So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

It's not an eventful day, as I decided to dedicate it to breeding.

Bred rexes, bred gigas, waiting for the oldest giga egg to hatch currently.

Also, 6% is an awesome "age" for a giga - it becomes just as easy to keep alive, as rexes and allos are. I love not having to constantly watch Deimos' food level anymore.

Egg hatched, female, dad's melee, weight and stam. Dad's colors, except for the belly. Will keep for later, but that's not exactly the giga I want.

Since all the other eggs (including the freshly-laid therizino one) will take over and hour to hatch (actual time ranging from the theri incubation time to two days), and Deimos is capable of surviving for about an hour without supervision, I decided to go and kill another elemental. I took Elisabeth and went to the place where my prey should be. There were two, as usual. 95 (way out of the range of what I'm willing to try and attack) and a 55 (bit high, but maybe). I made a bow and shot the 55 to get it close to me. It woke up, walked in my general direction, decided to take a shortcut through the lake, and somehow walked under the ground. I checked with a spyglass, I chomped the land where it's supposed to be - Nothing! Far as I know it just ceased to exist.

Returned to the base mildly disappointed.

Guess the therizino will die. Do disconnects HAVE to happen when I have something vulnerable unpodded/freshly hatched?

Well, I reconnected, the theri is either dead or alive somewhere under the foundation, but I'm not removing the foundation, there are ACs on it, and a therizino isn't worth losing them, unless it got, like, 5 melee mutations at once, which definitely didn't happen. Since I don't trust my connection anymore (at least, for today), I picked up all the eggs but the newest one, put them in the fridge, podded Deimos, and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Crystal Isles, private server, FOUR of us!

Flont and I finally convinced a couple of friends to join us in Ark on a regular basis.  We decided that it would not be as instructive or fun if they just joined our ongoing Scorched Earth campaign, so we came up with a scheme to start all of us again.  They did not have accounts to start with and Flont and I had both acquired Epic accounts when they were on sale (in addition to our Steam accounts) just in case.  We decided that Crystal Isles was "easy" enough (at least in the easy parts of it) and it would be different enough to give us new excitement.  Flont and I created new characters with our Epic accounts and let the two noobs create new characters on our Steam accounts.  I reasoned (incorrectly as it turned out) that if I shut down The Island and Scorched Earth and spun up a new copy of Crystal Isles that was not part of our regular cluster that we could all four play at once.  This did in fact work, but the noobs characters overwrote our old Steam characters (one and a half years' down the drain!).  It looks like an account is unique for the server on which it is located and it does not matter if it is on a different world or on a cluster.  I had created other characters in the past for the same account by creating them on other official servers (a different server each time).

CAUTION: If you ever try to have more than one character at a time, make sure that it is not on the same server as your first account.

Once we stopped crying, we got on with the new exploration and the experiencing of noobness through others' eyes.  We now have high-level (over level 200 after imprinting) Pteranodons which I have not used before.  I always considered them a crutch until I could get Argys.  They are fast and do lots of damage, they just do not have the carrying capacity and hit point potential of Argys.  We snagged a Basilosaur because it swam into our bay which was shallow enough for us to pick off the associated Mantas with only the death of Flont as a consequence (it felt good for me to see someone else die for once).  We tried a foray around the desert area to the South to get a Megatherium, but an Alpha Leeds sank our raft and Scorpions and Mantises polished the rest of us off.  Only Flont survived because he was our aerial scout for this foray.  So we are still working our way up from the subsistence level, but the noobs are becoming old hands now (they have their own accounts) and it should go quicker with twice as many of us.

• Like 1

I didn't play yesterday.  Took the day off.  Today, I woke up at base and started the process of replenishing my Therizino platoon.  I need three so I hatched three eggs and got 4 (one set of twins).  kept them all and I will decide which tree to take later.  Between imprints I did busy work like running out for hide, lumber, metal, etc. to restock the shelves.  I logged off after all 4 were fully imprinted.

