So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Got on Ark, had a base at the hidden lake, had an argy ptera and a stego for wood gathering. Alpha raptor spawned in, I decided to kill it while it decided to start eating a beaver corpse. Got extremely lucky and found an ascendant metal hatchet in its body. harvested the prime meat and hit the beach with my pteranodon to find some carnivores. Unluckily they found me first. Alpha raptor and carnotaur teamed up and killed my and my ptera. Was sad, but understood this is how ark works, got back to base and regained my stuff by using my argy. later my argy was killed because I forgot it was on follow and it flew into some spiked walls. then suddenly ALPHA CARNO spawns in hidden lake much to my dismay. I keep on dodging it as I'm afraid to die and have my loot pinned under its mouth for like 30 min. I lure it to one of the crevasse passages and build two barriers of spiked walls to keep it out, thought that should the trick. 5 minutes later, after some generic harvesting of resources I spot the alpha carno roaming the lake again. checked on my 14 spiked walls, all but one was destroyed. One of my tribe mates was there at the time so we teamed up and shot down the alpha with 150+ arrows while it tried to eat a corpse. he got a journeyman bloody crossbow and I got some boots, I didn't argue with him since I had the ascendant metal hatchet, but I mean come on as soon as he saw it he just dibs'ed it like we weren't a communist tribe. You think that's all unlucky ay? well guess again, because I tamed a carno at that time and was harvesting the alpha carno when my tribe mate said he found another, much higher level carno on the beach. I decided to use my carno to transport me there. I put it on passive as I dismounted and fired some bolts into the carno, but it wouldn't go down. my tribe mate from before tried to help me but got killed by some sneaky evil raptors, and I was slain. Then I rushed from the nearest bed to try and collect my stuff, and the notice saying my carno died from a level 20 raptor popped up, realising now the consequences of putting tames on passive. AND I WAS LITERALLY LIKE 5 METERS AWAY WHEN IT DIED. And then it was another 20 minutes of trying to get my stuff. nope. raptors were too bloody common to let me do that. Oh and there was an alpha rex on that beach too, so that makes it equally as fun. Despite all that I'm still continuing, I know what ark can be like, my tame kill count is much too high for me to expect anything else. I still have decent stuff, and my stego is surprisingly alive, so I think I'll be taming an iguanodon to take a trip to the mountains with my mates. I'm sure there will be more ups and downs, and erratically but slowly, I am making progress.

Thanks for reading

Be strong survivors, you can do this

• Like 2

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) The last time ended at me respawning at my base... Which is not exactly the truth. I CHOSE to respawn, but the game froze, computer started lagging, so I killed the game in task manager.

So today I found myself alive, near the rex, BEFORE the fight, with my wyvern perfectly fine. I killed the rex and went to fly around some more. I found another wyvern, level 20, dark red, white, and some other red (I have an event enabled, don't remember which one, so interesting colors show up from that too, not just form Shiny! Dinos). Tamed it. Wouldn't have tamed if it was high level (that'd be too powerful to have before I can even ride a ptera).

Threw a bait to a level 5 dragon, she took it, but then she noticed me and tried to attack. Very rude. I lured her away and stole her egg. Sure, level 5 is not gonna be any good, but mother has decent colors.

Spent some time searching for a unicorn, because Better Dinos turns them into actually useful creatures, so I want one. Didn't find it. Back on my island found a juvi ichthyornis and tamed it because I had some baits left anyway, so why not. Plus I needed an opportunity to see if my maturation/imprint settings are right (seems like they are. Well, maybe cuddle interval needs to be lowered a bit).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Today was a quiet day and I've given up all hopes on making it back to the island with a Ferox. My friend really wanted to try again. Capture it and resell it he said. We'll make lots of money he said. What could possibly go wrong? Really, do I even have to ask that? Whatever I guess, sure beats standing around for the next 6 hours waiting on my giga egg to hatch.

We head over to Genesis and spend a couple hour collecting points and buy about 54 element. Then off to the cave. Clear out the bears .. and there are no Ferox's. Someone had recently cleared the cave. No problem, We'll hang out a bit nearby until they respawn. I'm semi-afk on a work call when I hear the sound of my character dying. I ask my friend what happened and he said we both froze to death. I was outside the cave afk, but he was inside the nice warm cave and froze to death. 

We shrug it off and head back to the cave. The Ferox have started to respawn and we quickly tame one. I'm really short on time today and need to get back to the island because of imprint timers so we head over to a transmitter. We use the rex and giga to clear all the dinos around the transmitters. Then put them in cryo. We realize the Giga still has 40 element in his inventory so I told my friend to take him back to camp and put the element in storage. 

