So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I woke up handcuffed to a raft, by the same aimbotters/esp that wiped our duo base on 6 man 2 weeks ago. Lost the two crabs I had tamed the night before in obb. Was all I had. Back to square one. All because we scouted one of their allies on their home server in 6 man as a duo. So while we play this poop ass game legit, like some raptoring bobs, some raptoring degenerate kid with potato chip crumbs on his chest and his 5 buddies, are making it their mission to ruin our experience, with exploits. Have I mentioned this is the 3rd time they've done this? On separate servers! Fantastic! 

• Haha 1

(Official, Valguero) Did a berry run with Atlas (mammoth), put berries in troughs. Bred tek rexes. Unpodded Marblehoof, put eggs in the hatchery, equipped chibi, took Phobos and went to the Beaver Lake to hunt whatever I'll find there.

Spent about an hour killing everything in sight. Found no alphas. Returned to the base. Put meat into troughs. Podded Marblehoof, picked up eggs, logged off.

Xbox Island official PvE 

I haven't posted for a while, still play on Island mainly but hopefully I'll will be trying more maps. I added my second account to my tribe with the view to leave my alt account as a back up on the island when my main survivor goes travelling. So currently trying to level 2nd to at least 100 to hopefully do alpha dragon soon.This, in the main is to allow both characters to use all the tek items in the main base. The alpha monkey and spider were done really quickly by lucky coincidence.  

A recent new neighbour appeared; they seem to be in another time zone but they look to have most tek items, skiff, cloners and teleporter. They were looking for minor items and with their close proximity I offered my help. After I had assisted they were planning to do some boss runs. I cheekily asked for an invitation. They were happy for me and a couple of server randoms to join.  Pretty soon both monkey and spider were dispatched. They then started planning to do alpha dragon and for an extra tribe mate to achieve level 100 to allow him to join. 

So back to levelling 2nd. 

As a foot note, I tried a visit to SE just by creating a new survivor, didn't last long. Spawned in front of level 130 raptor, died. Respawned right next to a rex, ran away eventually to be eaten by a level 20 wolf. More preparation required i think 😆

• Like 2

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Finished the greenhouse. Tamed a dung beetle (red, named Apple), put her (since I use Better Dinos mod, dung beetles aren't genderless on my sp save) in the greenhouse.

Finally found a unicorn! Tamed him, named him Everest. He's pretty cool. Gonna find a female for him at some point and breed some unicorns (will have to remember to further adjust breeding times before that, though - it's still a bit slow and I realized that I forgot to alter the mating interval at all).

And, well, that's all that happened today.

• Like 1

I have not posted in a couple days...  I will try to be gentle with the details. LOL

Most of what I did the past few days was preparing for the valentine event on the 11th.

PVE Island official...

Bred my top two male rexes (similar stats but different colors) with the top three females and have a dozen eggs in the fridge.  Incubated them for awhile and most are within 30 minutes of hatching.  I will probably add 6 more eggs to the bunch and have them all ready to pop before event.

Kept my therizino out as much as possible.  Added about 35% maturation since I last posted and it is now at 89%.  I can see light at the end of the tunnel.  LOL.  I am hoping to finisher her up in the next two days then work on getting as many eggs as possible for the increased rates coming.  3x rates on maturing therizinos will be huge.

Did a few meat and berry runs to fill up fridges.

Took my only remaining basi out for a swim.  Looked for another high level one but didn't see any.  However I did find another deep sea loot drop and pulled out an ascendant compound bow and a journeyman gas mask.

PVE Scorched Earth  official...

