So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I didn't do much, but I added some paintings (just stuck my RL initials on them, didn't make them into anything much) and an alpha rex trophy to my base. Still working on the upgrades. Tommorrow I might take a break from them and do the Swamp Cave or something.

Edited by DodoRaptor

Today I went to the Swamp Cave with a megatheirium. Now for once, it wasn't to level it up, but to just look for loot. Two red drops and a blue drop yielded some not great stuff. I had time to play a bit more, but didn't feel like more of The Island. Instead, I went to play more with my other character. For anyone who doesn't know, that character lost everything in a transfer (I should have made a backup first) and I was really annoyed and stopped playing with it for a while. I use him to play on the non-story ARKs, since I don't want to mix story and non-story.

I made some new armor (just plain hide), a new pick, a hatchet, a spyglass, and crossbow. This all happened on The Center. It's pretty dangerous there, and I have to be careful. The challenge of having to rebuild from such a rough patch is fun though, I'll admit. I think I might go to Ragnarok tomorrow, and I'll be sure to make a backup of the map first. 

Edit: Do I want to backup the map I'm leaving or going to?

Edited by DodoRaptor
  • Like 2

Today: Boss Fights Consummately on My Terms.

So, today, after long hiatuses on Genesis and midway a proper establishment on Crystal Isles, I found myself called back home on Extinction to continue my ongoing quest to finally tame my desert titan.

I have most everything in place, but I found that before I go ahead with 50,000 assault rifle bullets, a selection of decent ascendant assault rifles from my pre-nerf gachas and a loose notion of the strategy, I wanted to actually defeat the titans and unlock the Tek suit as the last piece of what I felt I’d need. And in my mind there was really just one approach I could realistically hope to succeed with.

I don’t keep rexes or gigas in large enough numbers to constitute a proper boss hoard, and I only keep fire wyverns in regard to tackling desert. But there was one thing that I do keep in huge numbers, and have sunk a huge amount of time into breeding, and, as it happens, has always played to my approach to Ark’s challenges: If you throw enough birds at it, the problem tends to go away.

And so I packed up my a-team of thirty monster dimorphodons, and my mounts of choice - my basilisk for ice and forest, and my eagle for desert, and set about my first ever Ark boss fights.

In the interests of full disclosure I should mention these were birds bred from my allotment of creatures I spawn on every map as my favorites, in this case a pair of level 750 dimorphodons, whose lineage was originally meant to be my answer to OSDs.

And I am so pleased to report than the OP dimorphodon flock I’d spent months breeding was more than sufficient to deal with the titans, with them facing the biggest challenge - or at least longest TTK - on desert because they kept getting pulled off by the flocks. The ice Titan’s frost aura also generated a technical challenge, but he was happy to focus me down while I pelted him with my basilisk from range until the birds were unfrozen.

It was an elating, if not entirely fair victory, and now I’m ready to go ahead with my plan to at long last tame my titan.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Twitch/Othory said:

750 ? u play private serv K

I play exclusively single player, actually, lol. And I tend to give myself a pair of my favorite pets for hobby breeding, dimorphodons, microraptors, wyverns and basilisks...the later two bred with the S+ mutator. I spawn them at 500 so they forcetame 750.

Since I’m just single player and I play Ark explicitly for the good of my mental health, I take a very “choose your challenges” approach. As legit as possible, but I like my little luxuries. 😅

• Like 2

(Official, Scorched Earth) Built the base a bit more. Tamed a low-level argent solely for the purpose of carrying the doed around because doing that with a crystal wyvern is kinda awkward due to the speed. Looked for a phoenix during the heat wave, didn't find it, built the base a bit more, another heatwave hit, looked for a phoenix again, the game lagged in the "you can move fine, can't attack, stam and everything else stay the same, by the end you'll be about where you were when the lag started" way, so when it ended I had all the damage accumulated from the heat hit me at once, killing me instantly, and then spent a while searching for my wyvern (found her hovering about half-way to the location that I was-but-actually-wasn't-because-of-lag at the moment of death). Built base a bit more. Logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Today I took Sapphire for another meatrun. It was successful, and I filled both carnivore-only troughs. Then I decided to take her on another meatrun so that I could fill the troughs in the raising corner and unpod Deimos. The game froze. I died. I took one of the wyverns and went to retrieve Sapphire and my death inventory. After that I put the wyvern back in the base, took Sapphire again and went to continue the meatrun. After some successful kills the game froze. I didn't die. Upon logging back on I remounted Sapphire and decided to go back to the base since clearly I can't continue like that and it's safer to stay home if the game is going to behave like that. The game froze. I died. I took the same wyvern and went again to retrieve Sapphire. The game froze.

Certainly an eventful day, but in an entirely wrong way.

