So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Woah! "A wild d1nk has appeared"

Single Player, my crappy Xbox

So after many days of downloads (300mb/s my ass) i finally got to play ARK! Been a while since my last iteration I wanted to have fun on single player before hopping to any servers. Loaded up Crystal Isles.

Wasn't too sure on any locations, spawn points or anything really so started in some sort of tropical area and did my noob stuff. B-lined to get a boat made with all my stuffs on it so I could explore a bit and as I just made Tranq arrows finally I noticed a 145 turtle stuck in my raft. Knocked that sucker out and got my first tame!

Being single player I took to the skies with admin mode just to look at the map. A few near disconnects later (note to self- don't fly high speed into any red areas) i found that the map sure lives up to its name. Also I found out that I absolutely must live in the "autumn land" as my wife calls it. Despite my xbox screaming at me to not.

Killed myself (can't live with the lies!!) and went back to regular normie mode. Took my boat, my turtle and took off to the red area (name???) 

Upon arrival i realized.... its a raptoring swamp! Ugh. I trek past to the other side of a bay and set up a temporary base. Right next to a flock of argentavis, hello first fliers. 

Spent a few hours puttering around, flying around lots aswell and managed to find a 135 doed, bread and butter taming pen, tamed. I was landing between  lag spikes and found a Tropeg ...whatsit name. Never seen one before so I force tamed it (the shame) and left it there to die after flying around a bit on it. Neat.

Don't have any goals, just playing around. I'll probably build something neat in creative mode, get bored and join a server.

Dink, out

• Haha 1

(Official, Extinction) Did the Forest Cave (no good loot) decided to try Ice Cave. It went fine... Until I finished and went outside. Since there's no safe place to park a wyvern, I had it podded with me. As I was going outside, game froze, which gave bears an opportunity to push my rex into a corner, so it wasn't possible to turn in a way that'd allow me to attack back. So, I'm dead, Jotunn's dead, and I no longer have a wyvern on Extinction because I can't retrieve the pod from there.

It's not terrible - I have an argent left, I'll get another rex at some point (I'm not taming a separate one, so I'll have to wait until I get a new mutation, and then the previous breeder will be leveled and sent to Extinction), saddle isn't a problem either, and as for wyvern... That's the easiest part, since it doesn't have to be good so I can just grab any level 20 on CI, level stam and it's good enough. Still, it's better to keep only doing Forest Cave - Ice too big, crates too far in, and the whole "hostiles right from the entrance" thing... Just no.

(Official, Valguero) Tried to alter my hatchery to make it arthropod-friendly. Failed. Took it down and made a new one. Bigger, better, even more unnecessarily large amount of ACs, and, yes, accessible for mantises (mostly bigger because of that - I wanted to keep it in proportion with the gate). And also connected to the kitchen with a bridge, so I can go grab some dodo eggs to eat without going down the hatchery's stairs, on the ground, and up the kitchen's stairs.

Bred mantises in the new hatchery, and lymantrias too, and bred rexes. And placed a giga egg there as well. It's so nice to see all the eggs not being cramped in a tiny, 2 foundations wide at most, space!

(Still Official, Valguero) Tried to go to the Abyss and... I'm podding Toriel for good this time. It was awesome riding on her back through the dangerous waters, killing everything in our path, but now megalodons are too strong. If I didn't turn back, she'd be dead. If I try to go in there again she will die for sure. No more underwater crates for me. No more underwater adventures. Just dry land now.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Much more productive day than anticipated and built 6 of the 8 saddles I need to finish my rex army. Just two left. My bad math skills unfortunately leave me significantly short on metal when I thought I'd had enough. Typical. So first thing tomorrow is a metal run. I spent a significant amount of time gathering all the fiber I would need with my moschops. Never found a use for them before but in the absence of other good fiber gatherers out here, it does just fine. Just need to bring a bodyguard in case of ambush. I bring an argent for extra storage anyway.

The only other thing is hide, my thyla is great at collecting it but it still takes time. But that's something I have plenty of, with 5.2k metal ingots that needs to be smelted for the saddles.

All in all, I did not expect to build that many saddles today so I am actually 2 days ahead of schedule now. I think tomorrow, should I feel inclined, I will build the last two saddles then move the army out. We're located close enough to the red ob that we can walk there easily enough.