He ends up storing the dino next to someone's base.. I really hope they don't mind. We'll be back soon to get him. The lake is cleared, we walk up to the transmitter and there is a timer. Sheesh, always a timer. My friend decides to take the Ferox out of cryo to my dismay. He askes if we should feed it elementium. I told him we need to save it. So when I see the Ferox suddenly go all hulk I already knew. He jumped on it and started riding it in circles. I sighed. 

Then... the respawns. 2 direbears respawned on the lake and they made a quick meal of the 22 ferox. I let out an even longer sigh. I am really starting to expect this now and I'm not even let down anymore. I know it is inevitable.

• Sad 1

(Official, Valguero) Big meatrun, big berry run, bred tek rexes, placed all the eggs, both new and old, (25 of them) into the hatchery, made some shotgun ammo because I'll probably have to kill all the babies (after so many times I don't really believe that a new melee mutation will happen), unpodded Marblehoof to raise him some more.

Right now I'm just standing in the hatchery, maybe will actually do things later. Or I wont and will just stand there until rexes hatch.

Imprinted Marblehoof. 1 imprint left, and I think it might fit into the remaining maturation time. Less than two hours until rexes hatch.

After done with rexes, will check on (Official, Extinction) and (Official, Crystal Isles) bases. No singleplayer today, because I've been playing it a lot lately, and sure, it's awesome, but I have other games to waste time pointlessly in, and I've been neglecting them because of that.

Rexes hatched. Mutations in general: one. Mutations on health or melee: none.

Noticed that my plants are almost out of fertilizer, so took the few bits I had in a beetle and fertilized what I could, then loaded the beetles with fresh feces. I just kinda forgot about them and the plants because I rarely tame, so I don't often need kibble, or the ingredients for it.

(Official, Extinction) This time was in the feeding trough upon logging on. Fed dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed base.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Today was a good day. After wasting time at the rock drake nests and nearly getting some dinos killed yesterday, I decided to visit the volcano on Genesis (official PVE) and look for some magmasaur eggs. After all the initial troubles, I'm finally starting to get somewhat used to this place. And since I go into the cave solo, the only thing I can lose is the equipment I carry with me, which can easily be replaced.

So I loaded up my rex with several sets of cheap ghillie armor +glider wings, healing potions, crossbows and a ton of grappling hooks. Teleported to the volcano, and parked the rex under a rock formation near the cave, where it's safe from meteors (hopefully). As I entered the cave and glided above the lava pit, I saw something beautiful: all the magmasaurs - there must be like 30 of them - gathered into one corner of the pit. It was like a huge ball of yarn,
only with magamsaurs instead of the yarn. The two nests on the other side of the pit were completely abandoned.

Now in my opinion, the only possible explanation for this would be other players, who aggroed them to one side of the pit. But, were they still in the cave, or had they left already?
I glided in circles down into the pit, looking for a player, or maybe the outlines of an invisible rock drake: I saw nothing. As I sank lower, I spotted two magmasaur eggs, both in abandoned nests. I landed at a safe spot, and asked in global if someone was currently farming eggs in the volcano cave: no-one replied. Ok then.
Not wanting to waste any more time - the magmas were slowly starting to scatter again, but still pretty clustered - I jumped into the closest nest. I looked at the egg - it was level 150! 🤩 I immediately started the teleport sequence, then picked up the egg right before the teleport finished. But the magmasaurs were so far way from me, there was no risk to it at all. My first 150 magmasaur egg, and it was the easiest egg grab I've done, by far.

I quickly went back to the volcano - after putting my precious egg away, of course. Now, the magmas were no longer clustered on one side of the pit. They expressed their joy at seeing me again by running towards my position and shooting fireballs, even as I was gliding high above them out of reach.
So I decided to look at the larger pit in the back of the cave, hoping they would calm down in the meanwhile. Suddenly, I crashed down - right into the lava! As expected, the message "The volcano is about to erupt" appeared on my screen next. I then realized I had crashlanded next to a magmasaur, because I got a fireball thrown at me, which broke my armor.

By then, it was clear I would not be able to get out of the cave alive. My #1 goal was reaching a safe spot, where
I could pick up my body bag after the eruption. I had to get out of the lava. However, as I was running towards solid ground, chugging down healing potions, I ran past a nest with an egg inside. Since I was going to die anyway, why waste this good opportunity? I grabbed the egg, made it to solid ground, then even managed to reach a slightly higher altitude via grappling hook, before a second fireball roasted me.