Okay. So now I have my best argent hopefully hovering and not sitting in the area where rock elementals spawn, one of my favorite wyverns above the lake (definitely hovering -  I was flying too high for him to start seeking ground for landing), and now my favorite lymantria is in the same situation (unless I survived). The gear I was wearing while riding Sapphire is definitely lost at this point. Of course, I will have to make attempt at retrieving all those flyers, but with the way things are going, I think it's better to unpack some less favorite ones for the task.

Flyer retrieval status: Sunset (lymantria) set to follow Rose. Rose: near Mojito (not close enough to set him to follow). Game: frozen again. Me: probably going to die. Again.

Flyer retrieval status 2: Sunset and Mojito on follow. Sapphire not found, but alive since the tribe log doesn't say she's dead. Game frozen yet again despite using the low memory setting this time.

Flyer retrieval status 3: Mojito almost at the base, Sunset on follow but due to difference in speed I don't know WHERE he is - only that he's alive and following Rose. Game frozen again. Sapphire's location unknown.

Flyer retrieval status 4: Mojito safely within the base's borders. Sunset located. Sapphire still not found. Game frozen.

Flyer retrieval status 5 and final: Sapphire, Sunset and Rose returned to the base, Rose podded again, the game seems to be behaving nicely now, but after such an experience I feel like that's more than enough ARK for today. If it wanted me to play, it should have behaved nicely BEFORE I got tired.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 4

Hey, gang. Wow, many of you have been busy since I last checked in.  I have mostly been building and grinding out materials the last week or two... I lose track of time.  Anyway I am building a large warehouse type structure that will hold and hopefully protect many of our dinos as we seem to get many spawns for raptor and rex in the area.  

I logged in once earlier this week to two raptors having their way with our tames. Somehow they spawned inside our base.  One of them was an alpha.  I was able to jump on an argy and kill them but not before they killed 4 of our dinos.  One of the victims was our only anky and that put a halt on the building project. Silly us for having all tames on passive.  I should have known better. I have since tamed another anky.

I found out the tribe leader really hasn't spent much time on the island and has never done any of the caves.  So, last weekend we took a break from grinding and had fun.  I took him to the lower south cave, the central chitin cave, and the cave on carno island.  We both died a few times along the way from rabies but had fun nonetheless.  He wants to do more but I asked him to pump the brakes because they only get harder from there.  We need better gear before attempting the others. 

I hope to have the warehouse finished either tonight or tomorrow (at least to the point where we can move the dinos inside).  It is roughly 25 floors long by 12 wide and 12 high.  It does however have some dimension as one end is 16 wide and has an upper floor with roof top access for the flyers.  I hate the basic box look so I tried to add windows and angles where I could to break up the otherwise boring structure. I will probably try to add texture and general improvements for some time yet, but the thing should be conceptually done soon. Thank god!

The tribe leader in his adventures on Rag was able to acquire a couple Rexes and Wyverns among other things, so we are starting to put together a nice team.  I had previously tamed a 145 male direwolf before I joined the tribe and the other day I found a 145 female.  I couldn't pass that up.  She ended up with the superior health, weight, and damage. He has better stamina.  I might try to breed them this weekend if I get a chance.  

Anyway, happy adventures to you all. I will try to check in a little more often again. 

• Like 2

Well yesterday I tamed my first Archaeopteryx, on the anniversary of the day the species was discovered in 1861.

In the desert/ mountain cliffs of southern Rag, it's kinda cool to just ride the allo off the cliff and dismount and float down to him.

Before that I tamed a nasty allo pack, 135/145/150 (!!!!), and bred up a tamed 150/224 I already had to a 37 so I could figure out his stats, tribemate had started leveling him.

Got the best stats from all four good allos bred into a nearly solid black 253, and started collecting eggs, these are going to be boss fighters when I get some more health and damage on them.

Went to the desert (base in in the big cave in the highlands) and caught a doed and anky.

It was a good day.

• Like 2

Oh well... my last session was a catastrophe. Though only a minor catastrophe... this game can be very unforgiving and when you get tired and keep playing it only gets worse.
So here's an abstract.

I was playing the chaos server/valguero again. When I logged on I noticed that most of my reserves had spoiled. The preservation-chambers had run out of powder. Bad planning. I'm not used to playing on a permanent server. Need to adjust the amount of powder. Set out to look for a Doedi Level 140 or 145 (max Level on this server is 150), that I had seen the other day and failed to tame. Actually I found it ... or very similar one at almost the same location. It's not the easiest location, though. Some corners and some dangerous animals around. I had 4 Pteras with me, all tamed around 140 and leveled a little, but not good. Had good results with the team so far, though. Took down a 140 Carno with little effort when in a pitch recently. So I had some trust in the team.

