So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I realised quite happily that you can whistle underwater. I didn't expect it.
So... on Valguero (Chaos Server) I started diving. Only small dives, but with scuba gear. Got me 500 (white) Perls, which happen to be right next to my base. Nice. Got a nice Sarco as Bodyguard and had fun getting it to kill Mantas and low-level Megalos. Let's see what else he's capable of. Didn't bother him much, yet.
Other than that I'm having first experiences in breeding. Have a nice pair of Thylas (gift from another player) and try to get one every day. One of the newcomers is already adult, three more coming (with 1 day difference in birth, each). Having problems killing my Ovis (the new ones, those I get from breeding). Seems it's not always allowed?

Have fun everybody.
Eleusius.

• Like 2

(Official, Crystal Isles) Tamed a level 20 tropical, leveled her a bit and uploaded.

(Official, Extinction) Downloaded the tropical and brought her to my base. Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Made and installed a bunch of large crop plots. Put narcoberries in one, stimberries in other, longrass in third, rest aren't seeded yet because I ran out of fertilizer and don't want to use pellets. Loaded one of the dung beetles with some dino feces. Finished hatching giga egg, wrong color, killed. Bred gigas again. Bred rexes, incubated new and old eggs for a bit, then put them in the refrigerator. Fed the dinos and logged off.

• Like 1

Xbox Crystal Isles- Server

Not much to report today. Been working a lot lately and didn't feel like doing anything crazy in ARK today. I have to remember to pace myself or ill end up in the eventual boredom loop of feeding and maintaining. Dont want that! 

Puttered around my base while popping anky eggs to hatch. Gathered 10 eggs to hatch at once and popped em all down while doing some touch ups on base. Finally got all my stats to combine into a m/f copy of each other, great. Next project is to add my melee mutation I had and aside from taming others for stats im not going to work on the line much. Ive done Anky lines a million times and would like get a nice niche line to work on.

That being said nobody has any good Thyla lines around the server so ill be taming a few of those soon. Went to the redwoods to tame some- admin added bloodstalkers to their spawn so nope'd out of there quickly. Thylas are such a mainstream tame so ill be "puts on thick rimmed glasses and a toque" doing carnos for some change. 

Did a metal run with one of my new ankys then went back to build.

Was building some pieces for a new base addition- going to detach my breeding pen so its not one huge building, always liked compound base builds rather than  just one big box builds. - when I had enough of trying to navigate my Mammoth around to build. Great tame, but need something a little more compact to ferry wood around the base. Beaver time.

Went off to get some dams anyways, grabbed a few and grabbed a 260 beaver to bring home to tame. Its a long tame with loads of torpor timer manipulation so I stayed in my base. Built a few vaults, some pieces to my breeding pen and was going to start placing the footing but was getting tired.  Decided I'd save it for today after work. As I'm typing this I remembered we have those corner foundations now, so ill build something somewhat aestetically pleasing but also isn't too bad on my load times. Still using an original Xbox one here, not excited for the eventually "base is so big to load in first try" phase that will eventually come. 

Anyways, just rambling now. 

D1NK out

• Like 1

Offical Xbox island PvE

Big few days in ark.

Many weeks in preparation, began by total accident. I missed the alpha dragon boss fight that my server friends undertook due to real life getting in the way of gaming, as it should honestly. My server colleagues succeeded but left them weary of a repeat performance on behalf of myself, as I'm not part of their tribe just a loose affiliate. 

I was trading with a real OG on the island and this is where the aforementioned accident occurred,  he said that I could have some theris (therizinosaurus) eggs for free, so I could do the alpha dragon solo.  I took the eggs raised them to adults. Their stats were indeed boss fight level, on this very forum discussed the various strategies  I continued to breed, hatch, raise, etc. Researching all the time. The extra life event happened I ended up with 20 adult theris, yuty and a daeodon. Boss fights  here I come. But extra research leads me to vegi cakes and kibble food for pig. So I spend days crafting kibbles and cakes.

But holding back on the juicy and traumatic details no longer here is the results of my endeavors

First 'solo' effort 

On the advice of this forum ditch the pig, the healing it offers is nothing compared to the extra dps of an extra theri. I only had 20 theris and was really keen on keeping a breeding pair, so taking to the global chat I asked for a theri for sale. I had even practiced group whistle drills with the theri army.