• Like 1

Checked on the giga egg (23 hours left, I'm still good to do whatever I want without worrying about it), took Bloodwind to look for some alpha dinos. Found an 86 alpha raptor and a 55 alpha rex, killed both., It was... Different from using Wildfire. Not really worse or better, as the result (dead alpha, barely even hurt wyvern) was still the same, and so was the time, but I think I prefer Wildfire. Maybe it's just because I like him more, and use him more, so I sorta feel more connected with him that with Bloodwind (or with Skysoul, for that matter), even though all three of my wyverns that are actually in use are equally cool in terms of looks and pretty close in terms of combat ability. Also, I think that I might move Emerald from the "meant to be breeder, but that's not happening, so podded forever" category to the "another wyvern I use" category, since unlike the other two (Topaz and Rose) he has really nice colors.

• Like 1

Yesterday, I ran the lower south cave (super easy) with my megatherium and otter on my shoulder. I made out with 3 artifacts, simply got bored of standing around and waiting for it to respawn. I only need 1 for broodmother but I wanted extra.

next login, I want to chase down a good saber to tame so I can run the lava cave with it and the otter. I’ve read the wiki and the forums but if you have any additional tips and tricks, I’m all ears!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cordiste said:

Yesterday, I ran the lower south cave (super easy) with my megatherium and otter on my shoulder. I made out with 3 artifacts, simply got bored of standing around and waiting for it to respawn. I only need 1 for broodmother but I wanted extra.

next login, I want to chase down a good saber to tame so I can run the lava cave with it and the otter. I’ve read the wiki and the forums but if you have any additional tips and tricks, I’m all ears!

God that cave is awful. The lava cave, I mean. The first two jumps are easy, the other two should just be grappled over. This must be done on foot, so carry a shotgun. DON'T FALL IN! At least once I unspooled a bit low, and nearly was dunked into the lava. One of the "easy" jumps is much harder the second time, I missed it, and landed on a lower ledge. I managed to cryo my saber, and use my last grapple to escape.

Playing offline solo, just finished up a visit to Valguero and came back to the Island with about 16 Deinonychus eggs to hopefully breed the ultimate cave mount. Only about 6 or 7 are getting hatched though, rest are being made into kibble to help with taming Yutyrannus with the hopes of having an imprinted mount for the bosses. Since this is just the Gamma set, I doubt I need to go all-in on breeding to make super dinos just yet.

4 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

God that cave is awful. The lava cave, I mean. The first two jumps are easy, the other two should just be grappled over. This must be done on foot, so carry a shotgun. DON'T FALL IN! At least once I unspooled a bit low, and nearly was dunked into the lava. One of the "easy" jumps is much harder the second time, I missed it, and landed on a lower ledge. I managed to cryo my saber, and use my last grapple to escape.

I remember being silly enough to try jumping to the artifact itself. Getting there was ok, but going back the terrain made me miss the jump... luckily the Raptor I was riding was a beast and was able to live long enough for me to ride him out, but my poor otter died instantly and I had to rush back to the surface because I entered the cave in Flak Armor and I was now losing health to hyperthermia.

• Like 1

I went back to ark after a short break. I decided I didn't want to return to the island and get back to the grind of getting high-level dinos just yet, so I played on Rag. I grabbed my stuff from when I had died to a bunch of sabertooths, and got some stuff made up to replace what I'd lost in the buggy death on CI (for those of you who didn't read that post, I glitched through the mesh, fell out onto the ground, and my body couldn't be retrieved for some reason, even though I died in the normal world, not the mesh).

I cleared by the swamp castle with my argent, just in case I want to make a base there, but the bats hit hard, and are crazy levels. And of course, just as I finished off the very last one in the group that charged me, I got mega rabies. I pulled through with 13 health remaining, assisted by cooked meat. I think the best way to do it would be to put a foundation to prevent respawns, then pull them away until they despawn, basically what you have to do to get a wyvern egg.

