So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) Unpodded Phobos, Pearl, Marblehoof and the parasaurs.  Tried to paint Phobos (unsuccessfully. While painting a giga is possible, it doesn't appear like they were made for it, as they don't even properly fit into the painting window). Painted Eggvelyne the Slayer (my oldest dodo. Earned the title by landing the finishing blow on a high-level allo. Has that allo's brain in her inventory). Bred dodos. Installed a second beehive.

Managed to get three presents (one had a 298% pike BP and something else I don't remember), then had two failed present runs (first one because disconnect, second one because the skiff-riding present hunter was there again, with plenty of greed and an amazing ability to not notice a glowing green wyvern already being there). Tamed a doed. Just for the colors (a nice shade of blue, though I'd prefer no light red on the spikes, but that can be bred out. The fact that her wild level was 150 certainly doesn't hurt either). Imprinted Marblehoof. Gave Phobos his last imprint. Filled his and Pearl's troughs, as well as the herbivore trough, because Phobos, Pearl and the parasaurs are staying unpodded this time (I put 2 stacks of basic kibble into Pearl's trough and gave Phobos one stack directly into the inventory for safety, but according to the breeding calculator they'll be fine even with just meat). Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

I ended up on an Official server. 892 I think it is. It took me about 2 days to find a spot to drop a campfire after about 5 deaths from starving or freezing to death. The other players on the server are friendly and do chat a lot. I'm not a people person myself so I mainly stay to myself, but it is still nice to read the chat to pass time.

During the New Years event, I was chilling at the location... Literally because it was in the snowy area and it was cold. Built a small hut to wait in. My pteradon was waiting outside. A frigging sabertooth tiger or something like that attacked the pteradon. Pulled out my trusty sword and killed the cat. Made the building a two story hut and put the pteradon on top. Should be safe there right? I go back in the hut and build several fire places to stay warm. Next thing I know the ground is shaking horribly and there is a boom boom boom boom. Then the text.. Pteradon was killed by a titanosaur. DILO is a titanosaur and where did it come from? I go outside and it is on its way going after something.

After the event, I started the two hour trek home on foot. I felt like a ninja sneaking through a giant field of hungry carnivorous dinosaurs and snakes. It was insane. Dodge this, hide here, sprint like a mofo there. Since I took my Pteradon, I came very lightly equipped to save weight. I did have a sword though for weaker things. So two hours later I arrive home. I start gathering narco berries so I can start the taming process on another Pteradon. After about 2 hours I had enough darts and narcotics for a decently leveled pteradon. I spent the next hour searching. Really closer to an hour and a half. I found one.. a level 140. I was happy. 

I start towards it, throwing the bola like a pro. Puil out my rifle, aim.. and bam! The text a Pegomastax has stolen my rifle. I am standing there like DILO! I turn around and chase down that little guy and hack him to bits with my sword. I get the rifle back. I go back and have to bola the Pteradon again. Pull out my rifle again, aim, and bam! A text that another Pegomastax has stolen my rifle again. OMG, like DILO! I tried to chase him, but he disappeared into the foliage. In disappointment I make that trek of shame back to my hut to craft another rifle. 

I craft 2 rifles. I am ready this time. I go back and the Pteradon is still there. His intelligence isn't too high because if someone bola'd me twice, I'd run off the second it was gone. I bola it again. Pull out the rifle and success, after a few shots he is sleeping like a baby. Fill his inventory with meat and narcs and wait.. and wait.. and wait.. wow is it a long wait. Finally, I have a new flying mount..  then the server crashes and resets. Sigh... I log back 15 minutes later when the server comes back up to see a t-rex face to face, which promptly chomps me in 1 bite. 

So.. I run back recover my gear and say f-it and just tame the first pteradon I come across. A super low level but at least it flies.  After all of this giant mess, I would do it again. Maybe I just like the abuse. Maybe the server lags, the rubberbanding, the crashes, the resets, just makes the game harder. Idk. But for some reason I love it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was pondering of demolish timer on a stone pillar with a wood ladder is the same as a wood pillar and wood ladder?  Isn’t the wood ladder 7 days and then a pillar by itself  times out in a day?

So would a wood ladder and stone pillar be no better than a wood pillar and wood ladder?

(wondering why people us the stone pillar combo with a wood ladder if my premise is correct)

Thx

If your still looking for a place you can come and join our server it's an unoffical  pvp server on the ragnarok map, the name is Kings Row. That is as invitation to anyone who would like to join the server. We are not about having one large tribe hang about on the server we would like to see people have there own tribes amd have lots of fun doing it. We have been around awhile and just recently refreshed our servers

36 minutes ago, Voidableant said:

Was pondering of demolish timer on a stone pillar with a wood ladder is the same as a wood pillar and wood ladder?  Isn’t the wood ladder 7 days and then a pillar by itself  times out in a day?

