So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Great day! I ginded and grinded baby megatheirium, until I was blue in the face. My base became an absolute mess. And those things have appetites! I kept getting meat and berries, but they got eaten very fast.

I know, doesn't sound like a great day. But the end result was worth it. I ended up with around twenty or twenty-one FULLY imprinted megatheirium, better stats on all (some came directly from the breeders, but some were bred from their descendants, guaranteeing the better stats). Each one is definitely worth their weight in gold.

I had to cryo and uncryo some, which I find cheaty, so I only did it when I physically didn't have something, not just to conserve resources.

I also searched for alpha mosas and tusos with my basi, we didn't find either. There weren't even any normal mosas. I wanted to see if my basi was cave-ready. She probably is. Maybe I'll try the easier cave soon.

But the grind isn't over. I still need a good saddle, the metal to craft it, and a yutyrannus. It's okay. I've waited so long. I can wait a bit more...

• Like 1

I'll admit, today was a dark day. 

I don't have that much pvp experience and I grossly underestimated the griefers that attacked me unprovoked, and then I panicked. Although most of my base survived - it's ORP after all - they killed all of my animals that weren't in the upper baby floor aside from a couple argies and stole everything else that was in the cryofridges. 

I learned several valuable lessons today despite the tragedy of it all, and am already repairing and rebuilding. They didn't kill off all my lines so I'm not starting from zero and most of the interior survived. Honestly, I'm not that upset. Definitely not happy about it, but such is life. 

I'm taking a break to spend some time with SO here shortly but later tonight I intend to use the new griffin I tamed to get a wyvern and hatch it. The sooner I get that, the sooner everything goes back to normal. Then I'm going to work and focus very, very hard on base defense, because I grew complacent and shafted base upgrades in lieu of breeding recently, especially with the breeding event. 

Of course, breeding means nothing if you can't keep said breeders protected. Cruelty is the way ARK teaches, though, so...

Lesson learned and I look forward to rebuilding. 

• Like 3

(Official, Valguero) Today I saw the notification about my giga egg hatching. I saw it four minutes after it arrived, so I assumed the giga is dead, but logged on anyways just in case. It's twins. Not dead, not even bloody, though entirely out of food. Colors right, stats right, but both female. Podded them.

• Like 1

Damn you ARK! I mean it's not really ARK's fault, but it's nice to blame something. So yesterday I had leveled up a new megatheirium in the Swamp Cave. Today I went back. Nothing, except for a few dragonflies and ants. Went to the "mosh pit" up north. I killed a bunch of stuff, even an alpha rex. We got a decent amount of levels. I was aiming for 14k-ish health and 525% melee (not a great health goal, but all of them have pretty low base health). We were close to that. I went to kill another, but it was ultimately my downfall.

We didn't have enough health, weren't buffed, and were somewhat encumbered. Eventually it to the point where I realized "We're gonna die here". I haven't died for a long, long time with this char, so that was bad, but losing the megatheirium would be even worse. I valiantly tried to shotgun it, but it was a losing battle. We couldn't run, we couldn't shake aggro, we couldn't kill it.

I lost my precious Brenda (one of only a few named, she had a twin named Brennan, I thought it would be a funny pair of names) and nearly my life. After her death, I dove into the frigid waters and put on some flippers I'd had. I swam for my life until I was far enough away and it was eating something else. Later, I realized what saved me wasn't the flippers, but the fact that the alpha had been chewing on the corpse, unable to harvest it due to the bug. 

So not a great day. It really was my fault and I need to accept that. Oh well. Will dino-wiping speed up the cave's respawning? Because for leveling up these guys, nothing compares to the Swamp Cave. Thanks for answering. Hope your day was better than mine.

Edited by DodoRaptor

(Official, Valguero) Thanks to the latest posts being wiped, I'm not even sure if the last one I remember making was today. I think it was. Whatever. Today that's DEFINITELY today I decided that I've had enough of my crap argents and went to tame a high level male with good weight. Found a 130 one, colors are disgusting, but wild weight was 640. Tamed on kibble, nothing attacked during that. unfortunately, he got a bunch of post-tame points into melee and not so many into weight so it's only a bit above 700, but still better than what I had before. Named him Liam, brought him to the base, bred him to my female argents, set Stephen (previous breeder male) to passive, podded him and threw him out around deinon nests to be eaten. Waiting for the eggs to hatch currently.

