So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

(Official, Valguero): did a meatrun, a berry run, two stone runs, thatch one, wood one, crystal one, unpodded Deimos and the two tek rexes for them to grow, and did a bit of work on the elevator "casing".

1. I messed up a bit and will have to rebuild one of the walls some time later when I feel like it. Not fun.

2. Apparently, metal elevators no longer can be controlled through the tracks - platform only now, at least for me. EXTREMELY not fun!

Podded the dinos and logged off.

• Like 1

Today was a lot of grinding. But did I accomplish what I was trying to? Short answer would be yes. I bred my original pair several times, trying to get a good female to breed with my cave runner. During the process I ended up totally jacking my rates and changing the cooldown and egg hatching speed (for mamals and anything else that gestates it works on pregnancy length) and making them even quicker than before. I don't really care. 90% of other people in SP don't really bother "balancing" their rates and just make them whatever is convenient, so that's basically what I did.

At one point I got a pink one, but it had the bad health and bad damage. Putting that sloth down wasn't easy. Finally I got one with both good stats, but it was male. Good for the actual boss, but I already have a male with both good stats for breeding. I then realized that if I used the formerly wild female and the cave runner male I'd be guaranteed the better melee, while still having a 55% chance of getting the better health. So that's what I did. Ah, and to think that the old me just wanted to breed a couple high levels and not worry about getting them perfect. I am no longer that Bob.

Anyway, breeding the mom and first baby got me a female with better of both stats. Jackpot. I'll imprint and raise both of the new ones, and then breed the female with either of the males till I have enough for the fight. Good 'ol inbreeding.

After I get them all imprinted and raised, I'll have to start leveling. And I need a good saddle BP. I'll use them for the swamp cave when they're adults until I get a good saddle. I just don't know if it will be very good for getting levels, since loot will probably respawn quicker than actual creatures. I'll need to find out. And while hide and fiber will be bad, I can get pretty good amounts with my existing tames. Metal has always been awful. I might actually bring my anky on Red Peak to the easy cave in a cryo and farm metal after clearing it. Since metal respawns are next to nonexistent on single player, Red Peaks supplies are dwindling.

When I wasn't sitting around by my megatheirium, I did quite a bit of fishing with my leech blood. I got random junk, but no BPs of any sort. And most of the fish were salmon, not coel. Fishing is a bit underpowered, especially since rods can't be repaired, and blueprints can't be used many times. Oh, one last thing. I got some compies and pachies to hit each other and the gang of compies actually killed all three pachies. One of those pachies was 140! And an iguanodon walked through the crossfire and took enough damage to run, although I don't know if it was finished off or not. Compies are OP.

Did not play yesterday.  Today I decided I needed a fence of some kind since a few raptors have recently wandered into my area.  So I went looking for a deodi to help with gathering all the stone I will need.  I didn't find one, but I did find a low level anky.  It will help some, so I grabbed him.  Built and placed a gate, but not much else to report.  Slow day.

• Like 1

Haven't posted in a while and honestly, that's because I haven't had much to say. I'm in the really grindy phase, not that that bothers me, but still. Breeding therizinos, dimoprhs, thylas, velonas, manas, daeodons, yutys. Started breeding iguanodons as well - mostly for fun though, tbh. Keeping decent relations with everyone so far. I stay in my corner everyone leaves me alone lol. Got some tek stuff going as well. Hoping to start regularly battling bosses for element starting November, but who knows. Goal is to get an operation going on Genesis or Aberration come 2021. 

Until then, though... typical smooth sailing. Breeding therizinos has been really fun and exciting though. It's official so getting them out of baby stage is a bit of a pain but after that... Man, it's been rewarding watching my initial 4 therizinos bloom into the fairly massive project they are now. It may just be the quarantine and the ADHD talking, but working on them consistently throughout the days of the week makes me really happy. 