In all honesty, if I get set up tomorrow I might just start running the manticore on Wednesday. If all goes well I can run gamma, beta, then alpha and be ready to start up on Aberration for the weekend, that would be really awesome actually. I guess it depends on how hard the manticore is, I've never fought it before but I've heard it's on the easy side so I'm not too worried. I did through gamma dragon with rexes that weren't much different from this group

• Like 2

I started breeding some XSharks in Ocean biome to take advantage of the new pack buff they get.
Also started to get a little bit of a base going on metal platforms. The under water building and playing is very foreign to me and it's a big struggle. I never really done it before ( except for a small water pen on Island ). So it's going a bit rough for me , but I am learning. Want to give the Ocean biome a good go and properly explore the depths at least.

• Like 1

Xbox official island PvE

Posting this late, work yet again gets in the way of gaming lol.

Pretty eventually Saturday,  nice to experience boosted rates, breed dinos exclusively.  Gigas, gacha, gasbag, tutu, therizinosaurus (boss dragon insurance) dire wolves, scorpions (because I can lol).

Great feeling of breeding and trading, for example sold a gasbag for 3k poly when just 32% matured. Literally picked up after popping and filled with berries and waited 45 minutes then imprinted 100% easy. Even selling primitive saddles to other survivors brought in nice amounts of metal ingots, no need other than meat runs to farm anything. 

The only downside was the amount of gachas that didn't make it, due to production items not suitable for trade or retention. But their sacrifice will not be forgotten. 

All in all my first taste of boosted rates,  very satisfactory weekend on the island 

• Like 1

SP, Island

Not much to report today, I haven’t had time to start breeding ‘cause I only had an hour here and there to play. I got all the mats to make like 20 cryopods minus the polymer, flew it to blue Ob and stored the mats in it, flew down to the floating icebergs to say hi to some penguins with my sword and dumped all that polymer into the Obas well. Took said cryopods, stored most and used the rest to cryo all my Argys.

Now I’m at my volcano forge outpost with a pile of Argys, planning to bring a bunch of metal back to base (I need more guns and ammunition). I’ve also been adding creature comforts to the outpost like a generator, fridge and industrial grill. It seconds as a good taming outpost for that side of the map as well.

I think I might have conquered another cave since I last posted, too, bringing new up to 6 total now. Beach bobbing feels so long ago now...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

I think I got my bp from the swamp cave (but not 100% positive on that). It wouldn't surprise me if you could also find one in the ice cave or the deep sea caves.

@Cordiste, here is some updated info. I checked wiki and they said you can find therizino saddles in red loot crates in the swamp cave, in blue or better loot crates in both underwater caves, or in yellow or red orbital surface drops (although I think you will be searching a long time to find them in the orbital drops, lol. )

• Like 1

I know the feeling man. I had a very long, stressful day at work and was happy to come home and settle in for some Ark time. Pretty bad when Ark is relaxing, lol.

Built my final 2 saddles and finished equipping my rex army. It took some doing but I managed to walk them all to the red obelisk in just 2 trips using the typical battle column technique that went so poorly back at the Tek Cave. Man, that feels like forever ago.

I also put together mats and assembled my little boss base outpost, honestly it's just shelter, a bed and a place to store tribute items, and a trough. Hopefully it blocks some spawns, I got grabbed and almost killed by a stupid kapro. I guess it would have been funny to die literally at the feet of a rex army.

I then returned to base and spent some time assembling my gear and making lots of ammo in case the stupid manticore bugs out, not sure if it still does or not but hey it's Ark, always assume yes it will.

So I am basically completely ready to take on the manticore tomorrow.

Now it's off to bed, gotta grind out another workday before I can start my Arkday.

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Did a bit of alpha hunting, 1 raptor and two carnos.

Tamed a mammoth, new abilities - awesome! New looks - awesome! New saddle - extremely dumb. Well, the saddle itself is fine, but the bridle... Why there even is a bridle if reins are connected only to the tusks? And what's up with the bit being a leather belt (as well as with the bit being there at all. If the mammoth is somehow controlled by pulling on the tusks, then the bit serves no purpose other than blocking its mouth)?