Eggs hatched. 2 bad argies (wrong stats), but Retti made me happy because her egg hatched into a beautiful little female argent with only her colors (dark blue body, green top of the head, gray chest, black legs), and Liam's stamina and weight (and melee, but that's not important). Raising her now.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

Remember how I said I was attacked and all cryos stolen? Well, as it would turn out, a friendly to me tribe found all of my podded dinos on some enemies! My base has already received significant upgrades and I've been given all my cryo'd dinos back. Only my dimorph and iguanodon lines, which I had barely started, are entirely gone. The rest have been salvaged! Theris included. I've also started working again finally (stupid pandemic) and so I'm doing a lot better, so I'm finding grinding to not be as annoying, even enjoying seeing all those materials come together and the heaps of progress I've made just in the last few days. 

The ARK gods were looking out for me that day, even if it didn't seem like it. Ultimately, they didn't gain anything from raiding me and I've learned a lot from the attack. Onward and upward!

What a game.

• Like 4

SP, Island

I did so much over the weekend, I’m really happy. After my drama trying to tame a queen bee, I was happy to do some grinding around the base and just chill, make quality of life adjustments. During the day I’ve been hunting for Ovis in their spawn areas but I’ve only ever seen one in my entire time on this map. It’s getting to be a pretty frustrating search. At night I got busy hatching the argent eggs clogging up my fridge, patched a pesky hole in my house, crafted my first ever industrial grill (how have I lived this long without it?), expanded my artifact display and my workshop, and made some veggie cakes so I’m ready for whenever I get an Ovis. I wish they weren’t so rare on this map. 

• Like 2

Just a short overview...

went out to tame a Dimet or a Doedi, again. Came back with two Trikes - as if I had none. But these are high-level Trikes, which can be awesome (already have one). Set one of my low-level Trikes free outside my base, but it refused to move on.

The quest for the other tames continues.

Regards,

Eleusius.

• Like 2

It's been awhile since I last posted.  So here is what's been going on with me this last week, in a nutshell...

Joined my first tribe in PVE Primitive +.  The tribes base is much further along than mine but still has a lot of work to do before it is done.  Right now I think there are 6 in the tribe.  However, 3 have been asleep the whole time and I have never seen their bodies move.  1 I have seen awake twice but he does not stay long and he won't talk to me, lol.  The leader that recruited me seems to be a pretty good guy and plays a lot but splits his time back and forth from Rag.  So it really feels more like a tribe of 2, with most of that time spent alone. Which is okay, but I really would like to see some effort and participation from the others.  I have always played alone though, so any contact with others right now still feels weird.

I think I put in about 30 hours in game during my first 3 days with the tribe... making many many trips out for stone, wood, crystal, metal, etc.... used most of it to replace a half built wood perimeter fence with a 4 high stone one.  I have done some organizing, and built a workshop for saddles and armor.  I check in morning and night to make sure the dinos are being fed, and all the other little things to be a team player.  

I have tamed an anky, a doedi, a yuti, and a bary in the last few days as well. Each one was a good story in itself, but I will skip them today.

This morning I flew around with the tribe leader and we looked at some of the other stables and hatcheries around the island, looking for ideas and inspiration for my next project.  It will take some time to grind all that out, but what the heck... it is fun to create.

• Like 4

(Official, Valguero) Today I did a meatrun, unpodded Deimos, took Toriel and all my SCUBA tanks and once again went to the Abyss. This time I used the Explorer map, plus figured out a neat trick with the settings (turns out, toggling Light bloom on makes it much easier to spot the crates), so I found all or almost all. Today's loot is: mastercraft 433 riot gauntlets (item. I guess, for when my tames gain sentience and tell me to tank that alpha carno/rex/whatever myself?), mastercraft gas mask (BP), journeyman SCUBA mask (BP), Journeyman 139.1 wooden club (BP. Also, WHYYYY?), mastercraft 49 doed saddle (BP), Apprentice night vision goggles (item), apprentice 289.2 riot helmet (BP), journeyman 280.9 riot pants (BP), apprentice 178.1 electric prod (item), and a mastercraft 78.3 plesio platform saddle (item). Not bad, though still not what I want. At least I can grind that saddle for some sweet, sweet metal.

Also, got to actually see tusos and attack them first instead of just suddenly finding them right on top of me.

