must be fixed immediately!".

But after it rebooted, I logged back on, and I was alive, and guess what? Phobos had obsidian, crystal, metal, stone and sulfur on him. Meaning that he fought and killed an elemental to keep me safe. Which, in turn, means that he's The Best Boy and deserves head pats (a real pity that he can't get them - vanilla game needs a "Pet dino" emote like one from Better Dinos mod. Plenty of situations it would be appropriate for).

And now I'm back at my base. I put meat in the troughs, added more fertilizer to the crop plots, loaded beetles up with some fresh poop, accidentally picked up a triangle greenhouse ceiling, wished that whoever is responsible for always pickupable triangle greenhouse ceilings accidentally sits on a cactus, replaced the ceiling. Now I'm waiting for tek rex eggs to hatch. Then I'll fill berry troughs and log off. Side bases on (Official, Crystal Isles) and (Official, Extinction) will wait until tomorrow.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

kapros are easy to sort out and heres my, have your tame on follow and nuetral, and it can kill the kapro, kapros dont have much health. i have an asc pistol and shotty which can kill a 150 in 3 shots of the pistol, and one shot of the shotty. as for swarms, a torch will easily take care of swarms, that and a capable tame, raptors and their AOE pounce attack are great for swarms. as for the arctic. it really depends on your luck in whats around you when you spawn. i tend to build in high places where stuff cant get me, worse i had to fear was yutys, but without their carnos they are not that dangerous. i tend to just lead it to a theriz and it dies soon after.

Cool thanks for tips.. I used to have 5 stego by my base. I led everything into them, eventually two wandered off and two were killed... 

On extinction, I spent a lot of time flying in circles around the snow biome, watching every single snow owl through spyglasses and either murdering it or luring it back to my taming cage. I must have killed so many innocent snow owls, oh my. 😞 The spawn levels were really depressing, I think about two thirds were level 20 and below. I ended up taming 4 owls in total: 2 male 130s, 1 female 120 and one female 135. For now I've had enough of the snow biome, but I might try to find a level 150 one again next week. I transferred the owls over to the island, this time without any terrible accidents.

I also had a scary encounter with a corrupted wyvern, which appeared out of nowhere and started to roast my poor argy with purplish fire. My argy was too slow to get away from the wyvern, and probably had too little melee damage to kill it (altough in hindsight, I think I should have tried fighting the wyvern). I watched in horror as my argie's hit points were going down, down, down, while trying to dodge the fire and also trying to come up with a plan to get rid of the wyvern. In the end, I managed to aggro it onto a wild bronto, and escaped with a very bloodied argy with ~2k hp left of 15k. Ouch. 😐

Spent the rest of the evening on the island, together with my buddy. I was waiting for my argy eggs to hatch, and doing farming / maintenance around the base. I cooked a ton of special kibble, farmed flint, farmed meat for the baby argies, and loaded up our of oil producing gachas with stone, since they had collected a ton of owl pellets that were about to spoil. We now have so much oil, it should last for many months 🙂 I will probably switch to a pair of sap producing gachas next.

With an hour left on the agry eggs, I then got the idea of taming a queen bee. Beehives have been very rare ever since the last event ended, and our achatinas need veggie cakes. And really, how hard could it be? So I mounted our quetzal, put our dire bear on it's platform saddle, and started flying around the redwoods, looking for beehives. My buddy was following me on another flier, watching for thylas in the trees. We found an occupied beehive quickly, but after destroying it, I was not able to feed the queen bee, despite having the correct kibble in the last slot. We followed the queen for a while, but eventually lost track of her. We quickly found another beehive, but I had the same problem as before. My buddy started googling for solutions, while I tried again and again to tame her, without success. Then, the worst thing happened: a ugly, poopty, totally punchable jerk of a pegomastax appeared out of nowhere and stole the kibble. An entire stack of it, because I am apparently a very stupid person and put an entire stack of it into my inventory, despite knowing that I would only need a few. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Buddy and me slaughtered all dinos around us, hoping we would get the kibble back. I even returned to our base and returned on a snow owl, to use its heat vision. But we did not find the pegomastax anywhere. And that was the end of our bee taming attempts. I sure hope the damn pegomastax chokes on the kibble. 🤬

