So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

My magamasaurs on the island finally reached 100% maturation. Finally! Today I found the time to test them out. I had been super lucky last week, and received an 120 armor saddle from a mission on genesis, so we were ready to go. I was not disappointed. The magma, to me, is way more fun to ride than an anky... Its so much faster, and smallish predators leave you alone. Plus, since its so big & you can stand in its saddle, you can put an argy on follow and easily move the resources to its inventory without dismounting.
I attempted to ride the magma up to the volcano, to harvest some obsidian & crystal, but I did not make it there - I filled my argy with so much metal on the way there that I had to turn around. I think the days where we're in constant need of metal are finally over 🤩. (Of course, the current event helps a lot, with the boosted harvesting :D)

I also saw a gorgeous rex in lavender and dark purple. Those colors look really good on that dino. Unfortunately, the server crashed right after I saw it, and afterwards it was of course gone. If I find the time during the event, I might try to hunt for one with similar colors.

Later, my buddy & me decided we would try to tame a ferox. We went to the ferox cave, cleaned out the polar bears and wolves, and looked for a high level one. We found a lvl 150 male, unfortunately not in event colors, and decided to tame it. The server was lagging really badly, and we had trouble with the whole "grapple to the ceiling" technique - most of the time, the crossbows would not shoot anything, but we still lost a grappling hook each time that happened. After a few tries, the ferox broke our fur armor and killed my buddy. But by that time, we had already fed it several pieces of element, so we really wanted to finish taming it. We decided to move one of our boss rexes next to the ferox, and run to the other side of the rex right after feeding. The transformed ferox would then hit our poor rex' big butt, instead of us. This worked really well, and we successfully tamed the ferox. (In case anyone else wants to sth like this: the rex had a 100 armor saddle and still lost about 15k life during the whole process, so you can't just do this with low level dino and a primitive saddle) Right after we tamed it, a lavender female 130 appeared, but we did not have enough element left to tame it 😕. Oh well.

I then dragged my buddy to the magmasaur cave, in hopes of getting an event colored one. I saw several nice pink and purple magmas in the cave - too bad you can't tame those... But we took several eggs, and I have high hopes for those eggs. My buddy then decided it was enough ark for today, and to go to bed.
I wanted to try one more egg stealing attempt, just a quick one, before also logging off. As always in ark, doing something real quick before logging off resulted in total disaster :D It started with a sever lag that caused me to fall into the lava, righ next to a pissed of magmasaur, and ended roughly 1,5 hours later when I finally managed to safely loot my body and teleport out. I died like 5 times during that time, typically right after picking up my previous body bag. The absolute highlight was when I had to crawl into a magmasaur nest to get close to my body, found a 150 egg in there, and decided I would have it all: I would start the teleport, loot my body and then quickly pick up the egg - after all, what could possible go wrong? - and it would have worked, but when I took the egg the whole nest suddenly despawned from under me 🤨, which has never happened before, I fell into the lava yet again, the teleport was interrupted, and every magma in the cave started shooting fireballs at me.
In the end, there was so much equipment in my body bag that I was completely unable to move after looting it. Good thing the teleport function doesn't care about this 😅

• Like 4

The island server our main base is on is constantly crashing ever since the evetn started. I had hoped it would be better today, since weekend is over, but nope 😕 it crashed right on the second when some argy eggs hatched; I refreshed the server list like crazy and immediately logged in when it came back up, to find my nursery empty. Naturally, I assumed all babys were starved - until I noticed a red font below my feet: turns out the newly hatched argies were still alive, but had somehow sunken into the foundations. So I started to tear out foundations, and in the process, destroyed a few air conditioners as well :/ Still was too late for half of the argy babies - they died just as I was about to claim them. But that's ok, because after checking their bodies, I saw that they had not inherited the weight stat I bred for.  I decided to cryo the survivers and flee from the server, because I could just feel the next crash coming.

On CI, I then flew around looking for a valentine rex or a high level female giga (any colour will do), but all gigas were clearly hiding and all the event colored rexes I saw were extremely ugly, so I had to kill them to put them out of their misery. I then tamed a lavender 150 megatherium, for no special reason - I just liked its color.

Fmagma.png.672765802f9006336702ef6ad5cdf688.pnginally, I went to genesis and put some of those magmasaur eggs me & my buddy stole yesterday into the nursery. I hatched five eggs, and one of them actually is event colored, and also lvl 150 😍.