So would a wood ladder and stone pillar be no better than a wood pillar and wood ladder?

(wondering why people us the stone pillar combo with a wood ladder if my premise is correct)

Thx

yea it is much smarter to put metal ladder on your stn pil if not put metal pillar and ladder, as to why so many people do it... lazieness obv, many times I've put out stone pil with wood lad and forgoten to upgrade and wound up loosing my yard

Got stuck at in-laws house and didn't get home in time for New Year event.  Missed it by a few minutes, but then heard from others that is was mostly chibis and skins, and NOT high level useful saddles like I was hoping... so not too bummed.  Went snowboarding on New Year's day and didn't play ark at all.

Today I pulled out the baby therizinos and let them mature for awhile, might have been about 8 hours today.  Anyway, girls are now about 60 percent mature and boys about 45.  Wow, they seem to take forever.

At some points, the server stability was pretty good today.  I used those times to go on exciting adventures like meat runs, gather berries, and feed gachas.  I finally picked up riot leggings from a gacha crystal and now have a complete set (Journeyman helmet/boots/gauntlets, and Mastercraft chest/leggings).  

Question... often times the gachas will drop something better than a standard crystal.  Sometimes you will get primitive, ramshackle, or apprentice crystals... do they ever give better than apprentice?  I ask because after maybe 300 crystals I have not seen anything Journeyman or better.  If anyone knows a trick for getting better crystals then please pass it along. Thanks.

I also did an inventory of all my chibis and found out I have 48 different kinds.  Many of the duplicates were put out in a cabinet on the porch and labled FREE.  I still have a couple hundred mistletoe/coal to feed to gachas and hoping for a few more new ones from that bunch.  I have only looked at maybe 10-12 of them, but right now I think my favorite is the megalocerous (elk).  That little body and huge antlers is pretty darn cute.

Added a new set of steps leading down from the front porch to make access to the river a little easier.  And I added some new electrical lighting for my saddle workshop / armory.  The torches were starting to be a pain in the rear to keep lit.  

Hope you all had a nice New Year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

Question... often times the gachas will drop something better than a standard crystal.  Sometimes you will get primitive, ramshackle, or apprentice crystals... do they ever give better than apprentice?  I ask because after maybe 300 crystals I have not seen anything Journeyman or better.  If anyone knows a trick for getting better crystals then please pass it along. 

I haven't really bothered with gacha-claus but based on what I have read and experienced myself with my own gachas; they drop at the most apprentice level crystals (a result of a previous nerf), but in my experience you still get your share of master craft and even ascendant loot (albeit rarerly)

If you increase their crafting skill above 150% you gain maximum resources from each crystal, but any higher then that the amount of loot crystals frequency increases. Which is a negative thing with say element dust gachas as you want to maximise the amount of resources rather than master craft stone picks. 

I personally feed my resource gacha seeds to maximise element dust production. I still get about 10% loot drops. But I have read if you feed them structures the loot is much better, but I haven't tried that my self. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero) Pearl is fully grown now, so I podded Schedraya. Her place and her saddle are Pearl's now. For now Pearl is set to produce crystal, and I already got plenty from her. Demolished troughs I used to raise Pearl. Restacked meat in Phobos' troughs and put his saddle into his inventory, as he's only 10 hours from being fully grown.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Refreshed the base.

(Official, Valguero again) Couldn't sleep, so logged on again. Spent a lot of time looking for a male doed with a nice spike color to breed to my female with nice everything else colors. And found one! Level 150, light green spikes, same as female's spot color. Rest of him is green and red, so I named him Festive (perfectly tamed on kibble, by the way). And now I'm watching Phobos' maturation percentage slowly climb to 100%, so that I'll be there to slap a saddle on him the moment he's grown...

At least that was the plan until a disconnect happened at 99.9%. So unless it's a crash with a few minutes rollback, I'll miss the exact moment Phobos becomes a fully grown giga and instead will have to just log in to him being already adult which is cool, sure, but just doesn't feel as special.

Took Phobos out for some leveling and generally testing what he's capable of. Found a level 55 alpha rex - easy! Would be easier if it stood still instead of running all over the place, but alpha rexes don't really do the whole "actually paying attention to the opponent and fighting properly" thing.

Brontos - easy! No one-bite kills on them, but four bites for a level 20 is not bad in my opinion.

Hyaenodons - whole pack with a single bite! Deimos can't do that, always need to chase some because he only one-bites the weakest, but Phobos eats them all in one go.

