So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

We successfully completed the Northwest Cave, thus getting the last artifact required for the gamma dragon.  The hardest part about this cave is that it is too confined to bring along any sort of dino to ride.  It was just Flont and I and what we could carry in.  My advice is to hug the right wall and bring grappling hooks.  The pits are too deep to rescue a body, so do not take along anything that you cannot afford to lose.  There are bats and spiders, so bring lesser antidote for megarabies.  Here is how it went for us:

Edited by Stretch11
typo

Today in  ARK I lost my procoptodon. Apparently, in my absence something got into the base, ended up getting killed either by the two deinons I still have unfrozen, or by Nightshade, but not before freaking the dinos out. Since Dark Hopper is a tough and lucky kangaroo  (and since the log doesn't say that he got killed), I assume that he is alive somewhere, though I looked around near and somewhat far without finding him.  Should have put him into one of the boxes in the stable - can't jump out of them, my three equus are a proof to that, standing exactly as I left them last time. Whatever. Maybe I'll find him, maybe I won't, it's not like he's irreplaceable: full-black procoptos aren't even that rare.

I did this. Made a really beautiful Modern Adobe Villa on Scorched Earth for me, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I actually posted the Base tour video today but it took me 2.5 weeks of grinding & drawing designs on A4 paper sheets to make this a reality. 

Yes, it is 100% Legit; no GCM or spawning stuff since working towards a goal & achieving it makes it satisfying rather than cheating it in. 

Features: 
- Full of soothing greenery with a Gazeebo 
- 100% Wind zone hence electricity always ON & no need of generators
- Situated outside of Green Oasis hence 
       - beautiful scenery
       - easy access to fish meat, Silica pearls & water 
       - close to Mantis & deathworm spawn areas
- Safe zone. No Large predators are close by like Wyverns/Rexes/Yuty etc

I also show my Dinos including my Phoenix( my very 1st Phoenix tame in 4 yrs), Rock Elemental & my Boss killer Skeletal themed Rexes.

This is my last video on Scorched Earth Map. I'm moving to Aberration next where I have even grander plans( :) :)) .

Thank you to Aaron Longstaff, Captain Fatdog, The Pilgrimz Project for their excellent tutorials which inspired me to do this.

Thank you Big Time to my Dearest Wife for all the motivation & inspiration. :):)

• Like 1

Started getting out of the green obelisk oasis in scorched earth, found the argies just as I leveled up to make one. Got an argy, got the crew of preds back to base, then went on a bit of exploration run, as well as taming up anouther argy. Bit better level, lots more melee, had to work on health a bit, but decided to get gutsy and see if I could find a death worm....lets just say I found out why its called a death worm. Killed my first argy asap, luckily the higher level argy survived when I decided to high tail it out of there....depressed on how things went, decided to keep exploreing…..couple explorer notes later, had my argy right where I wanted her on both health and melee, so started working on stamina.....then I got crazy....went to the ridgeline for the wryvens….found an egg......only a level 3, nothing to scream to the heavens about, but nipped it anyhow. Oh god, fire wryven on my ass, and things are getting toasty! Got away tho, it was close and I still don't know how or why, but got away!

Made it clear back to home base, but now pondering how exactly to get the milk......I did build a small outpost with a bed, just in case, but will have to ensure my supplies are ready first. When I do, might bring some behemoth dino gates and set up a trap

Today I searched for Dark Hopper again, didn't find him, and decided to assume that he died despite the tribe log still not stating that he died. Also, found my moth (the better one of the two), which I didn't know I lost, but apparently I did, as otherwise he wouldn't be away from my base for me to find him.

Also, filled the troughs with enough meat and a bit of berries. Meant to add more berries, as my dinos immediately ate most of them, but ended up leaving all the extra ones in my bronto because the server became EXTRA LAGGY. Extra. Laggy. Not just regular laggy. The kind of laggy where walking up a three-long stair takes over a full minute of real time and the "you ran and ran, but you're almost where you started, except with no stamina" is a thing that happens A LOT.

11 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Today I searched for Dark Hopper again, didn't find him, and decided to assume that he died despite the tribe log still not stating that he died. Also, found my moth (the better one of the two), which I didn't know I lost, but apparently I did, as otherwise he wouldn't be away from my base for me to find him.

So one of my tribemates lost an argy in the Rag desert and we didn't find him for like..three months?  We figured he was dead, but eventually I randomly found him hovering above an alpha carno.  There's always hope.

But not for my brother's otter, who was lost today when he fell in some lava while we were trying to get a fire wyvern egg on Val.  His own turret whapped him off the cliff.  So that was a thing.  Meanwhile, I'm still raising a basilosaurus baby I've named Hotdog.