Rather than an extra theri I ended up with a server friend whose experience I was definitely delighted to add to my ranks. On their advice they wanted to use their own boss rex.  So me on yuty, 18 theris  (21k hp and 1400melee) server legend on their own boss rex.

Blue obelisk, 18 theris with 10 cakes each, server legend on rex and me on yuty load up to arena.... 

• Like 1

Started the weekend feeling good about progress... house is practically done... is basically a 8x15 structure with nice porch over the river and views of waterfall and volcano. It is 4 high on the main level and has a second floor for sleeping and storage.  I also have an attached argy taming cage and balcony with forges.  The greenhouse is also complete and crops are growing nicely. An attached bee aviary is almost complete, just needs a glass ceiling and of course, bees.  I have a separate room for an armory and saddle workshop.  And I have recently placed many storage closets and added a fabricator and industrial forge to the interior. It is very modest when compared to many of the other bases but I am alone and it is all I need for now.

Outside I have completed the staging area / holding pen of 13 behemoth gates in a circle.  I HAD a trike, Gus, for a few days, but otherwise I built everything without the use of wood or thatch gathering tame.  My deodi has been with me pretty much the whole time to help with stone and I consider him my hero to this point.

Anyway, the house is livable.  The few tames I have can fit nicely inside, and I am tired of building for now.  So I started the weekend with the hopes of finding a good cave mount.  I searched for awhile for a good wolf. Nothing. Then got on the boat and sailed around looking for a bary.  Didn't find one of those either. But I did find a beaver. So I now have a beaver after the base is built. LMAO. 

Flashback.. weeks ago one of the more established resident of the island acquired some rex eggs from a trade in another land and said he would raise them for me.  So he did and I was able to find my way to him a couple times to get a 40 percent imprint during the process. When done he podded them and gave them to me. I put them in the fridge and basically forgot about them since I didn't really have protection for them.

Flashforward again... Took the beaver home and decided to let the rexes out for some fresh air in my new holding pen.  two are boys at levels 336 and 404, and twin girls at 331.  All of them have about 50 available levels to apply but I know to be careful with the 404 so I don't cap it and lose it.  I will breed it with the twins when I get a chance, perhaps at the next event that offers quicker breeding times.

That was Friday, to be cont.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

Offical Xbox island PvE

Big few days in ark.

Many weeks in preparation, began by total accident. I missed the alpha dragon boss fight that my server friends undertook due to real life getting in the way of gaming, as it should honestly. My server colleagues succeeded but left them weary of a repeat performance on behalf of myself, as I'm not part of their tribe just a loose affiliate. 

I was trading with a real OG on the island and this is where the aforementioned accident occurred,  he said that I could have some theris (therizinosaurus) eggs for free, so I could do the alpha dragon solo.  I took the eggs raised them to adults. Their stats were indeed boss fight level, on this very forum discussed the various strategies  I continued to breed, hatch, raise, etc. Researching all the time. The extra life event happened I ended up with 20 adult theris, yuty and a daeodon. Boss fights  here I come. But extra research leads me to vegi cakes and kibble food for pig. So I spend days crafting kibbles and cakes.

But holding back on the juicy and traumatic details no longer here is the results of my endeavors

First 'solo' effort 

On the advice of this forum ditch the pig, the healing it offers is nothing compared to the extra dps of an extra theri. I only had 20 theris and was really keen on keeping a breeding pair, so taking to the global chat I asked for a theri for sale. I had even practiced group whistle drills with the theri army.

Rather than an extra theri I ended up with a server friend whose experience I was definitely delighted to add to my ranks. On their advice they wanted to use their own boss rex.  So me on yuty, 18 theris  (21k hp and 1400melee) server legend on their own boss rex.

Blue obelisk, 18 theris with 10 cakes each, server legend on rex and me on yuty load up to arena.... 

.....this is exactly where it starts to unravel. The whole point of me being on the yuty was the group buff gained from the yuty roar, but here's the thing, I didn't know what button to press to generate the roar. I basically was running around the arena on a fluffy green mount effectively doing nothing but random button pushing. 