(Official, Scorched Earth) transferred my uglier ember wyvern I don't use there, created a new survivor, managed to actually get the wyvern (after dying to elements 3 times, getting killed by wild dinos at least five, and intentionally allowing myself to die once because some piece of raptor dung that only by mistake can be called a human built their base on a spawn point and didn't leave any ways out for those who use the point for its actual purpose of being spawned on), tried to get a phoenix during the heat wave but didn't even find it, and accidentally flew into someone's base because it didn't load, so now I'm in the process of logging on/off in hopes of me and my wyvern ending up BELOW the base after that (it's built on pillars, so it might happen if I'm lucky).

Blessed be tribes that, when covering the gap under gate-wall with a regular wall add an unlocked door. No, that wasn't the tribe in whose base I got stuck. It was a different tribe, who has a beacon spawning within their territory which was the nearest beacon that isn't in the canyon or in a mixed pack of various predators. Only thanks to that was I able to get back my cryopod (which I uploaded to retrieve back on Valguero where it belongs) and save my wyvern.

Also today I made this post for a second time because the first version (ending on the tusos) disappeared.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

There's a good chance the maintenance might cause this to be deleted, but I'll still try and share. I haven't played yet, but yesterday I finally had everything go as it should. The swamp cave was respawned, I killed a bunch of stuff, and I got some saddles (only icthy, plesi, and megaloceros, but it's a start). Also took home a ton of leech blood (I'll have enough to last the rest of my ARK gameplay by the time this is done).

I heard that killing stuff outside the cave could "encourage" respawning and killing a bunch of stuff the day before might have helped. That's three down, sixteen to go. Slow, but steady. I'll try to get another leveled today. And don't worry, I'll tell you how it goes, hopefully the cave will be respawned, we won't have to try Carno Island or the "mosh pit".

• Like 2

Okay, played again. Cave wasn't respawned, but I did grab some loot. Even got a mastercraft spino saddle BP and an apprentice fur hat, that'll come in handy in the Snow Cave. I put in a few levels in that he'd either passively gotten or obtained from the few meganeura we saw.

Since there were hardly any creatures, me and my fourth, soon-to-be-leveled megatheirium flew to Carno Island. I basically ran circles around it for 30-40 minutes. Like the others, I went one health, one melee, every two levels. We only encountered one alpha (low-level alpha raptor), but we also got a bunch of loot from drops. Nothing that special or exciting, but still nice.

He has around 12k health and at least 525% melee, not sure what the melee finally ended up as. The health concerns me a bit. My others were in the thirteen thousand zone, which is already fairly low for broodmother fighting; I need all the health I can get, a 1k difference matters when the target is so low. I might leave the healtg there and go work on another megatheirium, but it still feels wrong. If the cave is refusing to respawn, I could make a mini base for leveling-up stuff on the Carno Island. It's cool to imagine, I'll admit, but I still really prefer the Swamp Cave. Anyone who's fought the broodmother, what stats did your megatheirium have?

That's all for now, good luck.

Edit: Phlinger Phoo's army had around 24k health. Yikes. On gamma they lost about four or five thousand with only primitive saddles and no yuty, I'll be fine there even if they all only have 12 or 13k, especially since I want to use good saddles on all difficulties. I have to check beta again. But on alpha, with apprentice saddles on at least some (I don't think they all got them), a yuty, and the far superior stats to mine, only six lived. I'd say my best solution is to pack extra shotgun ammo.

Edited by DodoRaptor

(Official, Valguero) I finally found a giga saddle! Two, actually. Journeyman, 67.3 and 75.3. I'll put the 67 one on Elisabeth and keep the better one for when Deimos is fully grown.

Deimos is 40% grown, got yet another imprint and a bit over three hours until his next one left. New argent juvenile now, named Sapphire, less than an hour until first imprint. Dinos: fed. Things that aren't feeding dinos, raising dinos, swimming in the Abyss or covering wyverns in an entirely unnecessary amount of glowsticks: not done. But I still did things that DID involve raising, feeding, swimming and throwing glowsticks at wyverns, so that's a day well spent. Podded Deimos and Sapphire and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

(Official PVP ORP) Not only did I get all of my cryos back, but another tribe said that they ended up with some fertilized eggs of mine after some battling with the griefers who attacked me, babies of some animals that died in the fire (lol it was a raid but I'll just call it 'the fire' from now on), and was willing to give them back. So now I have some eggs that are guaranteed to be good and be exactly what I need, so that's fantastic! 