Rock elementals - killed a level 85 and a level 20. Didn't count when fighting 85, but for level 20 it was 21 bite before it was dead.

Also, doed gave birth, the baby is female, colors right except dark green spots instead of light green ones, but still looks good.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Caught a Tek Rex today. Giant cluster mess in the swamp. Set up a 4x3 trap, 3 high. Went to aggro it, and instead got 2 snakes, a croc with large back legs and a sarco. Ran circles around the trap until the adds were dead. I was about 95% sure those snakes were going to put me to sleep and I was going to be a rex dinner. Turned my attention back to the rex. She wouldn't go in the trap, so I said screw it and went in myself and just shot her from inside while she was outside. She finally went down, loaded her full of meat and narcs, though I didn't need to use any narcs.  While she was sleeping, I cleared a path back to my hut removing trees and rocks. Went back and guarded her until she was tame and took her home to stand guard by my thatch hut.

• Like 1

Had a nice easy morning today for a couple hours before work.  

Pulled out Therizinos and the girls/boys are now about 65%/ 50% mature respectively.

Fed a few gachas but didn't get much today worth mentioning.  I realized today at work that the event ends in a few days and the gachas will soon disappear... so I made a mental note to finish feeding all my mistletoe and coal before they leave.

Made kibble.

Tossed ingredients into cooler to make more jerky since I just used it all for kibble.

Refreshed troughs with meat and berries, then made a few laps around the base on my wyvern to get more meat for the fridge.  Played with a couple alpha raptors along the way to bump chibi points.

Tossed a few more items into the free bin, then took some time to just sit and think about next steps.  Reflected on how I really enjoy the game despite the flaws and glitches.  

Packed everything away and went to work.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Took kibble, narcotics, darts and a pod, went to get a female spino, found only level 20, so tamed a pair of 140 pteras instead. Podded Elisabeth because I haven't used her since Deimos grew up, and now I don't even need her as a breeder because the goal (male 125% melee giga with her colors) is already achieved, but I like her too much to kill her. Nothing else important happened.

Once again, pulled out therizinos for maturing.  Also pulled out the rexes that my tribe mate was raising to help him out.

I decided to chase santa once today and got two gifts.  One of them had an ascendant pike and journeyman chitin boots.  The second gift had an ascendant thylacoleo saddle (not bp) with 108.6 armor.  Very happy with that!!!

Fed gachas for a few minutes... got an anky chibi.  I didn't have that one yet.  Now have 49 different chibis.

Gathered meat and berries like normal.

Ran the direbear down to the nearest hive and gathered some honey.  Went home and whipped up some Lazarus chowder and then made extraordinary kibble.

Male Therizinos are now 5 minutes from next imprint.  Packed everything away and will imprint after work tonight.  The therizinos are technically not twins because they have different fathers even though they have same colors and exact same stats.  I named them AC and DC.  (All my tames are named after musicians/ bands this time, lol.)

Edited by Penguin73
  • Like 1

A guy gave me a 196 rock drake. So happy. Best mount ever, saddle included. Took it on an adventure. Climbed to the top of a volcano. I jumped off to mine some obsidian and the mount jumped into the center of the volcano and died on lava i guess. So sad now. What a horrible day. Now I'm stuck at the top of the volcano wearing my best gear and tools and will probably die and lose them all also. What a messed up day. 

• Sad 1

(Official,  Crystal Isles) Checked on the wyverns.

(Official, Extinction) Podded Diablo, hopped on a wyvern, went to Forest Cave, game froze as I was flying above the Wasteland so I'll probably lose Diablo, my armor,  and maybe the wyvern too, depending on whether or not it decides to land and what happens to be nearby if it does.

I was dead, Eyepain wasn't, and my deathbag contained everything EXCEPT for Diablo's pod. Which means that someone stole it. Well, I hope they have fun with their new, useless wild-tame giga with mediocre melee that they probably stole assuming the melee that they saw in the pod was an unleveled one.

Also, the game froze again. And I'm still in the wasteland. And now both my Ext flyers are with me. So I'll probably need a replacement caving mount AND two replacement flyers. What a great day.

I was alive, so no replacement flyers and armor. Good. Still, it's a pity that other players can take things from a player's death inventory on PVE. It's the second time I lose stuff for no reason other than having an unfortunate and lethal disconnect while another player happens to be nearby.

Wanted to at least upload the two stacks of dust and another Artifact of Growth to retrieve them back on Valguero, but another disconnects happened, and when I got back on I found out I was killed by a raptor, and the bag wasn't there. Since I wasn't away long enough for it to disappear, it's clear that someone else is now enjoying the dust, the artifact, and the somewhat damaged but still usable armor I had on.

