So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

is this max lvl because unofficial? or because crystal wyvs have diff?

Because unofficial, our server now is 300 max.

Max level is 300, there's a few things at play: 1) it's a WILD wyvern so you get taming % bonus ontop right 2) Eggs would be level 450 max. It adds a lot, this is the oldest server running, DJ was one of the first admins when nitrado dropped - it mixes it up a lot for such a small change 

Edited by d1nk

(Singleplayer, Scorched Earth, then Extinction) Created a SE save just to get some stuff (level 1 fire wyvern eggs (yes, level 1. Breeding in my singleplayer is boosted enough that it won't take long to get something worthy, and starters being level 1 will ensure that I won't feel tempted to take a breeder wyvern for a ride and possibly lose it), and couple BPs not available on Ext). That was risky, by the way -  forgot to make a backup of my Ext save, so if that character switch glitch happened, I would have to either create a new character and reclaim my stuff through console commands (and I'm trying to not use console too much), or just start completely anew.

On Extinction I retrieved the things, eggs are in the fridge for now. Got lots of metal, so ended up upgrading Draco's saddle anyway despite the final base still being barely even started - I can afford it! The new base is still not a base - just some wall accents stretched between pillars, marking where the walls cutting my territory from the rest of the forest would be. Gotta only cut off one last way, and then I'll be able to start walls, and gates, and after that - the base itself! I think some dino enclosures, maybe a spino one, definitely an allo one, and I got a real cool giga BP, so gotta tame a giga too, and it'll need an enclosure most of all, since ARK Transcendence mod is on the list of what I'm using, dinos get moods, and if a giga gets angry... Yeah.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Logged on, checked if the bed's decayed (it isn't. But I maybe should make two bunk beds for CI and Extinction side bases, to stop worrying about it that much), checked if the wyverns have enough crystals (plenty!), logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos. While I was getting some fish for pela in the nearby tiny lake, a shadow covered me and my mana. A shadow of a tek quetz! Level 72, with colors quite good, of course I decided to tame him! I took Skylord, kibble, rifle, darts and narcotics, went to trap the quetz... And had to quickly alter the trap because it wasn't tall enough to fit a quetz. After that I managed to trap and tranq him, but got stuck between him and the trap's wall, so I took down the wall and the quetz slipped out. Fortunately, it was onto the territory of a tribe that's settled nearby (an okay tribe. Pretty big base, plenty of creatures, but not nearly the lag cube my previous neighbors had. I can mostly fly near it just fine), so the quetz was perfectly safe. I tamed him, saddled him up... And repainted the saddle 3 or 4 times, because his colors, while great, are difficult to match the saddle to. I named him Amethyst, and he's mostly a melee quetz, which is not a great thing, but whatever.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Last night I logged in and took the argy / anky team up the west slope of the volcano for metal.  Saw a fantastic doedi that was head-to-toe bright red.  Level was nothing special but I loved the color so I knocked it out, flew back to base and reset Disconnect timer.  Went back to doedi and finished tame-up.  I was excited about the color and having a back-up doedi initially, then got more excited about the extra eggs.... oh wait.  Crap!  Doedicurus don't lay eggs.  Oh well.  Took it back to base.

While I was feeding the team I saw a female raptor knocking at the door.  Logged off quickly to reset timer, then I grabbed my new thyla and let him tank the raptor punches while I shot narcs from the saddle.  worked great.  Now have two female raptors.  I will try to grab a male tonight to help with egg production.

Reset timer.

Made the metal run that I tried to complete earlier.  Cooked metal.  Checked, again, if I am getting any closer to industrial forge.  Just need a few more levels.

Made kibble in cooking pot.  Looking forward to industrial cooker too.

Made gas.

Reset timer.

Flew argy to a red loop drop in the north.  Forgot to grab fur and food... and almost died from cold.  Only got an angled electrical cable bp for my effort.  HOWEVER, I did see a 140 yuty on my way home.  So I grabbed all my stuff and went back...