Noticed a Dire-Bear around the Doedi, that would probably interfere with my taming. It was level 50, so I could dispatch it. No problem. Started taming. Crossbow broke. Went back to repair the crossbow. Came back, started taming again. The Doedi had moved into a small room between a massive tree and some rocks that actually trapped several of the animals of the surrounding. Several female Megaloceros and a Paraceratherium among them. I decided to tame the Para to get it out of the way. Easy. When I got back to the Doedi, the Crossbow broke again. So another trip to my smithy. Came back, the Para was tamed up and unharmed. Only low level though. Nothing important. I started working on the Doedi again. Another bear interfered. This time I attacked immediately. Bad idea. I quickly noticed this one hit hard. Not too hard, though... every one of my guys would be able to tank around 8 or 9 hits from it and all would hit simultaneously. I thought we'd make it. Well... we did. But badly - very badly. From my team of 4 hand-picked Ptera 2 died. The Para died, too. And eventually the bear died, too. Phuh. That was a win I should have done without. Could have left the bear and come back at a better time. Screw the Para. Well... a lesson learned. Set out working on the Doedi again. This time I was attacked by a swarm of Titanomyrma. Not too bad normally, but I had the other Ptera (only one) left somewhere else on passive and was alone and seriously outnumbered and these Titanos were max level. Then I disconnected. poop! When I got back to the place I had died and the Ptera with me. So that's 3 Pteras down and they were all hand-picked over several hours. The level 140ish Pteras are quite rare on this server. Picked up a new Ptera, but only had meat with me, no prime. So this one would be worse. And unleveled. But hey... at least I had some support. I decided that I wouldn't be successful with the Doedi today. It had evaded my attempts so many times - I should do something else.

I decided to go for loot-boxes and tried placing my oil-pump I had found the other day. Well, that would be exciting. Never had an oil-pump - never even knew these existed until recently. Well, it wasn't a smooth ride, either. Several loot-boxes disappeared right before my eyes. Got some trash out of some (e.g. wooden structures). Not worth mentioning. So I looked after an oil-vene. Hard to find, those buggers. When I found one, there was a Megalosaur roaming the small plateau of the vein. No chance to evade it. I was in no mood to give up, either. Unfortunately. And I was too tired to think about digging up information about the Megalo first, too. Could have been so easy - wait for daybreak and I could have done everything I wanted. But no...  I decided to lure it down the hill. Set the new Ptera aside on passive and moved towards the Megalo when it was close to the edge. It didn't notice me. One bite and the show was on. Quickly turned around trying to fly off. Didn't work. Was demounted immediately and went down the edge. The fall didn't kill me, but I was injured. And pursued. I couldn't even start moving before I was killed. So now I was alone... my only Flyers and most of my equipment far away at an oil-vene and my playing time far far overstretched. And I was dead-tired. However I had to get my stuff back I wouldn't want to start this all over again. Things would disappear on the server if I just stopped now. No way. So I just crafted a few bolas, took an old bow from the storage and made some tranq-arrows. Luckily found a Bronto that sacrificed itself on my spikes, so there would be some prime-meat for taming. Then I started looking. First I only saw level 20ish Pteras around. They probably wouldn't even be able to carry me naked. So no way. After some searching I found a 135 Ptera over the islands. Well... it wouldn't get any better, so I swam over to the island, arrived safely and sorted through the local Pteras. Found the one I had been looking for. It was actually on it's way to the coast. So I swam back. Searched again. Didn't find it. But then I spotted a 150 Ptera. Yay! Wouldn't get any better than this. Bola'd it, Tranq'd it. Easy. Ran back to my base, collected prime and crafted a saddle, back to the Ptera. It worked. A bit rough, but flawless taming. So I set out for my equipment. Finally arrived at the spot. The Megalo had curled up next to my equipment. Collected the stuff, found the other two Ptera of mine, placed the oil-pump and went home. I was so exhausted. Incredible, what this game can do...

So... bottom line... I lost a lot. Most of my air-force came down this episode. Got some reinfocements, though, too. Hopefully they'll be as useful once they're leveled some. Set up an oil-pump. But it's too far away for easy access. Wonder if it's worth the effort. Didn't manage to tame the Doedi. Wonder if I'm ready for this. Felt exhausted. Learned some things... hope it was worth it.

Have fun everyone.

Eleusius.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

(Official, Valguero) Logged on, took Sapphire on a meatrun (near base, in case game starts acting up again), gathered some meat without any accidents, the notification of update in 15 minutes appeared, I gathered more meat, put it into one of the troughs in the raising corner, unpodded Deimos, at 5 minutes notification went for a bit more meat and returned just in time to put it into the trough and go to the greenhouse for a log-off.

