So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero) 1. If I logged on a mere hour later, I would have missed the giga egg, becase an hour is what's left on it.

2. Turns out I forgot to close hatchery's gate yesterday. It was open the whole time.

No other news, since I literally just logged on. Gonna feed the dinos now, I guess.

Fed the dinos, got Frostbite another level, wanted to get some paste from the beaver dams but had to clear out wood-only ones instead because someone always leaves them after taking paste. Giga egg hatched, female, all-wrong colors, wrong stats as well. Picked up a dimorph, killed giga. At least those wrong colors are good for leveling shoulder pets.

Gonna feed dinos on (Official, Extinction) and check on the base on (Official, Crystal Isles), and then I'm done with ARK for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Island xbox official PvE

Theri army progressed to 34% matured. 

More importantly a near neighbours pillar forest has auto decayed and some of the walls on the perimeter of his base have gone also. This has allowed me to open up the front of my base and access the coast without navigating a coastal path and shear cliff.

2 days time the stone components will auto decay,  unfortunately 4 am my time, but hopefully I will be the first to render later on. 

• Like 2

(Singleplayer-_) Downloaded a couple mods I don't normally use (Sci-Fi CKF, Tek Decor, and some other, also modern decor stuff), put them in load order, removed tech disabler and couple other ones I use for my normal, low-or-no-tech singleplayer saves, and started a new save. And this is how it went:

(-Extinction) was the map I settled on, and I started in Sunken Forest, as it's easiest. I decided to avoid cheating for most part, no escaping death with -fly, no spawning pre-tamed dinos. I did, however, put a box with a glider somewhere (without memorizing where - if I find it, I find it. If  not - no big loss), and spawned a few high-level wild tropeos above The City, though that can't be counted as cheating since they're, well, wild.

After that I returned to Sunken Forest and started actually playing. My first tames were three trikes (I'm using Immersive taming, so it's pretty easy). Powerful, sure, but slow and loud. After some time I left them, before even learning the saddle engram. Instead I decided to get some dimorphs. And I did! I didn't tame anything below level 50, and got about 8 of them. They're terrifying, like flying piranhas. Tear pretty much anything to pieces in the matter of seconds.

With the dimorphs I wandered for a few hours, but gained barely any levels since they took care of everything and I did no fighting whatsoever, until I saw a tapejara. Level 90, male. A few bait arrows later the tape was fond enough of me to dot fly away, so the rest of taming was easy. But I was only level 14, not anywhere close to learning the saddle engram, and running around with a tape on follow is stupid, so I finally started building a base. 3x3 foundations house, combination of vanilla wood structures and Eco's Stable Decor ones, with two floors (first is a small workshop, second is two rooms: bedroom, and a... Well, just a room, I guess. With glass walls, table, and two chairs. The sit-and-look-out-of-the-window room. Tamed two gachas, male and female. Both can make fungal wood, which is great. Really helps with building. One also makes crystal. There's also a bit of fenced-off land around the house. Really only a bit - about 3 foundations in each directions. Just enough to park tapejara, both gachas, and all dimorphs.

By building and harvesting I got to level 20. Not much, but still a bit close to riding the tape.

After I was done building the house (the fence around it, however, still needs some work), I exited the game. That's all I did in Singleplayer, and on servers I didn't do anything at all yet. Maybe I'll feed the dinos later today. Definitely won't do much else, though - did enough of playing in singleplayer for today.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

so i was flying my pteradon for the first time and i was being all happy when i started going down into the jungle and i was like okay it just needs a break then as soon as a land this reptile leaps out and hurts me and my pteradon i have just enough stamina to get back into the air for a brief second then when i need to land again i see it fighting another creature the lesson i learned, "watch your sprint meter while flying"

tl;dr: my pteradon ran out of stamina mid flight and almost got killed

(also it was about to happen again over a megladon in the ocean but luckily it didnt lol)

• Haha 2

The new player I invited into my tribe last weekend has pretty much disappeared.  He slept in a bed for a few days then was gone. He emptied out the cabinet that had his stuff, leaving behind some basic tools and a pair of podded baby Thyla.  I remember him saying this was just an alt character so maybe he does not play too often with it. IDK.  Anyway, he left more than he took so I can't complain.