Fed the remaining dinos. Logged off. Not going to Valguero today, because the mood is ruined.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Facepalm 1

Imprinted therizinos. Fed a couple gachas and got a pretty nice MC riot helmet and a Equus chibi (now have 50 different chibis).  Chased santa and got a MC gasbag saddle.

Found an otter on the banks of the river just below my house.  Started to tame it but had trouble finding fish and ran out of time before I had to go to work.  LOL, looked a little longer than I should have and just barely made it to work on time.  Bummed because I only needed maybe one more fish and that section of river typically has plenty of fish.  But, that's ark for ya.

• Like 1

Today a player gave me a 200 baby rex. I thought wow, cool. I had to fly to a mountain top to pick it up. Got back to my house and my pteradon wouldn't sit on the ground. Just kept walking around. I hit E multiple times to dismount on the ground and then suddenly.... I get teleported across the map, back up in the air and dismount, falling to my death. I really just can't get a break.

12 minutes ago, Khruk said:

Today a player gave me a 200 baby rex. I thought wow, cool. I had to fly to a mountain top to pick it up. Got back to my house and my pteradon wouldn't sit on the ground. Just kept walking around. I hit E multiple times to dismount on the ground and then suddenly.... I get teleported across the map, back up in the air and dismount, falling to my death. I really just can't get a break.

Khruk, unfortunately that glitch has been around for awhile.  It has happened to me several times.  Eventually you will begin to get a feel for when the game is glitchy and not responding to your commands.  When that happens, remember to always be careful and never try to dismount from a flyer until your command to land has been executed.  Also, try to never panic and just be patient.  Typically the game will work out the kinks within 10-20 seconds and you can go about your business.

(Singleplayer, Extinction) Tried to start a new save, turned off Exp and began to build a base in creative mode. Unfortunately, looks like it's not happening, because something causes the game to crash consistently when I approach one of the corners of my would-be-base. Probably a mod. Probably Jurassic Ark. Pity, I like the dinos from it.

(Official, Valguero) Wanted to got feed dinos, continue raising unicorn, and generally do things, but the server doesn't show up and BattleMetrics instead of "online" or "offline" shows "invalid" which is kinda terrifying.

Okay, looks like it went back online as I was typing this. Good, would hate to lose everything.

Grabbed the last Raptor Claus gift (and it sucked. Stone gates, wooden gates, just stone, and a 150 lance BP). Fed the dinos, bred the pteras, unpodded unicorn and doed, filled the gacha with stone, and it all was fine! But now the game's frozen, it'll be a disconnect, and my almost perfect color baby doed will starve to death.

Bred tek rexes. Eggs go into the refrigerator for now, I want to accumulate about 20 or them (I use five females, so that's four breedings), and then hatch them all at the same time, for a somewhat better chance of getting a new mutation.

Decided that I  like the pego I tamed during the event (low-level female, blue and green) well enough to use as my shoulder mount, so it'd be good to have some spares in the same colors, so spent some time looking for a high-level male to tame for breeding. Found a 130, tried to tame, lost. Found a 140, tried to tame, lost. Taming progress was dropping really fast. Looked up on dododex, learned that I'm supposed to split the stack into 20-50 berries instead of giving it the whole thing (didn't know because didn't tame pegos without a taming event before). And the 130 conveniently got stuck in some rocks, so I finally tamed him. Already bred, currently waiting for the egg to hatch.

Pego hatched. Male, stats mostly inherited from father (good), colors also mostly inherited from father (but feathers are blue, like mother's, and that's what matters). Podded him, logged off, then remembered I left Marblehoof out, so gotta log back on real quick to pod him.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Chased Santa for the last time this morning.  Collected four presents and found some decent items... 2 MC longnecks, Ascendant Chitin boots, Ascendant XBow, and 2 Gasbag saddle BPs (1 MC and 1 Ascendant).  Also got a mastercraft torch and pretty happy about that (although I can't honestly remember if I got it from santa or gacha).

Fed gachas most of the mistletoe I had remaining but didn't get through it all.  I did get a couple nice pieces of flak and riot gear and now have complete Mastercraft sets in both.  I also found and ascendant sniper riffle and an ascendant assault riffle in my pile of crystals today.  Then I gave away piles of mid-tier equipment / tools to anyone that wanted it.

Had the therizinos out most of the morning and made it to the next imprint point.

Saw an alpha rex (lvl 70) just north of the house so I grabbed my chibi and giga and made easy work of him.  

Game is going through minor update so I will do more later.  I am tired of feeding gachas for now.  I think I will hit up the swamp cave when I log in again.  Ta ta for now.