I went back to the volcano again. Once the eruption was over, I went into the cave and looked for my body bag. I was able to retrieve it, and found that the egg I had just taken was level 140. I could not believe my luck - two high level eggs back to back! After storing the egg, I went back and attempted to steal some more eggs (the whole egg stealing business is kind of thrilling & addictive 😅), but by now the magmas in both pits had declared me public enemy #1.
I waited patiently for a chance to grab another egg, finally managed to get to a lowlevel one, nearly died after picking it up and decided to quit while I was ahead (for today, at least).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Added Dino Storage mod. Pretty awesome! Went to grab mats (was low on metal, and no poly because I play low-tech, so had to kill some penguins), found a male 145 bloodstalker (I use Cross-Genesis 1, so spiders, swarms, and all happens on CI just fine), started taming, but Shiny! Dinos picked just that moment to turn a nearby raptor into an Enraged one, so I had to fly away, land on a cliff, and spend a whole lot of time killing the raptor because it really wanted to kill me.

Me and my wyvern got a ton of EXP from it, which wasn't exactly how I planned to gain new levels, but... Well, I decided to just not learn new engrams beyond the nearest goal (ptera saddle).

Naturally, while I was doing that, the bloodstalker already forgot me so I had to start taming again (really glad I used Immersive Taming, and not their vanilla taming method). But in the end I tamed the spider, named him Slinger, and tried to figure out the trick to riding a bloodstalker. And decided that for now he'll sit at my base, because it's just too complicated for me.

Also the juvenile ichthyornis starved while I was doing all that.

After returning to my base and crafting and installing the Dino Storage Terminal (the "Primitive" mesh fits really well with the house's looks, so that's bonus), I made the saddle for ptera and went to the lower islands to find and tame a better ptera. Found a level 100 female, gray. Tamed.

Returned to find my wyvern being attacked by an enraged tapejara. Had to cheat because no way to fight it, and other than killing it (or exiting and re-entering the game, which would turn a wild Shiny into a normal dino, just a very high-level one, but I forgot about that because my wyvern was being killed), there's no way to get rid of it. So I used playersonly and killed it with a command. 

Also after that changed my settings to lower max possible Shinies (to 26) and their max level (to 250), because that, at least, would make Enraged ones a bit less likely to appear and a bit less troublesome to deal with.

After that I took my wyvern and went to look for a unicorn again. No luck, but found a really nice 145 Courser, so I brought him back to my base and tamed him.

And that's all that happened today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Killed the megapithecus for the very first time today. I've been putting off doing the island bosses for a while now, despite having raised an army of boss rexes and farming the swamp cave for a rex saddle blueprint back in 2020.
Somehow, it never seemed important (I dislike the look of tek bases & wont build one), and there were more interesting things to do. Plus, I got tek transmitter & replicator unlocked via a free-for-all alpha dragon raid which I joind a while back.

However, two days of dealing with magamasaur babies - their insatiable hunger for their preferred food, astrocetus poop, I mean ambergris, coupled with the insane spoil timer of said poop - made me realize that I simply must have tek throughs, otherwise I'll go crazy soon and dump those little bastards on the nearest glacier.

So, I dragged my buddy online and told her we were going to murder a giant ape today. We debated whether we should start at gamma difficulty or go directly for beta, since we had two sets of the required artifacts. I knew for sure our rexes were powerful enough to slay the megapithecus without losses even on alpha, but this was going to be our very first boss fight, and in the end it seemed wiser to just try the easiest difficulty first.

We watched a short video about the boss fight to get an idea about pulling, positioning etc. I looked through my keybinds & wrote down the most important group whistle shortcuts. Buddy decided to ride the yuti and stay in the back, while I was going to be in charge of the rex army.

I also had all of the boss rexes mate in a giant orgy in the back of my base, so that there would be plenty of eggs to rebuild the army in case something went horribly wrong.

On the whole, it went a lot better than I expected. The biggest problem we faced was actually getting into the boss arena together with all our dinos - once we stood at the blue obelisk, we both realized we had no idea how close the dinos had to to the terminalin order to join the fight. Another problem was the positioning of the rexes: once we teleported in, I whistled all rexes to follow me, so I could move the away from the edge of the arena. However, some of them started to zoom around the place, just like my cat usually does, and nearly fell off despite being on follow. However, none of them actually fell, and once they were positioned, the bossfight itself went absolutely smooth, as the yuti-boosted rexes made short work of the boss on both gamma & beta difficulty.