Now I am more happy than ever that I farmed up all those mats for a nursery + tek through on genesis last week, because with my island server constantly crashing, I sure would not want to raise that magma over there. Meanwhile, the genesis server has been surprisingly stable...

• Like 5

Island PVE official:

Hatched two more therizino eggs.  Pulled the other therizinos out of pods and let all 7 mature as much as possible.  However, after several crashes and incredible lag I decided to put them all back into pods.  

I took the beaver out for a berry run and found an ovis standing inside my walls.  Tamed it.

Scorched Earth PVE official:

My sabrecat has proven to be such a valuable partner.  She is now level 210 and can handle all the other sabres, wolves, terror birds, thorny dragons that come my way.  I am not about to face her off against anything bigger though if I can avoid it.  She is black on black and I named her Cocoa.  I am not setting you up for drama here, I just wanted to give her some kudos.  She has been by my side for a good week now and has saved my bacon so many times already.  In a rare scenario where I am actually trying not to acquire too many tames at this point... adopting the nomadic-travel-lite attitude... she has been a perfect fit.  And with that being said:

While out riding Cocoa last night I found and event colored Jerboa and decided it was finally time to tame one.  It is a purple / pink color and I have not named her yet.

Then this morning after coming back from my morning walk I found 3 moths flying around my house.  They were all low level but I said what the heck.  I could use a flyer of any kind right now.  So I bolo'd the first one to land.  It was only a level 10 but it has enough weight to carry me as long as I don't try to carry anything else... so no metal runs in the near future, lol.  But I will just dump all the levels into weight and use it for scouting.  When I ride it I kind of feel like one of those big dudes you see on funny videos riding a moped.  Ahh, good times.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. (yes, not eventful. The side base news are mostly just for me to see later, so that I can know how much time passed since they were last visited, as otherwise I'd forget about them for over a week, like it happened to my Scorched Earth side base)

(Official, Valguero) Bred everything. Missed allos (but they weren't right anyway - wrong back color), velonas, and managarmr (now that's a pity - judging by the level, it had better of the possible stats). Made a bunch of rex saddles for another player. Replaced narcotic box with a narcotic vault. Started raising a gasbag and unicorn twins, but notification about the update came, so I podded them, picked up the rex eggs, and now just gonna wait until the update is done.

Rexes hatched. All bad. Killed. Wyverns hatched. No good. Killed. Gacha born, black pearls, growing. Gasbags born, female, growing together with the previous one and the unicorn twins. Unicorn female less than an hour away from adding yet another member to my pointy horse herd. Wyverns from the previous breeding growing fine, juvenile already and their food is still pretty high. Imprint soon.

Unicorn born. So, that's 6 unicorns. Podded all babies, picked up eggs, logged off. Will breed unicorns tomorrow again - I want all the pointy horses!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Island PVE official:

Logged in, took me 5 minutes just to walk through my bedroom door because of lag.  Server crashed twice before I could walk over to the therizinos.  Female was ready for breeding again.  Put food in troughs while waiting for egg to drop.  Added that egg to the fridge. Server continued to have issues.  Logged off, frustrated that this seems to be the new norm.  It shouldn't be this tough to do basic stuff.

Scorched Earth PVE official:

Saddled the new moth and went out for maiden voyage.  Immediately saw a yellow drop.  Flew over and It gave me a MC moth saddle. LOL.  Flew around the local area for a few minutes, found an explorer note and put on about 15 levels (all into weight).  Found myself near my original base and grabbed a few light-weight supplies before heading home.  Put things away and logged off.  Looking forward to further exploration tonight after work.

Xbox SP, The Island

On 2/14/2021 at 2:51 PM, Penguin73 said:

PVE Island official:

Like everyone else, I have been raising babies the last couple days. 

15 rexes hatched and in the juvenile stage.

I was not looking but found a 135 F yuty.  I tamed her up and then bred her with my high-health male.  Got twins, 1 M and 1 F.  Sweet.  Babies are now 20% mature. @Cordiste sorry, not trying to rub that in.  haha.

Therizinos have been slower than I wanted.  I have hatched 3 and have one more egg in the fridge.  However, the server has been so lagy that the countdown timer for breeding the female (my only female) again seems to take forever.  An 18 hour timer will actually take closer to 25-30 hours right now.  Eh, it is what it is.