Buddy logged out, and I took care of the argy eggs, which were about to hatch. There were 35 eggs in total, so it was necessary to be selective. All the argies that inherited neither the high weight stat nor a decent amount of hp were led outside of our base and left to starve. Since there were still way too many baby argies left after that, I also killed off those with crappy stamina, unless their color combination was nice/interesting. This still leaves us with 13 argy babies, which is still way more than I wanted, but 10 of those have the "good" stats combo, and I just can't bring myself to kill these off, even if their colors are ugly. I keep telling myself that one day, I'll give them to a newbie
in need, but the truth is that most of those argies will spend their entire existence inside a cryopod. I think I might have a slight dino hoarding problem 😇

• Like 2

12 hours ago, heliantha said:

Then, the worst thing happened: a ugly, poopty, totally punchable jerk of a pegomastax appeared out of nowhere and stole the kibble. An entire stack of it, because I am apparently a very stupid person and put an entire stack of it into my inventory, despite knowing that I would only need a few. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Buddy and me slaughtered all dinos around us, hoping we would get the kibble back. I even returned to our base and returned on a snow owl, to use its heat vision. But we did not find the pegomastax anywhere.

I have had the same experience, only with extraordinary kibble. Totally by accident I found the culprit, strangely he appeared in the tames progressing menu, the one which allowed you to track all your tames until it was patched. 

Seems we pissed of some of the ark gods, since today we suffered another annoying loss. Buddy & me were running the caves on the island, we were planning to do both alpha brood & alpha ape. We were in the middle of the lava cave (south eastern), and debating which way to go - when suddenly my buddy said "woah, I think we're in the middle of a crazy lag spike". Before I could reply, we both found ourselves swimming in a pool of lava. We were caught completely off guard by this, and could only jump around helplessly until the lava killed us. Seconds later, our otters died as well. As we respawned and flew back to the cave, we received the message that our baryonixes had also perished.

I don't think there's anything we could have done to avoid this, as my buddy went back in to see if some of our stuff was recoverable, and she says there was absolutely no way out of that pit, and no way to get to our stuff either. So that's 2 dinos, 2 shoulder pets, 2 ascended saddles, and our equipment down the drain, plus all the work form running a bunch of other caves before the lava cave, as we lost the artifacts. Also, we do not understand how this even happened - normally when we're hit by a lag spike, even if we move we are warped back to our original location when the lag ends. And I'm pretty sure that we were not inside a pool of lava at any time :/

We discussed if maybe we should not have taken our best barys with the ascendant saddles, in order to avoid the loss - but really, what's the point of having nice stuff in the first place if you can't use it because you're afraid of a lag spike or an antimesh bug or any of the other 1 million bugs? Ugh.

Anyway, we took a deep breath afterwards and decided to rerun the upper south cave, and then proceed to do carno island cave and western water cave, so that we could at least fight the megapithecus. There was just no way I was going to set foot into the lava cave again today, I'll probably go there in the middle of the night when nobody is online the next time. The only dangerous part left was the carno cave, but at least if you're hit by a lag spike in there, you don't fall into lava. 😐

The ape itself posed no problem whatsoever. Idk when we're going to do the broodmother. I'm going to breed a bunch of new barys over the next few days, so that we have more spares. That's key with ark: you always need spares of all kinds of dinos. The one thing I'm really glad for is that I left my chibi at home. We had already left the base & were heading towards the first cave, when I turned around and put the chibi safely away.

• Sad 1

On 12/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, AirplaneSlider said:

I couple months ago I had decided not to mess with the ocean again. I soon got tempted to go back and started exploring again. I kinda went on a taming spree. Got myself 2 basilos (1 high lvl). Also somehow got myself a 125 plesio.

That was not easy. I ended up going around just swimming around it. I had a tek helmet, MC chitin shirt, JM flak pants, flippers, and ASC chitin gloves, so I had some good armor. While using a 200% damage MC crossbow, it didn't take long to go out. Sadly, my flippers broke midway while some sharks started eating me so I had to resort to riding my ichty while shooting it.

Anyone who plays on xbox knows the pain of using a weapon and driving a creature at the same time. The creatures never go the direction you want them to when you're using a weapon. If I'm being dumb, pls tell me how to fix it. All is know is while using a weapon the left stick becomes the "steering wheel" and the "gas pedal".

Back to the plesio now, Once it was finally down, I accidently hit it with another arrow :(.  Once I got the the shore and got some prime from an innocent bronto, I started taming. It was at 100% effectiveness so I guess I didn't hit it! Got it tamed at 182, and really happy with its stats! Took it leveling and got some more levels in it. 