Anyway, that's all I gotta say for now tbh.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

no actual gameplay today, but some "other" serious progress. On the topic of carrying other Dinos with my Argy I discovered, that some server setting was actually wrong, disabling the "carry other dinos". Changed it and checked - everything easy. Cool - so I can really start taming :)

That's all... over and out.

Eleusius.

• Like 3

(Official, Valguero). Apparently, the elevator thing was a temporary glitch, because today I elevated/delevated it by interacting with the tracks just fine. Great, because it kinda goes into the foundation at the lowest point, so interacting with the platform isn't always an option. Checked on the giga egg, worked on the elevator's surrounding a bit more, placing pillars can be absolutely infuriating sometimes, like "The human puts me a bit below an existing pillar, what does it mean? Oh! Probably that I should REPLACE that pillar! Definitely not that I should go below it, connecting it to the ground and turning it into a support structure instead of a stupid stone stick it is now!".

Killed a wild rex because it interrupted my wood run.

Didn't feed the dinos, they ate yesterday, they'll survive.

Logged off.

• Like 2

I finally did it! I finally got a queen bee. Well, two of them. 

(SP, the island)

ive been  camped out on my tree platform in the redwoods for what seems like forever. At first I was looking for a good direbear and then I went looking for a queen bee so I could get a hive for my base. That so far has been the longest and most gruelling project I’ve undertaken so far in my gameplay. I lost so many direbears in the pen or on my way back to base until I finally managed to protect one well enough to make it back. Then, finding a bee hive that wasn’t empty was another huge challenge. I built I-don’t-know how many ramps to find out it was empty or it wasn’t and I accidentally killed the queen. When I learned how to stop killing the queen, I couldn’t get her to eat my rare flowers. Ouch. What a grind! I’m happy to be back at base (hidden lake) and just be doing resource runs for a while with no drama ?

next up is taming a few ovis and theris now that I can make veggie cakes!! I’m excited for this next step. 

Edited by Cordiste
Typos
  • Like 2

Today I haven't done anything yet, but the plans are to quickly check on my wyverns on the Crystal Isles, then log onto Valguero to pop the giga egg into the hatchery (7 hours left), get a new egg from my gigas, do a big meatrun, at least big enough to fill 1 and a half troughs in the raising corner, and raise my tek rexes and Deimos for as long as I could without running out of things to entertain myself with while the they just stand there and eat meat. Maybe breed baries too. Maybe even argents as well - been a while since I last did anything with them.

(official, Valguero, and Crystal Isles too) Things went almost as planned: I checked on the wyverns, then logged on to Valguero, did a meatrun, bred gigas, unpodded and bred argies, bred baries. Put all the eggs into the hatchery, did a meatrun, unpodded Deimos and the tek rexes.

For a while things were fine: I monitored the bary egg as the one with shortest incubation timer, added meat to baby rexes' inventory as needed, took short breaks from that by watching videos on YouTube. Killed an Alpha rex (and didn't forget to put on my chibi megalodon before that!). The bary hatched into a male, mom's colors, dad's stripes, mom's heath, dad's melee and stamina - all in all, as perfect as can be without mutations! I raised him for a bit.

The only thing the went not as planned is that by the time tek rexes turned juvenile, I realized that I can go for a nap. So I podded Deimos and the bary, did an extra meatrun, picked up the eggs, gave rexes 50 basic kibble each, and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

I've had a string of bad luck.  Yesterday, I tried to tame a doedi, only level 10.  I don't need anything special right now so I decided a level 10 was better than my pickaxe.  Anyway, for  some reason it was taking foorrrrrrreeeevvvveeeerrrrr!!! The taming meter was going up very slow like it was a high level creature. After awhile, I force fed it more narcotics and put a stack of berries in the inventory then I ran off to get some other stuff done.  I returned about 15 minutes later to find it had woken up.  Soooo, I knocked it out again and the same thing happened somewhere between 70-80 percent tamed.  It just woke up.  {headscratcher}