Because of my failure to practise with the yuty and not watching my health I was killed by a fire ball.

I fly back to the blue obelisk as quickly as possible, when I arrive my army respawn. Surprisingly relatively unscathed, even my mount was still half full of health. My friend not only killed the dragon solo without the ability to control my army, but also had the presence of mind to recover all of my kit. 

So I on re-podding my army I find one with about 400 element in its inventory. I tried to share the booty with my colleague but they would only take 1 element in payment, like a true hero would do. Apart for the fact I was defeated by the Alpha dragon I recieved all the spoils of war which I had no part in winning. 

Me 0-1 Alpha dragon.

I immediately set about gathering the tributes required for another go at the Dragon. After about an hour I was gifted the artifacts I need, i crafted the cakes for the theris and healed all my dinosaurs.  

I reached the blue obelisk again with my army,  this time I left nothing to chance, I found out how to generate the yuty buff roar. 

A tribe I was allied with were interested in joining the next fight, but they grew bored waiting for me collecting tributes, they started the brood mother fight to pass time. So I waited for them to finish. 

Second attempt at the Alpha dragon 

Again me on yuty, the hero of the previous fight on their own rex and the tribe of two on a couple of my theris. In total 18 theris, a yuty and one rex. 4 survivors in total also, I loaded the tributes into the console and the counter begins....

.....The screen whites out....

...Then I'm left standing on the obelisk total by myself...

.....what the raptor?

I find out in chat that the fight is ongoing without me, apparently only my yuty was not involved. Surprisingly my theris were completely capable of taking on the dragon without the commands of an absolute idiot holding them back.

My army respawn loaded with the spoils of war, but I am still the loser, still no tek engrams. Lol I know I'm 800 element richer but such an absolute hollow pair victories. I say victories only my army can claim victory I'm still defeated.

Me 0-2 Alpha dragon 

I begin the whole tribute gathering again, the relief that only my pride has been damaged it could have been much more painful at least my army was intact and proven it the fight not once but twice.

The next time will be better.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very busy weekend.

20201115193536_1.thumb.jpg.a83c21257576acf9076ba5b51519fb33.jpg

We started off as you might expect, with a base move via cargo train. I actually only lost one dino, the stego, to a fast moving spino. It was dead before I could even turn around on my own. Honestly I had more or less expected that so I hadn't put anything important on it. Sad but we just kept moving. Sorry stego. The doed also balled up so I left it behind, not expecting much there either. (I eventually retrieved it later.)

Aside from that we successfully completed our move, but I quickly recognized a problem. While spawns had been cut significantly by the foundations, they hadn't completely blocked large spawns so I was still getting a lot of piranhas and one spino spawn. That is not something you want in your base after the novelty of taming one there wears off.

I did get one advantage though, a midlevel doed had spawned and was walking around inside my walls. I tamed it to replace the first one. I also ended up taming another ravager while I was at it. Better stats but nothing really standout. But that's also not something you want in your base on the regular.

So I actually ended up tearing down most of what I had done previously and reconfiguring the whole thing into the setup you see here. I don't hate it, but it definitely ranks as one of my least inspired builds. Honestly, I just don't care that much this time around. I was watching Syntac's ultimate run on Ab as I went and he hit the same wall too; I think it's just a natural fatigue point from grinding the story straight through. The Island was very long and grindy with a few bottleneck points and two very difficult bosses. Scorched Earth is a hard start but dead easy as soon as you get a good bird. Aberration is hard all the way through.

Sharp eyed observers with notice something a little crazy on one of those gates though. That is indeed a rock drake. How did I manage to get one so quickly? Well, the spino I tamed was female to go with my male. Since I don't have to worry about leveling up, I was able to grind out a super basic breeding setup and hatch a couple of eggs while I was building. One got all the bad stats, but the second one got all of the high rolls. That is the spino in the picture actually. I raised it, got lucky with imprints, and leveled it up easily with a couple sweeps down the river. Spinos give amazing exp, and so do fish when you can attack once and kill like 30 of them at a time lol.