The elementium we received as reward was then immediatly used to upgrade our nursery with a tek generator & four tek throughs, and I rejoiced in finally being able to leave my juvenile magmasaurs alone for more than an hour.

Edited by heliantha
  • Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, noticed I'm low on flowers for the beehives and mushrooms for the trough near gachas, so went to the swamp to get more. 400 mushrooms and even more flowers - I'm not running out any time soon now!

Beetles did their thing, so I had plenty of fertilizer to add to my crop plots.

Didn't breed rexes today.

And that's all.

• Like 1

An up and down few days...

A few days ago I spoke to my server friend and confirmed we are still a "go" for raising baby basilos together during the valentine event.  She thinks she might have some of the top basilos on the server and I am excited at the potential of it.  With that being said, I know a very good basilo for caves is in my future.  However, I couldn't resist taking out my bary (Van Halen) to see what I could find.  So I grabbed a couple tanks and kibble and headed out.  Right away I spotted a level 55 female.  Not impressive, I know.  But I was having one of those ark moments when it is not about the perfect stats and more about just having fun in the water.  I know a high level baby is on the way so I took the pressure off myself today.  I know she might never see the inside of a cave, but I could still use her for deep sea loot crates.  So I tamed her.  Easy Peasy.

After recharging my scuba tank (and grabbing a third one while at base) I went looking for the afore mentioned loot crates.  In all my time playing on single player I never once found one... So I kept my hopes in check while we swam around in this PVE world.  We spent a couple of hours swimming ( and leveling )... then I found one!  I couldn't believe my eyes.  They do exist!!! LOL.  I cleared the area of hostiles and dreamed of something wonderful like a high level saddle BP.  But... what I got was two pieces of MC ghillie, not bad, but I have better stuff already.  Eh.  A small let down, but I was still very happy to find a loot crate. 

After a little more looking I noticed my last tank was getting low so I started heading toward the nearest iceberg up in the NW corner to exchange the basilo for the argy.  However, just as I was surfacing I saw a 125 basilo gliding along at the surface.  I raced home, repaired the tanks, and went back.  I then cleared the mantas and other hostile creatures and swam over to give the first feed... successfully done... then noticed I only had a few more kibble... ugggh!

Flew home a second time, checked dododex for amount needed, grabbed that amount plus one (just in case).  Flew back.  Found the basilo again, cleared out the hostile critters again, and re-fed the first kibble again.  Everything was going well until... a couple eels appeared.  Not really an issue while riding a basilo, but as they came upon me I casually hit the attack button and forgot that basilos have a pretty good AOE on their attack.  I nipped the 125 in the tail and said a few four-letter words as I realized I had to start the taming process over.  Ugggh! It was only two feeds away from tame at that point.

Flew home a third time. Noticed I didn't have enough yellow kibble on hand.  Made kibble.  Repaired scuba.  Flew back.  Found basilo... again.  Cleared out hostiles... again.  Fed and tamed.... finally!  Woohoo.  Put on a saddle and leveled him up to about 225 before tanks were exhausted.  And, frankly I was too.  Flew home happy.  The second basilo, although not yet ready for the caves, could potentially be a good back up if rescue was needed... or if my part-time tribe mate wanted to accompany me later... he could use it once it is ready.  

Next day... My tribe mate shows up and I tell him about the deep sea crates.  He is excited and we agree to take out the basilos.  On the way to the beach my server connection gets extremely laggy.  I dc on the beach.  Log back 5 minutes later and it is still really bad.  However he said his connection was fine.  I decide to bail on the idea and head back to base.  Disconnected again.  Meanwhile, he decides to take the high level basilo for a test drive anyway.  When I finally get back to base he announces he found a cave.  He has never done the caves before and I didn't think he would be that stupid.  So I didn't say anything.  1 minute later he announced his death and the death of the basilo.  I froze, not sure if that really just happened.  10 minutes is all it took him to kill the tame I have been looking for for the past 3 weeks.

I didn't know what to say.  But I was pissed.  He said he was sorry then laid down on his bed and logged off.  

DILO? I know tames die.  I know accidents happen.  But this felt like a knife in the back, or at the very least, a kick to the nuts. 

I sent him a text about being a careless idiot, and all my time wasted from the day before.  I didn't kick him from the tribe, but I did tell him that he has to do his own taming now.  If he wants to tag along, then he has to do the work to keep up.  I don't know how to be more fair than that.

