So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Nice! Everyone’s been up to quite a bit since I last checked. I love it, since I read the forums on days that I can’t play so I get my fill of ARK-ness. 

SP, Island

After the death of my caving bary, I decided to take a step back. Here I am trying to start my boss army when I don’t even have proper kibble to tame anything or haven’t built the latest technology to craft more effeciently. I’ve been trying to rush my way to a broodmother army because I’m excited, but obviously having already cut some corners.

SO... I’ve committed myself to starting a proper kibble farm. I lose a lot of tames because I have to keep it safe for 2Hrs while it eats whatever terrible taming food I brought. No wonder I haven’t got that far into breeding yet! I’ve made it such a chore. I’m currently looking for all the low lvl female Iguanodons for medium eggs. I think they’re the only ones of that size that can get both picked up by the argy as well as bola’d, making it the easiest to tame in my mind. I’ve got a pair so far so I can get the mate boost, so now I just need a small herd of females and an oviraptor. 

Oh also, I’m pretty bad at video games in general so when I started playing back in January, I brought the difficulty level way down. I felt I was ready to take on more danger so I brought it back up a bit. Getting better loot is pretty nice although I’m getting pretty nervous about fighting things now. 

• Like 4

On 8/14/2020 at 5:19 PM, Cordiste said:

I finally found a good saber for the lava cave ? so I got my otter and supplies and staged myself near the lava cave entrance, ready for my next login.

Oo! And I made a nice display inside my house for all the artifacts, under 10000 watches, made an extra pedestal for the future lava cave artifact. 

if any of you have the time, can you throw up some pics of how you’ve got your artifact pedestals laid out? I’m interested to see how everybody else displays these ?

thats really nice!

On 10/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, MtnDrew said:

Happened to notice my argys were just breeding away and their eggs hatch at room temp.  Cool, more free XP.  

Nope.  Unclaimed 200+ lvl argys swarmed and killed my perfect griffin.  I felt like such a tool.

What!? So I've killed a few babies for xp but never noticed them fighting back... what? Sad day anyways poor griffin.

7 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

What!? So I've killed a few babies for xp but never noticed them fighting back... what? Sad day anyways poor griffin.

They were likely adults that they unclaimed, since it sounds like it's unofficial. They likely grew before they were noticed and when they attempted to kill with griffin, they fought back since babies grow up automatically set on "attack your target."

(Official ORP PVP, Ragnarok) Worked on raising the new giga baby some more. She can now stay out overnight properly. Spent most of today online just replenishing raw meat/berry reserves. Still need more dodos before I can properly move to basic kibble for baby food. I made a huge batch of fresh cryos so tomorrow, I'm going to gather a bunch of mejos and go on another dodo taming spree. Once that's through, I plan to go to Extinction for element farming as well, since the giga can be left alone for long periods of time now. Tek dedis here I come! I really need to get back onto bullet farming... I also intend to go back into SP some and test out some build ideas.

Honestly I'm at a point where I'm just kind of working on a whole slew of random stuff lol. 

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Didn't do much. Only imprinted Deimos (this wasn't, of course, written right when I did it.  Considerably later, in fact), made a few meat runs, and gathered crystals dropped by my gachas. Looks like I'll never need to do another obsidian run in my life - Generous lives up to his name, so I have, like, 15 stacks after opening all the crystals. Schedraya's doing her part too, providing me with tons of oil.

(Official, Scorched Earth) Logged on, fed the dinos, logged off.

(Official, Valguero again) Built a... Well, not exactly a crystal collector, but a crystal limiter of sorts - half a hexagon of wooden railings behind my gachas to prevent the crystals from falling too far. Fed the gachas useless stuff: skins, costumes, excess hide, all the arrows and spears I got from hunting, some blueprints that aren't good enough to use or trade. Got more resources and even a first piece of actually good loot: an apprentice fabricated pistol. Imprinted Deimos again, did another meatrun, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Imprinted Deimos again. 2 imprints left to do, and he's 92% grown, so I podded him to do the next and the final imprints just on time. Built a vault for obsidian because I can't just keep it in the fabricator - there's too much! Set Schedraya's production to metal because I have tons of oil now, and afraid that if she keeps making so much I'll run out of space in the vault. At least metal I'll actually use. By the way, when it comes to gacha food for crystals, arrows are the way to do it: fast, light, more frequent production than when using stone. Well, other stackable crafted stuff works the same, but arrows are the cheapest and most lightweight option.