IMG_9049.JPG

I can relate with the pain you have. I have these kit from sew misfits which are of patchwork clothing and very helpful for me.

Xbox Island official PvE 

Started to gather building materials, the goal was to have most things ready so I can travel to Ragnarok. 

Lately the island server I'm on has been averaging 30-35 survivors, so lag has been a major issue. This has driven away most of the players who were well established when I started.

I started with a small base in mind a approximate 8x8 metal box with most crafting items fabricator, Smithy and a few fridges.

I left my main character on the island and using my alt character as the one I hope to travel onwards to other servers. On ragnarok I have a newly created main character which does more and more when levelling allows, my alt was useful in building as I had levelled weight and fortitude mainly for my planned SE move. I have gotten my new main character to about level 65 quite quickly. I haven't done anything worthwhile yet but just exploring a new map on a server which has low traffic has been a revelation. To such an extent every time I return to my main base the lag and login problems seem so much worse. 

Most of my time is spent bringing things i never though of in my pre-planning stage. Stuff you cannot live without like dedicated storage boxes.

I think it is a shame you can't unlock Engrams which you own the dlc maps, without physically unlocking them when you are there. Mainly the element creating one on Extinction. 

Looking forward to starting my next post with 'Xbox Ragnarok official PvE'.

Edited by 2OLEgend
Structure
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, heliantha said:

Seems we pissed of some of the ark gods, since today we suffered another annoying loss. Buddy & me were running the caves on the island, we were planning to do both alpha brood & alpha ape. We were in the middle of the lava cave (south eastern), and debating which way to go - when suddenly my buddy said "woah, I think we're in the middle of a crazy lag spike". Before I could reply, we both found ourselves swimming in a pool of lava. We were caught completely off guard by this, and could only jump around helplessly until the lava killed us. Seconds later, our otters died as well. As we respawned and flew back to the cave, we received the message that our baryonixes had also perished.

I don't think there's anything we could have done to avoid this, as my buddy went back in to see if some of our stuff was recoverable, and she says there was absolutely no way out of that pit, and no way to get to our stuff either.

I keep a crossbow loaded with grappling hooks on my hot bar just for this reason.  Even when under the lava you can grapple up to the ceiling and get yourself out.  If you can keep your wits about you and not panic, sometimes you have time to pod your dino before getting out.

• Like 1

After taking a much needed week off, I opened up my single player game again.  It was wonderful seeing all my old friends still parked where I left them about 8 months ago.  Since time stops in SP when not playing, many of the therizinos and a few rexes were still healing from my last adventure into the tek cave.  After healing them up and refreshing the feeding troughs I decided to advance that survivor to SE.  

I packed up some basic items to help me get started (some tools, equipment, materials, etc.) and I took a couple friends with me too (therizino, rex, thyla, and argy).  I am not an expert at jumping around the arks... quite the opposite actually.  I have only done it twice in PVE, and never with gear or tames... so I didn't take anything too valuable.  All gear and tames were mid-level.

Went to the green ob on the island and stripped down to my underwear, transferred all gear and saddles into the data tab, uploaded the four dinos, them myself.  Went to main menu and selected my survivor for SE.  All good so far.

Woke up on SE and made my way to the green ob (yes I did die a few times first, lol.) But when I got to the ob console I did not have any gear in the system.  Luckily the 4 dinos downloaded ok though.  I could not ride them without saddles, so with them all on follow we managed to clear out the immediate area of any danger.  I got to work immediately on picking berries and doing all the little things to get basic tools.  I soon had enough of the right materials to make an argy saddle (which is also a smithy) and progress was pretty easy from there.  I have all 4 dinos with saddles, desert armor, and a good start on a base under the green ob.

I took a break from grinding at one point to just fly around and found a red desert loot drop.  It had a really awesome pair of ascendant fur leggings and ascendant chitin leggings!!!  Just what every desert dweller needs. lol.  I also found in another OSD an ascendant chainsaw BP.  I look forward to playing with that later, but can't justify the mats just yet.

Paused here and reflected how nice it is to play without all the lag and DC issues.

----

PVE island official

Refreshed base, flew up to the blue ob and made a bunch of cryo pods.  Then I podded ALL the dinos I have and put them into the cryo fridge.  I made a bunch of gasoline and tossed it into the generator.  Logged off.  Not sure if I will ever play PVE again with all the frustration I had... but I will refresh once a week until I decide for sure.