Same server, after the update: took Sapphire for her first ever metal run, got a lot. A. Lot. She can carry 3000 weight now, so I got a bit over 2000 anky-reduced metal before deciding that it's enough for today. Very pleased with how things went. No freezing, by the way. Not even lags!

Unpodded the breeder deinons, set them between the rexes on the breeding stand for easier egg gathering. Took a few attempts to get them into a position where male can get to all the females. Bred the tek rexes too. And the featherlights. Waiting for the eggs to hatch. Made some shotgun ammo, too, since can't do breeding without having to shoot a few babies. I mean, I could chainsaw them, I guess, but that'd be too expensive when time comes to repair that chainsaw.

Also, today I traded! Got awesome baby owls (not for serious breeding, since full mutation counters, but two owls better than no owls, plus I can still get a baby from them that I'll be able to imprint) for a tuso BP (the actual trade), and a great sword for one of my tek rex females (spontaneous, the player who bought the tuso BP liked the color on her). Raising one of the owls now, the other one is for later. Got no saddle, but that's a problem to solve later - maybe I'll level my ext character, make primitive saddles and transfer them, or I might buy a decent BP, since I have some stuff I could exchange for one, whatever it'll be, it'll be later - gotta raise the birds first!

Owl's growing fine. Haven't named him yet.

Since I have plenty of metal after today's run, I made some vaults and replaced my old storage boxes with them. Not all - polymer (due to me never accumulating too much of it) and dyes remain in old 45 slot boxes, and miscellaneous got upgraded from small box to 45 box instead. But oil, dust, electronics, crystals, pearls and gasoline all have been moved to big new vaults, and metal has a box (well, vault) now too. No more running out of space in the electronics and oil boxes despite only getting them from tek dinos, no more limiting myself when gathering pearls which are actually fun to gather - I can harvest however much I want now! And the dust... Well, I don't get all that much of it, but better have a bigger box anyway, since judging by the prices I see in the chat, 45 stacks is kind of a meaningless amount.

Oh, also, I missed the featherlight egg hatching. It's dead. But judging by the level in notification, it too after its father anyway, so I probably would have killed it.

Decided to try and see if I could make a better giga saddle. And succeeded! The new one is 85, colored it and put it into a box, Deimos will wear it later. The one I had stored for him before went to Elisabeth, and her old saddle is now in the grinder. Also, eggs are less than half an hour away from hatching - can't wait to see if I'll get anything good! And the next tek rex breeding will be with Jotunn (wild-tame male), to get a replacement for the female I exchanged for a sword.

Eggs all hatched with no mutations. Bred dodos - maybe those would pleasantly surprise me.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 3

Today and yesterday I played on Ragnarok. I want to go back to The Island soon, but my current plans for over there involve a lot of grinding that I wasn't ready for yet. Yesterday, I farmed up some metal and polymer, not a ton of either, and got some incredibly easy loot from the iceworm cave. There's so much easy loot you can get without actually fighting iceworms! The only real work is luring away bears, which is still nothing.

Today, I tamed a level 150 sabertooth that had event colors (all the way from the birthday event, since back in my heyday of Ragnarok that event was going on). Sabers aren't the best (though as a strong sabertooth loyalist, I'll always say they're every bit as good as direwolves), but this one is an awesome red and green one. I also had a ramshackle saddle on a lower level one, so my new one will have to get that soon. Then towards the end, I got more cave loot, including a journeyman longneck blueprint. Not bad!

(Official, Extinction) Built a small base surrounded by metal spikes. Tamed a low-level stego. Lost stego to a level 90 enforcer. Got the enforcer aggroed on the spikes so that it basically killed itself. Got the BP. Pretty okay day so far, I guess. The ext character still not high enough level to become my source of owl saddles, but that's only a matter of time.

Now I'm gonna log on to Valguero, feed the owl, unpod Deimos, log off, check on the bases on Scorched Earth and Crystal Isles, and then back to Valguero.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Logged on, saw that everything's fine and wyverns have plenty of food, logged off.

(Official, Scorched Earth) Logged on, saw that Topaz isn't on the roof where  Ieft her, took Screech and went looking. She wasn't too far, I got her back, used her to get some meat for her and Screech, gathered some berries for Stonebreaker, logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Checked on the giga egg, went into the Abyss, only found 3 crates (one with 90-something araneo BP. Kinda pointless, but keeping it anyway). The Abyss was exceptionally plesiosar-y today which was rather inconvenient as Toriel had already been at only 21000 health from an encounter with an alpha megalodon, but nothing too bad happened, even though most of the two hour wander through the Abyss was spent with her only having about 19000 health due to everything trying to kill us and taking away anything she managed to regenerate above that. Got some pearls (regular and black), some oil, a few stacks of angler gel - don't really need it, but I like it so I always keep it. Maybe I'll put angler gel torches on the balcony I recently added to the house. Podded Toriel, returned to the base, podded Deimos, and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Grabbed the approximate (didn't remember exact one) amount of mats for that level 90 enforcer, uploaded it together with Horus (old argent I'm not using anymore), Pomegranate (high-level parasaur. Never used. Made a saddle for him specifically for this occasion, around 70 armor), a metal pick (130 or something % damage), and a full canteen.