Stupid saddle aside, though, getting a mammoth (his name is Atlas, by the way, and his wild level 145. And he's a perfect tame, too!) eliminated the need for a therizino, so I froze Anca. I mean, she's cool. Gets ton of wood. And takes a ton of time to carry it all home, which is a problem that Atlas doesn't have at all. So, he's better. Not to mention that he's tougher, and with a bit melee leveling will become stronger than her, too.

Hatched a giga egg. Twins, male, wrong stats, killed both.

Made a new cryofridge and a bunch of pods, both fridges in the house are now for adult dinos, and the new one is in the hatchery, for non-adults ones.

Found out how a gacha I once tried to raise managed to starve with inventory full of food: apparently, they start eating every piece a little bit slower, so food drops bit by bit, until the pause between almost last and would be last is long enough for what little food in left to run out. So the gacha I'm raising now will be raised only for a short time, well, at a time, so that I can watch the food and force-feed as needed.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Hacked away at more resources for an hour.  Got attacked by a raptor during the process while riding a trike. Game glitched and my trike would not fight back despite all my efforts.  I hopped off and was able to pike the raptor to death but not before Gus met his maker. RIP Gus.

Went back to base and built 4 more bohemeth gates and placed them. Two more gates and my holding pen / ring should be complete.  Built a fabricator, industrial cooker, and generator.  Plan on building a fridge and air conditioners tonight after work.  Feels good moving from early game to mid game status.  Next on the list is to acquire some tames to start attacking the caves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I certainly did not expect this...

20201111215307_1.thumb.jpg.7963225449f6e715299c11994050870d.jpg

Surprise! I've made off of Scorched Earth and on to Aberration. It only took 98 days on SE to conquer the mighty manticore and (pretend to) ascend to the next one. Less than a quarter of the time it took on The Island, I remember I was well over 400 in game days there when I left.

I had planned to do one manticore fight per day but...honestly it was so easy I just did all 3 in a row, with breaks for torp of course. Definitely an easy fight, I don't think any single rex lost more than 3k or so HP per fight. Crazy. It was actually a pretty fun fight imo though, imagine how scary it would have been for the people of Nosti with that thing, the deathworms and golems, not to mention wyverns everywhere when it was destroyed. Kind of like Atlantis, only sand instead of water. So cool in a morbid kind of way.

Anyway normally I would have waited a day to move on but I was just so hyped on the heels of victory I jumped right into it, as you can see. Fertile 3 is the place to be. I actually got lucky and for once it did not drop me on that one stupid basilisk spawn. Yeah, you know the one. I spawned right about where I have my little base camp set up now, actually. It's a very secure area being somewhat elevated, two tiers between me and any potential threats. I don't know if this will be a permanent base or anything but I do appreciate how quickly I was able to set up here.

Man, I forgot how much I really love this map though, it all came rushing back when I spawned in. No gear or anything, not even Engrams; I did a Mindwipe and respecced before jumping maps, so I changed my stats up a bit but didn't learn anything beforehand. I dunno, I just like to start as fresh as possible without making a new character.

So honestly it looks like I did a lot but this was maybe a couple hours in total. Basically, all of these tames are low(ish) levels I found close enough to my camp that I could safely tame them. I did the doed first, then the stego. After that I went on a hunt for hide to make the saddles and ran across the iguanodon, it's my highest level tame atm but still fairly low. It doesn't matter. I have stone, thatch/berries, and a scout. I'd call that a great start. Especially since there is a high level ravager pack in the area, I'm thinking I can build a taming pen nearby and lure them in for a really amazing start. I just need proper equipment first, which will be tomorrow's project I think.

I've actually never tamed ravagers before, so this will be interesting. Incidentally I didn't bother making hide armor because I figure any armor I make will be wasted resources before I have a decent combat mount to work with.

All in all, super excited to be at this point already. It's going to be a great weekend!

• Like 4

(Official, Crystal Isles) Checked on the wyverns.

(Official, Extinction) Fed the dinos.