But I think I want to make my first "real" base on Ragnarok near an obelisk, since with this character I'm very liberal about transferring between non-story arks. The three best places I've found are the redwoods by the red obelisk, maybe I could get a tree platfom base going, the big highlands cave, with all the wyvern scar looking pillars since it's kind of near red, or the big cave by the blue obelisk.

I also grabbed my griffin, thorny dragon, and doedicurus from CI, but I forgot how buggy transferring cryoed things in, and the latter two came in cryopods. They each got like twenty magic levels. I pumped them all into weight, since there really was no point in just leaving those level-ups there, but I still feel guilty. At least they're only gatherers. I got the stuff ready for a small thylacoleo trap. Is one high too small? I want to tame one tommorrow, I can stop at the highlands for easy mutton, and get some campfires made to cook it all. Then I'll just go to the Scorched Earth islands and tame myself a thyla. Finding a high-level should be easy.

Oh, I also I got a journeyman carno saddle, a journeyman arthro saddle, and a journeyman AR blueprint, all from a red drop with a ring. And from a purple I got a mastercraft crossbow, it can replace the engram quality one I had been forced to make after losing everything. My carno, my important early meat collecter, now wears a nice saddle, and I really want an arthro suddenly. Everything is coming together.

Edited by DodoRaptor
  • Like 1

Used the materials I gathered yesterday during imprinting gaps to make a Therizino saddle.  Then pulled out the other three saddles I brought back from the beta dragon fight and slapped them all on the new therizinos.  Took one on a quick run to raid bee hives for honey.  There are five near the green obelisk that are reachable from the ground and I can get 25 honey every 15 minutes.  I used to have a bee hive but it despawned somehow and I don't want to take the time right now to get another.  Taming a queen bee is work. lol.

Returned to base and hopped on the Argy.  Flew to the red obelisk and checked on the therizino crew. All are healed except for two... and they are close to ready again.  I decided that I am going to leave the pig behind for alpha fight too.  I know many people love taking them, but from what I have seen and read, the best way to get the most benefit out of the pig is to have someone ride it.... controlling the food intake and healing when needed.  Seems logical if more that one player is involved.  However, when I finally beat the alpha I don't want my story to say something like... with a final thrust of his sword, the gallant Sir Penguin, mounted on his faithful pig, watches the dragon fall... No, no, no! I can't do it. 

And with the surprise yesterday of the extra therizino I have decided to go with 19 therizinos and 1 yuty.  If I am not riding the pig, realistically I could only expect 1 good healing burst from him on auto heal, maybe two if he is full of mutton.  The fight will be over before he can eat enough to heal again I think.  So I believe it will be best to just ride the yuty and scream my heart out.  And the extra Therizino can add to the total dps where the pig would not. I am ready to accept casualties of war, so long as that dragon falls.

Flew back to base and rode out with the new tickle chickens for some levels. I didn't get far before I had to go to work.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cordiste said:

If I remember right, one of the first jumps as you go through the cave is downhill a little.  It is not a problem until you are trying to leave because it is an uphill jump on the way out.  I underestimated it the first time.  I didn't make it and died in the lava below with my saber cat.  It can be dark right there and it is easy to take the wrong angle for the jump as I did.  I later tried again on a saber and did ok but was very nervous.  It is possible to place a stone foundation on either side of the gap and that helps. Add a little light and it is no problem.

I don't mess with jumping over the lava with a mount on the lower sections near the artifact.  I hop off and grapple myself to the prize.  

Checked on the dinos on Valguero, fed them, switched 8 hours away from hatching giga egg in the hatchery for a freshly laid one.

Checked on the wyverns on Crystal Isles, gave them some more crystals, looked for supply crates (didn't find anything good).

Worked on my singleplayer base, added more trees to the garden part, some more machicolations to the walls, more crystals to the decorative half of the lake.

Also, since I use Human NPC mod, I built three houses in the part of the base where animals will be kept and crops will be grown. Each house is 2 long, three wide, with a fireplace, a kettle, a table, two chairs, and two beds (in the attic). Sure, humans from that mod aren't advanced enough to make use of all that, but I just want it to look like a small village of sorts, rather than an animal pen.

