So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Crystal Isles) Built the base a bit more. Didn't need to feed the dinos because I only have two crystal wyverns there, and a stack of crystals can last them forever - in fact, it does!

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted the mana for the first time. Finished hatching 12 eggs - 5 tek rex, 7 deinon. No mutations, killed all, bred rexes again. My connection is acting up again, so when I ventured out on one of my wyverns for some thatch to make arrows for the gacha, I disconnected and got killed by a level 15 rex. The wyvern got pretty beat up too. Upon returning to the game I got back my stuff and the wyvern (took quite a few attempts - connection's REALLY bad), healed the wyvern with an owl, took a journeyman assault rifle freshly made by a gacha, made some ammo and "explained" to the rex that it was very wrong to attack me.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Lost Gunner to a combination of lags and two wild deinons. Uploaded some kibble, a freshly made 200% rifle, some shock darts, and a pod.

(Official, Extinction) Retrieved all the uploaded stuff. The pod will be for visits to the Forest Cave, and the rifle, darts, and kibble were used to get a new male velona.

The velona hunt was... Not the best. First I was unable to find a good level male, highest was just 100. Then I found a good level male, 140! With a 130, and a bunch of lower levels around him. Getting rid of them was hard, especially since the server was UNBELIEVABLY laggy. I wasted nearly all darts because my target refused to stand still. Only had, like, 3 left by the time I managed to tranq him. Also, wild stats were all average. Post-tame greatly improved the situation, though: 3080 health, 1300 stam, 259 melee - not bad, with some mutations it'll become quite nice! I named him Gatling. And uploaded him (and the few bits of kibble I had left after taming).

(Official, Valguero)  Retrieved Gatling and leftover kibble, bred Gatling to Vera and Victoria (yeah, she's fully grown now) and hatched the eggs, one hatched into a female, other male, I kept the female to raise and use as a breeder later, and killed the male. Incubated tek rex eggs a bit, raised the managarmr a bit, got some crystals from the gachas, and logged off.

• Like 2

(Official, Extinction) Went to the Forest Cave. Didn't get anything good. No Extinction-specific BPs or anything, just normal stuff - some armor, a chalico saddle... And there were tons or yuties and allos this time, so by the time I exited the cave, Jotunn was down to just 9000 health - less than half! Took and uploaded the artifact because I gotta get at least something out of it. 

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the artifact and installed it on the roof. Made a ton of dye. Colored the house (might repaint later - not sure if I'm happy with the current look). Dyed my riot armor black, silver and royal and added rex helmet skin to the helmet, now it looks sorta halloween-y AND matches colors and saddles of my tek rexes (Nightshade and Empress, not the ones that are just for breeding and will have proper colors re-introduced to them once I'm satisfied with the stats).

Hatched 10 tek rex eggs, no new mutations. Hatched a snow owl egg - wrong color. Bred gachas - nothing good in the production. At least the managarmr (now named Frostbite) is growing well.

Reached level 106. Wanted to go looking for alphas to get the chibi to level 3 and unlock level 107, but that was before rex eggs hatched and I realized half-way to my usual hunting spot that if I go they'll hatch and die without me and had to return.

• Like 4

(Official, Valguero) Tried to get my chibi-megalodon to level 3. Used Deimos for that. Well, Deimos is now 1 level up away from having 150% melee, and the chibi-megalodon is still level 2 because I only found 2 alpha carnos (and no other alpha dinos whatsoever), so there's still a tiny bit of EXP missing. But I think the next time it'll be enough to just kill any alpha raptor, even a low-level one, to get that sweet level 3.

• Like 3

SP, The island

I got so much done yesterday... wow. I’m not even sure where to start! 

I think last time I posted I was starting my volcano outpost. It took me a lot of grinding but I finally went from a tiny wooden shack to a beautiful stone and greenhouse hangout. I crafted my first ever industrial forge, and that’s where it lives. The greenhouse panels allow for a wicked view of the whole map and makes hanging out at the volcano pretty enjoyable.