I finally met up with my friend and she gave me a baby basilo.  Then a second one was born right away and she let me claim that one too. Bonus!  They are both male but I am okay with that.  And I spent most of my time at her water platform raising them this weekend.  The water platform was built with floor and walls and is closer to a fully enclosed swimming pool than anything else.  I even brought the rexes with me and had them all lined up around the perimeter of the platform at various times.  Then at one point when the basilos were about 50% mature the game crashed.  Luckily I had the rexes podded at that moment because the game was acting funny.  10 minutes later when I was able to log back in I found myself in the water (as expected) with the basilos (my two babies and the adult breeding pair belonging to my friend).  Anyway, the platform structure took an exceptionally long time to load in... and a shark that could be seen in the distance then swam towards us.  I kept thinking the pen would spawn in but it didn't.  As the shark got closer the adult breeding pair had another baby at that moment.  Of course the shark went for the newborn baby.  The baby swam away and the shark followed.  The structure finally loaded in but not before the newborn and shark fled the area.  I couldn't stand by and watch so I climbed out of the water pen and jumped into the open ocean.  I swam after the shark and baby and luckily then swam toward shallower water.  I surfaced a few times for air along the way.  When I caught up to them the baby was already bloody.  I took out my sword and started whacking on the shark.  Eventually the shark died.  And I was left with a very bloody and barely alive baby basilo... but it was alive!  I then claimed it, podded it, and took it back to the pen and fed it to help it heal.  My friend (offline at the time) later let me keep that one too.  So now I have 3 basilos in the 280-285 range with wicked awesome stats... 2 males and 1 female. 😄

PVE Scorched Earth official:

I went to SE when island lag made the game unplayable.

Made another trip with my sabrecat to my second hut.  Took some supplies with me and built a 2x2 adobe house.  Added the basic amenities and will make it my new temporary base.  I plan to eventually transfer all my supplies to this base then leap frog north again.  I would also like to get an argy while here if possible.  I have seen a couple in the distance.  That is now on my to-do list.

Not a problem, because in the past week, I finally, FINALLY found two high(ish) levels. They aren’t anywhere near max level, but I also have yet to see anything higher, so I’ll settle. 

Yesssss... finally have my boss and snow cave cave mount. I’m in the process of breeding now.

Since losing my basilo in the cave, I felt really demoralized. I really didn’t feel like yuty or theri breeding (I’m also new to it which sucks) so I started doing feel-good tasks around the base. Things I could easily accomplish that would make my life instantly better;

- I killed all my egg-laying dinos, destroyed the pen and made one especially for yuty egg farming. I never thought I’d be DROWNING in special eggs lol. 

- I went to slaughter some penguins and made a huge amount of really good ghillie armour. 

- I redecorated the house and made room for breeding indoors

- I made extra cryofridges and cryopods so I can more easily separate and organize my dinos. Also cleared up the house by putting lots of dinos into cryo.

Then I started to get bored. So I made gunpowder. Still bored, so I made various types of ammo.

Then, there I am, stashing things into my caving vault, and I say SCREW IT.  WE’RE DOING A CAVE! I needed a pick-me-up after losing basil. So I picked a cave I knew I was good at, the lava cave, and crushed it. No drama 😄

One could say I was on a roll, because after getting back from the lava cave, I immediately started loading up gas masks. Yup, I was gonna try the swamp cave again. I got the artifact last time, but barely survived.

After re-supplying, I grabbed my best argy and headed south to the swamp cave. While flying over the mountain in the redwoods, I spot an alpha rex. I take him down with the argy and while I’m picking through our inventories to drop stuff, I get THYLA’D. Oh. My. God. I’m about to lose my best and only imprinted argy, I’m thinking, as I stood there stunned. I whistle furiously to my bird to attack, and together we kill the thyla. In the chaos, I hadn’t realized that a saber had also joined in. So we kill that too but at this point I’m so hurt that I can’t move. Whistle, whistle, whistle for my bird to come get me, but he keeps missing and there’s a pack of allos is headed my way. On Merlin’s 5th pass over my head I finally manage to actually mount him, and we escape. 

So all in all, a pretty good series of events compared to my last post. I got 2 spare artifacts, some blueprints, a spare MC rifle which was nice and a few levels on my caving bary, Ghillie. Ghillie earned himself a painted saddle so I spent some time making it just right. 

Quite literally the only thing I have left now is breeding. There is nothing else in life for me right now but getting this done. I could try a boss fight if I had an army. I could try the snow cave if I had an imprinted yuty. 

It’s time to get good at breeding. 