While I was out and about I collected materials, yes it is very hard on spinos but we managed, along with a couple runs with ravagers. I did get arked and almost lost Runt at one point, but I got her back. Got a gas collector up and running, got an anky, made a set of cryos and 3 sets of hazard gear. Always 3 for your first run down, I barely managed with 2.

Loaded up with everything I felt I needed and we set off down into the blue. So this part i hate, I get lost every single time trying to find the right path. That's just me though, I'm so bad at navigating, especially when you throw altitude into the mix. With a little help from YT we got it though.

Thus began our long run down into the red zone. So, this is the main reason why I prefer spinos for egg raids. Because they are an apex predator, almost nothing aggros on them. I only had to deal with other spinos, rock drakes (obviously), and stupid seekers. Everything else we either ran over or into without issue. It's a long run but I did build my spino with this in mind so he has high stamina, decent hp and a lot of melee.

We eventually made it to the rock drake trench, cleared it out and went for basically the closest, easiest nest I could get to. I suck with climbing picks so I kind of had to. Grabbed a single level 135 egg and we immediately left. The spino couldn't have easily carried more than one anyway those eggs are heavy.

A long run back up, and I got lost getting out of the blue zone again. Literally every time.

The very last thing I did on Saturday was raise that egg and went to bed happy knowing I had a rock drake waiting for me.

Sunday did not start out nearly as auspiciously as you might expect. In fact, while I was in game I actually was not active for a good part of the day while I was doing other things. Just the occasional water run while the passive exp stacked up.

Eventually I settled in around midafternoon to actually play. Took the drake out and about to get reacquainted with one of my all time favorite Ark tames. Now, this one isn't great. It's actually fairly well rounded--except for having low HP. By low I mean terrible. So this drake is essentially what I would consider a tame helper mount. I gave it a good amount of stamina and hp and no melee and we're just going to glide around getting whatever I need. We will of course go down into the trench for more eggs later, just not yet. I have cryos so it's not the worst thing, I can pop the spino out to do the work for me.

I will say, Aberration was a lot harder before cryos were a thing. It really trivializes the emphasis on ground travel on this map, especially once you get a drake.

In the meantime I had scouted a 150 megalo very close to my base actually, so I built a little pen and used my new drake to successfully tame my first one in a very, very long time. The stats aren't useful for a boss but it stood up with 43 stamina, definitely worth it if I ever want to run around on one which I probably will once I get more.

I also went and got myself a pair of high level shinehorns because I really don't like bulbdogs. I really want some featherlights but that's a thing for later, maybe even after I finish the story grind later. But anyway I bred them and got triplets, amazing luck. Raised them all up, fully imprinted, and I will be using those from now on. Good thing I have multiple since I will more than likely lose them at some point lol. That's why I got a pair to breed.

And that's honestly about it. I've been starting to stockpile resources but I still have a long way to go before I start digging into the parts of Aberration I'm not familiar with. This week's goal is definitely to establish my megalo line and hopefully by the end of the week I can get back down to the trench to find some better eggs. Even with a rock drake that's kind of a chore, which is why I didn't want to do it right away even though it's dangerous to only have one drake. I need at least 3 to be comfortable, and I know I need a good one (preferably with a backup) for Rockwell, so that's 5 in total. 

• Like 4

Crystal Isles- Server

Not much happened in the server that was exciting yesterday. Besides a friend gifting me a cryofridge and the same server mate leaving a vault unlocked of crappy blueprints (for him - great for me) I didnt so much but build. 

Worked on my new breeding pen, I'm pretty happy with it. Also decided to redo my base. Spent the time to properly plumb and wire both bases. That was a huge source of grief for me..knowing I didn't properly wire my first base. Now it's done and even expanded upon it and made a proper crafting area worth my later base.

Other than that, nothing. Productive day none the less! 

D1nk out

• Like 3

Spent most of my session today doing loops of the local megalo spawns. Why do they all have such crappy stats? I tamed one female and ended up with a new high roll in stamina--44 pts. Great for general purpose, but not what I'm looking for at all. Also my rock drake does not handle fighting them very well so that's a bit frustrating. Kind of why I'm sticking close to the edges of blue zone, just in case we get ourselves into trouble.