After bringing back all my building dinos to my main base in Hidden Lake, I went about getting stuff together for an industrial cooker. I got that thing crafted up and now I can make kibble super fast, it’s so nice!! Not to mention, I had lots of fun trying to get that thing irrigated 😅.

After that I went and got my first ever achatina. well actually, got 2. Very excited to have cementing paste on demand.

my to-do list for my next login consists of lots of taming and getting ready for the next cave! 

• Like 3

(Official, Valguero) Didn't feel like actually playing, so just refilled the troughs, even added more berry seeds for featherlights and gachas. Didn't feed the fish eaters, though - they can wait a day or two.

Maybe will feed creatures on my Extinction and Scorched Earth bases later, and check on the Crystal Isles base, but probably won't really play today.

• Like 1

Xbox one Island official.

Found a group of 8 vaults 10 days ago, obviously the result of an auto decayed base. I decided to build a structure around them to 'protect them' from the environment. 

The timer runs out in 12 hrs time.

It's like Christmas eve waiting to what gifts I will receive from the Ark gods tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, 2OLEgend said:

Found a group of 8 vaults 10 days ago, obviously the result of an auto decayed base. I decided to build a structure around them to 'protect them' from the environment. 

It's like Christmas eve waiting to what gifts I will receive from the Ark gods tomorrow. 

Fingers crossed.

I left a base like that once, 5-10 vaults all labled "Asc BPs, Tek, Ele..."

Each with a single fiber in them.

I wish you better luck. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, 2OLEgend said:

Fingers crossed.

All eight vaults demolished but strangely when I did there seemed to be other vaults stacked within the first. Each required demolishing 3 times until only 2 drop bags remained from each. 

Who ever left these vaults hoarded every weapon type from mainly mc quality down to primitive. Also the same with armour, but the greatest prize for me was the huge amount of saddles and saddle bps. 

I have spent hours ferrying gasbag loads back to my to my base. I am still sifting through my reward now. All in all a great Ark day 

• Like 5

(Official, Scorched Earth) Logged on to reset base decay and feed dinos. Turned out I was delaying it for too long, so there is no base to reset and no dinos to feed. Oops!

Gonna log on to (Official, Crystal Isles) now to check if things there are still, well, there. if they are - will go to fire swamp and tame a female ember wyvern because I'm kinda used to having one. If not - will tame a low-level tropical and build a new base.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Everything's in place! Gonna gather some crystals now and go look for a nice ember wyvern.

Taming lvl 60 male instead. Colors too good, can't resist. Getting that 45 male solid red Blood  that I saw on my way to the swamp too, can't miss that chance.

Done taming, wyvern is uploaded, just gotta retrieve him back on (Official, Valguero).

And the "solid red" turned out to be near-solid, with wings too pinkish for my taste.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the wyvern. Also, returned with him to the base without looking at the map or adjusting gamma just to see if my base has enough lamps and glowing creatures to use that alone in order to spot it at night, and it does! Pretty cool.

(Official, Extinction) Good thing I logged on there! Thatch parts of the base already decayed (should replace them, but that's something to do later). Put some meat and berries in the trough, then podded Jotunn and went to the Forest Cave. By the time I was done with the cave, Jotunn only was down to 12 thousand health despite today's cave population being almost nothing but allos, yuties (with carnos) and therizinos. Unfortunately, the only good thing that's Extinction-specific that I found was a taxidermy tool BP. After leaving the cave I  spent some time throwing rocks at a gacha to see if it has anything better than my pair does, but nope! Just flint, blue sap, oil - mine have all of that and better. Nearly lost Jotunn because as I was flying back to The City (well, just above the entrance to Sunken Forest), the game crashed and I died. Had to grab Horus and fly back there, fortunately managed to do that in time to get the death inventory with podded Jotunn in it. Aside from that, the Extinction part of my day was uneventful.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