Finally built a taming pen.  Tamed a 35 wolf.  It died about an hour later.  Tamed a 55 wolf.  It was a little better, but it died when I tried to make my way down to the water in the central gorge for the first time... I was looking for silica pearls so I could make a hat and goggles.  Never got the pearls.  Then late last night I lured 2 sabre cats and a wolf into the pen at the same time.  The wolf was a 100 and one of the cats was a 135.  I only had enough narcs, arrows, and meat to tame one.  I generally like wolves better than cats but I picked the cat.  Once knocked out I saw it had a pre-tame high health of 1900 (cool), but a rather dismal melee of about 155.  Oh well.  Still better than my first two tames. Anyway, I tamed it up with raw meat (no prime yet), and I built a little pen for it at the house.  Also added some gates and spiked walls to help keep out the trouble makers.  I know it is not my priority right now but I might try to take advantage of the high health stat before it dies (lol). It might be worth finding another cat (hopefully with better melee) and breed the two.  Maybe a decent imprinted cat will help me cross the map a little easier.

I still have not been able to venture outside my immediate area without dying.  But I did build a quick 1x1 adobe hut with a bed and storage box a little north (500 yards or so) of my main house.  I might have to advance one little hut at a time... until I can get to where I want to go.  Then carefully made my way back home and ended my weekend there... on a positive note.

Xbox SP, The Island

Playing solo embodies what I feel being a real survivor would be like. Very alone, and consequences are huge when you fail. Nobody is there to tell you not to attempt something or rescue you when you fail. As you can imagine, I’m feeling philosophical after losing quite badly. But first, some good news!

I got quite bored with the yuty hunt, I wasn’t finding anything good to tame after a week of playing a ridiculous amount of hours. I was in need of good BPs, so I took my caving basilo and did loops of the map, grabbing deep sea loot crates and fighting alphas. I got a few pretty good things overall, an okay assault rifle, an asc argy saddle, m/c scuba leggings, a m/c yuty saddle.... but most importantly, I got asc fur pants and mc fur hat. A few more pieces and I’ll be well-armoured for the snow cave. I just need an actually good yuty. 

So flash-forward to after I got all that loot. I decide I’m ready for a challenge so I slowly venture into the Caverns of Lost Hope (artifact of the Cunning). Things were going really well, and I had done the cave already. But then... 😭 I went to take care of a relatively low-lvl tuso. Everything in the room swarmed ( which happens, nbd) but I was getting swarmed too badly and clipping into the wall that I couldn’t land any actual hits on the creatures around me. I couldn’t move around, hit or escape. I just had to sit there and watch my best-ever basilo slowly die. When it did die, I fled for my life, but in the wrong direction. I actually tanked a hit from a mosa before dying. 

After all the shenanigans, I’m up a few good BPs and a good amount of black pearls and I’m down a disposable argy, nice shotgun, expensive scuba leggings  and my best and only caving basilo. Everything else that I lost I don’t care about. 

Suddenly, I feel like I’d rather fly around looking for yutys. 

On 2/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, AirplaneSlider said:

Its actually my first time using theris. For gamma dragon I succeeded with an experimental mammoth army. I used rexes for the monkey (cause I didn't have a good breeding line for any other boss creature). Luckily didn't lose a single one on alpha :). For spider (would use sloths but don't have a good breeding line for them yet) I also used rexes and had 11 losses on alpha. Theris I like because of the comparable stats to rexes and being agile. Rexes are pretty clumsy tbh and the dragon's breath kills them fast. Theris are actually pretty underrated for the other bosses and would be a good choice. What are your thoughts about them?

Sorry for the late reply lol. I haven’t used theris at all except to get fiber, so I have no idea what they’re like in a fight. After watching an ungodly amount of boss fight videos on YouTube, I do prefer the smaller size of the theri. Controlling rexs seems to give a lot of people grief in the arenas and tek cave.  That and that they do better against the dragon. 

• Sad 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred tek rexes and put eggs in the fridge, killed a 130 alpha carno, didn't have chibi on me, but at least Phobos got some exp. Checked Edgy (my red and black moschops that I tamed during Halloween event) to grab all the fiber he accumulated, turns out he was stuck on the leash's edge for a long while, not harvesting and not in range of the trough, so he only had half food left, mounted him and turned him in the direction of bushes so that he'll be able to wander and feed himself again.

• Like 1

PVE Island official...

Matured theri a bit more (now a little over 92% done).