(Official, Extinction) made saddles for gachas. Uploaded them. Hunted stuff. Uploaded some element dust because with Jotunn, who was leveled to 600% melee, I can easily get as much as I want by killing enforcers and defense units. Thought about taming a gasbags, but decided to wait until a taming even happens because according to Dododex a decent one would take forever. Fed the dinos and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) made a 220-something crossbow, 300 tranq arrows, took that and some kibble to a nearest beacon and uploaded it all.

(Official, Extinction) Downloaded all the stuff, took Rose and went to the desert dome for velonas. Found a level 90 male and a level 80 female - not great, but nothing better was there. Tamed them, uploaded them, returned to the City, made and uploaded saddles.

(Official, Valguero again) retrieved velonas and their saddles. Named the male Gunner and the female Vera. Wrote down their base stats. Decided to try out how good they're in combat (well, how good Gunner is in combat), pretty strong, though two deinons nearly killed Gunner, but it's White Cliffs, so I just jumped onto a low cliff and shot them from where they can't reach me. Gonna start breeding them once Vera's breeding cooldown ends.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Just been finding loot lately, from the easy underwater cave and the Swamp Cave. I actually got a 240 armor, mastercraft, great durability flak leggings blueprint. Most has been kind of trash, but this was a lucky exception. I also got an ascendant quetzal saddle, which sounds good, but only had 59.4 armor. Still, a premade saddle is nice, and it's not like I have better. I wish I had a quetzal to put it on.

I also added a painting to my base, hopefully the first of many, I'm thinking of putting them all over. I downloaded the template off of arktemplates.com, and I kind of like it. I also gave my weight argent a nice paint job, which I also came from there.

This search has been a bit dull, but the thrill of spotting a red or yellow drop never gets old. The underwater cave is also really pretty. By the end of the week, I'll hopefully have the saddle I'm searching for. 

• Like 1

(Official, Valguero) Spotted a level 20 alpha rex near my base. Took Gunner, put him on a cliff, shot the rex a lot. The rex ran and fell into a canyon thing with deinons in, I took Gunner again, placed him on a dino-free natural "platform" in the middle of it and shot the rex even more. Killed it. Then found a level 85 one, and, well, it wasn't much harder, just took longer. Then killed a level 25 rock elemental, just because. Then went to the beach and killed some trikes and turtles. And two ichthyos, those are fun to kill with a velo, almost as fun as with a wyvern! Gave gachas a bunch of thatch doors to eat, got a mastecraft miner helmet, two pretty good sickles and a decent sword from them. And a canteen. Plus a bunch of obsidian, like seriously, I have 80 stacks already, good thing I have a vault for that stuff.

Deimos is less than 30 minutes from his last imprint! And only 4 hours until he's fully grown. Can't wait to ride him!

Deimos is fully grown and fully imprinted! Already tried him out and leveled a bit, he's strong! Found an alpha raptor, level 50, dealt with it very quickly. Level 80 bronto takes 10 bites at most. Awesome.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Official, Extinction) Tamed a female mana, level 115 (wild). They really DO float off into the skies if tamed when stuck in the air! Well, it's not like I had a way to transport her safely to a terminal anyway. No big loss. Right now in the process of taming a level 35 female snow owl. She'll be my clean female+source of basic, non-mutated owl colors because while the ones I got from trading are all around awesome, I want a normal-colored one too, and I wanna properly breed them.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the owl (named Purity, by the way). Since breeding is on cooldown due to transfer, she is just a pellet-producer for my gachas right now, and having two owls doing it instead of one is a MASSIVE improvement! I really should raise the second baby owl I have, once I feel like doing that - 3 owls will make my gachas extra-awesome!