Kiting it into a pen took some time and effort.  Had to reset my timer a few times during the process but it finally came together in the end.  Now I have two high males and a low female.  One male has pretty good health, the other has pretty good melee.  Now I just need a worthy female to work with.

Went to bed after that.

Edited by Penguin73
Was not finished with post
  • Like 2

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos. Replaced a pipe that got broken with a new, metal one. Took the BPs and items (mostly crossbows) that I don't need and put them into community vault.

(Singleplayer, Extinction) Installed the first gate at what'll be the final base. Tamed a giga, named her Greens. Good things about her: she has good-ish stats despite her extremely low level, and, thanks to the ARK: Transcendence mod she can be useful even though she's not adult yet (some dinos can spawn as babies, juveniles or adolescents with this mod, but they can fight, unlike the vanilla ones). Bad things about her: ARK: Transcendence gives some dinos personalities, and hers is Quarrelsome. A quarrelsome giga. Looks like giga enclosure is top priority now.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos. Put some rocks into the trough near gachas, maybe that'll be enough to have them not half-run out of food when I next forget to feed them for two days.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Xbox Crystal Isles Server

Finally got on last night for a short bit. Didn't get to do too much. Bred my megatherium again, got a slightly better female for breeding and a decent male that I put some imprints onto. Just to have a good deathworm killer or something. Did a few base chores, fed dinos, filled up crop plots, put more poop in the dung beetle.

Took off looking for some tames. Cleared the renders around my base a few times then found a beautiful brick red carno female, only level 110 but I literally haven't seen a decent female yet and the colour was nice so I grabbed it and got it tamed. If all else ill be able to breed its colours into my line. I would like one of those new navy blue colours for a new high level female but ill take this, for now. 

Other than that just cryod a few tames and logged off. 

• Like 1

Made it to level 86 yesterday.  Looked at engrams again and realized the greyed out silhouette at level 89 that I thought was the industrial forge was actually the cryo fridge.  The forge was back on level 80 and I flew right by it without knowing.... another one of my idiot moments I guess.  Anyway, I quickly switched my plans and spent some time making metal runs, raiding beaver dams for CP, and gathering all the other goodies for the forge.  

Then the game got really really glitchy.  But not normal glitches.  This was something completely different.  And one of the server veterans' made a comment about someone "duping."  I had heard of it, and new it was a thing some people do,  but never really felt the affects before.  All I can say is I didn't like it.  The server was unplayable.  So I logged off for a couple hours.

I got back on and made laz chowder.  Then I stole some honey from a local hive and whipped up some Extraordinary kibble with the 4 yuty eggs I had collected thus far.  Made a mental note to tame queen bee soon.  Collected eggs and made other kibble as well.  

Flew around for a bit looking for a high level female yuty, a male raptor (to pair up with the 2 females I already have), or any high level therizino.  I didn't find anything I wanted.  Started heading home under the moonlight and a red loot drop with a ring started descending nearby.  I waited and was glad I did... scored an apprentice double barrel shotgun, a journeyman chitin helmet bp, and a journeyman Plesiosaur saddle.  Made a mental note to start thinking about water tames.

Fed dinos.  Logged off. 

• Like 2

Xbox island official pve 

Short on time this week, had a wholly rhino for a few weeks. Recently traded a element dust gacha clone for a load of blueprints (as the survivor helped me get alpha dragon it was more a gift) including a master craft rhino bp. But I digress, riding the rhino around for nothing in particular was a joy in its self. Too much time spent on the ark farming or materials collection rather than just enjoying the menagerie of creatures I have amassed. Don't get me started on flint gathering with a mantis lol.

Edited by 2OLEgend
Spelling
  • Like 1

Xbox SP, The island

On 11/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Penguin73 said:

I don't have a bassilo yet on this play through but I loved them in my last game.  Had two, Nemo and Moby. lol.  I miss them.  Anyway, level the normal stuff (health, stamina, melee) and they will tank anything that comes your way.  Good times await you my friend.  Enjoy and good luck with the loot.  There is some good stuff in those caves.

