So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

SP Xbox, The Island

I have been breeding Yutys for a few  days now and have learned an incredible amount. I didn’t realize how much space this was going to take, I’ve renovated the breeding area like 3 times. No big deal, though, I like building.

After the novelty of hatching wore off, I got bored and planned and built a gladiator-style coliseum. It’s not just for show, it’s got a triple-purpose. For one, it will serve as a nice place to kill and get rid of all the unwanted yutys that are no longer needed for breeding as well as other useless dinos hanging around. Next, it’s entire floor has a basement with a generator and a/c units (obviously for hatching) and a walkway up top on which to place the last of the female yuty breeders, which brings me to my third purpose, levelling.  I can either choose to keep some good yutys that fall into the pit, but the vast majority will be used to level the keepers. The yuty you want to keep walks up the ramp to fall into the pit, slaughters however many dinos, then leaves thru the gates ready for either the snow save or boss fights. There’s even a platform on which they stand afterwards to get painted, kind of like a rite of passage... not much else to do who left waiting around for timers to go down lol.

I’ve currently got a stack of 2 health, 4 melee on my current breeders. Soo far to go, yet 😟. Current colours are green main body with a red stripe on top, pretty poopy but different I’ll admit. I won’t mind if I get something else 😅

also... I now have an UNGODLY amount of chocolates and candies. Had to make a bunch more storage and fridges 😁 Anybody else go a bit crazy on collecting the event items?

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 11:06 PM, Penguin73 said:

I hit the wall this weekend.  I think all the disconnects, lag, and difficulty logging back in to the game after a disconnect finally got to me.  So much lost lately for stupid reasons.  I am tired of not really progressing.   I checked the console and it said I have over 70 days in Ark in the past year.  That is about 1700 hours... and the last 500 hours felt like I have been walking through mud.  Good days don't really happen anymore.  And my definition of a good day has dramatically changed for the worse.

So, I podded most of the dinos around the base that were not already podded, and I need to go make more pods to do the rest.  I am not ready to fully quit, but I am definitely going to take a break and maybe play something else for awhile. 

I started out playing SP and got as far as defeating the tek cave and ascending but never went further before switching to PVE.  If I play again I think it will be in the SP mode again.  Pick up where I left off.   I mostly play by myself anyway.  Also, there is much less performance issues, and I can come and go when I want.  IDK, maybe I am just done and done.  

Sorry this was so negative.  Good luck to the rest of you.

This event more than i have experienced before was a waste of lags and disconnections. I lost so many eggs and babies to disconnection and log in issues. I haven't got any advice to offer but it would be a great shame if you were to quit, your stories have helped me through my own dark times.

Good luck @Penguin73

Edited by 2OLEgend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cordiste said:

also... I now have an UNGODLY amount of chocolates and candies. Had to make a bunch more storage and fridges 😁 Anybody else go a bit crazy on collecting the event items?

I did get loads of dino candies but very few chocolates, but the few I did collect spoiled before I realised they could spoil 😆

• Haha 1

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Made some small and one medium taxidermy bases, uploaded them, fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, retrieved and installed taxidermy bases (one small and the medium one stayed uninstalled, just in case). Tamed an otter. Male, level 15, that little fur scarf annoyed me almost enough to make him into gloves before I finally managed to tame him.

• Haha 3

The game decided to punish me today :( It started off really well, I logged into extinction and went to look for a decent snow owl. I found a nice lvl 135 female, and was of course super happy since most owls flying around the snow biome are low level. Taming was quick and easy. I then flew around a bit and spotted a male 120, which I also tamed. I brought them back to my base, and logged off. Decided to come back before going to bed - why oh why did I do this, playing for a bit before going to bed never ends well, although this time it really wasn't my fault. Anyway, I decided to move the two owls over to the island, for breeding purposes. I hopped onto my ember wyvern and flew towards the sanctuary (I know there's a city terminal near my base at the sunken forest, but I can never find it...), but as I neared the city walls the game crashed.

I restarted, waited until I could log in again, but the game crashed again. Now I started to get a bit nervous. I restarted my PC, logged in again, and the respawn screen came up. I picked the outpost  at the sanctuary as respawn location, hoping that I could quickly recover my body bag. Immediately, the game crashed again.

I realized there was not much time left to recover the body bag, and the cryopodded owls within it, so I asked my buddy to log in real quick - turns out she had not yet downloaded today's patch :/. I attempted to get into extinction a few more times, without success. I made one attempt at creating a singleplayer game, and running towards the location where the crashes happened: crashed again. At this point I was sure the body bag had despawned. I decided to quit for today. I just hope my ember wyvern is allright. If he stayed up in the air, nothing should have happened to him, and now that I'm offline the damage protection must have kicked in. I hope my buddy can find him tomorrow - or maybe, just maybe, I can get into extinction again myself. I'll have to run an integrity check on the game files, maybe this will fix it. I can visit all of our other bases on other servers just fine, its just the sanctuary that causes problems. But of course, I'll constantly be anxious as long as this issue persists, so I won't do much on the other servers.