so i decided to return to ark and give it another go. first thing i considered doing was making my way through to beat all the bosses first. then i realized the fear event would be around the corner, so i decided to plan on ways i could defeat the dodorex. as i was talking to a friend he suggested using creatures that have bleed effects, my first thought was allos or carnos, but my friend suggested deinos, then being smaller and potentially harder to hit and over all easier to breed. i figured sure why not. so i spent 2 whole days grinding wild deino nests, using a method i commonly use when hunting for OP stat deinos. by the end of it i had really OP stats for all the needed stats. health, melee, stam and weight. i then bred all the stats into one good pair, i also grinded lvl 5 deinos until i got the worst oxygen possible, i'd never spent so much time in my life looking for such a low stat. i put in the oxygen to to make sure the final pairs level was lower, meaning more mutations to be put in before lvl cap. i then made 4 breeding pools. health, stam, melee and wieght. all with 20 females and 4 males each. this would allow for a sufficient mount of eggs produced meaning mutation occuring more commonly. when i got the first male with the desired mutation for that pool, i would swap it out with the dad, and continue this process repeatedly, after hours apon hours of breeding, eg collecting, mass genocide on babies and cutting up their maimed bodies i had the final results of 40 health, 40 melee, 30 stam and 20 weight mutations. combining them all into one amazingly OP deino breeding pair. i then proceeded to breed a total of 100 deinos all fully imprinted and fitted with the best deino saddles i could obtain. i also bred a decent yuty which i plan to have on the side lines and boost the deinos even more. to test them out i took them out to fight a giga on ragnarok. about 20 died but the giga was killed. so i now have a goal of making 200 fully imprinted saddled deinos. hopefully i can get it done before fear launches, if worse comes to worse i can always use some mutated carnos i bred on the side as extra force. im debating on whether i should ride a deino or fight the dodorex in a mek.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

so i decided to return to ark and give it another go. first thing i considered doing was making my way through to beat all the bosses first. then i realized the fear event would be around the corner, so i decided to plan on ways i could defeat the dodorex. as i was talking to a friend he suggested using creatures that have bleed effects, my first thought was allos or carnos, but my friend suggested deinos, then being smaller and potentially harder to hit and over all easier to breed. i figured sure why not. so i spent 2 whole days grinding wild deino nests, using a method i commonly use when hunting for OP stat deinos. by the end of it i had really OP stats for all the needed stats. health, melee, stam and weight. i then bred all the stats into one good pair, i also grinded lvl 5 deinos until i got the worst oxygen possible, i'd never spent so much time in my life looking for such a low stat. i put in the oxygen to to make sure the final pairs level was lower, meaning more mutations to be put in before lvl cap. i then made 4 breeding pools. health, stam, melee and wieght. all with 20 females and 4 males each. this would allow for a sufficient mount of eggs produced meaning mutation occuring more commonly. when i got the first male with the desired mutation for that pool, i would swap it out with the dad, and continue this process repeatedly, after hours apon hours of breeding, eg collecting, mass genocide on babies and cutting up their maimed bodies i had the final results of 40 health, 40 melee, 30 stam and 20 weight mutations. combining them all into one amazingly OP deino breeding pair. i then proceeded to breed a total of 100 deinos all fully imprinted and fitted with the best deino saddles i could obtain. i also bred a decent yuty which i plan to have on the side lines and boost the deinos even more. to test them out i took them out to fight a giga on ragnarok. about 20 died but the giga was killed. so i now have a goal of making 200 fully imprinted saddled deinos. hopefully i can get it done before fear launches, if worse comes to worse i can always use some mutated carnos i bred on the side as extra force. im debating on whether i should ride a deino or fight the dodorex in a mek.

wow so much stuff done in 2 days... i am still trying to figure out how mutation works and how to breed for superior race dinos. But dont know what to do, a Therizinosaurus killed my other Parasaur so only the level 50 female was left and a level 7 Sabertooth. There is a huge snake around my base right now and cant go out...

