So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

daily gaming report Saturday june 6/6/2020

Today was a great day. amazing really. i wont spoil it though :)

aight started the day a grinding day. Era wasn't on so I started with just mining metal. The first run was uneventful... however while many of you believe that I am a total and complete pro the reality is far from that. I probs started playing ark only like... 1 month ago. Era is the real player. anyhow my newbiness showed today when I went to put the metal I had mined on my second run into my bulbdog for transport. I was still in the nameless zone and musclememoried the turn off of the bubldog's light. death, despair, and 10 mins later I had gotten my loot back. so I stopped doing metal runs. after that I wanted to go exploring, that's when the fun started for real :) I have never had a glider suit before and it was AMAZING. just me, my bulbdog , acouple climbing picks, and my glider made my play period. i hit up a couple of drops but the best part was just gliding around like a beast. that was the rest of my play period just gliding,gliding,gliiidding,.. thats why i love this game. because there is no real goal you can just walk away from the grind and do something else for a bit. anyone know how to post a pic? i want to put a gliding pic here :) that was the extent of my day but it was a good one. still looking for an answer to my roll rat problem...

• Like 1

Was in Xbox chat with some friends playing.  (I'm currently locked out due to the event update on PC)  They're in a different tribe and I over heard them talking about breeding Gachas to get an Ele gacha.  So me, being a good friend, logged into my account via Xbox and cloned my ele gacha and gave him the one I cloned off of.  Then I made about 200 shotgun shells, and then logged off and now I'm here on my PC reading the forums awaiting the Microsoft store update for the event patch that wasn't supposed to be released.....

Today I checked around the base for any good allos to tame (kinda want to start breeding them again, but gotta get a new clean male first, because the old one is pretty in the looks, but not in the stats and is, in fact, a mess of oxygen mutations and other unnecessary stuff), didn't find any. Found a good color tek rex, but it was male and only level 74, so I killed it.

Fed the dinos.

Replaced the auto-decayed leash on the argy perch (it's just a cliff, but my argies are perched there, so it's an argy perch).

Looked sadly at the place where my hive stood before it auto-decayed, and decided to not get a new one because I don't really use honey anyway - everything I'm interested in can be tamed with honeyless kibbles.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

(Day 1)I started a new world on the island single player, got to unlocking the smithy and refining forge, Died only one taming a trike. Tamed a trike, dimorphadon, raptor and para, made a Mortar and pestle and moved all my stuff on a raft, working for smithy next! All in about an hour with double/half rate and 6x times taming.

Edited by Dinobros2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

(Day 1)I started a new world on the island single player, got to unlocking the smithy and refining forge, Died only one taming a trike. Tamed a trike, dimorphadon, raptor and para, made a Mortar and pestle and moved all my stuff on a raft, working for smithy next! All in about an hour with double/half rate and 6x times taming.

(Day 2)Also I got to play a bit more after that, and ended up playing with my first mod, “Upgrade Station”, and making a torch that takes 30 minutes to burn out and a stone ax that kills paras in 2-3 hits! Also got a smithy and refining forge, an axe sickle, crossbow, and pick! Also tamed a bronto! Then I cleared a path up to a stone area using a raptor and torches so nothing could respawn, then I went on a killing spree of paras cus I loved my speed, stam, and weigh insanely. I’m about at 300 weight 190% speed and 250ish stam. Planning on taming another raptor next, maybe setting up a small storage camp? And making a better raft with foundations and ramps! Also maybe looking at Wiki for some good metal spawns!

• Like 1

Aight today started with the joys and hopes and dreams from my last play period... and ended with death and sadness. 

I started my day full of good spirit and a plan. I spent about 10-15 mins grinding out a trap and tranqs. The trap was from syntac’s ultimate ark aberration videos. I had realized that because my last ravager was dead I still had no battle mount. About 20mins later and no high lvl ravagers I spotted a drop. Now I had been hitting up drops ever since I had gotten my glider suit. This is when the real fun started  I looked into the drop and what do I see.. nothing but a asc ravager saddle!! Now it wasn’t a bp but if I did tame a ravager this would make it my battle mount and a good one at that.