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Fed the dinos. KIlled off a few babies I had podded and definitely don't plan on raising. Checked on the giga egg. Used Snow (the unicorn) to gather some berries, except when I was taking her out of the stable I had to dismount, got stuck in the ceiling, and had to destroy a part of it. Thinking about maybe taking the stable down entirely and building a new one, smaller and with less chance of getting stuck in the ceiling when dismounting in the stable.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:16 AM, 2OLEgend said:

Offical Xbox island PvE

Big few days in ark.

First 'solo' effort 

22 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

.....this is exactly where it starts to unravel. The whole point of me being on the yuty was the group buff gained from the yuty roar, but here's the thing, I didn't know what button to press to generate the roar. I basically was running around the arena on a fluffy green mount effectively doing nothing but random button pushing. 

Because of my failure to practise with the yuty and not watching my health I was killed by a fire ball.

I fly back to the blue obelisk as quickly as possible, when I arrive my army respawn. Surprisingly relatively unscathed, even my mount was still half full of health. My friend not only killed the dragon solo without the ability to control my army, but also had the presence of mind to recover all of my kit. 

So I on re-podding my army I find one with about 400 element in its inventory. I tried to share the booty with my colleague but they would only take 1 element in payment, like a true hero would do. Apart for the fact I was defeated by the Alpha dragon I recieved all the spoils of war which I had no part in winning. 

Me 0-1 Alpha dragon.

I immediately set about gathering the tributes required for another go at the Dragon. After about an hour I was gifted the artifacts I need, i crafted the cakes for the theris and healed all my dinosaurs.  

I reached the blue obelisk again with my army,  this time I left nothing to chance, I found out how to generate the yuty buff roar. 

A tribe I was allied with were interested in joining the next fight, but they grew bored waiting for me collecting tributes, they started the brood mother fight to pass time. So I waited for them to finish. 

Second attempt at the Alpha dragon 

Again me on yuty, the hero of the previous fight on their own rex and the tribe of two on a couple of my theris. In total 18 theris, a yuty and one rex. 4 survivors in total also, I loaded the tributes into the console and the counter begins....

.....The screen whites out....

...Then I'm left standing on the obelisk total by myself...

.....what the raptor?

I find out in chat that the fight is ongoing without me, apparently only my yuty was not involved. Surprisingly my theris were completely capable of taking on the dragon without the commands of an absolute idiot holding them back.

My army respawn loaded with the spoils of war, but I am still the loser, still no tek engrams. Lol I know I'm 800 element richer but such an absolute hollow pair victories. I say victories only my army can claim victory I'm still defeated.

Me 0-2 Alpha dragon 

I begin the whole tribute gathering again, the relief that only my pride has been damaged it could have been much more painful at least my army was intact and proven it the fight not once but twice.

The next time will be better.....

Well, things tend to happen for a reason,  but I'm not sure why it ended up the way it did.

Preparing for my 3rd attempt at the Alpha dragon this is the day after the two previous failures. I had been very lucky to have most of the tributes, tentacles, brains, gigas hearts, etc. This was only due to the fact I never discard anything well farming materials. But artifacts was a different story I can count on one hand how many caves I have done, I mostly trade or rely upon other survivors to supply on their runs. This was no different this time, I made cakes and obtained the tributes,  only basilo blubber was needed.

I set out with my breeding pair of basilosaurus hunting for the required beast for my requirements, I happened to aggro a couple of alpha megs. Now only my male basilo had a saddle, my first mistake of the day, soon I only had a male left. Worse than that I couldn't even harvest my own tame to get the required tribute item, the sea had now turned into a mosh pit of alpha megs, jellies and huge alpha mosa. I adjusted my tactics I flew around the island on my wyvern and eventually found a low level basilo near herbivore island, but this only yielded 2 of the required 10. In hope I fell back into old habits and resorted to global chat begging for trade of said items, fellow survivors felt pity and I soon had the required tribute which was mostly donated.

I don't know if it was because of the previous two failed attempts or the bruising encounter in the ocean, I felt a uncertain about my next fight. I confessed this to an alliance survivor the very same tribe leader in the theris second victorious fight (although defeat for me). As this conversation was on global chat the benefactor whose tributes were gratefully received previously gained their seat on the third attempt.