These people also gave me plenty of pointers and since then, my base has received even more upgrades. It's bullet farming days here in the future as well as some minor interior QOL repairs - such as crafting myself a ton of empty cryos, because while I got all my tames in cryos back, I had no idea how many spare cryos I had and didn't want to ask for those back since they were going through the trouble of giving me my tames. So, tomorrow I'll probably make a ton of cryos, some cryofridges, and then bullets, bullets, bullets. Did some testing in singleplayer as well to try to replicate what the raiders did on a mockup of my rebuilt/better base to see if it would stand up to an assault, and it did. Obviously, more experienced raiders than me could probably break it faster or what have you, but next time I intend to be ready to defend as well rather than just cower and hope for the best.

In between bullet farming, I have a tame list to get started on. I need to start breeding velonas again and I want to tame microraptors, pegos, and in general, any annoying small creatures I can get my hands on. Maybe onyc, maybe titanoboas, maybe troodons, I have no idea, but something smallish and tranquilizing to keep in the base on aggressive. Onyc I figure could be good since they shred armor and can hit players on mounts. Quite a few yuty babies survived the fire so I have an extraordinary kibble farm still and I have plenty of ovis in cryos fully leveled in health ready for slaughter (since I think Onyc take just raw mutton). Dimorphs could be fun, just for poops and giggles, maybe set them to follow some of the turret velonas on aggressive as well (1. to hopefully clean up any dead animals they kill so they dont starve themselves trying to shoot corpses and 2. again, can hurt players off of tames). I dunno, I will probably have lots of time to kill while I wait for wood and metal to smelt, so I'll just go out with my high stam fire wyvern and look for Annoying Small Tames(TM). 

I'll also be searching for gigas, but I swear, the ARK gods hate me there, because in many years on this Ragnarok map and constant visits to the dunes of the desert, I've seen like 5 gigas total and they've never been over level 95. The gigas I had in the past that were high level all came from the Center but also the idea of transferring for taming a giga that may never spawn and having to leave extraordinary kibble on another map is agonizing. I'll sweep and raze the desert, highlands, and near the green ob until hopefully some high levels spawn. Oh, right, I need to go tame more bees though, since they starved earlier last week... agh...

Though in other news, my newly raised and imprinted thyla and managarmr that survived the fire, I took both out for a spin to get some levels and things, and I love them both. Tbh, I'm still not entirely sure what the craze for the mana is outside of pvp, because while it's fast and fun to ride, it doesn't get hide as well as my thyla nor meat as fast as my wyvern (plus it eats a ton of it through the massive uses of stamina!), etc etc... Though I know it can be used on Aberration and that sounds super useful. Ah well, it's a fun tame and as aforementioned, clearly useful for PVP, so I'm still glad to have raised it and to breed them in the future. The thyla will be useful for hide farming as well as caving. 

I dunno. Lots of future plans. All I did today was gather metal and crystal. Antimesh teleported me around like I was Goku with Instant Transmission for a while because I was farming crystal in a cave in the Ragnarok desert and apparently my head poked too far into the ceiling or something, I dunno, lol. Can't have poop in Detroit the desert.

Anyway, until next time!

• Like 2

My plans have changed. Fighting the alpha broodmother with megatheirium that have only 12 and 13k health is impossible, unless I can find one heck of a saddle. I've sunk way too much into this project to bail out now, so I've decided to use them only for farming gamma, and maybe taking on beta when I'm ready. For alpha, rexes all the way, my great female breeder will make that not too bad. Or maybe spinos. That mastercraft saddle is tempting.

What I actually did today was pretty fun. I got another leveled on Carno Island for the eventual gamma fight, grabbed lots of loot, and started work on a mini-base. I knocked out a 145 argent that looked incredible, but it disappeared after I left and came back. I'm not upset, it would have taken a lot of luck for it to not get eaten. 

Among the loot was an apprentice megatheirium saddle. Awesome! Pre-made, but still very good luck. To be honest, while the levels don't flood in as quick as the Swamp Cave, it's much more reliable to farm Carno Island. Tomorrow, I am totally flying in the rest of the army. I might bring my lystros too, they'll help any not actively getting leveled-up.

I also made a change with the way I'm leveling. My megatheirium can hit awesome melee before their health is in the target zone, so I decided to stop with the "one health, one melee" routine, when I reach the zone and go full health. This whole thing would have seemed so boring to me weeks ago, but it actually feels exciting now.