(Official, Extinction) Retrieved the dinos, canteen, and pick, Went back to the base to check if the amount of mats right. Transferred some more from Valguero because it was wrong. Went to make the Enforcer. Turned out the amount still was wrong - I was whole 3000 dust short! didn't feel like getting the extra dust. Made 3 basic ones instead, and a primitive level 7 one from a BP I got from another enforcer that happened nearby. Uploaded two of the basic ones and the one from BP, kept the third basic one to use on Extinction, got two more BPs (levels 52 and 50) from enforcers killed by wild dinos. 52 somehow requires a bit less mats, so I'll keep it to maybe make later. 50 and 90 went into the unlocked vault one tribe is keeping, where everyone can put things they don't need or take things the DO need (a pretty awesome thing! They also have unlocked crafting stations and an incubator for everyone to use. And a gacha in an unlocked pen for anyone to approach, feed, and get crystals from!).

As for the excess resources - all of the poly, oil and dust was uploaded back for me to retrieve on Valguero, about half metal too, 2 stacks I kept to use on Extinction, and the rest  Ieft in the terminal because I got tired of grabbing some, waiting until it's uploadable, uploading, grabbing, waiting... Plus there were two defense units and they didn't like me. At all. As in, they tried to kill me.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 4

Spotted a 150 griffin.  

Built a fatdog trap and got him.  

Pelted him with arrows and nearly killed him, had to whip up a sleeping bag and dump my gear and let him eat me.

I had brought an ovis in a cryopod, so got a perfect tame.  224 Griffin FTW, time to get him back to the base and feed him some baby allos.

Leveled a bunch into melee so I could one hit the baby allos.  Happened to notice my argys were just breeding away and their eggs hatch at room temp.  Cool, more free XP.  

Nope.  Unclaimed 200+ lvl argys swarmed and killed my perfect griffin.  I felt like such a tool.

But then, later....

My tribemate and I went to the plain on the edge of the trench to start drawing out the wyverns.  I've got a gun emplacement set up facing the trap so we can kill them off before egg collecting.  Got nekkid and hopped on my good ptera and went to it while my tribemate manned the turrets.  I'd agro something and head back and he would watch thru a spyglass and tell me what was about to kill me.

Got a 180 lightning egg almost immediately, got my ptera killed, went back and hatched up another, leveled him up, went back and found ANOTHER 180 lightning egg.  So I'm flapping balls back to the trap hollering at my partner

"what's following me?!?!"

It's a lvl whatever poison

"Male or female??"

Female!  

"Turn off the guns, turn off the guns!!"

We got the milk, and raised the 180s and life is gooooood 😁

I'm using halfslabbacons hatch and raise settings since my buddy and I are grown men with wives and jobs, so 5 milk got two raised and imprinted no prob.

Like ark do, the day had some low lows and sky high peaks.

• Like 3

SP, The Island

Bear with me here.

My gameplay had been riddled with heartbreaking loss lately. After a dino death it’s hard to stay positive in order to fix whatever just happened. In my last episode, I explained how I was levelling my caving bary while looking for my first basilo to tame. I spent quite a few days doing this without any real drama. Betty (the bary) had gotten pretty strong and I was starting to feel really good about caving with her after the basilo was found. We would get overburdened with good resources/loot, ditch it onto the argy nearby and go out for more adventuring... so fun! I saw my first Leeds from the perspective of someone NOT on a raft 🤣😂 and also my first mosa and plesi. Got chased by a plesi, lol. I know what these look like already but it’s always cool when you find a new dino in the wild. 

Then, as always, my own recklessness cost the team one of its MVPs.  I was fighting an alpha megalodon amongst a few other things when the jellyfish started to come in. I did a stun attack in order to get all the stun-able creatures but it also gave the getaway a bit of a delay and the jellyfish struck. I had been pretty good up until now, but I let them get just that extra little bit closer and it was all over. I lost Betty and a single empty crypod, amongst other items not worth mentioning. 

this was almost as bad as when I let Zero (argy) die in the mountains because I wasn’t keeping an eye on stam. Oh it hurts so much when it’s your own fault! 😂

I am now back at my Redwoods outpost so I can find another bary 🙄 constantly 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Such is the life of an ARK player. I did feel like I had unfinished business in this area anyway, Betty (bless her soul) was never a good level to begin with so now I have the opportunity to look for the perfect one. 