I had begun to glide back home and forgot I was holding shift. I was looking at the tree ceiling and suddenly began to fall into the water.  Now no biggie I’ll just swim back to shore and walk back I wasn’t far. Didn’t even make it back to shore. You were killed by piranhas(100001) or something. Ok I’ll walk back. 2 feet from the beach and I got the message you were killed by a lvl 219 basilisk..... aight I’ll come from the cliff coming down a, carno killed me. A little frustrated I tried again, nearly got to my stuff when a spino and karkinos rolled up like family on a holiday. Dead again. Now the area around my stuff was littered with little green lights. I’ll spare the details but before I got my stuff back there were many many more green lights. Ugh. I headed back to base and logged. The asc saddle was nice but the death was not. Wasted my entire playtime just getting killed... 

hope you guys have better stories ? 

here is a screenshot of my dinky little base20200608111414_1.thumb.jpg.1fa9c4a3549b2b4e15dde28609bc7097.jpg

i cant seem to add a gliding screenshot...

Edited by gamatron332
Clarity and screenshots
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kpc said:

Killed 19 rex and 1 yuty, because alfa valguero manticore would not land, tried going on the spawn platform under the cliff outhang, this is bullying from the designers.
If the manticore wasnt going to be a foot/land based boss, then why put it in fights where you cant bring flyers.

I’ve never been in a boss fight but I believe this is a glitch... the only way I’ve heard of getting past it is high tier guns and 800+ ammo :/ so yeah... best of luck next time 

• Like 1

DAY 3: I didn’t get anything done today as of when I left my stuff on the raft, a large theropod similar to a T-Rex wandered over and stayed till the end of this places long days, and Ramson was fussing the whole time, I think he might be sick.

39 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Didn’t get to play today?

Ramson=Trike

• Like 1

Today was such a great day on the island. Was able to finally craft the chemistry bench and industrial cooker. However all of that was overshadowed by despair...

While i was flying on my Argentavis a rare sighting... UNICORN. It was all perfect timing i could bring it to my argentavis' claws and bring it to my home taming pen. As I put it down, I missed so i had to return and bring it back (keep in mind i also have my first otter tame on the beak of my argent. 2 for 1). I turned and went to take it on my claws again, and finally i was able to shoot it on my taming pen. Little did I know... DESPAIR was approaching... As i turned a pack of 4 raptors came sprinting... I tried to stop them but they were too many. Two of them managed to get up the ramp and into the taming pen were the unicorn was trapped.. I tried to help it with all my might but to no avail. Due to the ongoing chaos I dropped the Otter and he got munched on by the raptors... As I realized what had just happened, only one feeling came cruising over my body...

RAGE

At this moment I never felt bloodlust so powerful that even in death of the raptors, I was hitting air just to prove not a speck of them was left. From this day forth, every raptor I come across... MUST DIE

EDIT: I love Ark so much lol, here's the 2 Otters I tamed right after all that happened. Tit for Tat I guess.

20200609004315_1.thumb.jpg.4dc53d346f166ad7449ec9a013919319.jpg

Edited by Ohma
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 2:34 AM, SnowboundGem said:

I'm bored.. in ark I mean.. I turned on game faffed about a bit.

Filled feeding troughs turned on the forge, cooked food, tidied away breeders I left out.. lined up all other Dino's in their areas.

Walked around aimlessly for about thirty minutes opening and closing vaults. 

Logged off again. 

I have two thylas to restart my breeding program I just don't have the inclination for it. 

Sits patiently waiting for inspiration to strike. ?