Edited by Cordiste
Typos
  • Like 2

I play solo on mobile and today I tamed a male 45 sarco to breed with my two females 167 and 20. I also tamed a 135 megaloceros that is OP with 1980 health and can three shot a medium level sarco. Also tamed up a diplodocus and am working on getting the resources to make its saddle. Also tamed a high level trike. I took the diplo on some metal runs b/c I haven't tamed an anky yet. Got almost 600 metal. Took my 167 sarco on a hide run and it absolutely destroyed. Overall a very productive day.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Bred managarmrs, gasbags, unicorns and gachas.

Went for a meat run. Bred gigas, tek rexes, wyverns, argents and allos.

Put meat into the troughs.

Put eggs into the hatchery.

Took yesterday's dinos out of the fridge to continue raising them, and a few dinos I had for a long time and never finished raising, too (for example, my bright orange velona Carrot, which I podded to avoid her growing too quickly for me to imprint, and then sorta forgot).

Imprinted wyverns, fed a baby mantis, newest unicorn, and 2 baby argents until juvenile, named them (unicorn is Cloud, mantis is Leaf, and argents are Blue and Cassie).

Tek rexes killed all execpt one, which is female, with a stam mutation. I don't care much for stam on rexes, but she was born with dark gray lights, so I'm keeping her for colors. Allos wrong again. Argent good: female, blue. Giga with wrong melee, killed. Wyverns with bad stats and look same as the ones already growing, killed.

Missed the gasbags, which is too bad because they were triplets and had a mutation. Nearly missed managarmr. Gacha male, oil and black pearls, killed because the one I'm raising is also black pearls, I don't need two black pearl gachas (technically don't even need one, but better have pearls and not need them, than need and not have them). Unicorn... Well, I don't remember. Doesn't matter. It's an unicorn, they all get to live.

Podded everything I was raising, picked up remaining giga eggs, logged off.

Oh, and also, looked around the base for a nice event colored diplo (I collect them. One from each event), but none looked any good. Gotta keep looking, I want to add a fifth diplo to my collection.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Last night after work... PVE Island official, tried to log in... took forever... finally got in... was booted immediately! 🥴  So much that I wanted to accomplish during this event with therizino army, rex army, and basilos.  And now the event is basically done and I have very little to show for it.  I hate to think about it but I really need to consider moving to another server.  Even if I manage to get my rexes and therizinos raised to adults, I cannot trust the server to hold up long enough to attempt a boss fight and not have it crash.  Heaven help me if I ever think about the tek cave in this state.  It's just too much work and time to throw away on a stupid disconnect.  

On a better note.  I switched over to PVE SE official.  I was so excited to fly around on the lymantria (moth) that I tamed yesterday and finally see the world beyond the hills and mountains.  I took a tent, a tiny bit of food, and the jerboa.  I even repaired my clothes to look good for the flight. lol

We headed north from camp and flew up towards the blue ob.  It didn't take long to realize I can't fly too far without resting.  So I took the strategy of just going from one rock to another, never touching the ground if I didn't have to. My eyes were constantly scanning the skies and ground for potential dangers because I new one good hit is all it would take to ruin my day. We made it to the blue ob and to my surprise it was not overcrowded.  In fact, much of the valley was open and my original assessment of a crowded and pillared valley was changing.  I made many mental notes of potential base sites along the way. 

After the blue ob I turned left at the desert and made my way up to the NW corner.  I was very happy to see a well made base there with a tribe name matching that of my friend.  And even happier to realize I was not at the business end of a good prank.  I spent a few minutes looking around the place but nobody was home.  Then I took off to the SW and flew into the mountains.

The mountains were crazy with wild dinos everywhere.  Lots of rock elementals, carnos, and sabre cats sitting on just about every rock face or ledge that I wanted to rest on.  Also, there were plenty of argies and wyverns in the area to make life on a moth very interesting.  I felt like a secret agent weaving in and out of the nooks and crannies so they didn't see me.  My knuckles were white as I held the steering wheel very tight for most of the ride home... but I did make it... technically.  I landed on the top of the house but before I dismounted I saw a yellow OSD descending just a short distance away.  So I flew over and it gave me a water-well thing and a saddle for something I probably won't tame on SE.  On the way back home I got ambushed by a bunch of flying ants, but I was now too heavy to run away.  I tried to use the fart attack but it did nothing to stop them.  Very soon the moth was out of gas and falling to the ground. 

I would like to say I hopped off the moth and squashed the ants with my boot or that these ants were larger than normal and had tattoos and were riding harley's.  But that didn't happen.  I died to an ant. [hang head in shame]

Luckily I was close to the base.  I logged in and grabbed the cat and together we defeated the wild, angry horde of ants (only two).  But to add insult to injury, those two ants also killed the moth and jerboa.  Craziness! But I had fun.