Today, I started the game and immediately got the red message that I had died.  Interesting.  I was in a pretty safe place at my base when I last quit and the tribe log said I died but did not say how.  Ok, whatever. I know... it is ARK.  So I spent a little time re-equipping myself with gear that I had lost.  NOTE TO SELF...store all gear and valuables in a safe location before quitting the game. {another headscratcher}

Then I went looking for another doedi and found a beautiful level 145 on the beach.  Of course it had to be the "mosh pit" beach on the west coast.  When I nosed the taming raft into the beach and lure it to me, all chaos erupted.  I was quickly overtaken by a pack of hyenas and two carnos.  Many were in my pen and some were chewing on various parts outside the pen... and when I drove away from the beach....  A couple of hyenas glitched into my enclosed area around the tiller and...the nasty creatures ate me.  I spawned back at base and flew my ptera to the raft... died two more times trying to re-take my raft.  Eventually, I cleared the boat and regained control.  I recognized some design flaws in the raft and spent a little time making adjustments.  

I headed back to look for a doedi again and the 145 was somehow still kicking on the beach.  I stepped out to take a shot and get it to aggro on me, however, I also got the attention of  the argy flying overhead.  I got back in the driver seat and the argy followed me down the beach.  I stopped the boat and it flew up to my raft and its head was glitching through the walls as it was trying it's best to get me.  It was a level 35.  I shot it a few times, it flew away and then landed on the beach, unconscious.  Ok. I thought my luck was turning.  I know a 35 is nothing to brag about, but I don't have an argy and I would humbly accept this gift from the Ark gods without question.  Then I played the babysitting game.  I would make sure it had food and high torpor, then run back to the raft for protection (still semi close to the mosh pit). Everything was going great. At one point I checked on it and I saw it was at like 97%, it still had about 15 raw meat in the inventory, and torpor meter showed about 30% remaining.  I ran back to the boat and put some supplies in the work bench.  I stepped back out to try to watch it wake up and it was gone.  Not dead with a wild animal eating the carcass, just gone, vanished, poof.  Nothing else around.  {Another headscratcher}.  

It really takes the wind out of your sails each time the game does something like this.  These should be easy tames, and I am failing every time.  I don't understand.  Aaaarrrrgh!

• Like 3

On 9/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, DodoRaptor said:

Any tricks or tips for leveling up boss fighters quick?

Did you hit notes/dosier before your rampage (ridding the dino when you step across the note gives the dino xp buff)? Personally I just leave dinos in cryo for a few weeks after they are newly tamed or raised. Sometimes even months or I forget about them entirely, but I'm end game PVE, with more dinos than I will ever need, so I can do that. But after I take them out of cryo after idk how long, they just automatically get like 40-60 lvls.

54 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Did you hit notes/dosier before your rampage (ridding the dino when you step across the note gives the dino xp buff)? Personally I just leave dinos in cryo for a few weeks after they are newly tamed or raised. Sometimes even months or I forget about them entirely, but I'm end game PVE, with more dinos than I will ever need, so I can do that. But after I take them out of cryo after idk how long, they just automatically get like 40-60 lvls.

Well I ended up grabbing all the notes in the swamp cave with the first one, plus I've always snatched up notes with whatever I'm riding, not great at saving them, but leaving them in cryopods seems like a good idea. Only issue is that this is in single-player, so I can't just log off and do other stuff while they level without me. The game will have to be running for levels to be gained, and it could take a really long time to get the 40+ I'll need. Thank you for answering. 

(Official, Valguero) Tek rexes are growing fine. Went to an elemental hunt with Elisabeth, got attacked by a level 20 alpha rex. Running away on a giga isn't exactly possible, so I had to fight. Elisabeth lost a lot of health, but we won. The loot wasn't any good - just the standard skull and teeth.