• Like 2

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Hatched the dragon egg I had for a while. Named the baby Magmaria. She's a beautiful little dragon. Played around with maturation setting more, to make sure I can get an imprint on her but also have her grow in an okay amount of time, so settled on x8 - that means I'll have that baby dragon turn into a big, mildly (she's only level 5, after all) useful dragon in about 6 hours.

(Official, Valguero) Decided to start refreshing the baby cryopods and found out something unpleasant: while other (a moschops and a quetz so far) things unpod fine, unicorns unpod... Well, also fine, but the now-empty pod gets destroyed in the process so they have to be placed into a new one. Well, I only tried it with the imprinted unicorns, and chops and quetz were unimprinted so maybe that's the thing, so I'll test with an unimprinted unicorn and something imprinted (if I manage to remember what's imprinted among what I have in there) after I return to the base (right now I'm on a meatrun - gotta feed everything, ESPECIALLY basilos).

Dinos fed, more pods tested, and yep, it's just unicorns. Putting them in a new pod doesn't make them destroy the new one too when unpodded from it immediately, but if put in fridge, taken out and unpodded again - bye-bye another pod! So, guess I'm NOT raising pointy horses. Too expensive.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

9 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

I keep a crossbow loaded with grappling hooks on my hot bar just for this reason.  Even when under the lava you can grapple up to the ceiling and get yourself out.  If you can keep your wits about you and not panic, sometimes you have time to pod your dino before getting out.

We had a crossbows & grappling hooks, since I'm a bit anxious about the very last jump before the artifact, and yeah using those would have been the only thing that could have saved us. But what happened there caught us completely off guard, since - from our perspective - we had not even been close to the lava pool - and we wasted the valuable time we had cursing and DILO-ing in voice :/ Next time I'll either go in there alone and be ready to grapple during the entire trip, or bring a rock drake instead of a bary. Although in hindsight, going in there on a saturday afternoon on an official server was probably the biggest mistake.

• Like 1

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Went to get a pair of griffins (Better Dinos mod is used, so they're gendered and breedable on my save). Found a nice, although low-level, mostly black female, and a nicer (a bit less low-level) male with colors that could combine well with hers. Tamed both, and then argents attacked, the female died, and I couldn't revive her using Soul Trap terminal (I think it's because she died almost right after being tamed, and to be reviveable she should have lived through an autosave, but that's just my guess). At least I have the male. And the dragon is growing fine, imprinted, looks like now, with full imprint, she might even be seriously useful instead of moderately so.

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Tamed two female griffins. Stole a second dragon egg (level 10). Found a female unicorn, tamed that, too.

Since I replaced Immersive Flight on my save with the new version (I doubted it at first, but description claimed there's new animations, I can't miss that), I decided to get a pelagornis, so I found one, and started taming, and then a moa nearby turned Shiny and who am I to turn down an Albino Shiny!Moa? So I tamed that as well.

Bred unicorns, hatched dragon egg (male, fortunately), bred griffins.

An eventful day.

Now* just gonna feed dinos on (Official, Extinction) and refresh base on (Official, Crystal Isles) and that'll be all of my ARK day.

*Apparently, not "now" but rather "when the update is done*.

(Official, Extinction) Dinos fed. The only noteworthy thing that happened: a normal wild stego and a corrupted one fought, managed to kill each other at the same time. Well, that's less effort and more meat for me!

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base, checked wyverns' inventories to see how many crystals they have left (over a stack on one, near a stack on other. Won't have to refill anytime soon), put the points they gained into stats, Lilac Wind threw me out of the base with his excited wing-flapping. Returned to the base, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Finished raising first dragon. She's awesome! Very low stamina consumption for flight, even when sprinting. Fast. Hits pretty hard for just a level 5.

Improved relationship with the NPC tribe (Primal NPC mod) I was befriending to "friendly", recruited one of them, he disappeared when fighting a sarco. He apparently still exists, I just don't know where. Recruited the other one. The NPC tribe now has no members because those two were the last left. Tried to make him mount a dino, but he just starts walking somewhere, and that somewhere is not the direction of the dino he was told to mount.

Pretty useless, but I guess I'll keep him anyway.

(Official, Valguero) Went to the swamp for more rare flowers (and some rare mushrooms. Still good on them, but since I'm going there anyway...). Used the theri for that. Got plenty.