Finished the machicolations, now I just gotta put all the walled archways, and roof toppers, and a glass buoy after every three rooftoppers, and lanterns above the rest of the gates, and switch all the Legacy CKF keep pieces to obsidian, and then, finally, my base will be done and I'll be able to actually play on that save. It's still a ton of work to do, but way, way less than building the rest of it was.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

If I remember right, one of the first jumps as you go through the cave is downhill a little.  It is not a problem until you are trying to leave because it is an uphill jump on the way out.  I underestimated it the first time.  I didn't make it and died in the lava below with my saber cat.  It can be dark right there and it is easy to take the wrong angle for the jump as I did.  I later tried again on a saber and did ok but was very nervous.  It is possible to place a stone foundation on either side of the gap and that helps. Add a little light and it is no problem.

I don't mess with jumping over the lava with a mount on the lower sections near the artifact.  I hop off and grapple myself to the prize.  

Thanks for the tip. I was planning on bringing foundations for a little bit so now I’ll just bring a few extra. I went saber hunting last night but couldn’t find a high level. Killed all the lesser ones. Sunday I should have time to find one and run the cave. 

I’ll let you guys know how I do.. 

• Like 1

Spent some time on each new therizino today...added maybe 12-15 levels on each one.  I found a few alpha along the way to help but noticed many areas that are traditionally full of wild dinos are getting thin and re-spawns are not coming very quickly.  I may need to dino-wipe.  It is not too much of an issue right now but I will need some fresh meet when I prep the rex army for the tek cave after the dragon.  lol.  Grind, grind, grind. Work is never done.

• Like 1

Today I went to the highlands, got mutton, cooked it, and journeyed to the savannah area in the south. I used a pen to tame a 130 female thyla, and named her Caramel. I'll need a bit more metal to make her a saddle, since I spent so much on tranq darts. It was a long tame, and after two high-level thylas tames on different maps, I've decided that I'll want kibble for the next one. That was basically the whole day, but I did notice a male 140 rex, and a female 145 rex on the way home. When I get a saddle and more darts/arrows, I'll tame them both. I don't know if their babies can beat the Ragnarok gaurdians, they might be weaker than normal, but the dragon would probably kill them fast. They could probably take the iceworm queen, and the center gaurdians if I ever go there. Going there doesn't seem like a bad idea, it might not have any new dinos, but it has some cool caves and biomes. 

Have't done anything on either of the servers yet, but did more work on the singleplayer base. More archways, more glass buoys, light switches because apparently lanterns don't have in-built light sensors anymore (had to use advanced switches because I have tons of lanterns but want to get away with just 8 switches, one in each tower). Spawned a wild juvenile valyrian dragon from MM: Dragons mod for me to tame later (far away in the mountains, so that I can't go for it right after unlocking the food bait station). Checked if a basilisk can fit through the gates I'm using (it can).

The base itself is not as cheaty as one may expect from an enormous (it can rain on one end and snow on the other. That's how huge it is) keep: the only crafting stations it's equipped with are the cooking stove, the three pots in the homes for human NPCs that I'll tame at some point, and a mortar&pestle. Everything else I'll have to unlock, gather materials for and build once I'll actually start playing. And the only tame I'll start with is a level 7 pygmy gryphon, which is a pet and not a combat tame (I doubt it'll even be able to fight off a dilo, and the weakest things around my base are direwolves)

Logged onto Valguero.  The training dummy has auto-decayed, pretty sure they're supposed to last a bit longer. Whatever, they're easy and cheap to make.

Did a meatrun with Elisabeth, small one because I found two level 20 elementals, so most of her inventory was filled with metal, crystal and obsidian.

Unpodded Deimos, gave him meat and kibble, put all my rex and giga eggs back into the hatchery and went to check on the loot cave. Still no giga BP, but I found an 86 ascendant sarco one, not sure whether it'll be a BP I'll trade for something, or a BP I'll tame a sarco for.