I spent some time looking for cave mounts a few days ago but did not find anything.  Gathered wood, thatch and stone all weekend and did a bunch of building.... adding to the base I thought was done last week.  The top now has huge pillars stretching toward the sky and looks more like an ancient Roman structure than anything else.  I kinda like the way it is turning out.

Yesterday, I searched again for a high level wolf or bary. No luck.  So I unpodded the baby thyla from the cabinet and raised them up for 8 hours to the first imprint.  The babies asked for somebody I have never heard of before for the imprint.  It might be the name of my partner's main character on Rag.  So I put them back in their pods and will ask my absent partner about them if he comes back this week.  If not, then I will just raise them up and breed them to get my cave mount. lol.  But my guess is he would have taken them if he wanted them.  However, I will still try to do the right thing and give them back (ready for imprint) if he wants them.

The most exciting thing to happen this weekend was the surprise arrival of traders (from another server) on Friday night. There was a team of them all setting up shop on one of the obelisks (maybe all, IDK for sure) and filling up the common chat with advertisements and announcing what they were selling.  All of what they were selling was way too pricy for me.  Everything seemed to be in the 3k to 8k poly range.  I didn't even go but enjoyed reading the exchange of chat and bartering of those that did go.  Anyway, at one point someone got mad about something....  and a few minutes later came the sonic boom of someone entering a boss fight.  Someone must not have liked the prices, or maybe didn't like that these strangers arrived unannounced and blocked people from an obelist they needed (and their plans)... and started the boss fight knowing it would suck everything from the platform.

As you could imagine, the traders were not happy!  They started arguing with the entire server and it only got worse from there.  Then on Saturday they returned with a whole team of traders from their tribe and announced themselves as the new alphas of our server, lol.  We are PVE. They blocked all the obelisks with high level dinos and began griefing all those they thought might be responsible, OR anyone that stood up to them (like the people that have called our server home for 3-4 years). It Lasted for hours.  They finally left but said they would be back today to move in and terrorize our server until we pay for the dinos they lost.... But they don't see that side of the picture where they disrupted our life so they could make their monopoly money.  From their statements it is clear they are very arrogant and have a very massive operation and claim to own 1000s of high level dinos.  It appears they are playing a different game altogether... But I was proud of the many people in our server that stood up to them.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Penguin73 said:

The new player I invited into my tribe last weekend has pretty much disappeared.  He slept in a bed for a few days then was gone. He emptied out the cabinet that had his stuff, leaving behind some basic tools and a pair of podded baby Thyla.  I remember him saying this was just an alt character so maybe he does not play too often with it. IDK.  Anyway, he left more than he took so I can't complain.

I spent some time looking for cave mounts a few days ago but did not find anything.  Gathered wood, thatch and stone all weekend and did a bunch of building.... adding to the base I thought was done last week.  The top now has huge pillars stretching toward the sky and looks more like an ancient Roman structure than anything else.  I kinda like the way it is turning out.

Yesterday, I searched again for a high level wolf or bary. No luck.  So I unpodded the baby thyla from the cabinet and raised them up for 8 hours to the first imprint.  The babies asked for somebody I have never heard of before for the imprint.  It might be the name of my partner's main character on Rag.  So I put them back in their pods and will ask my absent partner about them if he comes back this week.  If not, then I will just raise them up and breed them to get my cave mount. lol.  But my guess is he would have taken them if he wanted them.  However, I will still try to do the right thing and give them back (ready for imprint) if he wants them.

The most exciting thing to happen this weekend was the surprise arrival of traders (from another server) on Friday night. There was a team of them all setting up shop on one of the obelisks (maybe all, IDK for sure) and filling up the common chat with advertisements and announcing what they were selling.  All of what they were selling was way too pricy for me.  Everything seemed to be in the 3k to 8k poly range.  I didn't even go but enjoyed reading the exchange of chat and bartering of those that did go.  Anyway, at one point someone got mad about something....  and a few minutes later came the sonic boom of someone entering a boss fight.  Someone must not have liked the prices, or maybe didn't like that these strangers arrived unannounced and blocked people from an obelist they needed (and their plans)... and started the boss fight knowing it would suck everything from the platform.