• Like 2

On the island, things seem to have calmed down a bit. The sever did not crash today, so I hatched some more argies. I caught a really cool lavender, purple and green lowlevel argy last weekend, and I want to get a combination of the color scheme & my weight argy's stats. I also have one nice looking blueish argy from the christmas event, and I want to combine that color scheme with my weight argy stats well. I collected 22 fertilized eggs in total and hatched them all today. I did manage to get twins with a combination of the purple color scheme & the weight stat, but the other stats are extremely messed up. I kept them because they can still be useful to haul stuff around inside the base, even if I'll never take them for a ride because of their non-existant stamina. I did not manage to get any blueish argies with decent stats. Most of the babies inherited the cyan-pink color scheme of my weight argies, which I personally find incredibly ugly (many people on my server are fond of cyan-pink dinos, which boggles my mind), or a combo of pink & other colors. I left a lot of argy babies to starve :(

I then checked the magmasaurs on genesis - they have reached juvenile stage, so they can be left alone. Upon logging in, I received the message that my character was killed by a daedon. DILO! I was sure I had logged out in my base, next to the fridge. I was rather scared, fearing that the daedon might have harmed my precious magmasaurs. Indeed, when I respawned, there was a daedon in the middle of my base (inside of the closed building, I mean). It definitely was not there when I logged out, I would remember if there was pig in my kitchen 🤨. Luckily all my dinos were unharmed, and I quickly disposed of the daedon. Then I discovered that that I had not left a body bag behind. Again, DILO. This is annoying, as I had a set of rather expensive fur armor in my inventory which is gone now. Upon checking the tribe log, I found that the same daedon had also killed my buddy's character, which also had not left a body bag. I made a mental note to remove all valuable stuff from my inventory when logging out, and collected some ambergris.

Later, I dragged my buddy to the rock drake trench on aberration. With the event nearly over, I wanted to collect some rock drake eggs, hoping for event colors. Somehow, on the way down to rock drake land, my buddy managed to lose the entire inventory of her rock drake without realizing it (I assume she hit drop all at some point, although I do not understand why or how :/) We noticed this once we reached the rock drake area, and by then, it was way too late to do anything about it. This caused the loss of several sets of hazmat gear, and also of our two water bottles and extra food, which meant we had to cut the expedition short.
However, we still managed to steal a few eggs in the 180-185 range, and I will hatch them soon.

We then spent the rest of the evening running around on aberration, looking for glow-in-the-dark dinos with pretty colors. I found the prettiest stego I've ever seen, and it was a high level one, but some jerk o a managamr just had to run up to me and kill it. This is the 5th or 6th time that happenend to me, and its always some jerk on a mangamar who lands next to me, sees me standing next to an event colored dino and decides 'hurr durr must kill wild dino with ice breath' and then jumps away without even harvesting it. At this point, I no longer think its an accident :(. We then tamed 2 doedicuruses, 1 iguanodon, 1 stego and 1 shockingly pink spino. We named the spino "loverboy", and although its only level 5, I will soon let it mate with all of our female spinos :D

• Like 2

Xbox Island official PvE 

This event was a mixed bag, tried fishing, taming, breeding, farming and lots of raising.

Fishing.

Sorry not for me found it a boring waste of time. Good if you wanted low level saddles and chibis.

Taming. 

Losts of otters albeit only one event; really low level, but a nice edition to my growing collection. Tamed a really low level giga, just to get a tick in my dossier. I had read before hand that their tamed stats had been nerffed previously a 80k health 100% melee behemoth turned into a 30k hp with 35% melee 😂. Late last night flying back to home to log off spotted a Alpha Carno in one of my ramp traps. Easy kill, weakened with my rex and finished with my crossbow. But my luck didn't end there a event pig was stuck in the same place. Now I nearly always carry a featherlight set for max creatures. I didn't this time due to the annoying tek helmet setting/ unsetting and shoulder pet throwing into oblivion mini-game. But I digress, the daedon was unusually event and level 150. Not a perfect tame due to the extra shocking tranq dart as it was felled. Coupled with the fact that my rex had inadvertently chewed it in the Alpha Carno battle and my new method of exclusively using exceptional kibble it was instantly tamed. I use only exceptional kibble as my deino and yuty egg farm has been running in over time due to event rates. 

Breeding.