And now I'm just waiting for the eggs to start hatching, doing nothing else.

Giga egg hatched, female, father's colors, mother's melee. So, the opposite of what I want. Tek rex eggs hatched too, no new mutations, so I killed them for metal. At least Deimos' next imprinting is soon, so it wouldn't be an entirely pointless day.

Went into the loot cave for the second time (nothing good), fished (same), imprinted Deimos, picked up the giga eggs except for the newest one, froze Deimos and logged off.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

I’m definitely not as far into the game as you all are, holy cow!

I had a quick 2Hrs free yesterday so I built a taming pen raft for my caving saber search. My base is at Hidden Lake so carno island is pretty closeby. I sailed the raft to the island and began searching. Looots of sabers of course, but all low levels. Kill, harvest, repeat to get fresh spawns. The only half-decent-level saber I found got accidentally eaten... I dropped it in the water when trying for the taming pen and it swam back to shore - straight into a high lvl Rex ?

the search continues..

• Like 1

Well I moved my Rag character to The Center, and got a shack made. I'm right by the blue obelisk, and even though it's a bit cheaty, I dino-wiped to get there, since it was surrounded by dangerous stuff. Don't tell anyone. I've got my new thyla and an argent there. I tamed a 145 raptor, but it has pretty bad damage and weight. I guess raptors don't have great weight or damage in general, but it's still a but of a shame.

Honestly, I kind of regret moving. The map's really detailed water and terrain are taking a toll on my less-than-stellar PC. The cliffs and islands are all weirdly shaped too. I guess it'll still be fun running the caves, I nearly fell in one while exploring with my argentavis. It was a big "pit" hidden in some ruins. I'll see which one it was on the wiki, and if it doesn't look too bad, I might explore. Why have a pocket thyla if you don't ever use it?

I kind of want to go to Crystal Isles, but I maybe I'll stay here. I don't have tek transmitters, so I want to remain near the obelisk. On Rag and Crystal Isles I'm somewhat near obelisks, and on The Center I'm practically on top of one. I also wanted to get a new base on Rag...

So much to do on the non-stories, but The Island isn't getting much love right now.

I finished levelling the last of my therizinos.  I made more veggie cakes then went around and gathered my stuff and headed back to the obelisk.  I double checked everyone's health and made sure they were all squished into the circle.  Took some advice from another player here in the forum and checked the list of names inside the podium to make sure they were all listed.  All good. So I passed out food and cakes, changed into my best ghillie suit, tossed in the tributes, and pushed the button.

On the other side I quickly jumped onto Lady Gaga (Yuty) and counted the tickle chickens.  I am soooo happy to say all dinos teleported this time. Woohoo!  I regained my thoughts and began moving the army around the arena, never staying in one spot very long.  A few fireball comet things were thrown at us but l don't think there were any direct hits. The dragon sent his flying minions at us next.  I whistled the group from passive to aggressive and they took care of business without issue. The alpha dragon landed right near the lava and thankfully crossed to our side.  I pointed and the therizinos went to work.  I kept Lady Gaga back and let her sing.  All those little yellow halos are so pretty.  Anyway, the therizinos shredded the alpha faster than I thought possible. I didn't watch the clock but my guess is about 2 minutes.  When the dragon fell, I checked the log to see if anybody died without me noticing.... needed to know if I had to search for saddles.... but no.  All survived.  ?

Back on the island, I saw three therizinos each lost about 25k health.  all the others lost closer to 5k health.  Not too bad.  Oh, I am soooo happy to have that behind me.  Now, I get to prep for the tek cave.

• Like 1

Hey all,

my last post was from august 7th and I did go on a little vacation without ark - hek, even without internet of any sort. But before that I played another episode, which grew quite lengthy - so if you dare to read, prepare for a few lines.