In this episode I learned to look for silver linings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

(Official, Valguero) Bred tek rexes (to Nightshade, because I remembered that he is also a non-mutated male, and therefore perfectly suitable for production of a replacement breeder female), bred deinons, bred featherlights, did a nice big metal run, realized that I can just throw out all metal and whip it into my inventory instead of taking out two stacks, putting them in the forge and repeating it about 10 times because big metal runs now. Made a 229 damage, 110 durability whip specifically for that purpose. And now I'm just waiting for the featherlight egg to hatch because I don't have any idea what else to do that won't take more time than it takes for the egg to hatch.

Featherlight hatched, female, mother's stats. Not mutated, but keeping one wouldn't make things laggier (especially since that update made things amazingly non-laggy - I mean, before it I wasn't able to play Extinction at all, because the City as the most unique location was the most interesting, and due to lots of non-player structures, unbelievably laggy even in singleplayer, and now I can just move around there, fly by huge bases with only a  bit of stuttering... Okay, I'm shutting up). So, point is, I'm keeping that bird, I'm raising it. Gonna be my second breeding female, for better chances on mutations. Because I want mutations.

Rexes hatched (a while ago), kept one female, killed the rest. Deinons hatched, no mutations, killed all. Did a meatrun just to be safe and logged off Valguero.

(Official, Extinction) Moved the base. Lost my enforcer to a carno. Killed a slightly better enforcer for its BP, got some obsidian, gathered dust and crystal, raided a beaver dam for paste (destroyed  the dam afterwards, of course. I'm a civilized player), went to the public crafting place I mentioned in an earlier post and made polymer, went to the terminal where I left the metal and crystal before, it was still there, timer before stuff becomes transferable was running out and by the time I was done crafting the new enforcer it was just a minute, so I took the resources and uploaded them after all. The few pieces of cementing paste I had left from the polymer making went there too. Returned to the base on my brand new enforcer, spent several hours building it (at first I used stone, but then I started getting tired of building so the second floor is wood + thatch, I'll replace it with stone later. And the fence is just metal spikes. No gate, since I only needed to make it safe to log off for now, and the next time I play there I'll build a proper one.

(Official, Valguero again) Picked up the giga egg because only five hours left on it. Deimos has 30 minutes until imprint, 70% imprinted, and if I counted right, I can actually leave him out while I sleep without risking to mess up the time and miss the last imprint when the time for it comes, so once I get the one I'm waiting for now, I'll put a bit more meat in the troughs, give him some kibble just in case, and got to sleep without podding him.

(technically it's the next day, but making a second post with nobody else's posts in between feels rude, so: Official, Valguero) Logged in and Deimos still had an hour to next imprint. I waited for that, imprinted him, did a meatrun, made a rex saddle, leveled Jotunn and equipped him with it, podded Jotunn, uploaded him, returned to the base and logged off Valguero to enter-

-(official, Extinction) Retrieved Jotunn and used him to get some mats and, more importantly, EXP. Reached the level I needed for owl saddle, made two, uploaded them and the cryopod, killed a bunch more things (got an enforcer BP that's quite good AND manageable resource-wise with no need to get any from the main base!), altered the base to be a bit bigger, added a gate, got rid of the spikes on the parts where noting would be able to approach even without them and logged off.

(Back on official Valguero) Retrieved the saddles and the pod, took the now-grown owl (named Frozen Lime) for a ride - pretty fun! Strong, too. Unpodded the female owl and the future replacement rex breeder, raising them now.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Separate post time now! Because important news: I almost have a gacha pair now! And I don't mean "almost have" like the last time, when I had to abandon them because no way to the terminal. So:

Since my owly boy Frozen Lime on (Official, Valguero) is adult and puking that undigested bone goodness now, I decided that getting a gacha would be neat. First I though to maybe buy one, but took a look at the goods I have and... Well, maybe they'd be enough, but better not make myself look like a bigger idiot than I am, so no. No trading for that specific thing. So I have that wyvern, remember? Rose. Blood crystal. Too pink to use as one of my main rides. But leveled in stam, and she's a good luck wyvern - 2 outta three giga tamings I used her for were successful! So I took Rose in a pod and I took another pod, empty one. And an extra canteen. Uploaded them. And some owl puke (didn't do me any good, though).