Thanks for the tips! Basil and I faired just fine, thanks to this community for all your constant suggestions and support. Had I read that quote earlier, I would’ve named him Nemo! Lol. We cleared both water caves 😁 At one point in the harder cave we got swarmed by an alpha Megalodon, alpha mosa, all the fish in the room plus a large handful of dunklees. That was the largest battle of all the water fights and I think we only lost 7k health. I didn’t know there was a portion on land inside, and when I hopped off Basil to run around and have a look, I got chased by a bunch of spiders!! I definitely would’ve brought guns had I known there was dry land and other creatures. Huge fail, I’m sure there’s a drop up there that I had to leave behind. Oh well! Basil can handle things even better now, I can try to go see what’s there. To my dismay, the wiki has most cave maps, but not the water ones. 

Coming down off the high from doing those two water caves, I wasn’t about to just sit around breeding. I’m an accomplished caver, after all. At this point, there was only two artifacts left to collect - swamp cave and snow cave. 

Obviously the swamp cave was next. I had absorbent substrate from fishing, so I was able to make gas masks instead  of just using scuba. Took my caving bary, Ghillie (likely for the last time 😢), my best guns and Ghillie armour, and headed out. Our first encounter left us with less than half health, which shook my confidence. Alright, mass healing after each fight, got it. Being VERY careful at every step, I push thru the cave, always looking over at my iPad with the cave’s map on the screen so I don’t get lost. We got a few drops, mostly good Ghillie gear (which I won’t need anymore lol). Right before the artifact room we got swarmed again and an arthro broke all my armour. Threw on my contingency set and pushed on, but now this meant I had to leave the cave after getting the artifact instead of roaming around farming the drops. Oh well, definitely could have been worse and I did get the artifact and a drop or two. 

I’m not sure what to work on next, really. It’s coming down to boss army breeding, choosing a Dino to use in the snow cave and breeding it, boss fight prep, farming deep sea loot cates ... my head is just spinning at this point. Life is so simple when all you have to do is caves😂

I’ll certainly take suggestions on what I should do next!

• Like 4

@Cordiste You've officially entered endgame, congrats :) I can help with some tips for island endgame; No specific order but some helpful dinos / breeding you need for the bosses. Theri would be best for your main boss dino because island, dragon and tek cave (Rex's are a nightmare here solo), megatherium for brood AND clearing swamp cave easily ((cryopod it in)) (dont even need a huge bred line - just some imprinted ones with decent stats from near max tame parents) Yuty, bred. Snow cave AND all bosses for support (you ride this) 

Other than that your main hitch is gonna be breeding / taming all these so get a good set up for doing so at the base and oh God..  saddles. You'll need to run caves for drops for saddle bps and a load of hide metal and fibre for making them (thousands upon thousands) so a good dino ,/ chainsaw for that.

Seems a bit overwhelming but you're roughly half way to boss ready. Nows the time to hunt for tames, blueprints and start gathering loads of materials. Personally my favorite part of the game :)

• Like 2

Xbox Crystal Isles - Server

Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions. Wife was gonna be out all day so awesome, free time to play. Get home from work and the Xbox core services are down. Can't type text so can't enter my server...ugh.

Filled the void by jumping into SP quick onto Extinction to scout base locations. Ended up finding one near green obby. Went to watch movies and such waiting for XBL.

HOURS LATER - like 5 hours later it works! I get onto my server quickly and sort my base a bit. Cryo some tames, then go for my usual 'just logged in, gonna check the spawns' fly about. Nothing of note. Get back to base, do some more base chores and go on another fly. Spotted a 300 rex, max level, event coloured (same nice brick red as my carno last post) and kite it painstakingly to my taming pen at my base. It tames out with awesome hp / melee (16k / 490%) pretty good for even our boosted levels.

Get all my pre-made stuff sorted and flew my wyvern to a drop where I tossed everything into ark data to transfer to Extinction. After a hiccup with the drop vanishing mid upload (that was weird) found another and shot over to extinction.