Oh my gosh, sorry.  This was another long one.  I will stop there.

• Like 2

On a more positive note this weekend, my baby thyla finished maturing yesterday, and the baby rexes had less than 20 minutes left until they are fully mature when I left for work today.  I felt safe letting them finish on their own and I will start breeding for eggs tonight.  

My baby therizino is up to 46% mature.  I am still trying to get her finished up before valentine event so I can use her eggs and increased rates to get a good jump on the next generation.  If there is one thing I am learning it is Therizino babies and standard rates are not fun.

I also spent a little more time on Scorched Earth.  My SE survivor is now level 38.  I have a basic 2x2 adobe house with the basics of a smithy, forge, cabinets, mortar and pestle, and a bed.  I now have desert armor and metal tools.  Life is good. LOL.

However, I don't really like the spot I now call home.  I have started looking around the area and am still deciding which direction I want to go.  My friend that has reserved a spot in his tribe for me lives way up in the NW corner.  I am pretty sure there is not much up there so I don't know if it is a joke, truth, or if he is just testing me.  Either way, I will probably work in that direction.  And, I still have not tamed anything... truly solo.  I also noticed (from the limited sample size I have seen) that the central river valley is fairly well developed / pillared.  I might have to stick to the more remote locations and just advance north one water vein at a time.  So much fun.

• Like 1

Today was a busy day. I worked hard rotating various timers for imprinting on 7 dinos. I hit every imprint on the timer exactly. My rex hit 100% today so I was feeling good. My giga was only at 14 or 17%. Something like that, but he was coming along. I really like this Giga. He is like a lime green and he is supposed to be over 1k melee after imprinting is complete. I'm working really hard not to miss any imprints. It will be worth all the work in the end. My 377 boss deino egg hatches on time, so I start feeding the baby. I'll be ready to join a group for the dragon boss soon.

The day is looking up. Nothing has died. I'm really feeling positive. My neighbor stops by. He just got back from Aberration I think he said. He didn't catch anything except a few skins. Then the 892 server crashes. It's offline for a bit, but I am spamming refresh and as soon as it is listed again I log back in. All of my babies and dinos are still there. I quickly run around check their food supplies. I then update the times on all of my imprint timers. Phew, I thought to myself. It could have been worse. 

Then my neighbor logs in, but his tribe name is missing. And he is on a fresh character. The crash occurred before the world save and his character isn't there. This day is going south fast all of a sudden. After several attempts and transfers between worlds he finally appears back on 892 but he is missing all of his stuff and his wyvern that he had brought back to 892. He still retained ownership of everything he had on 892 prior to jumping to the new map so not all is lost. 

A little bit later he spots a Tek Quetzal. It was a beautiful bird and he needed my help taming it. His plan was to have me join his tribe temporarily so I can pick him up on an Argie and he can shoot his rifle at the Quetzal. Seems simple enough. I said sure. I joined his tribe, I pick him up with the Argie and off we go after the Quetzal. After about 50 ish darts, it goes down. It lands by a river with Allosaurus near by. We  secure the immediate area and go back to our base for reinforcements. 

I grabbed my snow owl and cryo my new 100% imprint level 450 rex (61k hp 1.9k melee) and another 450 rex (33k hp, 1.2k melee). We get back to the Quetzal and I set up both Rex's on aggressive and not to attack unconscious dinos. I use the owl to scan for dinos in the area and we quickly clear out a large radius. All goes according to plan and the Quetzal is tamed. Wow, this day wasn't too bad afterall. 

We head back to base. He beats me back to base. He said thanks and said he was going to boot me from his tribe now. No problem. Glad I could help. I am instantly ejected from my owl very, very far up above the swamp. I come crashing down and die instantly. O.M.G. What just happened? Apparently when I got booted from his tribe, I lost ownership of my own owl. I tell him in Global what happened and he quickly comes to invite me back. No longer with a base of my own, I had respawned at the beach with the rest of the beach bobs. 

My neighbor gets to me and invites me back into his tribe. We are really far from his base so I swim out into the ocean and drown myself so I can respawn at his base. I run over to my base and grab my argy. I fly out to where I died and get my loot (which included my 2 rex's that were cryo'd) and I fly up to whistle my snow owl to follow me home. During this my neighbor somehow crashed his Tropeognathus and died himself. As soon as I get back to my base, I jump on the owl, switch on the vision to look for his bird.  He had actually spawned close enough to his body that he was able to retrieve his items and his bird pretty quick. We then both head back to base. 