Anyway, it's been a long long time since I lost tames to an ark bug. And to lose them on the very same day I got them 🙁 I know many people have lost way more dinos than me, but I really really hate losing tames, no matter how. I normally put cryopodded dinos into the inventory of my flier, just so that nothing happens if I die - but this time, I wanted the transfer timer to go down while travelling to the city terminal.

I'm now really, really tempted to just buy a good snow owl from a breeder on my island server. If only his prices weren't so crazy 😐

• Sad 4

(Official, Valguero) Took down some lampposts on top of pillars, built pillars a bit taller, re-added lampposts (had to add a bit more wires and outlets to power new lamps). Now the light is all WITHIN my base's fence, and reaches a bit farther inwards (though the very middle is still really dark at nights).

Bred mammoths because I intended to play for a really long time, but ended up podding-unpodding halfway through the gestation because I got tired. Raised unicorns and gasbags more. Raised a bit and named all the baby dimorphs I had for a while (there's six of them, and their names are: Dimorphodo, Dimorphodoes and Dimorphodid (females), and Dimorphodon't, Dimorphodoesn't and Dimorphodidn't (males)). Bred allos, a female hatched, right colors, will keep for breeding. Also bred tek rexes, but only partially incubated the eggs.

(Singleplayer, Crystals Isles) Made a feather bait. Went to get a drake. Wanted that one particular, all blue (different shades), level 10 male. Threw bait to challenge him, defeated, started taming, 50%... He fell and drowned. But I really wanted that drake! So I spawned new bait. I spawned new level 10 male drake. I recolored him to the same colors. I challenged, defeated, started, went away for a bit, and he just disappeared. I spawned, recolored, challenged, defeated, tamed... Tamed! Named him Skyclaw.

Brought him home. Don't really count this as cheating, because it's not like I spawned a high-level, or recolored the first one to be nice colors (he was the nice blue when I spawned him a while ago along with other drakes - I even remember lamenting that such nice colors happened on one of level tens that were just there to make getting a drake a bit more challenging). I just took back what was taken from me by drakes' habit of being easily drowning idiot lizards.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 3

Don’t know if this counts, but I worked on a model for my mod, I have most of the animations done now, only need a few of the weird specialized attack ones that said dino cough*insect*cough needs. Soon I will be onto outing it into the game. 

In other news, I finally found a female argentavis. Now I have 7 imprinted argentavis. Time to look for high level ones now, or maybe get some allos, I’m not sure.. anyway, then I used my new birds to get lots of wood for fortifying my base with spike walls.(I live near a deadly area) then I went to look for otters with no luck... did see a spino tho, don’t think I brought enough tranqs for it, so I went home.I came back with more and a wolf to ride, but,  it had despawned.

Thumbs up for allos, hearts for high level breeding pair.

22 minutes ago, Cordiste said:

I wish they would’ve emphasized that you could get the event items from breeding. 1000x faster and easier than fishing imo. If I could share with you I would!!!

Yeah, + I only got two days to play the event(so 3ish ours for me) on an ark I’ve only played 3ish hours before that... this feels like da ja vu..

Started this day's session with a game file integrity check, which took forever and revealed 10 damaged game files. How odd. After fixing those, I finally managed to log into my base at the sanctuary again. I teleported back to the sunken forest, took out another flier, and went searching for my lost ember wyvern. It took a while, but I eventually I found him - quite close to the sunken forest entrance, actually. My spirits lifted quite a bit after getting the wyvern back. Losing the owls sucks, but I was not really that attached to them yet, they did not even have names.

I then decided to work on the outpost I had built in the snow biome, so that I can store everything necessary for taming snow owls there, and park one argy there. The plan is to log in once a day, circle the snow biome once or twice, murder every low level snow owl I see, and hope that a high level one spawns soon. At least those owls are super easy to lure into a cage, and a fast tame without the need for narcotics.

I flew around a bit, but the highest level snow owl I found was 95 - not really what I was after. Instead, I found a level 150 managamr. This was not really what I was looking for, either, but I decided to tame it anyway, after all 150s are rare 😉

Finally, I checked on our base at the island, and let our argies mate. I now have 30 fertilized argy eggs. Soon, I will hatch them all and see if I've got some pretty colored argies with the ultra high weight stat. The not so pretty ones and those with crappy stats will die :(

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Bog, fun? Hold on, I gotta check your brain for bugs...

my friend, some people like a challenge, and dont just wanna sit and cower on a sea stack until they get to metal tier. i love a challenge, one of the reasons why i play ark. 

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Arctic isn’t easy either, but I would say, likely more fun.

yes the artic is not easy, for most, but experienced players can easily survive in the artic when starting off.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

my friend, some people like a challenge, and dont just wanna sit and cower on a sea stack until they get to metal tier. i love a challenge, one of the reasons why i play ark. 

True , I just hate bugs, and literal constant Karpos. And code they says when you aren’t being attacked, to spawn a bug swarm nearby. 

14 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

yes the artic is not easy, for most, but experienced players can easily survive in the artic when starting off.

Yeah, I may try that again first three times I spawned inside a wolf pack tho.. then again, might not play vanilla ark till Gen 2 release, having a good time playing glacius.