Mostly failed at everything, missing hatching timers and the strange egg disappearances. Firstly I'm going to explain my hatching room layout, just to rule out any blame on my part. I have 16 air conditioning units on a dedicated generator in a 4x4 block underneath a one high ceiling. The above ceiling is the floor of my hatching area, I have a high level perfect tamed dime (dino ac unit) with all levels into melee. It has been ages since I have lost any eggs since I set this up. Theft is a no go as well as the room is accessible by a tek door air lock and the eggs weren't any where near an exterior wall. The losses were eye watering to say the least, 18 giga eggs in total were lost, but not hatched, at various ways through their 16hrs hatching time. As I hatched in batches a few disappeared when I was offline but most when I was away from base. The only saving grace was my otter yield of 12 souls all around the 90-180 level. Some of them inherited their fathers high food stat which made them so easy to raise. An otter with a 1600 food stat is awesome 👌

Farming.

I maxed out a lot of my dedicated storage boxes wall with the usual fiber, hide, thatch, etc. I also utilised the three forges I had build previously on metal mountain to good effect.

Raising.

The usual suspects otters, owls, gachas, gas bags and yutys mainly for trade. I managed to get some nice water tames going as well but as my ocean pen is very full most were podded at the 10% mark.

All in all a highly enjoyable event; Coupled with the fact I was off work for most of it and no major server distributions.

Tl;dr love evolved event winner.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Went to tame a high-level female mammoth, as dark as possible. Tamed a high-level (130) female mammoth, dark gray almost everywhere, and what's not dark gray on her is dark gray (even black, in one case) on Atlas, so I can get some nice dark mammoths out of them once there's boosted breeding again.

After that took kibble, 2 pods and went to tame a pair of yuties. Saw a nice 140 male. Tried to tame. He ran. Ran. Ran. 55 darts left, most were missed. Decided to tame a lower level. They all got themselves killed on pigs and stuff.

Returned to the base with no yuties. Next time will take more darts (like, 300) and Phobos instead of Lettuce, to be able to clear the area of distractions easier. And that's all I did today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Xbox SP, The Island

Happy times at the Hidden Lake base. I buckled down and got better at breeding for mutations. I started by messing around with some sabers, I wanted a better small caving dino so that seemed like a good place to start. I’m glad I did, because I certainly made some mistakes along the way. 

While I waited around for timers from go down, I did metal and meat runs, got OSD’s and did some more renovations. 

Then I got to the yutys. I was very intimidated at first, but I was smart enough to keep the original parents. I’m glad I did, too, because I made some more mistakes in that breeding line. But, I’m currently sitting at 1 Health and 3 Melee mutations on my snow cave/boss fighting yuty line. I’m pretty proud, and now that I’ve kinda got the hang of things I’m actually having some fun. It’s a good time to “get into” breeding too, with the Valentine’s event going on. I’ve been getting lots of chocolates and candies. 

I experimented with the candies a bit and was really pleasantly surprised at some of the colour combos. On some of my dinos, I wish the colours were permanent. 

I also built an incubation/hatching room with the a/c units under the floor, which I’m pretty proud of. I have 5 yuty females, so I collect like 10-15 eggs in the fridge then hatch em up at the same time then use one of the sabers to harvest the unwanted ones. Pretty slick! Can’t believe I waited so long to get started on this. 

Edited by Cordiste
  • Like 2

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, refilled hives with flowers (they already started losing health. I should check my bees more often.), found out I forgot to disable mating on the male gasbags (female was pregnant. Had to pod-unpod, I'm not in the mood for waiting until she gives birth) and on the male unicorn (female was on cooldown, meaning there was a baby unicorn, which I missed. Pity.).

• Like 1

This is my first time posting on this thread. I've read it many times and decided to add my diary of events :)

Log in refresh base and surrounding structures, Go on a meat run with my main giga Ghost, he loves to go find brontos!

( yes my sister and I give our dinos personalities ❤️ )

We brought back his weight in meat and filled the troughs and then I got berries on our bronto Gloria.

( we keep them separate because Ghost will drool all over Gloria even though he can't munch her up. :D )

I then put the water babies back out to grow some more. Basi babies, tuso babies, Ichthy babies and a few plesi babies.

Then I bred our female otters. We've always loved otters but my obsession has gotten worse lately ❤️

Waited the 8 hours and came back and birthed them, except for the 8 I missed and bred late.

Came back another 2 hours later and birthed the last ones. By this time it was 1am and I had to sleep. Work was in 5 hours.

I took a pic of the last little otter because she was just SO freakin cute. It even looks like she made a little

I love you heart with her paws..