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Good Afternoon! I'm SwiftHawk of the tribe, ~The Roost~. I play on a beautiful unofficial PVE cluster called Jurassic Ark. I main on Crystal Isles. I play official and unofficial. Recently I ventured to Genesis to tame a couple of the blue-eyed demons called X-yutyrannus. These guys are much stronger than my line of normal yutyrannus. The first one (140 Female) I led into a trap. She almost murdered my yuty I was riding. I saw that as proof that I for sure needed her and her 145 mate. I had to rest after taming her. My mount, Hawk, had only 1/4 of his health left. After a while I started searching again, all throughout the snow biome on Genesis. I was about to give up after a few hours of searching, but he attacked us from behind in a terrible blizzard. His roar, defiant and proud. I wheeled Hawk around and glimpsed his stark white beauty. He was beautiful and he was strong too. Feeling giddy, Hawk and i raced away out of aggro to set up a basic 4 gate trap. However when I came back, he was no where to be seen. I quickly dashed where I thought he went. I saw a few Procoptodons running away from something behind the trees. We saw him! Aaaand he started running away from me. What the heck, I thought. We chased after him, determined to tame him. Finally he ducked under a rocky overhang...and couldn't move. HA! The feathered idiot got himself stuck. Quickly I dismounted Hawk, and started firing my 200+ crossbow. The blue-eyed demon only fell after 300 arrows. DireWolf lol! Now I am the proud owner of a pair of X-Yutyrannus. I just hope this line cooperates better than my normal yuty line. 😛 Thanks for listening!

• Like 4

(Official, Valguero) Stopped feeding Generous (as in, no personal feeding, trough-only now) because I'm seriously swimming in obsidian now and don't need any more, won't need any more for a long time, in fact. So now only Schedraya gets food put directly in her inventory - metal is always useful, and I go through it pretty quickly. Bred them, just to see what resources the baby will make. Hope for something neat. Bred the velonasaurs, too, the baby is female. Will raise her later. Unpodded Frosty (the second owl) and still-nameless female tek rex to raise them, also, Deimos is an absolute monster of a meatrunner. Podded Diablo because I'm not doing any more giga breeding anytime soon so he doesn't have to occupy space and waste meat right now. Unpodded and killed all the 70% melee giga babies I accumulated. By the way, their hitboxes are kinda weird - I only managed to hit them about half the time despite standing right in front of them. That's all for now.

Gacha was born. Female, Obsidian/Congealed Gas Balls. Not cool enough. Killed it.

(Official, Extinction) Logged on to check on the dinos, looked at the tribe log, noticed that there isn't anything about that mana that floated off dying, so I made a saddle and grabbed a pod and went to check. And she was there! But I forgot the saddle in the smithy. Went back, then again to the mana, saddled her up, landed, Rose was unable to follow me because too fast, so rode the mana to The City, reched my base, podded mana, took Horus, went back for Rose, and then, finally, uploaded the mana.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the mana. Named her Luna. Pretty fun to ride, and it turns out my previous, confusing and extremely laggy, experience of riding a mana (when I was in the passenger seat, being brought back home after my first ever trade) wasn't representative of how it actually goes - a wild-tame with no points put in speed is actually pretty fun!

Read about manas a bit, saw that their breeding times are manageable, unlike those of some other species that give live birth, so they're actually suitable for me to breed with only minimal missed and starved babies and/or intentionally podded mothers because I just don't feel like that. I mean, 4 hours gestation? I can stay that long in the game with no problem! So I uploaded some kibble, mats for the saddle (don't feel like harvesting them on Ext), and a cryopod and logged off Valguero to instead log on with my side-survivor on...

...(Official, Extinction). I grabbed the stuff, made the saddle (didn't forget to actually take it with me this time!) and went to the ice dome. Spent quite some time searching for an alright level male that's stuck in the air. Killed a bunch of stuff, including inferior manas.