At base we try to figure out how I lost ownership of everything. I lost my storage building with 30+ large storage boxes plum full of loot. I lost my fully equipped nursery that was as tall as a behemoth door to accommodate any dino, this also included my workshop with all of the industrial equipment and 4 fridges for kibble and dino food. I lost my huge green house with 24 plots. I lost my dino pen. And I lost my hatchery that was built with 30 ac, and also contained a cryo fridge, 2 generators, and 3 more refrigerators. As long as I am in his tribe, I can access my own stuff but if I leave, I lose everything. And to top it off, in the excitement... my beloved giga starved to death. Just the biggest let down of the night. This game just really plays on your emotions to the point of exhaustion. 

The most positive part of this is the players on 892. They are the greatest group of people I've gamed with in a long time. We struggle together. We lose stuff every time the server randomly crashes. We've all hit E at our destination just to rubberband back 100 feet and fall from midair to our deaths. The continuous rollbacks are just crazy. It just boggles my mind how a server runs like this. We are in 2021. I played World of Warcraft for 14 years and it was never this crazy. Server technology and technology in general has progressed far but Ark seem stuck in time 7 years ago. 

Anyway to end my story for the day, I now belong to a tribe of 2. I fully trust my new tribe mate. I know he feels bad about the whole situation. I would too in his shoes. It is not the end of the world. It could always be worse. So when life gives you lemons, squeeze it into lemonade and drink it.

• Like 2

Today was a reminder of how even completely innocent things in ark can go wrong real quick. I started by feeding my magmas, loading up my gachas witch stone & farming a few things around my base at the island.

As I fed my dung beetles, I realized just how much fertilizer I had, way more then needed. And suddenly I got an idea: why not make some re-fertilizer and make the area around my base pretty again? So crafted loads of re-fertilizer, and tried it out for the first time. I know that tames can vanish when a rock or tree respawns right where they are, so I was careful to move away from them, focussing instead on the area near my fence. I really liked the results of the re-fertilizing. Soon I was hopping around my base, poofing trees back into existence, feeling like some hippie wood elf. But then suddenly, found myself unabe to move! I was stuck inside something, although I could not see what it was. I tried crouching down, which did not help, and seconds later found myself dead. Ok then, the re-fertilizer can evidently get you killed, how funny...

As I respawned and ran towards the place of my untimely demise, something strange occured to me: There was no
green ray marking my body. Oh crap. 😕 This might mean that I had fallen through the mesh - something which I managed to avoid in this game, until today. Sure enough, there was a big gray rock in place of my body, and no body bag to be seen.

I realized what this meant: I had just lost a set of rather expensive armor, as well as my favorite chibi, a featherlight.
Even worse, my favorite shoulder pet, an event colored aberrant otter, was not there either.

In complete denial, I hit the whistle button, hoping to at least make the otter appear again somehow. Immediately, the earth started rumbling - in my panic, I had just caused every dino in my base to run towards me. 😅 I moved the dinos back to their feeding throughs, which took forever, then grabbed a pickaxe and removed the rock that had killed me. As I had feared, there was no body bag under it, either, and no otter.

In this moment, I really just wanted to rage quit for today. My favorite shoulder pet & chibi, gone forever, just because I wanted to make my base pretty. I walked back into the nursery to cryo the magmas and log out. As I stood inside the nursery, looking out of the windows, across the river, I noticed a green glow. "How strange", I thought to myself, "I've never seen a supply drop come down in this exact location." Then I realized what the green glow meant, and what I was looking at: my very own body bag, which somehow had moved to a completely different location,
across the river and into the redwood biome, where I definitly did not set foot today.

I raced out of the base, hopped onto a wyvern & flew over, and sure enough, there was my body, with ~3 minutes decay timer left, and with the otter chilling next to it. None of this made any sense: why was my body there? And how did the otter survive being in the redwoods of all places without being eaten by the terrorbirds, or trodoons, or carnos, or any of the other nasties? DILO DILO DILO. 🤪 I decided that ultimately, none of this really mattered. I took my stuff & my otter, went home and logged out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(Official, Extinction) Finally I logged on to find myself IN the house, exactly where I was when I last logged off! Not on the roof, not on the porch, not in the trough. In. The. House! Fed the dinos.

Gonna refresh base on (Official, Crystal Isles) and check if wyverns need more crystals, and then it's enough ARK for today (and yes, it's barely any ARK today, but it's still enough).