Incubated rex eggs and hatched 9 of them.  One egg gave me triplets and most of the babies came out with solid stats (40k health and 1225 melee).  A couple of them were a touch lower but I am okay with that.  I also like the color mix combinations that came with rotating the breeding pairs.  Looks like a room full of skittles with legs and teeth. 😄

I think I have 5 more rex eggs in the fridge and will add a few more tonight.

PVE SE official...

Took the new cat out for a few levels and she did great.  It also built my confidence a bit (which I needed).  So we headed off my cliffside perch and into the canyons below.  We fought a few things on our way to the water and even found some silica pearls.  Got back home safely and I made my first set of desert goggles.  Woohoo.

I then packed the cat up with a tent and a few pre-made supplies (adobe structures to place if/when I can get to a good spot to set up an advanced camp).  We had a number of battles and close calls that required band-aids and healing as we walked north, but eventually we found a little spot near 40,40 on the map to set up a camp... about 15 longitude points north of my main base.  It is the furthest I have been able to travel so far, and I didn't want to push it too much.  Anyway, I set up the 1x1 adobe hut and added a couple spiked walls for protection.  It will work for now.

Made my way carefully back to base... thankfully happy to still have my cat.  It was small but progress feels good.

• Like 1

I have come to the conclusion that the island 892 server is just complete garbage. Crashes, rollbacks, rubberbanding, losing dinos from lag is just too much. I locate a Crystal Isles official server map with a friend and schedule moving day. Moving day came and I started the back and forth trips. On one of the trips my mastercraft riot gear just went poof. I had it equipped the entire time and on one of the return trips I appeared naked. Went back but it was long time if it had dropped in a bag. That really sucked because that armor costed me soooo much. 

So I get set up, a simple base built and decide I will catch my first dinosaur on Crystal Isle. I'm by  a lake so a Hesperonis seems easy enough, right? Well to catch it you have to kill a fish and drag the body to the bird and click E. Easy peasy? Um no. Becasue when you are carrying the fish you can only target the fish. No matter how I twisted the camera I could not target the bird. Every once in a while, I will see in yellow letters Press E to feed and I would try to press it, but the fish would just fall.. or did it fall? What is this sorcery? The fish floated right up like a helium balloon. It stayed in the air and I was unable to give it to the bird. 

I head out to kill another fish. I find a 150 sabertooth. The bird should love this. I hurry back and sure enough I can't target the bird again while carrying the fish. I try spamming E, it drops the fish, picks up the fish, drops the fish, picks up the fish, but none of the E's are catching this bird that is walking around. Why is this so hard. There is NOTHING passive about a passive tame. Why do they call it a passive tame. Just let me knock it out. That is more passive. 

After several more attempts I finally get the E on the bird and he eats the fish. Thank you. 15 minutes later. 15 minutes to feed him 1 fish. I literally thought it was going to decompose. I go to get more fish. I was getting luckier on the next fish and got it to  67 percent. Then as I was dragging the next fish, a barry decided I was taking his food and promptly ate me. 

I run back and the barry has scuttled off down the river. I collect another fish, drag it over, hit E and it floats up in the air like the first one. Seriously, I thought. By now the taming meter was down to 47% and dropping fast. I run to grab another fish. I drag it over and I'm back to fighing with the E button again. One of the drops, the bird attacks the dead fish and it disappears without getting any taming credit. I sigh, and head out to catch another fish while the taming meter continues to tick down. 

I manage to get him a few more fish and the meter is back to 77%. And the lake is out of fish. I look around to another lake. It has fish. I dive in and immediately see 2 leeches incoming. I swing my sword and kill both of them. I kill a fish and bring it back to the bird. I tried the E spam again, and again the bird attacks the corpse and it poofs without taming credit. Why can I not target the bird while holding a fish. This is just silly. Two times the bird even stopped, turned around and walked right up to me. And yet. No. I can't target something standing right in front of me because I'm holding a fish. The meter is dropping down again. I run over to get another fish and this time get a leech.

My campfire is missing. I'm not sure what happened to it , but it was literally just there. I cooked meat on it. I had to run around and collect items to craft another campfire. I craft it, jump in and the leech was gone. I head back to the lake to notice that the tame timer is now gone and I lost the tame. So much for taming my first crystal isle dino. I swear, there is nothing passive about passive tames. You do way more work.