As you could imagine, the traders were not happy!  They started arguing with the entire server and it only got worse from there.  Then on Saturday they returned with a whole team of traders from their tribe and announced themselves as the new alphas of our server, lol.  We are PVE. They blocked all the obelisks with high level dinos and began griefing all those they thought might be responsible, OR anyone that stood up to them (like the people that have called our server home for 3-4 years). It Lasted for hours.  They finally left but said they would be back today to move in and terrorize our server until we pay for the dinos they lost.... But they don't see that side of the picture where they disrupted our life so they could make their monopoly money.  From their statements it is clear they are very arrogant and have a very massive operation and claim to own 1000s of high level dinos.  It appears they are playing a different game altogether... But I was proud of the many people in our server that stood up to them.

Things like that is why I miss official

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alternative1010 said:

(also it was about to happen again over a megladon in the ocean but luckily it didnt lol)

You’d be fine actually, the Pdon only force lands if it’s over land, over water it just loses torpor when you attack, sprint, and barrel roll. So basicy just find a safe beach and your good. Over lava is the bad one, for some reason it thinks lava is ground, and after will attack the lava for attacking it...

Also, for me, only had a short playtime, so I was doing official settings SP, no cheats, on my new PC(ryzen 5, 16GB DDR4, 1 terr Nvim, 1 terr SSD, 2 terr HDD, GTX 1050 TI 4GB) and it was AMAZING!!!!!! It was at least 50x better then the old laptop(intel 3, 8gb ram, integrated, HDD), I could run epic settings! Not only that but on over 20FPS with SUPER minimal lag spikes. I’m playing on High, and it’s like butter! Anyway, I tamed a couple of good Pdons, and a para and 2 trikes. Also got to level 19, so close to smithy....

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:28 PM, 2OLEgend said:

Island xbox official PvE

Theri army progressed to 34% matured. 

More importantly a near neighbours pillar forest has auto decayed and some of the walls on the perimeter of his base have gone also. This has allowed me to open up the front of my base and access the coast without navigating a coastal path and shear cliff.

2 days time the stone components will auto decay,  unfortunately 4 am my time, but hopefully I will be the first to render later on. 

Follow up,  I was the first to render the half auto decayed base. Only a handful of drop bags though. Most of the base is still intact as it is metal, 3 days left on timers but I'll be at work. Also with it being obviously auto decayed will make it a target for most of the server.

Apart for the land grab, only gained the contents of a forge (oil, scrap metal ingots) and a few artifacts ( clever, brute and ark max player trophy). 

Disappointed only as some of the base is tek level, the lapsed owner craft character still in tek sleep pod, but most of tek storage boxes are virtually empty. 

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed dinos, bred gigas.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Wyverns still have plenty of crystals, it'll take weeks for them to run out, so just quickly logged on to check if they're still in their place (they are) and reset decay.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos, finally got the wyvern to 1000 stamina, should be enough for any travels tha might happen in the future.

(Singleplayer, Extinction) Tamed two parasaurs, made a saddle for one (Explorer saddle, from Saddle Emporium mod) and halters for both, from the same mod. Completely replaced the house's parts with those from Eco's Stable decor. Finished the fence. Got two more levels. Still no cheats, very proud of myself for that.

• Like 2

So Today Was the day I would Finally Step Out of My thatch shack and get some tames. I tried to tame a dodo But I accidentally killed it because I didn't see that it was knocked out. So then I went for Bigger Game I knocked out a parasaur And named him Joel Then My base got demolished by a therizino and he illed me and my parasaur so i cried into my pillow for 2 hours. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Xbox Crystal Isles - server

Very busy weekend. I should have done this in two installments, got a lot of time this weekend to get progressed. 

Had three main goals this weekend: Get a turret tower set up for stealing wyvern eggs, make some industrial progress and get a SE bass set up for taming / an outpost if I'm away from base.

Last time I finally placed my industrial forge. Used the crap out of it this weekend. Since I already had walls and a small base set up I wanted to flesh it out fully instead of having a half shell like I usually do. I did just that. After a few hours farming at my base came and set up a wicked griffin pen, some other base stuff and found a 290 griffin to lure to my trap. Oh boy. This guy was a PAIN to knock out. I only had my crossbow, almost killed it many times. Took over an hour to knock out between it almost dying and escaping some how lol.