I finally got to build a raft. I had wanted to do this for a long time now, but other matters always took priority. So the plan was to venture out to herbi-island and see if I can get a nice tame there. However I was scared of stories by giant fish taking out all rafts that go across deep sea. I actually confirmed this on Youtube and found myself pretty scared of venturing out by raft. Well... I would at least move in that direction. So I picked one of my mules (parasaur), put it to turret mode on my raft, placed two closets and off I ... hold on. Is that really a level 190ish Tek-Para on the coast over there. Wow... Abort mission - we have new priorities.

Admittedly - I could have gone the easy way with a bola, but I was more in a hunting spirit, underestimating the meaning of level 190. So I set my para to move again and went out with crossbow at the ready. Of course, the Tek-Para took off, but it didn't have much places to go (I had checked the surroundings some). I didn't expect it to take to water, though. So I mounted my raft and followed suit (just across the river this time) and kept hunting. I landed a few more shots and eventually the Tek-Para came down in shallow water. I started feeding a mix of berries, mostly mejo (no kibble, yet) and watched to my big astonishment, that the food-bar of the Tekkie was deplenishing quite rapidly, such that at about 90% taming the food-bar was completely empty. I was afraid that it would take on his health, but it didn't. When taming completed, the Tekkie stood up with all bars full and a whooping 260 levels. I was amazed. How could that happen without kibble and all the advanced taming-techs? Well, I delivered the Tekkie to my base, fed it and picked up my mission again.

So, back to the raft it is. Placed my mule again and started... just a moment. I need to check out a few things outside Ark first. So I let the raft sit in the middle of the estuary and dug up some information. When my attention returned to my raft, a silly raptor was munching happily on my mule. It had decided to swim up to the raft and help itself to some nice meat. Well, I felt in no position to oppose it. I don't remember the details, but it might have been a level 20ish alpha or high-level normal raptor. Anyways - I decided to let it have it's way and went to get another mule to finally set off to my mission.

Well, no more interruptions this time, so I was finally off. The raft felt good and I felt adventurous. Though the para often detected enemies around me, nothing attacked. I kept an eye out for "the big fish" with "K-mode" and other surveillance techniques and indeed soon spotted one lurking right behind the edge to the deep sea. I had steered my raft more or less close to the shore since most people said you wouldn't encounter one unless traversing deep water. And right it was - the "big fish" was lurking just behind the edge to the deep sea. I could only see his upper fins, but the signature was unmistakable. It scared me heaps and though I had heard rumors that patting the fish might be quite beneficial, I just couldn't make myself do it. Thus I continued my route along the shore, but it was only a few dozen meters further that I spotted a sarco out on the shore, obviously looking for trouble. So there I was, my little raft in shallow water, the "big fish" in deep water and the sarco on the shore. Didn't look like I'd be progressing much and the turning-radius of the raft was far too wide to turn without touching deep water and no "reverse gear" available. I was doomed. A very unfortunate expedition it seemed. And - of course - next I was spotted by the sarco and it went forth to attack us. Deep sea was not an option - with the big fish ready to destroy the raft facing the sarco would have been desastrous. So the only option was the shore. But the sarco was fast. The attack came right the moment I hit the shore. It went straight for my mule, however. Running across the beach, looking back I saw my poor mule looking helplessly out of the water while being eaten from below, screaming. I was grinding my teeth. No way to attack a sarco while it's water based. So I hid behind a couple of rocks and waited. Soon enough the sarco hit the land again and marched over to it's resting place. I pondered my options. Attacking the sarco on land still felt like a fool-hearted option. Not as bad as a water-based fight with the sarco, but still pretty bad. But what else could I do? Without the raft I was kind of stranded at these more or less distant shores. While I pondered my options, the sarco had found another option and was engaged in the next fight. Good thing these guys never rest for long. So I decided to take my chance, sprinted to the raft and took off to the sea. Everything smooth. So I eventually made my way to the point where I could see herbivore island. I was so happy, my goal so close. Furthermore, the voyage - as desastrous as it was in some terms, had had some serious rewards so far. I had come across trilobytes much more often than I've ever seen them before and harvested a decent amount of valuable resources. Well.... thinking about all these valuables made me hesitate to take to the open sea to reach herbie-island. Again I was pondering my options and decided that prior to crossing over to herbie-Island, I should investigate the shores some more. And boy I saw some serious stuff right there. The first Rex I have ever seen, closely followed by the first Tek-Rex I've ever seen and a group of 3 Allosaurus (which obviously weren't bothered by the Rex and vice versa). Also a few brontos nearby - so "all the big stuff" in plain sight. Amazing. Ofcourse I didn't go anywhere near those biggies, but continued along the shore some and soon it became quiet again, almost too quiet. So I eventually decided to turn around and go to herbie-island. I also kept chatting on discord and one guy there pointed me to the SE-cave and advised me to build a base inside that cave. I was a bit reluctant, since without Doedi and Casteri harvesting the resources for a base is quite a heavy load and takes a *lot* of time. I built a hunting-shack not long ago and it was half an eternal task. But the cave looked inviting because it had a serious amount of crystals and I've always been lacking these. So I started harvesting resources, switching to stone-tools (since I didn't have any metal at this new place and wanted to keep my metal-tools ready for special tasks like harvesting dinos or some more trilobytes (which indeed happened to come my way). I was also fortunate to watch an alpha-megalodon hunt in the area and boy this guy left quite a graveyard in it's wake. Another amazing sight to see.