14 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

Umm wow that’s a lot, also, umm tame carnos, AND allows, AND raptors, this way u have maximum power! Also I say in a Mek 

(Crystal Isles, unofficial, four of us)

We finally bred up enough decent Crystal Wyverns to attempt to take on the Crystal Wyvern Queen.  We used 6 Blood Wyverns, 5 Tropical Wyverns, 4 Ember Wyverns, and 5 Rexes.  They were all 16K-22K health and 300-400% melee.  The Rexes were to chew on eveything on the ground (the Queen while she is on the ground and the Wyvern Heirs before they are old enough to fly).  I sat on a Blood Wyvern and directed the Rexes.  When the Queen was in the air, I attacked the Queen and when she was on the ground, I attacked pre-adult Heirs.  Flont sat on a Ember Wyvern and directed all of our tamed other Wyverns.  Goober flew on his Tropical Wyvern and Delta flew on the largest Blood wyvern that we had that was tamed by me.  Unfortunately, she had not put in the time to imprint her own Wyvern, so that was the best that we could do.

If you are unfamiliar with the Wyvern Queen boss, she sits in a nest for the first sixth of her health.  She lays lots of eggs that hatch into Heirs which mature quickly and start flying around attacking.  The second sixth of her health is in the air flying around attacking.  The third sixth is in a different nest, the fourth sixth is in the air again, the fifth is on another nest and the final sixth is in the air.  She is immune to all three types of Wyvern breath because she can breathe all three types and she alternates between them.  All Wyverns are immune to their own breath type (at least all Crystal Wyverns - I have not had experience with others yet)..

The Rexes (which were an idea that I added at the last minute) worked great against the Queen on the ground.  Our non-ridden Wyverns would breathe a lot of the time and thus did not damage the Queen often.  The Rexes always did damage with a bite.  When the Queen was in the air, the Rexes roamed the ground chewing on any Wyvern Heirs that they could catch.

My plan was to kill all the Heirs while the Queen was on the ground and to attack the Queen while she was in the air.  Everyone else was concentrating on the Queen all of the time.  I figured that killing Heirs was worthwhile since it meant that everyone else would take less damage and woud last longer.  Unfortunately, I had assumed that no new eggs would be laid while the Queen was flying.  I discovered that she dropped eggs just as frequently while in the air near the end of the fourth phase.  I and all of the Rexes could not keep up with all of the Heirs running around so there were always Heirs attacking everyone.

My backup plan was that if anyone's Wyvern died, they would jump on a Rex since it would be easiest to get.  Delta's Wyvern died first and the Heirs killed her before she could get to a Rex.  My Wyvern died next and I hopped on a Rex (which were fortunately all imprinted by me) and I continued killing Heirs and attacking the Queen when she was on the ground (the fifth segment by this point).  Goober's mount died and so did he before he could get to a Rex.  In the sixth segment, I could just look up and watch as Flont guided the two or three remaining Wyverns against the Queen.  I ran around killing as many Heirs as I could, but there were still many flying around.  Flont dropped from the sky and also died before he could get to a Rex.  There was only a pixel of life left on the Queen, but there was no way that I could reach her in the sky and she was not coming down.  I battled Heirs for a few minutes and then hopped off my Rex and started shooting the Queen with my crossbow (backup plan 2).  I got about 3 shots off before I was covered in a flock of Heirs that shredded everything.

Grrr.  So close.  All of the Rexes survived to the end.  I wonder what I could have done differently that would have helped.  A Deodon?  A Yuty?  More Rexes?  Less Rexes?  Should I have ignored the Heirs and focused on damaging the Queen?

Anyway, we considered it "good enough for now" and moved on to "The Island" (Delta and Goober have not experienced The Island yet) so that we will be ready to appreciate the Halloween Event.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

think that golem variants are still broken, but the other two are definitely fixed.

Thanks, I think I will move all my dinos from story maps onto Valguero then for now and then wipe the story maps and start again. I love the early game grind but don't want to lose my colour event tames.