I know she was just eating but it is still precious. So that is what I named her My Precious.   Since her father is named My Love  😍😍

That is all we did yesterday.

Keep on Surviving! All the best Sativa of Arkane Lore.

my precious.jpg

Edited by Sativa420
added pic
  • Like 2

Today I  decided that was finally time to hunt for a decent snow owl. We have some, just to have access to their pellets, but they're all low levels. I want to raise rock drakes on other servers than aberration, and I need a better snow owl for healing, since transferring nameless venom off aberration sucks. (I start separate chars on different servers -> no access to  transmitters 😕).

So I visited our little base on extinction, and started by crafting the parts for a taming construct. I flew over to the snow biome, and luckily found a spot to place the taming cage & a small 2x2 outpost, with beds & a campfire. This particlar server is pillared like no other server I've ever seen, so I was really happy to find such a good spot.

After building the taming pen, there were zero snow owls around. I did however spot a managamr hovering a short distance away. I wanted to test if the managamr would also fit into the cage - and how a mana behaves if you attack it, since I have zero experience with them - and fired a test arrow at it. The managamr completely ignored me. So I ran up to it and fired more arrwos -> zero reaction. After standing right below it and firing a bunch of arrows directly at its belly, it suddely dropped unconscious - right where it was, floating in the air. DILO! I took out my spyglass and checked its level: 110. Well, crap, because that meant I now really wanted to tame this thing, as 1) we dont have one yet and 2) anything higher than 100 seems really rare on extinction. So, snow owl plans = cancelled, I was going to tame a weird looking flying dog thing instead.

I checked the dododex for its preferred food, and found that we did not have the necessary kibble, nor any of the other food sources that would tame it quickly; So I contacted my buddy and told her about my taming plans, and that I really needed her to transfer some exceptional kibble over from our main base while I was going to figure out how to actually feed it to the the mana - since it was still hovering in the air, completely out of my reach.
I grinded up the mats to build a really long wooden pillar with a platform on top, with some ladders to climb up. While standing on the platform, it was possible to interact with the managamr. By the time I was finished, my buddy had arrived with a stack of exceptional kibble, and I shoved it all into the manas inventory. Since so much time had passed, it was tamed pretty much instantly, yay! But that's when the real fun began, because instead of landing, as I had expected it to, the damn thing started to just... float up, up and away. :/
I whistled like crazy, but this did not help. The mana just hung in the air and rose upwards, like some weird balloon animal. My buddy also whistled, and it did not help one bit. I feared what would happen once it reached the sky border - maybe it would be instakilled? Plus, there was still the entire stack of kibble inside its inventory.

After flying around for some minutes and being really, really weirded out by this behaviour, we decided that we would not give up on our newest acquisition. My buddy would guard the mana, while I was going to fetch a quetzal+platform saddle from our main base. I hoped I would be able to cryo it while standing on the platform. I also brought a managamr saddle along - if the cryopod did not work, maybe I would be able to saddle it & jump onto its back... By the time I came back with the quetzal, my buddy & the mana had left the snow biome. The mana was no longer drifting upwards, but was moving towards the eastern map border. I circled it on the quetz, trying to get into a good position to use the cryopod. Unfortunately, this did not work, even after multiple attempts, as the mana just moved too much. However, at some point I managed to get close enough to put the saddle onto the mana. So now all I had to do, was to somehow mount it. It took another ten minutes of flying around the floating managamr, trying to find a good position, carefully balancing on the quetz' wing, but in the end, I did it - I suddenly found myself on its back.

I just had time to notice the "out of stamina" debuff on the mana, then we both were plummeting towards the ground. Now falling from that height with great speed actually gave me a bit of a scare, which does not happen often any more in this game. I had no idea if the mana would take fall damage in this rather unusual scenario: if it did, it was 100% going to die. But, zero fall damage was taken, and buddy & me could finally cryo it & fly home.

And that is the story of how we got our first managamr 😅

(P.S. after logging off, I researched a bit about managamrs... apparently what happened with ours is a well known bug. I wish I had known about this before I tried to tame one 😉 Oh well.)

• Like 2

I hit the wall this weekend.  I think all the disconnects, lag, and difficulty logging back in to the game after a disconnect finally got to me.  So much lost lately for stupid reasons.  I am tired of not really progressing.   I checked the console and it said I have over 70 days in Ark in the past year.  That is about 1700 hours... and the last 500 hours felt like I have been walking through mud.  Good days don't really happen anymore.  And my definition of a good day has dramatically changed for the worse.