(Official, Valguero) Realized that I missed the giga egg I had in the hatchery by about 3 hours. Didn't feel like breeding again, though. Went on a little meatrun with Ratteki (the fully imprinted velona I raised during the crazy rates), got another level on him. Soon, soon he'll have 600% melee! Fed the dinos. Took down the pipes that used to lead to the old hatchery (Due to my habit of staying near the eggs, I prefer to have a tap in the hatchery. There's one in the new one, too). Logged off.

• Like 1

SP, The island

Nothing too exciting but yesterday I didn’t feel like doing anything  adventurous or dangerous so I thought “one day, I’ll need a ton of metal for saddles and ammo”. Got 5k on my Argys and brought it back home from my volcano forge outpost. Not a ton, but something to get started with. 

I like being at the volcano for obvious reasons, but I’ve had a hard time harvesting efficiently enough with my anky so I’ve resorted back to just doing it by hand and dumping on the argy.

On 11/10/2020 at 1:58 PM, Penguin73 said:

@Cordiste, here is some updated info. I checked wiki and they said you can find therizino saddles in red loot crates in the swamp cave, in blue or better loot crates in both underwater caves, or in yellow or red orbital surface drops (although I think you will be searching a long time to find them in the orbital drops, lol. )

Thanks for doing that leg work for me! I play on reduced difficulty so I agree, I likely won’t see one amongst the water jar bp’s I get on the surface. That set of caves you mentioned consists of my last 4 caves to explore so I’m excited to see if I can get anything. 

@Cymas I’m the island version of you right now, well over 400 days in. I can’t wait to move on

• Like 1

Xbox Server - Crystal Isles 

I was sitting there on SP and I decided... F it! Made a survivor on my mates server again. Same server I used to play but they've boosted the wild dinos now to 300. It begins..

Spawn in. Thankfully I explored a bit on single to get a spawn point (or where I thought was safe) First spawn- 'You were killed by a level 300 basilisk' eek !! They were added in the swamps (?) Rare spawn, scary stuff. Spawn a few more times to get a decent area. Do the whole beach Bob thing except... its hard to kill a level 270 phomia with a primitive spear...

Skip the boring hours (yes hours) it took to get an established hut with a tamed parasaur, yay! Finally get get some narco production going. As I'm sitting there waiting out the night in my shack - your parasaur has been killed! 200+ raptor.. crap. Kite it away, re tame another para. Finally get some narcs, working on hide for bolas, your parasaur has been killed.... another raptor ! Eff.

Ok. No messing around now. Find another parasaur near, build a boat. Got lucky with magneura got some hide. Make my boat all wood and take off exploring some new spots and possibly some hide. Two minutes into my boat tour ... a sarco jumps and grabs my parasaur kills it. F. 

Ok I get it. Going it solo now. Spend hours boating around, exploring (went in pretty blind) only to realize I'm in some middle lake type thing, no way to boat away. Okay. New plan: Spend all my materials leveling up, get loads of stam, speed and run across this land area to where I know I can make a boat in the main river. Gather it all, park close to where I want to go and ruuuun! Didn't make it one render before a 324 (max level tek) raptor cheeses my day. I had my crossbow on me....oh no! Ensue the next hour trying to kite said raptor away, grab bag, die, waiting for bed reapawn time. Rinse repeat.

Finally get my crossbow back, deposit it and try again only to get mowed down shortly after. Ok. Going to try to get some tame to make the run. I get back to my boat and turn around back to where I spawned. Half way back a 270 ptera lands on my boat, bola it and knock it out. So lucky!! I haven't seen any ptera around until this one.

Bring it back via boat to a small island I know is safe. Wait the long meat tame / get some hide. After the ptera tamed , put it safe in an enclosure on this island and went about to find chitin. This. Took. Hours. 

Finally - ptera saddle made. I take to the skies to go near redwoods/red swamp to where I know I saw argentavis on single player. Long journey I finally make it to a nice spot, a while clearing the locals out and I get my first bed down in the new place. Found a mating pair to my ptera, tamed it and went to bed after hatching an egg for an extra flier.

Part one, ill post yesterday's later this was longer than I intended! 

• Like 2

Xbox Server - Crystal Isles 

Thankfully for bathroom breaks at work, can type the rest up.

Day 2: Got the day off work today for a holiday, wife was real chill letting me do what I wanted all day. 