(Official, Valguero) Hunted beacons, raised a velonasaur to juvenile, lost full set of riot armor (the one I dyed, with rex skull helmet) and a mastercraft pick because when I was trying to get a beacon, game froze, I fell and died, and "take all" function glitched when I was retrieving stuff from my corpse, so armor and pick disappeared. At least everything else, including my shotgun, didn't vanish. Also, the fat that the message for death by falling is "You killed yourself!" is very annoying, since usually it happens from the game crashing when the player is flying. Like, the game can't stay stable when I'm in a situation where a crash would lead to my death, but somehow I'm the one to blame! Yeah, right.

Hatched 5 tek rex eggs, 7 deinon eggs, 2 velona, 1 owl. Tek rex and deinons all killed because no mutations. Velona 1 killed because male, other podded because female, but then I lost the pod. Owl unknown, died and disappeared while I was trying to get back into the game after killing it in task manager because it froze.  Bred gachas, baby didn't have anything new and exciting in its production, so I killed it. Got two cakes from candy corn beacons, tamed two ovis, both wild level 140, male white, female green. Bred them, the baby was male, green. Gonna keep and raise him. With full imprint, just for fun. Maybe start a battle sheep line, though they probably won't be able to take anything stronger than a raptor.

Also, plans for today: take my Scorched Earth survivor that I no longer need there because no more SE base and transfer him to some Aberration server and make a side-base there. Will take much more effort than my other side-bases before it becomes useful, sure, but it's a challenge and I'm up for it.... Err, for trying it and maybe not giving up right away.

(Official, Scorched Earth -> Official, Aberration) Transfer successful. The rest? Not so much. Lags, lags, lags. Game freezes before I can even create a tribe. Running away from threats is, of course, out of question: speed is useless when you can't move at all.

(Official, Aberration) Was able to set up tribe name. Placed some foundations and sleeping bags. Got killed by some Nameless. I don't think I like it at all. I'll keep a survivor there just in case, but pretty sure that I'll keep relying on my Crystal Isles one for all things Aberrant, be it dinos, items or resources.

Or maybe once I get a new melee or health mutation on my tek rexes, I'll move the former SE-current Ab survivor back to SE, make a rex saddle, and send the former breeder rex there to use for obtaining deathworm horns, seeing that announcement of mantises becoming breedable in the future. Probably will do exactly that.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

On 10/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

wow so much stuff done in 2 days... i am still trying to figure out how mutation works and how to breed for superior race dinos. But dont know what to do, a Therizinosaurus killed my other Parasaur so only the level 50 female was left and a level 7 Sabertooth. There is a huge snake around my base right now and cant go out...

when you have done as much breeding as i have it become as easy as taming something. also since i was on single player i done what i usually do to make it as fast as breeding on servers. i used slomo and players only. ik it sounds like cheating but when you play offline it gets annoying.

Well, after about a two month break I'm back in Ark mode with a vengeance. I have to say, sometimes taking a break is more motivating than grinding straight through. I've had a very busy week with a huge amount of progress.

I finally got my nanny up and was able to raise my high level lightning wyvern, which I swiftly used to hunt and tame a pair of thylas. Bred them, raised the baby, then went rex hunting. Tamed a pair of those and bred an entire army up. 

While the army was growing, I got more wyvern eggs, although I only ended up with 1 more good lightning and 1 good poison. Still need a fire.

Speaking of fire, I watched a recent taming video from nooblets and went out and tested it myself. Success! I tamed my dream creature, the blue event colored phoenix that I've been watching on the map for ages. The cage and oil jar method worked beautifully.

And since that wasn't enough, I also started running caves. I have 6 artifacts and just need to run the ruins of Nosti for 3 of those. Side note I hate rubble golems.

I also did a lot of building, finishing the second and third levels of my base, although I still need the roof. And I finished my infrastructure to have all crafting stations I need.

Overall, I'm in amazing shape compared to just how long I was stuck on The Island.