So to (Official, Extinction) I went. Took Rose, took empty pod, didn't leave the pellets and the canteen laying there in the nothingness of being uploaded either. Double-checked the Explorer map and to the Sunken Forest I went. First gacha I found pretty quickly, level 20 female. Gave her pellets - not enough. Thatch structures (stone too slow to make) - not enough. Straight up rocks - not enough. So I got that idea. A smart one as it turned out. I had a sickle, so I gathered fiber. Tons of fiber. And made cloth armor. Tons. And fed her that. And it was fine! Sure, effectiveness plummeted, but I don't really care. It worked and it wasn't too slow. I named her Schedraya (which is just female form of the Russian word for "generous", but "generous" doesn't really work as a name for a female dino), podded her, slot-capped myself with cloth hats and boots, and went looking for a male. 3 hours. 3. Hours. I spent looking for a nice, LOW-LEVEL male gacha. Killed a bunch of stuff. And finally found him! Level 35. Spent a lot of time taming him, had to use up not just the clothes I prepared, but also ones off my own back. And my metal hatchet. And all the meat Rose had in her inventory. And some thatch. Well, mostly I used it all to give him something to eat while I get more fiber and make more hats. But in the end I tamed him. He got the name Generous, because it works for a male, and fits the theme. So I podded him, went back to The City, nothing happened at all, no meteors, no corrupted flyers, found a terminal, uploaded them ,just gotta retrieve them back on Valguero now.

(Official, Valguero) Gachas obtained and producing! Schedraya is making oil, can make metal and fragmented green gems, but I enjoy metal runs and don't need gems. Generous is making obsidian, can make blue crystallized sap. Got some quality crystals from them already, but no good loot yet. But anyway, I'm very happy about my new (first ever!) gachas.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official ORP PVP, Ragnarok) Last time, I wrote about how I finished gathering all artifacts needed to summon the bosses. This time, I tell you that I have been hard at work breeding and raising boss fighters for said boss fight. Alpha Dragon and Manticore, I'm coming for you!

I also have been hard at work trying to find gigas. Bullets and building the base better is great and all, but I need teeth, to use and to breed. Finding high levels has sucked. There is nothing else to describe it with. I decided to forfeit that venture and asked around for people selling or trading any. I didn't want anything spectacular to breed with, honestly, anything with 30+ points in melee or health would have been fantastic. Ended up scoring one with a fantastic melee instead. I had to work for it for sure, and the giga in question was a baby, but it was totally worth it. Only 1 mutation, it's mainly red, and fantastic melee stat. However, I decided that I really didn't want to risk losing this baby. So...

I decided that instead of feeding berries and raw meat to my important babies, I wanted to try upgrading to just using basic kibble. So I went on a dodo taming mission. Then another. Then another. Long story short, I've got way too many dodos to count now, and they make eggs like crazy. I also got some dilophosaurs since I had been meaning to start breeding those anyway to stand guard in the base. I have been gathering eggs a lot and making basic kibble as I go and using that to feed the giga baby. I haven't been raising anything else from tiny baby stage in the meantime, everything else is juvenile and above, so that's been that. 

Once the giga can be left alone for 4+ hours, I am going to go to Extinction to grind some more Element so I can get some more tek dedicated storages going, which will make bullet farming way easier since I'll actually have somewhere to keep stuff. Vaults seem so cumbersome and just... not worth having imo. They're so big and bulky for how (in my opinion, the humble packrat I am) little they hold. I tested in SP with where I wanted these new tek dedis to go for optimum bullet farming potential and liked it. I may also try to farm more materials to expand the greenhouse... berry farming near my base isn't fantastic and I want to get some mejoberry and narcoberry crops going. I theoretically could just take some argies and travel farther from my base to where there are denser populations of bushes, but I think it might be more beneficial for someone who does so much breeding like me to use crop plots, since they passively gain berries over time, constantly.

While I have been waiting on giga baby to grow, I did breed a bunch of tames. Cryo'd babies or picked up the eggs of them all just before they hatched so that once I have bigger basic kibble reserves I can use it to raise them out of baby stages. Thinking I need more dodos..., and a bigger kibble farming ramp thing. I just have one layer of ramping right now and have run out of space, so I may make another layer with more dodos on that. 

I have also, however, met a new friend on the server. We have been helping one another out a lot and trading often and I am really liking them a lot. I think I may have a real unofficial alliance in this tribe... which has been an odd experience for me. My people skills can be a little lacking and I tend to keep to my hermit bubble in the desert so I don't have to deal with them, but I have been talking a little more and being kinder to people to try to earn myself some allies and it has clearly worked out in my favor. However, the old alpha of this CA's Ragnarok recently returned, and has also been interesting... In fact, it seems like quite a few old players recently returned. I may not be super involved in the politics of this cluster all the time, but I am very curious to see how this turns out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Separate post time now! Because important news: I almost have a gacha pair now! And I don't mean "almost have" like the last time, when I had to abandon them because no way to the terminal. So:

Since my owly boy Frozen Lime on (Official, Valguero) is adult and puking that undigested bone goodness now, I decided that getting a gacha would be neat. First I though to maybe buy one, but took a look at the goods I have and... Well, maybe they'd be enough, but better not make myself look like a bigger idiot than I am, so no. No trading for that specific thing. So I have that wyvern, remember? Rose. Blood crystal. Too pink to use as one of my main rides. But leveled in stam, and she's a good luck wyvern - 2 outta three giga tamings I used her for were successful! So I took Rose in a pod and I took another pod, empty one. And an extra canteen. Uploaded them. And some owl puke (didn't do me any good, though).