• Like 2

Today went fairly well. I can't remember the order of everything, so this might be slighty off. Anyway, I worked on my mini-base (I'm still calling it that even though I think it's bigger than my real one) and got it fully built. I added a storage box for loot, a refining forge, and bed (and later a smithy). Then I brought my two leveled ones home (that makes five done). I ended up cryoing all of the non-leveleds (even making two new pods in the process) except for one. So, for anyone confused, that's five done being leveled at home, one non-leveled at home, and thirteen being shipped to Carno Island. 

I also brought my thyla and a lystro. My reasoning for bringing the thyla was that they could get extra levels in the cave if I used the thyla to swim through the water and clear the first section. After trying this, I'd say it's not worth it. I was lucky enough to get a ramshackle thylacoleo saddle BP in a red drop inside the cave, so I don't totally regret going in. The one in the cave got plenty of levels outside and is probably boss-ready (at least for gamma and possibly beta). I won't need to leave Fort Ramshackle (that's what I named it) until I need to level that last megatheirium. 

So, high hopes that tommorrow I'll be able to level more than one (it's the weekend after all), my goal is three or even four. I'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

(Official, Crystal Isles) Logged on to check on the base and the wyverns. Everything's okay. Logged off.

(Official, Scorched Earth) Gathered some sand. Made some clay. Built a bit more of the base. Didn't die at all.

(Official, Valguero) Hatched another tek rex egg (stats correct, but female. Killed it). Hatched another giga egg (stats correct, male, but wrong color), raised Deimos a bit more, gave Sapphire her first imprint.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

it's been a while, but I've accomplished a few things. I took on a daily routine to check the swamp where I had last seen a Dimet, since I really need one to do any breeding. It's simply too hot in my area and temperature is sometimes a bit random (i.e. jumping up or down rather than changing). And electricity is still a far way to go. So it's got to be a Dimet. Those guys unfortunately don't live in the friendliest environments and they aren't the most frequent, either. First attempt failed, as I had told you the other day. Well... seeing that place regularly did help and eventually I found one of those guys. Not a high-level one, but I don't think that's very critical since it's only got to sit and adjust the temperature. They can't do anything else, really ;) This time I managed to swoop in with my argy and grab it. I was so happy - it feels like I'm hunting the 3-D forever without success (Doedi, Dimet and Daeodon) and finally things started to change. I dropped it off at my taming pen and tamed it up easily. And finally I have an option to breed. I still need to build a lot to really get into it, but at least my eggs aren't spoiling any more. So that was the other day.

This time I had to gather resources first. Took forever, but I restocked some important resources. There's always a tough grind around the corner with this game. I've noticed quite happily that changing my trikes from almost low-level to high level did have a nice impact on farming thatch and berries, berries now coming in in hundreds and I have to unload them every couple of seconds. Nice. Well, after that was done I pondered to call it a day or do something more fun than just grinding. I went for the fun part and decided to take my air-force towards the snow-biome in the hope of finding a Daeodon. I don't think you find them anywhere else on the map. So another long journey, but with a few nice sights in between. I was passing the volcano and witnessed a Rex taking an Anky apart. Poor thing. I was inclined to join the battle in defense of the anky,  but I couldn't see anything through my spyglass, since my two accompanying flyers kept moving into the line of sight. So I hesitated and the fight was over in a matter of moments. I don't think I could have changed anything and I haven't taken on any Rex, yet, so it would have been a very dangerous mission. Better safe than sorry. Not far from that scene I came upon a Doedi being harrassed by a Scorpio. Now that could be changed. The Scorpio fell to my air force within seconds and the Doedi was free to roam the volcano again. Well... not quite. I decided to take him with me and give him the best care I could afford. No more dangerous Carnivores around him. Just those nice grey stone it delights to play with. So cool. Another "to-do" that stuck with me forever finally accomplished. Yeah. I'm happy. No desasters this time and some major accomplishments.

Hope you're having fun, too!

Eleusius.

• Like 3

I was able to do three megatheirium! Nine done, ten to go. Loot wasn't spectacular. I'm closer than ever to you, spider! I'm hopefully going to be able to get another three or four done tomorrow. How fast the megatheirium level really depends on how many alphas we can find. Finding an alpha is really helpful. We've fought alpha carnos and raptors, but alpha rexes remain elusive. Speaking of rexes, I killed a 145. It was female and I already have a good female rex.

I think I'm going to be done with this grind in about a week at this rate. Then all I need are the saddles (they aren't the best, but I think they can survive the one or possibly two fights they're cut out for with just primitive) and a yuty. I know I still have yet to actually do any of this, but it's nice to have a clear path towards boss slaying. I will, of course update you tomorrow about how many sloths I leveled up.