Went to the loot cave in hopes for a giga saddle BP, no such thing was found. Got a 60-something armor daeo saddle BP (kinda useful) and a 221.2 ascendant slingshot BP (in a red crate. Red crate!). Still, asc BP is an asc BP, so I decided to keep it. Even used it to make a slingshot and tamed a wild level 145 dilo with it. Added more meat to the raising troughs, restacked it to make it last longer, logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

I've had a string of bad luck.

[...]

Today, I started the game and immediately got the red message that I had died.  Interesting.  I was in a pretty safe place at my base when I last quit and the tribe log said I died but did not say how.  Ok, whatever. I know... it is ARK.  So I spent a little time re-equipping myself with gear that I had lost.  NOTE TO SELF...store all gear and valuables in a safe location before quitting the game. {another headscratcher}

[...]

It really takes the wind out of your sails each time the game does something like this.  These should be easy tames, and I am failing every time.  I don't understand.  Aaaarrrrgh!

Well, this one I know. It happens when the game decides you spawn below ground. Pretty much every login, my location is a little bit off from where I logged off before. Right now I know a place that is relatively safe to log off, but with Ark, nothing's for granted. So, as you said ... store your valuables in a safe place (made a board specifically for that purpose), undress and logoff only after that. This problem can hit you very hard if you log off involuntarily (like your client crashes) and find all your best equipment with your corpse below ground. If you're playing on your own server, there are cheats to counter this problem. But on official, you're just f*ed up.

And yes, we all know that fun and frustration are very close neighbours in this game. As if it wasn't hard to get started anyway, you also have to get used to all the quirks and glitches.

Hope you still have fun!

Regards,

Eleusius.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today, I stayed close to home and didn't chase anything that wasn't for dinner.  I needed a day away from taming. So  I decided to fire up the lumber mill and made stack after stack of fresh lumber.  My house is pretty cool but I will need more room if I am to start acquiring any more dinos.  The ones I have are just parked on the front yard and are subject to attack from any wandering raptor or carno that get too close.  I picked out a spot on the property for a dino house to keep them safe.  The seagulls have also been getting on my nerves lately and a barn of sorts might be a good idea.  

• Like 1

(official, Valguero) Today I made four SCUBA tanks, mask, leggings, took my bary (female, as she's less valuable due to lower stats), grabbed some kibble and went into the Abyss. At first I found nothing good, just a bunch of sharks and mantas. I killed them all and went deeper, but there was an alpha megalodon and I'm not dealing with that. So I turned back. In the place of stuff I killed two basilos spawned, both male, but, unfortunately, both level 20. I used one to practice peeling manta shell off a basilo, and then killed it in hopes of a better one spawning. Then I went closer to the entrance and... There was a basilo! Level 135 female. I easily removed the mantas and started to tame her. She was even considerate enough to swim out of the Abyss and into the safer waters of the Lake. I accidentally hit her once when trying to dispose of icthies nearby (the game lagged in that "everything seems normal, but actions aren't performed right away and nobody knows when and where they'll finally happen" way), but in the end I tamed her. Named her Toriel becase 1: why the hell not? and 2: It was the first name that surfaced in my head. Podded her, went to the base to check the item/BP box for any basilo saddles, found a Journeyman BP with about 60 armor.

Went on a metal run, made the saddle, took pod with Toriel, hopped onto Lampeater, flew to the Lake, unpodded Toriel, podded Lampeater, and went on a nice little murderwander with my new whale. And it WAS nice! She's fast, strong and tough, and upon surfacing it turned out that she's a nice dark red. Hunted cnidarias, just because I can, plus it's a nice, WHALEsome activity. Killed an alpha megalodon, was pretty hard, but Toriel got 25 whole levels from it, so I got her to 25 thousand health, leveled melee some too, so the next time will be easier.