And I found him! Well, he was only level 85, but that's the best I found. Plus he was stuck high enough to be safe from anything non-aerial, but low enough to give me plenty of time to saddle him up once tamed. So I tranqed him, tamed him, saddled him up (first try! :)), mounted him (5 or 6 tries. :(), landed, podded, got on Rose's back , went to The City, uploaded him at the nearest terminal, returned to the base and logged off. Also, wrote down his base health, melee, stam and weight,  because I didn't write down Luna's so those are extra-important for future breeding.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 5

(Official, Valguero) Owl is adult now, and stands in front of the gachas. Went for a walk in the Redwoods with Deimos, killed two alpha carnos, very easily. He already has a bit over 140% melee - (a tiny bit)more than twice the amount he had at hatch! Bred managarmrs (male, mom's melee and weight which is good, dad's health stamina which is bad but fixsble). Since it is a male, he'll be not for breeding. Instead I'll raise him with full imprint to use as my mount. Also bred gachas, but had to interrupt it because I wasn't sure I'll be back home in time to claim the baby, so I decided it's better to just not have it - probably wouldn't be all that good anyway. And bred velonas too - a male hatched, so I killed it. Don't need males unless melee or stam mutated.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, BJay said:

I play again since two weeks and a lvl145 theri killed nearly all may dinos as i came online... oh and yes i died today ;)

I played abit after that post... but than i turned away from ark. Now over 2 years later, i am back since 2 weeks. This time everything is running very smooth so far,... but oh boy some things had hard changes. Most of them like the cryo i like a lot...

What are you doing?

2020-10-12 15_52_46-ARK_ Survival Evolved (2).png

• Like 3

Tried to breed all the dinos I could before the event ended, thought it was a success. A bit later as I was waiting for may Managarmr to give birth, I decided to take a quick shower...came back to see the baby dead, it was the lvl 377 Male that I've been trying to get for the past week. On the bright side, I was feeling so fresh and so clean :P

• Haha 1

Finished up my big 27x24 metal breeding room on Ab! Thank goodness for the abundance of metal in biolum, because sheeesh..

Got ~200 ACs bunched up in a neat square to mass hatch whatever I need. Got a few fridges up, things are looking good so far. Tomorrow i'll put feeding troughs around the room, maybe a vault or two. Things are looking good. ^^

• Like 1

Checked out the Extinction explorer map, saw that there are cave drops. Looked at the loot tables for them - saw Ext. saddles. Checked out spawns in the caves - Forest cave EEEEEASY! With a good rex, that is. But Jotunn, with his 18 thousands health, 611% melee, and awesome saddle is definitely a good rex despite being a wild tame, so I logged onto (Official, Extinction), borrowed a pod from the public fridge, froze Jotunn, hopped on Rose-the-not-cool-enough-wyvern, and went to the Sunken forest. There I found a nice non-pillared place to lay down a couple sleeping bags, parked Rose, unpodded Jotunn, put the pod in Rose's inventory for safety, and went into the cave. The first crate was a green and contained a 50 armor managarmr saddle BP. Great! Second one was red, required some maneuvering to get to, and had a 40 armor giga saddle. Meh. Third one green again, a pachyrhino saddle, kinda okay. After getting all that I left the cave, podded Jotunn, returned to The City, uploaded the mana BP, unpodded Jotunn at my base, returned the pod to the fridge and put the giga and pachyrhino saddles into the public vault because I certainly don't need them, but maybe someone else would.

All in all it went very well, I might do it again some time to maybe get owl and velona BPs too. Sure, I could maybe do a drop but drops are an unfamiliar territory for me, a no-onyc cave is much closer to what I'm used to.

(Official, Valguero) Retrieved the mana BP, crafted a saddle (only two bonus points, but still 52 armor is MUCH better than 25!), colored it and put it on Luna - she's my first mana, so she deserves to have the first good saddle. Fed her old saddle to Schedraya.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

SP, The Island,

Great start to my kibble farm! Wow, this must be the easiest task I’ve done in a while. I needed that, too, because I’d suffered a few major losses in the recent past. Today I Got a male iguanodon and 4 females. I have lots of advanced crops saved up, and got 2 high(ish) level females so if I ever need to I can ride one. I have a comfy outpost at the red ob which was perfect for this. I then got a pair of oviraptors to I guess... set the mood. 

Ive already got a whack of argys and argy Eggs so I’ve got superior kibble covered. 