Set up a singleplayer how you like it then go for an "Ultimate ARK" type play-through. I started a playthrough before Syntac even started that series but I've been having a blast. You play through the maps without transferring between them until you finish the bosses of that map and move on. The Island -> Scorched Earth -> Aberration -> Extinction -> Gen1 -> Gen2 -> The Center/Ragnarok/Valguero/Crystal Isles + Transfers open up between all maps.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

You play through the maps without transferring between them until you finish the bosses of that map and move on. The Island -> Scorched Earth -> Aberration -> Extinction -> Gen1 -> Gen2 -> The Center/Ragnarok/Valguero/Crystal Isles + Transfers open up between all maps.

>Gen2>Center>Rag>Val>CI>Other mods

Personally I just started playing, but I really started a year ago and don’t have much time to play, and I switched to PC recently, so I just started a Island, and I’ve wanted to play through like that since I learned there was story! Also I find many mods to be fun if your PC, like if you play with Upgrade Station+Creative Mode=99999 dmg assault riffle, then just go out and mow down critters.

Today I got another high level Rex at Carno island. Was having fun farming the island for a good bit and got lucky on a 145 Rex. I decided to bring it home and build a big raft made of stone to snuck him in there. I thought things were going as planned, well until I got attacked.... AGAIN. I didn't know this creatures existed and now im reminded of them, LEEDSICHTHYS. I knew i was in trouble when i was seeing big damage numbers on the raft that i built, so i tried as hard as i could to get as close to land as possible and it worked out for me somehow. 200+ hrs in and I still don't know that there are creatures like this in the game lol.

20200609181905_1.jpg

Edited by Ohma
  • Haha 4

Today I started building an elevator to the workshop (which is built on a platform on a fairly high cliff, so the only ways to access it are on a flyer or on a land mount with big enough steps, like a rex) after realizing that I haven't added to the stairs for at least a month so it's unlikely that I'll ever finish them, and that it's pretty stupid of me to assume that I can ALWAYS rely on my flyers to get there. So far platform and 2 pieces of tracks done, about 10 more pieces to go.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

16 hours ago, Ohma said:

Today I got another high level Rex at Carno island. Was having fun farming the island for a good bit and got lucky on a 145 Rex. I decided to bring it home and build a big raft made of stone to snuck him in there. I thought things were going as planned, well until I got attacked.... AGAIN. I didn't know this creatures existed and now im reminded of them, LEEDSICHTHYS. I knew i was in trouble when i was seeing big damage numbers on the raft that i built, so i tried as hard as i could to get as close to land as possible and it worked out for me somehow. 200+ hrs in and I still don't know that there are creatures like this in the game lol.

20200609181905_1.jpg

Eeek!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I discovered Unofficial servers a couple weeks ago. 

Been taming and breeding rexes for the females/eggs so I can tame Quetzals.

As much as I love my server (I love it because of NO major taming/breeding/XP benefits) which means raising rexes takes a long time. I still truly enjoy the server compared to official servers where your shelf life is literally hours........

Looking forward to taming my first Quetzal ever, while trying to find time to play long enough to level my character. 

• Like 2

My hours of farming Carno island finally payed off. Got an amazing Ascendant Longneck blueprint, now all I need is to craft it. Also saw 150 Rex and managed to put it in my taming pen there, however i didn't have my taming stuff so i had to return to my small established base about 5-6 mins away from Carno. Took me about 20 mins to get my stuff and return. When I arrived to where I placed him, he's not there anymore :( Might've died. I really wanted to tame him too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ohma said:

My hours of farming Carno island finally payed off. Got an amazing Ascendant Longneck blueprint, now all I need is to craft it. Also saw 150 Rex and managed to put it in my taming pen there, however i didn't have my taming stuff so i had to return to my small established base about 5-6 mins away from Carno. Took me about 20 mins to get my stuff and return. When I arrived to where I placed him, he's not there anymore :( Might've died. I really wanted to tame him too.

#1 Why does farming Carno island get you the ASC longneck rifle? The cave? Im new to caves and such because usually play on official....

#2 Rex might have despawned, 20 minutes doesn't seem long enough to kill a lvl 150. I saw a 140 running around for about a week on my unofficial, before I saw him no more.....which is cool cause he was average stats - my server has spyglass+? Allows me to see stats before I knock it out.