Hesperonis.JPG

Hesperonis 2.JPG

• Haha 1

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Went to the Eldritch Isle to tame a pair of featherlights. Used the unicorn because why the hell not. Was lucky enough to find a male and a female, close to each other, with male being 130 and female - 135. Tamed them. Returned to the base, put them in the greenhouse. Took a wyvern and went to get some resources, game crashed, wasn't in the mood to wait through the loading again today, so decided that's enough singleplayer for today.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base. Took a wyvern to fly around a bit. Found a unicorn, but didn't tame because I don't have carrots or kibble (since side-bases are kept small, with only bare necessities, and crop plots, refrigerators, and egg farms are not that), plus I already have unicorns on Valguero - better ones, at that, since the one I found was only level 20.

(Official, Extinction) Fed dinos. Due to lags nearly lost my wyvern to my own spike walls. Not fun.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

PVE SE official

Logged in to feed the cat.  Cooling box was out of spark powder and the little bit of meat I had was now gone.  So I took the cat out for a quick run.  Got meat.  Went home.  Left a stack of meat on the cat and put the rest in the cooling box with a new stack of spark powder.  Logged off.

PVE Island official

Finished raising therizino!!!! I was so happy to have that done that I immediately mated her to get my first egg.... just to do it again... LOL.  I will try to get a few eggs in the next couple of days to raise during the event.  The problem is I only have 1 female with all the good breeding stats so egg production is slower than ideal.

Hatched more rex eggs and after looking over all 16 babies I decided that two of them were not good enough to make the varsity team.  They went for a swim in the volcano.  I still have a few more eggs to hatch and should have a solid squad of rexes at the end.  I built a medium sized pen outside to raise them all at once.  My main floor in the house is raised on pillars/ceiling tiles and I don't want to deal with any of them glitching through the floor while maturing... and it is a little too small for 15 to 20 rexes... so the outside pen will allow them to keep their feet firmly on the ground and give them a little more space to grow.

That was it today.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Took Phobos to hunt things. Hunted things. Things included an alpha rex (unusually, one that actually wanted to fight, knife-toothed maw to knife-toothed maw, instead of running all over the place or insisting on attacking only from behind), and alpha raptor, and an alpha carno. Pity I didn't take my chibi to the hunt, but at least Phobos got plenty of Exp. Fed dinos. Bred tek rexes. Put eggs in the fridge. unpodded Elisabeth and bred her to Phobos, put egg in the hatchery. I'm not hoping for a melee mutation, not really, just thought that since an event is close, might as well try and see what my attempts at giga breeding will bring me this time.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Farmed a metric ton of crystal on crystal isles and crafted them into greenhouse roofs and windows. After raising the first batch of magmasaurs to 90% on the island, I decided that the next batch will definitely be raised on genesis. But of course, I needed a decent base for that - my little 4x4 stone shack wont do. So I built a nice flat ground floor out of metal (no ugly pillar nubs poking through the floor! 😊), then calculated how much crystal I would need for the windows and roof. I came up with about 25k, which is a lot (for me), but I like bases with greenhouse windows better than pure metal boxes. And I wanted to finish the base before the breeding event starts, for obvious reasons.

Also sacrificed most of our element stash on the island to craft a tek generator & tek through. After transferring those over to genesis, I discovered that my genesis character can actually interact with the generator, which means I wont have to swap my characters around just to turn the generator on, yay. 😄

Over on the island, I managed to get absolutely, utterly stuck between two of my adolescent magmas. It happend because of a lag, I fell down from the first floor of my base and landed right in between them, with absolutely no way of getting out again. (You cant crawl out under their bellies, and they're way too big to jump over their legs & tail). Of course, I had no cryopods with me. In my annoyance, I attempted to use a whistle command to make them walk away from me. This was a mistake - not only did the two magmas themselves not move by an inch, but instead every single dino inside my base ran over to me. So I was still stuck between the two magmas, while a bunch of argies jumped on top of me. Unfortunately, those argies were unsaddled, so I could not use them to escape. (That's just my luck, I of course have several saddled argies... where were those?)  Meanwhile my rexes and my giga were pounding against the wall from outside, wanting to come in and join the fun. At this point, I decided to just turn the sound & monitor off and do something else for a while. About 40 minuted later, I returned to the game - by then, my character had finally died of thirst. I then spent ages rearranging my dinos. I really, really hate whistle commands. 😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xbox SP, The Island

No drama this time. Went for a yuty hunt, found no high lvls. Got some OSD’s, that’s a bout it. 