Fed dinos, including basilos. Put more flowers in the beehives. Logged off.

• Haha 1

Not much has been happening the past few days. I've been raising a bunch of babies:
- the 13 weight argies I hatched a few days ago
- 5 baryonixes, as replacements for the ones that drowned in the lava cave
- 2 snow owls
- 2 brontos & a mammoth, for no specific reason - I just wanted to see what the babies looked like. Oh boy, bronto babies are really special looking 😁

Also, an extremely generous person gifted me 3 fertilized boss giga eggs. This is amazing - my island server has undergone a HUGE price inflation in the past few weeks, with people asking rather outrageous amounts of tek building parts even for simple stuff. The worst part is, the newbies now think they have to progress to boss fights & element gachas super fast to get element themselves, thus perpetuating this whole mess. Anyway, my point is we would not have been able to afford more than one of those giga eggs without a lot of additional farming.

Since this is my first time raising gigas, I was a bit shocked to see the incubation time. Our "incubation room" ist not separated form the rest of the base, meaning I had to be extra mindful about always closing ALL the doors. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of jerks on the server who would like nothing better than to steal some valuable eggs. If I want to hatch more giga eggs, I'll probably have to build an extra room where I can just throw down the eggs and forget about them for two days.

So today, the eggs hatched. One of them produced twin gigas. Unfortunately, they're all girls, so I'll have to look for a powerful male for mating. But, 4 giga girls is still better than 4 giga boys - at least I can produce more eggs, and finding a breeding partner should not be that hard. (I have a wild 145-tamed male one, but I would like to avoid crossbreeding our new highly mutated gigas with that one) I named all 4 girls after the player who gave me the eggs. Too bad it was a guy :D.

Now I'll just have to get them to juvenile stage without accidentally getting them killed. I've decided to go the extra safe route, just taking them out of cryo in the morning hours, to minimize the risk of a server crash ruining everything, plus I'll just take care of two at a time until they can hold at least an hour worth of food. Such is the joy of playing on an unstable official server :/.

• Like 2

PVE Island official...

Refreshed base and found a Female Ovis walking around the front yard.  Luckily I still had a bunch of stuff in the fridge and garden, so I made a quick veggie cake and tamed her.  I brought her in the house and parked her next to the two dodos.  Together they can guard the house while all the other tames are in pods.  With the Male Ovis I found in the same spot two weeks ago, I now have a pair to breed if I ever play with this survivor again.

PVE SE official...

Hopped on the sabrecat and made a quick meat run and left a few stacks of meat on each of the critters I have there. 

Single Player SE...

Tamed a Doedi, Anky, and Jerboa.  Finished building the main house of the base.  Well, I have the basic structure finished to the point where I can get out of the weather.  It still needs a lot of work before it is a fully functional base though.  

Built a couple forges and made a few metal runs.  Added a smithy, fabricator, and some storage. 

Flew around for awhile and hunted scorpions in the desert for their chitin.  At one point I was flying low over the sand on my argy and I aggro'ed a sand worm.  It snuck up on me and scared the poop right out of my argy... but like a true warrior I turned my level 98 bird around and fought the worm.  I took a beating but stayed high and kept attacking the back of its head to avoid much of the damage.  Eventually it went down and I claimed my first horn. Woohoo! 

• Like 3

It has been awhile since I've been here. Still on CI 836.

I went to 317 and got help killing Rockwell. Got some really awesome masks. When I transferred back to 836 the server crashed and I lost everything. My Reaper I had been leveling for weeks, my mastercraft shotgun, mulitple stacks of ammo. Mastercraft flak set. Everything lost. Sigh. 

A friend of mine gave me an owl egg of the most amazing color. It's yellow/red. Similar to my sun conure irl. I hatched the egg and started raising it. Such a pretty bird. I was raising it with 2 argies and 3 tek rex's. I filled up the trough 1 last time as it was 10 minutes from 100%. I was ecstatic. I went out side to fill another trough and my tribe mate asked me what happened to the owl. I said what do you mean, I literally just fed it and walked outside.

Then I look in the log, it had died. I was literally so infuriated I cryoed the remaining dinos and logged off for the night. I still don't know why it died. It was in a locked metal building with a tek feeder stocked full of meat. It was 10 minutes from 100%. 10.. minutes. This game sometimes. You get something amazing, then something beyond your control happens and you just lose it. For absolutely no reason.

image.png.b4586f99aab52d2debe733d3966a1b49.png

The frustration is real.