So to (Official, Extinction) I went. Took Rose, took empty pod, didn't leave the pellets and the canteen laying there in the nothingness of being uploaded either. Double-checked the Explorer map and to the Sunken Forest I went. First gacha I found pretty quickly, level 20 female. Gave her pellets - not enough. Thatch structures (stone too slow to make) - not enough. Straight up rocks - not enough. So I got that idea. A smart one as it turned out. I had a sickle, so I gathered fiber. Tons of fiber. And made cloth armor. Tons. And fed her that. And it was fine! Sure, effectiveness plummeted, but I don't really care. It worked and it wasn't too slow. I named her Schedraya (which is just female form of the Russian word for "generous", but "generous" doesn't really work as a name for a female dino), podded her, slot-capped myself with cloth hats and boots, and went looking for a male. 3 hours. 3. Hours. I spent looking for a nice, LOW-LEVEL male gacha. Killed a bunch of stuff. And finally found him! Level 35. Spent a lot of time taming him, had to use up not just the astroworld merch clothes I prepared, but also ones off my own back. And my metal hatchet. And all the meat Rose had in her inventory. And some thatch. Well, mostly I used it all to give him something to eat while I get more fiber and make more hats. But in the end I tamed him. He got the name Generous, because it works for a male, and fits the theme. So I podded him, went back to The City, nothing happened at all, no meteors, no corrupted flyers, found a terminal, uploaded them ,just gotta retrieve them back on Valguero now.

(Official, Valguero) Gachas obtained and producing! Schedraya is making oil, can make metal and fragmented green gems, but I enjoy metal runs and don't need gems. Generous is making obsidian, can make blue crystallized sap. Got some quality crystals from them already, but no good loot yet. But anyway, I'm very happy about my new (first ever!) gachas.

I agree with you.

The past few days, I've done a lot, with both The Island and on the non-stories. For my first char, I've been running the Swamp Cave and easy underwater cave over and over. I want to get a good rex/theri saddle BP, so I can start a new boss army.

I was nervous to start the easy cave, but with a basilosaurus, it's no sweat. I've gotten a LOT of loot. Some of the highlights include, a journeyman megalosaurus saddle blueprint with seventy-something armor (useless on this map, but when I make it to Aberration, it'll be amazingly helpful), a journeyman compound bow, a mastercraft longneck blueprint (I have the metal to make it, but I'm holding off, since I think I could find better), and a journeyman pump shotgun blueprint. Very good!

I actually nearly died and lost my basi in the underwater cave, even though it's not too hard normally. I had dismounted and walked onto a land portion to grab some loot, when several electrophorus that had been hiding attacked. The zapping drained about half my measly human health. I whistled my basi neutral in panic. I then watched ARK's terrible AI send my basi swimming around pathetically. She got some hits in on them, but they were doing a lot of damage. I whistled follow as my basi disappeared. The fight was getting bad and shark had gotten involved. My basi had killed a few of the original swarm, but my basilosaurus was in real danger. Finally, I got her to come to me. I managed to mount and kill them all. She lost close to a quarter of her health in what would have been an easy fight. All's well that ends well.

I'll just keep up the loot farming until I get the right saddle blueprint. Finding a rex or therizino is also a priority. I've found a high-level theri, but it was male, which I already have. ARK's just been mocking me with rexes. Since I tamed my high-level female, I've found no less than four high-level rexes, but they were all female as well.

On the non-stories (just Rag lately) I had some fun at the wyvern trench. I found a 170 poison egg, and my crystal wyvern let me leave the regulars behind. Unfortunately, I got greedy. I stole another egg (95 lightning, just stole it to clear spawns). I landed to rest, not realizing there was a wyvern in render. It was fire and it burned away a ton of health. I fled, but I was too slow thanks to the two eggs. I knew we couldn't both make it out. I dismounted and jumped into the water, while my mount was killed. She was low-level, but it was still sad. I began to try to head home on foot, but ended up dying to hyenadons. Probably for the best, walking the whole way would have been borderline impossible.

I also tamed a new thylacoleo there, since my old one had died in a transfer. I used cooked mutton and went to the savannah. I chose a 135 male, who tamed up easily. Now I have thyla power again! 

With so much going on with both, I don't know if I should choose The Island or non-stories for today.

Edited by DodoRaptor
  • Like 4