Next, I’m getting theris to both serve as my boss army as well as exceptional kibble egg layers. Now if I can just stop dying and losing dinos, things will be okay 😁

• Like 3

(Official, Scorched Earth) Fed the dinos, built the base a bit more (and then had to take almost all new parts down because since the last time I forgot in what order I should put spiral stairs and walls in order to have both at the same time. Oops!), looked for phoenix (didn't find it), shot a titanosaur a bunch of times (didn't result in anything, since I was using a primitive bow and missed half the time).

(Official, Valguero) raised velonasaur (named Victoria) to juvenile. Raised the still-nameless managarmr a bit and made a saddle for him to wear when he's adult. Got some good riot armor from Schedraya, which is really convenient because the old one broke and would be quite expensive to repair. Might just start relying on the gachas for it completely - why ever repair armor when a few hundred arrows and some owl puke could get me a new and possibly better set?

Hatched an owl egg (twins, wrong stats, wrong color, killed them). Ground a whole bunch of gear (mostly obtained from gacha crystals), which resulted in a pretty nice amount of resources. Made some polymer. Logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Hello Survivors,

today I have two little episodes to tell. I've done a lot of grinding and base work to get a solid foundation on the chaos-server (valguero), but I'll spare you the details. It takes some effort getting used to playing on a 24/7 server, though. Those food-troughs never last long enough. Also I had some health-issues at the end of last week and couldn't play, so feeding the dinos has been an issue. Luckily a fellow player helped me out. I would've been in some trouble otherwise (since I didn't have any cryos then and all the Dinos were sitting at my base).

====== Episode 1 ======

After I had experienced trouble to play regular enough to feed the dinos as needed, I decided it was time to get my first cryopod(s). That actually meant to go out farming organic polymer. Well... that's a lot easier on val, since you find it all along the beaches, not just at the snow-biome. For shorter distance I decided to just cross the big lake instead of going to the south shore. Soon enough I found some fishes and other loot and harvested all in the vicinity. I wasn't quite satisfied, though, since I wanted to make at least 5 pods and the polymer I got wasn't enough. Well, a few dozen meters up the beach was another section of beach. I examined it, found a fish some way further up and farmed it. Examined the vicinity and was surprised that a pack of Allos was within sight. To avoid troubles I decided to take my little party some way back from where I've come. Luckily I found another fish and landed. During the harvest I was suddenly ambushed and from the glimpse I got during the first attack it was either a rex or an allo. Oh no... trouble coming. I ran. Too slow. I was hit again and soon died - it was an allo. My heart was racing, since my expedition party was no doomed to fight the ambushers and from all I had seen out of the corner of my eye, that allo wasn't alone. My most important flyers were all out there, most importantly my only two argys. Well, they had some health-points, but I had no idea how long that would last. Only thing I knew is that they were in serious trouble.
So I hasted to jump on the next Ptera and pushed it to race over the lake. Had to make a little rest before flying on to the battle site. Checked the tribe-log. No entries other than myself. Good. Onwards!
Coming closer to the battle site I saw a 3 vs 3 battle. My two argys and the Ptera I had taken across the lake vs a pack of 3 Allos. All were alive and I started whistling passive & follow as soon as I saw them, still racing closer to get into hearing distance. Then the fight stopped and I was surrounded by all my buddies. *deep*sigh*
I checked on everybodys health. The Ptera was quite beaten up, but the Argys were doing almost ok. The pack of Allos must have moved up the beach to my last farming spot, which I hadn't expected. And quite fast, too. I was pretty sure they hadn't taken up my trail when I first saw them and I've definitely been out of rendering distance. So... another lesson learned and I didn't pay too dearly for this one. Only problem was I still wanted to recover my equipment, so I settled on a nearby rock which was clearly inaccessible by the allos and watched. And indeed - it didn't take long until the pack moved on, keeping their direction. They must have been set to travel up the beach anyways. So I got all that belonged to me, still got all the stuff I had farmed and moved on to craft the pods. Well... that could actually make another episode, but today I've something different to tell.