• Like 2

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas and the tek rex pair. Only incubated the eggs partially. Raised Deimos and Sapphire some more, imprinted Deimos yet again. Podded the argents I'm not riding, the deinon I was using as a storage for some stuff, and the quetz - it was getting a bit crowded. Laggy, even, and if there's one thing my base must NOT be it's a lag-factory.

• Like 2

I did another three megatheirium today. I had also checked Phlinger's video again the night before, and found that while mine have only half the health after leveling, their melee afterwards ends up significantly higher than his. So now I'm pumping a bit less melee. Still leaving it higher than his due to the bad health issue. This makes me much more comfortable about the fight, though alpha is still probably not doable without the "one heck of a saddle" I mentioned in a different post.

I also got lots of loot, most wasn't great, but I did get an apprentice AR. I'm not an AR expert, but it has what I'd assume is pretty bad durability and deccent damage. I'll take it. Besides the loot, I've also gotten around five or so scorpion eggs. I'm saving them for kibble in a preserving bin, although the old kibble system would have favored them more.

On the megatheirium side of things, now I have twelve done, and a fairly straightforward plan. The next several days, being weekdays, I'll probably be able to only do one or perhaps two at a time. On Friday, two is definitely to be expected, maybe three. Then by Saturday I'll be done or on the last one, depending on how things go (the last one will be a huge pain since my base is across the map and that one was left behind).

Then I'll have most/all of next Saturday and Sunday to farm the metal for saddles (primitive's fine, though if a drop gives me better, I'll use it) and tame a yuty. The yuty seems like a pain, but I've cut several corners to get here, I can't cut more. It doesn't even need to be good, I'll take an 80. I do have a couple of low-levels already, but I'm nervous about them getting hit too much. 

Anyway, if all goes according to plan, the gamma broodmother will be dead next Sunday. Here's hoping. The grind shall continue!

• Like 2

SP, The island

After taming a pair of ovis this weekend, I finally got to the point where I have to start going into the water. I’ve been avoiding this part of the game entirely so far since a lot of bad stuff lives in the ocean, but I need the underwater artifacts. I used the SCUBA gear for the first time while riding my bary, that’s actually pretty fun! Still getting used to navigating underwater though. I’m looking to tame a good basilo for the water caves. 

I didn’t realize that cryopods and cryofridges were things I was able to craft outside of a Tek replicator. I’m not sure why, I just never looked it up and assumed it would be a tek engram I’d learn after beating a boss. So, I grabbed my best argy and some mats, went to the blue ob and made myself a cryofridge and like 6 pods to go with it. I feel this technology is way too OP for my rookie style of gameplay but it’ll make the taming and movement of my boss-fighting army a lot easier, that’s for sure. I definitely do feel like my character is at a higher level than it should be. I just got wrecked soo often in the early days that I had to rebuild my “first base” 12 times and ended up with a lot of crafting xp. Oh well - not a bad problem to have 😉

I also made a few resource runs for obsidian, metal and crystal. I like that I had the foresight so build my endgame base near valuable materials. 

Now, back into the water for the basilo hunt..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cordiste said:

SP, The island

After taming a pair of ovis this weekend, I finally got to the point where I have to start going into the water. I’ve been avoiding this part of the game entirely so far since a lot of bad stuff lives in the ocean, but I need the underwater artifacts. I used the SCUBA gear for the first time while riding my bary, that’s actually pretty fun! Still getting used to navigating underwater though. I’m looking to tame a good basilo for the water caves. 

I didn’t realize that cryopods and cryofridges were things I was able to craft outside of a Tek replicator. I’m not sure why, I just never looked it up and assumed it would be a tek engram I’d learn after beating a boss. So, I grabbed my best argy and some mats, went to the blue ob and made myself a cryofridge and like 6 pods to go with it. I feel this technology is way too OP for my rookie style of gameplay but it’ll make the taming and movement of my boss-fighting army a lot easier, that’s for sure. I definitely do feel like my character is at a higher level than it should be. I just got wrecked soo often in the early days that I had to rebuild my “first base” 12 times and ended up with a lot of crafting xp. Oh well - not a bad problem to have 😉

I also made a few resource runs for obsidian, metal and crystal. I like that I had the foresight so build my endgame base near valuable materials. 

Now, back into the water for the basilo hunt..

If you need a basi, be sure to try Herbivore Island. They are quite common there. Good luck!

• Like 2