After I had set all the foundations for the cave-base and the first level of walls around them, I actually grew tired of farming. Also the nearby stone-resources were almost depleted and I didn't have *any* helping dinos available at the new place, so hauling resources over larger distances was not much of an option. I placed a bed, put all the unnecessary stuff in a board and mounted my raft again. And off I ... ??? Whooops ??? The raft didn't move an inch. I tried a couple of things. Turning either direction, straight forward, even backward (though I knew that option wasn't available) and some random keys. Nothing. That raft had somehow found it's way onto the shore and out of the water and nothing could make it move ever again. After I finally realized that all my struggles with this raft would be in vain, I renamed it to beach-chair and let it sit at that spot. Maybe one day Ark will get an option to tow a raft with another vessel and I can set it free again. For now, I would have to construct another raft. Well, nice plan. But how do you go about gathering the required hide, when all the creatures around you are water-based (almost nothing on the shore) and an alpha-megalodon among them? I aggroed on everything I saw. Poor lystros. But I wanted to go home. I seriously wanted to go home, since all the Trilobytes I had met had given me resources I had been dreaming about before. When I was done with everything I climbed up the next hill, but the sight from there was pretty much what I had seen before.  A group of Allosaurus' and a Rex. Nothing I could be messing with. So I went back to my "quiet" shore and tried to dig up prey. It was hard, I didn't find much, but eventually I got the hide together and crafted another raft.

The way back was almost easy. No sarco around the area the previous attack came, no Leedsichthys around. Only trouble was arriving home I found one of the possible landing shores inhabited by a spino and the other by an alpha-raptor. Well, I took the Alpha-Raptor over the spino and took my time, waiting until the alpha moved far enough away to grant me passage to my base. So I'm back home and I can finally craft the saddle for my Ptera. I'll have a ridable flyer. So look forward to the next episode when I finally get around the area a little easier ;)

Ttys!

Eleusius.

• Like 2

Singleplayer base progresses fine. Done with arches, roofs and lights on the outer wall, just gotta do the arches-roofs-lights on the inner wall and then I can turn creative off, EXP gain on and start playing.

It's done! Every roof and arch built, every light placed and connected to a switch, decorative plants all in place. I can finally start playing.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

I finally found a good saber for the lava cave ? so I got my otter and supplies and staged myself near the lava cave entrance, ready for my next login.

Oo! And I made a nice display inside my house for all the artifacts, made an extra pedestal for the future lava cave artifact. 

if any of you have the time, can you throw up some pics of how you’ve got your artifact pedestals laid out? I’m interested to see how everybody else displays these ?

• Like 1