Today: went on a hunt with my tek rex Nightshade, nothing serious, no alphas, just hunted some rexes, carnos and whatever else happened across our way. Got some cementing paste from the dams, but the game froze when I was just near my base's gate, I had to close it, by the time I got back my character was dead an the bag already disappeared, so no paste for me. As for Nightshade, he was fighting a deinon a bit away from the gate. Looked like he was having fun. I whistled him after he was done.

Bred my tek rexes and argies, incubated the eggs to about half, but didn't feel like doing it all the way today, so I froze them for later. Maybe when that "later" happens I'll breed the dinos again so I'll have whole 8 tek rex and 8 agy ones to hatch.

The Island, private, server, two of us.

I have been breeding Rexes and Therezinos in preparation for the Overseer boss battle (only Gamma this time).  All of the Rexes and Therezinos hatched at over level 200 and I popped them all into cryopods (leveling is faster in cryopods and they do not need to be fed until you bring them out and level them up).  I will let them sit in the pods for a few days (maybe a week) and them bring them out again, level them up, and wait for their health to recover from the leveling.

I put a wooden tree ring on one of the Redwoods where there was a beehive in reach.  I flew over a bear and set him on the ring for gathering - I had to use a Quetzl because bears are too big to be carried by an Argy.  I put in tree taps so that I could also harvest Sap whenever I picked up Honey.  I am making Sweet Vegetable Cakes for my Therezinos as that scheme worked well for the Dragon.  This time, I will have 10 Cakes per dino as most ran through the five that they had for the Dragon fight.

The Rexes are not for the actual Overseer fight, they are for clearing out the Tek cave on the way to the Overseer so that the Therezinos do not get too damaged before they go into the boss fight.  Theoretically we can bring 40 dinos into the cave, but the staging area outside is small and surrounded by lava.  I am not certain if we can get in 40 during the 5 minutes that the gate to the cave is open.  We may bring some in with pods, but it takes a long time to unpod everything and/or recover from cryosickness if we unpod them all at once.  There may also be an unpodding limit for this cave (I will need to investigate that further).

The plans are to bring 20 Rexes, 18 Therezinos, a Yuty, and a pig.  I will be riding the Yuty to scare out Purlovias from hiding and in the boss battle to encourage the Therezinos.  Flont will be riding the pig in the boss battle for healing and he will be shooting his automatic rifle from pig-back (one advantage a pig has over a Yuty).  During the cave, he will be herding the Therezinos while I am herding the Rexes.

I expect the Tek cave to be worse than the Snow cave, so this session (Tek cave + Overseer boss battle) will probably be several hours.  Flont and I will have to plan out a  time when we are both available to do this.

Hatched eight tek rex eggs (all unremarkable, all killed), eight argent eggs (first batch of four unknown due to all hatchlings dying while I was trying to reconnect, second unremarkable save for a white  with ginger -head and light-yellow chest male, which I decided to keep because the stats are okay and I love white argents), and two theri eggs (hatchling stats unknown due to disconnect while I was trying to claim them, by the time I got back they already were dead and gone). Also bred my three equus mares before logging off, hope it'll result in something good (and hope that I log back in in time to claim the foals, NOT in time to see their starved corpses just before they decompose).

• Like 1

first time posting so yeah... this was written for a group of friends that do not play ark so pls excuse the little teaching moments

daily gaming report Wends -Thursday June 3-4 
    Aberration : the grind

Today i'm writing a double post because the 3(ikr) play periods were rather uneventful. but ill try to spice things up.
So I started Wednesday with a low stone stockpile. We had lost our doedic to the little dino wipe a couple of days back so I set out with the drop box trap to find an ok doed. spotted a lvl 77 near our metal mining area and set up the trap. Uneventfully got the doed into the trap and tranqed. now the doed was going to take about 30 mins to tame and I had a now infinite supply of taming berries/shrooms due to the stego (give me a whoop whoop!) so I went to find a passive tame to take up the time. I spent a stupid amount of time trying to find a good lvl bulbdog, listro, anything. I found nothing. So then I was heading back the base to see if there was any other mats I was low on and lo and behold a lvl 219(max for this server) bulbdog wandered into my path. yes. please. Real quick and in a hurry tamed it up and went back to the doedic got it tamed up and logged.