And now, for the first time ever... 

Xbox Official PvP 😁

The soloist joins the chaos of the servers for the first time! I was going to hold out on trying to servers until I had ascended on SP but I needed a change to keep myself interested in the game. Needed something a little less serious, I’ve been really stressed about trying to find a good yuty. I must say, I haven’t had this much fun playing in a while. I had the normal hilarious encounters that I’m sure you've all experienced a million times before me. 

Someone knocked on my beach hut door late at night and left 2 golden eggs on my steps. 

I got killed for using someone’s campfire. 

I bola’d and killed a bob trying to sneak up on me when I had my back turned while building on my raft. 

A mysterious player on a rainbow-coloured wyvern thundered in and landed in front of my door, killed everything around and left the corpses for me to harvest. 

It’s been hilarious and dangerous and my only regret is not trying it sooner. I’m not taking it too seriously and don’t care if I get raided, however I don’t foresee that being an issue. My time as a soloist is really helping me out in this new world. I’ve only put a few hrs in and I’m already over lvl 40 and have a rifle and fur armour. No tames yet. 

Edited by Cordiste
  • Like 1

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Spent a lot of time flying around. Added two more craft stations. Finally found that NPC tribe  (I'm using Primal NPC mod) that spawned first after I wiped all NPCs. Found out that the ability to interact with NPCs via chat was disabled, which is a pity (It was working when I first used that mod, and I really liked it). At least NPCs themselves work fine, I already raised the reputation with them a bit. Killed a rock drake (I spawned some wild ones back when I was building the base. Not on the same island my base is on, of course, on the lower ones). By "killed" I mean I attacked it, then landed on a small island to restore stamina, and the dumb reptile fell off the island and drowned. At least I still was able to get a feather, which I need for a trophy bait. Looked for the rest of the drakes, found only two, remember spawning more. Probably drowned as well. Had to spawn new ones (nothing powerful - levels 10-56. Perfectly reasonable), because the trophy baits will be for taming a pair (thanks to Better dinos I can breed them), so gotta have some wandering around for me to tame.

(Official, Extinction) Spent some time looking through the servers I had characters on at some point, because my favorite servers got un-favorited (again) and I forgot the server number (again. Yes, I'm not smart). Wrote the number down this time.

(Official, Valguero) Giga egg has 7 hours to hatching. Picked it up. Didn't do anything else.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Bred allos to try and get a perfect (well, as perfect as possible cosidering the parents) full black male to start breeding full black allos. Bred tek rexes. Bred gigas. Bred unicorns, gasbags and gachas.

Finished raising Marblehoof (90% imprint, but whatever. Good enough to ride around within the base).

Allo hatched, melee good, colors right, male. Health bad.

Went on a meatrun, forgot to take the cryopods (3 empty, 2 with baby gasbags I had for a while and wanted to start raising after the meatrun, one with the new baby allo) out of my inventory before that. Died due to disconnect. Allo and gasbags got taken from my deathbag by another player. Well, at least it's event and they were babies. Replaceable. In this case the pods are bigger loss than their contents.

Rexes hatched, nothing good. Bred argents. Bred velonas. Bred parasaurs.

Parasaurs: 2 females, 2 males (1 male and 1 female are from same egg. And with a mutation! Didn't check on what stat, but I like the color, which, I'm pretty sure, is jade). Gasbags: female. Gacha: male, no dust. Killed. Velonas: 2 females, 1 male. Planned to keep both females, but didn't happen, because when Snow (unicorn) gave birth, I only had one empty pod in the inventory and didn't feel like running to the hatchery for another one, but wanted to keep both unicorn twins, so I threw out the worse velona and killed it.