Finally got it tamed, went for a fly. Took everything back to my base and did a lot more building. I'm getting a little mixed up on order but spent awhile collecting, building and while I was out - taming high level pteras for wyvern extras. Got a few imprinted back ups, made a few turrets, some metal base pieces and all the extras for my SE base (fridges, AC, etc) went and set up a bit. 

Got side tracked on a CP run, tamed a mate beaver, a mate Mammoth and popped some babies for imprinted farming tames. Spent a lot more time than I planned collecting materials, going to and from base trying to gather all I needed and placing it all to make it look decent.

That was Friday night, ill post my other nights on my lunch break 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Didn't get to play last night so I don't know if the disgruntled trading company ever came back.  I played this morning before work but didn't see any evidence of them in my small corner of the island.  Anyway, I gathered materials for awhile and made a bunch of stuff to progress the homestead... finished the pillars up to the height of the behemoth gate.  Started on the ceiling. 

Achieved level 82/83 and made a chemistry station. And, of course,  I couldn't resist using it so I made a ton of narcs. lol.

Made a run up the volcano for metal and crystal.

Found a alpha carno wandering too close to my wall, so I hopped on the rex squashed the trespasser. Then made a meat run to fill up the fridge.  

Flew around during the night time hours to grab loot drops.  Most of it is junk but I did manage to pick up a nice MC crossbow, an apprentice rex saddle BP, and a ramshackle plesiosaur saddle BP.  They are not end game saddles but they are better than the typical scope or pike that I already have too many of.

Looking forward to increased rates for Turkey weekend.  I plan to finish raising up the two thylas my tribe mate left behind and then mating them so I can have imprinted baby.  He can have original two back if he ever returns. lol.  I might even try to get some rex eggs going this weekend as well.  

I do need to get a few low level critters to generate eggs/ kibble. So that needs to happen quickly. I have been so focused on building that I have not given any time to the kibble process yet. yikes.

• Like 2

Xbox island official pve 

Weekend server was full of beach Bob's begging due to free weekend. 

But raised therizinosaurus to 45%, started to raise basilosaurus and beelzebufo. 

More importantly hopefully having an opportunity to get alpha dragon. An allied server friend said that the deinonychus was the best tactic to take on my nemesis and was willing to help using their tames.

Today may be the day, death or glory awaits. 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

Xbox island official pve 

Weekend server was full of beach Bob's begging due to free weekend. 

But raised therizinosaurus to 45%, started to raise basilosaurus and beelzebufo. 

More importantly hopefully having an opportunity to get alpha dragon. An allied server friend said that the deinonychus was the best tactic to take on my nemesis and was willing to help using their tames.

Today may be the day, death or glory awaits. 😉

In Valhalla, Oden waits

• Haha 1

Xbox Crystal Isles- Server

Today was the day! I built myself a chem bench, more cryopods, a tonne of bullets and took my metal pre-made base and loaded it up to my wyvern. ...what's that server buddy? You want to give me level 400 giga eggs..?? Okay! 

..nevermind. No wyverns today (until later) - Spent most of Saturday evening imprinting my new gigas, decided to spend my between imprint timers well and farmed more materials, pre-made more base bits and bred some more of my own mammals.

Fast forward quite a few hours - its late Saturday night...now is rhe time! I rush over to the wyvern hive, spend awhile trying to find the perfect spot and voila, lay down my turrets, head out on one of my new purpose bred ptera to check some eggs out. Until this point I've been going in blind, just knowing there are eggs there..but not where. Didnt take long on my ptera to find some, grabbed one and took off flying to my turrets. .. pteras are slow. Barely survived. I had one of my new gigas on a leash beside my turrets, he did wonders. Took out my wyvern and went back on that. Max level 300 wild here so nabbed a few decent eggs including a 400 blood and 390 blood.

Went back home to hatch them, hatched a male and female. Perfect. Cryod them and set up for breeding Sunday. 

• Like 1

Xbox Crystal Isles - Server

Phew sorry for the cluster cluck of a weekend write up. Between my 60-80hr work weeks I'm just too scattered, going to start writing down my occurances again like I used to to formulate better write ups lol

Sunday -

Woke up, threw out my cryos and imprinted my new blood wyverns. I'm not sure what good stats are considered with the new max level, but they seemed pretty good so I bred them together got 3-4 good babies (and some free exp :D) and imprinted them, too. Mostly just backup / future boss dinos. I do like the colour patterns so ill see myself raising a bunch more for fun.

