So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

We fought and beat (barely) the Gamma Dragon a couple of weeks ago.  18 Therizinos, 1 Yuty, and one Pig.   I learned several things that I would use if (when) we ever fight the Dragon again.

1)  Don't stand in lava or allow your dinos to stand in lava for long periods of time.  Pay attention to the ground.

2)  Stay behind the Dragon.  Its breath sets everything on fire including your mount, your clothes, etc.

3)  Heal when the Dragon is in the air.

Here is a video of our battle with the Gamma Dragon.  I apologize for the blurriness, but we are in the middle of upgrading Flont's PC so it should be better next time.

Been awhile since I got a weekday session in.

Just grinding those rexes out.

I did do some maintenance/logistical work while I was at it. First I went through and tallied up my army, I actually did much better than expected. I have a total of 31 "Omega" rexes aka my final gen rex army. 9 "survivor" rexes who made it through the gauntlet that is the Dragon. My 2 yutys. of course. And going back through my ranks I pulled out 3 second gen rexes. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever had that many 2nd gens to begin with since they were only replacements for the few I lost to the Broodmother. That's a total of 45 dinos out of a max of 50 allowed. I'm a bit torn on if I want to breed 5 more rexes, use 5 of my first gen, completely unmutated rexes, or just roll with what I have on the Alpha Overseer. I'm kind of leaning toward the latter and just rolling with 45. I don't feel like my first gen rexes will be very effective and it would be a waste of resources to build 5 extra saddles for rexes that will probably die.

I also went through and level up everyone's HP to where I want it. 12 levels in HP gets them to almost exactly 40k HP, which I think is a pretty decent amount. The rest I dump into melee, they can easily hit 1200%. Leveling up their HP gives them time to regen naturally so I don't have to do it myself, I have ages of leveling ahead of me anyway.

Also started getting the saddles together, I had a few salvaged from the dead army and I've been farming mats for awhile between other things. I'm not sure how many I can make so it's definitely something I need to work on.

Took a little break to farm for chibis, surprisingly got 2 reapers which was nice.

That's about it really. I do still have a lot of other prep to do but getting the rexes leveled is the main priority due to the massive time sink this is.

• Like 1

Aight so short little story time.

me and era have just been grinding away at the crystal isles map. Well this story is about how I screwed over my server with one fell swoop. So we had just gotten a mating pair of pteras and decided to breed some spares.  

well we started imprinting and the stats just went crazy... we tried again it did the same thing. So era just decided to raise his thinking it would fix itself. Well when it was grown it did 2million + damage... long story short I had turned my imprinting wonky and made super Dino’s. Fixed that found a asc tropeognathis saddle and logged... well that was eventful

Alright so sucky little story(partially)

Day 3: I started off by waking up and seeing an alpha raptor down the beach and my mind just went !!! Lucky it wander the other way, but not before I put spike walls and dino gates on two sides of my base(not the third for bronto) I noticed that  apparently standing torches don’t prevent resources from spawning : ( the i went off and killed some stuff, looking to maybe have party dodos spawn, then I saw TWO tapajaharas just sitting there! As I had a bola I thought “This will work!” It didn’t. So the next one i was just gonna shot with my 125ish% crossbow and I got too close, he flew away! I made 8 more bolas and serched for a Pteranodon instead(which I hadn’t seen yet : O I finally found two, tamed a level 36, and named him torpedo I think. Went back home, made a new raft, and built a little 3x3 on him, and placed down like 3 beds smithy, forge, cooking pot, 5 chests, upgrade station, standing torches, M&P you know the drill, and added some ramps, there, much better, now it’s moving day! I moved all the stuff , discovered that Upgrade Station picks up, made narcotics arrows, and went to find a beaver, and from what I remember, the beavers were just past the redwoods in the main river, so I went just above tree hight in redwoods, and stayed away from swamp, suddenly someone flipped The switch to night, I landed just outside the redwoods, then saw some small yellow dots getting bigger, being a slightly experienced player, I landed P-don with 1/5 stam, and flew fairly far away to rock, saw some yellow dots in the water and a I just got away with full stam(skill!) then landed a little later, and saw a tapajahra sail, in a rock, with its side exposed, yey easy tame, KOing him when I hear battle music, oh it’s just the tap, right, look over and some little yellow text, me not thinking, go over and am surrounded by like 5, shooting my tranq arrows at the, my dimorh manages to kill two or three, P don 1, then I’m KOed, and everything is still, dimorh must still be awake! And saved me! Noting else is here! Game: nope! 13,13,13,13,13,armor broke,26,26,26 “you died” respawn, I didn’t tame a second p-don, or leave a starter kit, and I’m faster then my raptor, so thinking, craft 10 torches, redneck run through swamp and redwoods! This wolnt work.... get about 2/3 through swamp... then something bites as I get stuck oN a tree, ahhhhh! Rock, bite, run, deep water, torch out, water floor, bite, run rocks made into a C ahhh, bite, find a small pass, run through, bite, YOUR INJURED AND YOUR LEG BROKE!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! Limp away..... he must have gotten stuck! Limp... bite, limp, bite you died...had to log of about 10 min before that... logged off, gonna tame a new pteranodon and save him(prob without taming two)

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 3

Just now, gamatron332 said:

Aight set server settings to bby growth rate = 57

and imprint I interval to 0.018

this will get you a 40ish minute raise time on a pterodon with full imprints every 9 nine mins @Dinobros2000

I think I have baby growth at 12 and impotent at .1 or so... I’ll try thoes settings, but I’m gonna get my stuff back first.

• Like 1

Just now, gamatron332 said:

Aight we’ll these setting insure full imprints and ok growth times. I think a giga has 5 hours on these settinga

So it takes 5 hours for a giga to grow with a 57 multiplyier how long does it normally take??? Unless the game uses a weird system that’s 57 x 5 hours... that’s over 250 hours..... no way...

3 minutes ago, gamatron332 said:

I think 20% faster yes

Yeyeyeyey breeds P-dons for 100 generations....... this is painful to pick up dodo!!!

3 minutes ago, gamatron332 said:

Yeah that’s why I have it at 57....

I see! Mine will = 70 I think! Do I need kibble for the imprints still? Or just like pet the dino, take on walk easy stuff. Mostly cus I don’t want to wait anywhere near that long for anything... what’s a good imprint intraval for that?

Edited by Dinobros2000