The third Alpha dragon 

Again me on the yuty "Mr Honker", survivor A on their own rex and survivor B on one of the 18 strong therizinosaurus army. 

The battle ensued with the theris in short time getting the dragon down to half health. Then the dragon started a prolonged period of airborne attacks, the survivor on the rex expired, a couple of therizinosaurus were just outside my whistling range and became caught in the lava they didn't last long. The dragon then began to gain the upper hand, one by one theri after theri began to be picked off. Pretty soon my yuty without any protection met his demise, I luckily made it to a theri and recomencing my attack, now the dragon was with a whisker of death. My final colleague passed away at the 15 minute mark, leaving me and about 3 theris, but by this time the fight seemed hopeless even though the dragon down to the smallest amount of health. My mount having given it's all perished and I was alone facing the dragon, I had come  equipped with shotgun ammo of about 400. My second mistake of the day NO SHOTGUN, I lasted about two seconds after the realisation. 

I was totally shattered by my own mistakes, yet again in failure. But much worse than that my whole army this time was decimated. I was on my way back to recover my argy from the obelisk, I disconnected above the glacier area.

I eventually get back on alive and my owl hovering above, soon I was back heading towards the obelisk. I get to "Red Tractor" my work horse argy, with an inventory full of empty cryopods. But to further compound my grief two shotguns, a monument to my ineptitude. 

I would love to say being a mature gamer i shrugged it off as one of those things, but I returned to base, filled troughs and logged off.

But being Ark.

About an hour later I was hatching eggs in batches of four (a technique I use to minimize losses due to disconnects) and harvesting fiber for a new batch of saddles. 

I cannot say I enjoyed losing 3 fights in two days or all of my superhero theri army. But all the element gained certainly softens the blow (all thanks to my server friends) and a renewed interest of my alliance friends in helping me achieve my goal. Whether or not this is totally to help me or in the very least stop me spamming the chat lol. 

And if you going to bring a gun to a dragon fight remember to pack it!.

Edited by 2OLEgend
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

SP, The Island

Ive been taking a break from taming and breeding the required dinos for my boss army to just chill on Herbi island and upgrade my outpost there while I hunted for basilos. I’ve probably put 5-6  real hours into trying to find good levels and just yesterday I found a max level female and an almost max level male. Not bad! After a bit of breeding, I’ll keep the parents in cryopods and use the offspring as my caving basilo so I have redundancies if I die. 

I gotta figure out how to take screenshots on Xbox.. my little cabin looks pretty nice now, it’s a great place to hang out at night when you’re waiting for the daytime. Very scenic. I built a bridge across the bay so I’ve basically got a water taming pen now 😬

• Like 3

Well, day of highs and lows. 

Finished my build, happy with it. Did a good amount of decorating too, which is unusual of me. I think a bit of Saltire rubbed off on me. After building I went for a fly to find some more high ankies for my line. Right off the bat, 270 okay. Flying around to see more after it knocks out, 290 snow owl! I've been wanting one. 

Went back to base, grabbed a pre-made taming pen and went to lay it down. As I got there, 290 anky! Ok. Bring this back to second taming pen first, throw it in, tranq, land back in base on my wyvern to quickly help the wife, came back outside after being afk....wyvern is gone. Searched all over for it no luck. Ugh my heart. Loved that thing.

Oh well. Fly over to that snow owl, trap it, start tranqing, as it starts to run.."You have killed a snow owl 290" ......F. mustve been low hp didnt notice.

Flew back to base, parked argy (made sure) then logged off lol. Today ill look more for my wyvern but I've heard horror stories from others on the cluster about this, probably going to tame a new one.

• Like 2

Ok, sorry about the delay.  A few days back I started to post about my weekend progress then crap happened and I didn't get to finish.  Anyway, I will summarize at this point.

On Friday I thought I was done building for awhile.  Life was good.  And I was trying to progress the game by getting a mount for the caves.  Found a beaver instead.  That was were I left off I think.