====== Episode 2 ======

Recently I had done a whole lot of housekeeping and fillling up supplies. Just the daily duties you have to do to keep your base running smoothly. To be short - it wasn't fun. So after all was done I decided to overdraw my "ark-time-account" even more and have some fun. Namely completing my 3-D-collection. The 3-D-collection consists of a Doedicurus, a Daeodon and a Dimetrodon. All excessively useful and I started to call them the 3-D because I had so much trouble getting started on them in my solo play on the island - you might read this story a few pages back on this thread. On Valguero I already had a sweet Doedicurus, again with the help of a very generous fellow on this server, so this time it was Daeodon-time. I had seen some a bit north of the big lake, knowing the territory being not the easiest - all kinds of trouble spawns there. But another night I had landed at the descent of a large hill in that area, expecting that no other creature would be able to traverse the incline. Mistake. A small group of wolf-sized shapes, though a bit bulkier, had come rushing towards me and I had only just enough time to take to the air again. I then checked out what had rushed me and found Daeodons. So that's why I decided to come back here.
First thing I found - as pretty much always in this area - were mammoths. And only seconds later some wolfes. Of course the two groups were fighting each other. It seems as there's no other way of existence for the two. No Daeodons, though. A bit later I found the corpse of a Daeodon, which of course was useless. No chance to even harvest it, though. Too much trouble around. So I kept looking. Took me quite some time, but a bit later I saw a Daeodon that had teamed up with a pack of wolves to bully two mammoths. I switched from Ptera to Argy and dived right into the fray, grabbed and took to the air as fast as I could. Only took one or two hits. Luckily, I was indeed carrying a Daeodon. Hooray. It was a level 60, not too good, but not too bad either. I made haste to leave this unfriendly area, pushing my argy to hurry. That was another mistake. It didn't take too long until I ran out of stamina. I had to rest. I decided to land on a small headland, hoping that it would be easy to pick up the Daeodon later. What was I thinking? As soon as it touched ground it stormed towards the local herbivores. Man ... it was fast. FAST. Next time I saw it, it was fighting 3 Trikes and a Stego, and it  wasn't giving them an easy time. The fight had quickly moved on into a forest and as much as I tried, I couldn't get my argy into any position I could even think about grabbing something. This was a lost case. It didn't take long until the dust settled - there were even more dinos in the vicinity that had joined the fray and made for a quick finish for my (supposed) Daeodon. I pondered my options and actually decided to return to the unfriendly area and give it another go. I had to search some, but not too much this time. Arks gods probably had a look on the clock, granting me a faster exit. I was late. Terribly late. This time I had found two Daeodons taking on a single mammoth. By the time I arrived at the battle site, the mammoth had collapsed and the Daeodons were feeding. That was a lucky circumstance, since each of them was on one side of the corpse. Knowing that they are a quick bunch I didn't bother to examine them, but just grabbed one and flew off. This - no matter what - would be my last action for that session. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised - I found myself carrying a level 140 shiny white Daeodon. How sweet!
Well, I knew I shouldn't push my luck any further, so I let my argy fly at it's own speed and made it easily back to my base. I also hit my taming pen on first try - I'm still having issues with that, but for the Daeodon, knowing that it'll rush the next best creature in the vicinity, it was kind of critical. And I did it. I was almost going crazy. What could go wrong from here? Well... I could overlook something and spoil things. I always can. So I calmed down and prepared for the taming. Looked up the kind of food, the amount of food. Man... this was a hungry fellow. A very hungry fellow. Pondering between my rather small supply of prime meat and my first attempt to make some kibble I decided for the latter. So I got some extra tranq-arrows and my trusted crossbow and stuck the arrows into the Daeodon. It took a LOT. Almost thought I'd never stop shooting. Then it came down with 7+k torpor. Well, that was a number. Next I started preparing the kibble, gathered all the supplies from various storages throughout my base, thres it all together in a pot and set it on fire. It worked. I have to admit that it was my third attempt to cook kibble, but I've failed the first two, so this was my first self-made kibble. Hooray. I added some prime meat and threw it all on the Daeodon. Man, it was hungry... ate ALL the kibble I had prepared (I had hopes it might leave some for future tames) and some extra. Oh well... it was an investment. And it worked. Took only a little time to have it stand up and shine. I had done it. Named it. Put everything back and hurried to sleep in real life. Feeling good :)

==============

Thanks for reading!
Have fun everyone!

Eleusius.

• Like 3