Spawned in to my baby ptera raised. Took it out to level it a bit. It birthed over 520 melee so after imprints had near 600. Speeds up my production a lot. Go kill some stuff. I spent awhile farming too, gathering everything by hand for a decent stone wall around my area, hit some drops up. Tamed a level 100 anky mainly for berry gathering as there isn't much metal walking distance from me. Lucky with my boosted speed and stam (150 each) i can run around faster than most tames. Helped a lot.

Spent the better part of the morning running around, gathering materials and making my base a tad cozier. Outside my wall additions I was putting aside the materials for a small taming pen. I plan to get an argy to get the essentials tamed up. Spent a long while doing this. 

Hit a drop just as I was asking a server mate about where to get quality picks / hatchet/ crossbow and got myself a MC Crossbow blueprint! Perfect. Nows the time. I take off with my trap and ptera to find an argy. Didnt take too long to find one, lay the trap and kite it near but took forever to get it into my trap. Had to sacrifice one of my ptera to do so.

Got it knocked out, ran back to base to wait the times. All tamed up i had to spend awhile getting the chitin for its saddle. Had to fly to the desert area to find enough chitin. Was a good chance to explore, too.

Saddled the argy and took off on an adventure / level up. Spent awhile just scouting the areas, getting some prime, hide, etc. On the way back spotted a 200 doed, score! Knocked it out inside my base (took my leftover argy pen bits and made a drop tame pen in my walls) then sat out the tame while doing stuff irl.

All tamed up, went on a few stone runs! Only bottleneck... wood and thatch! Went out looking for something to tame, mainly a male deer. Came back with a sabertooth.. ark.. got it tamed, saddled and went for a juant. Didn't last too long, a pack of 200+ raptors jumped me near base and I sacrificed Barry to run to safety. Was fun while it lasted Barry the Cat.

Took a short break and planned my next endeavor- well.. tame anything really...but the main key to the plan - a Mammoth! No idea how I was going to trap one as they're in the dangerous snow area. 

Oops ran out of time, part 3 of my two day start on my next break! 

Sorry for the concurrent spam, ill have to make sure I record my doings after each time or it gets messy haha. 

Where were we? Oh yeah. The taming.

After the tragic death of Barry the Cat, I was determined to find another gatherer. Searched all around for a male deer.. pure bologna sandwich party. No dudes anywhere. I did find a second Saber though- much lower just basically a movement mount. Tamed that up, took off on a small run around (made sure to scan area with bird prior)

As I was getting near snow but not too far from my base the clouds open up, Raptor Jesus smiles upon my humble sacrifice and a 280 Mammoth drops down from the skies almost in front of me. *insert holy light noise*

I ran back to grab whatever I had for stone structures....plum out. I take my trusty crossbow and figure...I'll just knock it out anywhere since it isn't too far. Start shooting it while walking backwards on Saber. Takes over 30 tranq with a 200+ crossbow so it takes awhile. It was dark, was going backwards and finally knocked it out! ...I hear a noise behind me...o.O... its my own tames. I'm just outside my walls! Hallelujah! 

I put some single high thatch around it just incase. As it's taming (1.5h tame on berries- slow for this cluster) i gathered the mats for a saddle, did a bit of base stuff and went on a few thatch runs in anticipation of having an awesome wood gatherer soon. As I was out enjoying my Saber I got jumped just outside my base by a group of fresh spawned raptors. Bye bye Barry the Second. I ran back to base and grabbed my argy to quickly dispatch of them since they're near my tame. No problem. 

Pick all them up, murder in my claws then... I swear there was a 4th one? Hmm oh well. Fly back to walls and there it is, attacking my Mammoth taming..raptor.. only got a few hits in but enough to halve its gained levels. Oh well!! Still a beast. I go AFK and the Mammoth tames. Go out on the maiden voyage with it. Impressed by its wood abilities (and yes - the saddle is stupid.. oh well) I start up on my first big project, a proper giga - proof wall. 