So, a mostly good day!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

(Official, Valguero) Bred EVERYTHING (except for unicorns). I mean everything: allos. Rexes. Gigas. Velonas. Gasbags. Gachas. Managarmrs. Mantises. Argents. Featherlights. Even WYVERNS! (Except for tropical, because I only had one female tropical on Valg and I traded her away a while ago, and just never bothered t get a new one).

Hatched yet another batch of disappointing rexes, claimed and podded for later a nice blue female argy, and a nice green/brown female mantis. The wyverns hatched female, with colors that are just right, and if I manage to raise them I'll be able to use them for breeding.

And then the server crashed. Less than an hour before my gasbags and gacha give birth, velonas and featherlight even sooner, and this happens. Yay.

It's back. Hopefully for a long time.

Velonas hatched, not good enough, killed. Featherlight hatched, inherited father's colors, which is pink, I think one pink bird is enough already, so killed. Gachas born, twins, nothing good, killed. Gasbags born, male, killed. Managarmr born, male, light blue, podded.

Podded some of the tames, rearranged the rest. Oldest giga egg hatching soon, once that's done I'll pick up the other two, pod the wyvern babies, and that'll be enough ARK for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

PVE Island official:

Like everyone else, I have been raising babies the last couple days. 

15 rexes hatched and in the juvenile stage.

I was not looking but found a 135 F yuty.  I tamed her up and then bred her with my high-health male.  Got twins, 1 M and 1 F.  Sweet.  Babies are now 20% mature. @Cordiste sorry, not trying to rub that in.  haha.

Therizinos have been slower than I wanted.  I have hatched 3 and have one more egg in the fridge.  However, the server has been so lagy that the countdown timer for breeding the female (my only female) again seems to take forever.  An 18 hour timer will actually take closer to 25-30 hours right now.  Eh, it is what it is.

I finally met up with my friend and she gave me a baby basilo.  Then a second one was born right away and she let me claim that one too. Bonus!  They are both male but I am okay with that.  And I spent most of my time at her water platform raising them this weekend.  The water platform was built with floor and walls and is closer to a fully enclosed swimming pool than anything else.  I even brought the rexes with me and had them all lined up around the perimeter of the platform at various times.  Then at one point when the basilos were about 50% mature the game crashed.  Luckily I had the rexes podded at that moment because the game was acting funny.  10 minutes later when I was able to log back in I found myself in the water (as expected) with the basilos (my two babies and the adult breeding pair belonging to my friend).  Anyway, the platform structure took an exceptionally long time to load in... and a shark that could be seen in the distance then swam towards us.  I kept thinking the pen would spawn in but it didn't.  As the shark got closer the adult breeding pair had another baby at that moment.  Of course the shark went for the newborn baby.  The baby swam away and the shark followed.  The structure finally loaded in but not before the newborn and shark fled the area.  I couldn't stand by and watch so I climbed out of the water pen and jumped into the open ocean.  I swam after the shark and baby and luckily then swam toward shallower water.  I surfaced a few times for air along the way.  When I caught up to them the baby was already bloody.  I took out my sword and started whacking on the shark.  Eventually the shark died.  And I was left with a very bloody and barely alive baby basilo... but it was alive!  I then claimed it, podded it, and took it back to the pen and fed it to help it heal.  My friend (offline at the time) later let me keep that one too.  So now I have 3 basilos in the 280-285 range with wicked awesome stats... 2 males and 1 female. 😄

PVE Scorched Earth official:

I went to SE when island lag made the game unplayable.

Made another trip with my sabrecat to my second hut.  Took some supplies with me and built a 2x2 adobe house.  Added the basic amenities and will make it my new temporary base.  I plan to eventually transfer all my supplies to this base then leap frog north again.  I would also like to get an argy while here if possible.  I have seen a couple in the distance.  That is now on my to-do list.

Edited by Penguin73
  • Like 2