Woke up near green obelisk-ish and threw the ptera i had in cryo in my inventory (kept main tames in ark data incase a glitch) then went flying about to scout. I forgot how laggy Extinction is.. jeez! Got to green ob and took out my wyvern, building supplies and took off again. The spot I picked on SP i wasn't happy with so went to the other side of the city to find a spot. Didn't have much time so I picked a quick spot, threw some gates up, a small hut and got everything stored and logged off.

One problem- the spot is nice. Beautiful. Its inside a city structure that i can block off BUT the square area has some weird load zones. Imagine it a square, made up of two triangles. Right down the middle of the diagonal line every time I walk over it I either load the city or the wastes. Each step over is a solid 5 second load freeze..... so I dont think I can base here.

A problem for tomorrow D1NK, just glad to finally be over on Extinction.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Attempted to heal rex army for alpha monkey, but stupid rexes take forever to heal even with 4 heal pigs. I just loaded the heal pigs with a bunch of food and went AFK for a while and still not healed fully lol. Hopefully they'll heal soon and I can jump into the battle.

Tip: load pigs with food. Like.. lots. Then fly out of render and come back. It should expell ALL rhe pigs healing into one moment and heal the Rex's a large portion (if not all)

(Singleplayer, Extinction) Saw a notification that a Shiny Tardis Therizino has emerged. "Tardis" type Shinies get massive weight reduction on EVERYTHING, so of course I needed that. Got baits, went to tame. He turned normal before I gave him the first bait, but I only noticed half-way in. Finished the tame anyway, probably gonna throw that blue disappointment with claws at the next enraged shiny I see to get rid of him. Or send him to the cave all by himself.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Checked on the wyverns.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos, and also it turns out I had mating turned on on my breeder male rex, so there were two barely alive unplanned eggs waiting for me. Picked them up, put them in the refrigerator, turned mating off on him. Took some pellets from gachas and placed them in the crop plots. Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:27 AM, Cordiste said:

Xbox SP, The island 

Coming down off the high from doing those two water caves, I wasn’t about to just sit around breeding. I’m an accomplished caver, after all. At this point, there was only two artifacts left to collect - swamp cave and snow cave. 

I’m not sure what to work on next, really. It’s coming down to boss army breeding, choosing a Dino to use in the snow cave and breeding it, boss fight prep, farming deep sea loot cates ... my head is just spinning at this point. Life is so simple when all you have to do is caves😂

I’ll certainly take suggestions on what I should do next!

Congrats on your successes.  I will agree with @d1nk on next steps.  Remember you will need to do each cave several times, not only for the loot drops but also to get multiple artifacts if you plan on doing the bosses more than once or want to try the different levels.  Having an otter around your neck helps with collecting artifacts. You can put one on the otter... wait for a few minutes for the artifact to re-spawn, then grab another one.  Otherwise you can only get one at a time.

Saddle BPs will make or break your efforts against the bosses in many cases.  Keep caving until you have the BPs you need. And like d1nk said, gather all the metal, fiber, and hide you can in the meantime.  I am still behind you on this play through, but I have already lined up a bunch of cabinets and am filling them up because I know I will need them eventually.

I personally prefer the yuty for the snow cave.  One of its' biggest advantages is its roar.  Do it every time you walk around a corner because it will scare all the purlovia out of the ground.  It will also cause panic in many of the animals that would otherwise be on you all at once.  It keeps some away and allows you to handle the threats a few at a time.  Other snow cave tips...

Don't forget to wear advanced fur armor in there.  Primitive stuff is not gonna get you to the end and back.

Take a cryo pod in case your tame gets stuck in the icy water... you can suck it up.

Grappling hooks are a must... I think you need them for one of the loot drops that sits up on a shelf.  There is also a spot near the end where you have to jump across the water.  It is hard to get out if you fall in.  I usually end up podding my yuty here and grapple across...And if you or your tame falls in the water you can grapple out.  I would suggest a minimum of 10 hooks. 20 is better.