YHFNiBU.png

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 4

Hey all,

well - I was talking about fun and frustration being next door neighbours with this game. And as if the game had been spying on me, it was about to proof just that. I was having fun with my airforce, killing stuff around the swamp, hoping for a Dimet to show up. I could really use one. For the time being, I was just harvesting hide and meat and looking out for my real goal. Well... it didn't show up. Just around the time when I thought I'd call it a day I turned around counting my party. Not that I hadn't done that in a while - I'm almost continuously checking for a complete party. But bang... one member missing. Well, I decided to bring my remaining airforce home and use spectator mode to go looking for the lost member. And so I did. Searched long and wide for way over 2 hours. Even found a lost Parasaur of mine that had somehow turned up in an area where I've never been. But no trace of the missing member of my airforce. So frustrating. I've pretty much turned every stone and in spectator mode it is normally easy to spot your animals due to the highlight colour of the writing above them. Well ... I had to go back to an older save. Hours for nothing. As it is so often.

Hoping for better news soon,

Eleusius.

• Sad 2

(Official, Valguero) Destroyed beaver dams that someone else took everything but wood from.

Gathered some obsidian. Made some polymer. Repaired the SCUBA tanks. Hatched my first mutated giga... With a mutation on weight. And he's green, like his dad. Do they seriously have to be wrong pretty much always?

Gonna grab my basilo and go for some underwater adventuring now.

Underwater adventuring progressing fine. Went deeper than before, to the part where dunkleos, plesios and ammonites live. Plesios have insane aggro range. I wonder whether they're hungry, or just know how ugly they are and want my help with ceasing to live as very ugly water lizards. They give surprisingly little meat.

Killed two tusos. Running out of air. It's back to the base for me - with all the stuff I got from hunting!

Turns out I accidentally threw out the black pearls I got from tusos. Whatever, don't need them anyway, only wanted them to put them in my pearl storage box.

Oh, also, how the things with the tusos went: first I got attacked by two plesious and that one tuso, a level 100 female, was like "Oh! Someone's under attack! Hurt and distracted, I'm gonna grab them!" and so she tried to grab Toriel. Who is a basilo. Yeah, not the best plan. I just kept on fighting, Toriel barely being hurt at all thanks to her good saddle, 25k health, and the fact that the Abyss somehow counts as shallow waters. The plesios die. Tuso realizes that something is VERY WRONG, inks and swims away.  But I already realized that a tuso is an easy prey for me and Tori, so after her we go. Chomp, chomp, she inks again, we chase her down. Repeated it three times and she's dead. While I'm making Toriel munch on that oversized serving of calamari rings, I notice that something attacks her. Another tuso, as it turns out, level 56 male. We attack, he inks, we chase, he inks and... He has a moment of dumb. Or is tired. Or accepted his fate. What I mean is the he inked but didn't swim away. Two more bites and he's dead. 

A new giga just hatched! Right colors, right melee, and he's a male! Gonna start raising him right now. All stats are his dad's, actually, not just melee. Yet he's whole 10 levels below his (completely unleveled) father. Weird.

The game froze and crashed! He'll die! My perfect giga will die. Just like my first perfect giga did and for pretty much the same reason. Why can't I have good things? And the game starts so slowly. When I'm not in a rush it's quick. When it's urgent it's always slow. ARK hates me.

He. Is. Dead. My beautiful, black and brown 125% melee male baby giga is dead. All because ARK had to crash right when I decided to start raising him

Well, he's dead, it's sad, but Deimos is still fine, and while he won't be as powerful as the dead one would have been if it wasn't for that crash, he's still growing up to be a nice giga. His most recent imprint brought him to 2151.9 health, 77.8 melee and 920.3 weight, and that's just 26%, so he'll be pretty good once I get him to 100%.

Tried to tame a 130 giga, failed (first  I got too excited to check dododex and ended up not taking enough shock darts, and then he got loose from the rocks he was stuck on, which made taming impossible. He also almost drowned at one point). And I wasted all of my metal on the darts, too! Even had to grind up some good saddles for it.