I woke up this morning and realized I had left my Magmasaur egg in the hatchery. I was ecstatic to receive it as a gift yesterday. It must of hatched and died overnight. I swear, like I said before. In ARK, you either wake up to a disaster you go to sleep to one. There are no good days. Going back to work this week, so I'll have less time to be disappointed in ARK. 

Let the theri out of her pod for a little over 4 hours.  She went from 46% to 50% mature.  Woohoo! Made it to the half way mark.  LOL.

Game was being glitchy so I stayed close to home during that time.  Made a run for meat and berries, then noticed the stone cabinet was empty and took the doedi out.  Stone is so easy... just dangle the doedi below the argy and let it swing away.  Cabinet is full again.

I tossed some wood into the indy forge and made a batch of charcoal.  Then made gunpowder... bullets... tranq darts.

Used up some of the new stone to make CP.  Just to have some around.

Collected up some poo to toss in the compost bins.

Added flowers to the bee hives.

Pulled the 3 new rex eggs from last night out of the fridge and let them incubate for awhile.  Checked the timer on the breeding rexes and they won't be ready to mate again until tomorrow morning.

Boring day.  Logged off.

Starting off today, my other neighbor gave me another magmasaur egg. I put it in the hatchery with a giga egg my new tribemate gave me. I'm still rotating timers to get 100% imprint on every egg I hatch. My Argy became an adult today with 100% imprint. I have 4 wyverns with 1 more imprint each and they will be done. A deinonychus that needs 2 more imprints to reach 100%.

The server is lagging a lot today. Those world save lags are compounded by other lags very similar in nature. I'm rubberbanding all over the place. My neighbor lent me his adult magmasaur. I took it out for a test drive collecting metal. landed on the mountain and 2 saber cats jumped me. No, I was not happy to see them. That was a rex cryo in my pocket. I toss out that 450 rex and he chomps those 2 cats easily. I uncryo the Magmasaur and get to work. Wow, is it amazing. I loaded up my argie with about 8.5k weight in metal and headed back to my base to smelt it. 

It is near time for my eggs to hatch. They are both about 3 minutes apart. First the magmasaur hatches. It's so cute. I cryo it and wait for the giga egg. 3 minutes later on schedule, it hatches and out pops 3 gigas. THREE. I just hit the giga lottery. WOWOWOW. I quickly cryo all 3. I've been looking for primal crystals now for a few weeks and a guy just offered to give me some that he had. 

I cryo my 4 growing wyverns and jump on my adult wyvern and start heading to his base.

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

'

Then the server crashes and does a rollback. GG Wildcard.

• Like 1

OH MY GOSH... I tried taming a Tapejara on single player again... It was right next to my base and was a lvl 130. I ran home to get my bolas and ran back to it. I see it on the ground and it starts to fly. I go to the top of the hill it was flying up and I lose sight of it... AND IT FREAKING DISAPPEARS!!! I LOOKED FOR IT FOR 30 MINUTES!!! IT WAS GONE!!! It must have despawned or something! I hate wild Tapejaras... that day I also built a polymer farm and FINALLY got an industrial forge. I also tamed a manta.

SP Xbox, The Island

Finally got a medium-level yuty for the snow cave/boss mount. I think. Lol. To recap, I’ve been searching for so long, I decided to make a very well-established taming hut, with power, between the two snow mountains near the coast. I got a bunch of low lvl ones for eggs, but now it’s time to focus on yutys that can fight.

I had a few pretty funny deaths in the snow biome while on yuty hunts, but I always managed to get on another bird and find all my stuff and my original mount. All’s well that ends well. 

Currently torn between settling with the  semi-crappy yuty I have and trying the snow cave or continuing on the search. I have yet to see a max level or anything near that in my entire gameplay on the island. Tough call. Maybe I’ll use Semi-Crappy to get me into the cave just so I can establish an outpost. I just feel like doing something different would be nice but getting a good yuty is the critical task needed to progress. 

PVE Island official

Logged in, pulled therizino out of pod to mature, bred a few rexes for 3 more eggs, filled troughs.  Logged out.

PVE SE official

Climbed the hill behind my house to get a nice view and plan my next adventure.  Found an interesting spot in my spyglass to the north. Went for a walk-a-bout, hoping to reach said spot.  Didn't make it too far before a pair of terror birds cut me to pieces.  Ran naked back to bag, picked up bag... died again before I could even put on armor.  Same birds got me again.  I think they were hiding behind a rock... waiting for me.

Went back a third time and just ran through the area to lure them away from my bag.  Died somewhere down the path but the task was done.