Many trips later its completed. Outfitted with a fancy behemoth gate and all. Then I started building my main building more, added a few layers and dedicated crafting, breeding and parking areas. I did bit of Google work for oil, went on a long flight to find some. Spent my last chitin to make 20 paste for my fabricator and took off. Went uneventful, found my oil and landed next to an unlocked pump, score. On the way back... magical beaver dams !! Yes. Nabbed up some free paste, got tempted on a 280 beaver but decided I'd come back today for it then found a dark grey / black male deer level 200. Close enough. On the way back found some pearls, life is good as a Bob.

Brought it back to tame as I worked on my base. Made my fabricator, made some gasoline, polymer, electronics, now I'm set to make a few cryopods next session and taming will be 5000x easier (mathematics) 

Phew! Finally got it all out. On night shift all weekend so ill have a few late night ventures ahead. 

d1nk, out 

• Like 1

@Cordiste Keep at it, you'll get there! Honestly The Island has a huge amount of content, but the downside is it really starts to drag after awhile. I was well over 400 days in before I managed to get through it myself.

As for myself, I was happy to get home from work and hop right in. A brief summary of today's progress:

20201112220900_1.thumb.jpg.ceafc07d0648e4ca81642fabbd881bae.jpg

So, as you can see I found the ravager pack I was watching yesterday. I made up a trap, took all my gear off and lured them in. Sadly I didn't get both 120s, but I got a 120 and a 110, those are the two on the left. As soon as they tamed up I brought them up and bred them. Ark being Ark, none of them got the good stats, but it's fine.

Once they grew up I took them out for a run and just shredded a bunch of stuff. Came home with a pack full of metal. Got that going and took my iguanodon out for a scouting mission. I have no idea where I want to build my main base here, tbh. I do think it should be a lot closer to the blue zone for convenience, ideally near both a gas vent and a charging station. I know there's that spot over by one of the surface entrances, just not sure that's where I want to be.

Anyway on our way back I was about ready to finish for the evening when I happened across this spino right around the corner from camp. This 145 spino, to be exact. You better believe I'm not risking letting that despawn as sometimes happens on loogout in single player.

So I quickly built up a taming pen right next to where I'm set up, took my main ravager Runt (she's the lowest level but ended up with the most useful combination of stats go figure) down and lured the spino up. I'm super experienced with spino taming so I cleared the path first and went slowly enough to keep interest. Needless to say Runt almost died, but we successfully got him in the pen.

And now I have a spino. I am super excited right now. Spinos are my favorite Ark tame and as much as I enjoyed SE, I hated not having my signature death puppies to run amok with. I especially love the glow in the dark varient, so I am so happy to have grabbed one pretty much straight away. Tbh this is pretty much par for the course for me anyway lol. When I start fresh I often rush trike > argent > spino and then I'm a happy camper.

The best part is now that I have a spino, I can really take my time exploring and looking for a good base spot. And looking out for more high level spinos, of course...

• Like 3

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the giga egg in the morning. Now gonna check on it again, then set Generous to produce stone, because I want to upgrade kitchen/greenhouse to be more in line with the workshop and the new hatchery.

Upgraded. Well, more like completely rebuilt - the only piece left from the old one is where the bridge to the hatchery is connected. The new building is a whole row of triangle foundations/ceilings larger, dodo coop is bigger now, dung beetles got their own place on the second floor which is the greenhouse, and there are two refrigerators now - one for kibbles and eggs and other ingredients for making kibbles, and one for fertilized eggs and whatever else. No crop plots yet because I'm tired now. Will make them tomorrow, or some other time. Also might have to rebuild the roof because due to the floor being a mix of foundations and ceilings, the roof ended up being messy, with a lot of gaps between pieces. It works but it's ugly. Will have to empty all crystal spots in White Cliffs, though - I spent ALL of my crystals building it.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Xbkx Crystal Isles - Server

Another eventful day! I had to stay up until 9am to adjust my body to night shift, playing Ark seems like a good way to keep awake!

Started off by taking my new deer out for some much needed thatch gathering. Underwhelming at best. Still did the trick but was expecting a lot more. Farmed up a bunch of stone pieces, threw em in a box for later.  I went out for a fly, searched for obsidian, hit some more dams up and nabbed a 280 anky to tame while I did base stuff. Made a couple cryopods while waiting for my tame.