I have always wanted to try fishing in there...Just curious what you could get from a level 250 (or better) sabertooth salmon. Not sure if it would work though.  And if you don't fish, remember to eat the fish.  Great XP.

Snow cave is my favorite. Have fun.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Last couple of days have just been a little blah.  I've had a ramshackle long-neck sitting in the cabinet for awhile so I finally pulled it out and made up some tranq darts... thought it was time to advance past the crossbow.  I have been looking for a better riffle but none have come my way yet.  Ramshackle will have to do for now.

Disclaimer... this is my first Thanksgiving event.  I am not really into the funny event costumes that some people make, and therefore have had very little interest in chasing down super turkeys or whatever they are called.  I have not even seen them yet.  I hear they spawn mostly on the beaches where dodos are found, and since my base sits inland I think my exposure is fairly limited. I have enjoyed reading the stories of other survivors and the turmoil these birds have caused on their lives... and I have developed an image in my mind of this terrifying creature the size of the empire state building with blood dripping from its beak.  Well... I finally saw one.  LMFAO! It is just a little turkey.  I laughed so hard.  Anyway, it was close to my base so I decided to see what all the fuss is about. 

I grabbed my rex and took a bite.  And another, and another, and another.  Lol, the thing would not go down. Then a second one appeared and started attacking me too.  Ok, now I see why people complain.  They are like the little energizer bunny that will not stop.  Five minutes later the sun goes down.  I turn on my torch. The fight continues.  A few minutes later my torch burns out. Crap!  I can't see them.  My trigger finger is getting tired too.  More laughs... but eventually they die.  Both were level 250.  Is that what they all are? Anyway. I feel like I am apart of the turkey slayer club now.  I put my 4 wishbones in the cabinet, and will most likely forget about them.

Both my neighbors (one base about my size that sits just north of me along the shore of the half-frozen lake on west side of volcano, and another very large base just down the hill from me) have moved away.  All dinos are gone and I have not seen any activity for awhile.  Decay timer on both bases shows less than 10 days.  Anyway, I am about to have a bunch of elbow room.

My neighbor to the north did take down a few structures and I was able to put a taming pen up near the lake.  Good spot for yuty, mammoth, wolves, etc.... Then later saw a 110 femal megatherium with great orange event color near the pen.  I didn't have a slothy thing yet so I said why not.  Used kibble and she tamed up nicely.  110 is not great but the plan is to find a good male to mate with and then I should be able to get a decent imprinted baby.  Perhaps not boss worthy but should handle the swamp cave just fine.

Found and tamed a mid-level M raptor to go with the two F raptors I already have.  Eggs for kibble. Nothing more.

I finished building the glass enclosure that overhangs the waterfall and plan on putting bee hives in there.  So I geared up and went looking for bees.  Tried using the ptera-barrell-roll technique and was not having much success.  Remembered how much I hated taming bees last time.  I decided to find a bear to tame.  That is next.

• Like 1

Xbox Extinction- Server

Logging in took awhile today. This weird laggy place combined with poor wifi and the wife streaming it took about 20 minutes. I woke up several times unable to interact with anything but able to demolish some stuff..weird. Usual ark stuff, quick bed hop usually fixes it.

Did some googling and found City Terminal locations, scouted out a few and found a nice one up top in the middle of the city. Real nice big open area with water, trees, rocks and bushes. Even a few lamps. Perfect spot to budget a transmitter for awhile.

Went about building. Had a load of materials in the cloud so went to work. Got a decent shack set up and even set up electricity and a few crafting stations. Walled off most entrances and put some prevention foundations around for good measures. Ive got a creative build in mind using the natural city structure that will hopefully make for a less boxy structure. Currently its my typical box with some sloped roof bits lol.

Set my stuff into storage and sent my naked self back to Crystal Isles for the next time I get on.