Did a remodel of my breeding barn again, raising just three wyverns plus my 3 raised ones I had no room already to walk or anything, I hate having to keep my base lifeless for the sake of having room so it comes again - time to expand. This will be my third expansion in a short time. Hopefully the last.

Besides raising the wyverns, I did more of my usual. When in doubt? Grind it out. My go-to if I'm bored is the same - metal run, stone run, wood / thatch then beaver dams. Worked well, built a bunch more cryopods and thanks to my wyvern reject babies got to level 88 for cryofridge finally :)

Monday - Didn't get on long, wife was a little peeved I spent most the weekend gaming so we hung out a bit and did a few small renovations irl. Only got on for like 30 minutes to quickly make a few cryofridges and a whack of cryopods at a drop. Not sure my plan if I get on today - we will see! Probably go place some cryofridges at my bases and work towards my newest expansion. This time I plan to double my base yards' footprint and make spots to park wyverns without their damn tails in the way. I know i could just cryopod most stuff but it just looks so damn empty. Looking forward to the new event colours.  (God damnit auto correct yes I want a u in colour, as its spelt the whole world over)

d1nk, out.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Missed the giga egg, because I forgot it's x2 breeding, so I didn't think to check on it. Well, it probably was yet another wrong melee and/or color anyway.

(Sigleplayer, Extinction) Thanks to a 145 alpha carno, reached the tape saddle level. But turns out immersive flight tapejaras are buggy (character sits below/partially inside the bird instead of on it), so I only used the tape to get to The City, where I tamed, saddled up, and converted into an Immersive Flier a level 50 argent. I named her Kaira. Also, lost all my dimorphs. They're alive, they just weren't able to keep up with the tapejara, so they're somewhere between Sunken Forest and The City, and I don't know where exactly, and I already use plenty of mods, so adding some dino finder isn't an option.

For the first time ever found a dust gacha! Except I'm playing with Shiny Dinos mod, and the gacha was a shiny. The Enraged variant. So, no taming, only killing. And it took a while, because no cheats, just a mediocre rifle with way too little ammo, and a strong but not very strong argent. But I killed it! After probably an hour or alternating between shooting from a ledge and circling above it, attacking with an argent. Got enough EXP from it to get Kaira to 2000 stamina, 500 melee, and even had a few points left to put into weight.

Made the house larger, added an extension where forge and some other stuff will be, it'll have a roof, but only railings instead of walls.

(Still Singleplayer, still Extinction) Went to The City to tame one of the wild tropeos I spawned there. It was quite difficult, mostly because I spawned them way too high in the sky, and didn't want to cheat by converting Kaira back to vanilla to easier get there (IF flyers are great for travel thanks to their gliding ability, but much worse than their vanilla counterparts when it comes to flying directly up). But after a while I managed to fly high enough to see a tropeo. Then it went same as any Immersive Taming of a rarely landing dino: some baits thrown with balloons attached, then, after he was tame enough to approach me, waiting on a building nearby, hand-feeding him baits. I named that tropeo Tiger, and was pleasantly surprised that I can ride without saddle, though I still ended up making one.

It took a lot or time to get materials for the saddle, and I had to spawn a primitive BP because engram doesn't work in the small fabricator I'm using, and I don't want to keep a big, vanilla one just for a saddle. After I got that saddle, some gasoline and 5 grenades, I went into the wasteland to test my new flyer. And he's pretty great! Needs more grenades, though, my aim is so bad, I didn't hit the corrupted reaper kings I was trying to kill even once. Also, gonna upgrade the saddle once I get enough materials. But all in all, tropeos are kinda fun, it turns out. And great for The City, when killing Enforcers - just grab and chomp! Easy kill!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

I went out to get the beta and alpha tribute stuff for monkey boss (Island). Got enough meg teeth, spino sails, and theri claws. Now i just need the megalania toxin and thyla claws.

Thyla claws aren't too bad to get. I plan on grabbing my rex and wandering in the redwoods until I find some or get thyl'ad off my rex. Anyone know any better strategies?

Finally, need some megalania toxin. I know there are megalania in caves, but are there any other areas not in caves where I can find them? I really don't want to deal with more arthros, bats, and spiders.

• Like 1