Unpodded my bronto Brunhilda, who is leveled to a bit over 200% speed, turned her into a berrymobile (by putting on her a platform saddle and building three large storage boxes on it, close enough to rider's seat to easily take narcoberries out of her inventory and depositing them in the boxes), got a ton of narcoberries.

Took all the spoiled meat out of the troughs in raising corner, made a ton of narcotics.

Realized my oil box is nearly full, gonna have to make a ton of gasoline some time soon to free the space.

Podded Deimos, refilled the troughs for rexes (almost grown! Yay!)

Noticed that it's been 10 hours since this post was initially made. 10 hours. And I played pretty much non-stop during that time. Wow.  It's been a long and eventful day, sometimes arkwesome, sometimes arked up. But now it's done and I'm off to sleep.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 3

Well I finally was able to tame a t rex  famale named her Queen Nevi an ssw as able to figure out how to build a fence trying to put  the fence all around the island I am on so she can free roam without me loosing her lol. She is a level 252 right now an can not get her up any higher oh well. Also after I log out going on to my game an try my hand at the fence again. An also try zn find a griffon.

• Like 2

Today was just grinding. These baby megatheirium are a pain to raise! I had a fun day of inbreeding, imprinting, and killing babies. I don't who's related to who anymore. I think I'm near nineteen, but IDK for sure. They seem to get fully imprinted at around half way matured.

Once I have my perfect nineteen, I'll start taking any mature ones to the swamp cave for levels, and seeing if I can get a saddle blueprint. I also might see if my basi can handle the "easy" underwater cave, maybe we can get a saddle there. When I finally get a saddle, I might just give up on cave runs and get levels other ways. And I need a yuty. Sheesh ARK, having boss fighters hardly seems to put me any closer to the fights than not having them.

I'm also noticing how small and in some parts ugly my base looks. The old me didn't even try to align my smithy with the wall. I'm thinking about a construction project. No, not now. Not when I'm this close...

Well, I'll keep you posted. Have fun out there, Survivors.

(Official, Crystal Isles) Literally just logged on, saw that my bed is still in place and wyverns are still within the base, and logged off.

(Official, Valguero) Bred gigas, bred the new tek rexes. The rex egg already hatched and, unfortunately, it was a female. Killed my old tek rex breeder since I'm not gonna use him anymore. Imprinted Deimos again, by the way, he's 30% grown already and he's pretty huge. Made some greenhouse walls for the elevator casing. Might do a metal run later, since I don't even have enough to repair all of my SCUBA tanks, so it's no Abyss for me at the moment. That's all for now.

Did two whole metal runs. Plenty of metal now!

Repaired the SCUBA tanks and made a fifth one. Made some night vision goggles, too - the Abyss gets really dark sometimes, to the point where just setting gamma to 5 doesn't quite cut it anymore. Went to the Abyss, only did a short run, used two tanks (but took all five). Not FULLY used, of course - I  always (as much as that word can be used considering that I only recently started) leave a bit of durability in case I get lost, so that I'll still have a bit of air to get to the base. Killed some plesios, megalodons and elecrophorus(-i or maybe -es? Whatever's the plural), hunted a few eurypterids, got 20 black pearls from them. No squids this time. Found a deep sea crate, 195.5% composite bow BP and a 148% crossbow BP in it, not bad, though I would prefer a nice SCUBA tank BP to take less of them, that'll allow me to bring back more loot, especially black pearls.

Did another run through the Abyss, used all five tanks this time. Brought back couple stacks of silica pearls, a bit of black pearls (found the clams! No need to rely on trilobites and stuff now), a 200-something crossbow BP (great!) and a 81 megaloceros saddle bp (if it was a rex saddle, that'd be a boss saddle. But I doubt that anyone's insane enough to breed boss fighting deer of all things. Keeping it anyways). Saw no tusos and no plesios. Killed an ammonite, but nothing was around to attack me for that. Returned to the base, placed the loot into appropriate boxes and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1