Fourth time was the charm.  I was able to casually walk up to my bag without those nasty critters. Put on gear and continued my walk.  Played cat and mouse for the next 10 minutes, sneaking left or right to avoid the sabers, wolves, terror birds, scorpions, thorny dragons... died again when I rounded a corner and came face to face with a megatherium that was all amped up from killing a bug.  He one-shot-killed me. Took me three tries to recover my gear again.  This seems to happen every time I play SE.  I realized I am never going to get to where I want to go without some help.  And I am ready to admit my tough-guy approach to SE is not working.

Went home and made foundations and walls for a taming pen.  I am not trying to get anything spectacular, but a mid range wolf or sabre cat would be nice.  Since my house sits on the edge of a small cliff I figured the landing area under the house would be a good spot.  So I walked down to lay the first foundation and a silly rock elemental jumps up and ruins my plans.  I tried to lure him down the path but he got wedged between a couple large boulders and sat back down, still too close to my taming pen spot.  I left him there for now since my play time was starting to run short.  Went home, put away gear and logged off.

Back to PVE Island official

Logged in, podded theri (now at 53.5%), logged off.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Filled troughs with berries, unpodded Marblehoof, equipped chibi, took Phobos and went to Redwoods. Took a look at The Lair, only one Broodmother this time, but while I'm not sure if I need gasmask, I don't want to try and go in without one, so didn't chomp it. Found and killed an alpha raptor and an alpha rex. Phobos got a new level. Got thylacoleo'd off Phobos, the results were somewhat predictable: Phobos went "Om", Phobos went "Nom" and the thyla was no more. And then the game crashed.

After logging back on, rode to the tundra. Only one alpha carno there, but killing everything in sight gave Phobos plenty EXP, so when I was returning to the base he got another level. Marblehoof 3 hours away from his last imprint. Podded him. Put meat in all the troughs. Added more flowers to the beehives (pretty sure a full stack of flowers used to last longer). Cleaned the inventory of one of my lymantrias of saddles and weapons that I got during Winter Wonderland and never bothered to do anything with, and ground them up. Placed all the mats accumulated in the grinder into appropriate vaults. Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Single player on the island. Tried taming some Moschops for a polymer farm. I found one high level that only asked for stuff I had like berries and prime. I levelled the Moschops (Now named Mutton chops) On some Paras and Iguanadon to level polymer farming. I put Mutton chops in my poly farm and and set my penguins on mating with a torch full of wood. After that I went out with my Argent and my Doedic to get some stone. I then logged of.

• Like 2

Raised theris for beta dragon fight. Bred a total of 25, so I had some extras in case I lost any for some reason before the fight. Lost a total of 3 during raising because of starvation (Out of range from my trough :(). Now I gotta level em by killing loads of baby dinos (While raising these I kept my rexes on mating so I have 100s of rex eggs to level these with).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Raised theris for beta dragon fight. Bred a total of 25, so I had some extras in case I lost any for some reason before the fight. Lost a total of 3 during raising because of starvation (Out of range from my trough :(). Now I gotta level em by killing loads of baby dinos (While raising these I kept my rexes on mating so I have 100s of rex eggs to level these with).

How do you like using theris? I just started amassing my army and I’m nervous that I haven’t made the right Dino choice. I just prefer the size vs the Rex and I have access to a grotesque amount of veggies cakes..

3 hours ago, Cordiste said:

How do you like using theris? I just started amassing my army and I’m nervous that I haven’t made the right Dino choice. I just prefer the size vs the Rex and I have access to a grotesque amount of veggies cakes..

Its actually my first time using theris. For gamma dragon I succeeded with an experimental mammoth army. I used rexes for the monkey (cause I didn't have a good breeding line for any other boss creature). Luckily didn't lose a single one on alpha :). For spider (would use sloths but don't have a good breeding line for them yet) I also used rexes and had 11 losses on alpha. Theris I like because of the comparable stats to rexes and being agile. Rexes are pretty clumsy tbh and the dragon's breath kills them fast. Theris are actually pretty underrated for the other bosses and would be a good choice. What are your thoughts about them?

(Singleplayer, Crystal Isles) Found and tamed a female bos (Animals of Atlas mod). Adolescent, unfortunately, so she'll have to grow before she can be useful. Figured out the art of riding a bloodstalker enough to sling to the nearest floating island, then to next, then back to mine. Started building a greenhouse (frame of wooden foundations, center made of decorative foundations from eco's Garden Decor, all set to mud, glass parts not built yet).

• Like 1