However, I'm running into two bottlenecks, one of which is a familiar and frustrating problem: rex saddle bp. While I could go back and retrieve my other one, I kind of don't want to, for the same reason I raised an entirely new army instead of importing my super bred rexes: it takes a little too much away from the experience.

The other problem is I need a good yuty. I have a pair of them but crap levels, and I am having such a hard time finding new spawns. Carnos are filling up the desert population and constant culling barely puts a dent in them.

I also still need a good fire wyvern to make farming the talons easier. I need 32 of each, so it's worth it to keep farming for an egg.

All in all though, if I stay super focused and get lucky I could be moving on to Aberration as early as December. Considering it took me an entire year to defeat The Island, this is lightning fast. I know Ab is going to be a challenge but I'm really looking forward to it as I love that map. Can't wait.

• Like 1

so the day of reckoning came. whether it was for me and my deino army or the dodorex. i had tamed a quetzal and spent a few hours building a pen that i could carry my deinos on, the maximum was about 30ish. the plan was i would ride on the queztal which also had some turrets on it, whistle the deinos at the dodorex and they would charge off of the platform and attack. well about 10 minutes later and he is already dead. only a few died in the process and the rest were fairly fine, a few were badly hurt, but other than that we were unscathed. i decided to bring a deadon along on the next battle hoping this might make the deinos less likely to die, i also considered bringing a yuty along but that would have been too much of a hassle. after about 10 more nights of killed the dodorex i figured this was getting too easy, the rate at which i was loosing the deinos was much slower than the rate i could produce them at. i was talking to a friend on discord when he suggested i summon in a few dodorexes at once to battle, it seemed that the least amount of deinos i can use and succeed in a battle against the dodorex was 10, so i figured for every 10 deinos i would spawn in one dodorex. so the battle would be 100 deinos against 10 dodorexes. holy sh*t was it an amazing fight. i used whistle groups to whistle each group onto a different dodorex, the deaths were insane, but somehow my deinos won, granted i had lost much more than i had anticipated. but i won. i kept none of the spoils i got from the dodrexes i had spawned in. but now im wondering what i should fight next. maybe a titan or one of the bosses. on a side note after the announcement of bugs being breedable in the upcoming update, i spent  a few hours taming mantis and arthros, hunting for the best stats. i feel like arthros are about to become way more OP than WC had thought they would be.

• Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Spent the day gathering dust (discovered I can use pretty much anything for it, rather than doed or tools only, Jotunn's 611% melee chomps are great for it), oil, corrupted nodules and crystals in order to make a 75 enforcer, only to obtain a 125 one - just a bit more expensive to make! Made that. Tamed a gasbags. Didn't plan to, but red-orange-black! Wild level only 15, but still. Named her Pumpkin. Fed the dinos, uploaded Pumpkin (podded, with saddle), unassembled enforcer, and some dust.

(Official, Valguero) retrieved the uploaded stuff. Tested Pumpkin in the safety of my base (sometimes ending up outside - I haven't fully mastered the art of riding a gasbags yet), assembled enforcer, loaded same cyan patterns onto it as the ones my other one wears, but dyed the enforcer itself white (the other one is dyed black). Nice to have an enforcer that I can actually use. Plus, all those teleportation charges - awesome!

4 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

(Official, Extinction) Spent the day gathering dust (discovered I can use pretty much anything for it, rather than doed or tools only, Jotunn's 611% melee chomps are great for it), oil, corrupted nodules and crystals in order to make a 75 enforcer, only to obtain a 125 one - just a bit more expensive to make! Made that. Tamed a gasbags. Didn't plan to, but red-orange-black! Wild level only 15, but still. Named her Pumpkin. Fed the dinos, uploaded Pumpkin (podded, with saddle), unassembled enforcer, and some dust.

i've heard that the mining tool from gen is good at collecting element dust, but i have not seen heard or tried it myself. from what a friend claims. its the best way to gather element dust from the tables, chairs and what not on extinction.