• Sad 3

Xbox SP, The Island

In my past couple logins, I’ve been busy stacking yuty mutations until I couldn’t take it anymore and had to do something else 😅. I ended up with a 3 health, 7 melee yuty. Could obviously be better, so I’m keeping an eye out on the eggs that come out in the Colosseum before they all get butchered. 

I named the yuty Achilles and levelled him just under 60 times in the purpose-built colosseum. I then gave him the ceremonial cave mount face paint and took him out for a joy ride. I’ve been saving a nearby alpha carno just for this occasion. 

I’m just as happy with the yuty as I am about my colosseum project. It took no time at all to level up, and the entire structure will work fantastically to breed,raise,imprint, and level the entire theri army. Basically, it was a very successful trial run. And while I was messing around with the yutys, I got better at breeding.  Win!

Now I’m doing loads of research and preparations for the snow cave, all advice is welcome. 

Im not doing that bad in terms of time, either... ~560 (in-game) days. I wasted a lot of time in the beginning learning the game and didn’t consider doing boss fights until much later, so I’m actually pretty happy with the progression since I decided I was going to ascend. It feels good to be (maybe, hopefully) close to my first boss fight. 

Next steps are: finish snow cave prep, run the cave, theri breeding then decide which boss to start with and begin prep for that. 

I hope I’m doing this right

• Like 3

On 2/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, Penguin73 said:

After taking a much needed week off, I opened up my single player game again.  It was wonderful seeing all my old friends still parked where I left them about 8 months ago.  Since time stops in SP when not playing, many of the therizinos and a few rexes were still healing from my last adventure into the tek cave.  After healing them up and refreshing the feeding troughs I decided to advance that survivor to SE.  

I packed up some basic items to help me get started (some tools, equipment, materials, etc.) and I took a couple friends with me too (therizino, rex, thyla, and argy).  I am not an expert at jumping around the arks... quite the opposite actually.  I have only done it twice in PVE, and never with gear or tames... so I didn't take anything too valuable.  All gear and tames were mid-level.

Went to the green ob on the island and stripped down to my underwear, transferred all gear and saddles into the data tab, uploaded the four dinos, them myself.  Went to main menu and selected my survivor for SE.  All good so far.

Woke up on SE and made my way to the green ob (yes I did die a few times first, lol.) But when I got to the ob console I did not have any gear in the system.  Luckily the 4 dinos downloaded ok though.  I could not ride them without saddles, so with them all on follow we managed to clear out the immediate area of any danger.  I got to work immediately on picking berries and doing all the little things to get basic tools.  I soon had enough of the right materials to make an argy saddle (which is also a smithy) and progress was pretty easy from there.  I have all 4 dinos with saddles, desert armor, and a good start on a base under the green ob.

I took a break from grinding at one point to just fly around and found a red desert loot drop.  It had a really awesome pair of ascendant fur leggings and ascendant chitin leggings!!!  Just what every desert dweller needs. lol.  I also found in another OSD an ascendant chainsaw BP.  I look forward to playing with that later, but can't justify the mats just yet.

Paused here and reflected how nice it is to play without all the lag and DC issues.

----

PVE island official

Refreshed base, flew up to the blue ob and made a bunch of cryo pods.  Then I podded ALL the dinos I have and put them into the cryo fridge.  I made a bunch of gasoline and tossed it into the generator.  Logged off.  Not sure if I will ever play PVE again with all the frustration I had... but I will refresh once a week until I decide for sure.

Nice to see you back on the thread,  looking forward to following your SP journey 👍

• Thanks 1

Its not something I did for today but something that I had planned for a REALLY long time, a full museum & its video as follows ...

This video will be a guided tour of my museum consisting of all 21 artifacts, 32 trophy heads & 10 boss flags upto Crystal Isles DLC 2020.

- Artifacts are placed in floor tiles which are color coded based on their map of origin.

- Trophy Heads placement in wall is also according to map of origin
- Flags are placed with respect to each other based on which one will be given to player first according to story lore.

As an OCD completionist, building this gave me a lot of joy. This video & museum is actually the 1st building/part in a series of museums, the others being taxidemy where I am putting up Prehistoric & Fantasy based facts as Commentary.

Edited by Freespirit
  • Like 4