On Saturday I once again planned on searching for a good cave mount but instead responded to a distressed new player to our server.  I like people better when they try to problem solve and not start off by asking for free handouts.  This player, not only refused many offers for free stuff but was trying to help others out as well, even though they were in the early stages of survival. In his attempt to help another player he died and lost his mount.  His efforts were noticed by many on the server and I was in position to offer further assistance...there is a very long story here about how I helped him find his mount and he kept dying. As it turned out he was new to our server but not the game. He has spent the last couple months on Rag.  Anyway, I liked his style and a couple hours later I invited him to join forces.  Still within my first month on this server I am really not that far ahead other than having a base of operations. So he accepted and began to move his stuff to my base.  

I have been "insided" before and made sure to change the tribe settings to personal owned / tamed and tribe ridden.  Stealing is not my style and not only was I protecting my stuff by I wanted him to know that any tames he brings to the tribe he can take with him when or if he ever leaves.

Well, to my surprise he brought over several podded high level dinos from Rag and my house that was perfect the day before quickly became way too small.  So now it is back to the grind. lol.  Luckily this time I have a beaver to help with the wood.

I found a giga on the west side of the volcano, just up the hill from my base. Luckily when the giga started making his way down the hill, a neighbor with a bigger giga was able to handle the threat.  So the last couple of days my project has been to build a protective wall on that side.  I was hoping to get away with the open land concept but oh how quickly I changed my mind.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Cordiste said:

SP, The Island

Ive been taking a break from taming and breeding the required dinos for my boss army to just chill on Herbi island and upgrade my outpost there while I hunted for basilos. I’ve probably put 5-6  real hours into trying to find good levels and just yesterday I found a max level female and an almost max level male. Not bad! After a bit of breeding, I’ll keep the parents in cryopods and use the offspring as my caving basilo so I have redundancies if I die. 

I gotta figure out how to take screenshots on Xbox.. my little cabin looks pretty nice now, it’s a great place to hang out at night when you’re waiting for the daytime. Very scenic. I built a bridge across the bay so I’ve basically got a water taming pen now 😬

For screenshot on Xbox: Press the Xbox button once , then press Y button for screenshot.
If you have gold then you can upload your screenshots from your library to OneDrive. OneDrive can be installed and accessed on any Win10 pc from where you can download them to pc.
PS: This instructions is for Xbox One and One X. I dunno on the new Series X

Edited by Wikus
  • Thanks 1

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos. Checked the smithy and the parasaur in case I have any saddles worth sending to the main base (since I now have two more kinds of dinos, but only ever remember saddles I considered worthy when they were acquired), but nope.

(Singleplayer, modded map Tropical Island, DLCs The Center and Scorched Earth) Tried to start a new modded singleplayer save, but couldn't decide on a place to build a base despite trying three different maps. Pretty typical for me.

(Official, Valguero) Planted rockarrots. Fed dinos. Tried to kill a wild quetzal, in flight, with a mana. It ended up going above the Lake, and I didn't dare to follow because jellyfishes are in that part, and I'm not too keen on landing among them on my favorite mana (or any mana at all).

Did a small crystal run, took down most of the greenhouse's roof, started rebuilding it in a neater way, did about 1/3 before logging off - triangle roof pieces are still terrible to place, I'm not up for doing the whole thing in one go when every piece insists on only ever being placed in the wrong direction.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 1

Had some time before work this morning. Spent about 20 minutes just staring at my base from different angles... trying to picture how to make it bigger, with style of course. Boring box is not an option. 

Punched out a wall section and inserted a standard dino door and gate to make access to the main storage and smithy easier from the riverside balcony.

Finally got around to placing the generator and fridge I built last weekend.  Made more gasoline.  Transferred important contents from cooling box. Made a run to the NW corner of map for more oil. Returned and made even more gasoline.

Hopped on rex and made a meat run.  Cooked up prime to put in fridge.  

Took beaver and deodi out for wood and stone to prep for building over the next few days. 

Closed up shop, went to work.

• Like 2

Xbox official island PvE

Working means only getting on for short periods. 

Managed to get on late last night, filled troughs and emptied snails. Managed one trade though 2 queen bees for 1 rock drake egg level  145 parents. Decent for under 1 hours work. 

Theri army 2.0 at 15% matured when podded away. Alpha dragon your days are numbered lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:38 PM, d1nk said:

Well, day of highs and lows. 