• Like 1

I tamed a bear last night on the Redwood beach.  Ideally a taming pen would have been best, but since there are so many pillars on those beaches...I shot from the back of my thyla.  Wow. It took awhile to put down because bears really like to run a long way... but I now have a bear.  

At one point while chasing the bear I saw an otter.  I went back later and tamed that too.

Today, I will try to find a bee hive within reach and see what the bear can do.

• Like 1

Xbox Crystal Isles Server

Managed to get on later after my post earlier. Transferred to CI and set about breeding a few of my half finished lines ive been working on. Just need to combine about 4-5 tamed Mammoth and Megatherium together to a m/f of best stats. With our pretty fast breeding it isnt bad.

Between births I was out chainsawing some brontos and such for hide and stumbled across a 280 female Carno finally! Got that sucker back to base. On the way back carrying that I spotted a 300 snail, after knocking out my Carno i went and grabbed that too. Luckily I made cakes a few days ago! This is especially useful for me because our slightly boosted weight / stack modifications i can use a good weight snail as organic poly storage. The CP is nice too but negligible until I get a few.

With the carno tamed I can finally start combining my awesome carno stats. Have a few tamed ones, set them all out (currently base is packed with - 7 Megatherium, 6 Mammoths, a wyvern im imprinting and now 5 carnos and their eventual babies) Good thing I did that big expansion. Spent the next while doing berry and meat runs, using and abusing my chainsaw to get a good hide stock going for later. 

Got most of my carno stats combined into a 468 born pair, still have good weight to join in and also a few interesting colour combos including a nice orange event, brick red event and a pure jet black carno. They're various stages of combined so I set them aside for now.

Took a bunch of breeder rejects and did another kill pit. I throw em all down the cliff from my base in the Halcyon plains, following one anchor tame on neutral to eventually die to the various Rex's and alphas over the days. Ive had about 10 ankies down there for a few weeks, they've killed a couple alphas and Rex's np. They died to a nasty alpha raptor level 280 rex combo so now there's 3 Megatherium, 3 ankies and about 5 carnos will join. I'll end up sending them to their death instead of spamming the server. A couple is alright but don't want to over do it.

Did a bunch of mat runs, metal runs and even redid my greenhouse, moved from ontop my house to beside it hanging off the cliff. More room for more crops and my beetles / snails. Let some stuff grow, organized my breeding cryofridge into folders and sorted my breeding stock so I can kill the unwanted ones today. Sorted everything then logged off.

A new guy just started back up on the server, ill give him some of my medium stock. Meeting up with him if I get on today some time. 

• Like 2

With the servers seemingly fixed (no more auto boot every 30 minutes) I decided to go caving.  I still want to try out the bear I tamed last night but since he is not a high-level-tame allowing him to gain a few passive levels first might be a good idea.  So I packed up the thyla and headed to the south cave for the artifact of the hunter.  Got there and remembered I forgot my otter.  Oh well, I did it anyway.  The cave must have been recently cleared... I found very few critters and no loot drops.  But I did go home with the artifact and that is the main point.  I was  very happy with the thyla (Hendrix).  He mowed right through everything in his way.

Got home and put down my artifact stand and enjoyed the green glow.

Reloaded...Grabbed otter and headed over to the North-central cave (SE side of volcano).  Thyla is just a touch to big for the first squeeze just inside the entrance, so I carried him in.  Got rabies with the first group of bats I encountered.  Survived.  Healed.  Pushed ahead and got rabies with the second group of bats.  LOL.  Survived. Healed.  Thought this cave would take forever if I had to stop to heal every time.  Made a mental note to bring antidote next time.  

Pushed ahead and found a green drop.  Dolphin saddle.  Blah.

Just before the artifact I got rabies again.  Survived. Healed. cleared area. Grabbed a blue drop. Dolphin saddle again. Double Blah.  Grabbed the artifact.  Put it on otter.  Waited and grabbed a second one.  Headed home.

On the way home I grabbed a yellow orbital drop near my base and got a MC sarco bp.  Not bad, but I don't have a sarco.

• Like 1