After the anky tamed up I took it for a quick metal run then on my way back spotted a 290 rex, decided I needed a good battle tame and devised some crappy trap to get it into. Worked like a charm. Uneventful tame, came out with mediocre stats. Yay cryopods though:) 

Got back to base, couldn't make a saddle for it yet not high enough so took it out to whistle kill some brontos. While I was out I was eyeing down a 280 spino near my base.. decided not to just tamed a rex. As I pop by a red drop, a pre-made asc spino saddle! Okay. I set up the same tame pen as I did for my rex. Took a lot longer than I wanted but got the spino into the trap and knocked out after a loong tranq run. I need to get myself a better crossbow or some darts lol.

Had a few close calls with Carnos while taming but nothing my handy rex couldn't deal with. Got that baby tamed up and went for a murder session. Cringed a bit as I killed a great mate boosted rex pair - 290 and 280.. but great experience for my spino! Went back to disassemble my trap. Taking down the pieces (thank jeebus for pick up) a max level 300 carno jumps me, almost kills my ptera. It practically got itself trapped so I figured I'd tame it, it really wanted to be my buddy ! 

Came out with amazing stats, too. 650 base melee. I forsee a carno breeding line soon :) gonna keep my eyes out for a mate, max level or near with some fun event colours. Pleased with my progress i took a short break to let some ptera eggs hatch. Needed a spare anyways, threw into cryo after.

Went for a big exploration, found a bunch of obsidian for fridges and such. Made a genny, fridges, water pipes, installed them all and wasn't happy with my space, remodel time ! Back to farming stone pieces. Spent a while redoing my base, expanded quite a bit. Grabbed a lower level event anky to mate with my near max tame, popped some eggs and combined stats while building. Made more cryopods and set my base up.

Got some good stat combos, combined the lines to a decent anky line. Got a nice black shell mutation with the red event accents, looks cool. It was getting pretty late for me so I popped a few more eggs and just sat around base awhile. I was going to go to bed when I just had a hankering.... made coffee and sorted a ptera out to go try my hand at getting a low level wyvern just for taming utility. Gathered a small respawn hut, some materials and took off on my spare ptera for white shoals.

As soon as I arrived I saw a low level wyvern, put my ptera on follow and just..jumped on its back. Was a fast tame, was very pleased with it! Just as I tamed it I spoke in server chat and a mate explained he got some high level ones with just crystal.. well! I'll have to try it.. went and set up a spawn bed incase, took off to find a high level. Didnt take long, was on the back of a 270 only minutes later. Took a long time but was an easy tame and well worth it, almost too easy for its utility.

Flew home on my freshly tamed 400+ wyvern:) Couldn't resist a 280 red doed on my way.. threw it in the pen and let it starve before I went to bed. Loaded it up with narcs, berries and with the tame times / torpor timers it tamed its self while I slept.

Eventful day! Off to work shortly here and ill do a few more hours when I get home! 

• Like 3

Very glad this week is over with, happy to come home and get back to the arguably less stressful world of dinosaurs and death lol.

I took my spino out on a fairly long jaunt getting myself reacquainted with the map and looking around for base locations. I don't know why but I was very indecisive this time around. I eventually picked a spot--at the end of the spino river, the waterfall with the path down to blue on the right. There's a charge station and a gas vein, and a nearby plant Z too.

The downside is the area is very dangerous, and spinos have low carry weight. Slowly, trip by trip, I have begun constructing my perimeter defenses. I would have liked to do a metal base here, but I don't see myself getting an anky for awhile. Not the biggest of deals, it's mainly the aesthetics of this map.

Funnily enough though things were still spawning for a bit. One of those spawns? A 145 female spino. I had two behemoth gates in place already, so a quick run back to base for supplies and large pillars and I was able to make a taming pen. How many people can say they tamed a spino inside their base on purpose? Lol. Her stats weren't great but my spino is a male, so now I can breed them and get an imprinted main mount. Very happy about that.

Aside from that it's slow going. I have to gather wood by hand and I'm breaking hatchets left and right. I do have the full perimeter laid out now, it's just filling it in and putting in the last few gates. Not a gate ring, I just prefer multiple points of access.

Excited to see what progress tomorrow brings.

• Like 3