later that Wednesday

So I logged back on to see the doed and new bulb dog were safe and sound in the taming trap. brought both of them back to base and started to see what a saddle would take for the doed. After grinding out the saddle got some stone and stored that away. Now I begun to think. I couldn't fight a single animal with the current load out. The animals I had were either too low lvl to battle or were simply utility animals (example: bulbdog) so I begun to think about taming a ravager. A ravager is a meat eating killing machine and they live in packs. I got my taming gear and loaded my self for all out war. The first ravager I saw was a 190. All alone too. I then proceeded to get my self killed by it. yay. After a quick wiki on the ravagers I learned that they could be bolad. which means that I could just stop it in its tracks easily . Went back, got my gear, bolad the 190 and started tranqing. After far more tranqs than were needed I admin checked its torpor... it was maxed out... so I had a deadly unknockoutable ravager. I admin knocked it. now I put the taming food in it..... it didn't eat. I stood there for more than 10 mins staring at it not eat. Well. Force tame. I got rid of all my taming gear like if it would have tamed right so I feel no guilt(feels plenty of guilt) then I figured out that ravagers are beast. they get METAL weight reduction yaaaayayyy. then I went on a metal mining spree and logged.

Thursday

So today when IU booted the server I disabled admin cheats because I felt NO guilt about having to force tame the ravager. Yeah. I tamed it the right way and got rid of alll the taming gear I had on me to make it a proper trade off. No guilt. Anyway. I logged on with the intention of.. I dunno so I just started to run around on the ravager to lvl it up after about 5 mins of this I run across a lvl 7 dire bear. Score! I needed a dire bear to get honey to tame a roll rat (best aberration wood gatherer) to start a proper base. After tranqing the bear I got honey from two hives(you can get honey by hand but it ends in death and less honey) got it tamed and then saw the requirement for the saddle. 100 cp!??! Who gets 100cp? Anyhow got the cp and gathered honey with the dire bear and went to try and find a roll rat. Found a lvl 26 and started the taming process it was going to be amazing. It, my ravager ,and all the animals within a 100 yard range were then slaughtered by a pack of high lvl ravagers and a carno. Ok then. so I just grinded out some mats for taming a higher lvl bear and logged.

• Like 1

I used to comment and post a lot here but took a long break when I came back the thread became YouTube advertising so it didn't interest me anymore but that's just how I feel. 

I've love reading about peoples days on the arks while I work up the excitement to play again. 

Does anyone else lack inspiration at times. I've restarted & completed each map over and over for nearly 4 years.

I dislike gen and extinction maps so won't be playing on those again. 

On 6/4/2020 at 11:33 AM, gamatron332 said:

me neither d1nk i saw this post a month ago or so read nearly the entire thing and got sad when people stopped posting so i made an account just for this :)

Glad to hear it man :) I firmly believe having it on the front page will help everyone comment and see it more often!

While I dont play anymore I still check forums every few days and catch up on all this :D

This thread was the highlight of my ARK career. I met the best people I've played with in this thread and found my longest unofficial server here too! Keep it going :)

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Glad to hear it man :) I firmly believe having it on the front page will help everyone comment and see it more often!

While I dont play anymore I still check forums every few days and catch up on all this :D

This thread was the highlight of my ARK career. I met the best people I've played with in this thread and found my longest unofficial server here too! Keep it going :)

Yeah I have a few buddies who said they wouldn’t mind posting here... was typing up my story and then got sidetracked will finish it later today:) 

• Like 1

aight day two post

quick story time before I get to todays story. I run a server for my friends and I(yes an entire server not one of those nondedicated dohickies) and have been playing by myself for the past hmm week or so. so finally one of my friends was able to play again! he has been logged out on the floor of my base for the entire week so I was happy. :) anyhow he and I are pretty new to the aberration map and Its like one of the first actual playthrough of a map. so there. back to your regularly scheduled story

Logged into discord to see my new/old friend on, so a quick chat later we were both logging into the server. (we'll call him Era because he wants to be called that) I showed him what I had accomplished and then I set out with tranqs to tame a higher lvl bear while he kited a basilisk away from base. Well apparently bears have very high torpor. and this one was mate boosted. so after wasting about 36 tranq DARTS I gave up(got killed by said bear) and decided to tame a roll rat. 15 mins later in raging on and on about why is its taming going down? We have taming food drain set to 8x so that it took less time to tame but the same resources , we also have passive tame interval set to eight to combat the insane food drain for passives... however at 80% taming the roll rats taming started to go down! I think it has something to do with the burrowing. I don't want to turn the effectiveness up but I want the roll rat. Any ideas? anyhow after those 2 taming failures we just decided to go and get metal from the surface entrance. Ended up getting gliders when we got got back to base and went exploring. we both got killed by raptors and ravagers and did the naked run of shame. over and over and over again. eventually I got the gear , went back to base and logged. Era stayed on to grind a little for lvls looking forward to see what he did.

so basically how do i tame the roll rats with my settings?

• Like 1