So, I podded most of the dinos around the base that were not already podded, and I need to go make more pods to do the rest.  I am not ready to fully quit, but I am definitely going to take a break and maybe play something else for awhile. 

I started out playing SP and got as far as defeating the tek cave and ascending but never went further before switching to PVE.  If I play again I think it will be in the SP mode again.  Pick up where I left off.   I mostly play by myself anyway.  Also, there is much less performance issues, and I can come and go when I want.  IDK, maybe I am just done and done.  

Sorry this was so negative.  Good luck to the rest of you.

• Sad 3

this is gonna be a doozy. so i finally managed to get genesis on my PS4, even tho fate seemed determine to prove otherwise. i loaded in the map for the first time, crashed. This happened 4 more times before i finally loaded into the bog, i died and decided to respawn in the arctic, crashed. so i reset my world, made a ne character and started again. i spawned in the bog and made my way to the dodoball mission, there i slowly made a makeshift wooden base surrounded by spikes. i tamed a raptor, it got kaproed, tamed another, it got kaproed, this went of for some time. i'd tame a raptor, and it'd just get grabbed by a kapro and run off with it. i finally managed to tame 4 decent lvl raptors, 150, 150, 145. the 130 had no good stats and was a nice blue, so i made it my main. after spending a good hour leveling it, i managed to get it to 300 weight and just over 2000HP, hopefully it'd survive a trek through the bog. while out, i came across a pack of 3 high lvled parasaurs. tamed em all up and i made them pack mules. i found a good metal spot nearby. took the paras and the raptor out to get some, came back with all tames just able to move. after i got to flak armor and primitive guns. i prepped for a trek to the arctic. i planned to establish a base there. i plan to do that next time i play. my plan is to tame a saber or something more viable for long distance travel. something that can carry a decent amount, can handle itself without nearly dying, and fight back. might go for a bear if i find a good one.

• Like 2

I haven't done anything today yet, but the plans for (Official, Valguero) are to: kill things, hatch eggs, kill things that hatched from eggs because they barely ever are the way I want them, maybe alter the house somewhat (but only in the way that won't require taking down too much, because I don't feel like making new fridges and/or new taxidermy bases (would have to use my Ext survivor for that, as I don't have the engram/bp on my main)). Maybe a metal run. Definitely some fiber gathering. Possibly will go get more rare flowers.

And after that I'll maybe check if my (Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) save still works. I've heard some stuff about SP saves corrupting, but maybe mine is fine thanks to me not touching it during Love Evolved.

(Official, Valguero) House alteration: successful (but ended up destroying taxidermy bases. Oops).

Eggs: only gigas (ones left from Love Evolved).

Wanted to tame an otter, killed a salmon, went to get it, disconnect. Damn. No otter for me. After I respawn (because I definitely drowned), I'll just fill troughs, pick eggs up, and that'll be it. Shouldn't have planned anything. It never ends well.

Went to retrieve my death inv and my allo. Got things, and disconnect again. At least I was on the shore this time.

Dinos fed, eggs picked up, bees given even more flowers, and I'm done wit ARK for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

this is gonna be a doozy. so i finally managed to get genesis on my PS4, even tho fate seemed determine to prove otherwise. i loaded in the map for the first time, crashed. This happened 4 more times before i finally loaded into the bog, i died and decided to respawn in the arctic, crashed. so i reset my world, made a ne character and started again. i spawned in the bog and made my way to the dodoball mission, there i slowly made a makeshift wooden base surrounded by spikes. i tamed a raptor, it got kaproed, tamed another, it got kaproed, this went of for some time. i'd tame a raptor, and it'd just get grabbed by a kapro and run off with it. i finally managed to tame 4 decent lvl raptors, 150, 150, 145. the 130 had no good stats and was a nice blue, so i made it my main. after spending a good hour leveling it, i managed to get it to 300 weight and just over 2000HP, hopefully it'd survive a trek through the bog. while out, i came across a pack of 3 high lvled parasaurs. tamed em all up and i made them pack mules. i found a good metal spot nearby. took the paras and the raptor out to get some, came back with all tames just able to move. after i got to flak armor and primitive guns. i prepped for a trek to the arctic. i planned to establish a base there. i plan to do that next time i play. my plan is to tame a saber or something more viable for long distance travel. something that can carry a decent amount, can handle itself without nearly dying, and fight back. might go for a bear if i find a good one.

Just wanna mention Kod, ocean is the easiest biome. Teleport till you find a pillar with lots of stone, trees, maybe some metal, and make a base there.