Finished my build, happy with it. Did a good amount of decorating too, which is unusual of me. I think a bit of Saltire rubbed off on me. After building I went for a fly to find some more high ankies for my line. Right off the bat, 270 okay. Flying around to see more after it knocks out, 290 snow owl! I've been wanting one. 

Went back to base, grabbed a pre-made taming pen and went to lay it down. As I got there, 290 anky! Ok. Bring this back to second taming pen first, throw it in, tranq, land back in base on my wyvern to quickly help the wife, came back outside after being afk....wyvern is gone. Searched all over for it no luck. Ugh my heart. Loved that thing.

Oh well. Fly over to that snow owl, trap it, start tranqing, as it starts to run.."You have killed a snow owl 290" ......F. mustve been low hp didnt notice.

Flew back to base, parked argy (made sure) then logged off lol. Today ill look more for my wyvern but I've heard horror stories from others on the cluster about this, probably going to tame a new one.

Level 200 creatures?? I would love that! What difficulty level do you have?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Level 200 creatures?? I would love that! What difficulty level do you have?

Theyre max level 300. I'm not sure the difficulty #, I have a lovely admin to do all that.. I just play the server :P I would guess 10 difficulty if 5x is 150 (console)

Makes for a really hard start, even just tranqing out a 270 spino with a 200% crossbow took over 60 tranqs lol. Fun times.

• Thanks 1

(Official, Valguero) Bred tek rexes, put new and both old batches into the hatchery (that's 15 eggs!), put old giga egg into the hatchery, bred velonas (used Ratteki instead of Gatling this time). Did a crystal run, tried to finish the roof, turned out it's impossible to do with no gaps, so took it down, and started rebuilding in a different way, one that'll leave roof pieces no choise but to align correctly, since they'll be snapped to a ring of ceilings rather than right to the walls (because walls are snapped some to ceilings some to foundations, and there's a bit of difference in height because of that).

Went to hunt some alpha dinos, unfortunately only found one raptor and two carnos. Still, better than nothing.

15 tek rex eggs? More like "Fifteen Shades of Average"! No mutations. At all. I'm not even talking about the good stuff like health or melee - there's not even useless ones! Just no. New. Mutations. Killed all. Dimorph egg hatched into a female, but I would have kept it even if it was male - dimorphs can be anything, as long as it has a pair of functional wings it's welcome in my future pack of tiny flying monsters. Velona eggs - no new mutations. Killed all. Still waiting for the oldest giga egg to hatch, feeding gachas as I wait.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Xbox Crystal Isles, Server

When I first logged on I wanted to try and snag a mate for my high level tropical wyvern, bed hopped to my outpost I had near green ob. Flew around awhile, didn't spot any high levels (most low levels like 40-50) then checked out the landscape, found an alpha leeds trapped in some low pool.. easy kill even for my disposable ptera. Arrr I'm a captain now matey.

Went back home and spent the better part of the night farming / building / going on metal / cp runs working towards that first indy forge. I'll spare the details, in short redid some of my base and got all the metal needed for forge + possible grinder if I have the crystal (oddly enough having a hard time getting loads of crystal besides flying node to node the whole map)

Was sick of sitting around waiting for metal to smelt so I decided I wanted to tame some Thyla / other creatures south so I made an outpost. Plan is to make a small base other side of the map to tame at, also make a public taming pen because.... why not. Took a bunch of pre-made stone ive been slowly building up, flew due south to the SE area.

After a long fly, I settled on an area I saw a thyla and some griffins, neat. Before I set down anything I flew around. I'm flying and see an alpha heir .. scary ! As I keep a wide birth I see some turret tower... why? As I land near it to get some stam...I realize why. I guess I'm in heir territory and get jumped by 3 wyverns. Eeeek! A few minutes of dodging ensue and I finally make it away mostly unscathed. I guess the server shut down as I was mid flight, booted back up to a few minutes prior (? Might have just been bad memory) luckily I wasn't being chased any more.

Set up a perimeter wall, a rough shack and cryod my wyvern went to sleep for the night. Today ill build a nifty taming pen good for drop tames, fly tames and griffins. Excited to hopefully tame a high level thyla / griffin tonight! 

• Like 1